Total votes: 14
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 722
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, TH, what do you think of DDL's vote?

BBL again, folks!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures: Supposing you had not already voted for Elohcin, who would you be considering for your vote right now? Elohcin is still an option, but let's pretend you still have a vote to cast. Who might it go to and why?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, TH, what do you think of DDL's vote?
I think it was an easy vote. I'm worried he did it because it was easy.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 769
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Turnip Head wrote:
Given your town read on Elohcin, would you say any of the votes for her were easy and worrisome?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Given your town read on Elohcin, would you say any of the votes for her were easy and worrisome?
TinyBubbles as discussed earlier (and still awaiting a reply). Aether's too obviously. Sanmateo I'm not sure what to think of his vote atm, after rereading it. MP's vote had the most conviction behind it.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Elohcin »

I still have 5 pages to catch up on. The and I have had a busy, but fun start to our three day weekend. It is nice to know someone understands me. I think having had BTSC with TH before, he understands me a good bit. That can be good and bad for me, but in this case, I am thankful.
Turnip Head wrote:@MP, I think Elo has reacted to the suspicion of her just as emotionally as you have. She sees it her way, and her way is the right way, probably because she's civ. I actually think she'd be more inclined to explain her vote if she were bad, because she would feel like she needs a good explanation.

Fact is, regardless of Elo's own defense, her reads progression of both you AND Golden seems organic to me. She seemed to carefully considerate in her read of you in particular, MP. I don't know if you read it that way, but that's how I read it, and I don't know that a baddie-Elo would go to such lengths and get involved in the argument with you. She cites my case on Golden as a reason to vote for him, and we can debate the merits of her voting based on that, but she's far from the only person in this game to make a change in their read, and that's something civvies tend to do more often than baddies anyways.

So you could say I'm reading her the exact opposite way that you are.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Elohcin, maybe once you've caught up, could you tell us what you think of any/all of the people who are voting for you right now? Do you find any of the votes suspicious? Which ones do you buy as sincere?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm back, I'll be popping in for a 5-10 minutes every so often and then coming back within the hour or less until the deadline, since I can't stand the curiosity.

sanmateo, I meant to say this before, but I wanted to emphasize that I am indeed reading your posts and I've found many of your attempts in this game as genuine mafia hunting. Not only that, but I know how it feels to have your posts either ignored or seemingly ignored, and I know it's very frustrating. So I wanted to say that I have been reading them all. That said, I really want to see what you have to say about more players in the game, and this past Day period you've provided less substance than previously. What else is on your mind? And can you elaborate as to why you think I'm mafia?

Elo, I just want to apologize again for my outburst, I was really angry with Epi and you didn't deserve the blunt of any emotions. I also want to stress that much of my interrogation of you, while very impassioned I'll admit, has not been connected with the same emotions; I just have had strong reasons to believe your play seems shady. I think the fact that you didn't recognize those vindicated me further. Can you not see why that might be the case? If I am wrong about you and you do get lynched today, I apologize, but I felt that you misunderstood me as much as I've misunderstood you, because despite recent doubts regarding your alignment I still strongly believe you look bad in this game. I'm willing to hear you out though and will echo Sloonei's recent post asking for your reads on other players.

Sloonei wrote:MovingPictures: Supposing you had not already voted for Elohcin, who would you be considering for your vote right now? Elohcin is still an option, but let's pretend you still have a vote to cast. Who might it go to and why?
Ooooh, good question. I'm glad you asked.

Thinking on it, my vote would inevitably still go to Elo, though I will admit that a combination of talking it out with Jay and TH yesterday and realizing that I've been emotionally tunneling as well as the sketchy votes by aether and TinyBubbles on her are making me increasingly nervous.

Now, let's say Elo was taken off the poll or something. In that case... it's a tough call. Probably Bass? But I don't know. I could see suspicion surrounding him as being taken advantage by mafia, although your and others' reads of him mirror some of the concerns I have with him as well, so it's hard for me to judge.

I might start considering DDL as mafia if I still weren't reading him so genuinely, and I also think that despite her newness and despite his picture-posting only, that we should start more carefully considering TinyBubbles and G-Man as well. Wouldn't vote either of them today though, that's for sure.

I really need to revisit the players in my "very slight" ranges because there are too many I'm just waffling on at the moment.

Turnip Head wrote:
That's definitely a concern. It's difficult to tell because we don't know aether or Elo's alignments, and I think that would clear up a lot of questions right now.

Where would you vote if you hadn't already voted TinyBubbles?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oops, I forgot you didn't actually vote TinyBubbles. :P

Where are you thinking about voting today, then, TH?
sanmateo
The Mark
Posts in topic: 214

Post by sanmateo »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Yeah, I want opinions on my vote too. And not only what it means about me, but also what it means about the person I'm voting for.
Sloonei wrote:
Sloonei wrote:spefically
I brought my A game to the thread today.
Epi is cursing you right now.
What does it mean about the person you're voting for?
At first, it looks like she is just a regular lurker. She even asked to be replaced. But if she doesn't want to play the game anymore, why is she voting?

Either you are playing or you aren't. You can't have your cake and eat it.

And I was already suspecting her for a while. Her low activity other than agreeing with a few people and not saying anything else, her statement that she didn't even think she was going to be useful in D1...

And guess what, I've seen her reading the thread a few times in the phase. She is lurking and she is voting. But not posting. Can it get any more scummy than that?
lynching a lurker who has asked to be replaced is just wasting a day tbh
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

What does that make you think of DDL, sanmateo?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 358
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

sanmateo wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Yeah, I want opinions on my vote too. And not only what it means about me, but also what it means about the person I'm voting for.
Sloonei wrote:
Sloonei wrote:spefically
I brought my A game to the thread today.
Epi is cursing you right now.
What does it mean about the person you're voting for?
At first, it looks like she is just a regular lurker. She even asked to be replaced. But if she doesn't want to play the game anymore, why is she voting?

Either you are playing or you aren't. You can't have your cake and eat it.

And I was already suspecting her for a while. Her low activity other than agreeing with a few people and not saying anything else, her statement that she didn't even think she was going to be useful in D1...

And guess what, I've seen her reading the thread a few times in the phase. She is lurking and she is voting. But not posting. Can it get any more scummy than that?
lynching a lurker who has asked to be replaced is just wasting a day tbh
Is she going to be replaced, though? Or did she say that just to mislead us? The host said people are only being replaced if they PM him. Is she going to do that?

If she isn't going to be replaced, then I'm trying to make her come out. Anything you want to say, aether?
sanmateo
The Mark

Post by sanmateo »

MovingPictures07 wrote:What does that make you think of DDL, sanmateo?
i think he's a misguided townie/rock
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

sanmateo wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:What does that make you think of DDL, sanmateo?
i think he's a misguided townie/rock
That was harsh. :pout:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

:haha: Thanks, sanmateo. I look forward to hearing your answers to other questions and what you think of others as well.

Sloonei, so I am looking through splints's posts again because I'm revisiting my suspicion of her, and I'm uncovering again that she's been issuing a lot of wishywashy statements and I did find it notable that she couldn't even name a top suspect when I asked her yesterday (but then went on to say she still really suspects BR). I'd like to amend my post to say that she might be my 3rd suspect (pushing her back up again), but I'm not certain just yet.
sanmateo
The Mark

Post by sanmateo »

that vomp guy is being really secretive
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Ok sorry I didn't get to number 4 but it is the weekend and im still young so I go out a lot on the weekends. Anyways out of the new players I really dont know what to make of there play styles. This is the first time I have seen people do ISO. I feel like JJJ and Sloonei are on the level for the most part for now. The one thing I dont really care for is it seems like those two just keep bringing up the same people and flooding the thread with stuff about them. It makes it easy for people to miss what the people in question had to say in there defence.
I really don't get tinybubbles or acrosstheaether. DDL seems to be falling back a little and I would like to know why that is.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

sanmateo wrote:that vomp guy is being really secretive
:haha:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sanmateo wrote:that vomp guy is being really secretive
His meta is hands down the most bizarre of anyone at this forum, easily. I've really given up trying to understand him, but I can't help but try at times anyway.

I've seen him say in more than a couple games blatantly that he's rooting for the mafia regardless of alignment, for example.

But I've also seen him actually participate in the game a couple of times (early in his mafia career) as a somewhat active civilian willing to voice his opinions, even if they did occasionally still have the bizarre Vomps-reactionary flavor to them.

So I really have no idea what to expect from him here other than likely zaniness.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

MP is there anyone that is new that you feel like could be mafia and do you think it's possible for a mafia member to be hiding behind a lot of post?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Ok sorry I didn't get to number 4 but it is the weekend and im still young so I go out a lot on the weekends. Anyways out of the new players I really dont know what to make of there play styles. This is the first time I have seen people do ISO. I feel like JJJ and Sloonei are on the level for the most part for now. The one thing I dont really care for is it seems like those two just keep bringing up the same people and flooding the thread with stuff about them. It makes it easy for people to miss what the people in question had to say in there defence.
I really don't get tinybubbles or acrosstheaether. DDL seems to be falling back a little and I would like to know why that is.
I can vouch for your meta in that you are busier on the weekends.

Who are you thinking of voting today and why?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:MP is there anyone that is new that you feel like could be mafia and do you think it's possible for a mafia member to be hiding behind a lot of post?
Ooooh, Bass coming out of his shell more, I love it.

That's a good question. I'm glad we're opening up the discussion on more talkative players because as much as I've been thinking they're on the level, it's certainly very likely that at least one of them is mafia (and it ain't me).

Thinking on it... at the moment I would rank the top posters as follows in terms of least surprising to flip mafia to most surprising:
Dragon D. Luffy Least surprising
sanmateo
JaggedJimmyJay
Sloonei Most surprising

I rank it this way because surprising doesn't equate to likelihood. For example, I know Jay is capable of being a beast in seeming as civilian as possible, so even though he's currently my top civilian read (and therefore the one I LEAST suspect), I wouldn't be as surprised if he flipped mafia as I would Sloonei. Does that make sense?
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Okay...so I have been reading and reading and I still have two pages to catch up on. In 24 hours, you all have managed to post 7 pages worth. If you have already voted, could you kindly please refrain from flooding the thread with post after post so that those of us who have yet to vote can get our bearings and vote. I have other things I have to get done today. No offense, I love mafia, but i cannot play if I am expected to spend half of my waking hours on it.
sanmateo
The Mark

Post by sanmateo »

i dont like how much yall have been discussing strategy this phase insted of just mafia-hunting. there's probably a few players who havent even been mentioned. i also dont like that jay has never really analyzed mp's posts since early on day 1. i think he is usually more critical of players and it's very unlike him to dish out a town read early on day 1 and never look back. oh and day 1 iso's are just overkill btw

i gotta say wrt ddl's vote: acrosstheaether's vote is inherently scummy but if she said she was gonna be replaced it would be a waste to lynch her now.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Ok sorry I didn't get to number 4 but it is the weekend and im still young so I go out a lot on the weekends. Anyways out of the new players I really dont know what to make of there play styles. This is the first time I have seen people do ISO. I feel like JJJ and Sloonei are on the level for the most part for now. The one thing I dont really care for is it seems like those two just keep bringing up the same people and flooding the thread with stuff about them. It makes it easy for people to miss what the people in question had to say in there defence.
I can vouch for your meta in that you are busier on the weekends.
Well I still need to read a few pages but I think i might vote Elo the whole golden thing is real fishy but I really want to hear more from tinybubbles but I feel like thats not going to happen if this is only his / her second game. This game could be a little overwhelming. I mean I feel like I'm playing a speed game on crack with the amount of posts there has been so far.

Who are you thinking of voting today and why?
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:MP is there anyone that is new that you feel like could be mafia and do you think it's possible for a mafia member to be hiding behind a lot of post?
Ooooh, Bass coming out of his shell more, I love it.

That's a good question. I'm glad we're opening up the discussion on more talkative players because as much as I've been thinking they're on the level, it's certainly very likely that at least one of them is mafia (and it ain't me).

Thinking on it... at the moment I would rank the top posters as follows in terms of least surprising to flip mafia to most surprising:
Dragon D. Luffy Least surprising
sanmateo
JaggedJimmyJay
Sloonei Most surprising

I rank it this way because surprising doesn't equate to likelihood. For example, I know Jay is capable of being a beast in seeming as civilian as possible, so even though he's currently my top civilian read (and therefore the one I LEAST suspect), I wouldn't be as surprised if he flipped mafia as I would Sloonei. Does that make sense?
Yeah it makes sense.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Ok I would also like to hear what everyone else is thinking about the super posters. lol. Does anyone else feel like there could be mafia lurking among them?
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 231

Post by fingersplints »

MovingPictures07 wrote::haha: Thanks, sanmateo. I look forward to hearing your answers to other questions and what you think of others as well.

Sloonei, so I am looking through splints's posts again because I'm revisiting my suspicion of her, and I'm uncovering again that she's been issuing a lot of wishywashy statements and I did find it notable that she couldn't even name a top suspect when I asked her yesterday (but then went on to say she still really suspects BR). I'd like to amend my post to say that she might be my 3rd suspect (pushing her back up again), but I'm not certain just yet.
I think you should reconsider who you call wishy washy when you have been drastically up and down in your suspicions. You are pressuring me to name more suspicions. I have and if that isn't good enough for you so be it.

I suspect BR for the defense of MP. A bunch of you didn't suspect it because you trust MP and all suspect Elo, but I understood what she was saying about MP. She wasn't calling him "mean", and I felt she was trying to be tactful about it, but he exploded at Epi and played the victim. (His word choice. Not mine) I feel like BR jumped on that and defended MP. I have been wishy washy about MP because as I said I'm not going to waste a shit ton of time debating how I feel about a player when my read on them is pretty dependant on someone else.

I'm voting BR now.
Gro-oo-ovy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

fingersplints wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote::haha: Thanks, sanmateo. I look forward to hearing your answers to other questions and what you think of others as well.

I think you should reconsider who you call wishy washy when you have been drastically up and down in your suspicions. You are pressuring me to name more suspicions. I have and if that isn't good enough for you so be it.

I suspect BR for the defense of MP. A bunch of you didn't suspect it because you trust MP and all suspect Elo, but I understood what she was saying about MP. She wasn't calling him "mean", and I felt she was trying to be tactful about it, but he exploded at Epi and played the victim. (His word choice. Not mine) I feel like BR jumped on that and defended MP. I have been wishy washy about MP because as I said I'm not going to waste a shit ton of time debating how I feel about a player when my read on them is pretty dependant on someone else.

I'm voting BR now.
I don't think you should consider wishywashy as an insult; it certainly isn't. I am pressuring you because that's part of the game, is it not? I'm unclear as to where you're at, so I've been asking for clarification.

I don't see where everyone is saying they trust me; I've arguably had more heat on me than anyone else. As usual, I'll likely get lynched at some point.

So, to be clear, my alignment is dependent on BR as follows: If she flips mafia, I'm mafia, and vice versa? Or something else?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, yes, my suspicions have been moving and developing, but that's why I have the Rainbow List. If anyone else is ever wondering where I'm at, they can look at that. I was looking through your posts and was having trouble discerning many of your suspects and opinions other than "I'm torn" and similar statements, so I've asked for clarification on multiple occasions.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:Okay...so I have been reading and reading and I still have two pages to catch up on. In 24 hours, you all have managed to post 7 pages worth. If you have already voted, could you kindly please refrain from flooding the thread with post after post so that those of us who have yet to vote can get our bearings and vote. I have other things I have to get done today. No offense, I love mafia, but i cannot play if I am expected to spend half of my waking hours on it.
As much as I can sympathize with your situation, as I've stated, I'm not going to stop posting altogether because people want me to. That's not fair. That said, I will try to make a conscious effort to consolidate my thoughts more often, and I will inevitably continue to get busier RL as this game progresses.

sanmateo wrote:i dont like how much yall have been discussing strategy this phase insted of just mafia-hunting. there's probably a few players who havent even been mentioned. i also dont like that jay has never really analyzed mp's posts since early on day 1. i think he is usually more critical of players and it's very unlike him to dish out a town read early on day 1 and never look back. oh and day 1 iso's are just overkill btw

i gotta say wrt ddl's vote: acrosstheaether's vote is inherently scummy but if she said she was gonna be replaced it would be a waste to lynch her now.
I'm still waiting for my D2 ISO. Thanks for giving me another opportunity to bring it up. :P

You think Jay could be mafia then? How would you equate what you said here with a read?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm voting for Dragon D. Luffy.

He badgered Elo about her vote for Golden for most of the Day, but once a couple of players came to Elo's defense and the bandwagon stopped, he switched to aether for her sketchy vote for Elo. His vote is a throwaway and if he really suspects Elo he should be on that bandwagon instead. Remember that he specifically said he was still cool with an Elo lynch:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Vote acrosstheaether

You say you want to be replaced. But you come here and vote for Elo. Are you playing the game or not? Make up your mind.

You have been the most suspicious player since the game started. I gave you a pass in day 1 because you provided mechanical reasons not to contribute, but it's day 2 and you keep playing like you don't care about the game at all.

For the record, I believe the Elo lynch is a good one, for reasons I gave in night 1. But I feel a lot better about lynching aether.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm hidden a good percentage of the time I'm on the site, pretty sure most people do that.
I don't, ever.
fingersplints wrote:If he is bad, he could be avoiding casting a vote for Elo so it doesn't look bad if she flips civvie.
:srsnod:
Sloonei wrote:Elohcin, maybe once you've caught up, could you tell us what you think of any/all of the people who are voting for you right now? Do you find any of the votes suspicious? Which ones do you buy as sincere?
I think they are wrong. I think MP has his panties in a wad b/c I questioned his cheerful behavior and he used whatever opportunity he could to build a case on me even if it was stupid. I think most others followed him because threw a hissy fit. I don't understand TinyBubbles early vote for me. I wonder if she is new to Mafia. I think San may genuinely think I am bad although he/she's wrong. And I think Aether has jumped on the bandwagon.

I'm stepping away from mafia for a bit. As I have said, I have other things I have to do today. I will come back later.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm hidden a good percentage of the time I'm on the site, pretty sure most people do that.
I don't, ever.
fingersplints wrote:If he is bad, he could be avoiding casting a vote for Elo so it doesn't look bad if she flips civvie.
:srsnod:
Sloonei wrote:Elohcin, maybe once you've caught up, could you tell us what you think of any/all of the people who are voting for you right now? Do you find any of the votes suspicious? Which ones do you buy as sincere?
I think they are wrong. I think MP has his panties in a wad b/c I questioned his cheerful behavior and he used whatever opportunity he could to build a case on me even if it was stupid. I think most others followed him because threw a hissy fit. I don't understand TinyBubbles early vote for me. I wonder if she is new to Mafia. I think San may genuinely think I am bad although he/she's wrong. And I think Aether has jumped on the bandwagon.

I'm stepping away from mafia for a bit. As I have said, I have other things I have to do today. I will come back later.
This is absolutely uncalled for and completely false.

And it's statements like this that keep vindicating my suspicion of you. Dismissive as hell.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And my case was never "stupid". Next time don't say you are leaning civilian on someone, with no explanation, and then vote for them, with no explanation.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Turnip Head wrote:I'm voting for Dragon D. Luffy.

He badgered Elo about her vote for Golden for most of the Day, but once a couple of players came to Elo's defense and the bandwagon stopped, he switched to aether for her sketchy vote for Elo. His vote is a throwaway and if he really suspects Elo he should be on that bandwagon instead. Remember that he specifically said he was still cool with an Elo lynch:
Aren't you considering that maybe I thought those players were making valid points? I think I even pointed that out at the time.

Not that they are enough to change my opinion about Elo, but they did put some doubt on it.

Now, remember last day where some information made me doubt my Golden lynch but I went through regardlessly? Yeah.

This time I'm doing differently. I'm voting for the scummiest player in the game. Not for the second or third more likely, just because I had decided it 48 hours earlier. I'm following what I think regardless of what others may think about me.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:

I'm voting BR now.
I don't think you should consider wishywashy as an insult; it certainly isn't. I am pressuring you because that's part of the game, is it not? I'm unclear as to where you're at, so I've been asking for clarification.

I don't see where everyone is saying they trust me; I've arguably had more heat on me than anyone else. As usual, I'll likely get lynched at some point.

So, to be clear, my alignment is dependent on BR as follows: If she flips mafia, I'm mafia, and vice versa? Or something else?
BR and pretty much all the new guys have mentioned trust in you to a degree. And I would definitely argue you having the most heat. Mostly only Epi was after you :shrug2:

No. Your alignment does not depend on her alignment. Your alignment depends on that role PM the hosts sent on you. :srsnod: But as with every other game, gaining information allows us to form opinions on others. I've discussed everything. I feel like everyone is stuck on these reads and we cant move on til we have more information. :shrug2:
Gro-oo-ovy
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

MP panties. lol
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Splints, thanks for your answer. That's fair. I agree that, at this point, we really need more information.

Linki w/ Bass: LMAO. :haha:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Elohcin - She's been a top suspect all day, and I've expressed some agreement with that suspicion without actually doing my own homework on the case. So here goes.
Elohcin wrote:I see that DDL thinks all those who've been posting tonight look like town. I disagree, but not only that, I highly doubt that none of the mafia are talking. I just can't see that being the case. Honestly, I see MP's over-helpful behavior as suspicious. I know we have a lot of new players and he wants to be helpful, but there's just something fishy about it.
This early post does a few things that don't give me any particular town feels. I did not understand at the time, and still don't, why she "highly doubts that none of the mafia [were] talking". Is this strictly a probability thing? If so, why? If not, what made you think there was a bad guy in that bunch? She points to MP07's behavior as "suspicious" and "fishy" without a whole lot more than that. Feels like a very easy and vague way to start a case. This follow-up post has the same feel of a vague and weak (Day 1) scum case-building. Like she has latched on to something which will be called suspicious, but is struggling to expand on how or why that is the case (This is similar to the point I've made about fingersplints and her suspicion of Black Rock). And then she sort of backs down from it here after MP answers some posts, and then this post does a lot more things that I don't like. She addresses a lot of points without really providing any strong content on anything, and also returns (not too strongly, again) to the MP07 suspicion after backing down slightly in the previous post. There's a lot of reads and statements in here that are never explained, and there's an early instance of her dismissing a suspicion against her rather than addressing it more directly (In the second bit, where she's responding to me).

Here she's back on board with the MP vote as well as Golden, neither of which are firmly substantiated. She then goes on to criticize me later in her post for not substantiating my own reads, which I already addressed and thought was a fair point. But it looks very strange when she is being critical of another play for something which she is equally guilty of doing in this instance.
Elohcin wrote:And still, can someone please tell me WHY you want to lynch me? B/c I know Epi has caught baddies lying about RL? B/c I said Epi COULD BE, MIGHT BE onto something with MP? B/c I said MPs emotional outburst makes me question him?
Here is where she kind of starts the thing where she kind of openly fails to address the suspicions against her. Calls for anyone to tell her why they suspect her, when a number of people had done exactly that. I went back a few pages to check for cases against her, and found substantive posts from sanmateo, Golden, and Jay about her, none of which she addresses. There's also some from MP07, I'm sure.
Elohcin wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Wow, Blue's Clues. I used to watch that like... 15 years ago?
I feel so old. Hey Epi! "HOME! HOME" Our son watched it when he was like 7-8 months old. We we horrible parents in that he would wake up at 5am every morning. So, we kept a pack-n-play full of toys in the living room and would turn on Blues Clues or Baby Einstein and then we would lay back down for just a little more sleep. There was one episode of Blues Clues, Simon would clap his hands and say, "HOME, HOME" with Steve. Simon will be eight in July.

Now. I know many of you are looking at me for tomorrow's lynch. I really don't know how to depend myself b/c I am getting very vague answers as to why I am suspicious. Please, someone (other than MP), as the new day begins, if you are still looking to vote me, just plainly and clearly tell me what I did wrong so I can defend myself. I say someone other than MP, b/c I have heard him rant and rave about me enough already and I think his emotional crazies are getting you all in an uproar about me and I am wondering if you are just going off of that or if you have your own true reasons. Reread me if you must. We will only be on Day 2, there shouldn't be much. But please, give me something to defend against. I don't want to hear my vote was weird or I believed Epi about MP lies. Why was my vote weird? I never said I believed Epi for sure, I said he may be on to something b/c I have experienced similar circumstances. Anyway....if you are going to lynch me, you can at least help me out by telling me WHY?

Linki BR :)
This is more of the same, and it continues to give me scum vibes. It seems like she's spending a lot of energy saying that she does not know why she's being suspected instead of reacting to things. This behavior looks very scummy, imo, as I tend to think a scum player who comes under suspicion will be more desperate to clear their name and might become focused solely on that task. That's what I'm seeing here.
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: This guy is a player who does not play like a townie. Ever. If he is mafia, he is scummy. If he is town, he is scummy. No matter what, he will play in a way that makes him seen suspicious. He will spend a lot of energy going in directions that make no sense and seem to be more for trolling than anything, he won't bother to justify his votes in a way that others would find acceptable... he just gives no fucks, about anything, ever.

This is the kind of guy that makes it tempting to policy lynch early. I can't justify a player like this living long. The next day phase is pretty much guaranteed to have a good part of its discussion on him, and if we allow it he is going to push it in useless directions again. We need to either figure him out soon or kill him. Or both.
This is 100% accurate.

That said, he has changed up his approach to the game considerably over time, and continues to do so, but it still generally follows your description.
This makes me think DDL is bad, actually. (He is somewhat right about Epi's game play. But, I think Epi enjoys playing civ too.) I think DDL is taking advantage of Epi's playstyle in order to lynch a civ.

linki...GOLDEN was my number two suspect and I voted him. You just said a couple posts up that I didn't have my eye on Golden and then voted for him. So for you and for whoever say my vote for golden was weird...:p
Introduces a suspicion against Dragon because of this observation he made about Epignosis earlier in the game. I'm not sure I follow Elo's reasoning here. This just seems like Dragon making an honest analysis of a player (Epi). What makes you think Dragon was trying to "take advantage of" Epi's pretty widely-discussed scummy behavior?

In this post she finally begins to address some of the posts directed at her, but I still don't buy it. She claims to not be "skipping posts" and continues voicing her confusion about the suspicion against her, but I feel like the case against her, at this point in the thread, had been one of the more clearly-stated ones in the game. She had had ample opportunity to address things in a number of different ways, I think, and she never did that. And even here, when she does, she still seems to be playing the "confused" card with regards to MP's behavior.

Her response to Jay's ISO posts again failed to give me any town vibes (Here and here). Her defense against the first does not feel very thorough, like she's just kind of repeating what she had already said and not really offering much explanation of the strange behavior being noted. The second feels a lot like an attempt to cover her own tracks after a rather shady Golden vote on Day 1. I suppose I'd say I'm just flat out not buying on, as a gut read.

Her last post to this point also kind of feels like an effort to hide behind the read of another established player in the game, which is a fair thing to do, but it would look better if it was paired with something more substantial, either in self-defense or offense, from Elohcin herself.
Elohcin wrote:I still have 5 pages to catch up on. The and I have had a busy, but fun start to our three day weekend. It is nice to know someone understands me. I think having had BTSC with TH before, he understands me a good bit. That can be good and bad for me, but in this case, I am thankful.
Turnip Head wrote:@MP, I think Elo has reacted to the suspicion of her just as emotionally as you have. She sees it her way, and her way is the right way, probably because she's civ. I actually think she'd be more inclined to explain her vote if she were bad, because she would feel like she needs a good explanation.

Fact is, regardless of Elo's own defense, her reads progression of both you AND Golden seems organic to me. She seemed to carefully considerate in her read of you in particular, MP. I don't know if you read it that way, but that's how I read it, and I don't know that a baddie-Elo would go to such lengths and get involved in the argument with you. She cites my case on Golden as a reason to vote for him, and we can debate the merits of her voting based on that, but she's far from the only person in this game to make a change in their read, and that's something civvies tend to do more often than baddies anyways.

So you could say I'm reading her the exact opposite way that you are.
I could see myself voting for either Elohcin or Bass today, still, and will wait to see how the poll takes shape toward the day's end before casting my vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

That looks like womens underwear, but let me tell you "rainbow men panties" has made for an interesting image search. :disappoint:
Gro-oo-ovy
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

fingersplints wrote:That looks like womens underwear, but let me tell you "rainbow men panties" has made for an interesting image search. :disappoint:
Somethings can never be unseen.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I'm voting for Dragon D. Luffy.

Aren't you considering that maybe I thought those players were making valid points? I think I even pointed that out at the time.

Not that they are enough to change my opinion about Elo, but they did put some doubt on it.

Now, remember last day where some information made me doubt my Golden lynch but I went through regardlessly? Yeah.

This time I'm doing differently. I'm voting for the scummiest player in the game. Not for the second or third more likely, just because I had decided it 48 hours earlier. I'm following what I think regardless of what others may think about me.
Fair enough.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:MovingPictures: Supposing you had not already voted for Elohcin, who would you be considering for your vote right now? Elohcin is still an option, but let's pretend you still have a vote to cast. Who might it go to and why?
Ooooh, good question. I'm glad you asked.

Thinking on it, my vote would inevitably still go to Elo, though I will admit that a combination of talking it out with Jay and TH yesterday and realizing that I've been emotionally tunneling as well as the sketchy votes by aether and TinyBubbles on her are making me increasingly nervous.

Now, let's say Elo was taken off the poll or something. In that case... it's a tough call. Probably Bass? But I don't know. I could see suspicion surrounding him as being taken advantage by mafia, although your and others' reads of him mirror some of the concerns I have with him as well, so it's hard for me to judge.

I might start considering DDL as mafia if I still weren't reading him so genuinely, and I also think that despite her newness and despite his picture-posting only, that we should start more carefully considering TinyBubbles and G-Man as well. Wouldn't vote either of them today though, that's for sure.

I really need to revisit the players in my "very slight" ranges because there are too many I'm just waffling on at the moment.
Part of the reason I feel so good about my Bass case is that all the other people who've expressed similar sentiments (you, jay, birdwithteeth) are fairly strong town reads for me and I am not getting any vibes of scum manipulation on that wagon.
I feel the same way about DDL, I've not really revisited his posts since Day 1, and I am starting to think one of my mid-range town/neutral reads on my rainbow will probably end up being scum. Not sure which one yet, they all need to be looked at more closely.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head: What do you think of the case against Bass? Have you already addressed it? If you have you can just direct me to that post and I'll have a look. If not, well...
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

am i correct that the deadline is in about 1 hr and 45 mins?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm gonna go for a big long jog and probably decide my vote when I get back. Fitness mafia is where it's at.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sanmateo wrote:i dont like how much yall have been discussing strategy this phase insted of just mafia-hunting. there's probably a few players who havent even been mentioned. i also dont like that jay has never really analyzed mp's posts since early on day 1. i think he is usually more critical of players and it's very unlike him to dish out a town read early on day 1 and never look back. oh and day 1 iso's are just overkill btw
you're right that it's unlike me to dish out a town read on Day 1 and never look back.

it's Day 2.

the last game on RYM, i had ProFiction as a town read from Days 1 through 4, and didn't switch on him until Day 5. i need more time than that for any total re-assessments. i might have a ton of posts, but that doesn't mean i have an infinite supply of time. i have to come up with some confident town reads and then focus my mafia hunting on the rest of the thread. later in the game when there aren't so many players i can start to look at the people i have read as town more thoroughly if i am still alive.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote:Turnip Head: What do you think of the case against Bass? Have you already addressed it? If you have you can just direct me to that post and I'll have a look. If not, well...
I'm afraid I haven't looked into the Bass case much yet. He was quiet today but I've felt good about him when he was posting.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

EBWOP: second last game on RYM, not last

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”