Bathsheba
No votes
Lot
No votes
Pilate
8%
Rahab
23%
The Witch of Endor (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
69%

Total votes: 13
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 391

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER VII]

Post by Snapshot »

Belshazzar wrote:Lot, can you clarify what you mean here? What's up with Nebuchadnezzar?
I guess he could know if Simon the Zealot is dead, which would allow for play acting.
Reporting
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Epignosis »

This is a reminder that this chapter ends at 9pm EST, just over an hour from now.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

9 Shortly thereafter there arose a giant from afar who reveled in violence, for that was his way. 10 With spear and a sword he caused the earth to tremble like his enemies in battle. 11 He had been waiting for nighttime to kill one of his enemies, and nighttime had come. 12 Therefore he girded up his loins and ran to the home of his enemy (they were enemies because they had insulted and cursed the giant’s family). 13 But God remembered the enemy of the giant and confounded the giant. 14 And the giant left that same night from Sin-d’kaht because he could not find the house of his enemy.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Biblical Mafia [CHAPTER VIII]

Post by Snapshot »

Sounds like Elijah killed Goliath...

I so hope that's true.
Reporting
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 243

Post by NurseWilgy »

Suck it, Giant. Your family is stupid.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Oh, maybe not Elijah... or maybe noone died. Maybe Goliath just got blocked. Hmm...
Reporting
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 13

Post by DharmaHelper »

I don't remember parentheses in the Bible
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Anyway, I think I have really come to a deep understanding of where Job was coming from, yes indeed. Yes, I finally see things from his perspective and understand just how important it was that he not give in on his tunnel vision. I can't believe I should have ever judged him for it.

The horsemen shall ride on.

Voting Lazarus, because I think he may be or have had input from king Neb.
Reporting
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:I don't remember parentheses in the Bible
Ancient Hebrew and Greek didn't have parentheses (or punctuation at all for that matter). The presence of parentheses would depend on what translation you are reading.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 106

Post by Jack Shephard »

So nobody died? These host posts are really well written but a summary at the end would be nice because sometimes the actual information is not clear. But the summary on the front page hasn't been updated with anything, so either he hasn't updated it yet or nothing happened.

Lot, what was that about the horsemen? :confused:
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Oh yup looks like nobody died. Cool.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Jacob wrote:Lot, what was that about the horsemen? :confused:
Yeah, that does read pretty randomly doesn't it. Perhaps if you read the post as a whole it might make some sense.

What is war good for? Absolutely nothing. Certainly not for me.
Reporting
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Lot wrote:
Yeah, that does read pretty randomly doesn't it. Perhaps if you read the post as a whole it might make some sense.

What are you talking about? :confused:

ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

That's all I have to say on the matter. We should get back to figuring out who to lynch today :)
Reporting
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Lot wrote:That's all I have to say on the matter. We should get back to figuring out who to lynch today :)
Okay. How about Jonathan? You guys didn't listen to me yesterday, and look how that turned out.

ImageImageImage
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Absalom wrote:
Lot wrote:That's all I have to say on the matter. We should get back to figuring out who to lynch today :)
Okay. How about Jonathan? You guys didn't listen to me yesterday, and look how that turned out.
I think listening to you was a much better idea than listening to me :D

Jonathan is a decent idea. I feel like Deborah and Mordecai are still worth a look. And I need to reread yesterday because I honestly didn't understand Jephthah's perspective on Rebecca and Rachel but I need to take it more seriously now.

Also, does anyone else take it that Elijah is dead?
Reporting
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Lot wrote:

Yeah I didn't understand the rest of the post either. :shrug:
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Jacob wrote:
Lot wrote:

Yeah I didn't understand the rest of the post either. :shrug:
Well I don't understand your posts about you rolehinting lol so we can call it even.
Reporting
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Young Lady »

Will try to make catchup posts each morning and late afternoon, otherwise I'll still be too busy this weekend to be more active than that.

Yay no kill. Whatsoever. I guess Elijah is either dead, got emasculated by Jezebel or is simply a low poster who didn't even pay attention. If it's the latter, good game, son.

I find it ironic that the moment the Heathen chose to hand over the kill to Goliath (instead of Pharaoh, who carried out the kills with ease during Nights 2 to 4), it failed. I don't see any blocker except Goliath himself, so... a Righteous with secrets or a Horseman? Either way, it'd be interesting if we'll get any "crumbs" or hints that could help us flush out the Giant.

I think the host posts have a very nice format and don't really need a proper lynch explanation. However, they are indeed getting subtler by the day. I basically had to wiki that Thaddeus' real name was Jude. :shrug: Thomas the Doubter was a nice touch, but after five hours of mafia frying my brain, good luck figuring that out on the spot.

I think I have an idea what's up with Lot. :ponder: We talked a while ago about Job being forced to go at Uzziah (and maybe Uzziah to go at Job, as well??) rather than having tunnel vision - I think Jonah acknowledged the possibility and then so did I - and that it might be a Horseman's doing (War? Conquest?). For Lot to suddenly be enlightened of that must mean that he just got afflicted and Lazarus is the player he must go at.

The only part that threw me off a bit was the "Horsemen shall ride on." sentence. It made me think of Lot being recruited by another Horseman (Conquest?) and having to adulate him or the Horsemen altogether. But it doesn't usually make sense for a recruited player to hint so hard and root for the recruiter.

As to why Lot got Lazarus to go at, my guess is that Lot threw that suspicion on him, the whole Nebuchadnezzar thing, during the Night, the Horseman caught on to it and tied him with Lazarus (or both togheter?). Which is rather unfortunate, because his theory on Lazarus being Nebuchadnezzar (or a teammate) doesn't quite hold up. Here's why:

Here are the players who can statistically qualify as Simon:

Absalom - voted Cain Days 1 and 2
Balaam - voted Cain Days 1 and 2
Deborah - voted Cain Days 1 and 2
Esther - voted Pilate Days 6 and 7
Lazarus - voted Absalom Days 2-6
Rachel - voted Job Days 2-4
Rahab - voted Pilate Days 6 and 7

Job - voted Uzziah Days 1-3, lynched Day 4, flipped Thaddeus
Uzziah - voted Job Days 2-4, lynched Day 5, flipped Herod

I think you can see what the problem is. Every candidate, except for Job and Uzziah (who were lynched and had their roles revealed), is still alive. So it's unplausible for Nebuchadnezzar to have dead checked Simon and get inspired to trick us. Lazarus is still the obvious candidate for Simon, even if his power is now back to square one, after having switched his vote to a player not named Absalom, and even if he piled onto the Jeph lynch (likely making Jeph get roasted with 12 votes instead of 6), which makes it impossible to discern his power from the rest of the votes.
Supervisor
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Quiet today. I'm getting concerned that fewer and fewer of us are actually discussing things. Does anyone have anything to say? If not, I'm going to vote for Jonathan and hope he dies.

ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Absalom Absalom Absalom

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

Absalom wrote:Quiet today. I'm getting concerned that fewer and fewer of us are actually discussing things. Does anyone have anything to say? If not, I'm going to vote for Jonathan and hope he dies.
I'm in for a Jonathan vote. *fingers crossed*
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 85

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Pilate wrote:
Absalom wrote:Quiet today. I'm getting concerned that fewer and fewer of us are actually discussing things. Does anyone have anything to say? If not, I'm going to vote for Jonathan and hope he dies.
I'm in for a Jonathan vote. *fingers crossed*
Your crossed fingers are not going to make me a baddie. I've told everyone every way I know how that I'm not a baddie. I've said it over a period of days. I know that doesn't mean I'm not a baddie but I think you and absalom are looking at what I've voted and said through the prism of a baddie. Put on a civvie lens and look again.

Belshazzar i think you're right on with your analysis of the lazarus vote. I don't want to talk about why because I don't know if it would be appropriate. But I do know that though I value Lot's opinion I won't be voting for lazarus today. Chances are i will be voting for a save.

With that said, there is really nothing more I can do but answer any questions people have. I don't have the time or energy today to say I'm not a baddie over and over again. Everyone has heard it, it's just nobody believes it. You will know from now on when you see me fighting back this hard that I am truly not a baddie. I will check in every so often to see if there are any questions for me.
dunya
Turnip Head
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 258

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Yay for blocking the giant. Boo for Lot's weird early vote. Seriously, Lot better be stuck in some vote-forcing situation because he's one of the five "leaders" of this game so far (the others being Absalom, me, Belshazzar, and Rachel). We need some serious unity on today's vote or else we're going to have hootenanny on the television like yesterday. That. Can't. Happen. Again.

I still have the following as my major suspects:
-Jacob
-Jonathan
-Deborah

I'd like for Mordecai to show up with plenty of time to discuss his theory on me and to explain his vote. Otherwise, he pulled a drive-by on me yesterday which is über-shady.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I'm a leader? :noble:

Jonathan, it's not so much about being appropriate to talk about that, although I think we're already way past subtleties about Lazarus' actions by now. :shrug: It's just that Lot's theory can be debunked, however misfortunate, since he apparently was compelled to bring something against Lazarus from this Day onwards.

I'm keeping Jonathan in mind as well, although he's still not really my top choice, based on evidence. He's not saying much by using the same "you lynch me, you'll see your mistake" card Isaac and Jacob have used (I mean, seriously, this is basic mafia defense in any game, regardless of context), but if he's decided to say no more, we'll have to go back and maybe read him once more.

If his role hint wouldn't be so damn hard to get by, I'd still go with Jacob. From Balaam's new technicolor lists, I still think Day 3 is the best we can analyse, regarding how Uzziah's save may have been achieved, and maybe Day 5 too, if Uzziah's teammates mostly threw him to the lions, but Day 1 is becoming almost as interesting, now that it shows that Uzziah and Lot have both voted late for Cain (who ended up 2nd wagon, but only just, because at that point he only had 2 votes, as many as Uzziah, Absalom, Samuel). Could this mean the other teammates worked on lynching Samson? Or did they partially give even more spreaded votes?

I'll try to find something in the other Day polls as well, but so far I'm not seeing anything concrete.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

sorry, I meant Day 1 is becoming almost as interesting, now that it shows that Uzziah and Ruth have both voted late for Cain
Supervisor
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Larry David »

Balaam wrote:I'd like for Mordecai to show up with plenty of time to discuss his theory on me and to explain his vote. Otherwise, he pulled a drive-by on me yesterday which is über-shady.
Answer me this question before I get ahead of myself here.

Were you silenced on night 4?

Additionally, I did kinda rush that vote. Like I said I almost slept through that shit. I try to wait till later in the phase to make a vote because I know I cant change it once I do. Unfortunately that doesnt always work well, seeing as how the phases were ending around 11PM in my time zone, and I have to get up for work at 5.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Mordecai wrote:
Balaam wrote:I'd like for Mordecai to show up with plenty of time to discuss his theory on me and to explain his vote. Otherwise, he pulled a drive-by on me yesterday which is über-shady.

Additionally, I did kinda rush that vote. Like I said I almost slept through that shit. I try to wait till later in the phase to make a vote because I know I cant change it once I do. Unfortunately that doesnt always work well, seeing as how the phases were ending around 11PM in my time zone, and I have to get up for work at 5.
Hey there. No, I was not silenced Night 4. Why do you ask?
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Balaam wrote:
Mordecai wrote:

The thing that I noticed is that after day 1, you have been on every single mislynch. Then day 5 comes around, the day that we lynch a heathen for the first time, and you dont vote that day. Day 6 you voted Ruth. Day 7 you helped lynch Jeph.

Reasons I dont like that
-IIRC, most of those mislynches were a situation where the bandwagon on the lynched player formed seemingly out of nowhere and completely overtook the then current majority vote on another player
-You were always one of the last 5 or so to place a vote on the mislynches, outside of day 4 and 7. Day 7 you barely miss that criteria. Like you're trying to play it safe. I know that I wait a while to vote and I dont have much movement to criticize you for this, but it seems like you wait and then pile on to the popular vote after everybody else has done it.
-Your missed vote on Day 5 wasnt due to a silence on night 4. I asked you that because there was a chance that MAYBE it was a coincidence and you possibly just werent able to vote. Herod was still alive at that point after all. But now that you yourself have said that you werent silenced, it looks worse.
-Not being on a mislynch on day 1 doesnt really give a good lock either, as you were the last to have placed a vote on Cain that day who was then subsequently lynched.
-Day 1 you voted for Cain, after Ruth did. Day 3 you voted for Mary Magdalene, after Ruth did. Day 4 you voted for Job, along with Uzziah. Day 5 you missed Uzziahs lynch entirely, so you probably had to vote for Ruth to cover your ass.

I know im probably reaching a bit here, but that whole thing makes me raise an eyebrow. "Why would I help push every mislynch as a heathen? That's too obvious.". Yes it is, but then again Uzziah was practically begging us to lynch him and he was a heathen, who's vote you so happened to miss. It wouldnt surprise me if you were trying to hide in plain sight with that after the stunt that Uzziah pulled on us for four straight days.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Belshazzar wrote:I think you can see what the problem is. Every candidate, except for Job and Uzziah (who were lynched and had their roles revealed), is still alive. So it's unplausible for Nebuchadnezzar to have dead checked Simon and get inspired to trick us. Lazarus is still the obvious candidate for Simon, even if his power is now back to square one, after having switched his vote to a player not named Absalom, and even if he piled onto the Jeph lynch (likely making Jeph get roasted with 12 votes instead of 6), which makes it impossible to discern his power from the rest of the votes.
I was assuming from the wording that the zealot's vote got reset to one when changing targets.

Also, just to make it very clear to everyone... I am NOT rooting for the horsemen. I was merely saying I think they are still riding.
Reporting
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Jonathan, who do you think is bad? Sell me an alternative.

ImageImageImage
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Belshazzar wrote:but Day 1 is becoming almost as interesting, now that it shows that Uzziah and Lot have both voted late for Cain.
I assume you mean Ruth? I voted Jephthah on day one.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Mordecai wrote:I know im probably reaching a bit here, but that whole thing makes me raise an eyebrow. "Why would I help push every mislynch as a heathen? That's too obvious.". Yes it is, but then again Uzziah was practically begging us to lynch him and he was a heathen, who's vote you so happened to miss. It wouldnt surprise me if you were trying to hide in plain sight with that after the stunt that Uzziah pulled on us for four straight days.
It would surprise me greatly if Balaam was trying to hide in plain sight, given he is a civilian.
Reporting
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Lot wrote:
Mordecai wrote:I know im probably reaching a bit here, but that whole thing makes me raise an eyebrow. "Why would I help push every mislynch as a heathen? That's too obvious.". Yes it is, but then again Uzziah was practically begging us to lynch him and he was a heathen, who's vote you so happened to miss. It wouldnt surprise me if you were trying to hide in plain sight with that after the stunt that Uzziah pulled on us for four straight days.
It would surprise me greatly if Balaam was trying to hide in plain sight, given he is a civilian.
Under what context? If something happened that lock cleared him, then I overlooked it.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Mordecai wrote:
Balaam wrote:
Mordecai wrote:

The thing that I noticed is that after day 1, you have been on every single mislynch. Then day 5 comes around, the day that we lynch a heathen for the first time, and you dont vote that day. Day 6 you voted Ruth. Day 7 you helped lynch Jeph.

Reasons I dont like that
-IIRC, most of those mislynches were a situation where the bandwagon on the lynched player formed seemingly out of nowhere and completely overtook the then current majority vote on another player
-You were always one of the last 5 or so to place a vote on the mislynches, outside of day 4 and 7. Day 7 you barely miss that criteria. Like you're trying to play it safe. I know that I wait a while to vote and I dont have much movement to criticize you for this, but it seems like you wait and then pile on to the popular vote after everybody else has done it.
-Your missed vote on Day 5 wasnt due to a silence on night 4. I asked you that because there was a chance that MAYBE it was a coincidence and you possibly just werent able to vote. Herod was still alive at that point after all. But now that you yourself have said that you werent silenced, it looks worse.
-Not being on a mislynch on day 1 doesnt really give a good lock either, as you were the last to have placed a vote on Cain that day who was then subsequently lynched.
-Day 1 you voted for Cain, after Ruth did. Day 3 you voted for Mary Magdalene, after Ruth did. Day 4 you voted for Job, along with Uzziah. Day 5 you missed Uzziahs lynch entirely, so you probably had to vote for Ruth to cover your ass.

I know im probably reaching a bit here, but that whole thing makes me raise an eyebrow. "Why would I help push every mislynch as a heathen? That's too obvious.". Yes it is, but then again Uzziah was practically begging us to lynch him and he was a heathen, who's vote you so happened to miss. It wouldnt surprise me if you were trying to hide in plain sight with that after the stunt that Uzziah pulled on us for four straight days.
Well, I can't hide from my terrible vote record- it is, in fact, one of the worst looking of any player. I stated several times that I suck as a civvie and need 3-4 days to form opinions. Even then, my input is only really useful if we nab a baddie one of those first 3-4 days. I like to save my vote for near the end of the day in case I need to save myself. Day 4 I had to vote early because I had RL plans but it was a vote to save myself.

I will admit to totally dialing it in on Day 5 because I was removed from the poll. I laid low and started my re-read of the whole game, which provided the page full of notes on each player. I was truthful in that I abstained from voting because I hadn't read much of what had happened on Day 5. I said so in the thread. Had I not been exempt from the poll, I probably would have been the #1 suspect Day 5 and we might not have gotten on our hot streak.

I can give you a better refutation of your theory later tonight because I have RL plans to attend to.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Lot wrote:
Belshazzar wrote:but Day 1 is becoming almost as interesting, now that it shows that Uzziah and Lot have both voted late for Cain.
I assume you mean Ruth? I voted Jephthah on day one.
Yes, I corrected that statement.
Supervisor
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Mordecai wrote:
Lot wrote:
Under what context? If something happened that lock cleared him, then I overlooked it.
Me, just then :D

I'm just saying you are wrong, not that you should believe me or know that I'm telling the truth. Up to you to decide.

It's a very uneven relationship, this Balaam/Lot one. I keep defending his ass off, and he keeps being a bit wary of me. I'm surprised he isn't a lot more wary in some ways.
Reporting
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Belshazzar wrote: I think I have an idea what's up with Lot. :ponder: We talked a while ago about Job being forced to go at Uzziah (and maybe Uzziah to go at Job, as well??) rather than having tunnel vision - I think Jonah acknowledged the possibility and then so did I - and that it might be a Horseman's doing (War? Conquest?). For Lot to suddenly be enlightened of that must mean that he just got afflicted and Lazarus is the player he must go at.

The only part that threw me off a bit was the "Horsemen shall ride on." sentence. It made me think of Lot being recruited by another Horseman (Conquest?) and having to adulate him or the Horsemen altogether. But it doesn't usually make sense for a recruited player to hint so hard and root for the recruiter.

Ah, this makes sense indeed. I think I missed the previous acknowledgment of a coercive power but it makes a lot of sense. As for the second part, I think (and his latest post supports this) that he's saying the horsemen ride on to hint that he's been coerced by them and to let us know that they're still around and affecting the game. I really don't think he's been recruited.

Mordecai, interesting thoughts there but I am really convinced that both Balaam and Lot are civvies, and have been for quite a few day periods.

I sympathize with Jonathan and would be wary of lynching him, I really think he is genuine and I don't even remember what the original case on him was (but I think it was similar to the one on me). My main lynch candidates as of now are Rebecca, Pilate, and maybe Mordecai or Samuel. I'd be welcome to look at any of these. Also I saw someone mention Deborah, can someone summarize that case for me? I don't remember anything at all about her.

But looking at the list of players there are some that I just don't even recognize as having been playing. Bathsheba? Judah? Malchus? IIRC these people have missed more votes than I have and I'm surprised they haven't been modkilled tbh.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Jacob wrote: I'd be welcome to look at any of these.
That doesn't really make sense does it. Good morning :blush:
Larry David
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Larry David »

Yeah I've been forgetting Malchus is even here. Same thing happened when Hagar was smited. I wasnt even aware that was a player in this game.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Jonathan sounds genuine to me too, but I admit that I haven't done a good job on the gut front.

In that vein, I now trust Jacob, but I also wonder if we are only trusting Isaac because he sounds genuine. And now that the heat has come off him, does it feel to anyone else like he has faded in to the background again?

I feel as though Malchus, Judah and Bathsheba would be potentially a waste of a vote because they might well die of famine (or be modkilled, whatever is going on). Also, because I'm assuming at this point that at least the first two socks are empty and Epi might still manage to fill them at some point, but that might be hopeful.
Reporting
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account

Post by NurseWilgy »

Lot wrote:Jonathan sounds genuine to me too, but I admit that I haven't done a good job on the gut front.

In that vein, I now trust Jacob, but I also wonder if we are only trusting Isaac because he sounds genuine. And now that the heat has come off him, does it feel to anyone else like he has faded in to the background again?

I feel as though Malchus, Judah and Bathsheba would be potentially a waste of a vote because they might well die of famine (or be modkilled, whatever is going on). Also, because I'm assuming at this point that at least the first two socks are empty and Epi might still manage to fill them at some point, but that might be hopeful.

Everyone was gung ho for Jonathan or Jacob yesterday. Today I am sensing a lot of waffling. I'd be okay with lynching either, but I'd obviously prefer Jonathan. I think it is foolhardy to abandon all the excellent vote analysis going on yesterday (similar to that which caught Ruth) because people sound genuine. Trusting people who sounded genuine is what got us to lynch civvies the first few days.

I would prefer to have us present a united front today and not spread out the vote all crazy like we did yesterday. Question for everyone: are Jacob and Jonathan's voting records better today than they were yesterday when everyone was ready to lynch them?

ImageImageImage
MartinWP69
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
They/them/theirs/themself
"That One Idiot"

Post by MartinWP69 »

I agree completely with Absalom. I still think Jonathan is bad. No idea why we lynched Jep yesterday.

votes Jonathan
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Belshazzar wrote:I'm a leader? :noble:

Jonathan, it's not so much about being appropriate to talk about that, although I think we're already way past subtleties about Lazarus' actions by now. :shrug: It's just that Lot's theory can be debunked, however misfortunate, since he apparently was compelled to bring something against Lazarus from this Day onwards.

I'm keeping Jonathan in mind as well, although he's still not really my top choice, based on evidence. He's not saying much by using the same "you lynch me, you'll see your mistake" card Isaac and Jacob have used (I mean, seriously, this is basic mafia defense in any game, regardless of context), but if he's decided to say no more, we'll have to go back and maybe read him once more.

If his role hint wouldn't be so damn hard to get by, I'd still go with Jacob. From Balaam's new technicolor lists, I still think Day 3 is the best we can analyse, regarding how Uzziah's save may have been achieved, and maybe Day 5 too, if Uzziah's teammates mostly threw him to the lions, but Day 1 is becoming almost as interesting, now that it shows that Uzziah and Lot have both voted late for Cain (who ended up 2nd wagon, but only just, because at that point he only had 2 votes, as many as Uzziah, Absalom, Samuel). Could this mean the other teammates worked on lynching Samson? Or did they partially give even more spreaded votes?

I'll try to find something in the other Day polls as well, but so far I'm not seeing anything concrete.
Belshazzar, i actually wasn't talking about the Lazarus stuff when I said it might not be appropriate to talk about. I don't mean to make this a big mystery because it's not that big of a deal but I still don't want to say it. How do we know he has been compelled to bring something forth every day about Lazarus? Or would you rather not say, which I could understand.

Also on your day 1 theory other teammates could have worked on lynching Samson but that obviously wouldn't in include you and it doesn't include me either. I would say this makes more sense than them partially giving more spreaded votes. That's just my opinion.
dunya
Turnip Head
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Jonathan wrote:
Belshazzar, i actually wasn't talking about the Lazarus stuff when I said it might not be appropriate to talk about. I don't mean to make this a big mystery because it's not that big of a deal but I still don't want to say it. How do we know he has been compelled to bring something forth every day about Lazarus? Or would you rather not say, which I could understand.
I don't get the underlined part. If it's about Lot, then the theory is he got afflicted starting this Day, not every day.
Supervisor
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Stephen, I wish you were contributing more than a vote.
Reporting
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 13

Post by DharmaHelper »

Misleading poll title.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Belshazzar wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
I don't get the underlined part. If it's about Lot, then the theory is he got afflicted starting this Day, not every day.
Belshazzar, I was responding to something you said but now I can't find it. I'm about to start dinner for this group and I don't have time to search carefully but I will when I come back tonight. I know my interpretation was you were saying from this day forward he would have to bring something forward about lazarus but that didn't make sense to me, hence my question. I'll be back.
dunya
Turnip Head
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Mordecai wrote:
Balaam wrote:
Mordecai wrote:

Reasons I dont like that

1) Funny you mention mislynches coming from nowhere, because you started the train on Samson Day 1 with your vote. You dovetailed Paul's suspicion of him for voting so soon with your own reason. You said he was avoiding a question and the apparent active ignoring of a question pinged you. Thus, you added a second reason to suspect him. Then Jacob latched onto your reasoning a few posts later and he ended up voting for Samson later in the day. Worth noting that Jonathan also voted after the Cain Train started, giving the appearance of a save on Cain.

2) As I said before, I normally keep my vote until close to the end. I hate being wrong but I also hate being dead, so if it looks like I'm at risk of being railroaded, I'll vote to save my ass. He's worth saving because he can talk, you know.

3) As I said, I spent much of Day 5 and even a lot of Day 6 re-reading the thread. I really shouldn't have slacked off so much but other picked up the slack by going after Uzziah. I still maintain that I would have been the #1 suspect Day 5 had I been on the poll. Thank the Lord I was not on that poll, right? We needed a miracle to get back into the game and the Lord provided by keeping me off the poll. That allowed you guys to go in another direction- aka Uzziah.

4) As I mentioned earlier in the game, I voted Cain Day 1 because I wanted to give people the appearance of a choice. I didn't want Samson to get too much of a lead because we've seen some late voters just glom onto whatever they read in the last 10 posts or so before they vote. Unfortunately, I added to a vote tally that made Cain an easy leftovers vote the next day. Remember that he did not help his cause by being so defensive and dismissive. I wasn't 100% on Cain because I suck at reading people but he wasn't playing ball and we need players who are willing to conform at least somewhat.

5) I see what you're trying to do here but it's a stretch when you consider other aspects of my game. If people go back and look at your vote history, it's not exactly roses either.

Total wifom statement: If I were a baddie, why would I post all those lists, player recaps, and technicolor vote breakdowns that seem to piss a few people off? I see your point on my vote record, but do you also feel that I am acting so super-civ as a front? Have any baddies ever gone quite as far as I have in info dumping? You seem to think that I'm the anti-Uzziah. He admitted to being bad while I am acing all super-civ. Is that what you're basically saying?
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Belshazaar, this was the line I was questioning. I don't understand how we know he has been compelled to bring something against Lazarus from this Day onward. Aren't these curses only for a day? If not, do we know it because others have been cursed for longer than a day? Or am I completely misunderstanding what you are saying here?
Belshazzar wrote:I'm a leader? :noble:

dunya
Turnip Head

Return to “Previous Jobs”