[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Re: [NIGHT 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by DrWilgy »

Don't worry about it if it will alter a healthy mindset.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 210

Re: [DAY 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by RadicalFuzz »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Mac, if you're confident all three are bad vote J3 with me.

By the way J3 I'm voting for you.
Can a man get a reason?
My home site, Jesus Toast Mafia, is named after a term we coined "Jesus Toast." It's seeing Christ on rye, so to speak, some big conspiracy that ties everything up in a neat little bow when there's really nothing there.

That's what I'm seeing with you. You're holding to your Long Con analyses, which are good sources of information, but seem to be almost ignoring new, relevant information. You're quick to call people town, which on its own isn't a bad thing, but it's off-putting for some reason I can't put my finger on. You play the cooperative townie, not confrontational but prodding with just enough frequency to get responses.

I know there's no fair defense to what mostly amounts to a gut feeling, and I apologize for that.
I'm not ignoring any new information, but you're right that I have focused a lot on my own workload. I didn't do all those analyses because I was bored, I did them because it allowed me to make substantive reads on nearly every player. I'm quite sure I wasn't right about everything, but I am confident enough in my skillset that I will trust my work until given a reason not to.

I think you need to reassess me though if you think I've been "not confrontational". I might not sound like a hyper-aggressive player because of the language I employ, but I have directly confronted so many people in this game on just about everything. I am highly confrontational.
"not confrontational" was admittedly a poor choice of words. I'm used to "confrontational" being equivalent to "tunneling on someone until they crack." Your tone is also less aggressive, almost sing-songy, than I usually equate with aggression, if that makes sense.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:ISO's are pretty ambitious too, but I know you encourage them.
Analyzing a single player is not as ambitious as building a theory about the entire mafia team, or even close. Not even analyzing every player is that ambitious, because those analyses are all independent of one another. That's the only way to keep them decently objective.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Also, rainbow lists are going to have 6 players at the bottom who are the scummiest reads. It's not a whole lot different than naming six players you think are on a team together.
It's very different. If I were to make a rainbow list right now with 6 players in the red zone, I would not be asserting that those 6 players comprise the baddie team. I'd be saying that they are the 6 most suspicious players in the game to me independent of one another.

This is why you'll see no multi-baddie theories in my massive post history apart from those which can be derived from the confirmed baddie: Long Con.
Which do you think we will benefit more from?
  • 1) Every player executes the same strategy to hunt for baddies.
    2) Every player uses their own preferred method to hunt for baddies.
I know if you asked for GTH reads, you would expect other players to go along with it. However, DrWilgy proposed another strategy that asked for input from other players. You said that it is an ambitious and difficult process, but not necessarily a strategy that doesn't work.

I think it is a viable strategy, especially if it is one that some player is used to abiding by. It's not one I'm used to using, but I don't think we should discount it as a result.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 314
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:I'd like to ask the Hosts what RDW's status is and what's in store for him, it's a week since he last posted, so way beyond the 72-hour grace period.
He will be modkilled in the Night 4 post if he does not post once before that time.

I've been more hesitant to modkill players in this game due to the crossover nature, especially RYM players, but that changes henceforth. :feb:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

What if someone told rdw I was a gazelle?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Don't forget that PMs are due within 23 hours of the Day 4 host post.

We are keeping the PM submission time 23 hours to give us that 1 hour buffer so that the EoD time does not shift significantly going forward.

That means you must have your PM sent to me and Sloonei by today, October 14th at 7:06PM Eastern.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 30

Post by fingersplints »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
fingersplints wrote:Sorry for missing the vote. I had no idea who to vote for, no one even tried to summarise, and it's honestly unlikely I will ever catch up since there are 76 pages. I regret agreeing to replace into this game before checking the thread. I won't make that mistake ever again
Sometimes a fresh mindset is a good thing. You don't necessarily have to catch up with this entire thread. You can just read it as it comes to you starting now and share your perspectives starting now. If by chance you make an assertion that is contrary to thread evidence, I am sure someone will say so and you can go from there.
I don't have many thoughts right now. Roxy is still the person i trust the most. I don't expect you all the believe my reads off her, but I know Roxy, and she is a civ. I feel alright about you, and I think I feel ok about Elo, but I am not that really confident about that one. It's mostly a gut read off how I think a baddie vs civvie Elo would act in a game of this size.

I think that the votes look like there could have been a save for Devin. (Particularly the last three guys at the end there - but I haven't read them this is off vote timing).
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:Sorry for missing the vote. I had no idea who to vote for, no one even tried to summarise, and it's honestly unlikely I will ever catch up since there are 76 pages. I regret agreeing to replace into this game before checking the thread. I won't make that mistake ever again
I pity you for missing the vote.
Should I be worried? :scared: :puppy:
Gro-oo-ovy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

You know what? I've been way too nice this game. It's Night 4 now. I'm tired of being nice. If any of you have hated your punishments for missing the vote or Night PMs thus far, then definitely do not miss future votes or Night PMs. Consider this your last official warning. :feb:

With that said, I'm glad to hear positive feedback that I have heard so far about your enjoyment. Sloonei and I do hope you all have been enjoying the game. And to those of you who were enjoying the game and are now dead, as well as those of you watching from the sidelines, I hope you've been enjoying The Syndicate's first ever spectator chat. Shout out to my awesome spectator regulars. :guitar:
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 140

Post by bcornett24 »

MacDougall wrote:
bcornett24 wrote:I have had very bad luck with allergies the last two weeks, I logged in to see the results earlier and logged off. To exhausted to focus. I'm about to head to bed.

Mac you better be finding me those bread crumbs you promised or the 10-11 points of why you are a civ.

So many Scum reads to make tomorrow so little time.
Lol such a scummy thing to scum.

Also I won't be doing either of those things on account of you asking like a douche.
Phone mafia!

Not douchy, just direct.

How is that scummy, you said there would be a bread crumb trail if sorsha was lynched? I am eager to see what it is.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Post by Draconus »

fingersplints wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sometimes a fresh mindset is a good thing. You don't necessarily have to catch up with this entire thread. You can just read it as it comes to you starting now and share your perspectives starting now. If by chance you make an assertion that is contrary to thread evidence, I am sure someone will say so and you can go from there.
I don't have many thoughts right now. Roxy is still the person i trust the most. I don't expect you all the believe my reads off her, but I know Roxy, and she is a civ. I feel alright about you, and I think I feel ok about Elo, but I am not that really confident about that one. It's mostly a gut read off how I think a baddie vs civvie Elo would act in a game of this size.

I think that the votes look like there could have been a save for Devin. (Particularly the last three guys at the end there - but I haven't read them this is off vote timing).
With a 1 vote difference it certainly looks that way, doesn't it? That's too easy.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Re: [DAY 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Draconus »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Diiny wrote:yeah, this isn't informed but I don't want to get penalised. Golden because he's obviously scum guys
Diiny, you're a demanding townie. You expect things out of people and try to get things from them when at first they don't supply them. This voting methodology is so... timid. Even if you hadn't managed to catch up with the entire game, you have had plenty of time as an active contributor to get some kind of feeling at least on Devin and Sorsha. You failed to place a relevant vote in a very important spot and that I really don't think town Diiny lets that happen.
Sooooo you planning on voting for me again? Or are you starting to see what I was seeing in Diiny?

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Shuck it. I'm voting bcornett from here on out until he's dead.

Unless it's abso abso absolutely needed that I vote elsewhere.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

With a 1 vote difference it certainly looks that way, doesn't it? That's too easy.
Sometimes the easy answer is right one. :shrug:
Gro-oo-ovy
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Choutas »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Don't forget that PMs are due within 23 hours of the Day 4 host post.

We are keeping the PM submission time 23 hours to give us that 1 hour buffer so that the EoD time does not shift significantly going forward.

That means you must have your PM sent to me and Sloonei by today, October 14th at 7:06PM Eastern.
Tbh you've waited long enough. Especially the guy who's been AWOL the last week needs to die a gruesome death.

I have 9 pages to catch up. I promise to try and invest myself on day 5. Pinky promise.
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Choutas »

DrWilgy wrote:Shuck it. I'm voting bcornett from here on out until he's dead.

Unless it's abso abso absolutely needed that I vote elsewhere.
Isn't your job as a doctor to keep others alive? Or are you the type that fudges surgeries?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

fingersplints wrote:
fingersplints wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Sometimes the easy answer is right one. :shrug:
I get that. I'm just frustrated. Not trying to attack you directly.

Marmot
Marmot

Re: [DAY 2] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:Good afternoon everyone. My name is DrWilgy, and I am most definitely not a doctor.

I'm sorry for not being active the past days. My midterms will be half complete tomorrow afternoon, and I plan to catch up after that.
DrWilgy is most definitely not a doctor.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

He frequently says "I am most definitely not a doctor" and "I am most definitely a doctor" interchangeably.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

RadicalFuzz wrote:He frequently says "I am most definitely not a doctor" and "I am most definitely a doctor" interchangeably.
You are most definitely incorrect.

You are most definitely correct.

What do you think about DrWilgy making interchangeable reverse statements?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
  • 1) Every player executes the same strategy to hunt for baddies.
    2) Every player uses their own preferred method to hunt for baddies.
I know if you asked for GTH reads, you would expect other players to go along with it. However, DrWilgy proposed another strategy that asked for input from other players. You said that it is an ambitious and difficult process, but not necessarily a strategy that doesn't work.

I think it is a viable strategy, especially if it is one that some player is used to abiding by. It's not one I'm used to using, but I don't think we should discount it as a result.
I certainly don't mean to discourage DrWilgy from playing out what he has in mind. I am down for any new strategy and encourage everyone to do their work in a way that's comfortable for them.

I only meant to illustrate that I'm not the best person for this experiment because it's pretty distant from my standard baddie hunting mindset.

Doc, when I get home I'll give you some names.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Here's a view of Day 4's lynch with the two main players involved at the forefront.
Devin the Omniscient
bcornett24 (15), Sorsha (16), JaggedJimmyJay (22), Bullzeye (23), Black Rock (25), Ricochet (26), Golden (27), DrWilgy (31), Epignosis (33) 27%

Sorsha
Choutas (6), seaside (8), Devin the Omniscient (9), Strawhenge (11), motel room (17), Matt F (20), Elohcin (24), MacDougall (28), espers (29), Russtifinko (30) 30%
My question to any player pointing the Day 4 lynch out as a save: Why could it be a save?

Sorsha led the lynch 4-0, 6-2, and 10-7. It was tied at one point at 7-7, but at no point did Devin lead the lynch (unless someone had switched their vote from one to the other, which I have not looked into yet). If this was a save attempt, MacDougall, espers, and Russtinfinko look the worst for their votes.

Looking back Bullzeye is the only one who pointed out "save attempt". But he mentioned no names to be doing the saving.

Also, I do not forgive him for voting for me on Day 3.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

EBWOP: Day 2, not Day 3.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Russtifinko is still high on my suspect list (which is a pretty dismal list tbh). I believe his very first comment of the game was something that stemmed from a BTSC conversation.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Bullzeye »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Here's a view of Day 4's lynch with the two main players involved at the forefront.
Devin the Omniscient
bcornett24 (15), Sorsha (16), JaggedJimmyJay (22), Bullzeye (23), Black Rock (25), Ricochet (26), Golden (27), DrWilgy (31), Epignosis (33) 27%

Sorsha
Choutas (6), seaside (8), Devin the Omniscient (9), Strawhenge (11), motel room (17), Matt F (20), Elohcin (24), MacDougall (28), espers (29), Russtifinko (30) 30%
My question to any player pointing the Day 4 lynch out as a save: Why could it be a save?

Sorsha led the lynch 4-0, 6-2, and 10-7. It was tied at one point at 7-7, but at no point did Devin lead the lynch (unless someone had switched their vote from one to the other, which I have not looked into yet). If this was a save attempt, MacDougall, espers, and Russtinfinko look the worst for their votes.

Looking back Bullzeye is the only one who pointed out "save attempt". But he mentioned no names to be doing the saving.

Did I not mention Russ like 3 times? Also I thought it had been tied at 9-9 with Russ breaking the tie, but I was tired and misremembering. The reason I think the lynch looks shifty is that every time Devin got near Sorsha's vote count, Sorsha got a bunch more votes to keep her ahead. Obviously not all of these could have come from baddies, but it looks odd to me. Specifically Sorsha's final three votes which all came in one string to keep her ahead. I've said that already as well, I'm pretty sure.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Russtifinko is still high on my suspect list (which is a pretty dismal list tbh). I believe his very first comment of the game was something that stemmed from a BTSC conversation.
I just looked up Russti's first post, I'm not seeing what you mean here. Contact from the host = baddie indicator?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Here's a view of Day 4's lynch with the two main players involved at the forefront.
Devin the Omniscient

Sorsha

This is WIFOM for everyone else, but I can say with 100% certainty that there was no save attempt. No point for one. As I typed that out I remembered that Epi's vote on me was a save attempt for Sorsha. So let me clarify. There was no save attempt for my life. No point.

Linki: None of the final 3 votes will make them look bad once I am revealed. Just sayin'.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I haven't gotten the chance to look at Devin. Is there any case or points you can point me to that would explain his 9 votes from Day 4?

The other part of the lynch being a possible "save" hinges on Devin being bad. I still have not read everything that has happened in this thread, and I don't know if I will, so some assistance would be welcome.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Bullzeye wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Russtifinko is still high on my suspect list (which is a pretty dismal list tbh). I believe his very first comment of the game was something that stemmed from a BTSC conversation.
I just looked up Russti's first post, I'm not seeing what you mean here. Contact from the host = baddie indicator?
Russtifinko said this.
Russtifinko wrote:Posting because the host tells me I will be a non-participant if I don't. :sigh:

I will read up throughout today and try to say something intelligent.
I don't see that discussion happening via PM. I believe it is something that stemmed from a chatroom discussion.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey Devin, who else do you suspect beyond Diiny?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Also, Russtifinko eyed Long Con for waffling early on Day 2, but was still the last player to vote on his lynch, at a point when Long Con was up 7-4. Russtifinko never commented on any of the other Long Con suspicions. The suspicion looks forced.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Re: [DAY 1] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
bea wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Roxy wrote:Have I said
OT /OT
omg!!! jjj!!! more talking please!!!!!!!!! :D

Rox - yours was great, but nothing in comparision to you singing happy birthday to me. I listen to that shit like once a day. :D
Roxy sings happy birthday. I'd like to hear that.
I forgot to mention, Roxy sang happy birthday to me. It was one of the greatest things ever. :hug:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey Devin, who else do you suspect beyond Diiny?
Diiny is obviously my main suss now. Espers is my immediate second for reasons already stated by others. Bullzeye, Matt F, RDW, and Floyd are my other lesser pings. Bullzeye is pure metta. It feels like a repeat of his baddie style in recruitment (Tones and vibes). Matt F (More tones and vibes, man). I'll try to be more specific during the day phase.
Trying to get off work an hour early so I can start moving my larger furniture items into my new house. I have very limited time with the trailer that I'm borrowing.
Srs questions for you, JJJ: Do you think baddie rdw would be participating more? Seems unlikely that a scum would risk being mod-killed by the sock god.
What is your current view on Floyd? Do you think the "I don't know how to play" (act) is pure bologna to disguise the fact that he's on the baddie team? I was particularly pinged by his recent vote on Elo.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Hey Devin, who else do you suspect beyond Diiny?
Diiny is obviously my main suss now. Espers is my immediate second for reasons already stated by others. Bullzeye, Matt F, RDW, and Floyd are my other lesser pings. Bullzeye is pure metta. It feels like a repeat of his baddie style in recruitment (Tones and vibes). Matt F (More tones and vibes, man). I'll try to be more specific during the day phase.
Trying to get off work an hour early so I can start moving my larger furniture items into my new house. I have very limited time with the trailer that I'm borrowing.
Srs questions for you, JJJ: Do you think baddie rdw would be participating more? Seems unlikely that a scum would risk being mod-killed by the sock god.
What is your current view on Floyd? Do you think the "I don't know how to play" (act) is pure bologna to disguise the fact that he's on the baddie team? I was particularly pinged by his recent vote on Elo.
I expect rdw to contribute more. My experience with him is he posts aloe.

His non-participation may have nothing to do with his role though. I guess we may or may not find out depending if MP decides to reveal modkilled roles or not. :shrug2:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Browsing over posts right now, I have a bit to do after I complete my second job today.

Mafia to do list:
  • In-depth analysis of devin the omniscient
  • In-depth analysis of Mac
  • Bullzeye post review
  • Elo post review
  • Espers post review
If I missed anything or somebody has some questions please let me know.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

You're the first vote on my bandwagon, bcornett. Why did you think I was bad before?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I haven't gotten the chance to look at Devin. Is there any case or points you can point me to that would explain his 9 votes from Day 4?

The other part of the lynch being a possible "save" hinges on Devin being bad. I still have not read everything that has happened in this thread, and I don't know if I will, so some assistance would be welcome.
This was directed at Bullzeye, but any response from a Devin suspector is welcome.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:You're the first vote on my bandwagon, bcornett. Why did you think I was bad before?
Because almost all of your content up to that point was fluff. Not until after my vote, when jay started questioning you did you provide actual content. I have not yet taken a look at that, part of the to do list.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 48

Re: [DAY 3] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Black Rock »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
So here's my point: if I don't believe LC's "gambit" ever really even existed, then I am not going to attribute theories about his scum intentions to that gambit. That means I am not going to be more suspicious of Mac than I otherwise be because of the possibility that this was a cooperative plan from the start. I don't think this conversation happened in BTSC:

LC: Okay guys, I really need to focus on my other game. I know we just got started here and you're relying on me to contribute, but I gotta bail.

Mac or friends: Well... alright? That kind of sucks. Uh, I guess we better bus you then and make it look nice.

LC: Definitely. So here's the plan. I am going to go after bea for her defensive posts. But when I do: it's gonna be a bad look. I want one or more of you folks to come after me for it right away.

Mac: I'm on it!

LC: Great. But here's where it gets interesting: after you go after me, I'm going to say in the thread that the original case was just a test for reactions and try to gain back the credibility that you take away. I'm known for this kind of thing, it'll look fine.

Mac: Alright sweet. Tell you what, why don't we also argue in the thread about your Flowers role and how it might affect the game? So much WIFOM!!!

LC: Aw yeah, sick. Bro fist, bro.
The only problem I see with this scenario is that if LC ever said anything like that last line I would have to divorce him right away.

I also wanted you all to know that I deserve to die for failing my punishment. I'm an awful lady.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Re: [DUSK 0] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Epignosis »

bcornett24 wrote:I know nothing of the syndicate players , so I'm going to vote for Devin the omniscient because his name sounds like somebody who is of authority and rundontwalk because it would be chaotic.
Voted Devin for CEO.

This is becornett24's first actual mention of Devin:
bcornett24 wrote:
Matt F wrote:
bcornett24 wrote:
Matt F wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
bcornett24 wrote:Bullzeye
Diiny - something is off went from a
Sorsha - seems like scum but it also feels like she is being setup (this is a gut feeling)
Please finish your comment on Diiny.

I'm also curious how your read of Sorsha can be explained. Why does she seem like scum, and conversely why does it feel like a setup? That's an extremely important distinction and I think you need to pick a side immediately.
What he said about Sorsha.

So nobody else thinks it's odd about Devin not mentioning or speaking with EITHER of his CEO picks?

:rolleyes: @ Roxy's vote
Has he given opinions on either player at any point of time within the entire thread?
I read him last night, and if I'm correct, he has not mentioned them, he has not spoken with them, NOTHING.
He actually hasn't mentioned much of anything.
rundontwalk wrote:Devin the Omniscient

you should have seen this coming
Yours is possibly the first vote on me to every make me a little upset. How could I have possibly seen your vote coming? I don't know you and I don't know why you're voting for me. Explain now, please.
I saw this coming from a mile a way.

Devin the Omniscient

I have an actual reason though for voting for you. Admittedly, my content has been relatively useless up to this point, as I have just caught up reading all this stuff, you on the other hand have 50+ posts and almost all of it is nothing. This I find to be scummy as f...
Now this:
bcornett24 wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:You're the first vote on my bandwagon, bcornett. Why did you think I was bad before?
Because almost all of your content up to that point was fluff. Not until after my vote, when jay started questioning you did you provide actual content. I have not yet taken a look at that, part of the to do list.
So this guy votes someone, getting the train rolling, without even reading his responses? Even after helping lead a lynch against birdwithteeth? :|

It needs to be remembered that bcornett voted LC to save himself- he was under pressure from the thread then, but it seems like that pressure dissipated when Long Con was exposed. What I'm saying is that Day 2 could have been Mafia either way, and that shouldn't be forgotten.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

@Epi I read his content, everything he had posted up until the time he had voted. His content came after I had cased my vote and left. I skimmed over his replays to Jay before the day ended and I did not find the responses to be sufficient to make up for the first 3 days worth of fluff.

He has posted more since, I would like to examine how cohesive it is.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I haven't gotten the chance to look at Devin. Is there any case or points you can point me to that would explain his 9 votes from Day 4?

This was directed at Bullzeye, but any response from a Devin suspector is welcome.
Well Devin wasn't my strongest suspect. While I did suspect him, the main reason I voted for him was because once she got past the defeatism I felt Sorsha came off very genuine in her defences and had begun to feel quite good about her overall, so didn't think she should be lynched. I felt a Devin lynch was more worthwhile, and more feasible than lynching anyone else I'd thought of (i.e. Russ, I think my only supporter in that case was poor FZ).

As to why exactly I did suspect Devin: There was his blendiness around the LC lynch which has been pointed out a few times as a possible connector between the two of them. I think blendy in general would be a fair description - his posts also have quite a bit of fluff to them, I find. Not to mention, up until naming a few suspects tonight he doesn't ever do very much in the way of discussing his suspicions or adding to existing debates on people. When I look at his posts I feel what SVS was saying about me in Recruitment - he has a fairly solid amount of posts for having given such a small amount of opinions.

You were his teammate in Recruitment, so I'd be interested in your perspective when you get the chance to give him a proper look over.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Epignosis wrote: So this guy votes someone, getting the train rolling, without even reading his responses? Even after helping lead a lynch against birdwithteeth? :|

It needs to be remembered that bcornett voted LC to save himself- he was under pressure from the thread then, but it seems like that pressure dissipated when Long Con was exposed. What I'm saying is that Day 2 could have been Mafia either way, and that shouldn't be forgotten.
I have fairly bad vibes about BCornett myself tbh, but I feel like my reasoning will be immediately 'discredited' if I share it. It's a card I'm keeping close to my chest until I have more solid reasons to support it, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to voting for him.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

XD
bcornett24 wrote:Browsing over posts right now, I have a bit to do after I complete my second job today.

Mafia to do list:
  • Bullzeye post review
  • Elo post review
  • Espers post review

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
:omg: :omg: :omg:

I just lost my shit. I actually screamed when I read this.

Someone cool me down! Im seeing red!!
Image Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Yeah, Epi. I am not at all satisfied with bcornett's response. :suspish:

TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

DrWilgy wrote:XD
bcornett24 wrote:Browsing over posts right now, I have a bit to do after I complete my second job today.

Mafia to do list:
  • Bullzeye post review
  • Elo post review
  • Espers post review

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
:omg: :omg: :omg:

I just lost my shit. I actually screamed when I read this.

Someone cool me down! Im seeing red!!
*fans Wilgy* Does anyone else need my services?
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:He frequently says "I am most definitely not a doctor" and "I am most definitely a doctor" interchangeably.
You are most definitely incorrect.

You are most definitely correct.

What do you think about DrWilgy making interchangeable reverse statements?
The "interchangeable reverse statements" only include those fluff "I am most definitely (not) a doctor" so I don't care about them either way. I don't care what his fun fluff looks like, it's fun fluff and irrelevant.
seaside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 137

Post by seaside »

I say we all lynch diiny personally
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 60
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

I think if you want to lynch an actual baddie - you all need to step back and throw aside all your previous suspicions and who you are listening to/trusting and start completely over.

Golden - I really did not like the way you outed yourself but it is over.

MF - still a baddie.
;)
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

Bullzeye wrote:I have fairly bad vibes about BCornett myself tbh, but I feel like my reasoning will be immediately 'discredited' if I share it. It's a card I'm keeping close to my chest until I have more solid reasons to support it, but I certainly wouldn't be opposed to voting for him.
Well, that's an awfully strange thing for a civvie to say during the Night Phase about someone he thinks is bad...

I guess you feel pretty good about the Mafia not NKing you after a post like that, regardless of whether you are right or wrong on bcornett? :ponder:

Linki - :beer:
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”