ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Re: Angry Birds [Day 0]

Post by Tangrowth »

Spacedaisy wrote:I have no qualms about saying that if anyone besides myself have not voted, I think I would be a great choice for the recipient of the golden egg.

Voted for lipsticklacey because I hear good things and I want to welcome her to our community right!

:Daisy:
I see how it is. :pout:

:P
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Spacedaisy »

I still love you, sweetie. :hugs:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Spacedaisy wrote:I still love you, sweetie. :hugs:
I love you too! :D

Might lynch you though. :srsnod:
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

thellama73 wrote:There is a role called "Bubbles". There is a player called "TinyBubbles". What are the odds that player goes with that role?
There's also a role that isn't called "Bubbles", but blows bubbles at people to trap their vote.

There's just a lot of bubbles apparently.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Epignosis »

boo wrote:There's just a lot of bubbles apparently.
Like in the economy amirite
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:
Tiny Bubbles confirmed Sen. Phil Gramm

Excited to get started! I've never played Angry Birds before, and actually refuse due to a self-imposed superficial boycott.

Other self-imposed boycotts I am currently engaged in: Ice cream, Michael Bay movies, swimsuit calendars, my ex-girlfriends on Facebook.

Side note: I looked up what the Golden Egg is, because I just assumed it was good since it's Golden and all good things are golden.

They apparently are collected in game to unlock additional levels, and/or additional mini-games. But don't try to collect a Golden Egg with the MIGHTY EAGLE BECAUSE HE'S A LUMBERING ASSHOLE WHO WILL #DESTROY IT.

@Epignosis Hey man, btw I'ma try and be a little PC talking, since I assume Simon is reading these posts. Is that your wish, or do I have free roam in the (sub)English language?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Excited to get started! I've never played Angry Birds before, and actually refuse due to a self-imposed superficial boycott.

Other self-imposed boycotts I am currently engaged in: Ice cream, Michael Bay movies, swimsuit calendars, my ex-girlfriends on Facebook.

Side note: I looked up what the Golden Egg is, because I just assumed it was good since it's Golden and all good things are golden.

They apparently are collected in game to unlock additional levels, and/or additional mini-games. But don't try to collect a Golden Egg with the MIGHTY EAGLE BECAUSE HE'S A LUMBERING ASSHOLE WHO WILL #DESTROY IT.

@Epignosis Hey man, btw I'ma try and be a little PC talking, since I assume Simon is reading these posts. Is that your wish, or do I have free roam in the (sub)English language?
I'm not going to be a hypocrite here. Say what you will, just know that an eight-year-old will be reading it. ;)
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I'm not going to be a hypocrite here. Say what you will, just know that an eight-year-old will be reading it. ;)
So I would like to chime in then. I won't pretend that Simon never hears curse words. In fact, I said a few yesterday when working on a cake. But....let's not have any vulgar comments please.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Russtifinko »

Scotty wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

All of your boycotts are wise, except ice cream. What is wrong with you there?? I eat ice cream nearly daily because it is the best.

Also, at risk of causing srs bsns...maybe we shouldn't completely spread the vote, here. Leaves it open to baddie manipulation, and as we all saw in MOTU, these things can decide games. I suggest we all vote for one of the following: Russti, Scotty, or Boomslang.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Boomslang wrote: Well, I am honored. I do plan to be pretty active in this game, although keeping up with Recruitment as well is going to be a bear... Lucky for me, I at least have today off.
Right?? :sigh:
Golden wrote:I see pedantic pink is catching on!
There is a LOT of pedantry here, for those not aware.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Spacedaisy »

Russtifinko wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

All of your boycotts are wise, except ice cream. What is wrong with you there?? I eat ice cream nearly daily because it is the best.

Also, at risk of causing srs bsns...maybe we shouldn't completely spread the vote, here. Leaves it open to baddie manipulation, and as we all saw in MOTU, these things can decide games. I suggest we all vote for one of the following: Russti, Scotty, or Boomslang.
Why those three?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 37

Post by thellama73 »

Russtifinko wrote: Also, at risk of causing srs bsns...maybe we shouldn't completely spread the vote, here. Leaves it open to baddie manipulation, and as we all saw in MOTU, these things can decide games. I suggest we all vote for one of the following: Russti, Scotty, or Boomslang.
I am always a vocal supporter of not spreading the vote in lynch polls, because of the reasons you state. I doubt it matters too much in a Day 0 poll though.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Why those three?
Those three don't even vaguely make sense if your goal is to risk causing 'srs bsns'. He chose 3 people who (assuming Boomslang doesn't have his vote disqualified because of his derp) each have 1 vote, in a field full of people with 1 vote, but only 3 who have more (who all have 2).

Maybe it's just me, but if I'm going to say we should limit it to 3 people, and act as if I have any reason other than what I'm nonsensically making up, I'd choose those the three people with 2 each.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Angry Birds [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who should get the Golden Egg?

Poll ended at Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:50 pm

Metalmarsh89
No votes

Elohcin
nijuukyugou (20)
5%

DFaraday
boo (3)
5%

TinyBubbles
No votes

LoRab
fingersplints (14)
5%

lipsticklacey
Spacedaisy (21)
5%

boo
DFaraday (17)
5%

Scotty
Russtifinko (13)
5%

thellama73
Made (4), TinyBubbles (9)
10%

Boomslang
Elohcin (8), Boomslang (16)
10%

Spacedaisy
MovingPictures07 (12), LoRab (19)
10%

MovingPictures07
FZ. (15)
5%

nijuukyugou
Metalmarsh89 (10), Scotty (11)
10%

FZ.
No votes

Russtifinko
No votes

Made
thellama73 (5)
5%

fingersplints
No votes

Minion Pig (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Simon (1), Epignosis (2), Heiots (6), Fawkes (7), G-Man (18)
24%

Total votes : 21
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

So you guys are aware, Recruitment is inTENSE. So I will probably try to be pretty relaxed in this game.

Linki: llama, as I pointed out by citing MOTU, it might very well matter a lot.

boo and Spacedaisy: I chose those three because 1) I know I am civ. 2) Scotty seems like a fine upstanding citizen of this thread and 3) Boomslang has 2 votes already and is cool. So boo, one of them has 2 votes. Please dismount your high horse.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Simon is fast asleep...so I, Skeletor, have summoned my own bird, Screech, to mess with his plans!

Instead of one golden egg, I have replicated two more. That's right- three golden eggs! But that boob Boomslang doesn't get one! Nyah-ha-ha!

Let's see what nastiness befalls you. According to Simon, the golden egg, "takes you to another level and you can't get hurt day or night." What kind of foolishness is that?

Gah! I regret that I ever meddled in this!

It is now Day 1. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Russtifinko wrote:So you guys are aware, Recruitment is inTENSE. So I will probably try to be pretty relaxed in this game.

boo and Spacedaisy: I chose those three because 1) I know I am civ. 2) Scotty seems like a fine upstanding citizen of this thread and 3) Boomslang has 2 votes already and is cool. So boo, one of them has 2 votes. Please dismount your high horse.
1) Knowing your a civ (if you're a civ) doesn't help other people, because they don't know you're a civ. Obviously everyone is going to act like they're a civ, so it follows that everyone would naturally throw in their own name. Not helpful.

2) Why. How does he seem like more than a fine upstanding citizen of this thread than the three people who already (and actually) have 2 votes?

3) Boomslang voted for himself. That isn't allowed. That vote doesn't count. Boomslang has 1 vote.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Re: Angry Birds [Day 1]

Post by boo »

My horse has grown to the lofty heights of voting for Russti.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Angry Boo
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Russtifinko wrote:So you guys are aware, Recruitment is inTENSE. So I will probably try to be pretty relaxed in this game.

Hey thanks, boo!

Oh, I don't mean @boo ...I was just...uh...nevermind.

Anyway, looks like my research was pretty on point. IT'S THAT [GOSH-DARN] EAGLE OUT TO GET US AGAIN. I KNEW WE SHOULD HAVE GONE WITH THE TURKEY AS THE NATIONAL BIRD LIKE BEN FRANKLIN SUGGESTED. THEN WE'D BE TRYING TO PROTECT TURKEYS AND KILLING EAGLES ON SITE!

So breaking down that blindingly blue font:
The host is an eagle.
The poll was a lie. Tie went to Boom, but it meant nothing because
There's 3 eggs.
The egg basically gives immunity for a day/night cycle if we find it?
Like an easter egg, it is hidden somewhere. Could be what we say, could be how we vote, could be how we diet. (Hint: It doesn't involve ice cream)

That's what I extrapolate anyhow.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Elohcin wrote:
So I would like to chime in then. I won't pretend that Simon never hears curse words. In fact, I said a few yesterday when working on a cake. But....let's not have any vulgar comments please.
10-4.

I'm going to be employing this new system of mad libs brackets where I can say whatever the [flush] I want and it won't inspire a 6 year old to curse like a [funky] sailor :biggrin:

boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Scotty wrote:

Hey thanks, boo!

Anyway, looks like my research was pretty on point. IT'S THAT [GOSH-DARN] EAGLE OUT TO GET US AGAIN. I KNEW WE SHOULD HAVE GONE WITH THE TURKEY AS THE NATIONAL BIRD LIKE BEN FRANKLIN SUGGESTED. THEN WE'D BE TRYING TO PROTECT TURKEYS AND KILLING EAGLES ON SITE!

The host is an eagle.
There's 3 eggs.
Like an easter egg, it is hidden somewhere. Could be what we say, could be how we vote, could be how we diet. (Hint: It doesn't involve ice cream)

No.

llama, Daisy, and nijuukyugou each had 2 votes, that's 3 (the original 1, +2 replicated ones), the bit about boomslang was referencing that while he had 2 votes listed, he only actually had 1 because he messed up.

The 3 of them cannot be lynched today (they aren't on the poll), and presumably cannot be NKed tomorrow, because they're in a different level.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Anyway, I have this theory that Elo could be mafia because of host bias.

Come on, what kid wouldn't want mom to be the supervillian? :mafia:

I hate Day 1 craphshoots, and there's not a lot to go on yet with that paltry Day 0. Waiting for more people to chime in before making my vote, but right now that's where I'm thinking.

Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Boomslang »

Whew, glad our esteemed host was cool with me derping. Still wish I'd gotten the egg, tho.

Russ, as much as I appreciate your trust, I agree with the general consensus that your reasoning was spurious, especially after I called out my mistake. Can't fault you for wanting to get the ball rolling on Day 0, though.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Hey wait! No one voted me. I thought someone said they would. :sad:

Also, uh, what happened re: Epi??

Linki: Never mind, looks as if the Epi situation was explained.

boo, my bad on Boomslang. However, you were still wrong, because I had 0 votes. So nah nah nah boo boo to you, boo.

Scotty, love the mad libs AND the turkey thing, but I'm not sold on an Elo lynch just because her son is hosting.

And Boomy, you may bandwagon onto me if you feel it necessary. I don't agree with what I'm sure will be a thought-out, slowly-arrived-at decision and will probably involve victim blame if indeed I am lynched, but I can't stop you going after me. Perhaps I was wrong to volunteer you for the egg.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Russtifinko wrote:Hey wait! No one voted me. I thought someone said they would. :sad:

Also, uh, what happened re: Epi??

Linki: Never mind, looks as if the Epi situation was explained.

boo, my bad on Boomslang. However, you were still wrong, because I had 0 votes. So nah nah nah boo boo to you, boo.

Scotty, love the mad libs AND the turkey thing, but I'm not sold on an Elo lynch just because her son is hosting.

And Boomy, you may bandwagon onto me if you feel it necessary. I don't agree with what I'm sure will be a thought-out, slowly-arrived-at decision and will probably involve victim blame if indeed I am lynched, but I can't stop you going after me. Perhaps I was wrong to volunteer you for the egg.
Once again, I am right. Boomslang stated in thread after his self-vote that he wanted to move his vote to you.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

boo wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Hey thanks, boo!

The host is an eagle.
There's 3 eggs.

No.

llama, Daisy, and nijuukyugou each had 2 votes, that's 3 (the original 1, +2 replicated ones), the bit about boomslang was referencing that while he had 2 votes listed, he only actually had 1 because he messed up.

The 3 of them cannot be lynched today (they aren't on the poll), and presumably cannot be NKed tomorrow, because they're in a different level.
Oh, wow I totally missed that they were removed. That makes more sense. I bow to your wisdom.\

I wonder what the extra level entails? BTSC? I wonder if they're even allowed to comment here over the course of the day and night.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Russtifinko wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Good plan.

I voted Russ so as not to spread the vote.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 75

Post by FZ. »

The only person that is ruffling my feathers at the moment, is Boo. He's taking the "logic" stance too seriously. I feel like he wants to seem contributive as well as a little confrontational, like he has nothing to lose, but it seems empty.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Maybe I should have voted lipsticklacey. She? hasn't even posted yet.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I won't be voting for boo or Russ.

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Maybe I should have voted lipsticklacey. She? hasn't even posted yet.
Is she the only one who hasn't?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I won't be voting for boo or Russ.

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Maybe I should have voted lipsticklacey. She? hasn't even posted yet.
Is she the only one who hasn't?
I don't know, but she's the only one who didn't vote in the Day 0 poll.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

She is new. It could be that she hasn't even logged in to see the game.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I think you're right. Is she a friend of another member?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I think you're right. Is she a friend of another member?
LoRab.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Good plan.

I voted Russ so as not to spread the vote.
Ice bear does not like this comment nor this vote. The mammoth typically votes for himself, but today feel that it makes more sense to vote for Russ not to spread the votes?
Pov: you reading my takes
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Public displays of affection make ice bear feel very uncomfortable. Ice bear request that you cease for the remainder of the game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lol, I tried to make my comment less uncomfortable by adding the lynch part afterward, yet you cut that out of the post. I'm almost never one to engage in PDA, and neither is Daisy, so I find the comment funny. Nonetheless, that's noted, Made.

What do you think of what's transpired thus far re: boo, Russ, MM, etc.?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Made wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Public displays of affection make ice bear feel very uncomfortable. Ice bear request that you cease for the remainder of the game.
This marmot likes the ice bear.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Animal Sanctuary Squad ftw.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Lol, I tried to make my comment less uncomfortable by adding the lynch part afterward, yet you cut that out of the post. I'm almost never one to engage in PDA, and neither is Daisy, so I find the comment funny. Nonetheless, that's noted, Made.

What do you think of what's transpired thus far re: boo, Russ, MM, etc.?
Ice bear is only familiar with is a not good boo, that being said, the similarities in play ice bear has noticed are hard to ignore.
Ice bear feels that the Marmot is sketch, and may likely vote him off the island with a large blunt object. (Ice bear is aware of the grammatical error that lies in the previous statement, but will not correct it in order to spite the pedantic powers that be. Ice bear cannot be tamed)
Russ probably isn't terrible. Further observation is required.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

thellama73 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Animal Sanctuary Squad ftw.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm going to have to vote in a couple of hours, and I intend to vote Scotty. No solid reason, just pure hunch. I don't feel good about him.

Discuss.

Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

thellama73 wrote:I'm going to have to vote in a couple of hours, and I intend to vote Scotty. No solid reason, just pure hunch. I don't feel good about him.

Discuss.
Scotty seems to enjoy extrapolating which either means he's bad and want to seem present or he enjoy extrapolating, something ice bear enjoys from time to time. Ice bear would much rather advocate a Marmot lynch at this point.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Made wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm going to have to vote in a couple of hours, and I intend to vote Scotty. No solid reason, just pure hunch. I don't feel good about him.

Discuss.
Scotty seems to enjoy extrapolating which either means he's bad and want to seem present or he enjoy extrapolating, something ice bear enjoys from time to time. Ice bear would much rather advocate a Marmot lynch at this point.
I cannot support this course of action. That would result in the votes being spread (potentially).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Who are you looking to lynch, MM?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:Who are you looking to lynch, MM?
The person I voted for, Russ.

Votes are not changeable in this poll.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Who are you looking to lynch, MM?
The person I voted for, Russ.

Votes are not changeable in this poll.
Oh yeah, I forgot.

Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:

Discuss.
I cannot support this course of action. That would result in the votes being spread (potentially).
WHy is this a bad thing?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”