Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 705
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: [Day 12] Bullets Over Broadway Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I was reading through splints' history trying to decide if I should vote for her, and I rediscovered her post where she quotes Long Con of scummy past saying that he likes to set up his own sacrifice by taking an openly adversarial stance with one of his partners in the thread.
Doesn't the Day 2 nightkill kind of discount that? Golden survived a kill from Team Wildhorn, and I don't see a reason to believe that any member of that team should be able to survive a nightkill.

If anything, Golden would be on Team Webber.
Sloonei, you also suggested that Golden could be on Team Wildhorn (if I understood you correctly), and I don't think that's the case.
I do not have any developed theories about golden being bad at the moment, just a hunch. I'll try to substantiate it tomorrow or more likely saturday, if i'm alive
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

lol @ "nevermore"
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 692

Post by Golden »

@MM - just going to say this. I pushed for your lynch in end of day because I came up with a list of three people that I know one of them to be the phantom, and instead of looking to which of the other two were bad you looked to discredit the theory.

To me that looked bad in the moment. The way you handled my suspicion of you and tried to bait me into voting was something I did not feel seemed civilian.

If you really aren't bad, then the best request I can make of you is to recalibrate and think about which of the others you suspect most.

It's as I said during the day - I am persuadable. I want to figure this out. But right now evidence is my best tool. There are a number of people in this game I believe are confirmed civilians. I recognise I am one and suspicion that I'm on team webber is legit (less so suspicion I'm on wildhorn, which makes no sense). But I believe we can catch the phantom by using what I put into the thread and then people might see my alignment differently.

I'm frustrated with today's lynch because right now I do not think lynching inactives helps the town, and I had made that clear. I think a lot of my frustration here was coming out not specifically because I wanted to lynch you but because I just wanted the lynch to go a different direction to Neverwhere today.

I think DF and splints votes were necessarily defensive after I had called out the three of you as potential phantoms. It was my own fault.

@sloonei - you will realise when you read back that you voting was literally the only way to avoid a neverwhere vote. If you had voted a different way to neverwhere, it might have influenced the lynch.

Apologies if there are any spelling errors, I don't usually drunk post but I deserved alcohol after the week I've had.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Neverwhere
The Mark
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Neverwhere »

Well, I did say I Was a good guy. I apologise for my poor contribution and game play this time around. I'm gonna take a break from mafia till life calms down a little and I will be back. Thanks guys :) Good luck!
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by fingersplints »

damn :rip: Neverwhere Best of luck sorting out the RL stuff. :hug:
Gro-oo-ovy
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:@MM - just going to say this. I pushed for your lynch in end of day because I came up with a list of three people that I know one of them to be the phantom, and instead of looking to which of the other two were bad you looked to discredit the theory.
I do think your theory is flawed. I've pointed out that even though you can narrow a player down to one team, you can't possibly narrow down a player to a specific role on a team based on activity. If two players are on a team, and one player is active while one is not, then the active players will send the actions of both teammates in, making the inactive one look active.
Golden wrote:To me that looked bad in the moment. The way you handled my suspicion of you and tried to bait me into voting was something I did not feel seemed civilian.
Or maybe I have different "civilian-like" reasons to do so. :shrug2:
Golden wrote:If you really aren't bad, then the best request I can make of you is to recalibrate and think about which of the others you suspect most.
Why should I recalibrate? What puts you in a position to say that you are correct and I am wrong, especially after the mislynch of Neverwhere?
Golden wrote:It's as I said during the day - I am persuadable. I want to figure this out. But right now evidence is my best tool. There are a number of people in this game I believe are confirmed civilians. I recognise I am one and suspicion that I'm on team webber is legit (less so suspicion I'm on wildhorn, which makes no sense). But I believe we can catch the phantom by using what I put into the thread and then people might see my alignment differently.
So, based on my reasoning about player activity, why couldn't someone like Jay be a part of Team Webber?
Golden wrote:I'm frustrated with today's lynch because right now I do not think lynching inactives helps the town, and I had made that clear. I think a lot of my frustration here was coming out not specifically because I wanted to lynch you but because I just wanted the lynch to go a different direction to Neverwhere today.
I don't recall you not wanting to lynch Neverwhere.
Golden wrote:I think DF and splints votes were necessarily defensive after I had called out the three of you as potential phantoms. It was my own fault.

@sloonei - you will realise when you read back that you voting was literally the only way to avoid a neverwhere vote. If you had voted a different way to neverwhere, it might have influenced the lynch.
I read back on your case for who could be on Team Webber, and maybe I misunderstood what you said after that, but it still rules out other possibilities. For example, Canucklehead and Jay could both be/have been on Team Webber. There would be at least one active team member each odd night.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Neverwhere wrote:Well, I did say I Was a good guy. I apologise for my poor contribution and game play this time around. I'm gonna take a break from mafia till life calms down a little and I will be back. Thanks guys :) Good luck!
RIP. Thanks for playing. :hug:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Marsh, you should respond to my defenses against your prior case if you're going to maintain your suspicion of me.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MM

I think with 'bad players could be able to send in for each other and canuck could be one of them' you have come up with literally the only hole in my theory, so well done there. The practical idea that the team would ask dom to send every kill in from the phantom is an odd one to me. I still strongly disagree with it. But I will admit you have found the one possible truth which could be possible outside of one of those three being on team webber.

The fact that you immediately went into attack the theory mode - discredit me was your move, rather than talk with me rationally about the other options - does not look good for your civilianness.

Also, you don't remember not wanting to lynch neverwhere?
Golden wrote:I would, however, really advocate that we consider lynching people who are actively putting in kills over someone like Neverwhere, however bad we think she may be. For that reason, I'd like to try and figure out the phantom today given we know its someone who has been permanently active. That rules out a lot of people. I think it could be DF.
I thought JJ had seen the wisdom in that, hence my disappointment in his vote.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jay, I will respond when I get home.

Golden, I did not go through all the possibilities, that was just the first one that came to mind because Canucklehead was NK'd recently by the other team.

I don't think it's surprising that one player would continue making the kill. Whether it's true or not, it makes it more likely that there is only one team member left, and that perhaps that is what we are intended to think.

And please stop saying things like "that doesn' look good for your civvieness". It's a word maneuver that makes me look bad without you actually calling me bad. I disagree with the tactic.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:And please stop saying things like "that doesn' look good for your civvieness". It's a word maneuver that makes me look bad without you actually calling me bad. I disagree with the tactic.
OK, sure.

I THINK YOU ARE THE PHANTOM!

I'm really not manipulating words to try and paint you as bad without calling you bad. I've made it very obvious at this point which specific role and team I believe you to be. I don't know why you can't see that things like that exact post you just made wouldn't look bad to me?

You are trying to make it look like I'm manipulating words and you are trying to discredit me. But I do not agree I'm using turns of phrases that are not me actually calling you bad. There is no doubt. I'm actually calling you bad. I do believe I am right about you being the phantom, and I think the way you have handled my suspicion over the last 24 hours is not the way someone who is civilian would have handled it, I think it's someone who I'm right about would have handled it.

If you can come with any other possibilities, by all means try. I do not think you can - not without suggesting that a dead man is sending in the kill PMs. Oh, you can disagree with my assessments of myself and ninja, but I know that those two people are not on team webber, so that might persuade others but it won't persuade me.

But I'll be honest - the fact you didn't go straight for that angle is a big part of why I think you are bad. I think you know me and ninja weren't webber ;)
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:If you can come with any other possibilities, by all means try. I do not think you can - not without suggesting that a dead man is sending in the kill PMs. Oh, you can disagree with my assessments of myself and ninja, but I know that those two people are not on team webber, so that might persuade others but it won't persuade me.

But I'll be honest - the fact you didn't go straight for that angle is a big part of why I think you are bad. I think you know me and ninja weren't webber ;)
What? I can not comprehend your intentions here.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm going to go ahead and call tomorrow's chain of events.

Golden will vote for me because he thinks I'm the Phantom.

Spacedaisy will vote for me without and updated reasoning from her original NoU.

Jay will say hey let's look at everyone else too.

Everyone else will vote for me anyway.

Sloonei will be like what the fuck guys.

Jay will vote for DF because he has suspected him for days.

Nothing will happen.

Yay... :smile:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Spacedaisy »

Is that a joke? I think he has been pretty clear in stating he thinks you are the phantom,what intention is unclear?

Good gravy, why have you not been lynched yet?

My reason for suspecting you was not a NoU, nice try though. It started with your bs around the hedgeowl vote. And has only grown from there based on your ongoing shady behavior. I would have no problem voting you again. So you better kill me if you want to stop me, because I'll vote you until either you or I are dead, I am that certain of your alignment.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:If you can come with any other possibilities, by all means try. I do not think you can - not without suggesting that a dead man is sending in the kill PMs. Oh, you can disagree with my assessments of myself and ninja, but I know that those two people are not on team webber, so that might persuade others but it won't persuade me.

What intentions?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Spacedaisy wrote:Is that a joke? I think he has been pretty clear in stating he thinks you are the phantom,what intention is unclear?

Good gravy, why have you not been lynched yet?

My reason for suspecting you was not a NoU, nice try though. It started with your bs around the hedgeowl vote. And has only grown from there based on your ongoing shady behavior. I would have no problem voting you again. So you better kill me if you want to stop me, because I'll vote you until either you or I are dead, I am that certain of your alignment.
I was half-joking. :mafia:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Golden wrote:I think with 'bad players could be able to send in for each other and canuck could be one of them' you have come up with literally the only hole in my theory, so well done there. The practical idea that the team would ask dom to send every kill in from the phantom is an odd one to me. I still strongly disagree with it. But I will admit you have found the one possible truth which could be possible outside of one of those three being on team webber.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Golden, I did not go through all the possibilities, that was just the first one that came to mind because Canucklehead was NK'd recently by the other team.
Not sure this is so hard to follow...
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

What intentions?
You finished your post with a smiley. I don't understand what you are trying to insinuate with it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I noticed your suggestion about nijuu and dropped the discussion of her altogether.

I don't understand what you are trying to say, whether being intentionally ambiguous or not.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I feel like John McEnroe. Can this possibly be serious?

But I'll spell it out. I was trying to 'insinuate' that you are the phantom, and therefore know 100% that ninja and I are not on that team.

But here is the things MM - imagine a world in which I'm wrong about this - if you really want me to believe you, then I've given you the full toolbox for how to figure out who the phantom is and engage with me constructively on it. Why do you continue not to do that, and instead make out like this is some massive confusing conversation. It's really not that difficult...
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I noticed your suggestion about nijuu and dropped the discussion of her altogether.
This is literally the first thing you've said in the last 24 hours that I think sounds civilian.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:I feel like John McEnroe. Can this possibly be serious?

But I'll spell it out. I was trying to 'insinuate' that you are the phantom, and therefore know 100% that ninja and I are not on that team.

But here is the things MM - imagine a world in which I'm wrong about this - if you really want me to believe you, then I've given you the full toolbox for how to figure out who the phantom is and engage with me constructively on it. Why do you continue not to do that, and instead make out like this is some massive confusing conversation. It's really not that difficult...
Why did you bring nijuu's name up? That is what I don't understand.

I looked at your theory about who could be the phantom again. You listed DF, myself, and fingersplints as the only possibilities for this role. I will add your name to the list for the sake of consistency.

What is to stop a pair (assuming there are two left) of fingersplints and Jay being the last two members of Team Webber? Or you and I? Or you and Spacedaisy? Or fingersplints and Gumshoe? Or DF and Jay?

I think I suddenly see the way you are going about this, and I think there is a misunderstanding somewhere. Why do you keep saying Jay cannot be the Phantom when that is not the case? By Phantom, it seems you are referring to the active killer and not the actual role?

Again, what does nijuu have to do with all of this?

Linki: Did you even read my case on Jay?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Your case on Jay was more than that length of time ago. I did read it. I think it holds merit but for one thing - you ignored the absentee aspect of things.

To me, there is no value in assuming or going after an absentee is on team webber right now, because we can factually determine that one very not absentee is on that team, and then once that person is dead we will find out if the second member is still alive now or not. It could well be canuck, for instance.

I brought ninja's name up because yesterday I made a case in which I pointed out 9 people that could not be the phantom. I eliminated 7 for absenteeism, and me and ninja for unspecified other reasons....

And you attacked the concept of absenteeism, and not me ruling out myself and ninja. This is what I found completely bizarre and, frankly, very bad about your entire response to my initial case.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote: What is to stop a pair (assuming there are two left) of fingersplints and Jay being the last two members of Team Webber? Or you and I? Or you and Spacedaisy? Or fingersplints and Gumshoe? Or DF and Jay?
Nothing. What do all those teams have in common?

One of fingersplints, DF and you is on them all.

Before your approach to me raising this yesterday, I had it very firmly pegged as DF and it still could well be. I've just read back the roles and I can see perhaps where you are coming from as well, so...

Can you see this, though:

If you are civilian, you should be comfortable with me pursuing this theory, provided I lynch splints and DF before you, because you would likely be able to see I'm right.
If you are bad, though, you'd attack the theory at its heart, since you'd know it would catch you eventually.

I do think you have finally understood where I'm coming from. The second member of the team could be literally anyone. It could have been neverwhere, it could be devin or gumshoe. But if it is an absentee, then once we take out the 'phantom' (and yes, call this the permanently active teammate if you like), the kill will stop happening, and we can lynch the absentees last if the game keeps going with no kills.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote: And you attacked the concept of absenteeism, and not me ruling out myself and ninja. This is what I found completely bizarre and, frankly, very bad about your entire response to my initial case.
I did not understand your reasoning for the absenteeism. I think I do now.

I will be honest. I went into this day phase with very little motivation, and voted early because I didn't think I would care. But then I looked at Jay's vote record, and notice his consistent trend of voting off the main lynch targets. I then looked at his posts, to see that while voicing suspicion of lynchees, he's done this voting off in addition. That is what I saw, so that is what I cased about. I realize it is completely unrelated to my vote for him, and I understand why you suspect me for that. I also realize this is a pretty damning comment here.

I have not responded to his defense post yet, so I am not up-to-date on his responses to my accusation. But I also just noticed we have another 48 hours before the night period ends, so there is certainly time to do it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: What is to stop a pair (assuming there are two left) of fingersplints and Jay being the last two members of Team Webber? Or you and I? Or you and Spacedaisy? Or fingersplints and Gumshoe? Or DF and Jay?
Nothing. What do all those teams have in common?

One of fingersplints, DF and you is on them all.

Before your approach to me raising this yesterday, I had it very firmly pegged as DF and it still could well be. I've just read back the roles and I can see perhaps where you are coming from as well, so...

Can you see this, though:

If you are civilian, you should be comfortable with me pursuing this theory, provided I lynch splints and DF before you, because you would likely be able to see I'm right.
If you are bad, though, you'd attack the theory at its heart, since you'd know it would catch you eventually.

I do think you have finally understood where I'm coming from. The second member of the team could be literally anyone. It could have been neverwhere, it could be devin or gumshoe. But if it is an absentee, then once we take out the 'phantom' (and yes, call this the permanently active teammate if you like), the kill will stop happening, and we can lynch the absentees last if the game keeps going with no kills.
Understood. Perhaps I got caught with my blinders on, but I still think Jay deserves it. Nobody deserves a free pass at this stage in the game (with perhaps one exception).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Oh geez, did everyone wander away when I reminded them the night phase doesn't end for another 2 days? :sigh:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Oh geez, did everyone wander away when I reminded them the night phase doesn't end for another 2 days? :sigh:
I did not even realize this. I'll do some heavy lifting tomorrow evening. I'm sorry for my underwhelming contributions since the resurrection. Life is a lot more busy now than it was on days 1-5.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I agree that I don't deserve a pass. I'm actually not sure why some people trust me under the circumstances, maybe I'll look into that.

As long as you address my defenses satisfactorily, I have no beef Marsh.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If it's not already clear, I'm using this long night phase to get some Mafia respite. Hopefully I'll be recharged for the next day.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I will respond as time allows. My weekend grew rather busy.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Why am I not in this game?

Hello, thread! :dance:
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

I think we've all been taking a nice and very short vacation for the last couple of days. Back for srsbsns later :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'll finally deliver on my promise of juicy content in a few hours.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Hey everyone.

The next 72 hours is a bitch for me. Long days at work, commitments in the evening. I'm likely to be able to contribute very little at all. Apologies in advance.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 121

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I will respond as time allows. My weekend grew rather busy.
My life and month grew rather busy. Sorry for missing the last vote.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It seems we're all very busy, and I propose the remaining bad guys just forfeit the game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

i am continuing to be plagued by laptop problems.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 122

Post by fingersplints »

I'm glad everyone else is busy too! Makes me feel less bad for having not been around at all.
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 319

Post by Epignosis »

I'm not busy. :mafia:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I have been trying to case JJJ, but my laptop is not making it easy on me so I'm gonna try to gather my thoughts in some smaller phone-posts. Here's some questions for Jay:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:i have followed along sporadically, mostly to root on Sloonei for playing such a killer game. but there are still a lot of little nuggets i am sure i missed, and with that said i can't offer many immediate thoughts on what is going on. so instead of trying to provide reads on people right now, i am going to make an effort to make it easier for people to get a read on me. i see Bullzeye near the center of most people's rainbows, and i think the best thing i can do is get out of the neutral pile.
Going back to when you first subbed into the game, you had said that you were following along "sporadically", with particular focus on This Guy. If this is the case, and you did have some understanding of the game prior to entering it, I would like to ask what your mindset was upon entering the game? You asked a lot of questions and seemed to struggle to get situated. I am particularly curious about your strategy of asking others to give you names to look at. What made you think this strategy in particular would be the most beneficial? Also, I'll ask completely narcisistically, why you didn't immediately look into my top suspects (by which i mean niju) after subbing in? If you were having trouble getting into the game, wouldn't the reads of such a familiar and trusted player as myself be a good place to start?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Between Bass and Cobalt i'd vote Bass. i honestly don't understand why Cobalt is being regarded with such suspicion.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:i may join the Cobalt wagon. i'll mull over it a bit longer. he has been a point of contention for the whole game and it'd be beneficial to move on from that either way.
I am a bit puzzled by your change of heart regarding Cobalt here. First you were not going to vote for him at all, but then you were willing to join his bandwagon because he's a "point of contention". I don't recall you having a mindset like this in past games (wanting to lynch a player just because others are getting stuck on them), and it's especially jarring when you've seemed staunchly opposed the lynch of that player at a points prior to this. Could you elaborate on your thought process between these two posts?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:man this game is snailing right now. i wish i knew a way to give it a kick in the arse. hopefully splints can respond soon to my points about her. if time permits tomorrow i'll explore an/some additional player(s) similarly. for some reason i find myself wanting to look into Scotty -- i'm getting a vaguely bad vibe. it might just be that he's so chipper. ;)
I suspect you knew and know a few ways to give the game a kick in the keister here. But what caught my eye here was your comment about scotty. It's a lot more directionless than I'm used to from you. "Vaguely bad vibes" is much weaker than your usual reads. I've not looked at all your posts, so forgive me if you covered this, but could you substantiate what these "vaguely bad vibes" were?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Jay's Bass ISO came at a time when Bass seemed to have one foot in the grave, and by his own admission this, this was just an exercise in self-assurance. What bugs me is the final conclusion, that Bass was "probably a valid lynch", when a lot of the analysis in this ISO seems to point toward a more favorable read of Bass. I could see a scum Jay wanting to give the appearance of supporting a Bass lynch just to avoid being called out for preemptively distancing himself from the lynch. What made you so willing to lend your soft support of the Bass lynch, Jay?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I thought the Cobalt votes from the last day were suspect primarily because i thought the general case against Cobalt seemed weak. The case against Bass seems a little better at least, even if it still hinges more on small pings and less on real meat than I'd like. If Bass flips town, that'll be a terrible look for everyone who represents overlap between these two lynches:

Golden
ninja
Marsh
Scotty
nutella
Care to follow up on these thoughtss? nutella was lynched, she was town. Scotty is dead, we don't know what he was. Golden, ninja, and Metalmarsh are all still here. Why specifically does this thing make them all look bad, and how would you approach each case individually?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I also want to note that Jay made that statement before Bass was lynched and flipped town. Clairvoyant or scum?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

With regards to Ninja: I was losing my mind sitting on the sidelines and watching everyone not talk about her. When I came back I wanted nothing more than to seize the opportunity to thrust her name back in the discussion. Now that I've done that I can say that she's no longer my top suspect, and I don't think there's any doubt that Golden is wrong about her role. I do not think that completely clears her and am still far from clearing her name, but I'm coming down a little bit, at least. I'm still going to consider voting for her today if I'm not dead.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

three posts is heavy lifting at this stage in the game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Dom »

Night post coming up.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Act One, Scene Thirteen
ENTER JAGGEDJIMMYJAY. HE SITS ON THE APRON CS.

A CAR FLIES FROM ABOVE AND SMASHES HIM INTO BITS.

AN APARTMENT SET DROPS DOWN FROM ABOVE. TWO SEPARATE APARTMENTS. ENTER SINGERS 1 AND 2 INTO APARTMENT 1 AND SINGER 3 INTO APARTMENT 2.

SINGER 1: How's it going?
SINGER 2: Bad. You?
SINGER 1: Not so great.
SINGER 2: Yeah, tell me.
SINGER 1: (answering phone) Bullets Over Broadway.
SINGER 3: (into phone) I think I found a baddie.
SINGER 1: Where?
SINGER 3: In the mafia.

ALL: We'll all vote together someday!
We're hanging up civs, singing, "They're so bad!"
We're losin' 'em days and it's a crime.
That faraway win could be not too far.
We're following every suspect —
There's not enough time!

SINGER 1: I voted for Neverwhere.
SINGER 2: I voted for Neverwhere.
SINGER 3: I voted for Neverwhere.
SINGER 1: We can’t ALL vote for Neverwhere!

ALL: We're hanging up civs, singing, "Crap, we’re wrong!"
Beginning to fail all the time.
That faraway win's not getting very near!
We haven't a thing to fear, we haven't got time!

They're murdering civs, laughing, "Got ‘em now!"
It's less of a sail than a climb.
That faraway win's farther every day.
We're going to vote today
We still have a lot to say!

SINGER 1: You know what we'll do?
SINGER 2: What?
SINGER 1: We'll do a review.
SINGER 3: What?
SINGER 1: We'll do a review of all the baddies!
SINGER 2: What? How?
SINGER 1: Not just who everyone goes for, but something to make them panic. Someone they’re hesitant to vote for.
SINGER 2: We do have changeable votes. We can gauge reactions!
SINGER 3: Yeah!

ALL
We'll worry about it on Day 13!

We'll be voting baddies, singing, "Here we are!"
We'll fill up days without a crime.
That faraway win's looking not too far.
We're following every suspect —
But there's not enough time!

We're hanging up baddies, shouting, "Gotcha now!"
We're risking it all in the grime.
That faraway win's looking near again,
The only thing left is when,
We know we should count to ten —
We haven't got time!
We haven't got time!

ALL EXIT.

JJJ has been killed.
It is now Day 13. You have 48 Hours to lynch someone.

EDITED AT 7:30AM
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: BoB Mafia Polls

Post by Dom »

WHO DID IT?! (Votes are not changeable)

Poll ended at Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:11 am

JJJ
Metalmarsh89 (3) 8%
Devin
No votes
DFaraday
No votes
SpaceDaisy
No votes
Fingersplints
No votes
Golden
No votes
Gumshoe
No votes
Hedgeowl
No votes
MetalMarsh89
No votes
Never where
JaggedJimmyJay (7), DFaraday (8), fingersplints (9), nijuukyugou (10), Golden (11), Spacedaisy (12) 50%
nijuukyugou
No votes
Sloonei
No votes
SVS 2.0
No votes
The Grinch (host/non)
Dom (1), nutella (2), Heiots (4), Scotty (5), MovingPictures07 (6) 42%
Total votes : 12
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

That bastard just wanted to get out of having to answer my questions!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I hope we are all a bit more active than we have been during the night. I'm still busy myself, but I'd like nothing more than to see things turn around here.
My inclination right now is to put a vote on Metalmarsh. I hope we have changeable votes. I assume we will.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”