[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Re: [DAY 5] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Matt »

I'd like to be fair and point out that I also haven't seen Sorsha in the thread since Mac asked her not to show herself. Don't know if we can conclude anything from that, but trying to be fair.
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

RadicalFuzz wrote:Also, J3, I want to engage in a debate with you later tonight about something. Going out for a few hours now, but just a heads up for later.
Cool beans! I hope I'm around, I'll try to be.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 30

Post by fingersplints »

Black Rock wrote:I read Splints posts. She came into the game assuming Roxy is civvie because of who was killed night 1. I know Roxy doesn't like to pick on new players but I also know she can be pretty ruthless. If she didn't want to kill new players she would be less likely the SK but Splints doesn't think she could be on the baddie team either?

I still am leaning one way towards Roxy more than the other but I am going to reserve judgement for now. I find it more interesting that she has voted for Matt 5 times in a row.

I am undecided on Matt vs Mac. I'm hoping to see what I perceive to be an honest reaction from Roxy about my theories.

I deserve to die because I am an awful player who should have a better memory regarding punishments.

You can keep saying that I assume Roxy is a civvie just based off who was NKd, but the more times you say something doesn't make it true. There were more reasons than that as I keep saying.

Want to talk about making a mountain out of a fucking molehill. Your reaction is over the top BR. Why is only Roxy allowed to answer you?

I think you are just pissed off because you were trying to get in on the Roxy suspicion for an easy lynch and I called you out on your BS reasoning. I don't think you ever did answer what specifically made her the SK.

voting BR
I deserve to die for missing the vote, but not as much as BR who also missed the vote and is bad :)
Gro-oo-ovy
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

Floyd - Can you and your Mafia friends please try to find a good reason as to why you would call Straw your "rival" and give me that reason, please?

Also, why did you vote for me today?

(for those of you who are reading this way later, I keep asking because Floyd has been in the thread for about 20 - 30 minutes and has yet to respond)
Image Image Image Image
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Choutas »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Matt F wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't know about MP, but where I'm from dead means dead. When you're dead there is nothing else, the game is over for you. I really struggle to imagine Sorsha picking a winner when she isn't actually alive.
But you do understand even though she's picking the winner on Night 4, it's a continuation of the power she used on NIGHT 3? Therefore, dead or alive by the time Night 4 comes around, she's still using the power she had when she was currently alive on NIGHT 3.

Do you think that it's at least possible that Sorsha would be able to follow through on the power she used on NIGHT 3 when she was still alive? Or have you completely ruled it out?
If I take the language MP wrote into this role literally, and I think I should, then no I don't see how that can be the case:

"Every night, it will find a job for two players, one from each forum. Both players will have the duration of the following day period to perform their job. Then during the night period, Found a Job will then declare one of them the winner and the other one a loser. The winner will be able to use their night power twice that night, while the loser will be blocked. Both players will submit their power twice without knowing whether they have won or lost."

This role specifically stipulates that it transpires over three phases -- one night, THEN the following day, THEN the following night. If Sorsha doesn't make it to the final phase in which she is meant to make her decision, then she is incapable of making that decision.

If this is not the correct interpretation, then I think the role is literally wrong: it is something other than what it claims to be in its actual text.

There are muddy standards for being dead around here, like dead mafia being allowed to continue in BTSC with their team (unheard of on RYM). That's the only reason I'm even humoring you on this.
I agree with this post. It's this unless a mod fuck it up which is not a thing cause it's impossible to fuck something like that. Sorsha was barely online. If she was online she wouldn't pm him unless the mod pmed her asking for the winner. I find it quite unlikely. Sorsha died and lost all of her powers and everything ended.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Ricochet wrote:
Choutas wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Choutas, certain players saying insistently that they deserve to die has been a recurring thing for the past phases.
In the mafia country where I come from that's peculiar to say the least. Call me the mafia Borat or something.
Possibly, but it's "coming from management", so to speak. I'm not sure you should genuinely scumread players for this specific thing.
Has the management taken responsibility for it? If yes point me to it. Also how do you know about it, you read it somewhere or it's a conjecture?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

Choutas wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Choutas wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Choutas, certain players saying insistently that they deserve to die has been a recurring thing for the past phases.
In the mafia country where I come from that's peculiar to say the least. Call me the mafia Borat or something.
Possibly, but it's "coming from management", so to speak. I'm not sure you should genuinely scumread players for this specific thing.
Has the management taken responsibility for it? If yes point me to it. Also how do you know about it, you read it somewhere or it's a conjecture?
Correlate missed votes with such statements and you may find it yourself. This may be management's party, this may be management's disco, but they sure ain't fooling around. The Host was clear about punishments and then all the punished players "exhibited the symptoms" during the following phase.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 103

Re: [DAY 2] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Draconus »

Okay. My Diiny suss in a nutshell.

Started the game not feeling great about him because of tone and Roxy back-and-forth (shouldn't be hard to find this on page 1 of his post history).
Diiny wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Diiny wrote:I do agree with Wilgy's idea that claiming to want to change up your playstyle post rolecard distribution is fishy. That combined with his timid non-stance on LC and his bea vote make him a lynch I'm certainly not regretful to be securing to save myself.
Diiny wrote:Out of all the BWT votes I think Wilgy's is one of the worst. Guy's a scum lean for me, now. Basing a vote on day 0 shit and sticking with it and not grappling with anything else for the rest of the day is bad stuff in my book.
:|

Explain this flip.
That's nae flip, kid.

I thought BWT was a decent lynch because of all of the evidence (as I said in that post), wilgy's comment included. That doesn't mean I endorse wilgy's vote, (which was based on ONLY a single observation from DAY 0 that took into account nothing from day 1 if I remember correctly) or indeed wilgy himself. His single point was valid, and would have made for a fine ingredient in a fully fleshed out, impeccably cooked vote. Unfortunately, he just sprinkled it onto a plate and called it a day.

I still have a scum lean on him.
I agree with Rico that this flip didn't look good at all. I don't feel any better about his response to Rico. Seemed contradicting.

@RICO: How do you feel about him now?

And then there was the long absence and the sudden reappearance with this post:
Diiny wrote:lol, I'm really proud that I managed to somehow convince the thread I was silenced. One of my finer moments, no doubt.

Been super busy with uni plus work experience overlapping so I haven't really been posting. I've been skimming the thread on my phone when possible, but I'm not super caught up. Gonna have to realistically choose between sorsha and devin unless I hate both cases or something
Why would an active player not want to come into the thread and scum hunt? Even if busy irl, you should still be willing to pop in and give your 2 cents on everything going on at the time.

Oh yeah... BECAUSE EVERYONE WILL EYEBALL YOU!!!!!! :suspish:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

If I have time to go into more deets before the end of the day, I will. I just have a lot to do :(

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Elohcin »

Matt F wrote:Btw RIP rdw and Golden.

Golden, I'll miss ya bud. I was hoping to make a three way civvie link fence with you and Elohcin, but now I guess not.

Elohcin - (Q) What does a dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac spend most of time doing? (A) Staying up all night wondering if there really is a dog. :haha:
LOL, you;re a sweetheart.
Matt F wrote: Elohcin, if not Mac, who are you looking at today?

Linki - Dr Wilgy, you might've missed my post. Do I owe you a thank you?
You make good points about Mac. I am looking at bcorn, choutas, and still Floyd. I am seven pages behind atm though so I will wait to comment specifics for now. I am hoping to catch up this evening and get my bearings.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Ricochet wrote:
Choutas wrote: Can you explain it with simple words? Your theory is completely unprovable tbh. There are two roles we have no idea what they do marked with question marks. I think it has do with these unknown roles and not by a townie role.
If by "his theory" you mean Girlfriend/Place theory, why is it "completely unprovable"? So far we've found out the only thing that would make it unlikely is if the SK was blocked from killing - which he obviously wasn't.

Plus, he's also right that, double-targetting aside (meaning the SK can't target the same player again on N5), the SK could take advantage of his role.

Why is your "something must be happening behind the [Secrets] roles" more "provable" than Mac's theory?
Well for once it says "power" usually in mafiascum cannon law "power" and "kill" is two different words. Unless by "power" here you mean "powers and kills" which again this is a complete different planet and I still try to get my head around some of your stuff.

Mr Modman is "kill" another "power" ?
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Ricochet wrote:
Choutas wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Choutas wrote:
Correlate missed votes with such statements and you may find it yourself. This may be management's party, this may be management's disco, but they sure ain't fooling around. The Host was clear about punishments and then all the punished players "exhibited the symptoms" during the following phase.
You learn something every day. This is the first time I see this kind of thing. In my barrio when someone misses two votes he swims with the fishes :mafia:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Thursday is one of my two days filled with classes and right now I'm nearing bedtime and exhaustion, I can't do full reads and top 6's tonight, sorry. Diiny has been on the better spectrum for me so far, but given that my reads have concluded in shit results until now, I'm probably one or two mislynches away from doubting myself. I do remember his D4 vote being highly dubious, but I need to check that in full context. Apart from that and the other pings, he wanted me dead on D3, but I have no particular feelings towards his hunt compared to others'.

I don't understand your busy accusations on him. The silencing thing was probably sarc to a few of us considering him silenced or something. Doesn't the "busy rl" disclaimer apply to anyone experiencing it? Sure, an invested player might still try to push himself to get something done until a Day ends, but why demand it so heavily? What makes you think he might be particularly phoning it in?
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Also Rico this is important do you speak Spanish or is Rico a red herring?
Quiero que me contestes amigo
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Choutas wrote:Also Rico this is important do you speak Spanish or is Rico a red herring?
It's Rico from Ricochet, not from Rico Suave. :mafia:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 449

Post by MacDougall »

I can only deduce that anyone who is saying "You are making good points about Mac" or that they've read the recent pages and I look bad, haven't actually read the pages and are actually scum phoning it in. You make me sick.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Ricochet wrote:Thursday is one of my two days filled with classes and right now I'm nearing bedtime and exhaustion, I can't do full reads and top 6's tonight, sorry. Diiny has been on the better spectrum for me so far, but given that my reads have concluded in shit results until now, I'm probably one or two mislynches away from doubting myself. I do remember his D4 vote being highly dubious, but I need to check that in full context. Apart from that and the other pings, he wanted me dead on D3, but I have no particular feelings towards his hunt compared to others'.

I don't understand your busy accusations on him. The silencing thing was probably sarc to a few of us considering him silenced or something. Doesn't the "busy rl" disclaimer apply to anyone experiencing it? Sure, an invested player might still try to push himself to get something done until a Day ends, but why demand it so heavily? What makes you think he might be particularly phoning it in?
After typing that out I do feel like I may be stretching a bit. :| Now I'm questioning myself THANKS! :(

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Elohcin wrote:
Matt F wrote:Btw RIP rdw and Golden.

Golden, I'll miss ya bud. I was hoping to make a three way civvie link fence with you and Elohcin, but now I guess not.

Elohcin - (Q) What does a dyslexic, agnostic, insomniac spend most of time doing? (A) Staying up all night wondering if there really is a dog. :haha:
LOL, you;re a sweetheart.
Matt F wrote: Elohcin, if not Mac, who are you looking at today?

Linki - Dr Wilgy, you might've missed my post. Do I owe you a thank you?
You make good points about Mac. I am looking at bcorn, choutas, and still Floyd. I am seven pages behind atm though so I will wait to comment specifics for now. I am hoping to catch up this evening and get my bearings.
What points does he make that are good exactly?
Choutas wrote:
Matt F wrote:
MacDougall wrote:In this thread right now we have Matt trying to convince people that either;

a) a dead player was able to cast an action after they died
b) a player was able to select a winner before they completed their job

Dude. You are killing me. I have never met anybody who tunnels so bad.
I think your reaction to all of this says it all. If it was really as wild and idiotic as you'd like people to believe, I think you would've actually laughed it off as such. But ever since you claimed that you didn't give a f*ck about this theory and that you'd go back to lurking, you've doen a complete 180, accusing me of being the SK, and then making a post attempting to read every single player to find the SK, etc etc. I don't think you would've gone to these great lengths if you didn't think my case had merit...which it does.

Sorsha used her job power on Night 3, and therefore, had the ability to pick a winner from the power she used on NIGHT 3 when she was alive. IMO
This post is making a lot of sense tbh. I have no idea which roles did what but Mac's reaction was horrible and to think he was my most trusted townie before going back and actually read the last seven 10 pages. Mac has been hitting wildly. Like a boxer who has lost the fight, he's in the last round, the winner is playing defensively and Mac is swingin' wildly missing about half of his punches. Seriously Mac what the hell.
Actually no, you will find it doesn't. And you of all people questioning my response to him as though it's some sort of tell on me sets of pings on you like nothing I've ever felt before. That last line I can feel the insincerity in it.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Btw, RadicalFuzz, the one time I played on JTM I noticed Adam Levine is from the same country as I am, but then I forgot to bring it up or let him know post-game. :blush:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If you are town, can you please take the time to read posts rather than skim them and then make posts that are based on nothing but the reflection on your retina of what you thought you fucking saw? Sheesh.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

MacDougall wrote:I can only deduce that anyone who is saying "You are making good points about Mac" or that they've read the recent pages and I look bad, haven't actually read the pages and are actually scum phoning it in. You make me sick.
I am not judging your(you and Matt's) theories, they're theories end of story. Your response to him though was ridiculously suss. You started saying mean stuff and lost your cool.

A regular Mac would have taken Matt's ideas and make a case against him and possibly lynch him.
Your defensiveness was suss. WGetting lynched as scum over something you didn't do would infuriate you I bet.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

Ricochet wrote:
Choutas wrote:Also Rico this is important do you speak Spanish or is Rico a red herring?
It's Rico from Ricochet, not from Rico Suave. :mafia:
OK cool points deducted
linki: This has been huge. From Sunday I might contribute even less. Let's hope the game would be manageable by then(btw this is no scumslip)
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Matt F wrote: Floyd - How are you and Strawhenge "rivals"?
Rivals is probably the wrong word to use. I was trying to point out his competitiveness.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Elohcin »

MacDougall wrote:Matt F you should be mod killed for sucking at Mafia. When I flip your penis will shrivel up inside you from embarrassment and it will never come out again.
This is a bit crude. Are you 3 years old? True story...I was working out yesterday and my three year old son came over to me and said, "Mommy look!" I looked over at him and he had pulled his pants down just enough to allow his junk to show. He cupped himself and wiggled a bit and said, "MY PENIS!" We are adults here, right?
MacDougall wrote:Strawhenge... Please read the posts and tell MattF he's an idiot. Please. I am getting desperate here. If I get lynched when it's clear that his explanation is insane I will burn the internet to the ground.
This here sounds suspicious to me. A civilian would give more of a defense I would think. Mac, what kind of defense can you offer rather than just sitting there calling names and telling us how angry you are.

About your vote on Epi and your belief that he is the SK. I think you are wrong. Epi has always had that opinion of the SK whether he was scum, civ, etc. I don't think his opinion makes hiim the SK this game. Plus, pointing a finger at someone else is not really a defense as to why you are NOT the SK.

Posting this with 5 pages to go.

5.5 including link :p Shut up people! :p
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 48

Post by Black Rock »

fingersplints wrote:
Black Rock wrote:I read Splints posts. She came into the game assuming Roxy is civvie because of who was killed night 1. I know Roxy doesn't like to pick on new players but I also know she can be pretty ruthless. If she didn't want to kill new players she would be less likely the SK but Splints doesn't think she could be on the baddie team either?

I still am leaning one way towards Roxy more than the other but I am going to reserve judgement for now. I find it more interesting that she has voted for Matt 5 times in a row.

I am undecided on Matt vs Mac. I'm hoping to see what I perceive to be an honest reaction from Roxy about my theories.

I deserve to die because I am an awful player who should have a better memory regarding punishments.

You can keep saying that I assume Roxy is a civvie just based off who was NKd, but the more times you say something doesn't make it true. There were more reasons than that as I keep saying.

Want to talk about making a mountain out of a fucking molehill. Your reaction is over the top BR. Why is only Roxy allowed to answer you?

I think you are just pissed off because you were trying to get in on the Roxy suspicion for an easy lynch and I called you out on your BS reasoning. I don't think you ever did answer what specifically made her the SK.

voting BR
I deserve to die for missing the vote, but not as much as BR who also missed the vote and is bad :)
I think you're right, you do deserve to die. I think I read through your posts and I think you are hosting with Roxy, and I think you have made protecting Roxy personal because you haven't gotten into this game. I am so shocked, you have nothing so you are going to jump on a vote for me so you look like your playing the game. Sweetheart, if I was picking a target for an easy lynch I would not pick Roxy. Roxy is never an easy target. You talk about my reaction? lol

I deserve to die for missing my punishment.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Choutas wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I can only deduce that anyone who is saying "You are making good points about Mac" or that they've read the recent pages and I look bad, haven't actually read the pages and are actually scum phoning it in. You make me sick.
I am not judging your(you and Matt's) theories, they're theories end of story. Your response to him though was ridiculously suss. You started saying mean stuff and lost your cool.

A regular Mac would have taken Matt's ideas and make a case against him and possibly lynch him.
Your defensiveness was suss. WGetting lynched as scum over something you didn't do would infuriate you I bet.
It is suspicious when I call players out and say nasty things to them when they are making irrational cases against me and tunneling?

Is it really?

Also, why would I make a case against him and get him lynch him for being wrong? I don't think he's scum I think he's wrong. I can't see a scum player playing like he is and he didn't fail the SK test, epi did.

That last point is absolutely true, but getting lynched as town over something I didn't do infuriates me just as much. :shrug:

I can see why you are feeling like you do though, you probably are a little bit annoyed at me personally and embarrassed on my behalf due to you and I knowing one another quite well and me representing myself without tact... Sorry for making you feel that way.

linki: So I'm damned if I do damned if I don't elohcin? What is a defense if it's not what I did.

I don't think you've read the entire case on epi at any rate. There's more to it than being the most interested in the role.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

You were gunning for his head yesterday though. If anything what happened after that should have made the fire between you guys burn even harder. The moods they are swingin'.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

No I wasn't. I was just having a larf Christos.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 306

Post by motel room »

Matt F's theory is sketchy and I don't why he's so confident about it.

Mac's theory on epi seems more likely and more based in evidence but still just a theory. I'm not comfortable with epi - the Syndicaters are defending his style still but when he was under some attention earlier he came out and did just enough leg work to let it blow over and has returned to sitting pretty. Dunno about the SK but I have no probs voting epi.

Mac himself has mostly seemed towny to me, up until he jumped off his Sorsha wagon and started pursuing Matt F over what started as a mild ping or whatever he called it. After that it seemed like mac was in chaos mode and was less about "who is scum" and more about "what can I get away with". But I say "was" because I like how he responded to Matt F's accusation - I read some others are using this as evidence against but I see it as positive evidence.

One thing I may have missed in catch up - mac, why though are you less concerned with Matt? He's not even in your top 6 thingy atm.
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

People who come up with crazy theories are almost always townies. Scum players sit around criticising the theories and elaborating. Not manifesting. He's probably my strongest town read.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 314
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Choutas wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Choutas wrote: Can you explain it with simple words? Your theory is completely unprovable tbh. There are two roles we have no idea what they do marked with question marks. I think it has do with these unknown roles and not by a townie role.
If by "his theory" you mean Girlfriend/Place theory, why is it "completely unprovable"? So far we've found out the only thing that would make it unlikely is if the SK was blocked from killing - which he obviously wasn't.

Plus, he's also right that, double-targetting aside (meaning the SK can't target the same player again on N5), the SK could take advantage of his role.

Why is your "something must be happening behind the [Secrets] roles" more "provable" than Mac's theory?
Well for once it says "power" usually in mafiascum cannon law "power" and "kill" is two different words. Unless by "power" here you mean "powers and kills" which again this is a complete different planet and I still try to get my head around some of your stuff.

Mr Modman is "kill" another "power" ?
A kill counts as a "power" or ability, just like any other role mechanic.

For example, for Girlfriend Is Better, it is irrelevant whether the role is targeted with a role check, a kill, or any other power; they all fall under the chance for duplication if not blocked.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Re: [DAY 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by motel room »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
motel room wrote:
seaside wrote:What does everyone think of jjj, diiny and espers?
The order i would lynch them is espers > diiny > jjj. I'm reading jjj as jenuine atm.
Please expand.
The level that Diiny has slipped to, I feel like espers has been there all game. He's a total unknown quantity to me and that worries me so at the time I would have been cooler with an espers lynch than a Diiny lynch.

However, that non-vote Diiny put in at the end of the last Day that was so off-bandwagon that it was blinding probably puts him over espers atm if I were to rewrite that order.

And you're streets behind those two. :llama:
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

what else has been going on?

This site is so much more an obvious non-work forum when I'm trying to post things at work and there's a bunch of smilies gyrating over there
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

:fiesta: :dance: :PP :PP :ike: :WTF: :WTF: :martini: :drums:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

ok after the whole Sorsha vs Devin thing from Day 4 and all the lynch-lining up that was discussed, there's a shitload less Devin being talked about now
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

Matt F wrote:To any Syndicateer who has hosted a Mafia game...

If you had a role like Sorsha's in the game, Sorsha picks two players to play her contest on Night 3, Sorsha dies on Day 4.

Would YOU as host allow Sorsha to pick a winner from the power she used Night 3?

I'm just curious to what the over all consensus is. If the majority says "NO", again, after today, I will stop voting for Mac for being the SK
Yes. It's not a new action. It is the continuation of an action already in motion.

The role, as written, is ambiguous in this regard. The possibility is thus not impossible.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

So we're spending Day 5 hunting a lone wolf that's anti-Mafia when there are as many as six Mafia with BTSC at large? :suspish:
Ricochet wrote:The SK is an enemy for the civs. He needs to be lynched.
And an enemy for the Mafia. Not priority. If you lynch the SK, great! That's lucky.

I'd rather whittle down a a six-man team first, and hopefully the SK helps in that regard.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Did you consider my point that if we don't kill the rogue today we could be looking at three townies dead tonight?
It's possible. I think the rogue would be working against themselves to focus solely on slaughtering townies when so many mafia are still alive, but it's possible.
No double targeting. Psycho Killer can't target the same person two Nights in a row.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't know about MP, but where I'm from dead means dead. When you're dead there is nothing else, the game is over for you. I really struggle to imagine Sorsha picking a winner when she isn't actually alive.
I've had dead players have powers in effect after they've died: For instance, my tiebreaker roles (their lynch list would not be changeable after their death, but it would still be in effect). I've had a role that could kill someone who voted for it if it got lynched.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:There is some merit to the notion that rogues habitually talk about rogues more than anyone else, I've definitely seen that turn out valid before. I'm also surprised Epi was giving Matt's theory a chance despite the apparent strong evidence that it doesn't work. I'm considering it, Mac.
I don't agree with your interpretation of the evidence. See the underlined above.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:There is some merit to the notion that rogues habitually talk about rogues more than anyone else, I've definitely seen that turn out valid before. I'm also surprised Epi was giving Matt's theory a chance despite the apparent strong evidence that it doesn't work. I'm considering it, Mac.
James, read page 2 of FZ's ISO. Start at the bottom. Tell me if you were Epi and you were a serial killer who you would have killed that night?

Didn't think twice to question Matt's case.

Talked about the serial killer role more than anyone else.

Dude's the serial killer. Signed sealed delivered.
Yellow: I can certainly see a SK Epi killing FZ, but I am hesitant to consider that damning evidence. This is the kind of detail that might appear to mean more than it really does when tunnel vision takes over. I'm considering it, but there's enough WIFOM that I am going to be careful.

Orange: I've accused rogues of this correctly before, so I understand your perspective. I've also accused non-rogues of this wrongly.

Green: I don't share your certainty. It's an intriguing possibility. I am also loathe to lynch someone purely based on rogue speculation, because there is only one rogue and that means the chances of correctness are inherently lessened. There are still a ton of people alive. Proceeding with lynch would demand a significant degree of confidence. I need more time and probably more evidence to get there.
And I wouldn't have killed FZ. for two reasons: First, her stance was softening on me. Second, I gunned hard for FZ. based on irrefutable math in Death Note, and even though the math showed a very slight probability that FZ. was good, that slight possibility turned out to be the truth. I ran the poor girl ragged in that game; I wouldn't rob her of her opportunity to have at me in kind. Instead, I would welcome the spar and not go out the easy way. And if I lost the bout, there is the satisfaction of proving her wrong. ;)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:One observation FZ made that I think is of special interest was when she noted Epi was not being confrontational. He is known around here for really taking his suspects to task, sometimes to the point of absurdity, and that hasn't happened here. There's potential that his restrained approach has been motivated by his understanding that rattling cages would work directly against the SK win condition.
My restrained approach is owing to the fact that some of you don't sleep or go outside. I've been clear on that. With many of these pages blocked at work, I can't read in sips like I like to do when I have a minute here or there. Instead, I come home and have 7+ pages to read.
MacDougall wrote:Saw Epi pop into the thread then for a second ... Where'd you go mate?
I can view certain pages of the thread at work. Some I cannot. If the ones I cannot are recent enough, I can't post normally either (I can, however, use the quick post feature).
MacDougall wrote:I'm reasonably confident that epignosis is actually the serial killer tbh.
This is from the guy who is spouting off about idiots, right?

Just making sure.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:
No double targeting. Psycho Killer can't target the same person two Nights in a row.
Where does it say that?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I note that psycho killer's role has secrets, so there's nothing to say it can't bypass double targeting rules like Making Flippy Floppy can. But that is a valid point about the future of the role, doesn't refute anything.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:

If you had a role like Sorsha's in the game, Sorsha picks two players to play her contest on Night 3, Sorsha dies on Day 4.

Would YOU as host allow Sorsha to pick a winner from the power she used Night 3?

I'm just curious to what the over all consensus is. If the majority says "NO", again, after today, I will stop voting for Mac for being the SK
Yes. It's not a new action. It is the continuation of an action already in motion.

The role, as written, is ambiguous in this regard. The possibility is thus not impossible.
The role is not ambiguous in its three-step phases.

The cut-off due to the player getting killed mid-phase makes it interpretable.

If you say the awarding is a "continuation of an action already in motion", you still have no player anymore to "continue" it with. Dead players should still not be allowed to influence the game any further.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MacDougall wrote:I note that psycho killer's role has secrets, so there's nothing to say it can't bypass double targeting rules like Making Flippy Floppy can. But that is a valid point about the future of the role, doesn't refute anything.
Double targetting is a general mafia rule here - as in, rather, that you're not allowed to target a player on consecutive nights. This is regardless of any powers. Flippy Floppy is, as you've said, the exception.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Sorry, that should be - you're not allowed to target the same player on consecutive Nights.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Where does it say that?
7. No double-targeting (targeting the same individual with a role power twice in a row).
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epi, do you genuinely think the case I have against you makes me an idiot? Because I'm quite sure it's well reasoned and thought out and I'm sure most would agree. If this was a case on someone else would you still think it was a stupid case based on nothing?

Let me give you the cliffs again;

1. Abnormal interest in the existence of the role, especially in suggesting we should not focus on it
2. Had a huge running battle with a player deceased at the hands of the serial killer
3. Playing abnormal to your meta
4. Entertaining the idea that a case that has <1% likeliness of being true due to basic role mechanics is actually a possible case against a different SK candidate

So please, tell me how my case is bad? I accept you will say it's wrong whether or not it is, but how exactly is it bad? I don't think you can really find a better case against a rogue in a game this size.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

The role is not ambiguous in its three-step phases.

The cut-off due to the player getting killed mid-phase makes it interpretable.

If you say the awarding is a "continuation of an action already in motion", you still have no player anymore to "continue" it with. Dead players should still not be allowed to influence the game any further.
Then we don't agree on that.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:I note that psycho killer's role has secrets, so there's nothing to say it can't bypass double targeting rules like Making Flippy Floppy can. But that is a valid point about the future of the role, doesn't refute anything.
Maybe there's a role (yours) that gets to bypass this one:

1. Be respectful and remember that this is a game. Although mafia is a game of deception and can be rather heated, recognize that the game is not personal and that your friends may be lying to you in the spirit of the game. Please treat your fellow players with respect, even if you suspect or strongly disagree with them.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: [DAY 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Russtifinko »

My promised read on bcornett, including his most recent rainbow list for reference.

I'll start off by saying he has fewer posts but possibly more meaningful content than I expected. So that's good. Generally I have good feels about him, whereas before my gun-to-head gut read would've been slightly bad. That's probably an exposure effect from him being mentioned so much.

Brian, a couple questions on this rainbow list. You came out hard on Days 2-3 against Golden and JJJ specifically. Obviously Golden became a town read, and I think for obvious reasons. I would've figured JJJ to be in your "Likely Scum" pile, though. Did something happen to change your mind there?

In a similar vein, you made a fairly large case on Diiny Day 4, but have him neutral here. Again, did something change? Just trying to follow your thought process.

I can see your point on Devin. I know I'm not on his team, and I cast the final vote, so I don't think it was a save, but I don't expect others to just take my word for it and I'm not sure how to prove it. For what it's worth, I know him irl and he reads as genuine to me, so right now I'm inclined to believe we just all had it wrong yesterday. It sucks, but it does happen.
bcornett24 wrote:Updated Rainbow

Analyzed* - I have completed an analysis of this player or have actively followed their content.

Likely Town
Golden*
Elohcin

Possibly Town
Epignosis
Matt F
seaside
sig
Roxy*

Neutral/Unknown
espers
Black Rock*
fingersplints
Strawhenge
Diiny*
TheFloyd73
Metalmarsh89
RadicalFuzz
Russtifinko*
rundontwalk*

Possibly Scum
Sorsha*
Choutas
JaggedJimmyJay*
Ricochet
motel room
DrWilgy*

Likely Scum
Bullzeye
MacDougall*
Devin the Omniscient*

Bullzeye will be the next person that I examine followed by Elohcin.

I will remind people that these are my impressions from skimming through a large amount of content and can and will likely change.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:Epi, do you genuinely think the case I have against you makes me an idiot? Because I'm quite sure it's well reasoned and thought out and I'm sure most would agree. If this was a case on someone else would you still think it was a stupid case based on nothing?

1. Abnormal interest in the existence of the role, especially in suggesting we should not focus on it
2. Had a huge running battle with a player deceased at the hands of the serial killer
4. Entertaining the idea that a case that has <1% likeliness of being true due to basic role mechanics is actually a possible case against a different SK candidate

So please, tell me how my case is bad? I accept you will say it's wrong whether or not it is, but how exactly is it bad? I don't think you can really find a better case against a rogue in a game this size.
I never called you an idiot. That's your gig.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: [NIGHT 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Russtifinko »

Matt F wrote:Before anyone else mentions it, yes, I've voted to lynch a civvie four days in a row now. :ninja:

Sorry town
It's not so much that you've voted for 4 civvies in 4 days that bothers me, personally. I don't really love that everyone you've voted for is dead, but it is still only 2 people so it's not totally damning yet.

I think your Mac theory is completely cockamamie, and I HATE cockamamie theories, as Syndicate players know. However, I think a baddie you would be foolish to pursue it so forcefully and for so long (over 5 pages). I finished reading that exchange and found myself leaning more civ on you than before.

Also, for the record, I don't know Roxy the best, but all her posts have read absolutely classic Roxy to me. The devil-may-care, I-play-my-game-and-no-one-can-stop-me attitude, the tunneling on Matt F, and just general tone seem normal to me.

I suppose I get fingersplints defending her, but as far as I can recall, defending her is literally the only thing fingers has done all game. That looks increasingly shady to me as interesting things happen in thread.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Epi, do you genuinely think the case I have against you makes me an idiot? Because I'm quite sure it's well reasoned and thought out and I'm sure most would agree. If this was a case on someone else would you still think it was a stupid case based on nothing?

I never called you an idiot. That's your gig.
I suppose sarcastically retorting to me suggesting you are the SK with "and this is coming from the person calling people idiots" is supposed to mean that you think I'm not one.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”