50%

Total votes: 8
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Re: [Day 1] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Epignosis »

Long Con wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Long Con, you say this is a shoving match or pissing contest. Can you elaborate? Why do you characterize my posts, which were trying to garner discussion, as both a shoving match and "good to see"? I'm not sure how to reconcile those two separate thoughts.
I was commenting on two different sets of posts, though one leads in to the other. You were firing questions at everyone who was in the thread at the time to get them talking, to get some discussion going. That is what I liked, that's what was "good to see". Soon enough, your questions turned to Epi, and instead of answering, he questioned back at you, and you basically did the same back at him.
:suspish:

No sir. My third post (my first serious post) was a question directed at MP. That was Monday, 2:33pm EST.

MP had seven posts before this, none of which addressed me at all. In fact, he only addressed Devin, not "everyone who was in the thread at the time."

Epi shot first.

Should I attribute this to carelessness or mendacity on your part? :eye:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Bubbles
The Mark
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bubbles »

Hey all, im alive :o still lurking for the most part because it's honestly kind of intimidating at the start of a mafia game, i hate the thought of wrongly accusing people and there usually is a bunch of new people i am not familiar with, so can't tell if they are being themselves or acting out a role. on the plus side i've finished exams so don't have that stealing my time :beer: more for mafia, potentially :) And i'm a good guy AGAIN for the third time in a row! Which really doesn't help me train my mafia hunting instincts, like they say it takes a thief to catch a thief. Anyway, for what it is worth sloonei and golden are playing a lot like they did in the economics game so far, so i (want?) to believe they are civ. Don't know about the others like long con. Curious about the pm Dom sent like many of you, i would love if we could somehow join together and figure out what they all mean without actually posting them.

This first lynch vote i'm gonna probably bandwagon on the most voted person, since i figure that is marginally better than voting a random. It's a cop out, i know. Don't shoot me.

Btw sorry to see you go DDL! And welcome canucklehead, your first post made me lol
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Hi TinyBubbles.
Right now it appears the three most popular names for lynch targets are Long Con, S~V~S, and Cobalt. If you were to choose between those three, who would you pick and why?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

TinyBubbles wrote:And i'm a good guy AGAIN for the third time in a row! Which really doesn't help me train my mafia hunting instincts, like they say it takes a thief to catch a thief.
XthAtGAm3RGuYX
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 22

Post by XthAtGAm3RGuYX »

On lunch break right now. Got an email from my new ISP and I have to call then with my MAC address when I get home to activate my router. So if all goes as planned, I should have internet before the poll ends.

If all doesn't go as planned, I have to go buy a new fucking router which I really don't want to, ans it will take an hour or two longer, but should still get done in time.

Also it is true that it takes a thief to catch a thief, but a good detective knows their signs without having to steal a thing. I got pretty good at catching Mafia before I finally got a bad role in bible Mafia. The extra perspective helps a bit.
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Neverwhere »

Canucklehead wrote:Thursday, June 18, 2015
9:23 AM

So I 100% lied lastnight and didn't read a damn thing or make a comment, but I'm doing so now. The wait is over, friends. Canuck is here, all is well, let your great fat bellies be soothed.
Here are my observations after reading (let's be honest, I barely read. Saying I skimmed would even be generous) Day 0/1. These are stream of consciousness notes that I'm taking as I browse, so apologies when I say shit that’s already been resolved/dealt with. Just look at it as a little extra dramatic irony in the narrative of my unfolding submersion in the game
- Lots of people I don’t recognize or know. Hi new friends! If you are at all serious about mafia, you are going to hate me. Yaaaaayyyy! *kermit arms*
- Lots of new jargon and acronyms being thrown around (gth? Iso? Yaaawwn) Looks like some of you spent too much time watching the big boys play during the Champions tournament and have become infected with their slang. Ick.
- For some reason, people are talking about the Reading Rainbow Kickstarter, and I am currently gulping coffee from my RR backer mug. I AM SOOOOO FUCKING COOOOOOOOL
- My thoughts on the perennial voting for newbs discussion: I hate and fear new people because they may be more clever than me and will steal away from me my very dear and much beloved mafia friends, so I advocate for shooting them in the face the minute they walk through the door. But that’s just me.
- Cobalt pops in with a not-so-humble brag about being MVP and having awesome instincts so we should fear her enormous mafia balls. Cool.
- Golden jumps in immediately after with a more subtle but no less eye-rolly brag about how he was sooooooo smart his first mafia game that everyone got naked and did a dance in his honour. Did everyone take an extra dose of Chest Puffing pills this morning?
- I'm in love with Gumshoe. Hi, sailor.
- Epi thinks "interesting" is a stupid word. I agree. The next time an undergrad hands me a paper telling me how "interesting" Measure for Measure is, I am going to set it alight and force them to watch their minutes of half-hearted effort burn to ashes in front of their eyes. HAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA. Take that, undergrad!
- Epi's analysis of LC is poorly received by SVS who is too savvy to be impressed by "enigmatic crap"
- People are now saying "interesting" a lot. I imagine this is a baddie plot to get Epi's face to explode. I wonder if it will work!
- Bwt shows up and Golden drops in an OT comment about bwt bussing a teamie that, were I being especially paranoid, I might think is laying the very first teeny seed in case bwt should need to be set-up for a lynching later…
- Epi is ON FIRE this game. His response to SVS is astute and on point
- Golden attempts to buddy up to Epi, but his buddying up to Epi is not as good as my buddying up to Epi
- I've just noticed that there is a player who has Paprika from Blue's Clues as their avatar. I will never vote for this person.
- OMG I'm only on page 5. This is super tedious and boring tbqh.
- Golden attempts to make a portmanteau about a colourless rainbow. Fails. Instead, makes a portmanteau evoking the plethora of wheat varieties available in this great nation.
- Gumshoe likes Golden's word. I no longer like Gumshoe.
- DDL (aka old me) pops in with a banal post. Yawn. Former me is boring.
- People are trying to gang up on Gumshoe, my beautiful love (I lied before, when I said it was over between us. I can't pretend anymore. Even if you do like Golden's horrible word, I LOVE YOU GUMSHOE! TAKEMENOW!), and should be prepared to face my wrath for impugning his spotless character.
- TH, our knight errant, comes pricking onto the plain with his sword directed at Hedgeowl's heart. I had no recollection of Hedgie's posts, and I just read them within the last hour, so I can definitely buy some sort of blendiness accusation there….I could also, however, buy an attempt by TH to redirect discussion away from Epi's attention suck and onto other things….
- MM votes for LC and runs.…
- Ooooh! I just replaced in! AND I CANNOT BE LYNCHED, BITCHES! HAHHAHAHAHHAHHA
- Epi strokes my ego by bringing up Roger Rabbit. I do very much like having my ego stroked, but I guarantee I will not play that well in this game. That might have been a once in a lifetime blaze of glory for me and it was fucking exhausting. For this game, I'm back to my usual MO of relying on snark and latching on to other people's suspicions to get me through this game.
- Scotty provides some nice cover for me by "speculating" that I'm neither mafia nor a civ power role. Thanks, Scotty!
- DDL comes back in to ruin my ill-gotten trust. Bastard.
- Dfaraday pops in with a post that makes it clear he hasn't really read the thread, and instead has only read a few people's impressions of the thread
- Paprika asks a lot of questions that she wants to seem important/probing….but I don't think she's hitting the analytical home runs she thinks she is
- MP WOT INCOMING!!!!! Hi, MP. Missed you.
- I basically skimmed the last couple of pages cuz I got bored.

Right now, I'd be willing to vote for Golden, SVS, Cobalt, Slooni, and maybe LC or TH.

Glancing at the poll, it seems like there are lots of people who haven't chimed in on anything (but maybe I just glossed over them in my "read through")…..Dreams? Tiny Bubbles? Who else?
Marry me.

Can someone tell me how many hours till the end of Day 1? Time zones fuck me up.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

~10 hours, i think
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bubbles
The Mark

Post by Bubbles »

Sloonei wrote:Hi TinyBubbles.
Right now it appears the three most popular names for lynch targets are Long Con, S~V~S, and Cobalt. If you were to choose between those three, who would you pick and why?
At the risk of contradicting what i just said about bandwagoning, id probably go for either svs or cobalt, because they arent getting as much negative press as long con atm. This game has barely even begun, i find it interesting (to use your word heh) that long con already seems so scummy to some. There is just something off about that. im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because of it.

Who would you vote for?
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by timmer »

There are some people, such as Bullzeye, who have not yet posted a single thought on any suspicions in the game but who have played about the pm and game mechanics. They will be high on my list going forward. However, for today I will focus on the current cases at hand. While any of lc, svs, epig, golden etc could be bad, at this point I am likely to vote Cobalt. His revenge vote on LC is way too convenient, especially coming as early as it did in the day. I won't vote yet, but that's where my vote is heading most likely.
My siggie.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

You can fix your timezone in user control panel

Canuck I missed you. Much loling has been had.

I am kind of lost as to where to go this day 1. I haven't really caught on to any of the popular suspicions. I'm at work and won't really have time to re-read stuff so I hope something comes up as I catch up that will give me some direction, but I usually feel hopelessly uncertain about everyone on day 1 :\
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TinyBubbles wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Hi TinyBubbles.
At the risk of contradicting what i just said about bandwagoning, id probably go for either svs or cobalt, because they arent getting as much negative press as long con atm. This game has barely even begun, i find it interesting (to use your word heh) that long con already seems so scummy to some. There is just something off about that. im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because of it.

Who would you vote for?
Of those three, i am currently leaningnmost toward SVS. Cobalt is not far behind. Long Con is a distant third. I would like to say it's far too early to have the race narrowed down to three names, but that seems to be the way this thread is heading. I feel it's been a somewhat productive Day 1, but not a great one. Lots of quiet people. Even some of the talkative ones have been quiet.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Canucklehead »

Holy shit. I have a participation score of 50. I'm a leper. Don't talk to me, people. Don't even look at me lest my filth infect you.
I'M SO ASHAMED. Just let me die.

Seriously, though. How did that happen? How did I fuck up so badly? I can't even remember playing any games after RR.....
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Sloonei wrote: I liked your post about SVS and if anything so far has convinced me she might be bad, it's your case. But, as I've got 0 experience with her as a player, it's still not enough for me to really comment on without getting her response first. So I'm just waiting for her to defend herself before I make a read.
Hey Sloonei, talk to me a bit about why you think SVS is bad. It seems, reading your posts, that you mostly think it because you agree with MP's case, is that right? I ask because much of MP's case is built, it seems to me, on how he thinks a civ SVS would have responded to his posts. Like, he feels that her responses aren't sounding like civvie SVS, that she is picking and choosing what to respond to. How does that mesh with you, who doesn't know SVS' playstyle?

With no meta, what part of the case has you ready to vote her? The main reason I ask is that when I read through last night, I noticed quite a handful of players who were seemingly choosing to only comment on parts of what people were saying. SVS was one, nutella I think was another (I'm at work, can't easily read back). Other people are not bothering to talk about suspicions at ALL. What makes SVS the one, for you?
My siggie.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

One pill makes your participation score bigger
And one pill makes it small
And the pills that timmer gives you
Don't do anything at all

Go ask Alex
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Don't knock my pills, they are special. :pout:
My siggie.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by DFaraday »

TinyBubbles wrote:And i'm a good guy AGAIN for the third time in a row!
I wouldn't really question that if you hadn't mentioned it...
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

timmer wrote:
Sloonei wrote: I liked your post about SVS and if anything so far has convinced me she might be bad, it's your case. But, as I've got 0 experience with her as a player, it's still not enough for me to really comment on without getting her response first. So I'm just waiting for her to defend herself before I make a read.
Hey Sloonei, talk to me a bit about why you think SVS is bad. It seems, reading your posts, that you mostly think it because you agree with MP's case, is that right? I ask because much of MP's case is built, it seems to me, on how he thinks a civ SVS would have responded to his posts. Like, he feels that her responses aren't sounding like civvie SVS, that she is picking and choosing what to respond to. How does that mesh with you, who doesn't know SVS' playstyle?

With no meta, what part of the case has you ready to vote her? The main reason I ask is that when I read through last night, I noticed quite a handful of players who were seemingly choosing to only comment on parts of what people were saying. SVS was one, nutella I think was another (I'm at work, can't easily read back). Other people are not bothering to talk about suspicions at ALL. What makes SVS the one, for you?
SVS is only "the one" for me when i've narrowed it down to those three options, and since i made that declaration I think i've actually moved hack toward Cobalt. I'll probably wait to see how others vote before I decide myself.

But as for SVS, I was swayed by her most recent responses in the thread, which did almost nothing to dismiss the suspicions against her. They felt like relatively passive posts, and nothing in them made me feel good about her.
I can point to specifics later if needed.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DFaraday wrote:
That's why I posted Nick. That came off as forced if anything has.
Bubbles
The Mark

Post by Bubbles »

Epignosis wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
That's why I posted Nick. That came off as forced if anything has.
Its the truth. Suspect me if you wish though, i wouldnt blame ya. Though id be pissed to get voted off early in this game, cause its a cool theme.

Anyway, what timmer said about cobalt revenge voting makes some sense, im gonna go ahead and trust his instincts, and vote for cobalt now. Sory cobalt if you are innocent. I may just be setting myself up for an early lynching myself by doing this, but dont want to miss the vote like in last games (wont be home 10 hrs from now) dont want to vote long con because of what i said before, svs is still a mystery but he hasnt voted which makes mphim slightly less suspicious than cobalt at the moment. I actually feel like svs is mafia, but dont have anything concrete to point to
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 54

Post by sig »

TinyBubbles wrote: And i'm a good guy AGAIN for the third time in a row! Which really doesn't help me train my mafia hunting instincts, like they say it takes a thief to catch a thief.

This first lynch vote i'm gonna probably bandwagon on the most voted person, since i figure that is marginally better than voting a random. It's a cop out, i know. Don't shoot me.
Snipped out some stuff, What Tiny Bubbles said is about being town is sending off warning bells, as well as saying they aren't very good at catching mafia until they play as mafia. This could be what he said or not. My thoughts on this is that maybe this was a first time mafia slip up? Saying they got Civ again and won't be good at catching mafia. Could this be a set up for when they try to lynch Cobalt? Here is the scenario, Cobalt gets lynched flips civilian TIny can turn around and say "since I was never mafia I'm not good at catching them" The first portion is more suspicious then that, but I still find it worth noting, I'm also using Cobalt as the example since TIny has voted for him.

The other thing Tiny said they were most likely going to bandwagon a person the reasoning being it is better then they lynch Cobalt someone with no votes and Tiny is the third person to vote. Not following what they said in this post.

So Tiny why go from bandwagoning on the highest voted player to voting for Cobalt? Also what do you mean by "cop out"

I did read your other posts explaining your votes, but it seems strange to have that change of mind could you explain to me why I should vote for say Cobalt over LC?
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TinyBubbles's recent posts look a lot like her posts from the Economics game, where she was a civilian. That is as much as I can say about her right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 54

Post by sig »

@SVS What do you think of Tiny lynching Cobalt and lynching Cobalt in general?
Also you mentioned briefly the buddying up of Golden to Epi what is your thoughts on this know?
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 33
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote:
Long Con wrote:I did think it was strange when Hedgeowl was talking about bandwagon votes before voting even started. I thought it was a good sentiment for me personally to have out there, since Epig and Cobalt seem to wish for a bandwagon to happen on me, but it's an odd thing to say nonetheless.

S~V~S may be trying to pocket me with her defense of the word "interesting" and attack on Epig. My lynch would end up making her look better, and my survival with her in my "good books" would be advantageous as well.

If I were making a rainbow list at this point, I'd have Sloonei, Hedgeowl, S~V~S, and Epig as slight Mafia reads, and Golden and MP as slight Civ. I guess I don't need to invoke the rainbow to just say that. I want to read back over the Gumshoe stuff to see who else seemed to be trying to cast it in a worse light than I think it is, I don't think Sloonei was the only one, just the one that stuck out to me.

Linki: Thanks, MM, good to know I can always count on your support. If you did vote, could you let us know if votes are changeable in this game? :grin:
Why do you read that as buddying you, as opposed to attacking Epignosis, which is what i was doing?
This is what was bothering me too. LC lists you and Epi as two of his suspects and it's related to how you've behaved toward him, it feels like a close-minded thought process. In addition, his suspicion of you is predicated on what will happen if he, Long Con, is lynched and flips civvie. That feels like basic level NO U-ing, right there. It's not really the type of comment I see Long Con making often.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

I'm gonna pop in here a sec. I voted Conalt right now because I don't have time to read any more while at work today for the next 10 hours.

I feel a scummy vibe from TinyBubbles. I don't buy the "overwhelmed" post coming almost at the end of day 1. My placeholder vote is still on Cobalt but I'm wary of Bubbles, regardless of "how civ" they looked last game
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Canucklehead wrote: - TH, our knight errant, comes pricking onto the plain with his sword directed at Hedgeowl's heart. I had no recollection of Hedgie's posts, and I just read them within the last hour, so I can definitely buy some sort of blendiness accusation there….I could also, however, buy an attempt by TH to redirect discussion away from Epi's attention suck and onto other things….
And this is not untrue. Discussing only a few players ad nausea makes for a boring thread and makes it easier for baddies to blend in. I saw Hedgeowl pull the "always reading, commenting from afar" technique to great effect as a puppetmaster baddie in the Doctor Who game and I will never forget.
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 199

Post by Cobalt »

Oh btw I'm a guy I figured I would clear that up.

@Epi are you actually going to vote Long Con?

@Sloonei if you want SVS lynched why haven't you made an actual case? You seem content to just ask people questions and put pressure on without actually committing to any of your own reads. Why is that?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote:
timmer wrote:

SVS is only "the one" for me when i've narrowed it down to those three options, and since i made that declaration I think i've actually moved hack toward Cobalt. I'll probably wait to see how others vote before I decide myself.

But as for SVS, I was swayed by her most recent responses in the thread, which did almost nothing to dismiss the suspicions against her. They felt like relatively passive posts, and nothing in them made me feel good about her.
I can point to specifics later if needed.
I'd like to see some specifics. What do you mean by her posts feeling passive? More importantly can you show how her passiveness equates to her badness? It feels like a lot of people have a strong opinion on SVS already, but she's still a null read for me.

linki: Cobalt I think Sloonei hasn't made a case yet because, as he stressed, he's posting mainly from his phone. Hopefully he can elaborate though.
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

We have like less than 8 hours from the deadline. I'm sticking with Long Con unless everyone actually decides to commit to someone else and make a case.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Are votes changeable?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Cobalt wrote:Oh btw I'm a guy I figured I would clear that up.

@Sloonei if you want SVS lynched why haven't you made an actual case? You seem content to just ask people questions and put pressure on without actually committing to any of your own reads. Why is that?
Because it's Day 1. I am asking questions to help develop reads on players. This is simply how I play, as I've stated already and which others have vouched for.
I can post my read on SVS, though I don't think I'll be saying anything new. I've not said anything extensive about her because others have already cased her pretty thoroughly and I was waiting for her responses to those. She responded this morning and it did not look good in my eyes. reasons forthcoming
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote:
Canucklehead wrote: - TH, our knight errant, comes pricking onto the plain with his sword directed at Hedgeowl's heart. I had no recollection of Hedgie's posts, and I just read them within the last hour, so I can definitely buy some sort of blendiness accusation there….I could also, however, buy an attempt by TH to redirect discussion away from Epi's attention suck and onto other things….
And this is not untrue. Discussing only a few players ad nausea makes for a boring thread and makes it easier for baddies to blend in.
this is the truest post in the thread so far. A limited discussion, especially on Day 1, is the worst thing a Town can do to itself.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Sloonei wrote:

Because it's Day 1. I am asking questions to help develop reads on players. This is simply how I play, as I've stated already and which others have vouched for.
I can post my read on SVS, though I don't think I'll be saying anything new. I've not said anything extensive about her because others have already cased her pretty thoroughly and I was waiting for her responses to those. She responded this morning and it did not look good in my eyes. reasons forthcoming
So do you want to vote her today or what?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

So do you want to vote her today or what?
Maybe. We have 8 hours.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

Turnip Head wrote:Are votes changeable?
Just checked. Yes.
Cobalt
Stool Pigeon

Post by Cobalt »

What would I have to explain to you guys in order to appear less suspicious? While I mentioned what I mentioned to see who would react to it, I didn't want my playstyle this game to have the adverse effect of looking scummy, which apparently it has a bit.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Voted.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

@Tiny bubbles, I hope to see more of an effort to come up with your own thoughts in the game, soon.

I've gotten a bit pinged by DF's posts in the game so far, they sound a bit "post to sound like you're posting, to me". Food for thought for later.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Cobalt wrote:What would I have to explain to you guys in order to appear less suspicious? While I mentioned what I mentioned to see who would react to it, I didn't want my playstyle this game to have the adverse effect of looking scummy, which apparently it has a bit.
You could go over your reasons one more time for voting LC. Your early posts about him were very jokey "imma get revenge"-y but you went ahead and voted him, so either you are fine with your vote being placed on him for silly reasons, or you actually have non-silly reasons. Maybe elabo on that?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Cobalt wrote:What would I have to explain to you guys in order to appear less suspicious? While I mentioned what I mentioned to see who would react to it, I didn't want my playstyle this game to have the adverse effect of looking scummy, which apparently it has a bit.
In fact, I'll put it more bluntly. You voted Long Con for apparently jokey reasons. Then you started referring to him as scummy, to bolster your vote on him. You've said about three times in different posts that you are going to get around to fully explaining your views on Long Con. BUT YOU NEVER HAVE. instead, though, you've made a handful of big posts mostly discussing MP and Devin.

So i see a problem, there. Please discuss why you keep saying you will explain your thinking on Long Con but never do.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

in the meantime, having just reread your posts, I'm feeling comfy enough with my thoughts on you to lay down a vote.
My siggie.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

S~V~S wrote:I am still catching up as well, I am a tad demoralized I guess. But it is what it is. I have never been afraid of saying what was on my mind, and i don't much worry about how I sound when I am a civ. After taking a day off, I can look at all of this with clearer eyes I think. Apologies to Dom.
This paragraph feels too much like a player making excuses for herself. SVS was absent for a long time while being accused and returns claiming to feel "demoralized", which is not a reaction I would expect from a typical townie (noting again that I've got no familiarity with SVS).
Cobalt, other than saying I am not a fan of people being aggressive on freaking day zero over trivia like word choice, what exactly pings you? Someone said earlier that I was buddying up top LC, and I assuredly was not. Long experience with LC tells me that that makes him intensely suspicious of ones motives. Buddying up to LC would be a weak manoeuver, but the person who said it was new to us, iirc. So they might not know that about LC.

The one person I have seen buddying seems to have been Golden, who spent a lot of time gazing at Epi with adoring eyes. That may have changed, I am not totally caught up.

I will look for the case on LC before I go to work~ I hope it's more than word choice, lol. My read on him was shaken by Flash, so i am more likely to rely on the cases of others for him, rather than my own gut. I will probably hold my vote till later n case I need to save, since telling Epi he is full of shit seems to make people think I am bad (and he IS full of shit, people, he is, lol~ even if he is a civ, which is possible). If I did not have to save, I would be considering a vote for Golden, but as I said, I am not 100% caught up since my last post. This was my impression as of Monday.
The rest of thos post is fair and she defends and explains herself fairly well but it doesn't do much for me because it does not address any of the things I wanted her to address (mostly MP's enormous post).
S~V~S wrote:
timmer wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Gumshoe & I both used the word "Interesting" as well.

I can't speak for LC or Gumshoe, but I thought todays discussion WAS interesting. You did not find it so, Epi? Out of all that discussion the only thing that caught your eye was one word?

This feels somewhat distractionary to me. Either you don't want people to talk about the other discussion today, or maybe you're doing some rather fancy distancing with LC, since it is unlikely that he is going to get lynched over "interesting". Or maybe you are just doing some standard issue Epi mind games and intentionally enigmatic crap. Not sure which, maybe all, maybe none.
I disagree with this. ^ I'm a lover of finding minute little pings in posts. nothing wrong with Epig going after word choices, even on Day 0. Doesn't make SVS bad for saying what she did, but I disagree.
No, you're right. But he makes it sound so...horrible. When you do it it feels reasonable, when he does it it seems demagogue-ish. Huey Long like, I guess. And he knows (I hope) that this is said in a gameplay sense, not a real person sense. More than anyone I know, his game face and his real face are the most diverse. Sometimes it is hard to take that into account on my part, which is a failure of mine, not his. I need to learn to laugh him off, roll my eyes and move on. But for some reason I find it hard to do that. I am thinking I need to take a long break, or maybe even quit Mafia, tbh. I have always had that kind of reaction to that sort of aggression, maybe it's a "protect the Underdog complex. But lashing out at people for it has gotten me into trouble for years.
This post, along with the paragraph in the above one, is where my "passive" label comes from. SVS seems like she's making excuses, acknowledging that the suspicions against her have merit and simply shrugging off the notion of it. I'd prefer a stronger and more direct response about her behavior, whatever that may be.

Basically I was expecting more from SVS in response to the cases against her. That may be totally unfair of me, but for now I feel at least decent enough about this case to be considering a vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

what are your thoughts on the individual players who are currently suspicious of you?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Also, Cobalt, if votes are changeable, are you considering changing your vote to somebody else?

I had assumed votes were not changeable and have been holding on to my vote very carefully.. This changes things, I guess.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Post by Golden »

DFaraday wrote:
I would have, because she has mentioned it the last two times and been telling the truth. I was actually waiting to see if she would.

@canuck - my ot remark to bwt was because I just subbed in for him in economics and won partly because he bussed a teammate. Just a genuine thank you.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Looks like that pinged a few people, which is interesting, because I have been waiting for that post and was intending to raise a suspicion of TB if she did NOT claim to be town lol.

For comparison...

Economics
TinyBubbles wrote:I'm a good guy, but I don't really expect you to just take my word for it (unless that's how it works around here? In which case I'm sorry I didn't post earlier! Lol)
Omerta
TinyBubbles wrote:And I'm a good guy of course. Just once I would love to play the villain though maybe its for the best, as even in fallout 3 I couldn't bring myself to nuke tenpenny tower.
I don't think it's necessarily a sign she is civilian, but I think she's created a situation where she has to claim to be.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

sig wrote:saying they aren't very good at catching mafia until they play as mafia.
And she also said that in one of those games.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:TinyBubbles's recent posts look a lot like her posts from the Economics game, where she was a civilian. That is as much as I can say about her right now.
They look remarkably similar actually. If she is bad, she is putting out a very concerted effort to appear the same. In some ways it's like she is word for word using some of the same phrases. Which, despite my last few posts, does leave me wondering if that is the idea...
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

@Sloonei re: SVS the thing is, I've seen her shrug off some suspicion of her like that in just about every game I've played with her recently. So far I think she would have said the things she's said regardless of her role or alignment. I don't think it points to her being bad but I can understand where your suspicion comes from because she hasn't addressed concerns that you have.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:
Sloonei wrote:TinyBubbles's recent posts look a lot like her posts from the Economics game, where she was a civilian. That is as much as I can say about her right now.
They look remarkably similar actually. If she is bad, she is putting out a very concerted effort to appear the same. In some ways it's like she is word for word using some of the same phrases. Which, despite my last few posts, does leave me wondering if that is the idea...
Did I not say earlier that a person who's too ordinary is alarming? hm...
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey all I am at the airport don't have much time

I do not like SVS posts since she has come back

I understand if she's feeling demoralized but she STILL hasn't acknowledged me at all

I am voting for her right now and I implore others to highly consider it

Return to “Previous Jobs”