Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 36

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER I]

Post by Echo »

If Job is not the devil himself, why is he not on the poll?
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Lunatella »

I just noticed something really interesting and I'm surprised no one's mentioned it.

Linki, finally lol.
Lunalee
nutella
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Larry David »

Wow Job actually isn't on the poll. I didn't even notice that.

Placed my vote on Samson.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Young Lady »

Oh lol. Nice ...job, Host.
Supervisor
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Then you'll be surprised to discover there are actually several people removed from the poll. Can you figure it out?
Lunalee
nutella
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 258

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Damn. Guess I should have voted for the Gospels. How did nobody notice this before now? (myself included) :fist:
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

OMG, everyone who voted the Gospels is.

linki: ninja'd
Supervisor
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 243

Post by NurseWilgy »

Rachel wrote:
Absalom wrote:
Martha wrote:Absalom how am I backing down from it? I was clarifying a post. I'm still me darling whether is makes people annoyed or not hunny.
You totally broke character, which is not something I would have expected from someone who seemed to be committed to playing a sock role.
You, amongst other people, were kind of mean to her about being in character, so what did you expect her to do?
I expected her to shrug it off or ignore it. Instead she got defensive, which to me is an indicator of guilt.
Belshazzar wrote:I am wary of Cain so far. Day 0, vote threat against meta hunters. Day 1, "what's everyone getting worked up about" skim of the game. I anticipate him to be a low poster type of player, but also the kind that, recalling from a few recent games, has proven to be bad and lasted long enough in the game, whilst the others ignored him or bickered over dealing with him or not. Really don't like his Day 1 comment.
Cain continues to get my hackles up too. I am leaning towards a Cain vote unless something changes my mind in the next couple of hours.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

I think if Rachel had actually considered a vote for me she would have noticed and mentioned it.
Lunalee
nutella
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 12

Post by The Dry Flood »

Belshazzar wrote:I am wary of Cain so far. Day 0, vote threat against meta hunters. Day 1, "what's everyone getting worked up about" skim of the game. I anticipate him to be a low poster type of player, but also the kind that, recalling from a few recent games, has proven to be bad and lasted long enough in the game, whilst the others ignored him or bickered over dealing with him or not. Really don't like his Day 1 comment.
Aww bam you got me! :mafia:

:haha: :haha: :haha:
Golden
Marmot
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 13
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

OMG, I'm such an idiot. I voted in a rush because the poll was minute until it ended. Turns out I did not have my time settings in place properly. I voted without catching up because I didn't think I had time. I voted for Samson because I didn't like his vote yesterday.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Absalom wrote:
Rachel wrote:
Absalom wrote:
Martha wrote:Absalom how am I backing down from it? I was clarifying a post. I'm still me darling whether is makes people annoyed or not hunny.
You totally broke character, which is not something I would have expected from someone who seemed to be committed to playing a sock role.
You, amongst other people, were kind of mean to her about being in character, so what did you expect her to do?
I expected her to shrug it off or ignore it. Instead she got defensive, which to me is an indicator of guilt.
Cain continues to get my hackles up too. I am leaning towards a Cain vote unless something changes my mind in the next couple of hours.
How can I continue to get your hackles up with one post?
Golden
Marmot
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Cain wrote:
Absalom wrote:
Rachel wrote:
Absalom wrote:
How can I continue to get your hackles up with one post?
You have had more than one post, and sometimes silence speaks volumes.

ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Well then vote me genius
Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

I really have not gotten into this game, its a shame really as I know Epi games are known for funness.

I had intended tocatch up but there are always some fool going to vote for a low poster instead of actually looking for baddies. I am glad it happened bc it showed Absalom's true colors which are. quite ugly :)
Golden
Marmot
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Cain wrote:
Aww bam you got me! :mafia:

:haha: :haha: :haha:
How quick of a reaction, after four days of lazing around.

Have you found anything noteworthy in your "looking back" through the game?

Linki: same question nevertheless
Supervisor
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Nope. have not read a thing since I was here last.
Golden
Marmot
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Saito »

I am not going to have the time to properly catch up. I decided to look at the players who have gotten votes so far, and those who have voted already.

I get a fairly solid read from Absalom, but I do not like Cain. I get no sense of civvieness in his few posts, and I think he misconstrued Absalom's position.

It is all I have the time for, so voting Cain. I promise to be more active soon.
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

I have not been lazing around I am in 4 other games currently.
Golden
Marmot
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

Deborah wrote:I am not going to have the time to properly catch up. I decided to look at the players who have gotten votes so far, and those who have voted already.

I get a fairly solid read from Absalom, but I do not like Cain. I get no sense of civvieness in his few posts, and I think he misconstrued Absalom's position.

It is all I have the time for, so voting Cain. I promise to be more active soon.
But I did NOT have ANY votes until yours.

This kind of play loses the game for civvies.
Golden
Marmot
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Cain wrote:I have not been lazing around I am in 4 other games currently.
That information is of no use for me.
Supervisor
The Dry Flood
Sockpuppet Account

Post by The Dry Flood »

:shrug:
Golden
Marmot
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Cain wrote:Well then vote me genius
Okay, I will. :)

*Votes Cain*

ImageImageImage
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 30
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by PonySparkPrime »

I take it the votes aren't changeable then?

We're all way too divided, I'm not sure how I feel about that... :/
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Operator »

This weekend has been extremely busy for me and horrible. I'm sorry that I've not kept up with the game at and and trying to read over this stuff now is giving me a headache. I always hate the Day 1 stuff cause it's a lot of guessing and what if-ing . So for today I'm just going to randomize my vote. I will keep reading and then make a decision soon after I have eaten.
Management
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Rebecca wrote:I take it the votes aren't changeable then?

We're all way too divided, I'm not sure how I feel about that... :/
They are not changeable. It's interesting to see how no bandwagons have formed yet. It's going to be a very revealing couple of hours, I think.

ImageImageImage
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Paul Stevens »

Not got a huge amount of time to post today, but I've voted Samson for the way he latched onto Paul's vote without any explanation.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Jack Shephard »

Voting for Samson because he hasn't explained his vote.
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Jephthah wrote:Still in the middle of the catch up. Two things that I noticed are a lot of people are seeing my flippiant behaviour as suspicious, and Paul vs. Lot back and forth.
Well, I admit it, I'm enjoying the sock identity. It's freeing, and I for one intend to enjoy it. I used Paul's terms because it was fun trying to get you to guess whether I was new or not. Busted.
Yeah I'm voting Jeph

"A lot of people" paints the picture of an imaginary bandwagon where there was none (I believe only one other person quoted my post and acknowledged it positively. There was just as much backlash about it from Rachel, and that actually resulted in a vote for me) and also attempts to diminish the seriousness of the OP when he does not directly address it

His reaction is somewhere between outright dismissive and the over the top one that I saw Cain have a few posts ago
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Larry David »

Cain wrote:I have not been lazing around I am in 4 other games currently.
Then that's your fault for spreading yourself thin.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Ben Linus »

Absalom wrote:Paul, your list is people you say are not scum hunting. What do you think of the very low posters, like Pilate or Mary Magdelene? They are not scum hunting either.

I'm going to vote for you.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 85

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Samson had had the opportunity to explain his vote and he has not. I have things to do in the next few hours so I am going to go ahead and vote Samson now so i don't miss the vote.

Vote Samson
dunya
Turnip Head
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Sockys2023 »

As usual, the Syndicate votes for oddities instead of baddies.

Carry on.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Malchus wrote:
Absalom wrote:Paul, your list is people you say are not scum hunting. What do you think of the very low posters, like Pilate or Mary Magdelene? They are not scum hunting either.

I'm going to vote for you.
Any particular reason?

ImageImageImage
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

I don't think that that Samuel is bad, I just wanted to vote for him.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Operator »

Not sure I will have time to vote later on so I am going to vote now. It's gonna be a total random vote today.
*Votes Gideon*

( Gideon was my fave character in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.)
Management
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Celeste »

I mean I guess Samson could be bad for not explaining his vote but like that's a horrible move for a heathen as they would want to explain their votes and blend in. Rookie move and his fellow Pharisees should have told him to post because people were asking about him. Not hard to make up a reason but he didn't even try. Think ye sinners have the wrong impression of him.

I will be voting Mary Magdalene as she seemed most opportunistic for jumping onto Samson's case. She read the whole thread supposedly and that's the only thing she felt was worth talking about. She didn't make a gut read on Samson or deduce anything, it's such an easy suspicion to fake and if she's wrong there's no fallout because obviously not explaining your vote can be construed as bad. Her vote is the mark of an unrepentant heathen.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Paul Stevens »

Samson wrote:As usual, the Syndicate votes for oddities instead of baddies.

Carry on.
Samson wrote:I don't think that that Samuel is bad, I just wanted to vote for him.
How do you expect these two posts to add up to any kind of defense? Latching on to someone else's vote with no explanation isn't an 'oddity', it's something that makes you look like a baddie. Then you say you don't even think the guy is bad?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Celeste »

Carry on.
Exactly my brother this is so typical. People vote for what they do not understand. That is not the ways of our Lord
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Isaac wrote:

Carry on.
Samson wrote:I don't think that that Samuel is bad, I just wanted to vote for him.
How do you expect these two posts to add up to any kind of defense? Latching on to someone else's vote with no explanation isn't an 'oddity', it's something that makes you look like a baddie. Then you say you don't even think the guy is bad?
I like Paul and his tactics. Every man has his vice.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Voting Samson.
Supervisor
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

I keep confusing Samson and Samuel. :(
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 76
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

Carry on.
Maybe if you didn't vote in a questionable manner with no good reason you wouldn't be receiving votes. Don't blame us because we voted for someone whose actions look bad.

Samson
To be recycled
PonySparkPrime
Sockpuppet Account

Post by PonySparkPrime »

Also, I wish my user pic was a little more dignified. Just flopping out all over the place there, aren't I?
Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Echo »

Nice bandwagon guys! :beer:

Voted for Cain because he might actually be bad. Will vote Job when I get the chance.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I think the votes for Samson are lame. I agree that it's the easiest scapegoat. A baddie would have to be a complete idiot to just vote like that and not explain it, and then go and say he doesn't think the one he voted for is bad. And no, this is not WIFOM because it's a stupid WIFOM, just look at the votes he's getting.

I'm probably going to pick one of Samsons' voters. I still need to read back a little
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Jonathan's avatar makes me think more of a Greek deity or such.

Ah, the Greeks. We fought with them well.
Supervisor
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Jephthah wrote:I think the votes for Samson are lame. I agree that it's the easiest scapegoat. A baddie would have to be a complete idiot to just vote like that and not explain it, and then go and say he doesn't think the one he voted for is bad. And no, this is not WIFOM because it's a stupid WIFOM, just look at the votes he's getting.

I'm probably going to pick one of Samsons' voters. I still need to read back a little
Or you could vote the clear baddie uzziah :nicenod:
Lunalee
nutella
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Job wrote:
Jephthah wrote:I think the votes for Samson are lame. I agree that it's the easiest scapegoat. A baddie would have to be a complete idiot to just vote like that and not explain it, and then go and say he doesn't think the one he voted for is bad. And no, this is not WIFOM because it's a stupid WIFOM, just look at the votes he's getting.

Or you could vote the clear baddie uzziah :nicenod:
I'm still thinking about it, but even though I don't like the way he's playing, I'm not sure I want to vote for him at this stage. There's also Lot, who didn't get any votes, so I'll have to give him the benefit of the doubt this day because it will be a wasted vote.
I don't think Cain is bad either, and thinking one of his voters could be. :ponder:
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Grand Scheme »

I don't have a great deal of time, and it looks like I missed a lot while I was away. I will vote after I do a quick re-read

Return to “Previous Jobs”