The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 12)

Moderator: Community Team

Can Someone Finally Die?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Bass 2.0
No votes
Black Rock
No votes
DFaraday
20%
FZ.
33%
Long Con
No votes
MetalMarsh89
No votes
Sophie
No votes
Devin the Omniscient
No votes
I...Iiii...I'm Still Alive (Host, Mod, Nons)
47%

Total votes: 15
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 8

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 1)

Post by ika »

Im not goign to read anything and act like i know what im doing here for day 1

however if someone wants to talk im game
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

ika wrote:Im not goign to read anything and act like i know what im doing here for day 1

Hey ika. Does anybody stand out to you as not trying to stand out?
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by ika »

Turnip Head wrote:
ika wrote:Im not goign to read anything and act like i know what im doing here for day 1

im gonna bold the relevant stuff and then randomly chosse R~V~S cus thats the name that i saw when reading the votes
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 220
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

ika wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

im gonna bold the relevant stuff and then randomly chosse R~V~S cus thats the name that i saw when reading the votes
Interesting. I have no further questions at this time.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 245

Post by S~V~S »

I be confused. Is ika saying he thinks I am trying not to stand out, or that he's voting for me? If you are voting for me, ika, you need to do it in the poll or it doesn't count.

Maybe after coffee/shower I will have a working brain.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Bullzeye »

thellama73 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: Did you see the part in btsc where I said I always play my baddie game because it's the only game I know? Did you see the part in this game where I've been helpful and nice and given everyone the benefit of the doubt? All I've said this entire game amounts to "sometimes a joke is just a joke". What do you mean looking for people who know they are bad? Everyone knows their role. Everyone knows if they're good or bad as far as I can tell.
I was trying to go to sleep, but this post kept gnawing away at my brain until I finally realized why. Why does Bullz word his response in this way? Why does he say "I always play my baddie game"? Why not "I always play my civvie game" or "My baddie game and my civvie game look just alike"?

If he always plays his baddie game, that means he is playing it now. Why would anyone admit to playing their baddie game? Keeping my psychologist hat on for a moment, I think Bullz is being betrayed by his subconscious. Maybe even, on some deep level, he wants to get caught.

I'm going to go ahead and place my vote on him for now.
First off, quit the dumb armchair pseudopsychology. Betrayed by my subconscious? Great work Freud, maybe it's all my dad's fault or perhaps I'm just terrified of women because my mum once shouted at me when I was a kid. Or maybe what I meant is that in my first five or six games I was either bad, indy, or recruited, and that I've been bad way more than good. I've also never made a secret of the fact I prefer being a baddie and love getting recruited. All those things influence the way I play, I learned to play as a baddie and by the time I got my first permanently civ role I'd already figured out how I like to play. Why would such a person 'want' to get caught? Why would anyone for that matter? I want to win. You don't win by dying. As for why I phrased it that way, I don't care what people think of the things I say. When I'm bad I spend time carefully thinking over my posts, but as a civ I know I'm good and it doesn't bother me so much. My posts are streams of consciousness, I just type words as they come to me. Whether or not I edit them to make me look good depends on how concerned I am with 'looking' good.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Bullzeye wrote: perhaps I'm just terrified of women because my mum once shouted at me when I was a kid.
Boo!!!!

:ninja:
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 136

Post by thellama73 »

Bullzeye wrote:Why would such a person 'want' to get caught? Why would anyone for that matter? I want to win. You don't win by dying.
Why does a criminal return to the scene of the crime? Why do serial killers intentionally leave clues to their identities? For most, the urge to do evil is accompanied by either a sense of guilt that drives one to subconsciously seek correction, or else a desire for recognition of one's evil deeds. The latter is why kids post videos of themselves committing crimes on youtube. The conscious desire to avoid detection exists, but it is at war with the subconscious desire to be recognized for one's achievements, heinous though they may be.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

thellama73 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Why would such a person 'want' to get caught? Why would anyone for that matter? I want to win. You don't win by dying.
Why does a criminal return to the scene of the crime? Why do serial killers intentionally leave clues to their identities? For most, the urge to do evil is accompanied by either a sense of guilt that drives one to subconsciously seek correction, or else a desire for recognition of one's evil deeds. The latter is why kids post videos of themselves committing crimes on youtube. The conscious desire to avoid detection exists, but it is at war with the subconscious desire to be recognized for one's achievements, heinous though they may be.
Umm....

You know this is a game, right?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

iirc Llama doesn't even believe in psychology.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

S~V~S wrote:iirc Llama doesn't even believe in psychology.
Really? I guess my degree, Masters, and potential PhD don't actually exist then. I don't know what I'm so stressed about! :shrug:
rabbit8
Undergoing sensitivity training
Posts in topic: 70

Post by rabbit8 »

Bullzeye wrote:
Really? I guess my degree, Masters, and potential PhD don't actually exist then. I don't know what I'm so stressed about! :shrug:

You're not stressed. You don't exist. :ninja:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Elohcin, do you think Epig is reading you correctly, regarding your game-involvement relating to your BTSC possibilities?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 13

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Sorry I haven't been around everyone! Working 6 days this week does not make me very conducive to lots of time for mafia. I have this morning free at least so I'm going to try catching up now. Might have to vote today too unfortunately, because I probably won't be able to post again until the lynch poll closes.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: Did you see the part in btsc where I said I always play my baddie game because it's the only game I know? Did you see the part in this game where I've been helpful and nice and given everyone the benefit of the doubt? All I've said this entire game amounts to "sometimes a joke is just a joke". What do you mean looking for people who know they are bad? Everyone knows their role. Everyone knows if they're good or bad as far as I can tell.
I was trying to go to sleep, but this post kept gnawing away at my brain until I finally realized why. Why does Bullz word his response in this way? Why does he say "I always play my baddie game"? Why not "I always play my civvie game" or "My baddie game and my civvie game look just alike"?

If he always plays his baddie game, that means he is playing it now. Why would anyone admit to playing their baddie game? Keeping my psychologist hat on for a moment, I think Bullz is being betrayed by his subconscious. Maybe even, on some deep level, he wants to get caught.

I'm going to go ahead and place my vote on him for now.
If I recall, Epignosis said something almost exactly the same in a recent game. Something like Epignosis originally learned how to play as a baddie, so he always plays like a baddie.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 17

Post by DFaraday »

Turnip Head wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I know votes are changeable, but it still doesn't sit right with me how many people have already voted. I also don't think Epi has done anything suspicious, although I don't agree with him that Elo is suspicious (she sounds perfectly normal to me).
Were there specific votes that don't sit well with you, or just the general idea of people voting early? I must say that changeable votes can be a useful advantage. Allows you to apply a bit of pressure and see how people react.
Part of it is how confident some of the voters seem, which suggests that they don't plan on changing their votes. I'm also a bit wary of the fact that Epi has taken 3 votes already. They may be changeable, but it still seems awfully early for the votes to start piling on to someone.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DFaraday wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I know votes are changeable, but it still doesn't sit right with me how many people have already voted. I also don't think Epi has done anything suspicious, although I don't agree with him that Elo is suspicious (she sounds perfectly normal to me).
Were there specific votes that don't sit well with you, or just the general idea of people voting early? I must say that changeable votes can be a useful advantage. Allows you to apply a bit of pressure and see how people react.
Part of it is how confident some of the voters seem, which suggests that they don't plan on changing their votes. I'm also a bit wary of the fact that Epi has taken 3 votes already. They may be changeable, but it still seems awfully early for the votes to start piling on to someone.
Have you read the reasons for the vote, or Epignosis's posts? That should put your mind at ease.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 17

Post by DFaraday »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Have you read the reasons for the vote, or Epignosis's posts? That should put your mind at ease.
I have, and I don't really buy into Epi's reasoning for voting Elo. I'll feel better about the people who voted Epi if they consider other people throughout the day.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am sure that at some point he will say it's a ploy to see who jumped on his vote/suspicion or something like that yadda yadda yadda.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 0)

Epignosis wrote:
Roxy wrote:Epi - I do not believe that on Day 0 with one word and one letter you can say with any degree of certainty that Elo is not an Old Rogue -wife or no.
MM is right you are distracting from yourself with Elo and shame on you ! :)
How am I distracting from myself when I have done nothing but bring attention my way?

Do you think Elohcin is even reading the thread?
With how far I am, I'd be inclined to say she is not reading the thread.

How you can already be making assumptions when she's said all but two words (up to the point I've read) doesn't sit right with me. I understand your logic, but I need more concrete evidence.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

DharmaHelper wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Did you want to?
I don't think he's a civvie. I don't like his whole Day 0 schtick, it got annoying very quickly. Also, I noticed he didn't berate anyone for any logical fallacies throughout the entire duration of Day 0. People were jumping to conclusions all over the place and Llama did not voice any opposition to it.
To be fair, he spent most of his Day 0 talking about monkeys and in OT banter about the game's theme in a joking manner. Like most people did.

Which logical fallacies are you referring to?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DFaraday wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
I have, and I don't really buy into Epi's reasoning for voting Elo. I'll feel better about the people who voted Epi if they consider other people throughout the day.
I would be willing to vote Bullzeye. While llama might be reaching with his reasoning, Bullzeye made a comment on Day 0 after Epignosis drew some heat that looked like he wanted to sweep it all under the rug.
Bullzeye wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Which jokes are you referring to?

Monkey Boys jokes? Epi searching for a sidekick? Or other?
A bit of both really. I always see day 0 as a doss, good for a laugh but not much else. I know I'm far from alone in that opinion. So it surprises me that so much seems to be being made out of so little.
SVS brought up the specific topics, and Bullzeye classified it all as "jokes", and that Day 0 is good for a laugh. And in the very last game, Bullzeye's baddie partner was (unjustly) framed and later lynched based on things that happened Day 0.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Epignosis »

Sophie wrote:you guyyyys, im drunk
was with my friend and got drunk
remember my drunk rant in rm? i rememebr timemer was there, and little tiher, it was funny
anwyways, my friend came to visit and got drunk with wine and wanna read the thread but its difficult cause everything is blurry :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: }
havent drinked in months, how nice is the feel of a nice glass of w3ine when you hadnt have it in a while, right?? withe wine in the balcony. anyways, i havent drinked in ages almost felt like an old person suddenly, i friend i havent seen since january 4st my birthday came visit and we drunked a had fun. was nice to finally relax for a while, life has been so serious lately

anuuwauyyys cheers, ts community :beer: :beer: :beer:
You should be ashamed of yourself. :disappoint:
Turnip Head wrote:He could just be speaking candidly. I know a few other players like to say that they "always play their baddie game". I've seen Epi say that, MP too. It usually doesn't do them any favors when they say it, either :P
I don't believe I have ever said such a thing.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:If I recall, Epignosis said something almost exactly the same in a recent game. Something like Epignosis originally learned how to play as a baddie, so he always plays like a baddie.
That's close to what I've said, but not quite it. What I noted was that my first five online games in a row, I was Mafia. When I finally became a civilian, I found myself lying, scheming and manipulating people. Since I made that realization long ago, I have made a conscious effort to do something different (sometimes outrageously different) regardless of alignment to keep things fresh. In Dr. Who, I tried to be as stereotypically Mafia as I could be. It worked out for me, and I thought it was really amusing.

I would never have said I always "play my baddie game" because I do not have a "baddie game."
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DH, how do you feel about llama now?

Linki: I stand corrected.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 116

Post by Epignosis »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Roxy wrote:Epi - I do not believe that on Day 0 with one word and one letter you can say with any degree of certainty that Elo is not an Old Rogue -wife or no.
How am I distracting from myself when I have done nothing but bring attention my way?

How you can already be making assumptions when she's said all but two words (up to the point I've read) doesn't sit right with me. I understand your logic, but I need more concrete evidence.
I made a single assumption that was predicated on more than two words. If my assumption is correct, then Elohcin is highly unlikely to be an Old Rogue. If my assumption is wrong, then I will be surprised.

What sort of concrete evidence do you expect to find to back up your vote on Day 1?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ika, what do you think about Epignosis? What do you think about Bullzeye?

Hi.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Long Con wrote:So llama is deliberately trying to act in such a way that is like a previous Civ game? Is that supposed to make us think he's Civ in this one? Kind of heavy handed.
My thoughts exactly.

I'm currently mulling over either an Epignosis or llama vote. I still think Epig is making a stretch is making assumptions about his wife this early on. And it wouldn't surprise me if llama acting this way in X-men when he was a civ is making him decided to act in a similar manner early on because of is previous role in a previous game. Seems like the kind of trick he'd try to pull on us.
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 30

Post by AceofSpaces »

Hello everyone! I wanted to come in and post yesterday but I got distracted by Bloodborne. Damn that game is fun.

My thoughts as they stand:

1. I'm not convinced that Epi is right about Elo. The pool of post he's drawn his conclusion from is too small. I'd need more time and more from Elo to make up my mind. That being said, I don't think Epi is bad.

2. I'm inclined to agree with DH on llama. If I didn't already have a strong suspect for today, I might have voted for him.

3. I think S~V~S is a baddie. Here's one reason.
S~V~S wrote:I am sure that at some point he will say it's a ploy to see who jumped on his vote/suspicion or something like that yadda yadda yadda.
Like...you did?

That is a quote she made about Epi and his suspicion of Elo, in case anyone needed context. I think this post was made as a way for S~V~S to get ahead of things in case Epi does go that route. She intentionally downplays the possibility, because she's only just now realizing how seriously bad it would make her look if that is what Epi did come out and say. This combined with the, as Epi put it, 'loaded questions' and misrepresentation she's put on Epi's post makes me think she is a baddie.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Metalmarsh89 wrote: I would be willing to vote Bullzeye. While llama might be reaching with his reasoning, Bullzeye made a comment on Day 0 after Epignosis drew some heat that looked like he wanted to sweep it all under the rug.
SVS brought up the specific topics, and Bullzeye classified it all as "jokes", and that Day 0 is good for a laugh. And in the very last game, Bullzeye's baddie partner was (unjustly) framed and later lynched based on things that happened Day 0.
Did I specifically mention Epi at any point? Did I tell people not to look at him? No, and in fact I might even vote him myself based on more recent discussions based on things that aren't blatantly just fooling around. You're kinda misrepresenting the Zomba situation, it didn't even start until day one. Nobody had items on day zero. Nothing of significance happened on HSK's day zero.

Besides, do the baddies even have btsc? It doesn't look as though they do since one of them is searching for the others. So why would I defend Epi? And why would I do it in such a weak way? BF was the only person who really associated my comments with Epi, even I hadn't until he felt he had to defend himself.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Epignosis wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I made a single assumption that was predicated on more than two words. If my assumption is correct, then Elohcin is highly unlikely to be an Old Rogue. If my assumption is wrong, then I will be surprised.

What sort of concrete evidence do you expect to find to back up your vote on Day 1?
Because while you feel you may have a good read on her, I feel like I need more in-thread evidence to justify a vote for her than just your reasoning behind why she could be bad.

Not much on Day 1. Not like we have a lot to go on at this point. And I have even less since I probably have to vote in about 2 hours. :sigh:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

No, no, it's psychiatry I don't believe in.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Aces, I actually had the same thoughts SVS did, but Epignosis did not react that way. Instead, he pursued Elohcin.

Linki@ Bullzeye: No you didn't mention Epignosis, Bullzeye, and that is why I find it suspicious. Rather then comment on the specific events of Day 0, you threw it all under one umbrella. Maybe you meant it but maybe you didn't. But in Harry Stephen Keeler Mafia, blindfaeth opened up to the rest of the thread about the will on Day 0, and that was certainly significant.

I guess you are right about the baddies, but one scenario I am thinking about myself is that you are the player who searches for other players. If that is the case, you certainly would want to protect Epignosis so that you could gain BTSC with him tonight if you think he is a baddie based on his Day 0 comments.

And what changed your mind about Epignosis? Why was it all jokes on Day 0, but suddenly an appealing case?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:I am sure that at some point he will say it's a ploy to see who jumped on his vote/suspicion or something like that yadda yadda yadda.
That's the Llama Gambit. I own it.

blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 119

Post by blindfaeth »

Bullzeye wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: I would be willing to vote Bullzeye. While llama might be reaching with his reasoning, Bullzeye made a comment on Day 0 after Epignosis drew some heat that looked like he wanted to sweep it all under the rug.
Did I specifically mention Epi at any point? Did I tell people not to look at him? No, and in fact I might even vote him myself based on more recent discussions based on things that aren't blatantly just fooling around. You're kinda misrepresenting the Zomba situation, it didn't even start until day one. Nobody had items on day zero. Nothing of significance happened on HSK's day zero.

Besides, do the baddies even have btsc? It doesn't look as though they do since one of them is searching for the others. So why would I defend Epi? And why would I do it in such a weak way? BF was the only person who really associated my comments with Epi, even I hadn't until he felt he had to defend himself.
No, no, friend. I didn't defend myself, you defended yourself. :haha:
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

I am feeling really good about MM. We are seeing eye to eye this game.

I suspect epi and Bullzeye. I haven't forgotten my ping on made. Who seems to have disappeared.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

blindfaeth wrote:I am feeling really good about MM. We are seeing eye to eye this game.

I suspect epi and Bullzeye. I haven't forgotten my ping on made. Who seems to have disappeared.
And I'll be sniffing your ass all game if you know what I mean. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Also @svs, I think I know why ikr voted for you lol. I'm playing mafia on this new site, they call day one early votes the RVS or random voting stage. Ika typed your name as rvs. Just thought I'd point it out, since I noticed
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:I am feeling really good about MM. We are seeing eye to eye this game.

And I'll be sniffing your ass all game if you know what I mean. :P
Hey now, let's not make boogs jealous :P
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

blindfaeth wrote:Also @svs, I think I know why ikr voted for you lol. I'm playing mafia on this new site, they call day one early votes the RVS or random voting stage. Ika typed your name as rvs. Just thought I'd point it out, since I noticed
Ooooooh, now I understand. At least MP isn't playing, because I know how he feels about random votes, and god-forbid, the dreaded self-vote.

Linki: I miss Boogs. :( *meow*

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Metalmarsh89 wrote: Linki@ Bullzeye: No you didn't mention Epignosis, Bullzeye, and that is why I find it suspicious. Rather then comment on the specific events of Day 0, you threw it all under one umbrella. Maybe you meant it but maybe you didn't. But in Harry Stephen Keeler Mafia, blindfaeth opened up to the rest of the thread about the will on Day 0, and that was certainly significant.
Incorrect. BF didn't have the will until day 1. On day 0 we all chose our items and received them at the end. So it is wrong to say that Zomb's death had anything to do with events on day 0.

[quote="Metalmarsh89]I guess you are right about the baddies, but one scenario I am thinking about myself is that you are the player who searches for other players. If that is the case, you certainly would want to protect Epignosis so that you could gain BTSC with him tonight if you think he is a baddie based on his Day 0 comments.[/quote]

If I genuinely thought he was bad and didn't have anyone else to check. To be honest, if I was that role I'd just go with the flow and hope for the best because I wouldn't want to draw heat for vigorously defending someone who wasn't even one of my team, or defend them and have it fail.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:And what changed your mind about Epignosis? Why was it all jokes on Day 0, but suddenly an appealing case?
Day 0 was the sidekick thing, clearly he wasn't actually looking to recruit the next Robin, I found it funny that some people seemed oblivious to the fact it was a joke. Just like people seemed oblivious to the fact Llama was screwing around and isn't actually as dumb as he was acting. This whole thing he's doing with Elo reminds me of LMS. I don't believe he has any real reason to suspect her and is in fact just trying to push a lynch for no reason. It doesn't mean I'll definitely vote for him, but I'm not taking him seriously and don't think his intentions are all that good.

Linki BF - when did I defend myself? You're the one who got upset by a throwaway comment I made and decided to NO U when there wasn't even a U to NO.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:Also @svs, I think I know why ikr voted for you lol. I'm playing mafia on this new site, they call day one early votes the RVS or random voting stage. Ika typed your name as rvs. Just thought I'd point it out, since I noticed
Ooooooh, now I understand. At least MP isn't playing, because I know how he feels about random votes, and god-forbid, the dreaded self-vote.

MM, what do you think of ika stating they didn't read the thread?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I somehow managed to balls up the quote tags there. There is a reply inside that somewhere...
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

I didn't need to defend, I was on the attack. You're being nonsensical. How did I do a no u? I pointed out something suspicious you did and suspected you for it. The very definition of a no u is that you suspected me first.

Also, I think the sidekick comment was a very clever way of trying to accomplish what I've asserted previously that fits in with the theme and appears silly enough for day 0. While still accomplishing said goal and doing it sneakily. Epig has asserted he wouldn't be careless, but I don't think it would be obvious except that I pointed it out.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bullzeye wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: Linki@ Bullzeye: No you didn't mention Epignosis, Bullzeye, and that is why I find it suspicious. Rather then comment on the specific events of Day 0, you threw it all under one umbrella. Maybe you meant it but maybe you didn't. But in Harry Stephen Keeler Mafia, blindfaeth opened up to the rest of the thread about the will on Day 0, and that was certainly significant.
Incorrect. BF didn't have the will until day 1. On day 0 we all chose our items and received them at the end. So it is wrong to say that Zomb's death had anything to do with events on day 0.
We received our items as we voted for them.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 41#p127241
Bullzeye wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I guess you are right about the baddies, but one scenario I am thinking about myself is that you are the player who searches for other players. If that is the case, you certainly would want to protect Epignosis so that you could gain BTSC with him tonight if you think he is a baddie based on his Day 0 comments.
If I genuinely thought he was bad and didn't have anyone else to check. To be honest, if I was that role I'd just go with the flow and hope for the best because I wouldn't want to draw heat for vigorously defending someone who wasn't even one of my team, or defend them and have it fail.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:And what changed your mind about Epignosis? Why was it all jokes on Day 0, but suddenly an appealing case?
Day 0 was the sidekick thing, clearly he wasn't actually looking to recruit the next Robin, I found it funny that some people seemed oblivious to the fact it was a joke. Just like people seemed oblivious to the fact Llama was screwing around and isn't actually as dumb as he was acting. This whole thing he's doing with Elo reminds me of LMS. I don't believe he has any real reason to suspect her and is in fact just trying to push a lynch for no reason. It doesn't mean I'll definitely vote for him, but I'm not taking him seriously and don't think his intentions are all that good.

Linki BF - when did I defend myself? You're the one who got upset by a throwaway comment I made and decided to NO U when there wasn't even a U to NO.
I agree with you about Elohcin. I don't agree with you about the Sidekick bit. If Epignosis is a New Rogue, then that post is likely not just a joke.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

blindfaeth wrote:I didn't need to defend, I was on the attack. You're being nonsensical. How did I do a no u? I pointed out something suspicious you did and suspected you for it. The very definition of a no u is that you suspected me first.
I said people are taking jokes too seriously. You seemingly saw that as "BF is a baddie because he's questioning Epi" and then said "Oh, are you and Epi teammates again then?". That to me looks like a pre-emptive NO U just in case I decided to build a case against you later on. Which I still don't plan on doing, just in case you're worried.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

MM - I'm pretty sure I didn't get my key until quite a while after I'd voted for it. IIRC day zero was really quick and Llama moved us on but didn't have time to properly set up day 1 or something.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Bullzeye wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:I didn't need to defend, I was on the attack. You're being nonsensical. How did I do a no u? I pointed out something suspicious you did and suspected you for it. The very definition of a no u is that you suspected me first.
I said people are taking jokes too seriously. You seemingly saw that as "BF is a baddie because he's questioning Epi" and then said "Oh, are you and Epi teammates again then?". That to me looks like a pre-emptive NO U just in case I decided to build a case against you later on. Which I still don't plan on doing, just in case you're worried.
No. I saw it as "Bullzeye is a baddie subtly downplaying my assertion and protecting epi"
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 30

Post by AceofSpaces »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Aces, I actually had the same thoughts SVS did, but Epignosis did not react that way. Instead, he pursued Elohcin.
It's not so much that she had the thought, it is the language she used to express the thought.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

blindfaeth wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

MM, what do you think of ika stating they didn't read the thread?
I'm trying to justify it somehow, but am having a hard time doing it.

Ika said Day 0 that we couldn't do anything until Day 1, then said he/she wasn't going to do anything once Day 1 rolled around, unless asked.

So I asked him/her a couple questions.

Another question ika, do you identify as male or female?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

blindfaeth wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
No. I saw it as "Bullzeye is a baddie subtly downplaying my assertion and protecting epi"
Very subtle. I didn't mention either of you by name and was referring to other events as well. Seriously, that comment is having so much read into it it's like being in the main forums back on LP. It wasn't meant to downplay, defend, protect, squash discussion, offend, seduce, or defame. It was simply my only worthwhile thought after catching up on the events of day zero so far.

Return to “Previous Jobs”