[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Re: [DAY 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Draconus »

Choutas wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Choutas wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Well, I'm certainly feeling better about Golden. Sorry for the previous Day's vote. But you were asking for it ;) Anything I can clear up for you? I see I'm in your top 3 :)

I'm going back to voting for Sorsha. Because, reasons.
After you voting for her I'm feeling much less secure about my vote. My scum sensor is tingling. If you're scum you wouldn't be so gung ho in joining a forming lynch of sorsha if she was scum. Of course she can be scum and you town but you both look suss to me.
I still don't understand why I'm being painted red. I'm not bad. I think Sorsha's bad. That's why I'm voting there. I'm hoping to see that your last sentence is 100% correct. Right now I can only confirm 50%.... Well 66% of it, if you include that we both look suss to you.
Maybe Devin. I find Mac one of the towniest guys in the game. Having strong ties with seaside I'm a good judge of his and he looks incredibly townie to me. So the first three votes are a townie wagon to me. You happened to be the fourth vote and you don't look good to me for reasons outlined by JJJ(no buddying intended), it fits in my brain. Suspicious player jumps fourth in a townie wagon of a townie lynch. At least it doesn't look that both of you are scum, it's way too early to vote for a scummate so tacticwise to me you can't be both scum. The worst scenario of you two both being townies is completely disastrous to me reads and Iwon't even consider it that's how confident I am.
Btw if you're townie don't be overwhelmed by me. I'm a bully in mafia. In case you haven't figured it out already. Usually I post much more and occasionally make reads. This game is humongous however and I didn't expect it to be this way.
Btw Vito must be a big Devin Townsend fan. If you're looking for players mods you can try inviting him over. You can also try Crat or MMB
Suspicious player who has voted for Sorsha before I might add. Yes, I switched my vote to Golden that same day, but a lot of votes were switched before the end of the day. Some from Sorsha, as well. I did say that it doesn't mean I feel better about Sorsha and that I didn't care which one was lynched that day. The unspoken meaning of this statement is that I'd be more than happy to vote for her again.
WIFOM. Sure. But I don't know what to say to convince you that I'm not bad. I could bring in meta bullsuit and say that I have never once won as a civ or a civ-aligned indi. I somehow always get looks pretty quickly as a civ. But feel free to ignore this last bit :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DEVIN THE OMNISCIENT
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

No.

Its not that I dont like you you its that you blatted on about me poss having illegal BTSC by PM during an ongoing game that has upset me most and made me not really want to play.
;)
Draconus
Money Launderer

Re: [DAY 3] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Draconus »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey Devin, let's fight.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Relationship between Devin the Omniscient and Long Con:
Choutas wrote:My first vote for the day goes to Devin. His style is similar to mine and I hate myself so make the math.
Me too :consoling:

As long as it's not for being a "lurker." I'm not even being that this game. For RYMers: I am a Staff Accountant who experiences extreme business for at least 2 weeks out of the month, every single month. It begins on the 1st of each month and runs for 2 weeks after that (pending any unexpected delays). I'm stating this, btw, because I saw some discussion of lynching lurkers or low posters. Just wanted to explain my position those unfamiliar with me.

I will go ahead and put a placeholder on Diiny again. Though, I did like the points LC was making about MacDougall. Will go back and read that more carefully if I get a chance to.
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Welcome BR!!

Just popping in to say I'm going to keep my vote where it is today. I skimmed through MacDougal's posts like I said I would, and I'm just not seeing what LC is seeing atm. I'm marking him down as neutral for the time being.

Linki: Having been his teammate in The Flash, I completely agree with that, Golden.
The content highlighted in yellow is relevant to LC in that Devin was discussing some points made by LC about MacDougall.

Devin is highly vague on both counts. Initially he said he "liked" the points made by LC and that'd be review further. Then, upon "skimming" further, he determined that he's "just not seeing what LC is seeing atm". This bears the appearance of fake involvement to me, and the fact that it's directly related to LC is a problem. I don't struggle to view this scenario as Devin using his team mate's contributions as a springboard into discussion (specifically about Mac), before arbitrarily siding against his team mate for the sake of creating distance.

This would be less troubling if I had any idea why Devin initially liked LC's points and later discarded them, but I do not. I have absolutely no idea what Devin's thought process was with regards to Mac and I am unconvinced he had one. Bad look.

Everything else Devin said about LC came after LC's lynch.

Long Con never made any mention of Devin.

~~~

I think Devin looks bad here.
But, I don't want to fight you. I have no reason to. I will respond to this, though.

Responding to the bolded: LC has a way with words. He is amazing at creating convincing cases out of absolutely nothing. In reading his case against Mac, I thought he was onto something. He sounded like he knew what he was talking about and had an air of confidence about his post. I SKIMMED because I am always short on time. But none-the-less I took the initiative to look into MacDougal myself. What I saw in Mac's post didn't ping me or give me pause in the slightest, so I saw no reason to vote for him.

No idea why LC never mentioned me. Very few people ever do early on ;)

Gotta finish printing reports. Be back to respond to more stuffs.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:But, I don't want to fight you. I have no reason to. I will respond to this, though.

Responding to the bolded: LC has a way with words. He is amazing at creating convincing cases out of absolutely nothing. In reading his case against Mac, I thought he was onto something. He sounded like he knew what he was talking about and had an air of confidence about his post. I SKIMMED because I am always short on time. But none-the-less I took the initiative to look into MacDougal myself. What I saw in Mac's post didn't ping me or give me pause in the slightest, so I saw no reason to vote for him.

What did you initially see in LC's case against Mac that you liked which was negated by your own investigations of Mac?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Matt F wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Matt F wrote:
fingersplints wrote:I need to look back and find out why Roxy voted Matt f. Looking at who is killed I am fairly confident she is a civvie. With how she is (perhaps I should say how we are lol) about new/returning players there is no way she is involved in any of those kills.
1) Are you saying in a Mafia with 7 players, only Roxy is able to decide who to kill?

2) I'm a returning player after missing Mafia for two years, and Roxy has been voting me the entire game, so your point is null and void.
You were gone for TWO YEARS? What? But we were just playing Sherlock together last... August... 2013... Wow. That went by quick!
I know, seems just like yesterday.

Anyway, Sorsha has a lot of votes already. I want to vote for her, as I have the last two days, but still have my reread to get through. If not her, I'm also looking at Devin today, and even though I probably won't vote for him, I also have an eye on Floyd still.

Devin - What are your thoughts on your CEO picks, Dr Wilgy and MetalMarsh? You haven't spoken to them or about them at all since Dusk 0.
I liked Dr Wilgy's resume. It made me laugh.
I met MM at MP's wedding. He's a really stand-up guy. Also, he's a syndicator at heart :feb:

Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

Roxy wrote:No.

Its not that I dont like you you its that you blatted on about me poss having illegal BTSC by PM during an ongoing game that has upset me most and made me not really want to play.
Dude, I'm sorry you feel that way, but you are the only one. I never intended to mean that you had illegal btsc. I even posted this earlier, which you never responded to...
Matt F wrote:
Roxy wrote:I do read the thread and will honestly say when I don't. I just proved that *you* do *not* read the thread like you claim to in your latest post to MacD. I know what you posted but it was still inferring illegal BTSC which I do not like the insinuation.
This right here is precisely why I continue to get pings from you despite my initial suspicion being invalidated. You continue to make shit up to make me look bad.

Roxy, let me clear this up.

I was DEFENDING you (from myself, admittedly) when I said "Maybe Rbz PM'd Roxy to talk about old Piano days." Furthermore, I was NOT inferring illegal BTSC. Is it ILLEGAL to PM an old friend from a different message board even if you two are playing a game together? I don't think so! I don't think anyone else thinks so, either. So, like I said to you before, in fact I'll just quote what I told you before...
Matt F wrote:If you are civvie, you need to stop making stuff up like that.
Again, I was not inferring that you had illegal BTSC. I do not think it is considered illegal to Private Message an old friend, even if you are playing in a game with them. If I am wrong on that count, my apologies, I did not realize, but I do not think I am wrong.

Roxy - I know in the past we've had these little battles, but I do think you're swell.

If you are really unhappy with my play after seeing this post, let's take it to PM with SVS or MP.
Image Image Image Image
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 140

Post by bcornett24 »

Sorsha seems very confused especially in her most recent posting...the behavior reminds me of a lost puppy. By no means is sorsha a new player to mafia, is this behavior normal for her? Is it more akin to mafia sorsha or town sorsha? To be fair, I rather feel like this as well due to the depth of content is this thread.
Sorsha wrote:Elo why don't you just ask to be replaced?

Here you go sig and whoever else wants it:

Bad:
bea- Like I said earlier, I wouldn’t be surprised if LC got the go ahead btc from bea to use her for his ruse.

Epignosis- Completely avoided the LC/bea posts, tried to steer the lynch away from LC. Placed a vote temporarily on seaside then switched it to bcornet at the end which helped out with LC’s x3 vote.

Devin- Until today hadn’t contributed much. The rainbow list I started yesterday I had “Leaning bad on Devin. He’s keeping up with the thread and posting answers to game mechanics and various questions but little in the way of suspicions except for Diiny.” Today he has defended Epi so that doesn’t look good to me either.

Probably good:
Golden- The only thing I find sus about his is his vote for bcornet at the end of the lynch, especially paired with LC’s x3. But….. I only skimmed over the golden v jjj posts, those I see him coming from a civ pov and, like me, I don’t see him defending LC like that if they were teammates.

Good:
My two biggest civ reads are Zebra and Mac, thinking bullz is civ so far and Strawhenge. I doubt that Black Rock is bad, I don’t think that role would be on its 2nd replacement by the 3rd day if it was a btsc baddie role and I don’t think Bubbles would have dropped out if she were bad either. (she has a history of never getting a baddie role so I think she’d stick it out if she did)

bcornet- I suspected him enough to vote for him yesterday but I don’t think that LC would have voted for him/tied it/nearly gotten him lynched if he was a teammate. I don't see him being bad with the way yesterdays lynch went down.
This looks favorable to me, though in this case specifically little is provided to back up her opinions which could mean that she is piggy backing off of other's reads.
Sorsha wrote:You guys already have you mind made up about me.

I'd literally be the worst baddie ever to defend LC like I did though. But what can I really say? I can't take back the fact that I defended him :shrug:
I agree with this and by no means is she a new player. I can't see her purposefully attempting to get herself lynched by defending LC and then being wrong about if she knew he was mafia, this would be rather counter intuitive.
Sorsha wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Yep, it was Zebra.
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:I'm back (overslept, just a reason, not an excuse), catching up right now. RIP bwt, with seven votes I'm willing to bet that at least two of them are baddies.
I think Epi singled out the seven of us to. He did make posts on a couple of us but I don't remember which ones. (and I'm getting ready for work right now so I don't have time to check myself)
I think this is the worst post due to language used "I think Epi singled out the seven of us to." but taking this as an iso might remove the context in which she was referring to. And if the context isn't removed this would then be a huge scumslip which makes even less sense for a veteran player.
Sorsha wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:
Epignosis wrote:k4j talked about me.

Save you all the trouble on that number.
So, did you kill him?
Did you kill him so you'd be able to come into the thread today and start off an attack on who k4j was suspicious of yesterday?
Sorsha wrote: :p No. I didn't.
I don't understand Sorsha's response to the question here, the topic was really serious while the reply was quite playful, or at least that is how it seems.

Something else I noticed is that much of her content end swith questions which redirects content away from herself. This could also be telling, or it could be normal for her, IDK.

If sorsha is mafia she has to be having one bad game right now and people are taking an easy vote trying to focus on her. This is why I feel that she is potentially being setup. By no means am I saying that I'm 100% right, based on the above content, it just feels off to me. You will not see me voting for her without more evidence. This will move her down to a far less suspicious place for me. I want to go back and look at her interactions with other players and see if something strikes me but, that will have to wait until after work, as will my opinions regarding diiny.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote:Nothing has happened to unmake her a scum but all other candidates from yesterday look town ergo I am inclined to believe she was saved by le scum making her mega scum like a megazord.
What does this even mean?

If I recall correctly, you disagreed with some of the reasons people wanted a Sorsha lynch.

Here:
MacDougall wrote:
Matt F wrote:
MacDougall wrote:No. It was gun to head. I did the same with Matt F. I have no overwhelming thought on him. He made me tingle once. Nowhere near some others. It's not worthy of consideration and you look bad to me for trying to dwell on something so pointless.
And this is why I usually read the thread first. Still reading, btw, but since I stopped for his last post, might as well stop for this one.

If you remember what it was that made you tingle, lemme know.
Alright. The post that caught my eye first was this one.
Matt F wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:Everything about the bcornett bandwagon screams easy mislynch, further cementing the civilians' loss in this game, days and days before the slow brutal end. I don't want to participate in a game that's as one-sided as that, do you? Vote JJJ, so we'll have one mislynch for one baddie lynch.
You may not be bad, but you're not pro-civilian.
wow. this. putting my vote on rbz for now.
Despite him proclaiming me def town, I don't have a read on RBZ.

However, if you agree with Epig that rbz is not bad but pro town, then why vote for rbz? You're still voting for someone you think is civvie.

Sorsha, what do you think of Eloh's vote for RBZ?
Here you made a point of reminding the thread that someone has you as a def town read. You are speaking as though it's normal that if someone has a pro town read on a player that the player returns the favour. That's not normal and it doesn't need to be said. It's weird that you would even bother qualifying the post with the aforementioned, but not a huge tell. It did catch my eye but until now I haven't had a chance to look at you in detail.

Until you started to receive some attention you appeared to be struggling to produce content and tried to force it out by discussing game mechanics. Strange, especially for someone who according to yourself is known for posting lots and lots in a game. Your entire page 2 ISO are posts of this nature. I would have thought, and this might be website differences, that a volume posting townie would be accusing all and sundry at that point rather than dwelling on game mechanics.

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... 1&start=40

You had a couple of people post mild suspicions of you and I sensed relief that you had an excuse to post. For someone who I can already see is a good player, struggling to scum hunt would be unusual for you as town, but would be an explanation for struggling to post if you were scum.
Matt F wrote:
Sorsha wrote:I feel like Matt is stretching with trying to find links where there are none and he's still on day 0 when everyone else is on day 2 so yeah... I can see that.
Everyone else, huh?

I suppose reywas coming in the thread to say "hello" means he's on Day 2, huh? Or TheFloyd, who has hardly said two words, if that, he must also be on Day 2?

As for me stretching it, again, I ask you, is Elohcin also stretching it by agreeing with my idea on you, or is still just me?
I don't like your reason for voting sorsha, but I particularly don't like that sorsha seems to be your big go to and your other scum hunt efforts are very low effort and not elaborated on in great detail despite you saying you would. Certainly sorsha accusing you of being the only player stuck on day 0 is disingenuous but it could just as easily be her using hyperbole as an excited townie thinking she's nabbed a scum. Her read is much the same as what I've discovered above in your ISO.

Actually on further thought when she said you were "stuck on day 0" did she not mean that your attention was on day 0? How does mentioning reywaS posting "hello" dispute the fact that your posts were all about day 0 up until that point? Hmmm... And this is your reason for starting your big tunnel job?

I think you've either misunderstood her or intentionally twisted her words. Which is it?

Most of your other major contributions occur when someone levels suspicion on you. You come out of the aethyr to respond, much like you have just now.

Discussing game mechanics early game to get post count up.
Tunneling a player who showed suspicion of you but made a faux pas in the process and despite a promise of more scum hunting...
You come out of the clouds to respond when someone mentions you in a negative light.

Pretty big scum tells.

Then there's this.
Matt F wrote:Russ looks completely anti-Mafia to me now. He might be SK (er...apologies to whoever doesn't like talking about the SK...?), but consider this...

Russ made the 8th and final vote for Long Con, and was rather late with it.

Then, Long Con was forced to use his "x3 vote" on bcornett just to TIE with bcornett. I very seriously doubt Russ would make that vote if Long Con was his teamie. He could've easily avoided it by voting bcornett or Llama.

Anywho, right now I believe Sorsha is a baddie.
Sorsha wrote: Of course he, as mafia, would try to associate with or otherwise make a civ look guilty.
^--Talkin' about Long Con and her.

What's funny about this, is when I mentioned how Sorsha maybe voted with Eloh in Day 0 all three times to make Elohcin look guilty in the case that Sorsha was lynched and flipped baddie...Sorsha said how ridiculous I was.

But now, you do believe it's possible that members of the Mafia try to associate with civs to make them look guilty? :clap:

Linki

I like Golden, heck he even voted me CEO (thanks G!), however, after seeing Russ' very late vote for Long Con, I see Golden switched his vote to bcornett before the poll ended. :ponder:

Golden - What are your thoughts on Sorsha? Do you think we should lynch her today?

Also, I had a slight ping on espers, but I'll write out a new post for that one. What's everyone else think of espers?
I don't think so. If Long Con's teammates were resigned to his lynching that would be a decent vote to make. I mean, if you're town you just justified him doing so!

I will say that if sorsha is lynched and flips scum it would be extremely unlike you're bussing her.

If she is lynched and flips town... well it won't condemn you. But it will make you look like a dick at least, scum at worst.

Can you please elaborate on some of the other scum pings you've had. I'd like to see you put some effort into other players before the end of this day. After analysing you further you've got me mighty worried.

I welcome the input of others here... Especially on the bolded part.
So you think that the case is wrong? But you vote for her immediately today?

But:
MacDougall wrote:I'm split on sorsha and golden as lynch candidates. Golden has been the scummiest player today, which is why I want him lynched but sorsha has been not really better and I'm keen to see sorsha flip so I can develop more of a MattF read. To me sorsha being scum is slightly less likely mathematically due to the fact that Matt is slightly more likely than I thought and I think it's incredibly unlikely that they are on a scum team.

Does anybody else have any theories that could develop from a lynch of one of these two?

linki: I recall one time getting lynched by town because scum Equus made a post that was a flow chart of probabilities that led to me being scum in the majority of cases. We lost the game because she got me lynched. If you are genuinely telling me that "colours and probabilities" are enough for you to say that DrWilgy is a strong town read and that's the towniest post in the game. I might as well just not bother posting actual cases and just make up wifom bullshit about people I have gut scum reads on.

I wouldn't say most look good. But wifom aside, there aren't many players who have outright been suspicious to me. Evidently there are six. Being that I'm awesome it's probably the entire scum team.

I assume you mean that my town and scum games are identical? *sigh* Dude that's wifom. We need to focus on actual cases and inconsistencies like the part where MattF has actually completely misconstrued (or misrepresented) a valid point sorsha raised about him and tunneled her the entire time since. Using wifom and meta in my experience is anti-town. Either townies making cases based on nothing that fluke lynch scum but more often result in lynching townies or scum making up reason to push suspicion onto townies.
looks like a Sorsha defense to me.

Doesn't these highlights contradict each other? You say you want more information for your read of Matt F, but you previously stated that the only thing you would get out of it was a Matt F clear. Is that your goal for voting Sorsha today? A Matt F clear?

Don't make no sense, no no no...

Wilgy runs over to Fuzz. Tackles him and shows him affection of all sorts. "It's not gay if we have a good laugh." Fuzz thinks to himself. What he doesn't expect, is that Wilgy is harvesting his DNA behind his back!

Fuzz, you read me better than anyone else here. What do you think of me currently. I noticed your intrigue in Bcornett's suspicion.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:But, I don't want to fight you. I have no reason to. I will respond to this, though.

What did you initially see in LC's case against Mac that you liked which was negated by your own investigations of Mac?
I can't remember. Don't really feel like going back to look. I'll take your vote that you so eagerly have given me when it wasn't even for the response I gave you. I can see I'm not going to win your favor, so I don't care to try for it anymore. I hope others form their own opinions of me instead of blindly following you.

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:I can't remember. Don't really feel like going back to look. I'll take your vote that you so eagerly have given me when it wasn't even for the response I gave you. I can see I'm not going to win your favor, so I don't care to try for it anymore. I hope others form their own opinions of me instead of blindly following you.
I'm asking you questions for the single purpose of giving you a fair chance. If you refuse to answer them then you're giving yourself no chance.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Roxy wrote:No.

Wilgy, walks upto Roxy and gives her a hug.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Elohcin »

Matt F wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Matt F wrote:
Golden wrote:It's completely possible he is part of the scum team, but I won't leave someone new out in the cold in case they are really struggling.
I hear that. On Day 0 or Day 1, I would've been right there with you.

But on Day 4...after voting several times...after "having the gist of it" in pre-game...

:ponder:

At the same time, I don't want to railroad a new guy if he is being genuine. Weird, though.
I'm more inclined to believe he is a lost civvie. I feel if he was on a Mafia team he would have some peeps to talk him through it.
If Floyd was on my Mafia team, and he had been rarely posting but making votes without explanation, I would absolutely tell him to start asking questions in thread to avoid suspicion.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I was taught this in my first game ever (I was Mafia my first game).

Does anyone agree this is possible?

(expecting Roxy to vote me again for questioning the new guy) :P
I definitely see where you are coming from. I can get behind a Floyd vote. Is Sorsha still under your radar as well, Matt?

BTW, make haste with the laughter. Remember all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:I can't remember. Don't really feel like going back to look. I'll take your vote that you so eagerly have given me when it wasn't even for the response I gave you. I can see I'm not going to win your favor, so I don't care to try for it anymore. I hope others form their own opinions of me instead of blindly following you.
I'm asking you questions for the single purpose of giving you a fair chance. If you refuse to answer them then you're giving yourself no chance.
Well, let me ask you a question, then. What part of my other response made you place your vote?

RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 210

Post by RadicalFuzz »

I'm not sure, myself. You play strangely on Syndicate, I'm only used to your JTM (and Avalon) antics.

bcornett, can you elaborate on why you put Wilgy in "probably scum"?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

I can't remember. Don't really feel like going back to look. I'll take your vote that you so eagerly have given me when it wasn't even for the response I gave you. I can see I'm not going to win your favor, so I don't care to try for it anymore. I hope others form their own opinions of me instead of blindly following you.
This post, in addition to your apparent refusal to give actual reads on the Doctor and MM, seriously makes me think about switching up my vote from Sorsha today.
Image Image Image Image
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 30

Post by fingersplints »

Matt F wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Matt F wrote:
fingersplints wrote:I need to look back and find out why Roxy voted Matt f. Looking at who is killed I am fairly confident she is a civvie. With how she is (perhaps I should say how we are lol) about new/returning players there is no way she is involved in any of those kills.
1) Are you saying in a Mafia with 7 players, only Roxy is able to decide who to kill?

2) I'm a returning player after missing Mafia for two years, and Roxy has been voting me the entire game, so your point is null and void.
Watch out splints or he wil call you baddie bc you are trying to stick up for my game style. :rolleyes:
Btw, depending on her answers to my questions up here, I just might. :beer:

Linki - Wow, you really don't like me, do you, Roxy? Take a breath, girl.

Roxy - Since you brought this up, what is your read on splints so far? Do you agree with her assessment that you would never ever in a million years try to get rid of returning players, despite voting for me the last several lynches? Do you agree that on a Mafia with 7 players, only you are able to decide who to kill?

Please, take your time, but I'd like you to answer these questions.
Where the fuck did I say she would never in a million years vote to lynch someone new? No I said she wouldn't have killed them. And yes, other members would have a say but in the years I have been playing I have never seen a Mafia team refuse someone's request and kill someone they would have that big of an issue with being killed that early. And kitty being killed N1??!! No way. Rox is not on that team

Twisting my words. Yup I see why she thinks you are bad ;)
Gro-oo-ovy
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Well, let me ask you a question, then. What part of my other response made you place your vote?
You're currently my top suspect. It's a wasted opportunity to place no vote right now in a game with infinite vote changes. So I placed mine.

Your response to Choutas just prior to my vote was irrelevant to my vote.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Now answer my question, Devin. "I don't feel like looking for it" is not good enough.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Elohcin wrote:I definitely see where you are coming from. I can get behind a Floyd vote. Is Sorsha still under your radar as well, Matt?

BTW, make haste with the laughter. Remember all work and no play makes jack a dull boy.
Yes, but not because of my initial suspicion of both you and her. I believe it's entirely possible she voted every option you did in Day 0 as a "just in case I get lynched, they can see who I voted with", her connections to Long Con, her NOU to me, her initial responses to being voted for on Day 2 (I believe?)...just a lot of stuff there.

Elohcin, old people at weddings always poke me and say "You're next". So I started doing the same to them at funerals. :haha:
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

RadicalFuzz wrote:I'm not sure, myself. You play strangely on Syndicate, I'm only used to your JTM (and Avalon) antics.

Thought you would say that. Regardless of your alignment, you know I play better with you pushing me. Don't let me miss those techs and punishes Fuzz.
Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Again with the twisting of words thing. Oh my. :rolleyes:

Vote me then, splints. :clap:
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TheFloyd73, why have you voted for thellama73?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Matt F wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

This post, in addition to your apparent refusal to give actual reads on the Doctor and MM, seriously makes me think about switching up my vote from Sorsha today.
Refusal to give reads? Don't make it look worse than it is. I answered your question, which was why did I vote for them on Day zero. At least that's how I read your question.
As for my reads on them, I don't have a read on either of them. I've been focused on the whole Sorsha, Golden, and JJJ thing that I haven't given much (if any) thought to those 2.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
You're currently my top suspect. It's a wasted opportunity to place no vote right now in a game with infinite vote changes. So I placed mine.

Your response to Choutas just prior to my vote was irrelevant to my vote.
Thank you for clarifying.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Now answer my question, Devin. "I don't feel like looking for it" is not good enough.
Fair enough. Be right back. Hopefully I can give you an answer that is good enough.

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

No Dev, you told me why you voted for them, not what your read was. I asked you what your read was on them. Maybe you can join Roxy and Splints and say I'm twisting your words. :rolleyes:
Image Image Image Image
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

DrWilgy wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:I'm not sure, myself. You play strangely on Syndicate, I'm only used to your JTM (and Avalon) antics.

Thought you would say that. Regardless of your alignment, you know I play better with you pushing me. Don't let me miss those techs and punishes Fuzz.
Our definitions of "pushing" are slightly different, but I agree that we play off each other extremely well. Unfortunately that obviously applies when we're on different teams, but c'est la vie.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Matt F wrote:No Dev, you told me why you voted for them, not what your read was. I asked you what your read was on them. Maybe you can join Roxy and Splints and say I'm twisting your words. :rolleyes:
Isn't that what I just said? Didn't I just say that I misread your question? I'm not going to say that you're twisting my words. I misread yours.

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Matt F wrote:Again with the twisting of words thing. Oh my. :rolleyes:

What would you call it then? I say that Roxy wouldn't have been involved in those nightkills of players, and you say that is false because she has been voting to lynch you. Sounds twisted to me.

Don't tempt me. I'm easy to rile up and will vote for you if I am. Right now I'd rather keep working on catching up.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:TheFloyd73, why have you voted for thellama73?
rude. ;( I don't see any votes for llamasplints though. :llama:
Gro-oo-ovy
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

fingersplints wrote:
Sorry, I forgot he was who you'd replaced. :blush:

Now he moved it to Elohcin. What are you doing Floyd? Talk to me, boy!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

fingersplints wrote:

What would you call it then? I say that Roxy wouldn't have been involved in those nightkills of players, and you say that is false because she has been voting to lynch you. Sounds twisted to me.

Don't tempt me. I'm easy to rile up and will vote for you if I am. Right now I'd rather keep working on catching up.
You said she wouldn't kill new/returning players, and I told you how she's been trying to kill me all game. Now, if you meant she wouldn't nightkill, fine, then say that. You simply said "kill". Voting to lynch someone is an attempt to kill them from the game.

I'd rather not tempt you. However, I don't agree that Roxy would be the President of Team Mafia and if she didn't want to kill someone, the other six players would have to oblige. I don't see it that way.

Please, if you think I'm bad, I'd appreciate it if you would give me a full read first. You may think the same way, but that is far better you thinking I'm bad for a few short convos with Roxy.

Enjoy your catch up.
Image Image Image Image
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Matt F wrote:
fingersplints wrote:

You said she wouldn't kill new/returning players, and I told you how she's been trying to kill me all game. Now, if you meant she wouldn't nightkill, fine, then say that. You simply said "kill". Voting to lynch someone is an attempt to kill them from the game.

I'd rather not tempt you. However, I don't agree that Roxy would be the President of Team Mafia and if she didn't want to kill someone, the other six players would have to oblige. I don't see it that way.

Please, if you think I'm bad, I'd appreciate it if you would give me a full read first. You may think the same way, but that is far better you thinking I'm bad for a few short convos with Roxy.

Enjoy your catch up.
That's actually not what I said. I never said she wouldn't vote new or returning players. She would if she found them suspicious. I said:
Let's pretend for a minute that when someone talks about who is being killed in this context it means who was lynched (which I don't think makes sense at all, but whatever), it is painfully obvious I wasn't talking about lynched players. The players who were lynched are bwt, Long Con, and bea. All veteran players Rox has been played with regularly.

I don't think you are bad for a few short convos with Roxy. I think you are bad by how you are misrepresenting what I said here.
Gro-oo-ovy
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 221

Post by Golden »

I think that all civilian people from TS should follow me on to a vote. Force the scum TS people to follow on there as well, so as to not stick out.

Just my two cents, you guys can debate and decide if this is the right thing to do or not. I'm not going to push it, but I think as a theory it works well. There are good reasons why I think it works well, but I'll let you guys think about that.

Then, of course, you can vote somewhere else after... I'm not saying everyone should lynch Bullz.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
Sorry, I forgot he was who you'd replaced. :blush:

Now he moved it to Elohcin. What are you doing Floyd? Talk to me, boy!
I was jokingly calling TheFloyd73 rude. :) (or at least the action of voting me without saying anything...) I haven't gotten a chance to really look at the role list. Do we have a silencer? that's the only think i canthink of for why someone would jump around without saying anything. Especially after MP reminded to bold votes.
Gro-oo-ovy
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

@Wilgy & J3:
What was your opinion of Reywas before he had to take his leave?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Bullzeye »

Golden wrote:I think that all civilian people from TS should follow me on to a vote. Force the scum TS people to follow on there as well, so as to not stick out.

Just my two cents, you guys can debate and decide if this is the right thing to do or not. I'm not going to push it, but I think as a theory it works well. There are good reasons why I think it works well, but I'll let you guys think about that.

Then, of course, you can vote somewhere else after... I'm not saying everyone should lynch Bullz.
You literally did say everyone should lynch me in the very first sentence of the post where you encouraged everyone to follow your vote. You also ignored my post from last night where I responded all your points against me. I'm not even going against you, I just have an opinion that you don't like.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I did not say that, literally or figuratively or any other way.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Also:
Bullzeye wrote:I'm not even going against you.
How is that in any way relevant to my suspicion of you? I don't just suspect people because they 'go after me'.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Golden wrote:Also:
Bullzeye wrote:I'm not even going against you.
How is that in any way relevant to my suspicion of you? I don't just suspect people because they 'go after me'.
Your 'suspicion' of me is based on the idea I've been devoting a lot of effort towards trying to discredit you. Therefore you do suspect me for going after me. I also don't see how encouraging everyone from TS to follow your vote, which happens to be on me, isn't encouraging everyone to lynch me.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

EBWOP: suspect me for going after you* I'm tired.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

RadicalFuzz wrote:@Wilgy & J3:
Wallflower
Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Well, I'm certainly feeling better about Golden. Sorry for the previous Day's vote. But you were asking for it ;) Anything I can clear up for you? I see I'm in your top 3 :)

I'm going back to voting for Sorsha. Because, reasons.
I need to look into you a bit more, Devin. But, I'm inclined to think that someone who associated behaviour with their own civ game are less likely to suddenly vote for the person showing that behaviour. It felt like a major turn around for me, that you went from saying my behaviour reminded you of yourself as a civ, to voting for me. Can you explain how your thinking process on me changed to the point that you soured on seeing the behaviour as civ?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Splints - I see what you mean now referring to night kills. M'bad, as Roxy said, I don't know how to read. :beer:

I strongly encourage you to read me all the way through before making any conclusions, though.
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Bullzeye wrote:I also don't see how encouraging everyone from TS to follow your vote, which happens to be on me, isn't encouraging everyone to lynch me.
Golden wrote:Then, of course, you can vote somewhere else after... I'm not saying everyone should lynch Bullz.
It's really not difficult to see, bullz. My vote could be literally anywhere right now, I don't care who it is on, it makes no odds to my suggestion. Would you like me to move it somewhere else for the purposes of executing this? Happy to do so. What do you think about what I said if the vote is not on you. My point had nothing to do with following me on to a person because they suspect them. I think even someone who knew, 100%, that you are civ should follow me. I think even you should follow me, I think it is in your interests to do so, although obviously I need to shift my vote elsewhere for you to do so.

Then, people should vote for who they actually want to vote for afterwards.

It's really not that hard.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

I'm not sure if I'm going to have the time I thought I would to ISO everyone today, but this is what I had from last night.

I'm also fully aware of the 5 players I posted on, 3 of them I've already called scum, so I'm obviously gonna be wrong in a few places.

When I get time, I'll go forward on my read through...

bcornett24 - Day 1 votes BWT which was a civvie lynch. Day 2 votes Long Con which was a baddie lynch. Dusk 0 asks very strange question about whether or not the poll is a lynch poll. If you read the opening post by MP, nowhere anywhere does it state as such, so wondering why he asked this. Votes Devin and RDW Dusk 0 for CEO. At one point, semi-complains about 200 posts he has to read, then two hours later, claims he hasn't said much because "most players aren't playing". Gives a detailed reason why he votes for BWT day 1. On day 2 says he refuses to read the 50 posts since he was last here. At the end of Day 2, asks if we are allowed to post in night phase. To be fair, a few posts before this, he says he hasn't been around for two days (which time stamps prove true), so maybe he really didn't know, seeing as how he missed Night 1 completely. RBZ at one point says he is glad bcornett was not lynched. Continues to bring up length of thread and seems genuinely annoyed (although that could be true whether he's civ or mafia). Overall gut check - CIVVIE

Black Rock/AceofSpaces/TinyBubbles - Day 1, Aces (who replaced a non-playing Bubbles) only posts twice, all of his posts in the game, and votes RussT based on something MacDougal said. I personally believe RussT is anti-mafia. Black Rock replaces Aces, refuses to vote Day 2 because she just replaced, though it's important to note Long Con was lynched this day, a Mafioso. Also, it's been awhile so correct me if I'm wrong, but Long Con and Black Rock are together, right? If Black Rock replaced in, is it possible she knew Long Con's role before she entered the game, and if that's the case, does that mean she had no choice but to replace a Mafioso? Of course, I'm willing to bet since these two have been playing for years, they probably don't reveal themselves to each other even if the other isn't playing, in case of replacement. Either way, my tangent here has nothing to do with her gameplay, so I'm not considering that. Hmmm. When I make mention that Llama has suddenly gotten four lynch votes in a row, and I mention that bcornett and Long Con were in the lead before this, BR lets me know that "bcornett was in the lead when I got here". Funny she's willing to help point me in that direction, yet refuses to vote in the lynch poll herself. Goes after civvie Elohcin for not reading the rules. Doesn't want to play JJJ's speed G2H game. Believes Floyd is a lost civvie, and looks to have gotten a punishment from Golden. Overall gut check - SCUM

Bullzeye/sanmateo - san mateo doesn't play. Bullz replaces, randoms MetalMarsh Day 2, avoiding Long Con lynch in the process. Votes RussT Day 3, who I personally believe to be anti-Mafia. The running theme continues with Bullz getting annoyed at the thread length lol. Defends me against Sorsha, thanks Bullz. It's important to note that he randoms MM on Day 2, but then 12 hours later, seems to know exactly what's going on in the thread. Hmmm. Talks about the SK, which he does with me later. Weird, but considering sanmateo didn't even play and the SK killed Night 1, I doubt Bullz is purposely discussing his own role in thread like this. Votes Sorsha (good job Bullz), hours later unvotes Sorsha (bad bullz). Bullz makes a VERY curious post, saying he doesn't think Golden is bad, but "won't take his bait" by voting for him. If you think he's civvie, why not help out his cause, bullz (and don't answer because Bea a civ was killed, this happened before the lynch result)? Woop, Golden asks Bullz the same question. Votes RussT (bad bullz!). Calls Golden a civvie but says he won't go along with Golden rest of game. Talks about the SK some more. Overall gut check - SCUM

Choutas - I see on Day 2, Choutas was the first to vote for Long Con on the day he was lynched. It's late and I have 20+ players left to go...based on this, overall gut check - CIVVIE

Devin the Omniscient - Votes Diiny Day 1 and 2, votes Golden Day 3. Important to note, votes Diiny the first two days because of Diiny not being comfortable with Roxy's playstyle. Likes LC's points on MacDougall, later takes it back. Doesn't get RDW's funny vote on him. Defends LC's bea ploy. Like Bullz, votes Sorsha early, pulls it off later. Doesn't want to play JJJ's speed game. Something very crazy here...in Dusk 0, votes for MM and Dr Wilgy for assistant CEO's. In every single post of his since, there is no mention of either of them anywhere. You'd think he'd have some sort of interaction and/or read on one of them considering he found them good CEO material. Overall gut check - SCUM

I'll do some more later.
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Golden wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I also don't see how encouraging everyone from TS to follow your vote, which happens to be on me, isn't encouraging everyone to lynch me.
Golden wrote:Then, of course, you can vote somewhere else after... I'm not saying everyone should lynch Bullz.
It's really not difficult to see, bullz. My vote could be literally anywhere right now, I don't care who it is on, it makes no odds to my suggestion. Would you like me to move it somewhere else for the purposes of executing this? Happy to do so. What do you think about what I said if the vote is not on you. My point had nothing to do with following me on to a person because they suspect them. I think even someone who knew, 100%, that you are civ should follow me. I think even you should follow me, I think it is in your interests to do so, although obviously I need to shift my vote elsewhere for you to do so.

Then, people should vote for who they actually want to vote for afterwards.

It's really not that hard.
I don't think that will accomplish anything. If someone follows and then un-follows your vote, does that even count? I don't know if it would.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

RadicalFuzz wrote:@Wilgy & J3:
My opinion didn't exist. There wasn't enough content.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Re: [DAY 1] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Draconus »

Long Con wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Can I point out that there is a player out there with this scum role.

"(Nothing But) Flowers – Can't get used to the lifestyle brought about by the new players. Its vote is worth x3 against players from the opposite forum. It cannot be harmed by night powers used by players from the same forum. If it carries out the kill, it cannot kill players from the same forum."

I would assume that the votes are going to magically appear at the end of the lynch (mod feel free to clarify). So who we think we are lynching may not end up being that person. If we can largely agree on a lynch candidate it's probably a good idea to ensure that everyone else is far enough back from them to not be able to change the lynch. I would also say it's unlikely the person is going to use this role so early unless we have a scum candidate because it'll just give us a pile of people to choose a lynch candidate from tomorrow. But if I were using this role, I'd make sure that I voted for someone on a vote that was full of townies so that the pile is diluted. I expect this will turn out to be a very dangerous role and I expect it will end up being a huge advantage to scum. Think about it, how are we going to lynch this person in particular unless they are so far ahead on the lynch tally that they can't protect themselves by voting on the second highest tally?
1. Best place to hide is in plain sight. The ones who are most aware of this role are the role and their teammates.

2. Your "solution" to this role is to pile lots of votes on one person so this role cannot alter a lynch. To me, this is exactly what this role wants, in order to hide out. The last thing this role wants is to be the triple-vote that changes the fate of a lynch - at least, not until much later in the game. I would love to see a lynch where the second-most vote-getter gets lynched unexpectedly, because that would reveal (Nothing But) Flowers and we would have a short list of people it could be.

So you're one of the more suspicious people on my radar right now.
That actually makes me a little wary of Diiny, who pointed out that they are just voting for BWT to save himself. But I do doubt that he'd be so blatant if he was that scum role now that I think about it.

:eye: Ok... so why did you write these two sentences at all?
I'm also starting to think we should lynch a lurker here. The two players on the top of the lynch pile are both very active, so if they are scum it's likely to become more apparent over time. Whereas if we let the likes of the below players live, we're getting into the deeper game where it's harder to remove players for low content contributions and it becomes far easier for scum to coast through doing nothing.

devin (5 posts)
elohcin (6 posts, 2 of which were buddying me)
reywaS (1 post, and all it says is hello)
Russtifinko (1 post, and all it says is that they were posting to avoid being made a non participant)
RDW (4 posts though it is always like RDW that I remember to either post nothing or a lot, but still)
Strawhenge (4 posts)
TheFloyd73 (2 post, both of no value and is apparently already someone's "HUGE TOWN READ")

I say lynch one out of reywaS and Russtifinko. If you don't have a good gut feeling about who you currently have your vote on, put it on there and either force them to post or get rid of one of them otherwise we're inviting them to do this for the rest of the game.

Voting reywaS because their 1 post had less content than Russtifinko's did. :disappoint:
I guess you were right, we should have lynched someone who was not one of the top vote-getters. Should have gone for a lurker instead. Kind of makes me itch, though - maybe you knew you'd be right.
I'll use yellow, as well. The yellow is what intrigued me the most in LCs post. At the time, when I had read this post, I skipped over Mac's quoted posts and just read LCs. It intrigued me because, 1). I have talked about my own role a couple of times as a baddie. And 2). If he was going to suggest stacking votes onto 1 person each day phase to avoid this role's power just seemed like a scum trying to lead the lynches.
When I went back and read Mac's posts surrounding this, I was underwhelmed and unconvinced of what LC was saying about him. Mac's posts did not sound to me like he was trying to lead lynches against the civs. It was simply a gut read. That's it. Nothing more. Nothing less. The fact that I didn't catch on to what LC was doing here... Just bad on my part. I blame my tunnel vision on Diiny.

Linki: You got me Matt. I'm scum. Go right ahead and lynch me.

Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 286
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

Last night I typed up a big ol' case on JJJ, thought I hit Save Draft, but it turns out there's no trace of it at all.

:|

why

why computer

Anyway, literally dang. My overall feel of JJJ was pretty townish with a couple scum pings. But said scum pings are very similar to scum pings I've gotten from him in several past games where he wound up being town. As of now I'm at ★★★½ for him.
Literally just some fucking guy.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”