Total votes: 10
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Angry Birds [Day 2]

Post by Tangrowth »

On a completely different note, I think Lacey may be mafia. She is really playing that newbie card hard. :ponder:
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

MovingPictures07 wrote:On a completely different note, I think Lacey may be mafia. She is really playing that newbie card hard. :ponder:
I agree with that statement. Not ready to lynch her today (I have an overly developed sense of personal guilt), but I am thinking in that direction, as well.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LoRab wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:On a completely different note, I think Lacey may be mafia. She is really playing that newbie card hard. :ponder:
I agree with that statement. Not ready to lynch her today (I have an overly developed sense of personal guilt), but I am thinking in that direction, as well.
Why not? You gave her D1 at least.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

This game is missing a Rainbow List. Who wants one?
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Because I feel like a brand new player needs 3 games, before they realize they love the game and will come back for more. And to also get a grasp. She's one of my closest friends. I have no problem killing her when the time comes, I just need to , personally, give her another day beofre I feel ethically good about doing so.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 75

Post by FZ. »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I did already state it. My D1 behavior is the sketchiest of anyone here. :srsnod:
So what are you saying, you want us to vote for you?
What I am saying is the following:

1) I fully expected to die yesterday. The fact that I only received one vote surprised me.
2) The Scotty lynch yesterday STUNK like a bunch of skunks having sex, just like they always did in my uncle's backyard when I was a kid. (that's my attempt to be like Scotty because he has the most amazing analogies, but failing miserably).
3) Daisy is scaring me this game. Her behavior is very illogical. I have a hard time believing she would be a sloppy mafia member, though, which is what gives me pause.
4) However, Boomslang's recent noncommittal post regarding Daisy's behavior is noteworthy if Daisy were to flip mafia, especially if Daisy's been too busy to check into BTSC and plan with her team.
5) I have a reason to believe literally every player this game's behavior during D1 was less sketchy than my own, hence why I voted myself.
I like the analogy, and I agree that it stunk.
Regarding number 5, even if that's so, assuming you know you're a civ, wouldn't voting for yourself hurt the civvie cause which would be enough reason to vote for the next sketchy poster, or at least randomly?

I feel the same about Daisy. But hey, I feel that way every time people suggest someone is bad when they do a sloppy job
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LoRab wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Because I feel like a brand new player needs 3 games, before they realize they love the game and will come back for more. And to also get a grasp. She's one of my closest friends. I have no problem killing her when the time comes, I just need to , personally, give her another day beofre I feel ethically good about doing so.
That's fair enough.

You said earlier you're having trouble discerning who is suspicious. Want to play a game? Maybe FZ. and whoever else is around can play too!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ. wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I did already state it. My D1 behavior is the sketchiest of anyone here. :srsnod:
So what are you saying, you want us to vote for you?
What I am saying is the following:

1) I fully expected to die yesterday. The fact that I only received one vote surprised me.
2) The Scotty lynch yesterday STUNK like a bunch of skunks having sex, just like they always did in my uncle's backyard when I was a kid. (that's my attempt to be like Scotty because he has the most amazing analogies, but failing miserably).
3) Daisy is scaring me this game. Her behavior is very illogical. I have a hard time believing she would be a sloppy mafia member, though, which is what gives me pause.
4) However, Boomslang's recent noncommittal post regarding Daisy's behavior is noteworthy if Daisy were to flip mafia, especially if Daisy's been too busy to check into BTSC and plan with her team.
5) I have a reason to believe literally every player this game's behavior during D1 was less sketchy than my own, hence why I voted myself.
I like the analogy, and I agree that it stunk.
Regarding number 5, even if that's so, assuming you know you're a civ, wouldn't voting for yourself hurt the civvie cause which would be enough reason to vote for the next sketchy poster, or at least randomly?

I feel the same about Daisy. But hey, I feel that way every time people suggest someone is bad when they do a sloppy job
I'm assuming that you don't think I deserve a vote? Why?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

If enough folks are around and can be active for the next 20 minutes (???) or so, we can play a game. Who wants in?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I don't want to do a rainbow, but at the moment, I'm feeling pretty good about MM, Boomslang and DF. I'm feeling much better about Boo than I did last day, and that MP and Lorab seems genuine as well.
Not feeling good about Daisy, llama and Splints (the latter, because of last day. Nothing from her today, so I'll wait to see what she contributes). The rest need to post more for me to form an opinion.

linki: I don't know, you seem genuine, and also, I think you might be a bomb. You could also want us to think you're a bomb, but at the moment, you look more genuine than not to me.

linki: only if the game happens right now
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Games are fun. :nicenod:

If I can get another 2 folks to say they're in, hopefully including LoRab, we'll play.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

What kind of game? It's 2 am here and I have a meeting in seven hours
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

MovingPictures07 wrote:If enough folks are around and can be active for the next 20 minutes (???) or so, we can play a game. Who wants in?
What is this game of which you speak? Caught up after making dinner. Mmmm, fried green tomatoes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Actually, come to think about it, I doubt MP would be that obvious if he was a bomb. :ponder:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It's nothing major, just something JJJ showed me in my first game back on RYM a few months ago. I'll explain it as soon as I know I can count on a few folks to play. Shouldn't take long at all, especially if everyone will be around to quickly respond. :)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It's also more meaningful if I could round up roughly half of the players in the game, but I know that's not going to happen, so I'm willing to settle for at least 3 people other than myself.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I see Lacey and LoRab are viewing the thread! Come on, folks!

Guess I shouldn't have counted on such a slow thread for the game. :sigh:
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Okay, but the clock is ticking. I'm giving it five more minutes. If we don't get enough people, I'm going to bed
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Yeah, agreed. I suppose we could run it with even less folks, but it'd be less than ideal. It's bad enough I'm only asking for 3 players other than myself.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lame. Guess I can try to run it another time.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Guess so. Sorry.

Now I just have to decide if I'd rather vote for llama or Daisy. What do you think about llama?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

To respond to other things game-related, yeah, I agree that lots of weird stuff has happened in this game in comparison to what I've been used to lately. Very spread votes. Prevalence of self-voting not committed by a marmot. I had something else in mind to say, since I like threes, but I forgot.

I see where llama's coming from with voting for someone inactive after no night kill, and now I finally see where the conversation was going about blocking, etc. (I didn't read Mighty Eagle's role carefully). I guess my question to myself is, what is more likely - that Mighty Eagle used his one-time awesome power on Night 1, but had a chance of blocking a potentially very bad BTSC situation, or that our baddie team is composed of mostly inactives? As others have mentioned, several people seemed to have missed night actions, which would coincide with being blocked. I'm going to lean towards the former, but I see where llama's coming from, like I said. Taking a chance.

Daisy's drive-by vote looks terrible, but would she be that clumsy? I guess if she were busy enough.

I thought talking it out would help me pick who to vote for, but now I have to think more. Dangit.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ. wrote:Guess so. Sorry.

Now I just have to decide if I'd rather vote for llama or Daisy. What do you think about llama?
His suspicion of Tiny is weak. Could be forced. I believe he's out of town, but that doesn't excuse the fact that his two votes suck, just like Daisy's.

I think both of them seem mafia; however, there's reason for me to doubt a vote for either of them, due to the fact that their play could be considered sloppy if mafia.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nijuukyugou wrote:To respond to other things game-related, yeah, I agree that lots of weird stuff has happened in this game in comparison to what I've been used to lately. Very spread votes. Prevalence of self-voting not committed by a marmot. I had something else in mind to say, since I like threes, but I forgot.

I see where llama's coming from with voting for someone inactive after no night kill, and now I finally see where the conversation was going about blocking, etc. (I didn't read Mighty Eagle's role carefully). I guess my question to myself is, what is more likely - that Mighty Eagle used his one-time awesome power on Night 1, but had a chance of blocking a potentially very bad BTSC situation, or that our baddie team is composed of mostly inactives? As others have mentioned, several people seemed to have missed night actions, which would coincide with being blocked. I'm going to lean towards the former, but I see where llama's coming from, like I said. Taking a chance.

Daisy's drive-by vote looks terrible, but would she be that clumsy? I guess if she were busy enough.

I thought talking it out would help me pick who to vote for, but now I have to think more. Dangit.
Afraid to play the game? :ponder:
lipsticklacey
Posts in topic: 32

Post by lipsticklacey »

LoRab wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
LoRab wrote:
I think I'm starting to understand/get the hang of it, so I can stop "playing that newbie card hard." :haha:

Just finished catching up... what is this game business?
If every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs!
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

MP was just forced-vote by someone who thought it would be funny to make him a hypocrite for a second day in a row.

If he were the bomb, he wouldn't want to be lynched this early since it's just a random voter who gets taken down alongside the bomb, and at this point, that would more likely to result in 2 dead civvies in most situations.
Banners
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

lipsticklacey wrote:
LoRab wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
LoRab wrote:
I think I'm starting to understand/get the hang of it, so I can stop "playing that newbie card hard." :haha:

Why do you want to stop playing it now?

It's a game. Want to play? If so, say yes. If I can quickly get one other and FZ. is still willing, we can play.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

boo wrote:MP was just forced-vote by someone who thought it would be funny to make him a hypocrite for a second day in a row.

If he were the bomb, he wouldn't want to be lynched this early since it's just a random voter who gets taken down alongside the bomb, and at this point, that would more likely to result in 2 dead civvies in most situations.
Maybe I'm just a Pig who wants to appear as though he's the Bomb. :feb:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lacey doesn't read genuine to me at all. I think she needs to go.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
FZ. wrote:Guess so. Sorry.

His suspicion of Tiny is weak. Could be forced. I believe he's out of town, but that doesn't excuse the fact that his two votes suck, just like Daisy's.

I think both of them seem mafia; however, there's reason for me to doubt a vote for either of them, due to the fact that their play could be considered sloppy if mafia.
That's why I'm hesitant too. But I have no one else I can vote for, unless I vote for Splints again, but she hasn't posted this day.

Not sure what I think about Ninja. She's voted like me last day, and now she's saying the same things that have been said before. Have we ever agreed like that? Not that I recall.

linki: Boo, I didn't realize the kill from the bomb lynch would be random. I thought he could choose. If that's the case, then you're right, it's even less likely.
But a person can't be targeted twice in a row, so his two self votes can't be for the same reason, not to mention this was the first night. Could someone tell him who to vote for on the first day?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Actually, I've thought about it more, and it's entirely possible both Daisy and Llama are teammates. If I had to name the whole mafia team right now, I'm currently thinking it looks something like this:

lipsticklacey, Spacedaisy, thellama73, TinyBubbles/fingersplints

Still going over all of the other possibilities in my mind, but this is my current configuration.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Of course, I'm lying about one of those members, since it's secretly me.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I can see what you're saying regarding Lacey, MP. But I actually can see what Lorab is saying about newbies. Yeah, if newbies are bad, they should go. But we're not sure about it, and whether she is or not, if she feels good about the game, she'll come back. So why not wait another day?

Lacey, after catching up, what are your thoughts on who is bad?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I also find it interesting that LoRab was willing to quickly agree with me about Lacey when she has demonstrated no such inclination previously. It's possible LoRab is gearing to bus a teammate as well, if Lacey is mafia.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Ice bear will not tolerate his honor being questioned. Catching up.
Pov: you reading my takes
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:To respond to other things game-related, yeah, I agree that lots of weird stuff has happened in this game in comparison to what I've been used to lately. Very spread votes. Prevalence of self-voting not committed by a marmot. I had something else in mind to say, since I like threes, but I forgot.

Afraid to play the game? :ponder:
Nope - was waiting on the game, whatever it is!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ. wrote:I can see what you're saying regarding Lacey, MP. But I actually can see what Lorab is saying about newbies. Yeah, if newbies are bad, they should go. But we're not sure about it, and whether she is or not, if she feels good about the game, she'll come back. So why not wait another day?

Lacey, after catching up, what are your thoughts on who is bad?
We're never going to be sure about it.

I'm not saying I entirely disagree with what LoRab is saying. Lacey seems awesome. I love playing with new folks. I can understand, perhaps, wanting to give them D1. But I don't understand why we need to give them until D3 at a minimum. Cookie lasted WAY longer than she should have in Watchmen Mafia, as mafia, because way too many players (most notably, Russ) were way too quick to forgive her ridiculously suspicious actions as a newbie struggling to pick up the game.

Lacey seems to pick up key aspects of the game, given her analysis, yet she is failing to mafia hunt, and keeps harping on her newness. That raises red flags all over the place for this Sock.

I don't think lynching her at this stage will scare her away. Lacey can understand that getting lynched is just a part of the game. If she really enjoyed her brief tenure in the game, I think she'll come back regardless.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 50
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Spacedaisy wrote:Voted for made. No good reason, I have to vote before work.
oh. :kadaj:
Pov: you reading my takes
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

In fact, I'd endorse a lynch of Lacey over Llama and Daisy right now, but I'd be fine with those two as well.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Blooper, noted.

Made, want to play a game? Anyone?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Lacey, if we lynch you, will you come back? :P
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm not trying to seem insensitive. You all can vote however you'd like. Hell, I didn't vote for Lacey either.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

TinyBubbles seriously just committed a drive-by vote for Llama. SUPER LAME.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Drive-by votes are not cool.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

When did Tiny bubbles vote for llama? Did she say anything?

linki: beat me to it
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
lipsticklacey
Posts in topic: 32

Post by lipsticklacey »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
lipsticklacey wrote:
LoRab wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
LoRab wrote:

Why do you want to stop playing it now?

It's a game. Want to play? If so, say yes. If I can quickly get one other and FZ. is still willing, we can play.
Because it's apparently the key to appearing suspicious, which is kinda ridiculous, but okay, I get it.

Sure, I'm up for a game. I'd like to know what it is first, so I don't end up like Michael Douglas, but okay!
If every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs!
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Drive-by votes are not cool.
Says the self voter :P

But agreed.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Regardless of whether Tiny is civilian, that really makes me want to lynch her. So frustrating. This is a SLOW thread. How hard is it to state your reason for your vote?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

lipsticklacey wrote:
Because it's apparently the key to appearing suspicious, which is kinda ridiculous, but okay, I get it.

Sure, I'm up for a game. I'd like to know what it is first, so I don't end up like Michael Douglas, but okay!
So you're concerned about appearing suspicious?

The game is on, if FZ. and Blooper are willing. Anyone else want in? Quickly.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Warning: To play the game, you have to be willing to post and read rather quickly. If you're not checking the thread often, then I'd recommend not playing. It won't take long at all if everyone is actively here.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”