Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER IV]

Post by dodo »

Jephthah wrote:
Rachel wrote:
Jephthah wrote:If there's anyone who hasn't voted yet, how about we vote Samuel?
How has this gone with Cain and Mary Mageline?
Jephthah wrote:I'm almost tempted to think Samuel voted with that awful reasoning in an attempt to save Balaam. If he was so suspicious of Absalom, why not vote for him? Job only had 4 votes and Balaam 3 when Samuel voted. And notice how Balaam never talks about Samuel
A lot of people haven't talked about Samuel because Samuel hasn't been relevant for days.
Nicodemus wrote:If Job flips civ, it will be worth considering a possible save of Balaam was in effect.
True.
This is not the same as Mary and Cain, and I didn't even vote for Cain. This is different because there was almost a tie, and it was just 3 to 4. Absalom had one vote already at that time. Samuel could have easily voted for Absalom if he distrusts him so much. Yet he voted for Job. You think Job is bad, so you're blinded by that
You misunderstand me. And I am NOT blinded by my suspicion of Job, but you keep saying that... almost like you want me to be un-credible... which is interesting to say the least.

Anyway, what I meant by that was that Samuel is similar to Mary and Cain in the fact that it's the last thing to pop up in the day. It's the last "weird" thing that a BUNCH of people run with.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Job wrote:I can't believe I'm being lynched before Uzziah but I hope you'll finally lynch that bastard and his scum buddy Rachel the next two days.

I voted for Rachel.
:haha:
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Young Lady »

Jephthah wrote:Balshazzar, being rude to people is not what most people do to gain credit and make them trust you. So the fact Job did that, just makes me think he's a frustrated civvie.
This is great. If he turns out bad, I'm going to be lynched next, but I don't think he's bad :sigh:
Yes, but the rude words I mentioned were still a tad too much, even if heated, frustrated debates like this happen all the time. Bad form, at least.
Supervisor
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Chuck »

Absalom wrote:
Judah wrote:I apologize my friends for not being available the past few days. I'm going to read some posts by those that have votes and come back with some thoughts, if I have any. If someone wants to give me a quick recap, that would suffice too. lol
Recap:
Job and Uzziah hate each other. Rachel thinks Job is bad for having tunnel vision, although some people have suggested that the feud may be an act of War rather than organic. I think Balaam is bad because of his faux-helpful lists and pessimism about the civvies' chances, and Nicodemus agrees for reasons unclear.

Lazarus thinks I'm bad because reasons.

Everyone is busy and not posting.
Thank you so much, Absalom, I really do appreciate it and it is quite helpful.

This is really my fault for not being around as I should've been but it is what it is. Of the names that have been pointed out, I think I will vote for one of them; those names being Rachel. Job, Uzziah (anyone else reading that as Huzzah?) lol, Balaam and Nicodemus.
Has Nicodemus really not given a reason for his vote? In any case, I don't like bandwagons and I don't feel I have enough information to vote for someone who hasn't been mentioned or that I can't easily find their posts. That being said, I have no flipping clue who to vote for.

Linki: still no clue. and I have like 11 minutes before I have to go home.

Linki: Ugh... :confused:

Linki: I think I'm going to go back and read some of Rachel's posts

Linki: Crap no time to read, bloody hell people!!
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 155

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Job wrote:I can't believe I'm being lynched before Uzziah but I hope you'll finally lynch that bastard and his scum buddy Rachel the next two days.

I voted for Rachel.
You know you're good, and should have no idea what Balaam is, yet you're voting Rachel who has very little chance of getting lynched? What the hell?

I'm done. I have no idea what people here are doing. Whatever. If Job doesn't care that he's lynched, then I don't either.

linki: Definitely bad form. I said he was rude. Based on his vote, maybe he's even bad, and I' have no idea what I'm talking about
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Jephthah wrote:I don't believe I'm doing it, but I think I'm voting Balaam. I am so freaking pinged by Samuel's vote
Why not vote Samuel?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

I kind of have a bad feeling about Job's vote for me, but whatever, nothing I can do.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Ned Flanders »

My opinion of Balaam is colored at this minute by that question. I missed it, shoot me. Jeez. If Job flips civ, I can see that being possible.

He did get my attention earlier with this:
Ruth wrote:
Balaam wrote:
Ruth wrote:Sorry Mary. I did not want to force a tie and have a no lynch, and I guess even if I had voted my gut and went with Uzziah, he still would not have been lynched with the last few votes.

I have been pretty much afk most of this game, so I doubt Noah will take me. I just hope Noah is an active person who will actually send in his PM :)
Who said anything about tie votes resulting in no lynch?
Ties resulting in no lynch is something this host has done fairly regularly in the past if he does not have a tie breaker role.

If there is one, I missed it.
He jumped on me for something that I don;t even understand what the issue was. It just feels like an attempt to make a nothing into a something.

I also am a bit wary of Pilate. The little Deborah has said was incredibly blendy. My opinion of several people will be based on how Job flips.

Linki, Jeph, he sounds frustrated to me. Been there, done that myself. But I have to say I also feel Rachel sounds like she believes what shes saying. So if Job does flip civ, I am not ready to turn on Rachel.

Linki @ Judah, that's a pretty good point.
Assault
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I'm voting Balaam. Mostly because I think there was an attempted save by Samuel. I don't think Job is bad. If he is, you'll happily go after me.

Judah: Because that vote won't matter now with so many votes for Job. Maybe Balaam would get more votes.

Rachel: What do you mean?
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Ruth, I don't think Rachel is bad either. I do think Samuel is, just because of how he chose to vote and excused it, but there's not point in voting him now. We need to get a baddie and if Job is a civ, we need to save him.
I'm hoping I'm wrong and all his voters are right
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Rachel Green »

well, its almost time for the day to end. I am going to job again. I think this will be the 3rd time I've voted him. I hope we are right about him.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I have to go out. I voted Balaam. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, but Samuel's vote just reaked scumminess.

linki: I hope so too
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 85

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

I'm voting for Job. Belshazaar summed up the case very well and he voted for Rachel whom at the moment I think is good. And I don't see the case on Balaam.
dunya
Turnip Head
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

I'm going to vote for Balaam. I don't have a real reason and though that bothers me, I have to vote and refuse to miss it. Sorry Balaam if you're good...

VOTES BALAAM
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Saito »

I self-voted, I have no idea of the state of things. I swear, i will find the time to actually participate in this game or I will ask to be replaced.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

This lynch is growing into a Catch-22 for me. Of the two wagons, I'm definitely not inclined to vote for Balaam, but if I vote Job, I won't break "my trend", as Mordecai put it. :sigh: I've said how much I agree with Absalom's three-point case on Balaam before and as for Nicodemus' (interestingly, also) three-point case, #2 doesn't hold, I don't have an issue with #1 and only #3 could add up to his prior weird stance about civs being doomed, but I also don't find his rebuttals to Absalom have been that casual. Also, whilst Samuel's vote was utter shit, I don't see it as a reason to vote Balaam for it, really. Despite Samuel being so absent, you can barely read anything on him properly, Balaam actually did do a fair bit of that, calling Samuel a slacker at least, wanting him to receive divine judgement for being absent along with the other low posters and such. I don't sense teamwork in this. Call me fooled, if otherwise.

With Job, I'd hate for his case on Uzziah to prove genuine (as in him flipping a civ with a real hunting agenda) or cursed into sticking to it, but his behavior did worsen throughout the last days, through absence, testy rebuttals and lack of any effort to make the whole debate on him die down whatsoever. But if he flips civ, I believe we'll also have a real discussion on how much his hunters have fueled till now the endless "tunnel vision" debate, to the point of getting him lynched.

No choice, I guess...
Supervisor
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

Jephthah wrote:

I voted for Rachel.
You know you're good, and should have no idea what Balaam is, yet you're voting Rachel who has very little chance of getting lynched? What the hell?

I'm done. I have no idea what people here are doing. Whatever. If Job doesn't care that he's lynched, then I don't either.

linki: Definitely bad form. I said he was rude. Based on his vote, maybe he's even bad, and I' have no idea what I'm talking about
Lol'd at the first part.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 135

Re: Biblical Mafia [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who slew Gideon?

Poll ended at Thu May 14, 2015 7:30 pm

Absalom
Lazarus (8)
4%

Balaam
Absalom (6), Nicodemus (7), Rebecca (10), Jephthah (20), Judah (23)
20%

Barnabas
No votes

Bathsheba
No votes

Belshazzar
No votes

Deborah
Deborah (24)
4%

Esther
No votes

Isaac
No votes

Jacob
No votes

Jephthah
No votes

Job
Uzziah (5), Rachel (9), Stephen (11), Jonah (12), Samuel (13), Balaam (16), Esther (21), Jonathan (22), Belshazzar (25)
36%

Jonah
No votes

Jonathan
No votes

Judah
No votes

Lazarus
Mordecai (14), Rahab (18)
8%

Lot
No votes

Malchus
No votes

Mordecai
No votes

Nicodemus
No votes

Pilate
No votes

Rachel
Pilate (3), Job (19)
8%

Rahab
No votes

Rebecca
No votes

Ruth
No votes

Samuel
No votes

Stephen
No votes

Uzziah
Ruth (17)
4%

The Shofar (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), MovingPictures07 (2), Metalmarsh89 (4), Bass_the_Clever (15)
16%

Total votes : 25
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 243

Post by NurseWilgy »

Well, this should be interesting.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Belshazzar wrote:but if I vote Job, I won't break "my trend", as Mordecai put it. :sigh:
For the record, at the moment there is no negative connotation with that. Just a consistency I spotted.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Mordecai wrote:
Belshazzar wrote:but if I vote Job, I won't break "my trend", as Mordecai put it. :sigh:
For the record, at the moment there is no negative connotation with that. Just a consistency I spotted.
That is interesting, Mordecai. :)
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Epignosis »

First Mafioso

Chapter IV
1 This is an account of how Job, a crestfallen man who knew much trouble, was stoned: 2 Unnumbered calamities had befallen the people of Sin-d’kaht, and after casting lots, it was determined that Job had brought misfortunate upon them. 3 “Take Job to the city gates and stone him,” it was said. “Then our people will know peace.” 4 But Job heard of their intentions, and hid himself away in a cave outside of the city. 5 But when Job hid himself in a cave outside the city, the people grew furious and made burnt sacrifices to an idol, a golden marmot.* 6 That same hour, the earth trembled, and the earth swallowed Job. 7 When no one came to claim his land or his possessions, Job’s enemies raided his home and began to claim objects for themselves. They were like shameful thieves, for each man did what was right in his own sight. 8 In their greed, they came to know Job’s other name, Jude. 9 After Job was swallowed by the earth, caravans of foreigners came roundabout Sin-d’kaht, and trumpets sounded. 10 When the people had gathered together, it was decreed that a contest would ensue at about the third hour on the fifth day.** 11 “People of Sin-d’kaht: Long have you feared your neighbors, whose warring is endless. We seek a peaceful end to our quarrel, so that our young men may know old age. 12 “Choose this night whom you will serve, whether the Hittites, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Perizzites, the Hivites or the Jebusites. 13 Then shall one from each tribe rise up to do battle; the victorious one shall be rewarded with his people. Pray to your gods*** if you would pledge yourselves to ending our dispute.”

*Trans. uncertain. Alt. trans: Wiseass
**That is, about 9:00pm EST.
***Alt. trans: Send a private message to your Host
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Shit. :pout:
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

I suck. :/
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

Balaam is so bad.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

I think that might be true. :sigh: I feel so bad for how horrifically wrong I was.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Nicodemus wrote:Balaam is so bad.
Yes, he is.

ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

:sigh:

Requiescat in pace, Job.

I don't fully understand the contest or whatever it is. So we have to send a PM with a choice from those exact tribes?
Supervisor
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 391

Post by Snapshot »

I don't understand who Jude is... unless it's Judas Iscariot. I take it from Rachel's reactions he is civilian

As for the attacks on Balaam, a man who is certainly civilian, may God come down on those who pushed this lynch with a fury like what has not been seen since the days of Sodom.

If ever I had doubt Absalom was bad, him trying to lead Balaam's lynch has erased all doubt in my mind.

As for Jephthah - the man who kept flipping to make sure he was in the minority - saying you thought Balaam was civ, but then flipping because of the vote of Samuel - woe to you. That seems like the conduct of a man who knew both men were civs, and wanted to set up the 'save' idea for the day after to me.

Finally Nicodemus - a man who says Balaam would have scrambled. How does no-one question the ridiculousness of that statement. Baddies scramble. Civvies scrabmle. Baddies stay calm. Civvies stay calm. And scrambling takes time, the likes of which RL has to allow for.

May God judge one or all three of you, for most certainly amongst you is at least one that is bad, and it would not surprised me to see there is more. I hope the community helps me in judging you, for you are all foul in the eyes of God.

Seriously though - I mean, I would have voted Job to save Balaam's ass, but Absalom is the man I wanted to vote, if I could have. Samuel's vote is one of the few that makes sense to me, because he spoke the words that I would have.

In other news - being allowed to get in exactly one post between two consecutive days is not my idea of fun.

And Stephen 2.0, huh? Welcome back, Paul!
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Absalom wrote:
Yes, he is.
You are both so bad.

If you lynch a man who is - I LITERALLY have no doubt - civilian, I will chase you to the ends of the earth. There will be no peace for you.

Not that I intend there to be anyway. I will make sure you are lynched tomorrow. How people continue to follow you is beyond me. You lead them down the path of snakes over and over again.

I'm so ready to kill you I can't even bother to use the word lot in all my posts.
Reporting
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Jude aka Thaddeus. One can also check the first page of the game, in case it is unclear from the Host post.
Supervisor
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Lot wrote:
Absalom wrote:
Yes, he is.
You are both so bad.

If you lynch a man who is - I LITERALLY have no doubt - civilian, I will chase you to the ends of the earth. There will be no peace for you.

Not that I intend there to be anyway. I will make sure you are lynched tomorrow. How people continue to follow you is beyond me. You lead them down the path of snakes over and over again.

I'm so ready to kill you I can't even bother to use the word lot in all my posts.
what
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Absalom the heathen, trying to lynch men of God.
Reporting
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

I voted for the Hittites because Uriah was a Hittite and he was a good man.
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

Lot wrote:I don't understand who Jude is... unless it's Judas Iscariot. I take it from Rachel's reactions he is civilian

As for the attacks on Balaam, a man who is certainly civilian, may God come down on those who pushed this lynch with a fury like what has not been seen since the days of Sodom.

If ever I had doubt Absalom was bad, him trying to lead Balaam's lynch has erased all doubt in my mind.

As for Jephthah - the man who kept flipping to make sure he was in the minority - saying you thought Balaam was civ, but then flipping because of the vote of Samuel - woe to you. That seems like the conduct of a man who knew both men were civs, and wanted to set up the 'save' idea for the day after to me.

Finally Nicodemus - a man who says Balaam would have scrambled. How does no-one question the ridiculousness of that statement. Baddies scramble. Civvies scrabmle. Baddies stay calm. Civvies stay calm. And scrambling takes time, the likes of which RL has to allow for.

May God judge one or all three of you, for most certainly amongst you is at least one that is bad, and it would not surprised me to see there is more. I hope the community helps me in judging you, for you are all foul in the eyes of God.

Seriously though - I mean, I would have voted Job to save Balaam's ass, but Absalom is the man I wanted to vote, if I could have. Samuel's vote is one of the few that makes sense to me, because he spoke the words that I would have.

In other news - being allowed to get in exactly one post between two consecutive days is not my idea of fun.

And Stephen 2.0, huh? Welcome back, Paul!
What I said was that a civvie would be more invested in the possibility of their lynch. That Balaam shrugged his suspicion off tells me that he is comfortable enough to do so, likely because he has help. And this directly contradicts his doom-saying earlier about how the Heathens are so close to a win. If he really thought that as a civ, he would have put more effort into dealing with the suspicion against him.
Thou shalt not raise a false report: put not thine hand with the wicked to be an unrighteous witness.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

D'oh, didn't notice the poll...
Supervisor
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Rachel Green »

Rachel wrote:I think that might be true. :sigh: I feel so bad for how horrifically wrong I was.
Me too :/ So Rachel, then do you think Uzz is bad, or do you think both he and Job could be civ?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Lot wrote:Absalom the heathen, trying to lynch men of God.
Okay, well you seem pretty sure of yourself. Such clarity must be nice. The rest of us have no idea what you're talking about though.

ImageImageImage
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
They/them/theirs/themself
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

Stephen is disappoint. He was apparently incorrect about Job's intentions. Damn! RIP brother.

Also, I am not Paul nor was I forced to talk about Paul. I am not Stephen 2.0; I told you, my house freaking EXPLODED! Yes!

I just think Paul was one hell of a guy, and he brought a level of true wolf hunting to this game that has yet to be matched by anyone else. :noble:

Perizzites UNITE.
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

Absalom wrote:
Lot wrote:Absalom the heathen, trying to lynch men of God.
Okay, well you seem pretty sure of yourself. Such clarity must be nice. The rest of us have no idea what you're talking about though.
:ponder:

This doesn't sound like a genuine defense. Why aren't you outraged over such a vague suspicion?
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Esther wrote:
Rachel wrote:I think that might be true. :sigh: I feel so bad for how horrifically wrong I was.
Me too :/ So Rachel, then do you think Uzz is bad, or do you think both he and Job could be civ?
I don't know about Uzz either way.
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

A LOT of people should vote for me. Stephen would definitely appreciate your votes of confidence!
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

I misunderstood the poll and changed my vote accordingly I think?
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

Seriously, my house fucking exploded, and I emerged victorious. Surely I would best whomever shall face me in battle?
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Nicodemus - what you said is bollocks, and absolutely does not match the empirical evidence from past games.

Baddies will fight to the end even when they have a team and could relax.
Civilians will take votes against them calmly and hope people see the truth of their words.

And the opposite is true. How hard you fight is not, nor has ever been, a good indicator of who is bad.

In fact, none of your case on Balaam was sound to me in the slightest. And your vote was opportunistic.

I admit, though, that of the three I named, you are the one I believe most likely to be good.

Jephthah's snaky indecision was, for me, the greatest sin. His words were the words of a man who knew neither were heathen.
Absalom's sin is a close second, because he keeps trying to lead lynches, and for some reason people keep following him.
Reporting
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

Whomever. Really, Stephen? GRAMMAR FAIL. UGH!

Proofreading posts is a must.

Anyway, Jeph is my #1 suspicion.
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

Lot wrote:Jephthah's snaky indecision was, for me, the greatest sin. His words were the words of a man who knew neither were heathen.
Glad to see we're on the same page. You rock! Keep rocking.
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

Lot wrote:Nicodemus - what you said is bollocks, and absolutely does not match the empirical evidence from past games.

Civilians will take votes against them calmly and hope people see the truth of their words.

And the opposite is true. How hard you fight is not, nor has ever been, a good indicator of who is bad.

In fact, none of your case on Balaam was sound to me in the slightest. And your vote was opportunistic.

I admit, though, that of the three I named, you are the one I believe most likely to be good.

Jephthah's snaky indecision was, for me, the greatest sin. His words were the words of a man who knew neither were heathen.
Absalom's sin is a close second, because he keeps trying to lead lynches, and for some reason people keep following him.
I recognize your point of view.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Lot wrote:Nicodemus - what you said is bollocks, and absolutely does not match the empirical evidence from past games.

I think Jephtath might be bad, yeah. :/
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

RIP Job :(

I am voting Jebusites. It sounds like "Jeebus" and I am in favor of that.
Assault

Return to “Previous Jobs”