Racketeer
Posts in topic: 75

Re: Angry Birds [Day 2]

Post by FZ. »

Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Why aren't you recognizing the fact that I just stated an opinion on Daisy that she seemed incredibly genuine?
Elo, can you answer this question specifically please?
I don't really understand what you are asking here. Can you rephrase?
After the game was over, I mentioned that I found Daisy's posts to be absolutely genuine and that I felt infinitely better about her. Why didn't you take that opinion into consideration when you voted for her?
B/c I had been gone all day and not read the thread. I voted without thinking. I thought I explained this already. Honestly, I don't even know what "game" you are talking about. I am just sitting down after church, grocery shopping, and feeding the kids lunch. I have less than two hours to catch up, talk about my suspicions, work out, and get myself and the kids ready for another birthday dinner. I'm doing my best even though I know my best is NOT good enough atm. I do apologize. At least I am honest.
I don't mean to be picky, but you didn't really discuss your suspicions. All you keep doing is saying how busy you are, and wasting your time defending yourself instead of actually contributing to the game. And no, saying you're going to tie the votes to make it interesting, is not what I consider contributing.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ. wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Why aren't you recognizing the fact that I just stated an opinion on Daisy that she seemed incredibly genuine?
Elo, can you answer this question specifically please?
I don't really understand what you are asking here. Can you rephrase?
After the game was over, I mentioned that I found Daisy's posts to be absolutely genuine and that I felt infinitely better about her. Why didn't you take that opinion into consideration when you voted for her?
B/c I had been gone all day and not read the thread. I voted without thinking. I thought I explained this already. Honestly, I don't even know what "game" you are talking about. I am just sitting down after church, grocery shopping, and feeding the kids lunch. I have less than two hours to catch up, talk about my suspicions, work out, and get myself and the kids ready for another birthday dinner. I'm doing my best even though I know my best is NOT good enough atm. I do apologize. At least I am honest.
I don't mean to be picky, but you didn't really discuss your suspicions. All you keep doing is saying how busy you are, and wasting your time defending yourself instead of actually contributing to the game. And no, saying you're going to tie the votes to make it interesting, is not what I consider contributing.
QFT

:clap:
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

MP, I didn't say I was so worried about your actions surrounding the game. I said there was a part of me who's a little paranoid by the fact that this game makes you look quite civvie like, but in fact, could easily be a clever way to seem helpful. Especially when you left the "conclusions" to us. That said, it was an interesting game, but I agree with whoever said that forcing someone to make a civ/mafia decision on the spot may not reveal that much. I know that for me, one minute I think someone is bad, and then they come on and say something that makes me feel better. So the timing of the game makes all the difference.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Does anyone know where llama is?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ. wrote:MP, I didn't say I was so worried about your actions surrounding the game. I said there was a part of me who's a little paranoid by the fact that this game makes you look quite civvie like, but in fact, could easily be a clever way to seem helpful. Especially when you left the "conclusions" to us. That said, it was an interesting game, but I agree with whoever said that forcing someone to make a civ/mafia decision on the spot may not reveal that much. I know that for me, one minute I think someone is bad, and then they come on and say something that makes me feel better. So the timing of the game makes all the difference.
Got it. I don't disagree about the timing. It's why I wanted the game to occur close to EoD and relatively early on but not too early (D2 or D3). And, yeah, given it is limiting, it does force players to make a gut decision in the moment. That's a pro/con, depending on how you look at it.

If you think I'm seeming helpful without actually being helpful, that's fine. Not sure what else I can say to that.

Linki: Llama is on vacation until Tuesday, but still trying to keep up with both this game and Recruitment.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Elohcin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:What do players think of the fact that Blooper was hyper-concerned about having too many mafia reads? Did her reads seem to develop organically or in a genuine fashion or did they seem forced?
You're exaggerating MP, but I think she was being genuine. I'm pretty sure this exercise was new to her, and the fact that she continued to make baddie reads even after she realized she had eclipsed the mafia team's number makes it genuine.

I've never participated in this exercise before either though. I've just seen it done multiple times.
I know what I'm doing. ;)

For the record, I didn't see anything wrong with it either. Just wanted to see how she'd respond.
I don't like this post one bit. It seems wishy-washy to me which smells bad. Then again, I am always pinged at least a little by MP.
DFaraday wrote:
My main suspicion is still Elo. I still feel that she was bandwagoning, and has not presented much of a satisfactory explanation since.
Funny. I agree with this. I did bandwagon (or thought I did...llama had just as many voted as daisy and I didn't notice). And I haven't given a satisfactory explanation b/c I don't have one. I was being stupid and thoughtless. I am majorly stressed right now. I am trying to catch up and form an opinion as I post this. I will keep you posted. haha. posted.

linki with FZ (and a bunch of others) - I'm workin' on it baby, chill! I am almost caught up.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:What do players think of the fact that Blooper was hyper-concerned about having too many mafia reads? Did her reads seem to develop organically or in a genuine fashion or did they seem forced?
You're exaggerating MP, but I think she was being genuine. I'm pretty sure this exercise was new to her, and the fact that she continued to make baddie reads even after she realized she had eclipsed the mafia team's number makes it genuine.

I've never participated in this exercise before either though. I've just seen it done multiple times.
I know what I'm doing. ;)

For the record, I didn't see anything wrong with it either. Just wanted to see how she'd respond.
I don't like this post one bit. It seems wishy-washy to me which smells bad. Then again, I am always pinged at least a little by MP.
Wishy-washy? :huh:

What's wishy-washy about it?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Anyway, I likely won't be back until D3, if I'm still alive, so... if I do die, my top 3 suspects are:

1) TinyBubbles
2) Elohcin
3) Hard to decide... Maybe thellama73. Definitely consider lynching 1 and 2 more heavily, but consider everyone.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 88
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:MP, I didn't say I was so worried about your actions surrounding the game. I said there was a part of me who's a little paranoid by the fact that this game makes you look quite civvie like, but in fact, could easily be a clever way to seem helpful. Especially when you left the "conclusions" to us. That said, it was an interesting game, but I agree with whoever said that forcing someone to make a civ/mafia decision on the spot may not reveal that much. I know that for me, one minute I think someone is bad, and then they come on and say something that makes me feel better. So the timing of the game makes all the difference.
I've got an idea who MP might be, and I don't think lynching him would be a good idea.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Got it. I don't disagree about the timing. It's why I wanted the game to occur close to EoD and relatively early on but not too early (D2 or D3). And, yeah, given it is limiting, it does force players to make a gut decision in the moment. That's a pro/con, depending on how you look at it.

If you think I'm seeming helpful without actually being helpful, that's fine. Not sure what else I can say to that.

Linki: Llama is on vacation until Tuesday, but still trying to keep up with both this game and Recruitment.
I'm sorry if it came off as you not being helpful. That was not my intention. I sometimes worry when people are being helpful in a way that is not really stating opinions or asking questions. Boo evokes those feelings in me as well, which is why I can't bring myself to fully trust him. There's all this talk about the game mechanics which contributes a lot in terms of what's going on, but it is often unrelated to specific players. Not sure I'm explaining this properly.

linki: I don't think we should lynch MP either
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I guess I read your question about blooper as suspicion of her and then when MM says he thinks she is genuine, then you are quick to agree with him saying that was your opinion the whole time too. Your post doesn't read genuine to me. I am wondering if we ought to look at quiet players b/c of the no night action thing Night 1. I know that diasy could have used her power night one, but if I were in her shoes, I don't think I would have done that. I would have waited until a more crucial time in the game. What is everyone's thoughts on this?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I don't know, Elo. I think I would probably save it too, but it's because I'm too cautious. I don't think that would be the right thing to do. No idea what Daisy would do.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 19

Post by fingersplints »

FZ. wrote: I'm sorry if it came off as you not being helpful. That was not my intention. I sometimes worry when people are being helpful in a way that is not really stating opinions or asking questions. Boo evokes those feelings in me as well, which is why I can't bring myself to fully trust him. There's all this talk about the game mechanics which contributes a lot in terms of what's going on, but it is often unrelated to specific players. Not sure I'm explaining this properly.

linki: I don't think we should lynch MP either
I think you are explaining it fine. It's an easy way for mafia to look like they are contributing. It just seems standard for boo, so not sure it really makes him suspicious.
Gro-oo-ovy
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Elohcin wrote:I guess I read your question about blooper as suspicion of her and then when MM says he thinks she is genuine, then you are quick to agree with him saying that was your opinion the whole time too. Your post doesn't read genuine to me. I am wondering if we ought to look at quiet players b/c of the no night action thing Night 1. I know that diasy could have used her power night one, but if I were in her shoes, I don't think I would have done that. I would have waited until a more crucial time in the game. What is everyone's thoughts on this?
What is your take on other people?

linki: Thanks. I have been feeling better about Boo lately, so I get what you're saying. Splints, who do you find suspicious and why? What do you think about the last two lynches?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 12

Post by Simon »

While the birds were on their journey, some pigs were going after them. The birds fought back. It was like an egg war. The pigs were trying to get the eggs.

boo has been killed by Foreman Pig. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
lipsticklacey
Posts in topic: 32

Post by lipsticklacey »

Simon wrote:While the birds were on their journey, some pigs were going after them. The birds fought back. It was like an egg war. The pigs were trying to get the eggs.

boo has been killed by Foreman Pig. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
Wow, dramatic! :huh:

RIP, Boo.
If every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs!
lipsticklacey
Posts in topic: 32

Post by lipsticklacey »

LoRab wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Elohcin - her vote at the end, and the later reasoning to follow.
fingersplints - her Day 1 vote
LoRab - her defence of lacey for being new (though I guess they are friends)
Russtifinko - I don't really know why.
llama - everything

I would also like to hear yours MP.
fingersplints - D1 vote, general lack of posting
LoRab - the defense of Lacey, then agreeing with me on Lacey possibly being mafia when she had no previous inclination, yet reluctant to vote for her
nijuu - I no longer have a GTH mafia read on Blooper
Russ - I can't remember a single opinion he has had yet
Llama - His TinyBubbles suspicion was incredibly weak and struck me as forced/insincere and he could have been saved today
TinyBubbles - DRIVE-BY VOTE, nuff said
I'm not bad, but eye me all you want. :lorab:

But seriously...yours is the same eplanation that others have parrotted, so I'm going with yours.

I discouraged a lacey lynch day 1/2 to let her have her footing. Because she's a personal friend and she's new. It was only during yesterday that I started becoming suspicious of her--you happened to mention it before I did. She's been playing the newbie card a lot, and some of her questions seem as if they are overly trying to sound civ-friendly.

I'd rather lynch Splints first--I think she's more likely bad. But Lacey no longer has a pass. I'm confident that she likes the game and will return. :p
That makes sense. I'd probably be suspicious, too, if I didn't know what a "I don't know what I'm doing, please like me" fool I am in new situations :P

Then again, maybe I'm a fool *and* bad. :shifty:

And yes, I'll return, this is lots of fun (and a new side of LoRab to experience!) I appreciate the opportunity I've had to gain my footing.
If every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs!
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 27

Re: Angry Birds [Day 3]

Post by Boomslang »

RIP, boo. So it goes :/. But this thread has been really quiet tonight... too quiet. Time to start some things :P

Blooper, has the death of boo helped you reconcile your number of mafia suspects with the number of actual mafia?
Russ, you didn't post at all Day 2. What are your thoughts?
Elo, you mentioned wanting to look at quiet players today; who's highest on the list?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Boomslang wrote:RIP, boo. So it goes :/. But this thread has been really quiet tonight... too quiet. Time to start some things :P

Blooper, has the death of boo helped you reconcile your number of mafia suspects with the number of actual mafia?
Elo, you mentioned wanting to look at quiet players today; who's highest on the list?
You wanna be starin' something?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 16

Post by DFaraday »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Boomslang wrote:RIP, boo. So it goes :/. But this thread has been really quiet tonight... too quiet. Time to start some things :P

You wanna be starin' something?

I will be gone all day tomorrow, with basically no chances to check in, so I'm going to go ahead and *vote Elo* right off the bat.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

TinyBubbles just committed another drive by vote... :evileye:

How is this acceptable? If she's a civilian at this point then she's clearly a liability, unwilling to even post her suspicions as she votes for them. Hopefully she's just a lazy mafia.

She gets my vote. Just popping in before teaching, so apologies in advance for my absence today. Long day ahead of me
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

TinyBubbles, say something!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

FZ. and Boomslang are both off the poll today.

I'm going to wait to place my vote. It's either going to Elohcin or fingersplints, but I may have to reconsider voting fingersplints after TinyBubbles' driveby vote. I don't think she was forced by Gale, because she did state fingersplints as her top suspicion last night.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

RIP Boo.
Boomslang wrote: Elo, you mentioned wanting to look at quiet players today; who's highest on the list?
TinyBubbles most definitely. Her behavior is even more odd than mine :P
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

RIP Boo :( Even though I wasn't 100% sure you were a civ, you are definitely a loss for the game.

I'm not sure I agree with voting for Bubbles. Even though her drive by votes are seriously annoying, I don't think it's enough to make me vote for her. If she's a lazy mafia, like MP thinks, then I'd rather find a different mafia. In my book, if you lose to a non participant baddie, it's like you win, because that's just lame. It's bad when you're a civvie too, but non participant players help the baddies, and not the other way around. Just my two cents on the matter. If she ends up being bad, we've taken another civvie down.

Now, can we just once make a thought out lynch?

I'm going to go over the players again.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Elo's suspicion is so convenient. But I'm going to look at others as well.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Hopping in to say hi. In the midst of a summer cold, which is no fun at all. And awake moments are ability to think are both fairly low right now. Not sure where my vote will go. Splints is possible--other than agreeing on MM and then saying she wasn't being blendy, she hasn't said much. Which sounds more like baddie splints than civie splints. Tiny Bubbles seems like an easy set up because of the drive by votes, but also that is suspicious--and folks have made a good point about non-participation. Elo, I have no idea--need to try to reread her posts. Lacey, still unsure about. She's pinged me, for sure, but it could just be newness.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

First off, I noticed Boo was one of the only people who didn't say fingersplints is bad. At least not that I can recall. If she is bad, why not kill anyone of those calling her bad? If you look at MP's game, a lot of people called her bad. This, coupled with her latest posts makes me think I was wrong about her, and she's not bad.

I also think Boo had a point with the MP second forced vote. He said someone thought it would be amusing to make him vote for himself again. The two people who seem most likely to do that, in my opinion, are llama and MM. It's the kind of sense of humour I expect from them. That would mean one of them could be the independent role. One that we'd have to get rid of I assume. If anyone has a take on that, I'd love to hear it.

So now, to the mafia. In my opinion, it's not Russ, TB, Boomslang, FS or MM. Each for their own reasons.

I'm left with these players whom I'll discuss in alphabetical order:

DF- Hasn't raised any red flags so far, but has voted for two civvies (since I know I'm one). He's going for Elo this day. A part of me thinks that if he's bad, he should wait a little to see if his voice will be needed later. But maybe the mafia just decided that they'll vote early and if one of them is going down, they're on their own to make sure no connections are identified. This is true for all other players. But at the moment, he's not really someone who seems that fishy to me.

Eloh- She's the obvious choice for a vote to me. She's busy defending herself instead of looking for baddies. Her choices for voting are horrible, and she does voice suspicion, it's for the easiest target in the game. The only thing that's making me question myself is that maybe she's doing too bad to actually be bad. But she's an option at the moment.

Lorab- Seems honest. Only worry is her defence of Lipstick which could be an honest one, or could be of a baddie trying to look genuine and buddy up to who she believes is a civ. Now she's backing down. Maybe she really thinks Lipstick could be bad, but I can also see her doing it because she needs more options for lynches. A lot of WIFOM here, but bottom line is, I think I trust her more than not at the moment.

Lipstick- Tricky one. My gut is telling me that her answer that she's trying to seem more trustworthy because that's the way to keep her from getting lynched, was a funny way of warding her genuine approach. There are moments of hesitation, but I'm still not ready to vote for her.

Made- like SD, I find that third person talk quite annoying, but that doesn't make him bad :P Made Can you explain why you voted for Boo and why you felt he was the baddest of them all? He's kind of a riddle to me. Not sure how to read him.

MP- Hmm. I don't know whether to trust my initial instincts that this is just civ MP doing what I expect him to do, or if he's trying to throw some reverse psychology at us with his self vote on the first day, and how he was surprised not more people thought he was suspicious. I'm also surprised by the TB vote. I know she deserves it as a player, but does he really think that she's just a lazy mafia? I've seen civ MP use this sort of logic to justify a vote I thought was wrong, but I expect more from him. So not sure about him.

Ninja- She can be a baddie. I see no real reason why she can't, though I see no reason why she could. I get the feeling Ninja is too blendy this game.

llama-I can easily see him as bad, but I would really like to wait until he comes back to make a more informed decision. His vote for TB was pretty bad if you ask me, but if he was in a real hurry, I could see him going with that, since we didn't discuss the Eagle option yet at that point. And llama is one that uses the straight forward options. I didn't like the Scotty hunch either, but him being busy gives him the BOTD in my book. I am far from looking at him as a civ, just want to wait until his return.

MM is one of those I said I don't think is mafia, but I think maybe I shouldn't rule him out
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

That was a very long post. Please read it even nevertheless :puppy:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Voting now so I don't forget to vote. Going with Splints. Seems like likely mafia. And I'm guessing TB driveby voted her for the sake of separation. I think they're both bad, at the moment.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

LoRab wrote:Voting now so I don't forget to vote. Going with Splints. Seems like likely mafia. And I'm guessing TB driveby voted her for the sake of separation. I think they're both bad, at the moment.
So much for reading my post :rolleyes:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

FZ. wrote:
LoRab wrote:Voting now so I don't forget to vote. Going with Splints. Seems like likely mafia. And I'm guessing TB driveby voted her for the sake of separation. I think they're both bad, at the moment.
I read your post. Doesn't mean I agreed with everything you said.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

LoRab wrote:
FZ. wrote:
I read your post. Doesn't mean I agreed with everything you said.
You could at least say if you agreed with something, and what you don't and why. I said I think Splints is not bad and TB might not be either. You just said the opposite, but what real reason do you have for thinking Splints is bad? All I saw was everyone bandwagoning on what I said about her on the first day. Since then, it's been a snowball with no real reason
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I just saw your reasoning earlier in the page.

So what it boils down to is that all the baddies are low posters. Good thing we got all the baddies. I think we can end the game.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Forgot the orange :P
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

It's not about low posters. It's about what the posts that are there do say.

As for killing Boo, baddies kill for all sorts of different reasons--some baddies don't kill people who have named them on purpose--exactly for the purpose of folks figuring out suspicion based on that. So your whole point of why you don't think she is supicious because Boo was killed doesn't hold true.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

LoRab wrote:It's not about low posters. It's about what the posts that are there do say.

As for killing Boo, baddies kill for all sorts of different reasons--some baddies don't kill people who have named them on purpose--exactly for the purpose of folks figuring out suspicion based on that. So your whole point of why you don't think she is supicious because Boo was killed doesn't hold true.
Nah, I don't buy that. I think that a lot of people talked about Splints and I get not killing me who was very vocal about her, but most people just said in MP's game, they thought she was mafia, but didn't really have reasons. Also, it's not like others voted for her other then Ninja, Lipstick and I. In addition, Boo didn't defend her. He just didn't talk about her. It's not your regular "let's not kill the person who called you mafia so they won't be on to you".

Whatever. I'm tired. This game has had one of the worst lynches I've seen on the first day, and bandwagoning in all the other lynches (including today). I think people's reasoning for voting sucks, but that's just me.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 19

Post by fingersplints »

FZ the Broadway game dfaraday was bad, and he voted early frequently. Voted early for his teammates too. I also do not have any red flags from him this game, but him voting early isn't a civvie point for me
Gro-oo-ovy
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

FZ. wrote:
LoRab wrote:It's not about low posters. It's about what the posts that are there do say.

Nah, I don't buy that. I think that a lot of people talked about Splints and I get not killing me who was very vocal about her, but most people just said in MP's game, they thought she was mafia, but didn't really have reasons. Also, it's not like others voted for her other then Ninja, Lipstick and I. In addition, Boo didn't defend her. He just didn't talk about her. It's not your regular "let's not kill the person who called you mafia so they won't be on to you".

Whatever. I'm tired. This game has had one of the worst lynches I've seen on the first day, and bandwagoning in all the other lynches (including today). I think people's reasoning for voting sucks, but that's just me.
You don't buy that? bullshit. Baddies kill for all sorts of reasons. Not just the ones that you would go for. I have seen baddie teams kill someone who hasn't mentioned anyone on the team for the sake of them not having mentioned anoyone on the team. Why deny that such is possible?

Disagree with me? Fine. But that doesn't mean that I'm wrong. Doesn't mean I'm right either. But I don't need to fit my thinking with your theories. Because I've seen things happen differently. Unless, of course, you know what the baddies are thinking...
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

fingersplints wrote:FZ the Broadway game dfaraday was bad, and he voted early frequently. Voted early for his teammates too. I also do not have any red flags from him this game, but him voting early isn't a civvie point for me
It's not a civvie point for me either. I was just voicing my thoughts. I knew someone who I'd catch every game because he voted much earlier as a baddie. Until he figured out that's how I was on to him. So yeah, I agree.
I'm trying to understand Lorab's vote here. And I'm pinged by it. I wonder if it's an attempt to save Eloh. I guess that if Eloh comes out bad, I'd be inclined to see DF more as a civ and Lorab as a baddie.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Lorab, I didn't mean to make it sound like you're not entitled to your own opinions. I'm sorry if I offended you. I appreciate your thoughts. I just wish people's reasoning for voting would be based on more than what I've seen so far. I feel like ever since my voiced suspicion on Splints, she's become a bandwagon easy to hop on.
Here, she just contributed something. Does that change anything for you? And how about all other people who haven't contributed anything, like Eloh, Russ, TB and anyone else. Why didn't you vote for them?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

FZ. wrote:RIP Boo :( Even though I wasn't 100% sure you were a civ, you are definitely a loss for the game.

I'm not sure I agree with voting for Bubbles. Even though her drive by votes are seriously annoying, I don't think it's enough to make me vote for her. If she's a lazy mafia, like MP thinks, then I'd rather find a different mafia.
But really...mafia is mafia. If we lynch a mafia, they cannot use the lynched player's power anymore. So, it is still good to lynch a lazy mafia.

I'm voting TinyBubbles.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Elohcin wrote:
FZ. wrote:RIP Boo :( Even though I wasn't 100% sure you were a civ, you are definitely a loss for the game.

I'm not sure I agree with voting for Bubbles. Even though her drive by votes are seriously annoying, I don't think it's enough to make me vote for her. If she's a lazy mafia, like MP thinks, then I'd rather find a different mafia.
But really...mafia is mafia. If we lynch a mafia, they cannot use the lynched player's power anymore. So, it is still good to lynch a lazy mafia.

I'm voting TinyBubbles.
I'm voting Eloh.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

FZ. wrote:Lorab, I didn't mean to make it sound like you're not entitled to your own opinions. I'm sorry if I offended you. I appreciate your thoughts. I just wish people's reasoning for voting would be based on more than what I've seen so far. I feel like ever since my voiced suspicion on Splints, she's become a bandwagon easy to hop on.
Here, she just contributed something. Does that change anything for you? And how about all other people who haven't contributed anything, like Eloh, Russ, TB and anyone else. Why didn't you vote for them?
Speaking of not contributing anything...I'm really sorry for that. I traveled over the weekend, and was in Recruitment, both of which took more out of me than I expected. I read along but never had the energy to put into posting anything of use.

None of which is an excuse. I have asked to be replaced in Recruitment, so I'll be dedicating all my mafia time and energy to this one now.

So I'm pretty caught up on the thread events in general, but need to work on firming up my reads on people. I will say for starters that MP is playing a much different style than I am used to. It's wackier and less questioning. Usually weird styles ring baddie bells for me, but this one comes off as super genuine somehow. So I'm gonna continue to reevaluate, but for now I feel good about him.

So FZ., just to confirm, nothing in particular changed your mind on fingers, right? You just don't like the bandwagoniness with which people are bringing her up, and you're not convinced your earlier ping was right? Or am I off base here?

Also, I see Elo is catching flak again. I'll read her back through, but this feels like Elo's civ game to me so far.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 38
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Hmmm, I see there are only 5 votes left to be cast.

FZ., if we were to assume Elo were civvie, just for the sake of argument, where else could you have seen your vote going?

Also, as a more general question, why did everyone seem to get LESS suspicious of me when I stopped talking? I mean, I'll take it, it just seems weird.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Russtifinko wrote:Hmmm, I see there are only 5 votes left to be cast.

FZ., if we were to assume Elo were civvie, just for the sake of argument, where else could you have seen your vote going?

Also, as a more general question, why did everyone seem to get LESS suspicious of me when I stopped talking? I mean, I'll take it, it just seems weird.
First of all, Fingersplints latest posts come off as more genuine. Her first day pinge was mostly because one post which when she replied to back then, didn't do anything to change my mind. The second day, it was between llama and Daisy for me, but then when forced to put my gut to the test by MP's game, I decided I wasn't ready to vote for neither of them, so I went back to Splints. It wasn't a good vote, but it was 3 am for me, and I was all over the place with confusion. So based on the last day and the fact that many people were saying she was bad, yet none of those people are dead, I'd say I'm feeling a lot better about her.

If Eloh is civ, she's playing one crappy civ game, no offence. So my vote is on her. I am very interested in hearing llama, because he's one I don't trust at the moment, though with circumstances being the way they are, I can see him doing what he did as a civ.
Lorab's actions have bothered me this day. It feels like she's not genuine. So maybe my vote would go there.

And I can't answer for others, but for me, I can't see you being such a lazy mafia. I guess I expect more from you either way, but when others depend on you for their win, I can't see you not being here that much.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Just to be clear, I thought Eloh's vote was suspicious as hell, which is why I voted for her. I do not think she's civ, and when I said that if she's a civ, she's playing a crappy game, I meant that if it turns out I was wrong about her.

Russ, what do you think about voting for a person who voted twice in a drive by post without saying anything. Do you think that person should be regarded more as a lazy baddie or a lazy civvie (I know it can be both, but if you had to decide the likelihood, which would it be)?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I'm going to sleep. So I guess I'll get my answers tomorrow.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Russtifinko wrote:
Also, I see Elo is catching flak again. I'll read her back through, but this feels like Elo's civ game to me so far.
I'm always catching flak, aren't I Russti? I think I am just used to it and don't care anymore.
FZ. wrote:
If Eloh is civ, she's playing one crappy civ game, no offence.
I know my gameplay has not been very civ-like. But if I were bad, don't you think I would act a little smarter than I have? I would call the way I have been playing sloppy-civ.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 35
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Good god it's been a long day. I'm not used to being up for so many daylight hours. First day of school hurts, exhaustion-wise. Responses and a little streeeeeeeeeeam of consciousness :biggrin:
Elohcin wrote:I guess I read your question about blooper as suspicion of her and then when MM says he thinks she is genuine, then you are quick to agree with him saying that was your opinion the whole time too. Your post doesn't read genuine to me. I am wondering if we ought to look at quiet players b/c of the no night action thing Night 1. I know that diasy could have used her power night one, but if I were in her shoes, I don't think I would have done that. I would have waited until a more crucial time in the game. What is everyone's thoughts on this?
I disagree, especially with the flak Daisy was taking with her first vote. It's an awesome power, and a lot of people like to use their awesome powers as early as possible just in case they die. In general, too, I think it's more likely that that power was used rather than a situation where an entire baddie team missed their actions.

Well, it served to confirm that he isn't bad, unless something totally effed up :P But it doesn't reconcile much as far as numbers, at least the kill alone. Other things have made me rethink some of my suspicions.

Haven't been called "blendy" in a while. I can attribute that to a majorly increased RL workload and not as much effort into baddie hunting, for which I apologize. But I have been thinking about my votes, more so than several people.

I'm feeling better about splints. Her recent posts haven't seemed as (dare I use the word again? :P ) opportunistic/blendy as her play in BoB. She has been more helpful, especially in regards to discussing DF's behavior and behavior in general. I also feel better because, as it was said by FZ. (boy, we are agreeing a lot, aren't we?), ever since suspicion was brought up about her, other, quieter players have latched onto it.

I'm going to end up repeating what others have said, but oh well. I don't like Bubbles' drive-by votes. I was also a bit confused by this opinion:

I'm not sure I agree with voting for Bubbles. Even though her drive by votes are seriously annoying, I don't think it's enough to make me vote for her. If she's a lazy mafia, like MP thinks, then I'd rather find a different mafia. In my book, if you lose to a non participant baddie, it's like you win, because that's just lame. It's bad when you're a civvie too, but non participant players help the baddies, and not the other way around. Just my two cents on the matter. If she ends up being bad, we've taken another civvie down.

Now, can we just once make a thought out lynch?

I'm going to go over the players again.
Was it a typo when you said "if she ends up being bad, we've taken another civvie down"? Or are you saying that lynching a non-participant baddie instead of a participating one is just as bad as lynching a civ? Just wanting clarification, as it would be a strange thing to say if it is the latter.

I agree that Eloh has said a lot about not being active, but hasn't said much as far as contributing to finding baddies. However, I also know that she is one busy lady, so I believe her real life excuses. Soooooo...I'm torn on her. Someone else mentioned that either MM or llama would be ones to force MP to vote himself twice for amusement, and I totally agree. I'd like to see what llama has to say when he returns. MM has been pretty buddy-buddy with me, too, which that and the fact that I don't feel like he's bad makes me...want to rethink him.

Well, dangit. Congratulations, me - I've made myself more paranoid than ever. I feel like I have lots of information but I don't know what to do with it. I will think about these things in regards to my vote today.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”