50%

Total votes: 8
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: [Day 8] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Between Bass and Cobalt i'd vote Bass. i honestly don't understand why Cobalt is being regarded with such suspicion.
I think it's mostly his attitude and lying early game that gave him that reputation. He's been rather aggressive but I'm attributing it to his play style. It's a messy one
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Between Bass and Cobalt i'd vote Bass. i honestly don't understand why Cobalt is being regarded with such suspicion.
I think it's mostly his attitude and lying early game that gave him that reputation. He's been rather aggressive but I'm attributing it to his play style. It's a messy one
the attitude i don't much care about. could you briefly describe his lie to me though? i recall him surviving the lynch, but it's still hard to keep the context straight without having been through it myself.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:
the attitude i don't much care about. could you briefly describe his lie to me though? i recall him surviving the lynch, but it's still hard to keep the context straight without having been through it myself.
I'm not at home so I'm not combing through his post history but basically the gist was:
Day 2 as votes start piling on him he brags that he doesn't care because Long Con is going to die instead, as if his ability could transfer a lynch.
End of day, no one is lynched.
He starts freaking out and saying that LC should've died, but something happened to block him.
Then the next day after people called it an info dump, he says that he did indeed lie about the lynch change. And as far as I remember that wasn't really talked about again. Hope I'm not butchering that too much

nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

I agree with this, looking back at the case on Bass, his posts, and his voting record.

I looked back at Cobalt, too. One of the major reasons I've been after him is not simply the abrasive manner, but for what I believed to be a lie about his Day 1 vote. For some reason I was having a change of heart about him today until I looked back at his voting record:

Day 1 - Votes SVS (indy), claims he would've switched back to vote LC ten minutes after the poll ended but was too busy.
Day 2 - Votes LC, survives lynch
Day 3 - Votes LC on the day sig (Baddie Team Webber) was lynched
Day 4 - Votes LC (Baddie Team Wildhorn)
Day 5 - Votes MM (the only vote) on the day G-Man (Baddie Team Webber) was lynched
Day 6 - Votes Black Rock, TinyBubbles is lynched
Day 7 - Votes Black Rock (corrupted, likely Team Wildhorn according to night book puzzle)

I thought it was the Day 1 vote fiasco that pinned him as bad for me, but he did eventually vote LC out several times. However, the dude has avoided voting Team Webber completely and I don't even know how I didn't notice it before (maybe it was the abrasive manner as a distraction!). You sly devil :clap: I will be voting for you now.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

have we explored the in-thread relationship between Cobalt and G-Man/sig yet? it would seem his interactions with LC were a frequent matter of discussion, but i don't know about the Team Webber side of the equation. i know Sloonei did a lot of interactive dynamics analysis, i'll check his history.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [Day 0] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei did highlight a couple tidbits about Cobalt w/r/t G-Man that inspire a :ponder:
Sloonei wrote:Cobalt:
Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
XthAtGAm3RGuYX wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Hey Gamer Guy what do you make of this day zero?
Jesus Toast all around.

Personally I don't really start playing until day 2. I work better with hard facts and analytical data. Occasionally the classic freduian slip. For now none of this shit really means anything, but it may be useful in hindsight later down the road. I've mostly been skimming because I make a conscious effort not to engage in day 0. Gotten myself in trouble quite few times because I thought I would be smartass in one way or another.
This post keeps worrying me every time my eyes pass over it. I know every player has theirnown style, and i've certainly seen this particular style used effectively by townies (i do it sometimes myself), I never like a player giving themselves an excuse not to be active at any stage in the thread. GamerGuy has a few posts like this already. I am not saying that this strategy is dishonest or that his internet problems are not real, but I Refuse to give him a pass just because of these posts.
Tell us if you have any thoughts, Mr Gamer.
As far as I've experienced that's classic TGG, and before anyone jumps down my throat saying "defending him" and "interesting" I'm just pointing out things based on my prior knowledge and don't have a lean on him in either direction.

He's already defended himself just fine.
Cobalt wrote:
G-Man wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
timmer wrote:
Golden wrote:Cobalt has been insanified :haha:
I just to that part. Sometimes, an insanifier is just the right thing, isn't it? :haha:
literally eat purple woman asshole
:haha: Oh man, it's been so long since I've seen an insanifier. A curse for the insanified but a blessing for everyone else!
honeytongued go fuck yourself
Cobalt wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Cobalt wrote:
Sloonei wrote:While we're all trying to interpret that End of Night post, what do we make of those two hooded figures shaking hands? Did they conspire to save me? Hoods are an inherently evil clothing item, so I dunno
idk why dont you tell us scumnei
are you trying to call me scum here?
not if you help me FINALLY lynch long con today

what i don't understand is if people like Epi think me and LC are teammates then it's beneficial to kill both of us so let's just start with Long Con mmkay?
Why not lynch G-Man today?
Cuz my vote isn't changeable and not for nothing but I feel bad lynching someone when they're incapable of properly defending themselves.
Cobalt wrote:inb4 G-Man either bombs or somehow survives this phase
Not looking too good here. Cobalt's only mention of Gamerguy is a post where he defends him, that gets preemptively over-defensive about defending him, and then defends him some more. His interactions involving G-man are minimal. He posted a vague and ultimately empty warning about G-man having a trick up his sleeve, and also mentions that he doesn't support a lynch of G-man at some point on some day where G-man's unable to defend himself, I assume that's when he's insanified, I dunno I'm exhausted and a little bit drunk, I shouldn't be trying to do this much analysis right now. Cobalt doesn't sparkle here.
Cobalt's post history is pretty extensive and G-Man was a topic of much discussion for multiple phases. i'd have expected more content from Cobalt on the issue than this. it's not ideal that he spoke so vaguely of G-Man .

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sig however seemed to be staunchly anti-Cobalt for much of his lifespan in this game. it could be called bussing, and it's interesting that he often linked him directly with LC. still, it has to be acknowledged then that if Colbalt is with Team Webber, then his co-conspirator angled decently hard for his death quite early in the game.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

i think much of Bass's most suspicious content is related to Long Con, suggesting a connection to the other mafia team. so it's not out of the question that both answers are right here. of course we shouldn't narrow our focus solely to Bass and Cobalt.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

I wouldn't mind seeing Cobalt or Bass lynched.

But Devin has to go. :srsnod:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing Cobalt or Bass lynched.

do i stand to gain something by helping you pursue your win condition?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm voting Cobalt. Y'all have rechanged my mind.

I'll be around tomorrow to chat.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing Cobalt or Bass lynched.

do i stand to gain something by helping you pursue your win condition?
I've got a bottle of suds right now. My win condition is being taken care of as we speak. :beer:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm voting Cobalt. Y'all have rechanged my mind.

I'll be around tomorrow to chat.
what inspired the rechange of your mind

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

To be more specific, nijuu's vote analysis is telling.

Also, per JJJ's revelation that sig was quite anti-Cobalt, this lines up with the fact that Cobalt did survive a lynch on Day 2. Why not try to get a teammate lynched who will survive a lynch?

Linki: Just explained it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:i think much of Bass's most suspicious content is related to Long Con, suggesting a connection to the other mafia team. so it's not out of the question that both answers are right here. of course we shouldn't narrow our focus solely to Bass and Cobalt.
Well the fact that Long Con's team tried to kill him was a pretty big indicator that he's not on team Wildhorn.

Have you had a chance to look into splints yet, JJJ? I've made some notes at home but want to know hat you think.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:i think much of Bass's most suspicious content is related to Long Con, suggesting a connection to the other mafia team. so it's not out of the question that both answers are right here. of course we shouldn't narrow our focus solely to Bass and Cobalt.
Well the fact that Long Con's team tried to kill him was a pretty big indicator that he's not on team Wildhorn.

Have you had a chance to look into splints yet, JJJ? I've made some notes at home but want to know hat you think.
oh i must have missed that re: Bass.

i'll check out splints now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I think it makes sense to vote Cobalt today. Even if he isn't a baddie, I'm willing to bet my left butt cheek that he won't be an important civ, but instead most likely independent.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Here's a quick fingersplints[/i] ISO.
fingersplints wrote:
Golden wrote:splints - where is she?

getting lynched in a different game. I feel really bad, and apologize to the other players and Dom. I absolutely love this theme and I haven't been giving this game the attention it deserves. I've been skimming, so going to reread properly from the beginning. :) might not finish until sometime tomorrow

this probably doesn't mean much either way, but i'd like to vouch for her here. she was playing in RYM game #86 with us, defending herself hard in the face of certain doom. we probably didn't leave her much time to play this game. on RYM we tend to interrogate long and hard, especially when a lynch deadline is fast approaching. so i won't dock any points for splints' slow start in this game.

Somewhat large post in which splints discusses Bass, Cobalt, and LC

on Day 2 as splints was still working to acclimate herself with the game, she selected Cobalt as the more suspicious party in the Cobalt/LC dynamic. i am not inclined to lambaste her for this primarily because she might not have been wrong about Cobalt. however, it still does stand as a soft defense of LC and if that becomes a trend it'll be more troubling.

fingersplints wrote:I'm voting Bass too now. I want to go to bed and I also think he is bad. He didn't even acknowledge my last post about him, so hopefully he will now. :)

splints made 16 posts during Day 2 (or at least that's how many posts have the "Day 2" header, so there's margin for error there), and she dedicated a quarter of them to casting some kind of suspicion upon Bass. her Day 2 vote reflected this, but it came at a point when Cobalt was already magnetizing almost everyone else's vote. it was a throwaway and did not influence the outcome. she has not voted for Bass again since that point (unless i am missing a changeable vote somewhere).

fingersplints wrote:
Golden wrote:One thing I can say for sure... I think my concept of bubbles/LC/G-Man/sig as a possible team is definitely wrong.

LC, bubbles and sig have all been far too happy to vote for each other for it to make sense.

The one who I most believe to be bad is G-Man, but thats the one I can't vote for.

It seems like it is going to be sig or bubbles at this point and I am deciding which I feel worse about.
I think that bubbles frustration is genuine. This game is probably really intense for her. That doesn't really clear her though.
I also think that the sig case is pretty good.

I don't really like that bass voted for himself when he had two already. whats with self voting on day 3 :shrug2: I was considering voting there too

splints lends a little vague support to the case against sig here. i'd like it more had she referenced something specific about the case that swayed her, but it is at least the correct answer. she still seems to favor Bass for a vote at this point though as can be noted in the last sentence.

fingersplints wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Anyone else around and want to weigh in? We've got two hours left until the deadline, which is still plenty of time. All things are on the table. I'll re-ask this question:
Sloonei wrote:Do people earnestly think and TB are the top suspects, or are you just considering them because they're the two with votes?

TB is not my top suspect. I think you missed the first name since it says nothing before the and? sig? I think the points you guys made on him make a lot of senese, and his lynch seems most beneficial at this point because I am feeling better about TB the more she posts. sig's posts have been less convincing.

Are you suspicious of anyone else at the moment?

bass and gman

she continues the crusade against Bass, but more importantly in this post she casts suspicion upon G-Man. i like this primarily because it comes soon after she jumps on board with the case against sig. if she is a member of the G-Man/sig mafia team, then her distancing on Day 3 was bold and effective. this of course doesn't preclude her from being aligned with the other mafia team, but it's a small point in her favor. she hadn't really voiced suspicion of very many people to this point, so let's acknowledge that two of them were the two dead members of Team Webber.

fingersplints wrote:
Golden wrote:I think it's really because we are in a bit of a holding pattern. We need a lynch or two to get some info and get us moving again.

This. I will leave my bass suspicion until tomorrow. I'm voting sig.

splints, could you explain why you were willing to delay your Bass case at this point and pursue a sig lynch instead? i don't think it's a bad look for you, but i'd like to be clearer on your thought process.

fingersplints wrote:I voted and then saw this post.
Epignosis wrote:However this goes, I would advise against ending the Day in a tie.

:puppy: I just made it a tie

fingersplints wrote:I'm not convinced LC is a civvie, but I can't see Gman being one at all. I don't have a lot of time tonight and am not sure I will be around much more before the lynch

this is probably the most interesting period of splints' post history. on Day 4 when eventually LC was lynched and flipped mafia, splints lent him significant aid in the tally. she didn't speak in his favor, but she tied the vote 5-5 between LC and G-Man. it would seem it was quite plausible at this point for G-Man to be lynched instead. this lends further support to the notion that splints is unlikely to be a member of Team Webber, but it could also tie her more closely with Team Wildhorn. she actually said nothing whatsoever about LC during this phase, and very little about him prior to it. this is something she is going to have to talk about, because it's not a great look.

fingersplints wrote:Just woke up didn't realize the poll ended then. Sorry I have a hard time keeping track of the time that way. poll gives me time in my time zone :P

I voted bubbles. I know she commented on her playing being off, but I still think it's off because she hasn't been bad before.

somewhat surprising move. earlier in the game when Bubbles had drawn some heat, splints was softly defensive of her. so i am not sure what changed her mind enough to warrant this Day 5 vote. Bubbles was probably a pretty easy target and i am always wary of opportunistic moves like this one might be.

fingersplints' final votes for reference:

Day 1 - none
Day 2 - Bass (19th vote, Cobalt lynch was well decided already)
Day 3 - sig (21st vote, it was already a landslide for sig)
Day 4 - G-Man (15th vote, tied the tally at 5-5 between G-Man and Long Con. LC was eventually lynched)
Day 5 - G-Man (11th vote, it was already a landslide for G-Man)
Day 6 - none
Day 7 - Black Rock (11th vote, gave BR a 4-2 lead over Cobalt)

~~~

overall, i think there's at least a decent case to be made that splints is aligned with Team Wildhorn. it'd be a lot harder, but not impossible, to link her to Team Webber.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

cot damned underline code failure

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

I vote late in almost every game I play.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

My suspects are still Cobalt and Nutella.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I will say if you guys choose to lynch me you will be lynching a civ so why not skip that and vote either Nutella or Cobalt.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I am voting Cobalt. Happy Friday everyone.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

i believe we have 3 hours before the deadline? does anyone have late comments to add?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:I will say if you guys choose to lynch me you will be lynching a civ so why not skip that and vote either Nutella or Cobalt.
i can do absolutely nothing with this post and am inclined to proceed as if it had never existed. :|

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I will say if you guys choose to lynch me you will be lynching a civ so why not skip that and vote either Nutella or Cobalt.
i can do absolutely nothing with this post and am inclined to proceed as if it had never existed. :|
Sorry man I have said why I think both are bad. If I had time I would explain again but its Friday and I have shit to do. If you will like I deserve to be lynch please lynch me I have cool with that. You will be lynching a civ and maybe you can see who all jumps on the bandwagon and go from there.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sorry man I have said why I think both are bad. If I had time I would explain again but its Friday and I have shit to do. If you will like I deserve to be lynch please lynch me I have cool with that. You will be lynching a civ and maybe you can see who all jumps on the bandwagon and go from there.
Wow just read over this and realized how many errors there are.
Sorry man I have said why I think both are bad. If I had time I would explain again but its Friday and I have shit to do. If you think I deserve to be lynch please lynch me I'm cool with that. You will be lynching a civ and maybe you can see who all jumps on the bandwagon and go from there.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

i may join the Cobalt wagon. i'll mull over it a bit longer. he has been a point of contention for the whole game and it'd be beneficial to move on from that either way.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

this period is a good opportunity for real-time discourse as we approach the end of the day phase. is anyone around? a lot of the most useful evidence comes to light under the pressure of a looming deadline.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:this period is a good opportunity for real-time discourse as we approach the end of the day phase. is anyone around? a lot of the most useful evidence comes to light under the pressure of a looming deadline.
I'm here, but I already voted.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:this period is a good opportunity for real-time discourse as we approach the end of the day phase. is anyone around? a lot of the most useful evidence comes to light under the pressure of a looming deadline.
yeah and i get the feeling you'll be all alone on that vote. has Devin done something you perceive as suspicious, or is it really related to your role? and if it is related to your role, are you even allowed to talk about that publicly?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
yeah and i get the feeling you'll be all alone on that vote. has Devin done something you perceive as suspicious, or is it really related to your role? and if it is related to your role, are you even allowed to talk about that publicly?
I talk about whatever I want, when I want. :srsnod:

And sometimes I get drunk and vote for a guy just to see what will happen. :derp:

And sometimes I vote because I need the guy dead to win. :eye:

And sometimes I lie. :dark:

One of the above things is true. If Devin gets lynched though, I won't feel bad. Not at all. :shrug:

Is there something else you wanted to ask me? :confused:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

gonna assume then that Devin is irrelevant to your role and the vote was motivated by other things -- maybe alcohol. maybe boredom. maybe an excuse to skate out of meaningful conversation.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:gonna assume then that Devin is irrelevant to your role and the vote was motivated by other things -- maybe alcohol. maybe boredom. maybe an excuse to skate out of meaningful conversation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWeJ9p42ufg

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I love ELO.

And Eloh.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

scotty, what are your thoughts on splints?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

*scratches arse*

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 121

Post by S~V~S »

DFaraday wrote:I think Scotty makes a good case on Bass, but I'd want to hear from Bass before deciding. For me it's between Bass and Cobalt, since I think Ninja acquitted herself fairly well.
Holy Cow, I had no idea you were playing! (Take that punctuation hater!!!)

Exactly what about her defense was so persuasive to you? The part where it was really similar to Black Rocks defense, or the part where it was pretty much the same as Black Rocks defense? :confused2:

I don't think Cobalt is bad, and I have a huge Bass-shaped blindspot that makes everything he says sound sincere to me. It's a strange affliction.

I am going to vote for Ninjabloopy. I think she is an evil squid.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

S~V~S, could you please draw specific parallels between the defenses of Black Rock and ninja which lead you to make that comparison? on the surface i don't see them as being terribly similar.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I talk about whatever I want, when I want. :srsnod:

And sometimes I get drunk and vote for a guy just to see what will happen. :derp:

And sometimes I vote because I need the guy dead to win. :eye:

And sometimes I lie. :dark:

One of the above things is true. If Devin gets lynched though, I won't feel bad. Not at all. :shrug:

Is there something else you wanted to ask me? :confused:
I often feel like Epi 2.0 is that dude selling watches on his person. Who knows what he's wearing under that trenchcoat? I do want to know, but I also...don't know if I'm ready for that kind of relationship yet.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:scotty, what are your thoughts on splints?
I followed splints' votes primarily and read your posting on her. I agree with most points. And just looking on the surface at the voting records doesn't really paint her in a negative light.
Actually you jogged my memory on her posts on Cobalt vs. LC, where she didn't really defend or accuse LC or Cobalt. It's just "silly jokes".
Yesterday she put an insurance vote on BlackRock instead of adding to a potential Cobalt train. When (and if) Cobalt is lynched it will give me more info on their relationship.
Looking through a lens where she is team Wildhorn, we can see some interesting things.

She discussed sig in a sig vs. bubbles post, at a point where sig had borderline given up. Her bandwagoning of sig late and calling him out does nothing of favor imo.
That BR vote sounds most incongruent, since she would have known BR was corrupted. But I'm gonna look more into that if Cobalt flips good.
And while I do think it is a possibility that she could be Team Webber, I do not think this is the case.
fingersplints wrote:I'm not convinced LC is a civvie, but I can't see Gman being one at all. I don't have a lot of time tonight and am not sure I will be around much more before the lynch
Saying "I think A, but I REALLY think B more." She avoided voting or really fingering LC as a baddie, voting GMan. Her voting isn't Team Webber friendly, like you discussed in your post.
And then she makes a tie on Day 4 with her GMan vote away from LC.

That looks not good on her.

Then when LC is lynched, she does a little GMan redirection in the same breath as her group congratulations on lynching LC:
fingersplints wrote:Glad we got a baddie! I still think that Gman would have been a good lynch too
At first I thought that she looked pretty neutral/slight civ based on votes, but after reading into it, I actually am leaning moderate mafia.

There's a slight chain here for several people for me. Cobalt's alignment will help me dictate what I think about splints' alignment, as well as like 3 other people. Flipping Bass will do that as well for both splints and nutella.

Scotty
Jeff

Re: [Day 2] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Scotty »

Posting this again for reference later:
Cobalt wrote:Tbh I don't sound civvy cuz I'm being lazy and I don't know you guys.

@Niijukysuajxjdudjsjaj: you make good points, but I don't know what else to say while I'm at work and unable to formulate a long response other than that I'm civilian.

Also, guys, if you lynch me today, Long Con will be lynched and I won't be. That's a hard fact. Either vote for him, or for someone else besides me. This is a civ ability.

@LC I actually thought that whole "interesting" argument was dumb. I had other reasons if you look back in my posts.

tell y'all what - if you don't lynch me today, I'll post a super huge legacy post of how I view every single player in the game so far. I know I agreed to do this if I decided to eat a lynch, but that was to bait votes onto me so that Long Con would die. Up to you if you want me to do that or not.
He never did do that legacy post. Shame.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

8/18 votes an hour before deadline. This is just sad, people :sigh:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Okay, so there are pretty strong cases that Bass, Cobalt, and Splints are bad. Bass and Cobalt look like they'd be on Team Webber, and Splints looks like Team Wildhorn. At this point I'm feeling about equally confident in all three cases, so I'm relatively equally willing to lynch any of the three. My inclination is, because tonight is Wildhorn's kill, that it should be priority today to vote for Splints. But when I think about it, she's probably not the last member of the team, there is probably one more left, so it's not like lynching her would prevent the kill, right? So actually the order doesn't really matter... whatever, I will be voting for one of the three, and it looks like Cobalt is the most likely at this point. Just wondering if anyone else had this thought though -- I find the Splints case really very compelling, and if there is much of a chance that she's the last member left, it would behoove us to get rid of her before the even night. But as it stands that doesn't seem super likely and I'd be happy to lynch Cobalt as well.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Scotty wrote:8/18 votes an hour before deadline. This is just sad, people :sigh:
Why? I like to wait until the last hour or so if I can. I like to make as informed a decision as possible. I get the sentiment though, there has been too much inactivity this game :/
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

one thing i know about splints is that when she is town, she has an awesome skill for self-defense. and i want to give her that chance. because while there are some interesting points against her, i don't think there are damning points. and the interactive dynamics that might link her to Team Wildhorn could also be asserted to exist for some other players (links to either mafia team).

i do like that you're conscious of the night kill schedule though nutella. that's a good mindset to have in this setup.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yeah, I guess I would feel bad voting her now since the case just came up and she hasn't gotten a chance to defend. Besides it's getting close and there's probably not going to be much more discussion. Gonna vote cobalt.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

i just voted Bass. this feels like a decently important lynch and i don't want it to be decided by a landslide if it doesn't have to be. that's too easy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:one thing i know about splints is that when she is town, she has an awesome skill for self-defense. and i want to give her that chance. because while there are some interesting points against her, i don't think there are damning points. and the interactive dynamics that might link her to Team Wildhorn could also be asserted to exist for some other players (links to either mafia team).

i do like that you're conscious of the night kill schedule though nutella. that's a good mindset to have in this setup.
I think nutella has responded well to my heat of her, and right now her mindset does seem more civ-like than splints, but I agree- I also want to hear from her before just flat out voting her. (I know she's in the UK and is probably sleeping right now, which is unfair)

We did hear from Bass, though, and his comments didn't do anything for me.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

No takers on Devin?

Too bad.

I'm drinking alone. :beer:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Dom »

Act One, Scene Eight

ENTER COBALT

ENTER JURY SR, CROSS, EXIT SL.

ENTER EXECUTIONER.

THE EXECUTIONER HANGS COBALT.

Cobalt has been lynched. He was parade. You have 24 hours to get your Pms in.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”