The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 12)

Moderator: Community Team

Can Someone Finally Die?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Bass 2.0
No votes
Black Rock
No votes
DFaraday
20%
FZ.
33%
Long Con
No votes
MetalMarsh89
No votes
Sophie
No votes
Devin the Omniscient
No votes
I...Iiii...I'm Still Alive (Host, Mod, Nons)
47%

Total votes: 15
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 116

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 1)

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I don't agree that Elo being disinterested in the game so far means that she's not an Old Rogue and/or is bad, Epi. In fact, I know that circa Harry Potteer mafia, Elo being uninvolved was a civvie tell of hers in your eyes.
That was over a year ago. You don't think Eloh has become a more nuanced player since then?

And this setup is different: As far as I know, only two Old Rogues start with BTSC and can gain it. Only one New Rogue can gain it but doesn't start with it.
I think that she has. You are the one making her sound like she has not; no BTS and she loses interest. I have seen her play a sound civ game with no BTS. Perhaps two games stretches her thin. I know I have issues juggling that at times, and I have been playing for a long time.
No. That's a misrepresentation of what I've said.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

So llama is deliberately trying to act in such a way that is like a previous Civ game? Is that supposed to make us think he's Civ in this one? Kind of heavy handed.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 245

Post by S~V~S »

Epi, I don't think it's a misrepresentation, I think it's pretty accurate.
Long Con wrote:So llama is deliberately trying to act in such a way that is like a previous Civ game? Is that supposed to make us think he's Civ in this one? Kind of heavy handed.
I look forward to hearing from him. Perhaps it was Zero shenanigans. But perhaps it was, as you say, deliberate.

As someone who also is married to someone you mafia with, wha do you think of Epi declaring Elo not an Old Rogue based on one 2 word post?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Sophie
The Mark
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Sophie »

Changeable votes mean one can vote now and then change it as many times as one wants?
Just to clarify, i ve never played a game in when that happens, and at first it confused me seeing people voting so early
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:Epi, I don't think it's a misrepresentation, I think it's pretty accurate.
Not "pretty." "In."
S~V~S wrote:
Long Con wrote:So llama is deliberately trying to act in such a way that is like a previous Civ game? Is that supposed to make us think he's Civ in this one? Kind of heavy handed.
I look forward to hearing from him. Perhaps it was Zero shenanigans. But perhaps it was, as you say, deliberate.

As someone who also is married to someone you mafia with, wha do you think of Epi declaring Elo not an Old Rogue based on one 2 word post?
I didn't appraise her based on a two-word post. You're misrepresenting what I said, and now you're asking loaded questions.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sophie wrote:Changeable votes mean one can vote now and then change it as many times as one wants?
Just to clarify, i ve never played a game in when that happens, and at first it confused me seeing people voting so early
Yeah, as often as you want, Just post you're changing in the thread.

Linki, it's not a loaded question. It is how I see it. I think it's a big fat distraction, tbh.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:
Sophie wrote:Changeable votes mean one can vote now and then change it as many times as one wants?
Yeah, as often as you want, Just post you're changing in the thread.

Linki, it's not a loaded question. It is how I see it. I think it's a big fat distraction, tbh.
Distraction from what?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You could be right about her, certainly uou know her better than I. But this on top of your request for sidekick applications, that felt like dropping a hint for Blacksmith.

As of right now, that's what i think.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 136

Post by thellama73 »

Crazy busy day at work. I am here now. :)

I see there's been some talk about me. I don't mind. Talk away. I like Epi's probability approach very much, but so far I only have one ping, and his name is Bullzeye.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Aceofspaces has only posted once. I do not like that. :evileye:

Maybe I will vote for him.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:You could be right about her, certainly uou know her better than I. But this on top of your request for sidekick applications, that felt like dropping a hint for Blacksmith.

That's fine if that's what you want to think. The implication would almost be insulting that, given such a role, I should be so sloppy, but then I remember that you think I'm ballsy and would actually play it that way.

It's all good- just wish you were better than you are reading between the lines.

And for those watching at home, no, that last comment has nothing to do with role hinting.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:You could be right about her, certainly uou know her better than I. But this on top of your request for sidekick applications, that felt like dropping a hint for Blacksmith.

That's fine if that's what you want to think. The implication would almost be insulting that, given such a role, I should be so sloppy, but then I remember that you think I'm ballsy and would actually play it that way.

It's all good- just wish you were better than you are reading between the lines.

And for those watching at home, no, that last comment has nothing to do with role hinting.
Epi, I would prefer to lynch Monkey Grodd before any other role, because his existence confuses me. Do you think Eloh is likely to be him? If not, then who?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Epignosis wrote:

It's not what I want to think, it's what i do think.

And Llama, have you actually read the thread?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote: And Llama, have you actually read the thread?
Most of it. Why?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Just curious.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Just curious.
Any pings yet? If not, I request that you give our old friend Bullzeye a read.

Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Bullzeye »

thellama73 wrote:
You said I was your only ping but then you said you might vote Aces. So much for 'only'. Care to explain why I'm so pingy to you?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Bullzeye wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
You said I was your only ping but then you said you might vote Aces. So much for 'only'. Care to explain why I'm so pingy to you?
Aces is not a ping, I just might vote him for being a low poster.

Anyway, I'm extremely glad you asked!

*ahem*

In this game, it appears that BTSC connections are not a good indicator of baddieness (I say "it appears," although I do not like making assumptions when there are so may secrets.) So how to catch the baddies? You have to get inside their heads. I'm looking for people who know they are bad and therefore think "Oh, I don't want to be caught, better be careful!" I am looking for people posting in such a way to lead me to believe that this is their thought process. That's my baddie hunting strategy in general this game.

Now, in particular, I just got through watching you play a very adept baddie game in the comfort of your BTSC chat, and as I watched, I observed your behavior. I observed that you were very helpful and nice and tried to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. You are doing that. Now's the part where you say "I do that every game!" Well, maybe you do and maybe you don't, but I am seeing the baddie Bullz I just saw.

Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Bullzeye »

thellama73 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Aces is not a ping, I just might vote him for being a low poster.

Anyway, I'm extremely glad you asked!

*ahem*

In this game, it appears that BTSC connections are not a good indicator of baddieness (I say "it appears," although I do not like making assumptions when there are so may secrets.) So how to catch the baddies? You have to get inside their heads. I'm looking for people who know they are bad and therefore think "Oh, I don't want to be caught, better be careful!" I am looking for people posting in such a way to lead me to believe that this is their thought process. That's my baddie hunting strategy in general this game.

Now, in particular, I just got through watching you play a very adept baddie game in the comfort of your BTSC chat, and as I watched, I observed your behavior. I observed that you were very helpful and nice and tried to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. You are doing that. Now's the part where you say "I do that every game!" Well, maybe you do and maybe you don't, but I am seeing the baddie Bullz I just saw.
Did you see the part in btsc where I said I always play my baddie game because it's the only game I know? Did you see the part in this game where I've been helpful and nice and given everyone the benefit of the doubt? All I've said this entire game amounts to "sometimes a joke is just a joke". What do you mean looking for people who know they are bad? Everyone knows their role. Everyone knows if they're good or bad as far as I can tell.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
Yeah, I already voted for Epignosis. It could change.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Bullzeye wrote: Did you see the part in btsc where I said I always play my baddie game because it's the only game I know? Did you see the part in this game where I've been helpful and nice and given everyone the benefit of the doubt? All I've said this entire game amounts to "sometimes a joke is just a joke". What do you mean looking for people who know they are bad? Everyone knows their role. Everyone knows if they're good or bad as far as I can tell.
To answer the questions in the latter half of this paragraph, yes, everyone knows their role. What I mean is that rather than looking for objective facts like BTSC connections that can be traced through voting records and in-thread conversations, I am forced to rely on the subjective realm of psychology. The only thing that differentiates a baddie without BTSC from a civvie is the knowledge that he is a baddie, and to try to deduce how that knowledge will affect posting style. That is what I am attempting to do. Well, I guess it's not the only way, Epi is going with probability, which I admire, but I am not sold on Elohcin yet, and I like my psychological approach. I'm interested to see how I do.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Yeah, I already voted for Epignosis. It could change.
Oh I see a lot of people have already voted for people! I guess that's the outcome of changeable votes.

I seriously doubt I will vote for Epi today though. He seems legit to me.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 0)

Post by Turnip Head »

FWIW I did think Elo's response to Epi was worded oddly.
Elohcin wrote:You think I must be an old rogue - Mirror Master, Weather Wizard, or The Trickster. I understand why you don't think I have BTSC, but why do you think I am an old rogue specifically? And even if you were right, why do you want to lynch those roles? Just curious.
I think Epi was specifically saying he DOESNT think you're an Old Rogue Elo. What do you mean by the "Even if you are right" line? Sounds like you're leaving the door open for you not being an Old Rogue. Which... might be a problem if you aren't. :suspish:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

:daisy:
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 174

Post by DharmaHelper »

So how is everyone else enjoying the map :D
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

How much are we allowed to talk about the map and our current position and our previous positions?

What happens when two people are on the same square of the map?
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 70

Post by rabbit8 »

Long Con wrote:I think we should, at the very least, avoid lynching the Independent Rogues. If we somehow discover a plot that they are trying to help the baddies, then we can discuss what do do, but even them, lynching them doesn't get anyone closer to their win condition.

There seems to be very little BTSC in this game, so I doubt that there will be any cohesive effort for "The Independents" to side with the baddies. I just looked over the roles again, and it seems more like they are just six Survivor roles that don't really have any reason to care about one another at all.

And I'm glad that "S" won, because that enables us to search for ~~S~, or BTSC. There's not much of it anywhere in the secrets, but I did find two very interesting tidbits in the Independent Rogues area. Which led to some interesting information being revealed. :eek:
Blah blah blah. Yes lynching the indys is a waste of time. Why do you feel the need to point this out? Are you hoping they try to hint to help you with your kill decisions? :eye:
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Long Con wrote:How much are we allowed to talk about the map and our current position and our previous positions?

What happens when two people are on the same square of the map?
1. Not at all. Because reasons. :p One of which is:

2. Temporary BTSC will happen. Typical Mafia rules will apply to Square BTSC as well. No role claiming is allowed, though you can certainly talk about what you've seen along your travels and your suspicions.
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

rabbit8 wrote:
Long Con wrote:I think we should, at the very least, avoid lynching the Independent Rogues. If we somehow discover a plot that they are trying to help the baddies, then we can discuss what do do, but even them, lynching them doesn't get anyone closer to their win condition.

There seems to be very little BTSC in this game, so I doubt that there will be any cohesive effort for "The Independents" to side with the baddies. I just looked over the roles again, and it seems more like they are just six Survivor roles that don't really have any reason to care about one another at all.

And I'm glad that "S" won, because that enables us to search for ~~S~, or BTSC. There's not much of it anywhere in the secrets, but I did find two very interesting tidbits in the Independent Rogues area. Which led to some interesting information being revealed. :eek:
Blah blah blah. Yes lynching the indys is a waste of time. Why do you feel the need to point this out? Are you hoping they try to hint to help you with your kill decisions? :eye:
Why don't you vote for me instead of sticking that crusty eyeball of yours in my face, if that's what you really think? :workit:
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 70

Post by rabbit8 »

:eye: :eye:

For now.....LC
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Mister Rearranger »

I have allowed vague statements about the map in the thread, as per a discussion. The rule is to not single out a specific square in the thread, or use landmarks to guide another person/point yourself out.
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I AM THE MAP

ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

DharmaHelper wrote:I AM THE MAP
What happens if we lynch the map?

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

thellama73 wrote:
Some quantum entanglement shit I guess.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Some quantum entanglement shit I guess.
No no no no no.

It gets wrinkled.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Since votes are changeable, I'm putting this here for future reference:

Epignosis
Metalmarsh89 (1), blindfaeth (5), S~V~S (6)
43%
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:Since votes are changeable, I'm putting this here for future reference:

Epignosis
Metalmarsh89 (1), blindfaeth (5), S~V~S (6)
43%
Making a NK List ?

ImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 17

Post by DFaraday »

I know votes are changeable, but it still doesn't sit right with me how many people have already voted. I also don't think Epi has done anything suspicious, although I don't agree with him that Elo is suspicious (she sounds perfectly normal to me).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

DFaraday wrote:I know votes are changeable, but it still doesn't sit right with me how many people have already voted. I also don't think Epi has done anything suspicious, although I don't agree with him that Elo is suspicious (she sounds perfectly normal to me).
Were there specific votes that don't sit well with you, or just the general idea of people voting early? I must say that changeable votes can be a useful advantage. Allows you to apply a bit of pressure and see how people react.
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

you guyyyys, im drunk
was with my friend and got drunk
remember my drunk rant in rm? i rememebr timemer was there, and little tiher, it was funny
anwyways, my friend came to visit and got drunk with wine and wanna read the thread but its difficult cause everything is blurry :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: }
havent drinked in months, how nice is the feel of a nice glass of w3ine when you hadnt have it in a while, right?? withe wine in the balcony. anyways, i havent drinked in ages almost felt like an old person suddenly, i friend i havent seen since january 4st my birthday came visit and we drunked a had fun. was nice to finally relax for a while, life has been so serious lately

anuuwauyyys cheers, ts community :beer: :beer: :beer:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Lol! I kept reading Sophie's post expecting to get to the part where she talks about the game, but it just kept on being about how drunk she was :D Glad you're having fun Sophie :beer: When you're inevitably hungover in the morning just drink some orange juice and share your thoughts so far with us.
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

Turnip Head wrote:Lol! I kept reading Sophie's post expecting to get to the part where she talks about the game, but it just kept on being about how drunk she was :D Glad you're having fun Sophie :beer: When you're inevitably hungover in the morning just drink some orange juice and share your thoughts so far with us.
what time is it in that part of the world?
isnt weird im writing from an obsucre (?) unknown country in the southern hemisphere, who knows what time is it iright there in the US, right? or oeurope? how many people voting form all over the world despite diferences of time cultures etc, how valuabe if that? for realz

as far as my last page read what i think is lc questions are interesting. i wanna talk about the map. i dont really get it. should we share it. hwat happens if we are in the same squares. that semmed interesting thoughts. i was wanderings the same
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sophie wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Lol! I kept reading Sophie's post expecting to get to the part where she talks about the game, but it just kept on being about how drunk she was :D Glad you're having fun Sophie :beer: When you're inevitably hungover in the morning just drink some orange juice and share your thoughts so far with us.
isnt weird im writing from an obsucre (?) unknown country in the southern hemisphere, who knows what time is it iright there in the US, right? or oeurope? how many people voting form all over the world despite diferences of time cultures etc, how valuabe if that? for realz

as far as my last page read what i think is lc questions are interesting. i wanna talk about the map. i dont really get it. should we share it. hwat happens if we are in the same squares. that semmed interesting thoughts. i was wanderings the same
I'm in California so it's only 9:15pm here :) It is pretty cool how we're all able to connect with each other from such disparate locations. It's crazy to think about!

The host answered some of LC's questions. We can't talk about where we are on the map, or use landmarks to give clues to our location. When two people end up on the same square they gain BTSC while they're together.
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

Turnip Head wrote:
Sophie wrote:

I'm in California so it's only 9:15pm here :) It is pretty cool how we're all able to connect with each other from such disparate locations. It's crazy to think about!

oh thats amazing turniphead! thanks!!!!

california""""!!!! i have a dear friend in california long beach, i was there visitting her in the early 2000s after i finished high school, i was in LA and then in vegas and i also went to san diego and---venice beach? or somehwere in where there was magic mountain, an amusment park it was great. loved it. wanna go in the future but to visit san francisco, it seems like a cool city. i have many friends in the us i love it! here in buenos qaires argentina is 1:21 am, i dont even know what im doing awake :P

The host answered some of LC's questions. We can't talk about where we are on the map, or use landmarks to give clues to our location. When two people end up on the same square they gain BTSC while they're together.
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

LOL, quoting mess.

my answer is there somewhere, i promise
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

From the revealed secret letters it looks like there might be some BTSC among a few of the independents (Magenta, Rainbow Reader), along with the New Rogue's Blacksmith which we already knew about. The "s" alone is not much help in decoding the New Rogue or Arch-villain secrets so far, but one more good letter and we should be able to crack a good chunk of em.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Spacedaisy »

Lol, I love drunk mafia, it makes things all kinds of enjoyable. And I am glad you are having fun too Sophie, sounds like you needed a lighthearted evening. :)

It has been said by Splints that she thinks llama would not act so crazy if he had BTSC, but let's be real, this is llama and he does whatever the heck he wants. He is cautious because he wants to be or crazy because he wants to be. I doubt his weird behavior is a tell of him not having good BTSC. I don't understand his obsess with the monkey, nor do I care tbqh. I gave up trying to figure out why he or Epi act weird and over the top, they just are sometimes. And other times, like in Death Note, he plays it very close to the vest. :shrug: I have no read on him currently.

Epi and Elo. I am not inclined to vote either today, at least at the moment. I like to vote for Elo because I find her suspect, not simply based on Epi's declaration.

Rabbit, as far LC's comment, I have read most of his actions so far as being those of an Indy. But that doesn't mean he actually is an Indy, he could just as easily be a civ or a baddie trying to seem as non-threatening to the other alignment as possible. Which didn't work well for the yotsuba, so I doubt it will here either. But that is just my opinion so far.

Here is what I find odd. BF did some early baddie hunting, but he seemed to switch gears very abruptly and go silly for a while when some people defended against what he said and a couple others seemed to disagree with him. It felt really weird to me, but frankly I'm not sure what to make of it and I'm not all together sure my view of him isn't colored by my interaction with him so quickly into the game. Plus I feel like I just don't have any good experience reading him.

Epi, aside from Elo do you have any suspicions?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Bullzeye wrote: Did you see the part in btsc where I said I always play my baddie game because it's the only game I know? Did you see the part in this game where I've been helpful and nice and given everyone the benefit of the doubt? All I've said this entire game amounts to "sometimes a joke is just a joke". What do you mean looking for people who know they are bad? Everyone knows their role. Everyone knows if they're good or bad as far as I can tell.
I was trying to go to sleep, but this post kept gnawing away at my brain until I finally realized why. Why does Bullz word his response in this way? Why does he say "I always play my baddie game"? Why not "I always play my civvie game" or "My baddie game and my civvie game look just alike"?

If he always plays his baddie game, that means he is playing it now. Why would anyone admit to playing their baddie game? Keeping my psychologist hat on for a moment, I think Bullz is being betrayed by his subconscious. Maybe even, on some deep level, he wants to get caught.

I'm going to go ahead and place my vote on him for now.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Spacedaisy wrote:Epi and Elo. I am not inclined to vote either today, at least at the moment. I like to vote for Elo because I find her suspect, not simply based on Epi's declaration.
I don't know that I make much of Epi's abrupt conclusion either Daisy, but I still find myself puzzling over Elo's words here. She says she's confused because the roles don't make the win conditions clear, but that's only true for the Arch-villains and the Detectives, though the New Rogues are also ambiguously worded as well since it doesn't say which opposing factions they need dead. But the Old Rogue and Independent win conditions are stated quite clearly. And then right after that she misspeaks by implying that being an Old Rogue was a bad thing, but then maybe that's just how she read Epi's post about her. So idk what I think exactly, I feel pretty strangely about it and want to hear more from her :shrug2:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

thellama73 wrote:
If he always plays his baddie game, that means he is playing it now. Why would anyone admit to playing their baddie game? Keeping my psychologist hat on for a moment, I think Bullz is being betrayed by his subconscious. Maybe even, on some deep level, he wants to get caught.
He could just be speaking candidly. I know a few other players like to say that they "always play their baddie game". I've seen Epi say that, MP too. It usually doesn't do them any favors when they say it, either :P

Return to “Previous Jobs”