Total votes: 12
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 369
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [DAY 4]

Post by Marmot »

Looking back LizKeen was the first one to bring the vomps suspicion to the table, which she did on Day 2. However, she voted Zomba on Day 3 rather than vomps. But she had suspected Zomba just as much if not more, so I guess that all doesn't mean much.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Sophie
The Mark
Posts in topic: 95

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [DAY 3]

Post by Sophie »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:Zomb's posts make me feel a better I'd say. I'm gonna go for Vomps.
Now what if we consider DP's only post from yesterday, as well as the timing of his vote?

DP voted for vomps to push the him closer to Zomba at 7-6.

This is interesting
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:Zomb's posts make me feel a better I'd say. I'm gonna go for Vomps.
Now what if we consider DP's only post from yesterday, as well as the timing of his vote?

DP voted for vomps to push the him closer to Zomba at 7-6.

This is interesting
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 14

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

No kidding eh
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 179

Post by Black Rock »

fingersplints wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
Sophie wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
LizKeen wrote:BR, what do you think about DP having the elephant charm?
I have no idea what happened to it after I died. It's something worth noting.
Doesnt baddies obtain the item from people they kill? You had the elephant charm now he haves it: probably a baddie
There is also a civvie thief and neutral- probably civvie friendly thief to account for as well. Objects have been changing hands in ways other then the kill.
It's true, that's if they stole it before I was killed on N1 though. It could have happened, maybe not.
no, not necessarily. Either of those roles could have stolen it from your killer.
True, I wasn't thinking that way. I would expect DP to have a case on someone by now. If he is in fact one of those roles.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 267
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: Harry Stephen Keeler [DAY 2]

Post by Turnip Head »

LizKeen wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:And while we're talking about it, I really doubt that that's what the bottle does. I think it's more likely that Epi was targeted not by an item, but by a power from the baddie camp. Probably something like this:
Roles wrote:Macleish MacPherson - The Crooked Doctor - Can dispense medicine that does a variety of unsavory and often illegal things.

TH, Since I've posted about this before and you haven't commented I'm curious about this post. Why did you think MM was making this up and The Doctor actually did it?

Thanks for the help with the replacements. So everyone is now my little pony?
Because I thought MM was bad and so I thought he was lying about what the bottle did. Tbh it didn't make sense to me as an ability a bottle would have, so I thought he had used a doctor curse instead.

As for assuming DP is bad because he's got the two-headed elephant... I just think it's too early to conclude that. Items are moving all over the place apparently. In fact, I just ended up with the bottle item last night :shrug: I'm pretty sure Epi had this bottle at some point, but I don't know if I got it from Epi or someone else.

This is an LC post about the elephant from Day 2:
Long Con wrote:So the Blond Beast of Bremen is now in possession of Black Rock's Two-Headed Elephant charm. I don't know if they did that to screw with the Celestials, or what... I think the Five Treasures are probably the Green Jade Hand, the Silver Buddha, the Two-Headed Elephant charm, the Ivory Arrow, and the Ivory Ball. Maybe the Silver Coin or the Amber Necklace.

Llama, do the Celestials know the five items they're looking for? Interesting if they do, because perhaps they would have gone for those items in the first poll.
I thought Long Con made a valid point about BR's elephant charm possibly being a Celestial treasure. The indy team has an item checker and an item thief, so they must have some way of knowing which items they want and who to target for them. If LC is right about the elephant being one of their five items, then maybe the Celestials stole the elephant from BR on the same night she was killed. That could mean DP is a Celestial.

DP could also be an item thief, of civ or indy variety, and stole the item from the Blonde Beast, or he could have had the item given to him by Casimer Jeck. My point here is I don't think we should jump to conclusions just yet. I would like to hear what DP has to say about this.

As for MM and Bass switching roles... it read more to me like they switched "places". Maybe they switched targets, or people targeting them switched targets, or they got to use each other's powers last night. I doubt it means they switched roles, that would be crazy and possibly game breaking?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 268

Post by Epignosis »

If it helps you, Turnip Head, I don't mind telling you that I stored my bottle in my shiny safe, and it was stolen anyway. :fist:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 63

Post by Elohcin »

well, I really meant who was the first to bring up a case on vomps the day of Zombs lych. Who started the push for it and convinced others to vote him?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I think that was Golden, but I'll go back and check.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:If it helps you, Turnip Head, I don't mind telling you that I stored my bottle in my shiny safe, and it was stolen anyway. :fist:
:haha:

Most of being doesn't believe this whole story even for a second.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:If it helps you, Turnip Head, I don't mind telling you that I stored my bottle in my shiny safe, and it was stolen anyway. :fist:

Try that again, MM, and this time try not to slobber.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Elohcin wrote:well, I really meant who was the first to bring up a case on vomps the day of Zombs lych. Who started the push for it and convinced others to vote him?
Looking back, there wasn't a case per se as much as a collective decision to vote Vomps because of doubt re: voting Zomba. Golden was the first to mention Vomps as a lynch candidate. Hell, Zomba didn't even try the Vomps angle herself, she quickly voted AP when talk started to turn toward voting a low poster. And look at this Golden post:
Golden wrote:So I voted vomps. I hope that, in the end, vomps dies and zombs is saved. Thats my goal today. I am not 100% sure zombs is good, but I do think she could be given more time to prove herself.
Golden died last night, his final actions were campaigning hard to save Zomba by voting Vomps.

I think Zomba's team likely gave up on her early in that lynch, as the Vomps thing didn't pick up until very late in the lynch cycle. Teammates don't have that kind of time to wait around when they feel they need to distance themselves from a situation. I think it's just as likely that Zomba's teammates voted for her as it is that they tried to save her. I also think it's possible that Vomps is bad too. That could have been a baddie vs. baddie lynch.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 244
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Metalmarsh I don't understand what you are saying about Epi's comment re: his bottle getting stolen from his safe. Could you rephrase please?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Epi, considering that you just hosted her, what do you make of Sophie so far?
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 111

Post by fingersplints »

rabbit8 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:APerson is easy to lie low as a baddie because he doesn't post enough to give anyone an idea either way usually. MP had a similar outburst like he just did in RR. I think it's unlikely he would pull that twice in a row, but I didn't have either of them down as a civvie so I have my eye on both you and bass as I said. I also said I doubted I would be voting either of you.
People don't regularly change places, so that whole situation is weird to me. I wouldn't say either of you are high up on my suspicion list, but I don't have strong civvie vibes yet either

Linki rabbit is every person making a case? I haven't seen you laying down massive cases either. mafia is people reacting to one another :shrug2:

I never said make a massive case. Reading what I write would be nice.

Speaking of you suspicion list, what is it? You never actually accuse anyone but low posters, well done. Anyone can do that. :nicenod:
I have read what you wrote. Actually I just went through all your posts. Most of them are a few liners and questions to other people. These are both baddie tactics according to you, therefore you are bad.

I already said that my strongest suspect is Sophie. I have accused others who haven't been low posters. But again this is also the pot calling the kettle black since you are going after low posters now yourself.
Gro-oo-ovy
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 294

Post by rabbit8 »

Well done. :clap:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Dom »

fingersplints wrote:
Sophie wrote:But if someone gets killed and the next day this said person gets the dead person object, what would that mean?
It is not the next day. BR was killed N1 and on day 4 DP might have the item. (this is to say if the newspaper is even accurate, which has already been called into question) This means there were three nights of item swapping possible.
While this is true-- the timing of his vote also makes me wonder about him.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

splintsy can you talk about why Sophie is your strongest suspect?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 99

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I think Sophie has been playing a different game compared to Roger Rabbit. In RR she was more aggressive.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:Epi, considering that you just hosted her, what do you make of Sophie so far?
I only hosted her one time, but Sophie was aggressive in Roger Rabbit. I'm not seeing that here. I think fingersplints made this point earlier, and I agree.

Addendum, and now so has Bass.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 244
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

TH, from what I've seen of sophie in RR and other games is when she is civ she is after someone no holds barred. She is like a dog that won't let go of a bone. That's the behavior that seems to be missing here, I just don't know the reason.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 222

Post by Dom »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I think Sophie has been playing a different game compared to Roger Rabbit. In RR she was more aggressive.
Has Sophie fully caught up yet?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

In her last mention of catching up she said she was only a few pages behind, and after that she was discussing things that have only recently occurred, so I would imagine she is caught up now.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Turnip Head wrote:splintsy can you talk about why Sophie is your strongest suspect?
Sure can! Sophie hates to be bad and loves to be civvie. She tries to hide her disappointment but as a result is very quiet when she is a civvie.
I went into this some during RR too where I spent hours reading Sophie in past games. When I did that I noticed that not only is a baddie Sophie quieter, she plays the "confused civvie" card. Kinda like this:
Sophie wrote:so can someone help me understand something im still at loss with a couple of things
host said we could discuss our items, right? maybe im wrong about it
but is in the best interest of us civvies to discuss what we got?
maybe we should all say what we have, it could be easier for us to analize everything
maybe this has been discussed in the 30 pages i havent read yet

can someone help me understand how this item thing works exactly cause i still dont fully get it. i have something that it seems completely useless but it might make sense if i comment it here? what about other peoples? has this been discussed?
helpç
This game she has contributed little. Buddy'd up to Golden like this:
Sophie wrote:
Golden wrote: Having said that, I don't know that I would ever NK bf on night one. Not unless there was a reason I really had to. And he's just my best mafia bud. So I do understand there is some legitimacy to that argument.

Im not your best mafia bud? :pout:
She has also twice specifically asked dfaraday for his opinion, saying that she knows him from RM. There are many more that she hasn't asked for the opinions of that she has played with more. like me, SVS, BR, LC, juliets, Dom, rabbit, etc etc. ALL of these people played on RM when Sophie did and were more active then df.
If I am correct and Sophie is bad, I will be looking at dfaraday next.
Gro-oo-ovy
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 14

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Dom wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
Sophie wrote:But if someone gets killed and the next day this said person gets the dead person object, what would that mean?
It is not the next day. BR was killed N1 and on day 4 DP might have the item. (this is to say if the newspaper is even accurate, which has already been called into question) This means there were three nights of item swapping possible.
While this is true-- the timing of his vote also makes me wonder about him.
I typically try to vote near the end of the day. I decided Vomps because Zomba's posts felt genuine to me. Obviously I was wrong about Zomba. Might still be right about Vomps though, who knows. :p
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

fingersplints wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:splintsy can you talk about why Sophie is your strongest suspect?
Sure can! Sophie hates to be bad and loves to be civvie. She tries to hide her disappointment but as a result is very quiet when she is a civvie.
I went into this some during RR too where I spent hours reading Sophie in past games. When I did that I noticed that not only is a baddie Sophie quieter, she plays the "confused civvie" card. Kinda like this:
Sophie wrote:so can someone help me understand something im still at loss with a couple of things
host said we could discuss our items, right? maybe im wrong about it
but is in the best interest of us civvies to discuss what we got?
maybe we should all say what we have, it could be easier for us to analize everything
maybe this has been discussed in the 30 pages i havent read yet

can someone help me understand how this item thing works exactly cause i still dont fully get it. i have something that it seems completely useless but it might make sense if i comment it here? what about other peoples? has this been discussed?
helpç
This game she has contributed little. Buddy'd up to Golden like this:
Sophie wrote:
Golden wrote: Having said that, I don't know that I would ever NK bf on night one. Not unless there was a reason I really had to. And he's just my best mafia bud. So I do understand there is some legitimacy to that argument.

Im not your best mafia bud? :pout:
She has also twice specifically asked dfaraday for his opinion, saying that she knows him from RM. There are many more that she hasn't asked for the opinions of that she has played with more. like me, SVS, BR, LC, juliets, Dom, rabbit, etc etc. ALL of these people played on RM when Sophie did and were more active then df.
If I am correct and Sophie is bad, I will be looking at dfaraday next.
that should say she is quiet when she is a baddie.
Gro-oo-ovy
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I honestly haven't thought about Sophie at all, or DFaraday for that matter.
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Black Rock wrote:I honestly haven't thought about Sophie at all, or DFaraday for that matter.
Time to start thinking about them! :nicenod: :goofp:
Gro-oo-ovy
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

It would seem so, unfortunately that will have to wait until after bowling, I have playoffs tonight. You see how super cool I am. :blush: I leave soon. I was just doing some catch up before I leave.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 260

Post by Golden »

Tenpin bowling? Playoffs? BR, are you a bowling champ? Whats your high score?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I don't find that dorky at all. My aunt used to own a bowling alley. My dad is a league and bowls perfect games. I get the lowest score possible. :( It seems I didn't get the good bowler genes

I look forward to your thoughts when you get home.
Gro-oo-ovy
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 452

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

You're so witty! Who would ever have thought that a comment involving the word "slobber" could be a piece of brilliant repartee :clap:

Someone should write a book, the Wit & Wisdom of Epignosis. It might have to be a two volume set, maybe even three. I bet there is too much wit & wisdom for only one volume, unless it was the size of one of those giant library dictionaries.

I would buy it the day it was published, and not the Kindle edition, either. I think loads of people would buy it. Maybe Eloh can compile it, becasue I am sure she could assemble a compendium of your wit & wisdom with hardly any effort at all. I am sure she has heard vast quantities of your wit & wisdom; if only she would be willing to share :nicenod:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Eloh never listens to me.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

You're so witty! Who would ever have thought that a comment involving the word "slobber" could be a piece of brilliant repartee :clap:

Someone should write a book, the Wit & Wisdom of Epignosis. It might have to be a two volume set, maybe even three. I bet there is too much wit & wisdom for only one volume, unless it was the size of one of those giant library dictionaries.

I would buy it the day it was published, and not the Kindle edition, either. I think loads of people would buy it. Maybe Eloh can compile it, becasue I am sure she could assemble a compendium of your wit & wisdom with hardly any effort at all. I am sure she has heard vast quantities of your wit & wisdom; if only she would be willing to share :nicenod:
Oh I could compile something alright, but it wouldn't be of his wit and wisdom. And Epi it the one that doesn't listen. He openly admits to tuning me out all the time. :p
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:Metalmarsh I don't understand what you are saying about Epi's comment re: his bottle getting stolen from his safe. Could you rephrase please?
Perhaps I am jaded because I am already suspicious of Epignosis and TH, but TH came in and said that he ended up with the bottle last night. Epignosis responded that the bottle was stolen from him last night. For this to be true, TH would probably be some non-baddie role.

So, I wonder if this is true.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
juliets wrote:Metalmarsh I don't understand what you are saying about Epi's comment re: his bottle getting stolen from his safe. Could you rephrase please?
Perhaps I am jaded because I am already suspicious of Epignosis and TH, but TH came in and said that he ended up with the bottle last night. Epignosis responded that the bottle was stolen from him last night. For this to be true, TH would probably be some non-baddie role.

I voted you, got the bottle, put it in my safe, my safe got cracked, someone else got my bottle, and now TH has the bottle. You do the math, fella.

I was going to use the bottle on Eloh to ask her if she wanted to have a threesome anytime soon. Alas.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I voted you, got the bottle, put it in my safe, my safe got cracked, someone else got my bottle, and now TH has the bottle. You do the math, fella.

I was going to use the bottle on Eloh to ask her if she wanted to have a threesome anytime soon. Alas.
Do you really need the bottle to ask that? And as for my answer....sounds tempting. Who's in? :haha:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Do you really need the bottle to ask that? And as for my answer....sounds tempting. Who's in? :haha:
thellama73 I'm going to need a replacement. I'll be on craigslist if anyone needs me.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

:haha: You can do better than craigslist. But alas, I only need you, my love.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

:Uhh:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

It's a true story though, Marshy. I have your bottle now. :omg:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:It's a true story though, Marshy. I have your bottle now. :omg:
Fucking thief.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

You could just say I was in the right place at the right time.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:You could just say I was in the right place at the right time.
I had you penciled in for another role, but not anymore. :meany:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't need you pencilin' me nowhere! :keys:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I know what the math means. :noble:

And you guys should try "Gay Bob doll. He goes all the way... Ever try oral sex with a miniature rubberized homo-replica?"

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 260

Post by Golden »

Not sure if pencil is double entendre...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:Not sure if pencil is double entendre...
Maybe, maybe not. But taking a shower with you would be.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

So here is my main question. If Turnip Head is one of the roles that allows him to steal an item (Tim Waldo, Sophie Kratzenschneiderwümpel, Casimer Jech, Luke McCracken, or Ichabod Chang), what good would it do him to come into the thread and say he "just ended up with the bottle last night"?

TH, why do you think you ended up with the bottle?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I'm really super tired right now so I won't be posting much tonight. I'm hoping I can absorb what I'm reading right now, and then reflect on it tomorrow.

Return to “Previous Jobs”