Roxy is awesome!
47%

Total votes: 15
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 205

Re: Day 5 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Cookie 2 wrote:Why do you think someone was more likely to "try to get herself lynched" if she is a civ?

Without that double tracker flip, I would not be considering a Golden lynch. How can you be so sure?
Here is my problem. Earlier you also said this, which gave me a vague feeling you were not thinking of the civilian win conditio when you said it.

And then you followed it up with something way more overt.

Once you got called out on, you're coming up with excuses. But what Epi does is not relevant, and you have not actually offered any examples of Roxy games where what you are saying now would support your statement making sense.

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Now sure, of course you are in the know. But any baddie team would have pieced it together back on day 1. Forgetting it seems just as plausible though, and I think you did, up until Ricochet 2 gave you a reminder.
dunya
Turnip Head
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Celeste »

Please vote for Dom.

Zealous people will say he's good.
He's not.

All because chiefly Dom endures focusing getting a hell of a lot of posts of people with icy dispositions just keenly makes me pissed off. Quite right, you might say. To use big posts to make you look good is vocal bullshit.

What I'm saying is this: Exercise caution and vote Dom. You should vote Dom. Zealots of town should vote Dom.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Cobalt 2 wrote:Please vote for Dom.

He's not.

All because chiefly Dom endures focusing getting a hell of a lot of posts of people with icy dispositions just keenly makes me pissed off. Quite right, you might say. To use big posts to make you look good is vocal bullshit.

What I'm saying is this: Exercise caution and vote Dom. You should vote Dom. Zealots of town should vote Dom.
You should use my method for at least one post, and actually give us the reasons you think Dom 2 is bad, because right, this seems pretty baseless. I went back and read your posts over the last few cycles, and as far as I can tell, this is the first time you have brought up this suspicion.

dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Also you made a mistake a few posts ago; at least a z was not included. And I am pretty confident I can outpost you. So we could both just stop now, to make things easier. Just a thought.

dunya
Turnip Head
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Reywas 2 wrote: Kindly get your facts straight at well. I'll take a page out of your playbook and tell you to READ MY POSTS before simply assuming that I don't care about your input. Your righteous indignation at me is misplaced. I think your input is misguided because looking for a baddie outside of LC2's suspected teammates = less of a chance of lynching a baddie.
Saying I don't read your posts and coming up with an example of me misunderstanding/misconstruing what you are saying are two different things.
Bass 2 wrote:Are you as game as I am for a Reywas 2 lynch MM2? Also, game aside, I'm sorry you're getting upset, I'll try to more actively engage with you.

Reywas 2, you're right that I was manipulative. I wanted to get Metalmarsh 2 back into the thread because it seemed he was being intentionally ignored. Manipulation is an underrated civilian tool, loaded questions can get you some surprisingly useful answers from people you don't even ask.

I couldn't help but notice that Cobalt 2 was the only one to vote so far, 20 hours before phase end. That's much different than the previous days, and I assume it's because people are afraid of throwing the first stone in the wrong place, so to speak, where as until today there were very obvious wagons that people could flock to. I'll take that burden off your hands for you, aren't I such a nice guy?
I'd be way more up for a Synonym lynch because i think Rey might be on his team if Synonym is bad.

I'm not seeing connections to LC.
Cobalt 2 wrote:Please vote for Dom.

He's not.

If you had reasons, I'd be interested.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Kent Brockman »

I did ALOT of reading last night, and I have not totally processed it all. I will say that I think I have a reall good handle on who Dom is, and I think he posted a blatant lie in his mega post to me. The part about how a baddie role that can't die is impossible. I have really, really good reason to believe that if he is who i think he is, that that is a false statement, that he knows better.

Some thinhs sig has said I have actualy agreed with, and think my day one theory about a set up being proved false, that my thoughts on him don't hold up. Same on Cobalt; I think i was reacting to tone rather than content.

And WTF @Lacey. Someone posting in the nature of the curse rather than playing it should not be called out for that. Personally I try not to play a curse, but I also try not to judge others for doing so. If you choose to play it, fine, but don't call out others for adhering to the nature of the curse.

I will be at work when this ends, and i got caught up in a different thread last night, so my plans to post more here tanked. But I am going to try to make detente here and trust Cobalt with a vote for Dom.

Voting DOM 2
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Kent Brockman »

I think after thinking about it all day that I will have a lot more to say on everything tonight, I wish I had more time now but work calls.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Lunatella »

I'd be game for a Dom 2 lynch as well, though I'd prefer Rywas 2 after his most recent string of posts. Cobalt 2 can you give your reasons? Roughly ten hours left is not the time to be sitting on stuff like that.
Lunalee
nutella
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I wouldn't be opposed to getting rid of Dom. :)
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Young Lady »

Metalmarsh 2 wrote:SVS 2, since apparenlty, I haven't made it clear ENOUGH that I DO NOT think Syn is on LC2's team and that I am suspicious of him because he wanted instant exoneration from all suspicion because he lynched a baddie, here's some condensed reading for you.
TBH I'm pretty sick of the way people have treated me this game. It's not even a personal thing, it's just annoying and I have never been ignored like this. I have never been treated like this-- but socks bring out the worst, I guess.

So, please, read these posts and tell me where I "don't even acknowledge his place in LC's lynch". Get your facts straight because you're looking MIGHTY bad to me right about now.
Somewhere along the way as you screamed at me for "not reading your posts", you failed to read my post. Or you sorely misconstrued it. :confused2:

Everything I said was entirely about the potential for Syn to be on a different baddie team from LC2 and my feelings on that point. I know you haven't stated they're on the same team. I never attributed that statement to you. Please calm down and read my post again with this in mind, and next time if you see fit to scream at me please just don't. I don't deserve that, I'm just playing the game.

What I am saying is that you're not changing your perspective of Syn at all in spite of his favorable position in the LC2 lynch, and I view that with suspicion. You're finding other reasons to cast suspicion on him, primarily a second baddie team which currently has not been confirmed to exist.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Reywas 2 wrote:Kindly get your facts straight at well. I'll take a page out of your playbook and tell you to READ MY POSTS before simply assuming that I don't care about your input. Your righteous indignation at me is misplaced. I think your input is misguided because looking for a baddie outside of LC2's suspected teammates = less of a chance of lynching a baddie.
We seem to be in each other's heads in this discussion, Rey. :srsnod:
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Cookie, I went back to look at the post you were referring to and in this case I think I side with Dom. I don't know what everyone else is used to in their mafia games, but a baddie that can't be lynched until all of their team mates are dead sounds incredibly powerful (way overpowered). I'd believe you if you say you've seen the role before, but that'd make one of us.

Cobalt, could you point to Dom's content in his big posts that you find weak? I don't know what you're referring to.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Metalmarsh 2 wrote:I wouldn't be opposed to getting rid of Dom. :)
Why not?
Supervisor
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

SVS 2 wrote:
Metalmarsh 2 wrote:SVS 2, since apparenlty, I haven't made it clear ENOUGH that I DO NOT think Syn is on LC2's team and that I am suspicious of him because he wanted instant exoneration from all suspicion because he lynched a baddie, here's some condensed reading for you.
TBH I'm pretty sick of the way people have treated me this game. It's not even a personal thing, it's just annoying and I have never been ignored like this. I have never been treated like this-- but socks bring out the worst, I guess.

So, please, read these posts and tell me where I "don't even acknowledge his place in LC's lynch". Get your facts straight because you're looking MIGHTY bad to me right about now.
Somewhere along the way as you screamed at me for "not reading your posts", you failed to read my post. Or you sorely misconstrued it. :confused2:

Everything I said was entirely about the potential for Syn to be on a different baddie team from LC2 and my feelings on that point. I know you haven't stated they're on the same team. I never attributed that statement to you. Please calm down and read my post again with this in mind, and next time if you see fit to scream at me please just don't. I don't deserve that, I'm just playing the game.

What I am saying is that you're not changing your perspective of Syn at all in spite of his favorable position in the LC2 lynch, and I view that with suspicion. You're finding other reasons to cast suspicion on him, primarily a second baddie team which currently has not been confirmed to exist.
Playing the victim when I don't lay down and let you lie about me? Really?

You ignored my question. You just say, "Wait why are you mad?"
I'm pretty mad that you keep ignoring my point. And you NOW say you don't agree with it. NOW. AFter you've been called out by someone else. Convenient.

You don't deserve to be yelled at?
You know what I don't deserve?
Being told I'm not plyaing the game when I have more posts than several alive players. Being wholly ignored by most people playing. Literally quoting my own post to see if anyone cares that I wrote it.

That's what I have gone through all game so excuse me for not giving a shit about your sob story here.
SVS 2 wrote:
Why not?
I'm not opposed to it.
I don't particularly think he is civ.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

If one of the trackers is a seemer, I think Golden is more likely because of the way BR2 handled her lynch. There's potential for manipulation either way though, and it could be that neither of them is bad. I haven't suspected Golden for his content at least.

I'll be back later to place my vote, but I'll probably miss the end of the day again.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Metalmarsh 2 wrote:Playing the victim when I don't lay down and let you lie about me? Really?

I'm pretty mad that you keep ignoring my point. And you NOW say you don't agree with it. NOW. AFter you've been called out by someone else. Convenient.
I literally stated that I don't agree with your point in the exact post you screamed at. You interpreted it as something entirely apart from what I was saying. Maybe I was unclear, but if you just read the post again with a fair mindset then I don't think you'll struggle to see that I'm being honest here. It's all there.
Metalmarsh 2 wrote:You don't deserve to be yelled at?
You know what I don't deserve?
Being told I'm not plyaing the game when I have more posts than several alive players. Being wholly ignored by most people playing. Literally quoting my own post to see if anyone cares that I wrote it.
I never told you that you're not playing the game. I haven't ignored you. If you see fit to take your frustration out on me, please utilize the mod on duty instead.
Supervisor
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

SVS 2 wrote:
Metalmarsh 2 wrote:Playing the victim when I don't lay down and let you lie about me? Really?

I literally stated that I don't agree with your point in the exact post you screamed at. You interpreted it as something entirely apart from what I was saying. Maybe I was unclear, but if you just read the post again with a fair mindset then I don't think you'll struggle to see that I'm being honest here. It's all there.
Lies.
"You don't acknowledge his [Synonym's] part in the LC lynch?"
That's a blatant lie.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Metalmarsh 2 wrote:
SVS 2 wrote:

Lies.
"You don't acknowledge his [Synonym's] part in the LC lynch?"
That's a blatant lie.
Here's the post again.
SVS 2 wrote:I don't like that you're not even acknowledging his part in the LC2 lynch, especially while nearly being lynched himself. You're right that it doesn't mean he is automatically civ, but when we don't know anything about the setup it should at least help his case a little bit because of the very reason you keep preaching. We have no idea if there's multiple baddie teams, there might not be. If we encounter a reason to think there are then that'll hurt his standing some, but we haven't yet.
^^^ Me disputing your suspicion of Syn based on the multi-baddie team theory. I never said or implied that you believe Syn is on the same baddie team as LC2. I was disputing your argument, that he might be on a different baddie team, with my own perspective. For you to say that I never read or cared about your argument is clearly not true, because I addressed your point in this post. You don't have to agree with me, but you have to acknowledge that what I said was completely relevant to your true argument.

When I said you haven't acknowledged Syn's part in the LC2 lynch, I was saying that it hasn't made any impact on your read of LC2 (or at least not any impact that I've seen in your posts). Instead of acknowledging that it might be a positive reflection for him, you moved to a theory of multiple baddie teams instead to sustain your suspicion of him. That is what I found suspicious. Is there a reason I shouldn't find that suspicious?
Supervisor
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Saito »

Where is the argument for a Dom lynch? This seemed to just have kinda popped up.

I have seen an unlynchable mafia role once or twice before. As in every other mafia member must first be dead.

@Bass could you explain your vote to me as well?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 217

Post by Jack Shephard »

Busy RL once again, but I'll try to catch up in the next hour or so.

For now, I cannot say I get the jump on "Dom", except for "Cookie" having a problem with his ISO on her. I'd have to go back and study his posts, but the ISOs, overall, didn't give me the impression that they're superficial. I also have in mind who he might be and can't say his reads give me the wrong vibe. Au contraire.
But you said, merely three posts earlier in the thread, that you'd need reasons to be inclined to lynch "Dom". Where has that motivation vanished? :suspish:
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Ben Linus »

Golden 2 wrote:Busy RL once again, but I'll try to catch up in the next hour or so.

For now, I cannot say I get the jump on "Dom", except for "Cookie" having a problem with his ISO on her. I'd have to go back and study his posts, but the ISOs, overall, didn't give me the impression that they're superficial. I also have in mind who he might be and can't say his reads give me the wrong vibe. Au contraire.
But you said, merely three posts earlier in the thread, that you'd need reasons to be inclined to lynch "Dom". Where has that motivation vanished? :suspish:
You are not Gamer Guy. You are Omelette Guy.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Reywas 2 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:Busy RL once again, but I'll try to catch up in the next hour or so.

You are not Gamer Guy. You are Omelette Guy.
Whatever goes through your head, dude.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Epignosis 2 wrote:@Bass could you explain your vote to me as well?
Reywas 2 misunderstood Metalmarsh 2 in a strange way earlier in the thread. When I asked MM2 about whether or not he thought Reywas 2 intentionally misconstrued what he had said, Reywas 2 claimed that I was only acting interested in MM2's thoughts and aggressively asked me to put forth what I thought, not ask MM2. I think it's fair to say this is strange. The fervor with which Reywas 2 spoke to me said that I had hit a nerve. That, combined with the statement that seemed to be intentionally misconstruing Metalmarsh 2's position, tells me that Reywas 2 doesn't want Metalmarsh 2 to contribute, even going so far as to say that Metalmarsh 2 is "playing into my hand" when I had made I believe 2 posts asking for MM2's opinion on things. I can't see a logical reason why we should keep a person attempting to shut someone out of the game around, there's no situation I can imagine in which a civ-aligned player would want to aggressively dissuade someone from posting.

I'd be complacent with a Dom 2 lynch because their activity level has dropped dramatically since the Cookie 2 ISO post. Haven't posted in just over 48 hours. I'm not looking to trim unnecessary fat, so to speak, but it's strange for someone to drop off the face of the earth like that. Dom 2 was actually the first to post after the Gamer Guy 2 rezz, only a minute afterwards, so for that person to initiate radio silence for 2 days is disconcerting.

No, that's the genuine Gamer Guy on Golden 2. He wouldn't have noticed That Goofy Clown otherwise.
Lunalee
nutella
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 80

Post by Celeste »

Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:Also you made a mistake a few posts ago; at least a z was not included. And I am pretty confident I can outpost you. So we could both just stop now, to make things easier. Just a thought.

You are mistaken. :)
Epignosis 2 wrote:Where is the argument for a Dom lynch? This seemed to just have kinda popped up.
If Black Rock was an evil seemer, exactly what did she accomplish flipping as a tracker? Quickly setting up Cookie, who was the main person she was tunneling on, and who also judged Cookie to be bad? Domzy-Womzy.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Bass 2 wrote:
Epignosis 2 wrote:@Bass could you explain your vote to me as well?
Reywas 2 misunderstood Metalmarsh 2 in a strange way earlier in the thread. When I asked MM2 about whether or not he thought Reywas 2 intentionally misconstrued what he had said, Reywas 2 claimed that I was only acting interested in MM2's thoughts and aggressively asked me to put forth what I thought, not ask MM2. I think it's fair to say this is strange. The fervor with which Reywas 2 spoke to me said that I had hit a nerve. That, combined with the statement that seemed to be intentionally misconstruing Metalmarsh 2's position, tells me that Reywas 2 doesn't want Metalmarsh 2 to contribute, even going so far as to say that Metalmarsh 2 is "playing into my hand" when I had made I believe 2 posts asking for MM2's opinion on things. I can't see a logical reason why we should keep a person attempting to shut someone out of the game around, there's no situation I can imagine in which a civ-aligned player would want to aggressively dissuade someone from posting.

I'd be complacent with a Dom 2 lynch because their activity level has dropped dramatically since the Cookie 2 ISO post. Haven't posted in just over 48 hours. I'm not looking to trim unnecessary fat, so to speak, but it's strange for someone to drop off the face of the earth like that. Dom 2 was actually the first to post after the Gamer Guy 2 rezz, only a minute afterwards, so for that person to initiate radio silence for 2 days is disconcerting.

No, that's the genuine Gamer Guy on Golden 2. He wouldn't have noticed That Goofy Clown otherwise.
LOL I'm not trying to shut MM2 out of the thread. All this talk of intentionally misconstruing things and you're the one who's doing that. Show me where I said I want MM2 to stop contributing.

Here's my problem Bass 2. You asked MM2 if he thought I was misconstruing him on purpose. Why did you ask JUST him? Why didn't you ask the thread at large, or offer your own opinion before asking for MM2's?

My answer to that question is you did it because you were preying upon his ego and hoping to get on his good side by engaging with him and turning him against me. Maybe there's a different, civ-friendly answer to that question but that's not how I'm viewing it atm.

"No logical reason" to keep me around, haha. Talk about hyperbole.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Cobalt 2 wrote:If Black Rock was town, genuinely town, I'd question why the executed jumped on Cookie, like she was the Grand Vizier of Cookies. :ponder:
Oh? You sure about that? :grin:

dunya
Turnip Head
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Re: Day 3 -The Syndicate Mafia

Post by Ben Linus »

Golden 2 wrote:Image
fingersplints wrote:
Long Con 2 has been lynched.

With Long Con 2's death, the effects of the polyjuice potion wore off and revealed his true identity. Long Con 2 was
Spoiler: show
a baddie Elohcin. To the surprise of no one she had a lynch switch.
Golden 2, can you show me the image you would have posted if LC2 flipped civ?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

I'll get back to you on that, just let me finish catching up.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

So, chronologically

1) "SVS", I appreciate your review of "BR"'s posts, but if the main conflict between us being trackers is real (as opposed to a misunderstanding of how many roles might exist or how some other effects might be at work), then I still feel, personally, that "BR" could have fabricated the whole thing, the way I've expressed it before: react to my rezz right away, seed those posts below a good pile of reads and such, switch back to the plan when the lynch opportunity arrived. Your conclusion is that someone like juliets would never go to so much trouble doing such an extensive read on "Cookie", but I actually wonder if her "Cookie" ISO is not the very definition of Too Much Work, hence a very dubious attempt to look involved. You and "Lipsticklacey" posit that these reads are the things she asked to go back and read, but I'm confident that she sent everyone back to her thoughts on my flip, way behind her entire wall of reads.

2)
Ricochet 2 wrote:I'm surprised to see so much doubt around a Golden lynch. I feel like it is the obvious thing to do, I can't understand why Juliet would get herself lynched and lie, but I also find a lot of the theories that have been put out there confusing.

If there is someone out there who genuinely thinks we should not vote golden today, could you give me a really clear summary of why I shouldn't assume he is bad?

The two of every role thing doesn't work to me because there are 25 of us which is not even.
I would still recommend putting me and juliets through the same lense. To me, the way she crafted ambivalence on the "LC" vs "Syn" matter until the boat finally rocked and flipped towards "LC", combined with the sequence of contesting my flip, resuming regular gameplay and then hinting back at it as soon as the lynching plead had grunds, makes me believe her posts could have been neatly put in place, instead of genuine.

As for juliets being the kind of person who would be sincere in her initiative, I believe someone else already pointed out that, if she's part of the baddie team, she can well adapt to the team's plan and even execute it masterfully.

3)
Reywas 2 wrote:
Ricochet 2 wrote:OK, cookie, two questions

1) If Juliet is bad, can you think of a plausible motive for making the move?

2) If we give golden the benefit of the doubt, how are we to figure out his trustworthiness long term?
If Golden 2 is a civvie then we need to make him the baddie's problem. They'll either need to kill him because he's got a powerful role or else he'll start to figure things out.

If Golden 2 is a baddie then he'll need to help us lynch some baddies or we're gonna lose faith in him.

I'm uncomfortable making that judgment at this stage in the game. I don't think juliets was bad tbh. That's not a move she makes if she's a baddie. My concern is that it's possible there's 2 civvie trackers and I want to let it play out. Either way, Golden 2 owes us a baddie sooner rather than later.
I'd say I already am the baddies problem and it's obvious what they attempted, as soon as I was rezz'd. Disposing of me via another kill isn't the only option, when they can push for my disposal in a different way and preserve their kill for future victims.

I understand what you expect of me, but have to wonder if you'd expect the same without this tracker/seemer conflict? As in, do all outed roles that are brought back in the game (via a rezz) suddenly need to cough up results to prove worthiness? I'll do my best, for sure, but my role can still misfire, except if I locate a baddie whose moves were obvious in the results of a phase, since there are civvie and baddie targeters alike.

As for juliets not making such moves if a baddie, read above what I've pointed out to "Rico".

4)
Reywas 2 wrote:One problem I've got with Golden 2 is his kitschy posts leading up to the LC 2 flip. He posted those How I Met Your Mother memes and finished up with the classic "Dary!" as if he was already expecting the result. I mean what was Golden 2 gonna post if LC2 flipped civ? That was bizarre IMO.
Once again, I shouldn't have to point out what compelled me to do all those "kitschy posts" throughout the duration of a Day phase. What was it that was kitchy, anyway, considering that I implemented my regular thoughts into them instead of just fooling around (well, maybe a little)?

As for the HIMYM reference, it was a paraphrase to two things: a) the player I was referencing with the so called "kitschy posts", who did these HIMYM lynch flip shenanigans in a previous game and b) a lynch drama regarding "LC" that lasted for three Days and was still in effect, considering the talk that "LC" might be get another good roll, if a die-hard, and survive yet another Day. The "Dary" picture would have been adapted to a less enthusiastic one (well EDIT: you already asked for proof), should "LC" have flipped civ, but the whole thing in itself was nothing short of a reference gag.

5) I'm reading things again on civ win cons vs baddie win cons and I find some of the stuff head-scratching. Things like "Cookie" saying that, if civs have a dead-or-alive win con, it can't be known if baddies do too and that "baddies have to be alive". Like, WTF. In what universe does a *team of mafia* need to survive as a whole to win??
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

That is the opposite of what I said about the ISOs, actually. She said she wanted us to look back at what she had said, but clarified that she did not mean those, which is why I brought up her suspicion of Blooper 2.

dunya
Turnip Head
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Golden 2 wrote:
Reywas 2 wrote:One problem I've got with Golden 2 is his kitschy posts leading up to the LC 2 flip. He posted those How I Met Your Mother memes and finished up with the classic "Dary!" as if he was already expecting the result. I mean what was Golden 2 gonna post if LC2 flipped civ? That was bizarre IMO.
Once again, I shouldn't have to point out what compelled me to do all those "kitschy posts" throughout the duration of a Day phase. What was it that was kitchy, anyway, considering that I implemented my regular thoughts into them instead of just fooling around (well, maybe a little)?

As for the HIMYM reference, it was a paraphrase to two things: a) the player I was referencing with the so called "kitschy posts", who did these HIMYM lynch flip shenanigans in a previous game and b) a lynch drama regarding "LC" that lasted for three Days and was still in effect, considering the talk that "LC" might be get another good roll, if a die-hard, and survive yet another Day. The "Dary" picture would have been adapted to a less enthusiastic one (well EDIT: you already asked for proof), should "LC" have flipped civ, but the whole thing in itself was nothing short of a reference gag.
I'm calling your HIMYM memes "kitschy", not your image posts in general. I think that's a reference you make only if you know what the result of the flip will be. And your less enthusiastic version doesn't make much sense tbh. You were neither a proponent of lynching LC2 or defending her, so I don't know what compelled you to make the HIMYM reference during that specific lynch unless you knew you could complete the gag after the flip. I think you were coasting on your free civ cred and made a careless mistake by telegraphing the result. I think it points to you being on LC2's team.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Actually, that would be my solution to the problem.

We lynch Blooper 2. If she comes back as bad, then we can with near certainty trust BR2 was the real tracker, and then lynch Golden 2.

If she comes back good, while that would not clear Golden 2, since it could have just been an unlucky case where Blooper 2 and the killer both targeted Golden 2 the night he was killed, it would, I think, suggest we can give him a phase or two to prove he can be trusted.

It has the added bonus of us only losing a player who I think is 1 missed vote away from being mod killed, which would give us no result, which in this case would be a pretty big loss of useful information, and it doesn't risk killing the real civilian tracker if Golden 2 is being honest.

dunya
Turnip Head
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Also: Reywas 2, can you explain is to me. You do not want to lynch Synonym 2, because it is unconfirmed there are 2 baddie teams, but you are not willing to apply the same logic to Golden 2.

Why?

abcedfghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
dunya
Turnip Head
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:Also: Reywas 2, can you explain is to me. You do not want to lynch Synonym 2, because it is unconfirmed there are 2 baddie teams, but you are not willing to apply the same logic to Golden 2.

Why?

I don't understand what you're asking me. I think Golden 2 is on LC2's baddie team. I don't suspect Synonym 2 but if evidence appears that there's 2 baddie teams I'm willing to reassess.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Reywas 2 wrote:
Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:Also: Reywas 2, can you explain is to me. You do not want to lynch Synonym 2, because it is unconfirmed there are 2 baddie teams, but you are not willing to apply the same logic to Golden 2.

Why?

I don't understand what you're asking me. I think Golden 2 is on LC2's baddie team. I don't suspect Synonym 2 but if evidence appears that there's 2 baddie teams I'm willing to reassess.
So you think Golden 2 and his team killed him then.

Why?
dunya
Turnip Head
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Do we know that LC2's team killed Golden 2?
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Reywas 2 wrote:Do we know that LC2's team killed Golden 2?
So then there is evidence of a second baddie team, and you need to reassess.

dunya
Turnip Head
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Reywas 2 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:

I'm calling your HIMYM memes "kitschy", not your image posts in general. I think that's a reference you make only if you know what the result of the flip will be. And your less enthusiastic version doesn't make much sense tbh. You were neither a proponent of lynching LC2 or defending her, so I don't know what compelled you to make the HIMYM reference during that specific lynch unless you knew you could complete the gag after the flip. I think you were coasting on your free civ cred and made a careless mistake by telegraphing the result. I think it points to you being on LC2's team.
A gag is a gag. I only made it to paraphrase the second skin I had to live in and to wrap up my phase of posting like that. Plus, re-read my point b). I didn't telegraph any result, I adapted it to a situation in which "LC" would have either flipped mafia, after three Days of hounding, either survive another lynch, and prolong the whole thing once more, or flip civ, and make the whole thing a blunder. All three would have made a lasting effect. You're putting too much sense into those posts. Vote to lynch me, if you really think that's your big lead.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:

He also could have been killed by the civ ninja so I don't think this is as cut and dry as you want to make it seem :shrug: If I feel that there's sufficient evidence of a second baddie team and I'm unhappy with Syn 2's contributions (he's been resting on his laurels ever since the LC2 lynch IMO) then I'll look that way. But you trying to strongarm me into going that direction doesn't make me want to do it.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Golden 2 wrote:
Reywas 2 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:

A gag is a gag. I only made it to paraphrase the second skin I had to live in and to wrap up my phase of posting like that. Plus, re-read my point b). I didn't telegraph any result, I adapted it to a situation in which "LC" would have either flipped mafia, after three Days of hounding, either survive another lynch, and prolong the whole thing once more, or flip civ, and make the whole thing a blunder. All three would have made a lasting effect. You're putting too much sense into those posts. Vote to lynch me, if you really think that's your big lead.
It's just a piece of the puzzle, my tennis-loving friend.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Reywas 2 wrote:
Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:

He also could have been killed by the civ ninja so I don't think this is as cut and dry as you want to make it seem :shrug: If I feel that there's sufficient evidence of a second baddie team and I'm unhappy with Syn 2's contributions (he's been resting on his laurels ever since the LC2 lynch IMO) then I'll look that way. But you trying to strongarm me into going that direction doesn't make me want to do it.
Except that is an absurd argument to make. Go read Timmer 2, and explain to me why he would have chosen to kill Golden 2.

Either there is a single baddie team, and you need to come up with a compelling reason Golden 2's own team killed him, or there is compelling evidence that there are 2 baddie teams.

Anything else is making up excuses to hold on to theories that do not actually hold up.

dunya
Turnip Head
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Reywas 2 wrote:
Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:

So "Timmer" killed me and the mafia just slept on the job that Night?
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:
Reywas 2 wrote:
Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:

Except that is an absurd argument to make. Go read Timmer 2, and explain to me why he would have chosen to kill Golden 2.

Either there is a single baddie team, and you need to come up with a compelling reason Golden 2's own team killed him, or there is compelling evidence that there are 2 baddie teams.

Anything else is making up excuses to hold on to theories that do not actually hold up.

I'm not going to do any of that.

When I'm the civ ninja I tend to kill people I'm suspicious of that I don't bring up in-thread. I don't claim to know the inner workings of Llama's mind.
Golden 2 wrote:
Reywas 2 wrote:
Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:

Don't act like I'm being ridiculous. It wouldn't even be the first time in this game that the mafia kill didn't go through.
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Golden 2 wrote:
Reywas 2 wrote:
Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:

And since you are here, do you have any thoughts on my proposal for a Blooper 2 lynch?

dunya
Turnip Head
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Reywas 2 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:
Reywas 2 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:

It's just a piece of the puzzle, my tennis-loving friend.
One in which you're keeping the other pieces in your pocket, because all I've heard so far is that juliets would never plunge to get lynched as a baddie and I wouldn't be playing like the real TGG.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:
Golden 2 wrote:
Reywas 2 wrote:
Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:

And since you are here, do you have any thoughts on my proposal for a Blooper 2 lynch?

I can't dispute "BR''s tracker status being genuine and endorse the "BR hinted at these people (whether it's "Cookie" or "Blooper") being bad" angle at the same time. I don't believe "BR"'s tracker status is genuine. Your read on their exchange is correct, but it could equally be a ping, based on "Bloopers" inactivity. Her last actual impression is that "Blooper" is likely civ, from the looks of who "LC" called out.

On its own, "Blooper" does raise indeed the question of why, out of 4 posts, two are very direct ones. The "Syn" one looks slightly worse, if you ask me. It's something, for instance, that "BR" didn't hinge on, which makes me think she was just uncomfortable with her own exchange. "Blooper"s inactivity and odd questioning could make anyone wonder, especially the players "Blooper" referred to out of the blue.

Also, you've pointed out that "BR"s candidates might be "Blooper", "Cookie" and "Elohcin", but have then fixated only on "Blooper". Do you have no thoughts on the others, from the same angle?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Speaking of "Eloh", what happened with the viewpoints on her? She went from vote train the other Day to zero traction right now.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Reywas 2 wrote:
Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:
Reywas 2 wrote:
Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:

I'm not going to do any of that.

When I'm the civ ninja I tend to kill people I'm suspicious of that I don't bring up in-thread. I don't claim to know the inner workings of Llama's mind.
Golden 2 wrote:
Reywas 2 wrote:
Lipsticklacey 2 wrote:

Don't act like I'm being ridiculous. It wouldn't even be the first time in this game that the mafia kill didn't go through.
Circumstance upon circumstance.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Snapshot »

Voted Rey. At a movie will talk later
Reporting
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Reywas 2 wrote:Here's my problem Bass 2. You asked MM2 if he thought I was misconstruing him on purpose. Why did you ask JUST him? Why didn't you ask the thread at large, or offer your own opinion before asking for MM2's?

My answer to that question is you did it because you were preying upon his ego and hoping to get on his good side by engaging with him and turning him against me. Maybe there's a different, civ-friendly answer to that question but that's not how I'm viewing it atm.
Of course you wouldn't tell someone you want them to go away, that'd more likely than not annoy them and make them stick around even longer. I wasn't claiming you had said those direct words. Please don't play dumb, it's a waste of time.

I asked JUST him because I was only interested in HIS answer. If I had cared what Synonym 2, for instance, thought about it I would've asked Synonym 2. But I don't care what Synonym 2 thinks of that exchange. He wasn't involved in it, and I don't think I'll get any significant information from asking that. To turn your own logic back on you, why aren't you asking everyone why I asked MM2 that question?

To be perfectly honest that wouldn't have been a bad plan, but your reaction made you look bad, not anything I said to Metalmarsh 2.

And regarding the "Ninja killed Golden 2" theory, the possibility of a Night 1 kill on Gamer Guy 2 (Medic) plus a self-protect is minimal, but there. However, the possibility of any night kills being protected after that is extremely small, in my opinion, due to the likely lack of pure protection roles (Medic, not "replace kill" like Bodyguard) after Gamer Guy 2's death. Also I think you're reading too much into Golden 2's HIMYM "legen-dary" posts. The world that you create by saying Golden 2 is mafia is a strange one. BR2 waits for days before contesting Golden 2's flip whatsoever, the majority of Night 2 is used to set up for this supposed seemer flip, it just seems a tad excessive.
Lunalee
nutella

Return to “Previous Jobs”