The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day 12)

Moderator: Community Team

Can Someone Finally Die?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Bass 2.0
No votes
Black Rock
No votes
DFaraday
20%
FZ.
33%
Long Con
No votes
MetalMarsh89
No votes
Sophie
No votes
Devin the Omniscient
No votes
I...Iiii...I'm Still Alive (Host, Mod, Nons)
47%

Total votes: 15
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day? 9)

Post by Marmot »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I dont understand why you dont trust me MM. I thought I knew something but I was wrong I'm sorry for that. If you guys want to waste a lynch on me go ahead I really dont care, you are just hurting the old rouges shot at a win.
Would you reconsider lynching timmer?

I know you wanted to before, but you suddenly changed your mind.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm also jealous of you because you won the "Favorite New Member from 2014" Socky Award, even though you joined the Syndicate in 2013. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 245

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I dont understand why you dont trust me MM. I thought I knew something but I was wrong I'm sorry for that. If you guys want to waste a lynch on me go ahead I really dont care, you are just hurting the old rouges shot at a win.

Bass, I really need to know where you are. You had me ready to lynch MM, and then you turned around and went back to a Timmer vote. I was trusting you, but that threw me. Can you tell me which of those diametrically opposed suspicions you still hold?

And why #10, MM? You have a feel, or you have a srs feel about the #?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 353

Post by FZ. »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm also jealous of you because you won the "Favorite New Member from 2014" Socky Award, even though you joined the Syndicate in 2013. :P
I joined at the end of 2013 and wasn't even a contender :pout:

I'm good with not lynching 4,9, and 10...

BR, I meant range, thinking you could put your number first, in the middle or last. But it hasn't caught :shrug:

LC, why did you wait until all those votes to vote for TH? Were you not sure about him? Do you still think SVS is bad?

linki: He thinks Bass is 10
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Bass, I really need to know where you are. You had me ready to lynch MM, and then you turned around and went back to a Timmer vote. I was trusting you, but that threw me. Can you tell me which of those diametrically opposed suspicions you still hold?

Not really, just testing the waters.

I know Bass did a weird psuedo-roleclaim earlier, which is why I am torn whether to trust him or not. But, he has seemed the most confident in his reads on players, regardless if he is right or wrong, even if he has nothing to back them up.

Anyway, LC suggested his idea about numbers (which I don't agree with), and right after LC listed his 3 numbers, Bass listed his 3 numbers 11 minutes later.

LC listed 1, 7, 11 (nothing inherently suspicious here)
Bass listed 10, 7, 11 - is it not strange that he would list two of the same numbers LC listed? I am also suspicious because the numbers are not listed in order (and I realize this is a trivial thing for most people).

So, I think Bass is number 10, and right now, I don't trust him.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 135

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I know Bass did a weird psuedo-roleclaim earlier, which is why I am torn whether to trust him or not. But, he has seemed the most confident in his reads on players, regardless if he is right or wrong, even if he has nothing to back them up.

Anyway, LC suggested his idea about numbers (which I don't agree with), and right after LC listed his 3 numbers, Bass listed his 3 numbers 11 minutes later.

Bass listed 10, 7, 11 - is it not strange that he would list two of the same numbers LC listed? I am also suspicious because the numbers are not listed in order (and I realize this is a trivial thing for most people).

Why don't you like the number idea? You thinks its better just tto pick a number and vote?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Well last lynch I really thought timmer was the top but I was wrong. So now I really trust timmer. I don't trust MM. I think he silenced me and now is trrying to play the "why would someone silence him?" card.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Why don't you like the number idea? You thinks its better just tto pick a number and vote?
The number idea might do one thing correctly, it would allow all the active players to get their number into the thread. Since we have 9 of 11 players active, that means 27 numbers would be introduced to the thread, 9 of them would probably be unique in that they would represent the 9 active players. Good so far.

But this is where it gets complicated. The other 18 numbers would presumably be chosen randomly. Unfortunately, "random precision" does not work with only one attempt. Yes the odds are in our favor that we would isolate Soneji and rabbit8, but not strongly in our favor. If we performed this strategy 100 times, then sure we would lynch one of the inactives the majority of the time. However, given that we've only got 1 shot, I no longer like our odds. Plus, there's a good chance the baddies will list themselves and a teammate in their numbers, thus skewing the balance and increasing the chances of a civilian being lynched.

Assuming BTSC partners can share their numbers amongst themselves, any isolated player should be against this plan.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

MM, I think it's a way to throw number out there to get an idea of how people are thinking and what numbers they use. Otherwise, it really is a shot in the dark. This is almost like a first day lynch when all you have to work on is your vibes and what people say that is not really on topic.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Yes. If we stick to LC's plan, we are taking the responsibility of voting off the voters. If we lynch a civilian, we say "Oh well, we tried" and no one can take the blame. And I expect we will lynch a civilian, based on my previous suggestion.

So coming up with an idea that would ensure responsibility for votes would be better. Heck, even straight up random voting would at least increase the odds of a baddie being lynch.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

By the way, based on your experience playing with TH, how often does he protect his team when bad? Does he defend them strongly?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:MM, I think it's a way to throw number out there to get an idea of how people are thinking and what numbers they use. Otherwise, it really is a shot in the dark. This is almost like a first day lynch when all you have to work on is your vibes and what people say that is not really on topic.
Call me stubborn, but I disagree. I don't know if LC intended it or not, but this plan is a sure way to steer the lynch away from the New Rogues.

Linki: I really don't know. I just think he was using his Map BTSC as a cover to defend a teammate.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Draconus »

Stubborn marmot! :p I at least can empathize with you. Personally, I just feel more comfortable with trying to get rid of an inactive today than voting randomly. As for Bass, even if 10 turns out to be his number, I can't bring myself to feel good about a vote for him primarily because of his role. Even at this juncture it's hard to say what alignment he's going for.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
FZ. wrote:MM, I think it's a way to throw number out there to get an idea of how people are thinking and what numbers they use. Otherwise, it really is a shot in the dark. This is almost like a first day lynch when all you have to work on is your vibes and what people say that is not really on topic.
Call me stubborn, but I disagree. I don't know if LC intended it or not, but this plan is a sure way to steer the lynch away from the New Rogues.

Linki: I really don't know. I just think he was using his Map BTSC as a cover to defend a teammate.
I've been wondering about LC for a while. On the surface, he's probably been the most helpful player in this game and most involved. But he voted for TH when it was pretty clear he was going down. The most interesting thing is, that he's suspicious of SVS, yet he voted for Timmer when SVS was the first to vote for him. Did he not think they were working together? Timmer is definitely acting way more fishy, and I think I wrote not long ago, that LC is the one I trust most, but I wonder if he's just fooling us like that. Not one person has voiced any suspicions of him. Isn't that unusual?
I think I need to go and see if TH and LC talk about each other
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

And I forgot. MM, I meant that we throw out numbers we don't want lynched. It doesn't mean we really have to follow the rule of lynching the number that shows up the least. I just want to know what numbers people don't want us to lynch.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:And I forgot. MM, I meant that we throw out numbers we don't want lynched. It doesn't mean we really have to follow the rule of lynching the number that shows up the least. I just want to know what numbers people don't want us to lynch.
I suppose that's true. Everyone controls their own vote afterall.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Metalmarsh, I'm open to other ideas for this lynch. It seems like you have taken everything you need from the "three number" plan, and voted to lynch who you assume is Bass. It's funny that, even though you have gotten some value out of the plan, you still want to put the plan down, and not participate. I thought we might get more information about people if we watch what numbers they choose, and see what connections we might make.

As for my TH vote... sometimes I vote early, sometimes I sit back and watch where the thread is going and what people are saying before making my decision. Sometimes a later vote can be the swing vote, and sometimes, like with TH, it won't make a difference.

I'm glad that I am trusted by those who trust me. I'm pretty sure some trust me for non-thread reasons, but FZ., I appreciate you trusting me without such reasons. I have no doubt that some people who trust me are bad, and trying to "pocket" me (I learned that term on Jesus Toast Mafia!), like S~V~S and Canuck did to me a few games back.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:Metalmarsh, I'm open to other ideas for this lynch. It seems like you have taken everything you need from the "three number" plan, and voted to lynch who you assume is Bass. It's funny that, even though you have gotten some value out of the plan, you still want to put the plan down, and not participate. I thought we might get more information about people if we watch what numbers they choose, and see what connections we might make.

As for my TH vote... sometimes I vote early, sometimes I sit back and watch where the thread is going and what people are saying before making my decision. Sometimes a later vote can be the swing vote, and sometimes, like with TH, it won't make a difference.

I'm glad that I am trusted by those who trust me. I'm pretty sure some trust me for non-thread reasons, but FZ., I appreciate you trusting me without such reasons. I have no doubt that some people who trust me are bad, and trying to "pocket" me (I learned that term on Jesus Toast Mafia!), like S~V~S and Canuck did to me a few games back.
What do you think about Bass's numbers and the similarities to your own selections?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Long Con wrote:Metalmarsh, I'm open to other ideas for this lynch. It seems like you have taken everything you need from the "three number" plan, and voted to lynch who you assume is Bass. It's funny that, even though you have gotten some value out of the plan, you still want to put the plan down, and not participate. I thought we might get more information about people if we watch what numbers they choose, and see what connections we might make.

Yeah, I believe it was you that taught me how to buddy up to people back in the day on LP in the Supermarket Game, maybe, or Heroes.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:

Yeah, I believe it was you that taught me how to buddy up to people back in the day on LP in the Supermarket Game, maybe, or Heroes.
Your memory is so much better than mine for these old games! I can't even remember Supermarket, and barely Heroes. :srsnod:

MM, I think Bass was trying to indicate that he is number 10, thinking that people aren't likely to lynch him if they believe he is Dr Alchemy.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

S~V~S wrote:

SVS, if it weren't a number vote, but a regular vote, who would you vote for?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Is this even a lynch poll? Is it even Day? "The Flash: Battle for the Gem Cities (Day? 9)"
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

LC, thanks for answering. I needed to check it out, unturn every stone. Your answer made me feel better. Still looking for the other baddie/baddies and wondering whether TH would be that obvious. I always think of him as someone who plays somewhat similar to me, and therefore can't see him defending a baddie strongly like that. But maybe MM is right and he was using the map. I don't know. I will say that Timmer is playing a low profile game since he's been accused in the later stages. I can't see civvie Timmer being this clueless about things. He started out so strongly. Maybe he's kind of given up and is doing the minimum to not go down shamefully. :shrug:

llinki: I don't know. Just looked at the roles and was thinking that if this is a day, the whether wizard can stop it. I don't think he used the day stopper, just the night, if he indeed has both
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Weather not whether :blush:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

FZ. wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Like I said, I think there is a recruiting element in this game. If anyone is recruited, I think it could be Bass. That's a big if, though. If I was recruiting, I would have recruited Bass based on his probably role, not a personal preference.

TBH, I don't think any of you are on *my* team. I am so paranoid, schizophrenia is like right around the corner. There are a few people I have down as possible detectives, and while they don't need me alive to win, I don't particularly view them as "enemies". I would rather not lynch them. Or point to them. So I am going to say I doubt Sophie is a detective, I don't think she is Old Rogue. So her most likely.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Mister Rearranger wrote:You have 48 hours to find a needle in an unlit haystack.
[/color][/center]
Perhaps you are right Long Con, it does not say lynch anywhere.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Yeah, I think it probably is Day. Take a Shot in the Dark sounds like someone gets shot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
FZ. wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Like I said, I think there is a recruiting element in this game. If anyone is recruited, I think it could be Bass. That's a big if, though. If I was recruiting, I would have recruited Bass based on his probably role, not a personal preference.

TBH, I don't think any of you are on *my* team. I am so paranoid, schizophrenia is like right around the corner. There are a few people I have down as possible detectives, and while they don't need me alive to win, I don't particularly view them as "enemies". I would rather not lynch them. Or point to them. So I am going to say I doubt Sophie is a detective, I don't think she is Old Rogue. So her most likely.
Why do you think there is recruting going on?

There is the map BTSC. Then, there is also Blacksmith, who is basically a recruiter.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Black Rock »

Long Con wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Your memory is so much better than mine for these old games! I can't even remember Supermarket, and barely Heroes. :srsnod:

MM, I think Bass was trying to indicate that he is number 10, thinking that people aren't likely to lynch him if they believe he is Dr Alchemy.
I have no reason not to believe him as of yet and I don't support a Bass lynch if he is indeed neutral. I have seen nothing in his game play to indicate to me that he is a baddie.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

I would like to lynch Soneji. I believe Soneji to be a new rogue. I also believe his lack of interest is because he is a baddie without BTSC. Of course there isn't anything in his posts to draw on, he hasn't posted in forever. This is a gut feeling. I would like to try and figure out which number he is.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Personally, I think such inactive players should be modkilled (if they can't be replaced). We can't learn anything from them.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:
FZ. wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

It's funny... Llama's opinion of Sophie made her the MOST likely to be a Detective to me. Other than that I don't have much of a read on her.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Long Con wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
FZ. wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

It's funny... Llama's opinion of Sophie made her the MOST likely to be a Detective to me. Other than that I don't have much of a read on her.
Perhaps she is just parroting llama then.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I guess I need to reread llamas opinion. I had the exact opposite impression, myself, though.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Personally, I think such inactive players should be modkilled (if they can't be replaced). We can't learn anything from them.
I think there is a reason he hasn't been modkilled.
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Long Con wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
FZ. wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

That was my impression as well
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Black Rock wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Personally, I think such inactive players should be modkilled (if they can't be replaced). We can't learn anything from them.
Which is?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Sophie
The Mark
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Sophie »

S~V~S wrote:I guess I need to reread llamas opinion. I had the exact opposite impression, myself, though.
YoU dont seem to be paying much attention. And llama also said things about me in map btsc, someone said so in this thread, and youll find it if you read carefully.
I was also insisting on voting th and saying he was tops, despite being questioned for it, im obviously not her teammate.
Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

I think svs, timmer, soneji, rabbit might be bad
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I have to go to sleep. How about I vote number 3?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:I have to go to sleep. How about I vote number 3?
Go for it!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Go for it!
:P
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Go for it!
:P
I have no qualms with that vote. :nicenod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sophie
The Mark

Post by Sophie »

Well, im voting for 3 as well. Can change it if necesary
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sophie wrote:I think svs, timmer, soneji, rabbit might be bad
*sigh*
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I feel that my survival is not jeopardized by a 3 vote. I will join you folk. :nicenod:
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

FZ. wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Which is?

I think he's one of the last baddies and the host doesn't want to upset the game.

I'll vote 3.
ImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I also voted 3
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Sophie wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I guess I need to reread llamas opinion. I had the exact opposite impression, myself, though.
YoU dont seem to be paying much attention. And llama also said things about me in map btsc, someone said so in this thread, and youll find it if you read carefully.
I was also insisting on voting th and saying he was tops, despite being questioned for it, im obviously not her teammate.
I'll go ahead and reiterate. That was me :) I had map btsc with llama. He specifically told me that Sophie was "not bad" and to "drop" my case on her. So I did exactly that, and I will no longer be hunting Sophie :hugs:

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

The consensus appears to be 3. That's where I'll cast my vote.

Return to “Previous Jobs”