Roxy is awesome!
47%

Total votes: 15
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 205

Re: Night 1 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Synonym 2 wrote:Lol, the funny part is I have not said a dishonest thing for the entire game. Not sure if LC and Lacey are mafia or just fucking terrible.
Well that's dishonest, seeing as we're all supposed to be masquerading as someone else, which is inherently dishonest.

But keep being needlessly rude and offensive, that will surely help make people want to keep you around.
dunya
Turnip Head
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Says the one who called me a fun sucking jerk for wanting you to be proven wrong?
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Synonym 2 wrote:Says the one who called me a fun sucking jerk for wanting you to be proven wrong?
If you seriously can't tell the difference, you need to take a giant step back and look at what you're saying, and how you're treating people.
dunya
Turnip Head
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Re: Day 1 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by Young Lady »

Llama 2 wrote:
SVS 2 wrote:
Llama 2 wrote:
Timmer 2 wrote:I'll be voting for someone who is trying to tell me I can't talk about what I want to talk about.
You should talk about Gamer Guy and why he is a member of the mafia.
I'll talk about it if you go first. Why is Gamer Guy a member of the mafia?
Call it premonition. Call it a Llamadic enterprise.

Tell me SVS: what was your first choice for your character that you sent in? Did you describe yourself as you are, or how you wish to be perceived?

There are people here that I would expect to send in their biography with a realistic tint. From what I hear and have read, Gamer Guy is a realistic dood, and is usually mafia. Whether or not he is proud of that, or attempting break out of the mold, I can't say.

What I can say is I think he is bad.

Any other questions?
What do you mean by first choice of character? I didn't ask to be any specific character in this game, that wasn't in the questionnaire. I did describe myself as I am, or as I think I am. I don't follow what you're saying about Gamer Guy either. He's often mafia and may have described himself with honesty (is there a reason to think anyone didn't do that?), but what does that have to do with his alignment in this game?
Supervisor
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:
Synonym 2 wrote:Says the one who called me a fun sucking jerk for wanting you to be proven wrong?
If you seriously can't tell the difference, you need to take a giant step back and look at what you're saying, and how you're treating people.
You've been straight up calling me a liar and haven't gotten off my dick since midway through the last phase. But ok.
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

Mom, Dad, please stop fighting...
To be recycled
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Kent Brockman »

Are you a new player? This is Mafia, we call each other liar all the time. That's sort of the point.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Elohcin 2 wrote:Sorry guys, busy with lots of things and popping in while I can! I don't want to vote for Synonym 2 or LC 2, so I won't. I think Synonym was being satirical and his frustration with people taking it too seriously seems genuine. I think LC's suspicion is wrong, but genuine.
What about the way LC conveyed his suspicion strikes you as genuine?

I didn't feel that way. I know hard evidence against players is hard to come by on Day 1, but the accusation that Synonym must have known the number of mafia based on the post in question is a big reach. If it was just an accusation thrown out there to get a reaction that'd be one thing, but he pressed it throughout the day as if it was an important point.
Supervisor
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Synonym 2 wrote:
Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:
You've been straight up calling me a liar and haven't gotten off my dick since midway through the last phase. But ok.
AKA, I've been playing the game by pursuing a very well-founded suspicion, while you've long since given up on actually giving answers or having a reasonable conversation with anyone, and have instead resorted being rude.

I'm done with you, this is a childish temper tantrum, and we all deserve better.
dunya
Turnip Head
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

If this argument is purely about this mafia game then okay, but it seems to be getting personal. Utilize the mod-on-duty, Daisy is a wonderful lady. Let's keep it civil around here please. :)
Supervisor
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

I kind of feel the hostility is one sided, and not really personal.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Cookie 2 wrote:I kind of feel the hostility is one sided, and not really personal.
Pretty difficult to be personal when you can't be entirely sure who you're being hostile towards. :slick:
dunya
Turnip Head
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Golden 2 wrote:I don't understand any of the votes Synonym received so far, particularly Lipsticklacey's and MM's reasons. TH hasn't even posted on this Day.

In fact, by comparison, I think there are other players who have questioned Synonym's action harder and they haven't made any vote move yet, compared to these three.
You seemed to make the same observation LC did about the number of mafia Synonym had pegged with a tone of suspicion. How did you not understand other people's votes despite some of them being for that reason?
Supervisor
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Okay, I'm gonna say this one time and one time only.

This game started with me acting pretty lighthearted and making jokes about Synonym's past civilian games. He's always going on and on about his awards and best civ player and best overall player blah blah.

I got tunneled by Scum Con about listing five names - now let me ask you, if I were going to make that post, I had to put SOME names, no? So why is the fact that I chose five specifically something to focus on when I said multiple times that the post was merely satire? And based on people I've actually played with before to boot.

Then Lipsticklacey asked me a question about my win condition. I answered it based on what I had to work with. She then proceeded to vote me. So either the meta is that it's different for everyone, or Lacey is scum. It's possible that this is a colossal misunderstanding - but I SEVERELY dislike being completely written off as scum by someone who insists I'm not telling the truth when I actually am.

Lacey, can you see why that would be IMMENSELY fucking frustrating if I were telling the truth?

My lynch pardoning ability was used this phase. This leads me to believe ties are randomized. I set a conditional with the GMs on my ability - if I were to be lynched, use it. If Long Con were to be lynched, do not use it. It was used. Thus, I would have been lynched this phase were my ability not used. I think the meta of believing ties are no lynch was only created because no lynch happened - not because ties are no lynch, but because they are randomized and I was to die, thus I pardoned myself.

I will not explain myself further. Bet my integrity as a player on everything I said above I believe to be 100% the truth. I refused to be written off, tunneled on and treated like a second class citizen for being HONESTLY frustrated about the way I've been talked at.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Synonym 2 wrote:@fingersplints @Roxy

Can you confirm whether tie is no lynch? If ties result in no lynch, why was my ability used? The latter can be answered over PM.
The lynch was not tied. In the event of a tie, the lynch would be randomized.
SVS 2 wrote:Question for our lovely hosts :hugs:

Is there a rule against infodumping in effect in this game?
We are following our rules plus standard site rules. Any infractions will be dealt with by your hostesses. :feb:

Let's all take a step back if we are feeling frustrated. This game is fun :beer: Let's have some!
Gro-oo-ovy
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 161

Post by Paul Stevens »

Llama 2 wrote:I would be satisfied with a sig lynch.
I bet (you can't get no) satisfaction if you know what I mean.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

SEE? GM SAYS TIES ARE RANDOMIZED.

fucking THANK YOU.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Now then, with host confirmed knowledge that ties result in a randomization, it would be horrible policy to ignore my claim as the one who pardoned the lynch, unless somebody would like to counterclaim.

Try and say I'm a one shot lynch proof scum again. Because that role seems unbalanced as hell and I doubt it's in this game.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Llama 2 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:
Llama 2 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:
Llama 2 wrote:I would be satisfied with a sig lynch.
You've voted already. You suspect "TGG" of being mafia, but would be satisfied with a lynch in which he voted?
I stand by my decision.
Then I suppose I can stand by my suspicion. I believe that you've given both your suspects-of-the-day without any real case, then built the case post-factum re: "TGG" and that approach was rather pure meta (and speculation on role distribution). Furthermore, I can add the extra sin that you're mishandling Llama's sock (or, worse, relying on people to write this off as "oh, that's so llama") in making such loose cases. For these reasons, I'm voting you today.
I would argue that I have given more reason to vote for someone today than most. Your harping on my "mishandling" of the sock is an accusation I can do nothing about. Who are you to judge my sock play? That's MovingPicture's schtick anyway.

You said in your next post that MM is posting as normal MM would post, which is far from solid voting reasoning. I don't see you blowing up at him for his antics. Are you just trying to protect your scum buddy, Golden?
I agree with this statement.

I also think Golden is behaving very get-along this game. His subtle defense of Metalmarsh is disconcerting to me.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I don't completely discount the possibility of a lynch pardoning baddie, it isn't unheard of. I do however read Synonym's frustration as seeming pretty genuine. I don't see many baddies use such disparaging remarks about another player's worth.
Supervisor
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

@Syn, we call each other liars. That is a major feature of Mafia. You don't strike me a a nub (thanks for ignoring my prior post on this point) so you would not have made it far in mafia getting this offended at being accused of lying. Initially i felt that you vs. LC was civ civ, but your fairly hostile reaction here has gotten a raised brow from me.

Linki, but we have to trust you to take your word for it. Obviously that is lacking since you were tied for most votes. There sould be an unlynchable baddie role. that is just as common as a civ with a lynch stop.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

And don't be calling me a dick or whatever for saying it :noble:
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Synonym 2 wrote:SEE? GM SAYS TIES ARE RANDOMIZED.

fucking THANK YOU.
The hosts also said that the lynch was not a tie.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Dom 2 wrote:

fucking THANK YOU.
Oh. Were the votes equal? Do we have a record of that? Cuz if so someone's got a double whammy power on my train.

I'll post @ Cookie when I get home.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Fight Club is still one of my all time favorites. :slick:
Supervisor
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Syn, there could be vote manips, there could be all sorts of things. The blanket insistence you have on laying one scenario on the table and getting pissed that others don't buy it wholesale bothers me. It is true that your outrage seems real, but Mafia can get just as outraged at suspicion as town.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

fingersplints wrote:The lynch was not tied. In the event of a tie, the lynch would be randomized.
The host specifically said that the lynch was not tied.

So even though the vote totals appeared that way, there was some sort of manipulation, even if someone's vote was worth more than others.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Ned Flanders »

Dom 2 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:The lynch was not tied. In the event of a tie, the lynch would be randomized.
The host specifically said that the lynch was not tied.

So even though the vote totals appeared that way, there was some sort of manipulation, even if someone's vote was worth more than others.
I am glad to be alive. I'm not surprised that there was a lynch manipulation (or two or three...who knows) as that is normal in most games I've played. I usually don't care for them as it makes it more difficult to decipher what happened during the lynch. But in this case, I'm thankful.

I am voting for Bioshock.
Assault
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Spacedaisy »

Roxy wrote:
Gamer Guy 2 wrote:Synonym, you are acting like a wounded animal in a corner. I think it's only fair to give you another chance. When Sig posts a word for word version of his win condition, I want you to either vote for him or declare that you won't. Other players shouldn't respond until after this has happened.

This better not happen. No more pushing to out win con's. They are secret for a reason.

Nothing word for word should ever be put into the thread it is like asking them to copy/paste a host PM and could result in a heinous Mod Kill.

It is also a site rule.
Hello to all the colorful socks in the sock drawer here! I realize mafia is a game of lying, being lied to, calling people liars and trusting no one, but try to remember that it is a game. As such, have fun, lighten up. Oh, and don't break Roxy's fun game intended to be chock full of hilarity by breaking her rules, ok? If you need me to vent to, I'm here.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Synonym 2 wrote:
Dom 2 wrote:

fucking THANK YOU.
Oh. Were the votes equal? Do we have a record of that? Cuz if so someone's got a double whammy power on my train.

I'll post @ Cookie when I get home.

I look forward to it, even though I will be afk shortly. This is because i really did not think that anything Lacey said or did was all that provacative or really all that aggressive, and you got pretty severely in her face. Like in an intimidating way. It felt very much like seeing a hidden monster with their claws out. I came into the night thinking it could be a Mafia play on both you and LC, but your reaction to lacey ...

I did not think she said anything that unreasonable. Then saying things like, "I will only explain this once", doesn't help.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

i might vote svs next time

also i think dom had something to do with the lynch stop
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Metalmarsh 2 wrote:also i think dom had something to do with the lynch stop
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Metalmarsh 2 wrote:

i might vote svs next time

also i think dom had something to do with the lynch stop
I think Dom happens to be the only player who reads our lovely hosts' posts. :suspish:
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

I think this is a good question.

Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

And cue Lipsticklacey vanishing off the face of the earth once GM evidence supports my claim.
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

Can we please lynch Sig tomorrow? Synonym, will you help me?
To be recycled
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Gamer Guy 2 wrote:Can we please lynch Sig tomorrow? Synonym, will you help me?
Why?

iirc he was one of the earliest to call Scum Con on his bullshit.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 111

Post by NurseWilgy »

Fight club was a great movie and an even more fun game. Thanks for the extraordinary hosting, by the way Mr. Sock!
I won in that game, and while I wasn't civ to end with, I started out civ. I would like to win this game, but this time as a civ all the way.

In other news, I hurt my other hand on another trapeze accident (I gripped too tight :doh: ). My right one got some skin grafts a week or so ago, and I thought I could continue the routine this week holding on with only one hand. ---Bad idea, fellows. Bad idea. :faint: --- So I'm currently typing with my toes. I'll update if I need another skin graft for my left hand.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 111

Post by NurseWilgy »

Synonym is reading genuine to me. Hostile, but genuine. He's got my Llama Stamp of Approval (tm)

Gamer Guy is still bad in my eyes. This old supatown still has some fight in his bones. :llama:
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Snapshot »

Synonym 2 wrote:
Why?

Thank you!
Reporting
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Celeste »

Cookie is a Scum Con teammate. She keeps going on about the possibility that Synonym is scum that can't be lynched. How would civilians win if scum can't be lynched? There are no role powers listed here. So how does Cookie suppose that? Is there a townie killer to take out the person who can't be lynched?

Cookie and Long Con are scum.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Chuck »

Synonym is more than likely civilian at this point.

I feel like the lipstick/Syn confrontation was civ/civ. I don't see mafia causing a fight that could potentially end in a mod-kill.
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Sockys2023 »

For some reason I didnt think the game had actually progressed from Day 0 yet. And I may have forgotten this game was going on for a bit. I apologize for missing the vote, but now I have all weekend to be here.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Cobalt 2 wrote:Cookie is a Scum Con teammate. She keeps going on about the possibility that Synonym is scum that can't be lynched. How would civilians win if scum can't be lynched? There are no role powers listed here. So how does Cookie suppose that? Is there a townie killer to take out the person who can't be lynched?

Cookie and Long Con are scum.
Wow it's pretty neat that several of you are all calling Long Con "Scum Con". So clever, I see what you did there ;)

And um, no, sorry. Wherever it is that you play musy have a very limited repertoire of roles. I have played LOTS of games where one of the baddie teams had a member, generally the Don, who could not be lynched until all other members of the team were dead. And I am not pushing it; I am presenting it as one possible alternative to Syns "Hey, I stopped the lynch on myself! Am I civ or what, because the only possible possibility for me surviving a lynch is a civ possibility. And you must be bad if you don't believe me" schtick.

He could be right; I was by no means convinced he was bad. But I really hate the way he is throwing it down as proof in game with no known roles which means it is no such thing.

And I am by no means convinced that Long Con is bad either. Remember this post, which I don't recall you or Syn or sig commenting on?

Cookie 2 wrote:
Dom 2 wrote:
Long Con 2 wrote:When I read Synonym's post in which he listed the five names, my thoughts were "five mafia? Did I miss something?" I then looked on page 1 where Roxy said the roles would be listed eventually and still saw no such roles. I thought, "how did he come up with this number of five? Maybe he knows there are five and so he listed five people subconsciously." I then put my theory out there for discussion. I believe it is a common mafia strategy to call out names in the beginning of the game to gauge reactions. These two things put together cause me pause. Also, please note that Synonym has yet to give reason for calling out the five players that he did even though I have asked him to explain why he thought those five players specifically were mafia.

Linki: Welcome Dr Wilgy. Good to have you Sir.
I don't believe it is a common strategy at all.
Well, maybe he's just doing a poor job of "being" Long Con, and that is how they do things is nis neck of the woods :shrug2:

I cannot count all the games I have played where people vote for really weak, dumb reasons on day one. And one thing I HAVE seen as a common baddie tactic is to make someone have to overdefend their weak day one suspicion, and soon no one is talking about anything else, so the ping gets lynched. And when that weak day one ping flips civ, they turn on the person whom they forced to defend his weak day one suspicion and attack then THEM for their "better than random" day one ping. It's a pretty good day one strategy for a Mafia.

So, to parapharase Metalmarsh, I am not going to vote for Long Con OR Synonym. Since I have to go to work now, and may or may not be back before the poll ends, I AM going to vote for Sig. His post, the only on topic one I believe him to have made so far, felt EXACTLY like that kind of thing to me. Self righteous indignation over a day one ping seems a bit overdone, no?

VOTES FOR SIG

Linki w/TGG, this is the last thing he said, the post I am voting him for:
Sig 2 wrote:I looked back, and Syn 2 listed five names, he never said "are the five baddies" or anything that would be a true ping. I will be eyeing people who push that as a slip. :eye:
I hope he answers you, too.
That is what yesterday looked like to me, the bold italicized part. You have never seen that before? I will vote for Sig tomorrow, too, and will probably keep doing so until he or I are dead. Or maybe for you. To be honest, I am not 100% sure you are not buddying up to Syn, strong possibility.
Synonym 2 wrote:
Why?

Scum Con again. Can you & Fauxbalt not resort to name calling? Thanks :)

And isn't proclaiming that Long Con is pretty much a proven baddie (which is what you are trying to do, right?) putting the cart before the horse? Let's find out if he is before we start making value judgments based on proximity to him, eh? Just like I am not damning YOU for sigs fairly bad looking (in my opinion) Day One posts, even though he was defending YOU.

While I DO believe sig is bad, and probably Fauxbalt with him, I am not as sure about you. A lot of Day One felt civ/civ to me, like what I outlined up there. Certainly Long Con felt backed into a corner forced to defend a dopey day one ping. Like 99.5% of day one pings are. I have the stats to prove that...somewhere :noble: In any case, if you are civ, you should be careful about the company you keep. First you're hanging with people who think calling people names is an awesome way to make them look bad, then next thing you know, you're hanging on a street corner shooting up.

True story, it happens all the time.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks for the awesome thematic shout-out, Rox, as I thoroughly enjoyed hosting all of these poll options. :)
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Thanks for the awesome thematic shout-out, Rox, as I thoroughly enjoyed hosting all of these poll options. :)
You are most welcome Sockboss! But it was splints in "roxsheep" clothing!

To every player - I want fun! I would like each of you to post a picture of the cutest turtle you can find.

I am still waiting on a correct answer as well.
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 8
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Roxy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Thanks for the awesome thematic shout-out, Rox, as I thoroughly enjoyed hosting all of these poll options. :)
You are most welcome Sockboss! But it was splints in "roxsheep" clothing!

To every player - I want fun! I would like each of you to post a picture of the cutest turtle you can find.

I am still waiting on a correct answer as well.
Oh yes, thanks to splints as well! :dance:

My bad. I keep getting confused by the fact that you both have the same avatar now. :P
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Perd Hapley »

Cool, I'll 'snap' this one up before anyone else does. It's a clear winner, that's massively cute in several ways.

Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Dang, I should Preview my posts!

Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Interesting Day 1 lynch result. So Synonym had more votes, which means there's some vote manipulation going on. I have none, and my vote is worth merely 1. In my experience, vote manipulation is more often a baddie ability, because it messes with the town's ability to decipher a lynch. So that makes me think that Long Con or a baddie teammate wanted to make sure that the "tie" wasn't so risky.

In addition, Syn2 survived the lynch, and instantly tried to push the civilian angle on that... however, that don't impress me much. The most likely player in any reasonably regular game to have a lynch protection is the baddie leader.

I also found his interaction with the hosts strange. I think he asked why he was forced to use his power if the lynch was a tie and no one should have been lynched. (Note that this was before the clarification from Rox about how the lynch-tie rules work). A lynch pardon isn't something I would think would be automatically used by a host, especially when the player wouldn't know if it was needed or not. Automatic use sounds way more like "you have one automatic lynch protect" than "you may pardon one lynch".

Return to “Previous Jobs”