Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (End Game)

Moderator: Community Team

Game End!

Thank you
29%
for playing
20%
See you in number 5?
31%
aapje is too busy but he'll try to keep up....
11%
like every other time I make him play.
9%

Total votes: 45
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 393

Re: Recruitment Mafia IV: Dawn of the Clans (Day 2)

Post by Ricochet »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Lynching Bubbles for her ninja vote seems weak to me. Is ninja-voting a strategy that a baddie has ever successfully employed? Has lynching a ninja-voter ever caught a baddie?
Maybe she's silenced? I don't remember her posting at all during Day 2.
She did post and I also don't recall any silencer on position 1. We have one on position 5.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 255

Post by Bullzeye »

Turnip Head wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Lynching Bubbles for her ninja vote seems weak to me. Is ninja-voting a strategy that a baddie has ever successfully employed? Has lynching a ninja-voter ever caught a baddie?
Maybe she's silenced? I don't remember her posting at all during Day 2.
Looks like she posted once this phase.
TinyBubbles wrote:I did not expect to see Epi go so soon, RIP, and Typhoony too
Was it very early in the phase? Like early enough she might not have read a PM saying you're silenced before she posted? But then if that was the case wouldn't her post have been deleted?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I guess what my last post is saying is that if Bubbles is definitely 100% not silenced I'm probably also voting for her because the TH votes are crazy lazy.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 324

Post by Golden »

reywaS wrote:
Golden wrote:
Roxy wrote:Also llama what happened to your Bubbles suspicion? Did it just magically disappear?

Same goes to all the Teeth voters - did your suspicion (strong enough to place a vote on him yesterday) just disappear over the night phase?
I would not say it fully evaporated, but his comment when he thought he was lynched made me think twice about him, and yeah it did make me think he was more likely to be civ than I previously thought.
Really? Why?
He said 'go civs' after he thought he was going to be lynched, and it read genuinely to me.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 458
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bullzeye wrote:I guess what my last post is saying is that if Bubbles is definitely 100% not silenced I'm probably also voting for her because the TH votes are crazy lazy.
Do you associate lazy votes with anti-town more than town?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote:VOTE REGISTERED FOR GOLDEN I'm not sure I want to wait for him to consider it impossible for myself and he to be on the same team :P
Why, are you scared that me deciding that would actually lead to your death?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 155

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Scratch that. This is her only post from Day 2.
TinyBubbles wrote:I did not expect to see Epi go so soon, RIP, and Typhoony too
Linki: Gotcha. I thought someone had mentioned there was one on Position 1. Thanks.

Linki2: Not really. It was only a few hours ago. But I guess it's technically possible she posted before reading her PMs. Although if she were silenced, her post would have been deleted.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I guess what my last post is saying is that if Bubbles is definitely 100% not silenced I'm probably also voting for her because the TH votes are crazy lazy.
Do you associate lazy votes with anti-town more than town?
If you're willing to blindly follow someone you don't know you can trust, then you're acting in an anti-town manner IMO. Not to mention it takes away accountability by saying well they told me to so I did it and it's their fault.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 279

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:VOTE REGISTERED FOR GOLDEN I'm not sure I want to wait for him to consider it impossible for myself and he to be on the same team :P
YOU Seem to think that it led to Epis, so :shrug:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 121

Post by Canucklehead »

I thought you were playing this as a neutral, bubba. Why do you suddenly care about good baddie catching strategy? Or are you just firing off stock responses to other people's posts? :p

(and for the record, I don't have any idea if Tiny is a baddie, and I don't recall ever intimating anything different. :nicenod: )
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote:
You mean if you put a hit out on me like you did Epi? Yeah. Kinda.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 162
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

@Rico & BWT: We're not sure there isn't a silencer on Position 1 -- this was brought up a little earlier today and I mentioned that the Keeper of Order's "pull a player over" sounds like it could be a silencing power.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

What's up with timmer's self vote?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:@BWT, ok, that makes sense. I was like :confused:
Bullzeye wrote:
S~V~S wrote: This pretty much sums up how I feel about the TH votes. I find that remark he made to be brow raising, but not enough to merit a vote, gossip or not. TH is a strong player, and I am not ready to experiment on him just yet. I have not seen anything from my day one vote, Bullz, to alarm me so i doubt I will vote for him again today, although i plan to keep an eye on him. He plays a pretty seamless recruited game in my experience.
I don't think I've played a seamless game my entire life! Lost Revolution was like the biggest fluke ever.
Ha ha ha, well, you were a seamless recruit there. So it was an awesome fluke. I was so impressed!
Yeah, this. I find the whole nonchalance about the whole thing to be almost chilling, tbh. Everything else I have seen seems like a little ping next to it.

VOTING FOR GOLDEN
What nonchalance?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I do not like that I am being painted as a villain just for admitting that I actively tried to bait a kill on epi

I particularly don't like when people keep ascribing to my thinking things that I have not said (like that I think the only possible explanation for the kill was that I was successful in baiting the kill, because I just have so much power in the world).

I really hate it when wanting to be honest is what gets me suspected.

DH - I don't buy that you are scared for a second. It's just more bullshit. If I successfully baited an epi kill, there is no way I succeed in doing that twice.
SVS - I would like you to tell me whether or not a factor in your vote is just that you don't approve of what I tried to do to epi (and may have succeeded in doing). If it is or is not it's ok, I just want to know.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:
YOU Seem to think that it led to Epis, so :shrug:
DH's vote seems to be very intentionally tongue in cheek to me.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

nutella wrote:@Rico & BWT: We're not sure there isn't a silencer on Position 1 -- this was brought up a little earlier today and I mentioned that the Keeper of Order's "pull a player over" sounds like it could be a silencing power.
Oh, got it. Nevertheless, Bubbles doesn't seemed to be the case. The only player I didn't register as having said anything yet on D2 is Russtifinko. I saw him logged, so maybe he did get pulled over?

linki @ JJJ: Timmer tends to self-vote when he fails to keep up during a Day (Guess Who, I think?0). Unfortunately, he also has a bad meta on having faked that once (Deborah in Biblical).
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I am more suspicious of the MP voters than I am of the average random participant. This post by Scotty troubles me:
Scotty wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I have been quite clear in the fact that I vacationing at the beach until tiesday being relentless pestered by small children and trying to keep up on my phone. I'm sorry that I have been able to weigh in on every topic of discussion, but at least I am not missing votes. I am basing my votes on pings as I see them until I get back. If that makes me a liability, then don't recruit me to your team.
You're right. I'm sorry as well. I understand why you think I've overreacted because I have. I really don't want to get lynched on D2 over baseless reasons this game. Surely you can relate to being an easy lynch.

I'll move my vote.
Make sure you bold it!

linki- that goes for you too MM!

I think MP's frustrations are genuine, but I think they are coming different angles. Angry Birds shouldn't be an excuse here, and I actually don't see the passive-aggressiveness he's expressing via Rico and llama, but hey man, everybody's got something going on. It's just whooshing right over my head. Last time I saw MP this wound up was in Watchmen, and that was when he was taking a bit of heat before the vote. This, however, doesn't seem like heat for a vote, but for a myriad of personal semantic and personal reasons. He was frustrated civ in that game, but I don't know if I read that here.

Y'all ever tried crack cocaine? I was hanging out on the street yesterday with a buddy who had recently been dumped and this homeless man started talking with us about the miracles of crack. He invited us to his lair between buildings to try some, and my buddy felt like he had nothing better to do. So he joined in while I went to the pharmacy to get some mango spears. The line there had only 2 people but took like 10 minutes- no kidding!! :suspish: - and by the time I got back, my buddy had already left with a girl he had met at the bodega nearby, homeless man was nowhere to be seen. This morning he texted and said he had a crazy night, and it was the best decision of his life. Those mango spears were in so very ripe and in season and I DEVOURED them as well :workit: . All in all, a good night had by all!

Don't be afraid to try something new, MP. You do you. I know you are stressed out, and I get that feel. But you may want to check that at the door, since, to me anyway, it doesn't do your civ cred- in this game at least- any favors.
That first true paragraph is all over the place. Scotty reads MP's frustration as genuine (first highlight), but not as civilian genuine -- I view this distinction dubiously. That isn't because I don't think there can be a distinction, there can. It's because I don't follow the logic Scotty has laid out to arrive at that conclusion. He drew the comparison to frustration exhibited by MP in Watchmen (I did not follow this game closely), referencing the reasons MP was taking heat rather than MP's actual behavior. This means Scotty's interest lies in the accusations being leveled upon MP and not in MP's responses to them -- that's the wrong place to focus.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 128

Post by Sorsha »

My 2nd choice is you btw. I think the quotes aapje found from you could be interpreted the way he suggested and I also think you'd be a great early recruit choice... Whether the civvies or the baddies would snap you up first would be the question.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 269
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Canucklehead wrote:
I thought you were playing this as a neutral, bubba. Why do you suddenly care about good baddie catching strategy? Or are you just firing off stock responses to other people's posts? :p

(and for the record, I don't have any idea if Tiny is a baddie, and I don't recall ever intimating anything different. :nicenod: )
Hey I mean, if you wanna lynch her for a bum reason, be my guest :beer: Given the reasoning behind the votes for her, I think it will likely be a wasted lynch that leads to no information whatsoever. I think Bubbles is likely neutral at this point, and the neutrals are my homies.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 363

Post by DharmaHelper »

DH - I don't buy that you are scared for a second. It's just more bullshit. If I successfully baited an epi kill, there is no way I succeed in doing that twice.
Well, if you get lynched theres no chance you'll successfully bait another NK.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:I was not directly responsible for killing epi. I was intentionally baiting people into setting me up, though. I suspected that if I made enough of my intention to kill epi, someone else would do it.

I am very sad to see Typhoony die already, I agree with SVS it's a lame kill :( hope you get a rezz, typh.
This nonchalance. This post chilled me. You cared not a whit what anyone else thought. You felt that he was incompatible with you, so he had to go. I feel that YOU are incompatible with the rest of us if this is how you feel.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 239

Post by reywaS »

Golden wrote:
reywaS wrote:
Golden wrote:
Roxy wrote:Also llama what happened to your Bubbles suspicion? Did it just magically disappear?

Same goes to all the Teeth voters - did your suspicion (strong enough to place a vote on him yesterday) just disappear over the night phase?
I would not say it fully evaporated, but his comment when he thought he was lynched made me think twice about him, and yeah it did make me think he was more likely to be civ than I previously thought.
Really? Why?
He said 'go civs' after he thought he was going to be lynched, and it read genuinely to me.
You do realize that there is a baddie recruiter that is immune to lynches and night kills while in position 1, right? Did that factor into your read of the post?
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote:I won't be back before the poll closes, so here goes:

VOTES TURNIP HEAD

He's on my list of players who I don't have a read on and lynching him could be a test of whether or not to ignore future messages from the Speaker of Serenity.
This is a valid example of someone flicking the booger of responsibility onto the Speaker of Serenity. G-Man, the TH vote is yours -- either own it or drop it. Moreover, this logic disregards the very real possibility that the Speaker is merely hunching on Turnip and doesn't actually know anything. If the call for his lynch turns out ill-advised, that would say nothing about the Speaker other than "he/she called for the lynch of the wrong person".

Unless you think that player might have privileged information and is allowed by the hosts to exploit it in such an obvious manner as this. I don't think that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 297
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Ok i'
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

reywaS wrote:
Golden wrote:
reywaS wrote:
Golden wrote:

Really? Why?
You do realize that there is a baddie recruiter that is immune to lynches and night kills while in position 1, right? Did that factor into your read of the post?
It read genuine to me. Yes, I factored in many things. Including him being able to stop the lynch or being responsible for the night ending early. There are many things that could be true, but when I read that post I felt it read genuinely, in a way which outweighed what were moderately small pings I had on him before then.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

golden do you really think MP was civ recruited already?
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
Golden wrote:I was not directly responsible for killing epi. I was intentionally baiting people into setting me up, though. I suspected that if I made enough of my intention to kill epi, someone else would do it.

I am very sad to see Typhoony die already, I agree with SVS it's a lame kill :( hope you get a rezz, typh.
This nonchalance. This post chilled me. You cared not a whit what anyone else thought. You felt that he was incompatible with you, so he had to go. I feel that YOU are incompatible with the rest of us if this is how you feel.
I feel like this vote is really personal. If it's not, ok, but it's certainly the way our discussion has felt today. It feels like you have a personal distaste for the fact I set out to get epi dead, from the start when you are saying it's not golden-like.

I've always made big moves, and the biggest ones I make are against the people I think are most likely to be bad. I don't know what impact me trying to bait the kill actually had, but I really hate that being honest about the fact that this is what I was trying to do has led to some of the things that have been said about me. I didn't need to say it, I could have kept my mouth shut. You specifically asked if I was being set up, I gave my honest view on what may have happened.

I said a long time ago, that anyone who feels like the move against epi was in poor taste, I understand if you vote against me. But I would appreciate the honest truth about it. I don't want to be left wondering.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bass, every single one of your posts in this game so far has been about either MP or yourself.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:golden do you really think MP was civ recruited already?
Bass, I really think you haven't.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

It's past 3.30am and I have to wake up in 4 hours whoops, so I have to tune out. I think I'll actually tax G-Man for his vote, because it's slightly contradictory to this earlier fragment of a post (which I'll quote below), it feels a bit like an exit strategy to a Day 2 he didn't really commit to much (he read people like Bass, MP or Wilgy as null, sort of, and then took the no-reads highway), plus I definitely don't like his "let's test out the simple Messenger's/Gossiper's credibility on the player he told us to lynch" angle, especially coming from him, who has had experience with being a Messenger/Gossiper.

As for the quote, this is it:
G-Man wrote:I pondered following the Speaker of Serenity's request to vote for TH but then I remembered that we have no reason to trust the Speaker of Serenity.
So the trajectory went from "I have no reason to trust what the Speaker says" to "let's test it out on TH to see if we can trust or not what the Speaker says".

I can get easier past MM doing ninja voting moves and a similarly fluff case of trusting the Speaker and Bubbles ghost voting and barely playing all (she left us wondering for two-three days, after all, in Watchmen and she was on a civ seat), but this one definitively stuck out to me.

Waffles in my cookbook.

Vote: G-Man

As for others: Wilgy's elaborate post was...interesting, but I didn't fully warm me up; might revisit him. I didn't like MP's approach on D1 (and a bit afterwards, too), but I'm willing to move past that story, so is he and I hope he will keep playing and find a way to balance this with his work. I don't disapprove of Golden's moves as much as others, but I haven't been the only one to point out that his "same team" angle is flawed by either oversight or indifference to his opponents possibly ending up on the "different" civ-aligned team, plus according to my third factor, I can see we some now deem him untrustworthy, so good luck mate.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Golden wrote:
I was just looking for a yes or no.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

I feel like this vote is really personal. If it's not, ok, but it's certainly the way our discussion has felt today. It feels like you have a personal distaste for the fact I set out to get epi dead, from the start when you are saying it's not golden-like.

I've always made big moves, and the biggest ones I make are against the people I think are most likely to be bad. I don't know what impact me trying to bait the kill actually had, but I really hate that being honest about the fact that this is what I was trying to do has led to some of the things that have been said about me. I didn't need to say it, I could have kept my mouth shut. You specifically asked if I was being set up, I gave my honest view on what may have happened.

I said a long time ago, that anyone who feels like the move against epi was in poor taste, I understand if you vote against me. But I would appreciate the honest truth about it. I don't want to be left wondering.
It's totally not personal. I <3 you and you know it. I just feel that you are acting SO out of character that I cannot trust you. That you are a rogue and a threat to everyone with this attitude, this thought that it is OK.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 155

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Larger post incoming. Will be voting at the end of it.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Bass, every single one of your posts in this game so far has been about either MP or yourself.
Yes and no . I had a crazy theory at the start of the game and now I have been defending myself since i have been back. I have been asking golden questions to try to feel him out.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Bass, every single one of your posts in this game so far has been about either MP or yourself.
Yes and no . I had a crazy theory at the start of the game and now I have been defending myself since i have been back. I have been asking golden questions to try to feel him out.
How does he feel? Asking for a friend.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

shady.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:shady.
Please select 3-5 players you haven't talked about yet and tell me how you feel about them -- either briefly or not.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Golden wrote:
I have no particular view as to the likelihood of MP being civ. It's not why I was setting out to save him. I just didn't like the way he took three votes for what I see as poor reasons very early in the day.

@SVS - thank you :) I just wanted to know either way. And I do know you <3 me and I you, but I honestly don't blame anyone if they were mad at me about epi, because I feel guilty about it myself.

I can understand why having acted roguish might make people feel uncomfortable (especially people who know me well). I feel like it's how all neutrals are probably playing, and I'm just overt about it.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 26

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Voting myself until I think of something better.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scotty wrote:Ok i'
VOTE SCOTTY for now until I see a more satisfactory response to my accusation than this ominously incomplete post.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Golden wrote:
I have no particular view as to the likelihood of MP being civ. It's not why I was setting out to save him. I just didn't like the way he took three votes for what I see as poor reasons very early in the day.

@SVS - thank you :) I just wanted to know either way. And I do know you <3 me and I you, but I honestly don't blame anyone if they were mad at me about epi, because I feel guilty about it myself.

I can understand why having acted roguish might make people feel uncomfortable (especially people who know me well). I feel like it's how all neutrals are probably playing, and I'm just overt about it.
Wait, so now you feel guilty about it? You have seemed pretty confident that it was in your best interest to make that move up until now. Why do you feel guilty now?

I have tried to give you the benefit of the doubt after the bold move on day 1, but you keep saying things that set off my bad-dar.
Some day, Some day
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Nutella said she voted me to "prod" well since I have been back she hasn't said anything about what I have said and has left her vote on me llooks fishy to me.

MM votes seems like something normal spamer MM would do so I am feeling ok about.

Timmer self vote looks like someone saying I havent been keeping up and am scared to make a mistake voting for someone else.

JJJ asked for a replacement but decided to stay, I wonder if it was because he was recruited?

Its hard to say who I think is bad and who I think is civ becuase its so early in this game and so many people are still neutral.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Golden wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Golden wrote:

I also took 3 earrly votes and you seem to be fine with that. I just don't see what makes it ok to try to save MP and ok to vote me.
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

So I feel good about another Golden vote.
Some day, Some day
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I am confident it is in my best interests, and if I had my time over I would do it again. Why can't I also feel guilty about it?

I'm sick of people using honesty against me. Once again, WHY IS IT BAD FOR ME TO SAY THAT?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Super tired and it's super late. I want to vote for a TH voter because their reasoning is super weak and sketchy. It's quite lazy to throw out a vote at the whim of another poster - especially one whose identity and allegiance are both unknown. I also expect that if TH were to die today and be revealed as a civ they'd shift all blame to the Speaker. I could go any of three ways on it though so I'll take a few mins to reflect and come back with a name.

Linki Bass: So Nutella prods you and JJJ starts questioning you a bit and you make subtle NO U's? Should I spare the TH voters my wrath? Pretty sure Timmer did offer an explanation for his selfie. MM's vote actually rubs me the wrong way after the amount of thought he put into his day one vote, going through everyone and finding reasons not to vote for people.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

A few points for DrWilgy to address:
DrWilgy wrote:*The lights in the room cut off, and a spotlight turns on revealing a rather handsome man clad in a tuxedo and a matching mask. With one hand he gracefully moves his hand to his mask, the other he runs through his hair. He removes the mask to reveal himself as the good DrWilgy, and he points a finger to the sky* Everyone! The doctor has returned! MM and Unfurl, let's do this together now!
Boomslang wrote:DrWilgy, I see you creeping this thread. Care to explain your switch vote to MP? Because that's really, really sketchy, especially as you've been less than forthcoming with your llama vote analysis (other than to say you "got what you wanted" out of it). Right now, you strike me as very opportunistic.
Opportunistic, yes, very much so. Does this bother you? In regards to creeping, I was merely staying upto pace. I can't be falling too far behind. My vote switch to MP is simple, I wanted to pressure them. I do have an inclination to think that they are scum based upon the voting pattern I saw being formed. Until something else stands out to me, my vote will remain there.

The Llama vote and analysis are two different things, I wanted to see what would happen if a vote was placed on Llama. That's all.

Here's my analysis and thoughts so far, don't expect chronological order, I simply picked through things I found interesting:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:MP, I believe Rico has a correct tally somewhere, but I was not keeping track of votes that were not stated in the thread. Then again, neither would the hosts... :shrug2:
:ponder:

Not sure how much we can gleam from D1's no result at all then.
This is another reason why I can confidently place my vote on MP. While this post may not contain much, suggesting that something has no informative value is wrong. All things are rational and have a reason for happening. Even suggesting that information is useless, can translate to "This evidence is irrelevant" which is always super scummy.
The llama vote that preceded your MP vote remains unexplained unless I missed it. Why did you place that vote?

Regarding your explanation for voting MP: citing an intent to increase pressure on him strikes me as a rather fruitless endeavor. MP was already under a solid amount of pressure (as he so often seems to be around here) and he was spewing a great deal of content in the face of that pressure. What more did you need from him to substantiate your read? The post you referenced to expand on your suspicion does not do your vote much justice either -- it's a very minor post within the fuller context of MP's post history and frankly very easy to criticize.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Bullzeye wrote:Super tired and it's super late. I want to vote for a TH voter because their reasoning is super weak and sketchy. It's quite lazy to throw out a vote at the whim of another poster - especially one whose identity and allegiance are both unknown. I also expect that if TH were to die today and be revealed as a civ they'd shift all blame to the Speaker. I could go any of three ways on it though so I'll take a few mins to reflect and come back with a name.

Linki Bass: So Nutella prods you and JJJ starts questioning you a bit and you make subtle NO U's? Should I spare the TH voters my wrath? Pretty sure Timmer did offer an explanation for his selfie. MM's vote actually rubs me the wrong way after the amount of thought he put into his day one vote, going through everyone and finding reasons not to vote for people.
So on double-checking, Timmer self-voted because he only had 5 minutes of wifi access. Seems fair enough to me, as that's by far not enough time to catch up in this thread unless you've only been away for 10 minutes.
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Golden wrote:I am confident it is in my best interests, and if I had my time over I would do it again. Why can't I also feel guilty about it?

I'm sick of people using honesty against me. Once again, WHY IS IT BAD FOR ME TO SAY THAT?
And more of this type of rhetoric that anyone suspicious of your motives is using a personal vendetta against you. I'm not buying it. Sorry, Golden, it is not personal and I'm not buying that you are "just being honest, honest!!"
Some day, Some day

Return to “Previous Jobs”