Meanwhile...(Host/Non-Player)
57%

Total votes: 7
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 172

Re: Twin Peaks Mafia {DAY 3}

Post by Snow Dog »

Kate wrote:Did INH say he was going to be late?
yes I think he did.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

insertnamehere wrote:PUBLIC NOTICE: In my rush to leave, I forgot to add SVS and Birdwithteeth to the poll, and even more important, I changed the poll end time to tomorrow afternoon, not in two days. I probably will not be able to log on again until tomorrow afternoon.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 416
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Snow Dog wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:PUBLIC NOTICE: In my rush to leave, I forgot to add SVS and Birdwithteeth to the poll, and even more important, I changed the poll end time to tomorrow afternoon, not in two days. I probably will not be able to log on again until tomorrow afternoon.
Thanks.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I must have refreshed this page about 9000 times today...
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Kate wrote:I must have refreshed this page about 9000 times today...
LOL....me too!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 50

Post by insertnamehere »

Writing up the Day post now...
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

insertnamehere wrote:
Writing up the Day post now...
Such a tease!!! lmao. I'm such a dork, I got all butterfly-ish...haha!
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Still not the Day Post.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

OMG. that was just mean!!!!
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

insertnamehere wrote:Still not the Day Post.
Do it again.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

:mad:
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Life fades out, and I wonder what I'm doing in a room like this. There's a knock on the door, and just for a second, I thought I remembered you.

A poem as lovely as a tree:

As the night wind blows, the boughs move to and fro.
The rustling, the magic rustling that brings on the dark dream.
The dream of suffering and pain.
Pain for the victim, pain for the inflicter of pain.
A circle of pain, a circle of suffering.
Woe to the ones who behold the pale horse.

Nobody has died. It is now Night 3, you have 24 hours to PM me your night actions.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Alright, now we are cooking with gas!
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Hmmmm. What is everyone thinking?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Right now all I'm thinking is that its probably good Mata did not die. Now we need to read back and see what we can figure out.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Kate wrote:Right now all I'm thinking is that its probably good Mata did not die. Now we need to read back and see what we can figure out.
I agree. And i just realised why I and Llama were never confirmed civvies. Because whoever is playing Donna Hayward knows how the move works.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 265

Post by thellama73 »

The only role I see that could have stopped a lynch at this point is Josie. So either Mata is Josie, or someone who is on the same team as Mata and knows it is Josie. Of course, any of these people could be recruits, so this tells us nothing.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I think Mata is Josie, because she said she used her power when she was the only one with a vote. That doesn't make her civ, though.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:The only role I see that could have stopped a lynch at this point is Josie. So either Mata is Josie, or someone who is on the same team as Mata and knows it is Josie. Of course, any of these people could be recruits, so this tells us nothing.
This is true. Or Mata is anyone else and her team mate is Josie
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:I think Mata is Josie, because she said she used her power when she was the only one with a vote. That doesn't make her civ, though.
Just her saying it don't make it true.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

thellama73 wrote:I think Mata is Josie, because she said she used her power when she was the only one with a vote. That doesn't make her civ, though.
I think that necessarily makes her Josie either. I also think its a bad idea to ferret out civvie roles in the thread.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 133

Post by Matahari »

and yeah, I thought when you stopped a lynch, that the people who already had votes would still get lynched. I thought cancel meant the whole thing doesnt count, and switch was well, you know.

same principle applies though, interesting vote manip was going on last night, and logic says that one of the two players who didnt get a vote, and was cleared yesterday, might have been recruited yesterday.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

and maybe not- I'll see what everyone else has to say.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Are you under the impression that Bob does not have BTSC with his minions? I just reread his role, that seems like it may be true.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Kate wrote:Are you under the impression that Bob does not have BTSC with his minions? I just reread his role, that seems like it may be true.
It must be true. Otherwise he would be vastly too powerful.

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 21

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I'm so sorry everyone! I was at a concert last night with my gf, MP, and SpaceDaisy, so I didn't get home late. And I worked at 8 EST this morning, so I completely forgot to check in late last night or early this morning, hence why I missed the vote. I knew being in 2 games right now was too much for me.

I'm HOPING I can finally get caught up in this game tonight and get some semblance of what in the world is going on. Because right now all I've really done is skimmed the day post.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I'm confused as to when he actually recruits. So it says on even days. So when on even days? Are we to assume that once odd night X ends, he sends in a PM saying I'll take player Y as a minion?
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

good guestion, I'm working on the assumption that some smilie code was going on, either way
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Vompatti »

thellama73 wrote:The only role I see that could have stopped a lynch at this point is Josie. So either Mata is Josie, or someone who is on the same team as Mata and knows it is Josie. Of course, any of these people could be recruits, so this tells us nothing.
There are quite a few roles with *secrets* though. Maybe one of them could have stopped the lynch or altered the results somehow?
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 130

Post by S~V~S »

Vompatti wrote:
There are quite a few roles with *secrets* though. Maybe one of them could have stopped the lynch or altered the results somehow?
^^This.

Yay for no death, though, whatever the means. And Kate is right~ labeling civ roles in the thread is a bad idea. Even in a game like this where the baddies know who is a civ, they still may not know the roles, and it is good form to stay in for other games with 2 Mafias. Newer players, you WILL get crucified for labeling civ roles in big games with 2 mafias and multiple Indys. So stay in practice, just don't do it :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

S~V~S wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
^^This.

Yay for no death, though, whatever the means. And Kate is right~ labeling civ roles in the thread is a bad idea. Even in a game like this where the baddies know who is a civ, they still may not know the roles, and it is good form to stay in for other games with 2 Mafias. Newer players, you WILL get crucified for labeling civ roles in big games with 2 mafias and multiple Indys. So stay in practice, just don't do it :)
Not just that but they may want to take out certain roles. Why let them know who is who?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 130

Post by S~V~S »

Yeah, thats why i said they may not know the roles. But clarity is not always my strong suit, lol~
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I feel like we really need some sort of cohesive lynch strategy. Without this will be a game of recruits picking civvies off.

I would like to hear what everyone thinks is the best way to go. I really did not like llama's plan of leaving 7 people uncovered but no one else really talked about it. Does anyone else see merit to his plan? Besides Snow Dog who is sure to agree with it :p

Mati I see why you think that but I am not a recruit. I will not be forced into killing anyone tonight.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Also I hope it was a good thing Mati was saved - I actually was trusting bf before he bowed out of the game. Still though he could have been recruited. I don't think so. Who knows lol
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey guys, I know I said I would probably get to this tonight, but I'm exhausted and will likely be up early tomorrow to study.

So I'm just here to say I'm going to attempt (key word) to try some sort of catch up on either or both of my games tomorrow. Just got out of night class after a long day.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Roxy wrote:I feel like we really need some sort of cohesive lynch strategy. Without this will be a game of recruits picking civvies off.

I would like to hear what everyone thinks is the best way to go. I really did not like llama's plan of leaving 7 people uncovered but no one else really talked about it. Does anyone else see merit to his plan? Besides Snow Dog who is sure to agree with it :p

Mati I see why you think that but I am not a recruit. I will not be forced into killing anyone tonight.
Does anyone disagree with my logic that if we split the vote, the baddies cotrol who gets lynched? No one has addressed it and the fact that Roxy is pushing the opposite strategy without addressing why I am wrong pings me significantly.

Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Hmmm. Well at least I understand all the hints Mata dropped now (I think).

So we're on Night 3 now, right? When does tonight end? And is anyone sure about when BOB recruits? Kate, it did also seem to me like it happens at the end of even day periods (so, for example, not today but tomorrow). Whether we should be counting on 3 or 4 baddies could affect my view of the best voting strategy.

Another thing: does each minion get a kill, or do they all share one? It seems like they'd be insanely overpowered if they could all kill.

One thing I realized is we could use the opposite strategy we've been using. Instead of spreading to nearly everyone, we could decide together on 2 or maybe 3 of the most suspicious players and lynch one of them while voting for the other(s). Ideally, I think, we'd try to lynch the person who seems most BOB-like and get votes on his possible recruits. That way we take down the most likely baddie and hopefully avoid any lynch manipulations, and if there's no NK (or fewer NKs than there should be, depending on the answer to my question about how minions kill) we'll know recruits are among the vote-getters.

Of course, that's a risky strategy because if we miss even one recruit there'll be an NK. I just thought I would bring it up, as it seems we may need a more aggressive strategy in order to find BOB quickly.

So I guess I'm a bit torn between llama's and Roxy's offensive and defensive strategies. I think we need to pretty much decide on one unanimously by tomorrow though or the lynch will be a disaster. I hope others will weigh in on this.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

I'm kind of thinking that I'm not worth keeping around at this point, but if there is only one minion unvoted, I dont think I'm important enough to waste a kill on. On the off-chance two minions are unvoted (I think it was planned that way, but someone messed up the voting plan) then I might be a goner. Anyhow, it seems odd to me that Roxy is the only player who mentioned the smilie code. Very odd.

Its also very odd the way those last minutes votes were going this morning, all that directing and following. Felt so planned, ya know?
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Roxy wrote:I feel like we really need some sort of cohesive lynch strategy. Without this will be a game of recruits picking civvies off.

No I think it is a terrible idea. And I fear we ahve too many uncoverd now. I fear a night kill. There are at least two uncovered I do not trust at all.
Vompatti wrote:
Yes but I have been only looking at the white roles. Blacks are not active yet as far as I know. So only Josie could have stopped this lynch.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Llama - I am not advocating any plan of my own. I do not have one. I am asking people what they think of your plan even though I don't like it.
I hate the part about leaving 7 people uncovered.

Mati - lol please pull any or all quotes where I talk about a smilie code b/c the only person who has been talking about it is you tbqh.
You are also talking about why you wouldn't be worth killing but you also say you don't think you are worth keeping around - what did all that mean?

Why do people think there is more than 2 baddies right now? We have only had ONE even day so that would mean only ONE recruit.

The only person I trust that is uncovered is me.

Snow Dog can you offer a better solution to our lynch quandry?
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

At least until Day 4 then there will be 3.
;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Roxy wrote:Llama - I am not advocating any plan of my own. I do not have one. I am asking people what they think of your plan even though I don't like it.
I hate the part about leaving 7 people uncovered.

Mati - lol please pull any or all quotes where I talk about a smilie code b/c the only person who has been talking about it is you tbqh.
You are also talking about why you wouldn't be worth killing but you also say you don't think you are worth keeping around - what did all that mean?

Why do people think there is more than 2 baddies right now? We have only had ONE even day so that would mean only ONE recruit.

The only person I trust that is uncovered is me.

Snow Dog can you offer a better solution to our lynch quandry?
There are three baddies. Bob, his day two recruit and his day zero recruit.

As for a better solution. I seriously think we need to cover evryone except three at most. And we have to agree on a lynch. I cannot go through that last minute panic again.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I asked earlier in the game after taking over if Bob recruited on Day 0 no one answered me so assumed - wrongly - that there is only 1.

I agree with you going with llama's plan requires 7 people open and I am not comfortable with it. Yes as I said we need a cohesive plan.
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

So no one is bothered by the fact that if we cover seven people, there will be three votes left, all of which could be baddie and could be used to direct the lynch? If we let the baddies control the lynch, we will never kill a single one of them.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:So no one is bothered by the fact that if we cover seven people, there will be three votes left, all of which could be baddie and could be used to direct the lynch? If we let the baddies control the lynch, we will never kill a single one of them.
If anyone doesn't follow our plan (if we can actually agree who to lynch) then they will reveal themselves as baddie.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:So no one is bothered by the fact that if we cover seven people, there will be three votes left, all of which could be baddie and could be used to direct the lynch? If we let the baddies control the lynch, we will never kill a single one of them.
If anyone doesn't follow our plan (if we can actually agree who to lynch) then they will reveal themselves as baddie.
Will it matter at that point? There will be four of them and 5 of us (making the rather large assumption that there are no NKs tonight or tomorrow night.)

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Will it matter at that point? There will be four of them and 5 of us (making the rather large assumption that there are no NKs tonight or tomorrow night.)
It's night 3 now so for tomorrows lynch still remains 7 - 3. But assuming one NK 6 - 3. I am fearing 2 nks though. I jusst hope I am totally wrong. If so we know where to look either way.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

May the skimming of 10 pages or so commence!
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

I'm confused by the assumption that each recruit gets their own NK. I was reading that power as they get a communal NK instead, what makes you guys think they could have 2?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Russtifinko wrote:I'm confused by the assumption that each recruit gets their own NK. I was reading that power as they get a communal NK instead, what makes you guys think they could have 2?
I think INH confirmed it in the thread.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”