50%

Total votes: 8
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: [Day 10] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

The tally seems to have been pushed back an hour later from where it had normally sat at earlier when I was in the game. This is good, I thought we were approaching the final minutes before the deadline.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The thing that made me reconsider Neverwhere as bad the most was her interaction with G-Man, but I think Sloonei has done well to show why that probably shouldn't be so important. G-Man seemed to enter the game as dead meat.

I feel more comfortable lynching Neverwhere than nutella. Anyone who follows my lead: I take full responsibility for whatever happens. I think it's the best move.
Oh, I actually thought Neverwhere's interaction with G-man was pretty telling. Yes, he entered the game as dead meat, but Neverwhere had not taken a firm stance with anyone until that point, and she did it with G-man right away, about a topic that wasn't necessarily related to the content of his posts. With tunnel vision turned on, I can easily see this as a scum player distancing themselves from a teammate.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:But everyone seems to have left, rendering the discussion of other things unattainable.
Give me a topic. We can conquer the whole page if we must.
You said you've got some town vibes from a few of nijuu's posts. Which posts in particular gave you these vibes and why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:The tally seems to have been pushed back an hour later from where it had normally sat at earlier when I was in the game. This is good, I thought we were approaching the final minutes before the deadline.
The Watchmen game was just in EOD. Hopefully some of the action shifts over to this EOD now.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:But everyone seems to have left, rendering the discussion of other things unattainable.
Give me a topic. We can conquer the whole page if we must.
You said you've got some town vibes from a few of nijuu's posts. Which posts in particular gave you these vibes and why?
I covered a lot of this in my analysis of her defenses against your cases. Review that and tell me where you disagree.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

There's also this analytic response to your case. I'd like to hear your thoughts on that too.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: [Day 0] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:This seems to be ninja's primary defensive post in the face of Sloonei's suspicion, broken up so I can address individual points:
nijuukyugou wrote:I don't want to quote Sloonei's entire case again because it was a real pain in the ass to format and re-format, but I will respond to points he brought up about me. For your convenience, his case can be re-read here for those of you who keep claiming you're going to "look up the case on Blooper again."

Reading through this case, I'm not even sure what team Sloonei is trying to peg me on, because neither team makes any sense. He said my interactions with G-Man and sig "do not paint me in a favorable light." So if he's making the claim that I'm on Team Webber, then he's also asserting that I threw not one, but TWO teammates under the bus without even trying to defend them. I don't count giving G-Man, a player who just subbed in, one day's grace as a defense. Even the host gave that to him. I also don't count not mentioning sig except later in an unfavorable way as a defense. And I sure as shit don't count VOTING FOR TWO PEOPLE ON MY "SUPPOSED TEAM" as a good way to play mafia. It doesn't matter if they were later votes. It would still be two supposed teammates. That's poor, lazy, and cruel team playing, and I'm not any one of those things.
I get the impression that Sloonei was more inclined to suspect you as a Team Webber member than a Team Wildhorn member. He can correct me if not. I have two points to make about your Team Webber-based self-defenses.

1.) They're unfair. It isn't remotely uncommon for a mafia player to vote for two team mates, and when it happens it is neither poor, lazy, or cruel play. It is perfectly valid strategy, and it often works. So for you to insinuate that it is an absurdity to be faced with these accusations is frankly incorrect.

2.) Your candor and language move me more than your logic. Your comments read to me like a frustrated townie who feels like the case against her is bunk (even if it is not bunk) who is lashing out. Mafia players are obviously capable of mimicking this manner of frustration, so it's up to everyone else to make a judgment call. And I think you read like a townie here.
My judgment call is not the same as yours here.
nijuukyugou wrote:If he's trying to peg me on Team Wilhorn, that's also nonsensical. I made a crazy tie-up vote Day 1 for LC a) to amuse myself and b) because I (rightly) believed LC was bad. I would never throw a teammate under the bus on Day 1, especially with a vote that close. That's idiotic. AND I VOTED FOR HIM AGAIN because my mind did not change about him.
I agree that it would be harder to peg you as a member of Team Wildhorn. That doesn't mean it's "nonsensical" though. In Economics on Day 1, Birdwithteeth placed a very bold vote for his mafia team mate Bass that could have legitimately gotten him lynched. It didn't. If someone suspects you've done something similar with your Day 1 LC vote, they have every right to say so. That person is then charged with the task of delivering a believable case for why he/she feels that way, but again -- it's never "nonsensical". That is unreasonable of you.

And given that I have illustrated a decently parallel example that worked brilliantly for the mafia, you definitely can't justify calling the notion "idiotic". Just like I said before: anti-town players have done these things and they have been effective in countless mafia games throughout the history of the Internet.
nijuukyugou wrote:Sloonei himself admits to making this case with major tunnel vision turned on, and it looks like the logic sensor was turned off. One of his other major points is that I didn't mention enough suspicion of sig at the right time, and that sig's weird posts about me gave him pause. I've already addressed the first point. As for the second point, I will say it again as I said to Sloonei: this is precisely the kind of paranoid suspicion that sig was going for. He attempted to paint me in a bad light by lying about me (he said I switched up a vote when I haven't switched a vote all game, even since he was lynched), then buddy up as he was going down (and then buddy back down again) so I could look bad.
Regarding the part I highlighted: please show me. You don't have to restate old defenses, but if you could refer me back to the point where you addressed this that'd be super. Otherwise, most of the points Sloonei makes about sig's commentary and then your responses must all be seen as speculative to anyone who is not either sig or you. However, you do provide an important example of sig attempting to smear you (by accusing you of some kind of bad vote switch that didn't happen).
I addressed this here.

Sloonei: what is your response to that specific point of defense by ninja?
nijuukyugou wrote:Listen to logic, people. If you've ever played on a team with me before, you know I'm not a lazy player (especially since I have a crapload of free time right now!) and I avoid throwing teammates under the bus as much as possible, at the cost of my own thread reputation. This case is nonsensical, and while Sloonei made it with good intentions for the civs, it's wrong. That's all I hope I have to say on that. I'm gonna have a look at people who are really, suddenly eager to get on this case without actually getting on it. I'll return later with thoughts.
The case wasn't nonsensical. I am currently inclined to believe that your defenses are genuine, but that doesn't mean there's no case. Your own commentary about how you typically behave or would behave as a mafia member are honestly irrelevant, because there's no way anyone else can just take you at face value there. That's pure WIFOM.

I read you as more town than mafia, but not so securely as you seem to think is warranted.[/quote]I am not familiar with nijuukyugou, so I can't claim to know how she would typically respond to a case like this one, but her strong dismissal of it as "nonsense", and all the stuff about her rejection of the theory that she's on a team with sig/g-man, makes me feel like this reaction is not genuine, and that she's reaching to swat the case away rather than addressing things directly.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

uneditable formatting error :(
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:I am not familiar with nijuukyugou, so I can't claim to know how she would typically respond to a case like this one, but her strong dismissal of it as "nonsense", and all the stuff about her rejection of the theory that she's on a team with sig/g-man, makes me feel like this reaction is not genuine, and that she's reaching to swat the case away rather than addressing things directly.
I can understand your perspective. I don't know her style either so we're both left with our judgment calls, and as you said: we don't agree. I've found that some players are just a little cranky by nature when they are accused (particularly when accused repeatedly by one person). I think her behavior in defense against you seems to gel well enough with her conduct elsewhere in the game that I lean in favor of authenticity. She strikes me as a confident and capable player, and that type of player is probably more likely to be dismissive of cases against them regardless of alignment.

It's a tenuous gut read.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Sloonei, I've reviewed your old case against ninja and I do disagree with some of your perspectives. I don't think you're suspicious for having them, but I'm not sure you're being entirely fair in your treatment of her content. It looks to me like you might be reading her through the "find the mafia alignment in this player" lens rather than the "find out what alignment this player is" lens. I'll reference a few specifics, quoting only your own text for the sake of brevity.
Sloonei wrote:Her response to MP here reads a little bit like backtracking/covering her tracks. She admits to misrepresenting (whether intentionally or not) the truth in regards to her earlier post about the truce discussion and also provides an excuse for herself to get off to a slow start. However, she then starts to provide a few reads. However however, as has been noted a bunch of times throughout this game, with two scum teams, the baddies should be doing about as much scum hunting as the townies in this game, so her observations that Epi 1.0 seemed to be "genuinely baddie hunting" and that "LC's response looks too defensive" could just as likely have been made by a baddie, presumably a non-Wildhorn one. The three names she mentions here (Epi, SVS, Long Con) were the three that everyone had an opinion of on Day 1, so it would have been nice to see Ninja dig a little deeper for reads here.
The matter of the "truce" on Day 0 strikes me as meaningless -- from everyone involved. I don't really care about Devin, MP/Epi, or ninja's perspective of that, because it is such a tiny thing. Otherwise, you seem to be leading yourself in the direction of a mafia read with the underlined content. It is indeed likely that members of both mafia teams have engaged in some mafia hunting, but that doesn't mean this should be raised as a point against ninja. Otherwise it must be raised against everyone who has shown any effort to mafia hunt. I don't see the logic.

The point you make about her choices of people to discuss being unoriginal is a better one. It's also one that could be applied to a ton of people from the Day 0/1/2 era when the Cobalt/LC controversy seemed to be 90% of the thread.
These are all fair points, but the things you are commenting on are not major parts of my case anyway. The underlined bit in a particular was more me thinking out loud than anything else. I am similarly not interested in the content of the Day 0 truce stuff, and what I was trying to point out there was niju's behavior rather than any opinion that was stated.
Sloonei wrote:I can't help but now read this post as her leaving the door open on all three lynch possibilities, creating the freedom for herself to vote any one of the three lynch candidates from that day. The bigger middle paragraph where she runs through her reasoning about all three feels a bit contrived and doesn't seem to fit as well with her previous statement that she's excited to have "decent suspicion" of all three and is "okay with voting any of them". Immediately after saying this, she expresses that she's not actually okay with voting Cobalt, waffles a bit on SVS, and ultimately settles on Long Con because she "likes Epi's case". I feel like a town Ninja would not have been so quick to make a decision here, even with changeable votes. Her later comments about doing it for the "interesting reactions" also now comes back to me as not particularly fitting with the tone of this post, as it is suggested here that she at least feigned careful reasoning before voting, and was not just doing it to provoke others.
This is the point you made that inspired me to compile this post. I think there are a few problems with your reasoning. You started with "I can't help but now read this post as her leaving the door open on all three lynch possibilities", which is definitely true since she said exactly that in the very post you're talking about. You're "reading" her post to mean something, as if it's a veiled implication, when it was actually something she stated explicitly. Moreover, if her stated strategy of "generating reactions" for her LC vote is to be viewed with suspicion, I find myself wondering why? If she is Team Wildhorn, then she is bussing the crap out of her team mate on Day 1. If she is Team Webber, then why should she even need to employ this "generate reactions" method when all three lynch candidates are not on her team? She could just pick one regardless of how and when and be comfortable.
I'm pretty sure that's a typo in the post of mine, I meant to say "I can't help but not...", but that's not really relevant. What is relevant is that I find her strategy of generating reactions questionable because I do not believe it's really what she was doing. I never felt like that explanation matched the flavor of her vote, in real time or in retrospect. For instance, it took until I asked her to follow up on it on Day 5 for her to make any mention of the strategy again, and (as my case now hinges on in a lot of ways) I found the responses she claimed to have were questionable at best.
Sloonei wrote:I especially disagree with her when she says sig's reaction to her vote gave many people their "first real ping" about him. I know I first became suspicious of sig because of the way he handled his own vote that day. I did not even become wary of his response to niju's vote until after he had been lynched and I looked back through his posts, and the only reason it stood out to me was because of how strange he was acting towards niju in particular. I think it's also worth noting that she makes absolutely no mention of that sig ping in her big huge follow up post. She does spend a lot of time telling us why Cobalt is bad, though.
It must be said that ninja didn't claim "many" people's initial ping on sig was related to sig's take on ninja's LC vote. ninja actually asserted that this sig reaction was her own first ping "and others in their analyses". This doesn't imply majority, it only implies someone. If it can be verified that at least one other player referenced sig's response to ninja's LC vote as a suspicious thing, then I'm satisfied with that.

However, the point you make about ninja failing to mention this ping she had about sig in her large catch-up compilation is sound. ninja should answer to that now, even if she has already done so. I'd like to hear a fresh defense.
Yes, this is really the most important point I wish to make. I see no evidence in niju's posts that the reads she claims to have had are true.
Sloonei wrote:Lots of suspects, but still none named sig. She does offer support of Golden's G-man/Gamerguy theory, but she also remarks that it's "a bit of a stretch" and that she wants to give G-man a pass for a day. Perhaps setting herself up to begin bussing a teammate later on, but not right away. Because we can lynch Cobalt first (I'm aware I've just done a 180 from my previous stance on her "give G-man BOTD" remark).
Sloonei wrote:Here she finally mentions sig, after Scotty and I had both posted our cases against him and I specifically asked for people to respond to it a couple of times. As I noted in my previous post about sig/Ninja interactions, I find it a bit inconsistent that she claims to have both "forgotten about" sig and been "weirded out" by him. I now find it even more inconsistent, considering her later post about "getting her first ping" on sig after his reaction to her Day 1 vote.
I think these are the most suspicious moments in ninja's post history, so I agree with your concerns. I'll look back to see how she has addressed this problem.
Me too. I do not believe she's satisfactorily responded to these points yet.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I am not familiar with nijuukyugou, so I can't claim to know how she would typically respond to a case like this one, but her strong dismissal of it as "nonsense", and all the stuff about her rejection of the theory that she's on a team with sig/g-man, makes me feel like this reaction is not genuine, and that she's reaching to swat the case away rather than addressing things directly.
I can understand your perspective. I don't know her style either so we're both left with our judgment calls, and as you said: we don't agree. I've found that some players are just a little cranky by nature when they are accused (particularly when accused repeatedly by one person). I think her behavior in defense against you seems to gel well enough with her conduct elsewhere in the game that I lean in favor of authenticity. She strikes me as a confident and capable player, and that type of player is probably more likely to be dismissive of cases against them regardless of alignment.

It's a tenuous gut read.
I also have no trouble understanding where you are coming from here. I've considered both of these sides, and I am sticking with my gut scum read for now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

It's a tenuous gut read.
I worked with her for four years in real life. :grin:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@ jay: Have you had a chance to look into MP/Epi 2.0?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

It's a tenuous gut read.
Was she dismissive when people accused her of murder at work?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:@ jay: Have you had a chance to look into MP/Epi 2.0?
Now why would he want to go and do a fool thing like that? :confused:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote:@ jay: Have you had a chance to look into MP/Epi 2.0?
Heh, I forgot about my intent to do that. No.

It'll have to be the night phase I guess.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

It's a tenuous gut read.
Was she dismissive when people accused her of murder at work?
People didn't accuse her.

They knew better.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei, what do you think of Epi numero dos?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 121

Post by S~V~S »

When I voted for Ninja during the last day, Golden said her role was "obvious". The role that came with that implication seems to have made a very heavy handed hint. But Ninja HATES hints and hinting etc. She generally takes a stand against that kind of thing. So not sure she would have DONE it, even in a more veiled way, when she does not like to even talk about it.

I am sorry i have been a fail; I thought I could handle this, but I should have stayed on break a few more weeks. Every time I think of coming here & debating & discussing, things I generally love, I am like "meh".

Anyhow, not long after Golden said that, MM was like, "Well, since one of my major suspects is off the table, I need to reconsider" or something to that effect. Golden makes one post, and now she's off the table? Was she ever REALLY even on your table, MM? I am very pleased Sloonei came back and resurrected (heh) this topic. I am curious about what Epi thinks about all of this considering his earlier Golden & Ninja sitting in a tree theory, and he quite possibly has weighed in on that, but I will not have time to read back on all that I have miissed the past several days. My apologies to all, I will try better. And my apologies especially to Ninja, I am voting for her again.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I partially-GTH rainbow list:

Strong town:
JJJ
Moderate town:
Golden
Slight town:
fingersplints
SVS 2.0
Spacedaisy

Neutral/Arbitrary indie suspicion:
Devin?
Metalmarsh

Slight mafia:
Gumshoe
Epi 2.0
Nutella
DFaraday

Moderate mafia:
Neverwhere
nijuukyugou
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Sloonei, what do you think of Epi numero dos?
I put him on the bottom, yellowy part of my rainbow, as you can now see. That's largely a neutral read, but I was trying to avoid neutral stances and am more inclined to lean scum based on very little substantial evidence at this point. I also plan on looking into him when I can.
I'd be asking him questions if I thought I could get satisfactory answers.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden's vote has shifted to Neverwhere, putting her in the lead. I am glad to see Golden is following along, even if he can't contribute.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: I also plan on looking into him when I can.
When you cut me open with a hatchet? :eye:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

An autopsy might be the only way to get anything out of you. ;)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
is that permissible?

What do you think of Neverwhere? Why is your vote on me?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
is that permissible?

Neverwhere? More like NeverHere amirite?

I don't think of Neverwhere. No opinion. I'll vote to keep it from being a tie, as I've always said.

My vote is on you because you left when I asked you a question. You came back, ignored it, and then when I asked again, you treated it as though it was a joke.

It wasn't a joke.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
is that permissible?

I don't think of Neverwhere. No opinion. I'll vote to keep it from being a tie, as I've always said.

My vote is on you because you left when I asked you a question. You came back, ignored it, and then when I asked again, you treated it as though it was a joke.

It wasn't a joke.
I had left before you asked the question. Would you like to know what real life activity I was engaged in at the time? When I returned I responded to it when I saw it. I did not take it seriously because it was an entirely speculative point. You believe I was converted upon resurrection because hooded figures appeared in the mod's night message. You believe the mod told the thread that I am a bad guy. I am new to the Syndicate, but I don't think that sort of thing happens in any game of mafia anywhere.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why do you not think of Neverwhere?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Popping in. I will be short, sweet, and popping out after this, because after a fabulous night with friends I haven't seen in ages, I'm exhausted today from the late night travel and need a little less...cerebral activity. I can't even think of a good synonym for that.
Sloonei wrote:For the people currently voting for or suspicious of Nutella: which team do you think she is more likely be on? Why?
Based on vote record, probably Team Wildhorn.

I think her suspicion of splints is contrived (I expressed this in an earlier post), as well as others she's voted for multiple times (e.g., Cobalt), to go for the consistency merit badge in case they don't end up flipping Team Webber. This also gives me pause:
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Linki: What's a wasted opportunity?
To not use your vote strategically. It isn't vacant of value right now even if it might not be your final choice.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Look at me, capitalizing sentences (and fragments) like a real boy.
Split infinitive! :eek:

You know what I hate worse than rainbow lists?

Rainbow lists that make no sense.
nutella wrote:Sloonei
Golden
JJJ

SVS
Spacedaisy

Gumshoe
Niju
(putting her in the middle because I was suspicious of her but am inclined to trust Golden and can see her as civ)

Devin
Epignosis
Metalmarsh

Neverwhere
DFaraday

Fingersplints
Gumshoe hasn't posted since Night 1. What warrants his place in your top six?

Devin hasn't posted since Night 1. What warrants his place lower than Gumshoe and nijuukyugou but higher than me?

I'm pleased to see brown was used in this "rainbow read." It's fitting. :suspish:
It all looks contrived. I do have a heart and I feel bad reading nutella's recent posts imploring others not to lynch her, but I've been both burned by and laughed behind the scenes at baddie pathos too many times to let it sway me away from what I see regardless. I see sudden enthusiasm for a Neverwhere vote. I can see that from the inactive baddie perspective, but I don't have strong enough feelings in that direction to change my vote.

OH MY GOD I DID IT THE SPOILER TAG WORKED XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
is that permissible?

It wasn't a joke.
I had left before you asked the question. Would you like to know what real life activity I was engaged in at the time? When I returned I responded to it when I saw it. I did not take it seriously because it was an entirely speculative point. You believe I was converted upon resurrection because hooded figures appeared in the mod's night message. You believe the mod told the thread that I am a bad guy. I am new to the Syndicate, but I don't think that sort of thing happens in any game of mafia anywhere.
Do you mean that, because you have been resurrected, you should be above suspicion?

I have witnessed a resurrected lynched civilian be secretly recruited to the Mafia's side.

Guess which team won. :disappoint:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nijuukyugou wrote:I do have a heart and I feel bad reading nutella's recent posts imploring others not to lynch her, but I've been both burned by and laughed behind the scenes at baddie pathos too many times to let it sway me away from what I see regardless.
Understandable. I think another reason I've made this move is that in the past, I can only recall being wrong about a judgment call on an appeal to emotion post one time. There've been numerous opportunities too. I am not often an intuitive player, but for some reason in situations like this I do tend to trust my gut.

We'll see if the baddies are laughing at me behind the scenes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
is that permissible?

It wasn't a joke.
Do you mean that, because you have been resurrected, you should be above suspicion?

I have witnessed a resurrected lynched civilian be secretly recruited to the Mafia's side.

Guess which team won. :disappoint:
No, I am just saying that your suspicion is 100% speculative, so there is nothing serious I can say in response to it. I am town because the Loch Ness Monster has ordained it so.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't think of Neverwhere because Neverwhere is Neverhere.

I will vote to break a tie.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Right now I envision Golden as a man frantically scouring the old newspaper cutouts plastered all over his wall, pulling his frayed hairs out and muttering under the tape over his mouth.

Another vote switch. :P

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:No, I am just saying that your suspicion is 100% speculative, so there is nothing serious I can say in response to it. I am town because the Loch Ness Monster has ordained it so.
The Loch Ness Monster doesn't exist, dummy. Nice try. :rolleyes:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:I don't think of Neverwhere because Neverwhere is Neverhere.

I will vote to break a tie.
Is there something in the content of my posts since I was resurrected that gives you pause?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:No, I am just saying that your suspicion is 100% speculative, so there is nothing serious I can say in response to it. I am town because the Loch Ness Monster has ordained it so.
I had to pay a fee of $3.50 to reenter this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
I had to pay a fee of $3.50 to reenter this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

:eek: That's seven bucks!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

$7? :faint:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

There were two monsters :(
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

25 minutes remaining.

Where people go

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I will now hear closing arguments by NeverUnderwear and NuttyLayla.

Go.

Impress me. :mafia:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I would prefer a Neverwhere lynch to Nutella, but I don't think either one is a terrible option at this point, and not enough to offer any strong defense of Nutella. I hope she is able to provide that herself.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm assuming the "by" in that post is meant quite literally. Correct Epignosis? You want content from the players in question, not others?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nijuukyugou wrote:Popping in. I will be short, sweet, and popping out after this, because after a fabulous night with friends I haven't seen in ages, I'm exhausted today from the late night travel and need a little less...cerebral activity. I can't even think of a good synonym for that.
Sloonei wrote:For the people currently voting for or suspicious of Nutella: which team do you think she is more likely be on? Why?
Based on vote record, probably Team Wildhorn.
Why? What specific votes make you think this? Pretend I haven't looked at her vote history at all. Because uh...
I think her suspicion of splints is contrived (I expressed this in an earlier post), as well as others she's voted for multiple times (e.g., Cobalt), to go for the consistency merit badge in case they don't end up flipping Team Webber. This also gives me pause:
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Linki: What's a wasted opportunity?
To not use your vote strategically. It isn't vacant of value right now even if it might not be your final choice.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Look at me, capitalizing sentences (and fragments) like a real boy.
Split infinitive! :eek:

You know what I hate worse than rainbow lists?

Rainbow lists that make no sense.
nutella wrote:Sloonei
Golden
JJJ

SVS
Spacedaisy

Gumshoe
Niju
(putting her in the middle because I was suspicious of her but am inclined to trust Golden and can see her as civ)

Devin
Epignosis
Metalmarsh

Neverwhere
DFaraday

Fingersplints
Gumshoe hasn't posted since Night 1. What warrants his place in your top six?

Devin hasn't posted since Night 1. What warrants his place lower than Gumshoe and nijuukyugou but higher than me?

I'm pleased to see brown was used in this "rainbow read." It's fitting. :suspish:
It all looks contrived. I do have a heart and I feel bad reading nutella's recent posts imploring others not to lynch her, but I've been both burned by and laughed behind the scenes at baddie pathos too many times to let it sway me away from what I see regardless. I see sudden enthusiasm for a Neverwhere vote. I can see that from the inactive baddie perspective, but I don't have strong enough feelings in that direction to change my vote.

OH MY GOD I DID IT THE SPOILER TAG WORKED XD
I can understand these feelings and would like to see nutella's response.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm assuming the "by" in that post is meant quite literally. Correct Epignosis? You want content from the players in question, not others?
Meh. It's more ornamental than anything. I don't think NeverHere is going to come in with anything revelatory in the next twenty-six minutes.

Nutella may slip up though. :shifty:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Are you here, nutella?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Are you here, [insert player name]?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think I've said as much as I can say about both candidates. Closing arguments:

There are valid reasons to suspect nutella. I have suspected her for most of my time in this game. I don't vehemently oppose her lynch. But I do think Neverwhere is a better choice. We need to break the recent pattern of lynch justifications and Neverwhere is a better way to do that than nutella, who might frankly be another in the line. There are reasons to suspect inactives specifically in this game, and Neverwhere has the most suspicious content among them.

Moreover, I think she has the most suspicious content of any player I've analyzed. She made extremely vague reads, waffled on key players, and bears the appearance of a baddie. I would be surprised to see a town flip.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Jobs”