[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: [DAY 2] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

motel room wrote:
Golden wrote:I'm completely willing to help flip this lynch to JJJ. I don't trust him in the least. Anyone else on board?
considering
Cool! What do you think of my most recent contributions, aokiji? :nicenod:
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

I really don't see any reason to lynch llama at the moment and don't trust the reads of the people voting him. If necessary I'll switch my vote to prevent it.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Your behavior does not exempt you from standard Mafia responsibility. I want you to expand.
Okay!

90% of my posts in this game feature earnest scumhunting efforts much like those you saw in Robert De Niro Mafia. I have stated clear suspicions and given every reason for every vote. I have engaged my suspects in continuous thorough conversation, and adapted my reads as I've proceeded. I haven't quite played at full throttle I grant, but that's impossible under the circumstances.

The other 10% feature... whatever I'm doing right now. :ponder:
This either affirms my suspicions because you can't think of a good response or if you are town it tells me that you are not really reading my accusations towards you and giving them any thought, which is tragically ironic considering that's what you keep asking me (and others) to do for you. I have acknowledged that you have stated suspicions and given reasons, and I have acknowledged that you have engaged "suspects" and adapted my reads. It is not your job right now to prove to me that you have done these things, it is your job to prove to me, and everyone else, that it is not an act. Because your train of thought regarding your reads is telling me, as it has been the entire game, that it is.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:I'm talking about the game in general. Now you're avoiding doing that specifically because I've brought attention to it.
I veered way off Meta Highway well before you told me I was imitating myself.
But not well before you sensed that accusation.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:How hypocritical is this? Is it not standard Mafia responsibility to give legitimate reasons for a vote that is very close to the time of the lynch? Is that not AT LEAST as high of a priority when it comes to things needing an explanation as something that, as I said before, is as subjective as it is plain-as-day, meaning if you don't see what's bothersome about it than no further explanation could possibly benefit you?
I want you to really think about this right now, Zebra. You know what I'm capable of in Mafia games. I know it too. This behavior right now is obviously not an adequate representation of that. Do you think I'm not completely aware of that? Am I oblivious of myself? Do I have myself on ignore? You might not know why I'm being loopy right now, but I think you can figure it out if you allow yourself the opportunity to consider it fairly.
Or you could, I don't know, tell us, and prevent another mislynch if you are in fact town. Don't make me regret giving you the benefit of the doubt yet again. Last chance before I join this potential new bandwagon.

linki@Russ Just a vibe, otherwise I would have elaborated earlier. Subject to change as all reads are.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

bcornett24 wrote:Meh I've been so busy last two days, I havent had time to look this over, just remembered come back 12 pages of 50 posts to read, is not happening.
I think I believe you, Brian.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 221

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:I'm completely willing to help flip this lynch to JJJ. I don't trust him in the least. Anyone else on board?
Excellent. Why is that Golden? What am I up to?
I have no idea. That's what bothers me. I usually see rationality behind your actions. Possibly, it's something to do with your position as assistant CEO.

I don't know what is going on with you, and I find that incredibly scary.

@BR - what question?
That's not satisfactory. If you think I am bad, which you just implied by "I don't trust him in the least" and your willingness to lynch me right now, then you must have a specific mafia agenda in mind to explain my behavior. So what am I doing?
No, there is no such 'must'.

You just said you think a tie could be consistent with your win condition (more consistent than the other options I propose). I do not think that makes any sense from a civilian mindset. All I need to do is feel like you are not coming from a civilian mindset, and I don't.

@BR - in what sense? Not much in this game, but I think he is usually very switched on as a civ (regardless of how loud or quiet) and comes across as more vague and detached as a baddie.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Brief appearance. Ask me things.
How was your day?
Splendid, thanks for asking! I spent most of it on planes, trains, automobiles, and a bed, but I'm in great spirits. How was your day?
Russtifinko wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Brief appearance. Ask me things.
What are you in Sweden for? And what part?
I'm in Stockholm for leisure. I visited Oslo, Norway a few months ago and loved it, so I wanted some more Scandinavia in my diet. I love the umlauts and I love the blondes. :blush:
You and me both, brother. :srsnod:

Linki: Yeah I figured that was probably it. Hopefully I can be more Supatown and convince you otherwise!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Elohcin »

I guess no one is going to make me laugh today. *self vote*
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
bcornett24 wrote:Meh I've been so busy last two days, I havent had time to look this over, just remembered come back 12 pages of 50 posts to read, is not happening.
Tell me this is another time you should've put the font in orange. Are you really willing to give up that suspicion so easily?
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 306

Post by motel room »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
motel room wrote:
considering
i think you're leaning into that wifom that people cant help but double-think.

Are you being this guy right now to benefit town or to screw with us\your meta?
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:This either affirms my suspicions because you can't think of a good response or if you are town it tells me that you are not really reading my accusations towards you and giving them any thought, which is tragically ironic considering that's what you keep asking me (and others) to do for you. I have acknowledged that you have stated suspicions and given reasons, and I have acknowledged that you have engaged "suspects" and adapted my reads. It is not your job right now to prove to me that you have done these things, it is your job to prove to me, and everyone else, that it is not an act. Because your train of thought regarding your reads is telling me, as it has been the entire game, that it is.
I can't PROVE that. I can only play my game and hope that it serves to the best interests of my team. If you interpret my honest contributions as being dishonest, even when I have tried so hard to explain myself repeatedly, then there's nothing I can do about that.
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:But not well before you sensed that accusation.
Excuse me, what?

I do not own a functioning crystal ball.
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Or you could, I don't know, tell us, and prevent another mislynch if you are in fact town. Don't make me regret giving you the benefit of the doubt yet again. Last chance before I join this potential new bandwagon.
Why would I tell everyone what I'm doing when I'm clearly up to something unique? I'm not going to telegraph my maneuver to those who might be exposed by it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

This is what I've been trying to get at for these past few pages Golden, it is not genuinely logical for a civilian to demand specifics where they are unnecessary and choose to hide specifics when they are essential to not getting yourself lynched.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Excellent. Why is that Golden? What am I up to?
I have no idea. That's what bothers me. I usually see rationality behind your actions. Possibly, it's something to do with your position as assistant CEO.

I don't know what is going on with you, and I find that incredibly scary.

@BR - what question?
That's not satisfactory. If you think I am bad, which you just implied by "I don't trust him in the least" and your willingness to lynch me right now, then you must have a specific mafia agenda in mind to explain my behavior. So what am I doing?
No, there is no such 'must'.

You just said you think a tie could be consistent with your win condition (more consistent than the other options I propose). I do not think that makes any sense from a civilian mindset. All I need to do is feel like you are not coming from a civilian mindset, and I don't.

@BR - in what sense? Not much in this game, but I think he is usually very switched on as a civ (regardless of how loud or quiet) and comes across as more vague and detached as a baddie.
None of your options suit the truth. I chose the one that was most applicable among a number of wrong options.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Elohcin wrote:I guess no one is going to make me laugh today. *self vote*
Don't self-vote! It's not allowed!

Will you switch to someone evil if I tell you a joke?

A pirate walks into a bar with a ship's steering wheel sticking out of his pants. He sidles up and says, "Arrr, gimme a cuppa yer best grog!" And the bartender says, "Sure. And it's on the house, but first you have to tell me why that steering wheel's in your pants."

The pirate lifts up his eyepatch and gives the bartender an exasperated look, and says, "Yarrrr, it's drivin' me nuts." :haha:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Black Rock »

Elohcin, I just started and I have read the rules. Have you?
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
motel room wrote:
considering

I hope it'll benefit town. The intentions are honest at least.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Nothing better than a self-vote on Day 2, really? You have no scum reads other than myself and...yourself?
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

getting back on Long Con for now. Not feeling the bcornett lynch, i believed his post just then I guess. Llama, yeah maybe.
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Tell me this is another time you should've put the font in orange. Are you really willing to give up that suspicion so easily?
Wouldn't be the first time.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
motel room wrote:
considering

I hope it'll benefit town. The intentions are honest at least.
what are the intentions?
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 314
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin will be punished along with any players who miss this vote.

Don't self-vote, folks. Don't miss the vote. Don't break any other rules for this matter. May this be a lesson. :feb:
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 140

Post by bcornett24 »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I have no idea what is going on since page 16, when it became night. So whatever your accusations are of me I can't really defend myself. :shrug:

By no means are you required to believe I've been busy, but I firmly believe life trumps this. If I am not lynched tonight I'll be looking stuff over shortly.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:This is what I've been trying to get at for these past few pages Golden, it is not genuinely logical for a civilian to demand specifics where they are unnecessary and choose to hide specifics when they are essential to not getting yourself lynched.
I'm not sure I follow this post, but you agree that JJJ's behaviour is bizarre?

I mean, why demand that I must have a specific anti-mafia strategy in mind for his antics to suspect him...
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Russtifinko wrote:

A pirate walks into a bar with a ship's steering wheel sticking out of his pants. He sidles up and says, "Arrr, gimme a cuppa yer best grog!" And the bartender says, "Sure. And it's on the house, but first you have to tell me why that steering wheel's in your pants."

The pirate lifts up his eyepatch and gives the bartender an exasperated look, and says, "Yarrrr, it's drivin' me nuts." :haha:
:haha: :haha: Yay, thanks Russ! :clap:
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

I'm voting for long con to break the tie as there needs to be a lynch, my lynch will only be a waste of time.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I flipped my vote to llama. Long Con took the lead again, and I don't think Long Con is the right way to go.

But... if a tie in the end, I will flip back away.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

motel room wrote:what are the intentions?
I'll reveal that soon.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

I may switch to Long Con. I only suspect him very mildly, but I don't want to risk a very late tie.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

6 mins left and its at 6-6 llama v long con
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:This is what I've been trying to get at for these past few pages Golden, it is not genuinely logical for a civilian to demand specifics where they are unnecessary and choose to hide specifics when they are essential to not getting yourself lynched.

I mean, why demand that I must have a specific anti-mafia strategy in mind for his antics to suspect him...
Suspecting me is not equivalent to wanting me dead immediately.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Yeah seeing Golden's switch, I'm going with LC. I don't like a llama lynch and I don't like a tie.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm just going to address this because I'm tired of going in circles.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Why would I tell everyone what I'm doing when I'm clearly up to something unique?
BECAUSE YOU COULD GET LYNCHED. :omg:

At least answer this JJJ, are you going to reveal your intentions before Day 2 is finished? Because otherwise you might not have a chance.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:

Suspecting me is not equivalent to wanting me dead immediately.
and if it wasn't half an hour before the lynch, I would have pushed it.

And trust me, I will push it until THE END OF THIS GAME, unless you have a damn good explanation soon.

There is no way in hell your behaviour looks anything like civvie you. I want you dead. Definitely.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Elohcin wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:

:haha: :haha: Yay, thanks Russ! :clap:
Happy I could help. :D
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And now Long Con will get lynched.

JJ, if you are civilian, you are a fool.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

And JJJ switches votes without saying so in the thread. Back to JJJ.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

and oops. I must have forgot that rule. eek. no modkill, please!
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hey, I'm still catching up from the five or six pages that happened while I was at work, but I couldn't help but notice that there's a sudden influx of votes on me. Please reconsider, I'm not a baddie this time.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:At least answer this JJJ, are you going to reveal your intentions before Day 2 is finished? Because otherwise you might not have a chance.
I don't think I'll have time. I will say though that the person who most failed this test was Golden.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Sorsha »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:I'm just going to address this because I'm tired of going in circles.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Why would I tell everyone what I'm doing when I'm clearly up to something unique?
BECAUSE YOU COULD GET LYNCHED. :omg:

At least answer this JJJ, are you going to reveal your intentions before Day 2 is finished? Because otherwise you might not have a chance.
He revealed already :nicenod:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rbzmncaeaei wrote:And JJJ switches votes without saying so in the thread. Back to JJJ.
I was responding to you. Yes I switched to LONG CON

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Voting bcornett to hopefully maybe save myself? Any helpful friends out there? :scared: :scared: :scared:
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Yeah that JJJ flip makes me nervous. C'mon, man...

...Sorsha, explain plz?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Sorsha »

.....at least I thought he did.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:JJ, if you are civilian, you are a fool.
Well that's mean.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Went back to brian. May as well keep my vote where I believe the person is bad.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Long Con wrote:Hey, I'm still catching up from the five or six pages that happened while I was at work, but I couldn't help but notice that there's a sudden influx of votes on me. Please reconsider, I'm not a baddie this time.
It's too late, the day's almost over. I really hope you're lying here.

linki: Nope, you're a better lynch than bcorn. As JJJ now inexplicably concurs...
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Long Con wrote:Voting bcornett to hopefully maybe save myself? Any helpful friends out there? :scared: :scared: :scared:

Will your lynch by as useless as my own?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

TIME
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 314
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 2 post will come shortly.

Elohcin will be punished for self-voting; reywaS will be punished for missing the vote.

Since Black Rock just replaced in, she will get off with a warning... just this time. :feb:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:JJ, if you are civilian, you are a fool.
Well that's mean.
Yeah not cool, Golden. On the for real.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”