Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

RIP MP, wow wtf happened? sorry to see you go, especially since youre civ :(
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 126

Re: MINECRAFT - DAY ONE

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:Rip mp, I really can't believe you turned up civ. I made an error in voting for you, sorry.

I was also going to point out that in addition to the zombie having a lynch switch, the diamond sword does as well, so it might not have been a save or set up at all, but maybe the sword did it. Then again, the sword also has a lynch stop, I think on a day one that's more likely to be used.
True. What motive would the sword have to switch the lynch anyway? The civs have no BTSC.
You talk as if you are not one of us Image

Well, if the civ who has that role is very sure that the person being lynched is not bad, and that someone else IS bad, they may switch a lynch. In this case, they would have been wrong about MP. I am more inclined to think it was not the sword , though~ it feels more like baddie shenanigans to me.

Civs with a switch use it all the time, even without BTS, though. Not sure why that matters.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 29

Post by indiglo »

Flyin' High wrote:RIP MP. :rip: :hug:

Stinks that we lost a civvie, but I think there is plenty to glean from the way this lynch played out. :srsnod:

What is it that you've gleaned from the way the lynch played out? Since you mention there's plenty, and all. :)
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

thellama73 wrote:
blindfaeth wrote:Rip mp, I really can't believe you turned up civ. I made an error in voting for you, sorry.

I was also going to point out that in addition to the zombie having a lynch switch, the diamond sword does as well, so it might not have been a save or set up at all, but maybe the sword did it. Then again, the sword also has a lynch stop, I think on a day one that's more likely to be used.
True. What motive would the sword have to switch the lynch anyway? The civs have no BTSC.

Well, there are plenty of secrets among the roles... so I'd say just about anything could be possible... don't you think?
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

But even without BTSC, any civ might have reason to switch a lynch, although I find it less likely on Day One. That remark, "the civs have no BTSC", just really strikes me in so many ways.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 217

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:But even without BTSC, any civ might have reason to switch a lynch, although I find it less likely on Day One. That remark, "the civs have no BTSC", just really strikes me in so many ways.
You've made up your mind about me, so I don't see much point in trying to convince you otherwise. Let's hope the others have better judgment. :D
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:But even without BTSC, any civ might have reason to switch a lynch, although I find it less likely on Day One. That remark, "the civs have no BTSC", just really strikes me in so many ways.
You've made up your mind about me, so I don't see much point in trying to convince you otherwise. Let's hope the others have better judgment. :D
You should try, you might change my mind.

Giving up seems, well, baddie to me.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
You should try, you might change my mind.

Giving up seems, well, baddie to me.
Everything I've done seems baddie to you. You are either wrong or a baddie who really wants me lynched for some reason.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Very true, it has. And here is why.

You ridiculed or otherwise tried to make those engaging in discussion look bad. This really struck me. I mentioned it right away, and you did not reply to it, although you were in the thread, and made several posts, until i had to bring it up a second time. When you finally did address it, you were dismissive of it. As you kind of still are. This is contrary to your actions in MacG. When someone mentioned you, or spoke to you, you were right on it.

This also struck me.

Then saying, "well, you just think i am bad, so I won't bother to reply" seems to me like you are trying to imply I am being unreasonable, and that my suspicions need no response. Reasonable people will ignore them. Basically blowing me off. I am always willing to back off and admit it when i am mistaken, and humble myself when i have made a mistake, but you are not giving me anything to work with in that direction, tbh.
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 86

Post by Boogs »

It hasn't been updated to night 1 on an off topic I noticed reading all the updates
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, I know the host has been busy with some stuff, so i am sure she will get to it when she has a chance :)
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 67

Post by blindfaeth »

thellama73 wrote:

Well for one if the person being lynched was the sword, or had secret BTSC with the person being lynched, but again, I think it's more likely they'd use the stop on day 1 if their hand was forced. You never know though.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

blindfaeth wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Well for one if the person being lynched was the sword, or had secret BTSC with the person being lynched, but again, I think it's more likely they'd use the stop on day 1 if their hand was forced. You never know though.
I didn't think about the person being lynched being the sword. Excellent point.

@SVS: it's okay. I still like you anyway.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

There you go again. Dismissing it like it isn't serious.

I like you too~ I thought you were awesome in MacG but I am as srs as a heart attack about how I feel about you in this game, and I am tenacious, lol. I really am.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:I am tenacious, lol. I really am.
Yes, I've noticed. :haha:

Boogs
Drug Dealer

Re: MINECRAFT - NIGHT ONE

Post by Boogs »

Random thought: It is very possible the Sword switched the lynch if they strongly believed Epi was good and the player had something against MP, but other thing i thought of: Maybe there was some poll benefit for some people who chose something or the person who had the inside info and some votes were counted more or some other ability? Just a thought
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
So still no serious response?

Gotcha ;)
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Meaning maybe no switch was used at all but the inside info player had more effect on the poll. Just pondering a possibility :ponder:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Gotcha ;)
I'm an experimental player. Today's experiment is to refuse to give you a serious response. Let's see how it works out!

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@ Kate~ Do either of the Lynch switches require a vote be cast for the person to whom the lynch is switched?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

Gotcha ;)
I'm an experimental player. Today's experiment is to refuse to give you a serious response. Let's see how it works out!
It will most likely work out hurting my feelings, but whatevs. Intentionally trying to make me feel foolish is a time tested way of upsetting me and making me and my suspicions look stupid. Wonder where you heard about that?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

For those who doubt my experimental player credentials, here's a quick story: One of my favorite games I often play is called Bang! (the best Italian Cowboy card game there is). Bang! Contains secret roles very much like Mafia, with some players being deputies trying to kill outlaws, and some being outlaws trying to kill the sheriff as well as an indy or two. Well, at the beginning of one game I pointedly refused to look at my role card and elected to play the game blind. Everyone else was extremely indignant at this and, not knowing quite how to react, immediately teamed up to kill me off. It was hilarious. People fear the unknown, it seems. Incidentally, I HAVE read my assigned role for this game.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Awesome story, it sounds like a lot of fun :)

It does not, however, effect my feelings about your role in this game, and your refusal to address direct suspicions.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 69

Post by reywaS »

Snow Dog wrote:Going to bed now but I wasn't really here at the end i was watching The Dark Night. Amazed I wasn't lynched but glad I'm not.

Never thought MP or Epignosis were bad but hard to tell. Not convinced Llama is bad either. Had to decide between voting He Man and reywaS and chose the latter.
Yeah, about that vote....

Since all you did in your vote post was vote for me and not offer any reason for it....and the fact that you never mentioned that you thought I was suspicious during this day....leads me to believe that your vote for me was nothing more than a big No U.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you are bad here.
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 68
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

S~V~S wrote:@ Kate~ Do either of the Lynch switches require a vote be cast for the person to whom the lynch is switched?
It wore off... :shrug:
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

LOL poor Alex! He finally gets a game with a civvie role and gets lynched on Day 1.

Seriously though, RIP Alex/MP! That's terrible that you went in such a way.

I have to say, after reading through everything tonight, I'm still completely unsure about Snow Dog. But I do know that I want to re-read on several people tomorrow afternoon. I work early tomorrow so it'll have to wait until tomorrow evening probably for me to say anything. But needless to say I have others who I am now more suspicious of than SD.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Wow. RIP, MP.

Boogs, I think your remark about vote manipulation was astute, but to me a lynch switch seems much more likely because MP only had 2 votes and being able to manipulate votes that much seems unlikely to me.

Regarding switches, if it was a baddie switch to save Epi it was probably a poor idea, since it seems likely to lead to a relynch tomorrow. I think a frame is slightly more likely. A civ switch by diamond sword seems nearly impossible to me. Unless there's unmentioned civ BTSC going on, no one else would have used that power to save Epi because they couldn't have known whether he was civ. That would mean Epi himself was Diamond Sword and switched the lynch to MP instead of the person he voted for, llama, and instead of stopping the lynch, which would seem smarter for an experienced player like him.

So in short, I think the baddies definitely caused this, though whether it's because Epi is one of them or to frame him I'm personally not sure yet
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Oh and I wanted to ask Snow Dog, why such a late vote for rey? If what he posted is correct you hadn't mentioned him before. Furthermore, it was pretty clearly a throwaway. Did you feel strongly that the top 2 candidates, Epi and llama, were civ, did something rey said make you absolutely certain he was bad, or were you just reluctant to possibly be the deciding vote in the lynch?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 58

Post by Zany Dex »

Epignosis wrote:He-Man coming after me and not thellama73 smells fishy to me. I was set to vote him, but I'm so uneasy about it. It was almost like he wanted me to vote for him.
Russtifinko wrote:Ugh, so much going on....

*Voting llama* because his vote for DP without responding to my concern about his train of thought pinged me like crazy. I think a number of the other suspicions going around have merit, but for now that was what got me the most.
That bothered me as well. I listed people, yes, but I said I wanted to hear what they had to say. I wanted to spur conversation (and we got that in spades, I think- good grief!).

I'm going to go with you on this, Russ, and vote for thellama73.
I wanted you to vote me? Seriously??

Show dogs reasoning for voting either myself or reywas seems strange for me tbh very non commiting

RIP MP I can't trust you though not ATM like you have said you've done a lot of lying lately you need to earn our trust again :lol:

Anyone got the vote order please?
a stopped clock is right twice a day
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Snow Dog »

reywaS wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Going to bed now but I wasn't really here at the end i was watching The Dark Night. Amazed I wasn't lynched but glad I'm not.

Never thought MP or Epignosis were bad but hard to tell. Not convinced Llama is bad either. Had to decide between voting He Man and reywaS and chose the latter.
Yeah, about that vote....

Since all you did in your vote post was vote for me and not offer any reason for it....and the fact that you never mentioned that you thought I was suspicious during this day....leads me to believe that your vote for me was nothing more than a big No U.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you are bad here.
Yeah well, no surprise there.
Russtifinko wrote:Oh and I wanted to ask Snow Dog, why such a late vote for rey? If what he posted is correct you hadn't mentioned him before. Furthermore, it was pretty clearly a throwaway. Did you feel strongly that the top 2 candidates, Epi and llama, were civ, did something rey said make you absolutely certain he was bad, or were you just reluctant to possibly be the deciding vote in the lynch?
I voted late to protect myself from being lynched. At one stage Epi and MP were even but ahead. I didn't want to vote either of them because I had no reason to suspect them. As I seemed safe and Epi was ahead by now I put my vote on someone I found suspicious, but also where my vote made no difference.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Snow Dog, my gut is still slightly civ on you, but things like this in the thread look really bad to me. Really, you weren't here at the end despite being the last vote? And I understand you not seeing llama or Epi as particularly bad, but it is strange to me that your top 2 candidates were both players you had had personal arguments with before. I know you were very busy with them, but none of the other discussions going on gave you any ideas whatsoever? Beware tunnel vision when things get personal.

He-Man, the vote order is on page 11, I believe. Roxy posted it. Do you have any suspicions besides Epi at the moment? I know you're convinced he's bad, and he may well be, but I'm a bit worried about tunnel vision there as well.

Linki with snowie: that's fair about your vote. I sympathize with wanting to protect yourself. Anything about rey's behavior (votes etc) ping you besides the fact that he was suspicious of you?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Russtifinko wrote:

Snow Dog, my gut is still slightly civ on you, but things like this in the thread look really bad to me. Really, you weren't here at the end despite being the last vote? And I understand you not seeing llama or Epi as particularly bad, but it is strange to me that your top 2 candidates were both players you had had personal arguments with before. I know you were very busy with them, but none of the other discussions going on gave you any ideas whatsoever? Beware tunnel vision when things get personal.

He-Man, the vote order is on page 11, I believe. Roxy posted it. Do you have any suspicions besides Epi at the moment? I know you're convinced he's bad, and he may well be, but I'm a bit worried about tunnel vision there as well.

Linki with snowie: that's fair about your vote. I sympathize with wanting to protect yourself. Anything about rey's behavior (votes etc) ping you besides the fact that he was suspicious of you?
His vehement attack on me in defence of Roxy seemed like he was likely bad to me, but He-Man even more so. His case against Epi seems to me to be a bit crazy. Comparing his playing this game to hoew he mod's another? Come on.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Oh by the way. sad to see you go MP. I always value your contributions to the discussions. A great loss. :(
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

So epig and llama have the most votes yet MP ends up getting lynched that has baddie written all over it.
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Snow Dog wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:

His vehement attack on me in defence of Roxy seemed like he was likely bad to me, but He-Man even more so. His case against Epi seems to me to be a bit crazy. Comparing his playing this game to hoew he mod's another? Come on.
Epig was the top voter for many reasons yet you failed to see any of them? I never went after him because he was playing with the idea of low posters I we t after him because with all the other stuff going on he went after low posters in day one seemed a cop out to me and one he likely thought would bring him no trouble. It stuck out as has many of his posts since.

Like why would I want epig to vote me?
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

He-Man wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:

Epig was the top voter for many reasons yet you failed to see any of them? I never went after him because he was playing with the idea of low posters I we t after him because with all the other stuff going on he went after low posters in day one seemed a cop out to me and one he likely thought would bring him no trouble. It stuck out as has many of his posts since.

He didn't go after them. He was asked what he thought so provided what he thought. I pretty much agreed with his theory. Or not theory, wager if you prefer.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Well snow dog I think you should weigh up the evidence MP dying in place ofthe top two vote getters should solidify your thoughts on the situation I know it has mine.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

He-Man wrote:Well snow dog I think you should weigh up the evidence MP dying in place ofthe top two vote getters should solidify your thoughts on the situation I know it has mine.
It is a very good point I admit. Either Epi is bad and did a switch or more likely, imo, he was switched to get him framed. So they get MP and Epi next time. I want to be careful not to fall into that potential trap.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Snow Dog wrote:
He-Man wrote:Well snow dog I think you should weigh up the evidence MP dying in place ofthe top two vote getters should solidify your thoughts on the situation I know it has mine.
It is a very good point I admit. Either Epi is bad and did a switch or more likely, imo, he was switched to get him framed. So they get MP and Epi next time. I want to be careful not to fall into that potential trap.
I don't see why the baddies would waste a lynch switch on day one unless they needed it and why MP?
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Also snow dog why do you think epig is 'more likely' civ and being framed???
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Also epig didn't really fight or deny the suspicion on day one it looks like he knew he wasn't being lynched.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

You could be right. I am probably not voting for him.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

While you are answering questions Snow Dog - why did you think that HeMan wanted to be voted for? You missed this question when he asked preciously - and I am curious.
;)
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

While HeMan is precious I meant previously ^^^
;)
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Epignosis »

He-Man wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:

All what other stuff going on? The bickering about whether or not something was implied regarding a Day 0 poll? I dismissed that like the red herring it was.

thellama73 mentioned voting for a low poster well before I did, and then actually voted for a low poster (with a ridiculous reason- see below). You didn't go after him. When I asked why, this is what you said:
He-Man wrote: He has enough heat I don't buy snow dog llama or Roxy are bad tbh, I think it's civvie on civvie.
So breaking it down, according to you:

1. thellama73 had "enough heat" that you gave him a pass
2. You didn't think that Snow Dog, thellama73, or Roxy are bad, yet here you are criticizing me for not taking into account "all the other stuff going on." Again I ask, what other stuff was I not considering?
3. thellama73's reason for voting for a low poster- actually voting- not just trying to get people to speak up, was this:
thellama73 wrote:I have made up my mind. I'm voting for DisgruntledPorcupine. Why? Because my gut tells me to and because of the reasons I previously outlined for suspecting low posters. How can he be disgruntled and yet also be a porcupine? It makes no sense!

*Votes DP*
Just prior to this wild vote, you posted this to me:
He-Man wrote: Out of all the people who were in the lime light you didn't want to go there, instead you went for the people who you thought we're not going to defend themselves. This on its own speaks volumes to me.
And again, not a word about Logan's vote.

And you've the nerve to call me a hypocrite. ;)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Roxy wrote:While you are answering questions Snow Dog - why did you think that HeMan wanted to be voted for? You missed this question when he asked preciously - and I am curious.
No one asked me this before. That I am aware of anyway. Don't even understand why I would be asked this.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Roxy I am precious lol :hugs: also epig made that comment about making him vote me not snow dog

Epig llama had enough attention you had none he was trying to take heat off of him you made your comment to blend. This is why I aimed my suspicion at you and not llama
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

^Sorry even I don't quite understand that. Him?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Epignosis »

He-Man wrote:Roxy I am precious lol :hugs: also epig made that comment about making him vote me not snow dog

Epig llama had enough attention you had none he was trying to take heat off of him you made your comment to blend. This is why I aimed my suspicion at you and not llama
I think you and thellama73 are together. I think you wanted to absorb my vote, since he had, in your own words, "enough heat."

If you're bad, there's no such thing as enough heat. :srsnod:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

He-Man wrote:Also epig didn't really fight or deny the suspicion on day one it looks like he knew he wasn't being lynched.
This is true. Having done some rereading of the time right before the poll ended this AM (I was trying to post on phone and got a zillion linkitises, I missed a lot of what happened at the time), I have to agree with this, he really didn't. So while a frame is still possible, the possibility seems more remote to me now. Although it is very possible he could be the civ switcher, or just timing is in play here about his lack of defense, and it is still a frame

His last few posts really are pretty civvie feeling to me, so :shrug:

It still feels to me that with the votes spread as widely as they were, and having reread, that the drop on Epig at the end felt like a save. He really did not seem as suspish as some of the other vote getters, all of the non boring discussion was about other people, them the boom gets dropped on Epi when it was starting to look like Llama was going down.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”