Re: Night 4 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by Celeste »

I picked Frisky Dingo. Looks funny.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Epignosis »

One of these things is not like the other.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Snapshot »

Confused Sig is confused.
Reporting
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Re: Day 5 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by Roxy »

Celestial Circus People

With the dastardly killer Long Con 2 finally taken care of, the once-great city of Chicago was ready to begin its healing process. Chinatown was decimated, with many proud ancestral families uprooted, perhaps never to return. The many remaining civilians were exhausted, disoriented and confused, but at least they were alive. If the city could recover after Mrs. O'Leary's Cow, it could recover from this too. They had planned a great celebration around their local circus - Celestial Circus.

Timmer was one of those proud citizens of Chicago. He worked for the Celestial Circus for over 10 years now and was proud of his heritage and his Circus family. He was looking forward to giving the performance of a lifetime to cheer everyone on in their quest to find the rest of the wickedly evil people that were killing ancestral families.

Someone else had something quite different lined up for that excited Trapeze man Timmer.

The music and laughter were all the encouragement Timmer needed to begin his daring routine on the flying trapeze. He flipped and grabbed. He contorted his body and continued to swing and flip. Back and forth. He felt a little give begin just before he grabbed the other swinging trapeze. He turned upside down and swang back to the other trapeze. No sooner was his entire weight on the trapeze when the whole thing went crashing to the ground, himself included.

He realized at once he was not dead. But when he tried to speak one of the famn clowns squirted him in the face with raspberry jelly.

As he lifted his hand to get attention an elephant stomped down on his body with a crushing force just below his belly button. He was still alive. He could not believe his good fortune.

As the Lion Tamer ran to his aid he thought he was saved. Too bad the Lion Tamer had not looked after his lion because the lion went for an instant kill on Timmer by biting down with a lethal force. Blood gushed and spurted all around him as he finally closed his eyes and death took away his last breath.

Timmer 2 has fallen 50 feet, was squirted, stomped and eaten to death. He was thellama73 your Civvie Ninja.

It is now Day 5 do what you have to do!
;)
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Saito »

Any idea what the Ninja role might be?

I remember Timmer being quite sure of a Synonyms 2 lynch, without giving much information on it. Besides thatnot much looking over past posts.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 217

Post by Jack Shephard »

RIP "Timmer" / llama.

Ninja stands for ninja civ, a civ with a kill. Might also be better known as the vigilante on other boards.

Unfortunately, that doesn't imply "Timmer" had any real info on "Syn".
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Anyway, not that I'm not expecting a cascade of unflinching votes down my path, but should you take more time and you still want to think it through first, I'll be here to talk. Don't go wasting another cycle of civ deaths (mine and likely another victim the following Night), just because "BR"'s flip gets automatic credence. It doesn't. Think of what I said below. Don't be blind to my previous posts, read 'em, interpret 'em.
Golden 2 wrote:
Treat me and "BR" on the same page. One of us chose the tracker as a fake flip. Judge which one, that's all I'm asking.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Someone wrote:If we cannot figure out the Golden thing, I think a Syn lynch is a good idea as an alternative.
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Re: TSM Polls

Post by Roxy »

;)
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Ah unfortunately this doesn't help us much, but at this point I would rather lynch Synonyms 2 then Golden 2.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

@Synonyms 2 Question: What is your take on the Black Rock/Golden and can you provided a list of your mafia reads?
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Sockys2023 »

You know, looking at certain things in the thread, I think the hosts leave a tell for player resurrections. If I am correct, that may not be the last we see of Timmer 2. Perhaps my aluminum hat is on too snug.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Okay, work with me while I sort through the Golden 2/BR 2 "who is the seemer" problem.

I asked the hosts about the specifics of a seemer role. their reply was that a seemer would pick a player in the game. Not a sock account, but a player, and when the seemer died, they would be revealed as that player, their power, and their alignment.

Thus, if I'm a seemer, and I tell the hosts to pick Golden the player, and then I die, my death would Sig 2 was Golden - his role - his power.

The interesting thing here is that the seemer would not actually find out their chosen player's sock account. In my example, I would know upon death what Golden's part in the game was, but not which sock he was.

If anyone wants to confirm this, just shout out to the hosts.

So let's look at the two deaths:

"Black Rock 2 - Lynched day 4 - civvie tracker - juliets (replaced reywaS Day 2)"
"Golden 2 - Killed Night 2 - civvie tracker - XthAtGAm3RGuYX - rezzed Day 3"

Let's say Golden 2 is telling the truth. He is Gamer Guy. He is a civvie tracker. He dies. He is rezzed. Black Rock 2 would then be the seemer. Correct? But.... wait.

For Black Rock 2 to be the seemer, and to show up as the civ tracker, who would she have had to ask the hosts to appear as? Gamer Guy. It's the only way to appear as a civvie tracker if she is the seemer. only, she didn't! BR2 was listed as Juliets, civ tracker. Thus, that cannot be the truth.

Let's flip it.

Golden 2 is the seemer. He requests to be Gamer Guy's role upon death. He dies, and is revealed as Gamer Guy, civvie tracker. BR 2 would then be a civ, right, the real civvie tracker? Except... she can't be. Because if BR2 was indeed the real civvie tracker, when she died, she ALSO would have had to be revealed as Gamer Guy! But she wasn't, instead she was juliets!

So, NEITHER way works, going by the hosts' rules. Which means there are shenanigans here that we are not aware of.
Reporting
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Sig 2 wrote: So, NEITHER way works, going by the hosts' rules. Which means there are shenanigans here that we are not aware of.

We need to go deeper.
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Thinking outside the box here.

What if there are two of every role? If there were two seemers, and two trackers, that would explain the inconsistency yes?
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 205

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Sig 2 wrote:Okay, work with me while I sort through the Golden 2/BR 2 "who is the seemer" problem.

I asked the hosts about the specifics of a seemer role. their reply was that a seemer would pick a player in the game. Not a sock account, but a player, and when the seemer died, they would be revealed as that player, their power, and their alignment.

Thus, if I'm a seemer, and I tell the hosts to pick Golden the player, and then I die, my death would Sig 2 was Golden - his role - his power.

The interesting thing here is that the seemer would not actually find out their chosen player's sock account. In my example, I would know upon death what Golden's part in the game was, but not which sock he was.

"Black Rock 2 - Lynched day 4 - civvie tracker - juliets (replaced reywaS Day 2)"

Let's say Golden 2 is telling the truth. He is Gamer Guy. He is a civvie tracker. He dies. He is rezzed. Black Rock 2 would then be the seemer. Correct? But.... wait.

For Black Rock 2 to be the seemer, and to show up as the civ tracker, who would she have had to ask the hosts to appear as? Gamer Guy. It's the only way to appear as a civvie tracker if she is the seemer. only, she didn't! BR2 was listed as Juliets, civ tracker. Thus, that cannot be the truth.

Let's flip it.

Golden 2 is the seemer. He requests to be Gamer Guy's role upon death. He dies, and is revealed as Gamer Guy, civvie tracker. BR 2 would then be a civ, right, the real civvie tracker? Except... she can't be. Because if BR2 was indeed the real civvie tracker, when she died, she ALSO would have had to be revealed as Gamer Guy! But she wasn't, instead she was juliets!

So, NEITHER way works, going by the hosts' rules. Which means there are shenanigans here that we are not aware of.
This is not right at all. The question was if a seemer gets to choose the role they show up or not when they flip, and the answer was they do. The answer said nothing about the player/sock stuff you are bringing up.

So, a seemer wouldn't be choosing the actual player; I'm not really sure how you managed to reach that conclusion, they're either choosing a role they want to show up as, or showing up as a player 2 that they choose before they die. There is no conflict here.

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
dunya
Turnip Head
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

This reminds me of Sig's performance from Frisky Dingo well thought out theory but based on logic that is well completely lacking logical. So either he is a very good sock, a confused civilian, or a mafia trying to save Golden 2 a fellow mafia.

I'm interested in sig2 post it did make me suspicious and just confused me about Golden more. I had actually while confused saw logic in it until Lipsticklacey 2 pointed the above out.

This all goes back to whether or not Golden is innocent. What was Black Rocks purpose of her self lynch, As a mafia she might have lasted longer but would have eventfully died as a portion of players were ready to vote for her. Could this have also been done to save Synonyms from a lynch he and Elochin were the leading lynches until Black Rock then voted for herself and Sig 2 voted for her. Golden meant to vote for her.
Sig 2 opinion has shifted about Golden as well as of yesterday he was ready to lynch Golden and was firmly on Black Rock 2 side what changed?

I would blike to hear more people's thoughts on Sig 2 as well as the fact that this Black Rock matter has taken up the night and the first portion of the day,could this be a mafia distraction to help us forget yesterday's targets?
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Ben Linus »

I'd like to hear who Golden 2 thinks we should lynch. I'm leaning towards believing BR2 was the tracker because she sounded genuine to me but I'm not ready to make a judgment.

I'm still leaning towards an Elohcin 2 vote at this point. Her defense did nothing for me.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 111

Post by NurseWilgy »

Roxy wrote:
Someone wrote:If we cannot figure out the Golden thing, I think a Syn lynch is a good idea as an alternative.
The disembodied voice knows what's up.

Also, farewell real llama. I hardly knew ye. :puppy:
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Lunatella »

I think it's unlikely that we have perfect doubles of every role. Two Ninja civs would've resulted in much more bloodshed.
Lunalee
nutella
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Llama 2 wrote:
Roxy wrote:
The disembodied voice knows what's up.

Also, farewell real llama. I hardly knew ye. :puppy:

I wonder if that would work when I go on a murder spree "well you see the disembodied voice told me to do it your honor" :nicenod:

Having said that I could go for following the voice if nothing else comes up I'm still uncertain of the Golden/Black Rock and I feel it will only distract us. Yesterday Synonyms was my lynch choice followed by Elochin as my second choice.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Can people explain why they want to vote synonym 2? Apparently I'm missing something.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Reywas 2 wrote:Can people explain why they want to vote synonym 2? Apparently I'm missing something.
I think he has been quick to say "There's no way I can be bad NOW!" for almost no reason. We have no idea if there's independents, multiple baddie teams, recruitments, etc.... why should we trust him based on one flip of LC?
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

I guess that's fair but I think it's highly unlikely he's on LC2's team and I think we're better off pursuing other leads. My two cents: I think Syn 2 is just indignant re: interactions with LC2 and the thread at large, and felt genuinely vindicated by the LC2 flip.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Reywas 2 wrote:I guess that's fair but I think it's highly unlikely he's on LC2's team and I think we're better off pursuing other leads. My two cents: I think Syn 2 is just indignant re: interactions with LC2 and the thread at large, and felt genuinely vindicated by the LC2 flip.
I don't think he's on LC2's team....
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

I'm waiting to see if Synonym has anything to say.

How should I put it. Something feels............wrong.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Metalmarsh 2 wrote:
Reywas 2 wrote:I guess that's fair but I think it's highly unlikely he's on LC2's team and I think we're better off pursuing other leads. My two cents: I think Syn 2 is just indignant re: interactions with LC2 and the thread at large, and felt genuinely vindicated by the LC2 flip.
And my point is that finding LC2's team is the most efficient use of our time.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Roxy wrote:
Someone can kiss my big brown ass :')
Reywas 2 wrote:
Metalmarsh 2 wrote:
And my point is that finding LC2's team is the most efficient use of our time.
Hi thank u.
boo 2 wrote:I'm waiting to see if Synonym has anything to say.

How should I put it. Something feels............wrong.
Something feels wrong? Feels wrong like baddies have been trying to mislynch me for the entire fucking game? Does that feel like what feels wrong? lmao.
Metalmarsh 2 wrote:
Reywas 2 wrote:Can people explain why they want to vote synonym 2? Apparently I'm missing something.
I think he has been quick to say "There's no way I can be bad NOW!" for almost no reason. We have no idea if there's independents, multiple baddie teams, recruitments, etc.... why should we trust him based on one flip of LC?
Reywas was right, I felt genuinely vindicated by the LC flip. It felt really, really nice after Lipsticklacey fucking hounded me for no god damn reason. Half of what I had said about what happened with my ability was confirmed as true by host, and then the person I was after for like 3 phases flipped mafia. The person who was also after ME for the whole game based on a stupid fucking satirical comment I made on Day God Damn Zero.

@Golden / BR: I genuinely thought BR was bad, I think I actually posted on her. I find it unlikely that baddie!Golden was rezzed.

TBH:

Lynch me. I pushed for my own lynch when I was frustrated. If this will clear the air and make the game more easy to work through for town, then lynch me and get me out of the way. But I will NEVER let you hear the end of it when I flip town because I've told the truth the whole god damn game.

But if you're going to do it: DO IT NOW. I will NOT put up with me being the target of unfounded, biased suspicion for another four fucking days if you aren't gonna follow through. Put your money where your mouth is or back the fuck up off me. Kay? Kay.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Ping me when y'all are ready to lynch Lipsticklacey who is mafia. K bye.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:
Sig 2 wrote:Okay, work with me while I sort through the Golden 2/BR 2 "who is the seemer" problem.

Let's flip it.

This is not right at all. The question was if a seemer gets to choose the role they show up or not when they flip, and the answer was they do. The answer said nothing about the player/sock stuff you are bringing up.

So, a seemer wouldn't be choosing the actual player; I'm not really sure how you managed to reach that conclusion, they're either choosing a role they want to show up as, or showing up as a player 2 that they choose before they die. There is no conflict here.

I asked the hosts how the seemed works. This is how they explained it to me. The seemed picks a PLAYER not a role and not a sock. Ask them yourself instead of whatever the hell that was.
Reporting
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Okay but if that's true we still have the problem of 2 civvie trackers because BR2 wasn't Gamer Guy.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Reywas 2 wrote:Okay but if that's true we still have the problem of 2 civvie trackers because BR2 wasn't Gamer Guy.
I think that the seemer has nothing to do with the socks / the real players.

I think that when a person dies, their true player is revealed regardless of shenanigans. So the seemer would appear as the civvie tracker. That's it. Golden 2 tracker is/was played by TGG, Black Rock 2 tracker was played by juliets. Either the real TGG or the real juliets chose to appear as civvie tracker. That's it.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Wait, Sig said that the hosts said the seemer picks a player.

What?
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

EBWOP: Nvm.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I think if there was some miscommunication between the hosts and the players about how the seemer role would work in this game it needs to be addressed, pronto. Because the way I posted it is the most logical way I think it would appear in a game like this.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Kent Brockman »

I doubt the host will clarify, indeed I think that anything THIS host is told she "needs" to do "pronto" is exactly what she will not do.

The way seemers work in THIS community in general is that the Seemer, when dying, is asked by the host what role they wish to appear as. And the post says they are that role. It has nothing to do with socks, and socks would not have any influence on it's implementation.

This situation is intriguing, as IMO "Golden" was very civvie acting, and I for one did not think he was bad at all. Plus the mafia influenced circumstances of his death. Although that would be a moot point if there were two Mafias. If that is the case, then norhing is off the table WIFOM wise. BUT "BR" did register some doubt over TGGs reveal. That would be really playing the long game becasue that would be more relevant closer to the time of "BR"s death. If she did not die for 6 more days, unless she constantly harped on her distrust of that reveal, which she did not appear to be doing. So I could go either way on it, although I really did think Golden?TGG was a civ.

And re the last post I made addressing Faux Cobalt, dude, I confused Syn with you. I wonder why someone might do that in the context of this game :ponder:

I saw a picture i associate with "Cobalt" and so thought I was talking to Synonym, whom I, for some mysterious reason, also associate with "Cobalt".

Sorry I have been so absent, but my family situation has srttled down so that I think weeknights should be back to normal, just weekends will be pretty much almost totally afk for the time being. Thanks for patience :) I will do my best to get totally caught up tonight.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

EBWOP, that would really be playing the long game *IF SHE WAS BAD*

And: unless she constantly harped on her distrust of that reveal, which she did not appear to be doing, and which I would expect her to do if she was civ *(I cannot see civ Juliets dropping it if someone else came up as her role, like ever)*
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Cookie 2 wrote:Plus the mafia influenced circumstances of his death.
Might I ask where you acquired that information? Unless I missed something, all they did was kill him. I don't remember seeing anything else.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

boo 2 wrote:
Might I ask where you acquired that information? Unless I missed something, all they did was kill him. I don't remember seeing anything else.
Was that a scum slip? :faint:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Synonym 2 wrote:I think if there was some miscommunication between the hosts and the players about how the seemer role would work in this game it needs to be addressed, pronto. Because the way I posted it is the most logical way I think it would appear in a game like this.
:suspish:
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Reywas 2 wrote:I'd like to hear who Golden 2 thinks we should lynch. I'm leaning towards believing BR2 was the tracker because she sounded genuine to me but I'm not ready to make a judgment.

I'm still leaning towards an Elohcin 2 vote at this point. Her defense did nothing for me.
I made a large post on Day 3 which can be tl;dr as: fair baddie read on "BR", slight baddie read on "Eloh", mixed feelings on "Cookie", eyeballing "Scotty". It also included "Timmer" for his "Synonym" out of the blue vote, but it appears he flipped civ (and judging by the real player behind that sock, I'm now not surprised of his actions). Right now I'd probably stick with these suspects.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Synonym 2 wrote:
boo 2 wrote:
Did you kill me, "Cookie"? :disappoint:

Mixed feelings now turned to baddie feelings.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Seemer getting to pick the sock, instead of the player, doesn't make sense, becuase the socks are visibile. If a seemer would flip "Gary 2" and "Gary 2" would be alive in the game (or even dead, for that matter), it'd be a fail of a seemer effect. Everyone would be able to tell that the seemer's "Gary 2" flip is fake balls.

I think the sock mechanics of this game is slightly changing how this works, compared to a regular game. In a regular game, a seemer player would choose which civ/innocent character/role (say "Bilbo Baggins") and power (say "civ tracker) it wants to show up as. But in a sock game, the character/role is our sock itself, there is no additional character/role assigned to each sock (like in Biblical, for instance - where sock Lot had the role of James, son of Zeeweepeewee or whatever). Hence, the seemer's choice must have to do with a player's identity and/or?? (I'll get to this in a minute) power.

By such logic, "Sig" is actually right that something doesn't add up. If the seemer picks player and power and, for all intents and purposes, I'm the seemer, then how come "BR" didn't flip as the real TGG - civ tracker? Even the reverse poses the question: if "BR" is the seemer, why didn't she choose to flip as the real TGG - civ tracker?

My gut still tells me that "BR" may be bad (and the seemer) in having done a fine job planting fake clues as soon as I got rezzed (then left it seeded, then returned to this as soon as she saw the opportunity to get lynched), but this discrepance in "BR" flipping only as a tracker, not as the real TGG, makes me consider if it's not a whole misunderstanding and the likelihood of two trackers is real. We had Watchmen with two trackers recently - although those trackers also formed a sort of duo, and this is definitely not the case here. Maybe "BR", as soon as I flipped tracker, also thought it unlikely that two civ trackers would exist and thus entitled to contest my identity.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Synonym 2 wrote:
boo 2 wrote:
Um you and boo don't think that if the mafia kills someone that they influenced his death? I congratulate you for your rosy outlook.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Young Lady »

After a quick skim, I don't think anyone has looked through BR2's posts for more clues about what exactly she had in mind when she encouraged her own lynch? I'm going to do that. The reveal as a civvie tracker is significant on its own power for the reasons everyone is discussing already relating to Golden and that may have been all she meant, I'll see if I find anything else. She may have left additional crumbs.
Supervisor
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Lunatella »

Metalmarsh 2 analysis:
Spoiler: show
He begins the game on Day 0 by listing people he won't be voting for. His criteria was seemingly that he didn't want to vote for people who hadn't appeared yet. However, the below quote convinces him to not vote Cookie 2, but instead vote either Long Con 2 or Synonym 2.
Long Con 2 wrote:You are correct, cookie. I was trying to begin discussion, not stifle it. The act that Synonym talked about the skin of his sock account doesn't bother me as much as him saying that there are five baddies among us. How would he know that unless he was one of them.
The next player he won't vote for is Dom, for this reason.
Long Con 2 wrote:I believe it is a common mafia strategy to call out names in the beginning of the game to gauge reactions
Dom 2 wrote:I don't believe it is a common strategy at all
He then clarifies that he won't vote for the real Dom because he believes the real Dom was involved in the lynch stop. Next he disputes boo 2's illogical assertion that because there are 25 players someone MUST be playing as their own sock.

He then appears to have been "Timmer cursed", turning this post into borderline nonsense:
Metalmarsh 2 wrote:timmer, this is ridiculous tbqh.
timmer hasn't given a single reason to suspect timmer other than that timmer has been acting like timmer in order to try and last longer in a gme that timmer has, lately, been NK'd in a lot for very little reason.
The next day he asks people why they suspect Long Con 2, and in a response to why people don't suspect him, he says that there is virtually no reason to suspect him, and all suspicion thrown his way has been unsubstantiated.

He is asked by Golden 2 about what his contributions for the day are. Votes, suspicions, plans, anything. Metalmarsh 2 states that he's been ignored, saying that he's asked questions and participated, but people have been rude. Later that day, when Synonym 2 was excited about Long Con 2 flipping scum, Metalmarsh 2 is one of the first to bring up the possibility of two baddie teams. Literally 14 hours later nobody had responded to that statement and he quotes himself asking if anybody wanted to contribute to his post. After this, SVS 2 responds by saying that it's the same question as "How does Synonym know if there are five baddies" and Metalmarsh 2 disputes the equality of the two statements. This goes on, and ends with Metalmarsh 2 lamenting his fate of being ignored and then treated suspiciously.

Metalmarsh 2 asks Epignosis 2 how in response to his statement about being curious towards MM2's posts.

Reywas 2 asks people why they're voting Synonym 2, and Metalmarsh 2 responds saying Syn 2's immediate declaration of innocence after Long Con 2 flipped scum is premature at best, as we don't know if there are multiple baddie teams, independent roles, recruiter roles, etc. Reywas 2 misconstrues this and begins preaching that Synonym 2 is most likely not on Long Con 2's team, which is something Metalmarsh 2 has stated repeatedly.
Metalmarsh 2 appears to be genuinely frustrated at everyone ignoring him. For this reason I don't believe he's on a scum team, or at least a scum team with teammates, as literally a fourth of the game ignored him. While it is common for baddies to not interact with each other very much in thread, he has been asking questions that have been flat-out ignored, and his consistently ignored status appears uncoordinated. While I don't know if he's necessarily civilian, I'm pretty confident that he's not scum.

Metalmarsh 2, do you think Reywas 2 was intentionally redirecting your question to avoid discussing the possibility of multiple baddie teams and/or independent roles, or do you think he misinterpreted your statement?

I find it unlikely that if Black Rock 2 believed that there was only one civilian Tracker, and if she was that singular civilian Tracker, she would wait days before contesting Golden 2 in any way aside from planting a seed. After seeing the flip and knowing that juliets was behind the sock, do those actions add up more than they seem to without that knowledge? I'm unfamiliar with the player and I'm trying not to discount playstyle differences.
Lunalee
nutella
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Roxy wrote:
Golden 2 wrote: HOSTS how are seemers designed? Do they get assigned different random roles upon flip?

They pick their own
This is what was actually said about how the seemer works.

I still don't get why Golden 2 and Sig 2 are trying to drag the sock/player thing into it. There is no reason to think those do not show up exactly as they are. Golden 2 is GG, BR2 was juliets, one of them is the real tracker, and the other is a seemer who, on being lynched, chose to show up as a seemer.

All of that fits into the explanation Roxy actually gave about how the seemer in this game is designed. Anything else is stuff you are adding yourselves, without basing it on anything either hostess has said in the thread.
dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Damn it.

dunya
Turnip Head
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Golden 2 wrote: HOSTS how are seemers designed? Do they get assigned different random roles upon flip?

They pick their own
This is what was actually said about how the seemer works.

I still don't get why Golden 2 and Sig 2 are trying to drag the sock/player thing into it. There is no reason to think those do not show up exactly as they are. Golden 2 is GG, BR2 was juliets, one of them is the real tracker, and the other is a seemer who, on being lynched, chose to show up as a seemer.

All of that fits into the explanation Roxy actually gave about how the seemer in this game is designed. Anything else is stuff you are adding yourselves, without basing it on anything either hostess has said in the thread.
I believe "Sig" was still implying that he had a chat with the Hosts in which they told him seemers pick player identities. :shrug2:

I didn't drag anything into it, I was weighing in on the player identity vs sock debate and the odds of that. And if seemers can pick a player identity, then I believe it is a tweak to the mechanics, considering that there are no roles (characters) in addition to the socks. There is no 'Bilbo Baggins" for a seemer to show up as a character, because there are no characters added to the socks, just the socks.

Otherwise, if what you say is the *sole* standard for seemers in this game (picking powers), then yes, the conflict between which "BR" and myself is the civ tracker is real.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

For what it's worth I don't think Golden 2 has been acting very Gamer Guy-esque. I have another player in mind for his sock.

Return to “Previous Jobs”