[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 286
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Re: [DAY 6] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Strawhenge »

I voted Marsh because I still don't trust him, and I'm stupid.
Literally just some fucking guy.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 157

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm wiped out today. This week is gonna be super busy for me by the look of things :( I am gonna cast my vote for *BCornett* because I think he's running the blendy baddie routine and trying to fly super low. Now going to bed!
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 114

Post by Elohcin »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Elohcin, why'd you bold your vote but not place it in the poll? :P
Woops! Thanks.
Ricochet wrote:Eloh, make sure to vote in the poll.
You all are so nice to look out for me :) hehe
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 210

Post by RadicalFuzz »

Floyd looks bad, no two ways about it. I'm aware that he's had a horrible situation and that's why his contribution is so low, but even the posts he has made have been borderline scumslips. "Do you mean the in-thread text" being the prime example, to me.

Despite that, I'm not going to lynch him on that unless I have to. For a game of this size to be his first, particularly with the bad timing of his IRL situation, he deserves a chance. I'm familiar with at least part of his position, entering into a large game and being overwhelmed, and I'm not going to lynch him for what he's done so far.

I'm aware this is illogical, and likely unpopular. If the time comes that he participates in the thread and says things that I find suspicious, then I will vote him. Until that point, I'm not going to vote for Floyd. I don't condemn any votes against him, it's a perfectly logical move, but I won't join.
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Choutas »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Gonna GTH the whole mafia team without thinking about it a ton (can't at work):

Black Rock
Diiny
Choutas
motel room
Metalmarsh89
Russtifinko (I know this contradicts my prior thing, oh well)
I was OK for five days and five nights straight and now I'm mafia without a single post as to why I am one.

JJJ you're trippin' seriously you just jumped from a green to neutral read what the heck.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 89

Post by sig »

Rico was a top lynch candidate he has since then been making very big posts I notice he is trying to know direct attention away from those who defended LC to those such as myself who were slightly against LC, what is everyone's thoughts on this? Could he be mafia trying to turn attention to another set of civs to lynch?

Diiny was an option for lynching and his posts have declined, could he perhaps be mafia? I'm thinking he might be and if he is I'm pretty sure so is JJJ. It isn't much to go on I know, but that is were I will be voting for the time.

I'm thinking out of the mafia team we might have one or two high to mid level poster but most of the mafia is among those who aren't posting as much or aren't contributing, instead of leading mislynches they are allowing the civs to do it and just voting with it.

Lynch Diiny

I'm suspicious of Mac, Floyd, Seaside, and Choutus.
Floyd has an RL situation and I'm not surprised if he is having difficulty this game it is extremely fast paced and heavy with text.
Mac I can see the arguments against him, but with the current trend of mislynching I'm unsure about him and need to think on it some.
Choutus I'm just getting bad vibes from him, I still think he is more likely to be the SK then mafia, but either way I would be happy with voting for him.
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DrWilgy »

RadicalFuzz wrote:Floyd looks bad, no two ways about it. I'm aware that he's had a horrible situation and that's why his contribution is so low, but even the posts he has made have been borderline scumslips. "Do you mean the in-thread text" being the prime example, to me.

Despite that, I'm not going to lynch him on that unless I have to. For a game of this size to be his first, particularly with the bad timing of his IRL situation, he deserves a chance. I'm familiar with at least part of his position, entering into a large game and being overwhelmed, and I'm not going to lynch him for what he's done so far.

I'm aware this is illogical, and likely unpopular. If the time comes that he participates in the thread and says things that I find suspicious, then I will vote him. Until that point, I'm not going to vote for Floyd. I don't condemn any votes against him, it's a perfectly logical move, but I won't join.
So Fuzz... Why aren't you asking him questions? Why aren't you trying to involve him? Instead you dismiss him until he involves himself?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
seaside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 137

Post by seaside »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Gonna GTH the whole mafia team without thinking about it a ton (can't at work):

Black Rock
Diiny
Choutas
motel room
Metalmarsh89
i'm gonna change my vote to Diiny
i'll accept for now, that i've probably chosen you as scum over him due to having posts from you and not from him
but that is probably more scummy from him to drop off.
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

sig wrote:Mac I can see the arguments against him, but with the current trend of mislynching I'm unsure about him and need to think on it some
What is this supposed to mean?

Why aren't I asking Floyd questions or trying to involve him? I don't have questions that I would learn anything from asking. The occasional strange question with no correct answer is fun to throw out sometimes, but rarely productive.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

sig wrote:Rico was a top lynch candidate he has since then been making very big posts I notice he is trying to know direct attention away from those who defended LC to those such as myself who were slightly against LC, what is everyone's thoughts on this? Could he be mafia trying to turn attention to another set of civs to lynch?

Diiny was an option for lynching and his posts have declined, could he perhaps be mafia? I'm thinking he might be and if he is I'm pretty sure so is JJJ. It isn't much to go on I know, but that is were I will be voting for the time.

I'm thinking out of the mafia team we might have one or two high to mid level poster but most of the mafia is among those who aren't posting as much or aren't contributing, instead of leading mislynches they are allowing the civs to do it and just voting with it.

Lynch Diiny

I'm suspicious of Mac, Floyd, Seaside, and Choutus.
Floyd has an RL situation and I'm not surprised if he is having difficulty this game it is extremely fast paced and heavy with text.
Mac I can see the arguments against him, but with the current trend of mislynching I'm unsure about him and need to think on it some.
Choutus I'm just getting bad vibes from him, I still think he is more likely to be the SK then mafia, but either way I would be happy with voting for him.
Why the fuck you always call me Choutus? Is that a clause to activate your power? My name is not Choutus it's Choutas.It's not a goddamn Latin name.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 449

Post by MacDougall »

RadicalFuzz wrote:MM, my logic is as follows. If Wilgy was town and I was wrongly pushing him, Mafia would want to help me push his mislynch, and there would be at least some mention of him. However, the opposite applies, it's very hard to get the ball rolling to lynch Mafia because a portion of the game is actively working to prevent that. It's a small thing, but enough to irk me. I'm not asking players to talk about Wilgy, everyone will naturally talk about their preferred topic, but I'm observing a disconcerting silence. Were you buddying with me on this topic because you wanted to push Wilgy or wanted to get me to look at you favorably?

Wilgy I'm asking J3 many questions because he's both around to answer them and I want him to answer them incorrectly. To my dismay he hasn't yet responded illogically. And if that's your roundabout way of asking me whether I think J3 is town or not, the answer is complicated. I would vote for him in lieu of concrete evidence for anybody else, but my suspicion of him is still extremely circumstantial.
So the inverse of this is that I am town right?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote:

Black Rock
Diiny
Choutas
motel room
Metalmarsh89
:ponder:
Are you going to say Mac is bad next?

@Epi, I'm back on phone now and don't have time to quote pull. The reason I believe is because role blocks exist in this game. Psycho killer, can't submit a night action if they don't have one.

Mac, stating that you are SK on a night were there is no psycho kill, and him being a scummy scummertston, fufill all the conditions for him to either be baddie roleblocker, or in btsc with baddie roleblocker. Matt's statement of Mac is bad and Epi is SK help confirm my thoughts, and russ stating that you are most likely SK may place him in the btsc with Mac.
The stench of scum is strong here.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

6 votes on me and the rest scattered all around. No counterwagon forming. Yeah this doesn't seem like a mislynch at all.
Choutas
The Mark

Post by Choutas »

vote change to sig. I'm town, Seaside and Mac look townies to me and only Floyd looks suss. You're almost having the opposite reads of me.

linki: Mac do you think scum are pushing for your lynch or is a town bandwagon on another townie?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I would say the scum are just hiding their votes on non viable candidates and lying low mostly. I would say there are two scum at most voting for me, a serial killer, two OMGUS votes and elohcin.
seaside
Stool Pigeon

Post by seaside »

MacDougall wrote:6 votes on me and the rest scattered all around. No counterwagon forming. Yeah this doesn't seem like a mislynch at all.
diiny
seaside
Stool Pigeon

Post by seaside »

sig wrote:I'm suspicious of Mac, Floyd, Seaside, and Choutus.
how come you don't provide a reason for me?
just throwing my name in
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Because he is obvscum. Bullzeye is scum. Fuzz is scum. Look to the throwaway votes imo.
seaside
Stool Pigeon

Re: [DAY 3] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by seaside »

Strawhenge wrote:
seaside wrote:to people (strawhenge and matt f i think) who were wondering about my floyd read earlier i said it was a joke, i haven't mentioned him much properly because what is there to really say? he's new and he isn't posting much. i haven't mentioned many posters tbh. i haven't interacted with many either.
Strawhenge wrote:Quick note: Seaside responded on the previous page that his confidence in Floyd was 'a joke, bruv'.
shit, you have even posted this yourself strawhenge and you are still pressuring me on this?
I...haven't pressured you on this for days.
my bad
those big quotes i've been fucking up lately
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bullzeye
Motel room
Sig
Metalmarsh
Wilgy
Russ
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Self pres voting wilgy
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

MacDougall wrote:6 votes on me and the rest scattered all around. No counterwagon forming. Yeah this doesn't seem like a mislynch at all.
Day 3, two wagons 7-6, Golden was civ, I am civ
Day 4, two wagons 10-9, both civs
Day 5, two wagons 6-8 with manipulation, both civs

So there not being a counterwagon in your case means it's just as much as a mislynch as the others?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I would say those are unusual cases. This one is your typical town driven scum hide elsewhere mislynch.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MacDougall wrote:Bullzeye
Motel room
Sig
Metalmarsh
Wilgy
Russ
Study material for post-flip. :mafia:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MacDougall wrote:I would say those are unusual cases. This one is your typical town driven scum hide elsewhere mislynch.
The scum scatter part sounds about right.
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

MacDougall wrote:Because he is obvscum. Bullzeye is scum. Fuzz is scum. Look to the throwaway votes imo.
You got me excited that you actually thought I was scum, but then you don't list me in your next post. I feel neglected. I also feel annoyed that you asked me to put in work on post analysis and then call the result of that post analysis a throwaway vote. Would you rather me ignore the conclusions I've come to?

You are correct, however, that the inverse is true for you. With so many players pushing your lynch that's a slight indication that you're not scum.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Random thought right now: could either Zebra or FZ. have been Take me to the River? They both died N3, my poll removal D4 must have been activated regardless, but since I haven't seen any new removals. Zebra wanting to block me on D4, after how much he suspected me, but getting it randomized the other way, could make sense.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

RadicalFuzz wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Because he is obvscum. Bullzeye is scum. Fuzz is scum. Look to the throwaway votes imo.
You got me excited that you actually thought I was scum, but then you don't list me in your next post. I feel neglected. I also feel annoyed that you asked me to put in work on post analysis and then call the result of that post analysis a throwaway vote. Would you rather me ignore the conclusions I've come to?

You are correct, however, that the inverse is true for you. With so many players pushing your lynch that's a slight indication that you're not scum.
Well it is a throwaway vote in the sense that it was alone. I agree with your analysis of Wilgy though. I was just starting to just name people with few votes on them and then decided to look a bit closer. You town. He scum.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote:Self pres voting wilgy
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:Random thought right now: could either Zebra or FZ. have been Take me to the River? They both died N3, my poll removal D4 must have been activated regardless, but since I haven't seen any new removals. Zebra wanting to block me on D4, after how much he suspected me, but getting it randomized the other way, could make sense.
Seems accurate.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote:
Hey look a dismissive reaction. He must be scum.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So how long til I am lynched?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MacDougall wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Random thought right now: could either Zebra or FZ. have been Take me to the River? They both died N3, my poll removal D4 must have been activated regardless, but since I haven't seen any new removals. Zebra wanting to block me on D4, after how much he suspected me, but getting it randomized the other way, could make sense.
Seems accurate.
If it's Zebra, you'd certainly know. :beer:
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

I'm sad that there's no self-voting in this game.

Roughly two and a half hours, if nothing changes. And that seems unlikely, barring any Chinese firemen entering the thread.
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

Actually, that could work.

Anybody up for a CFD? I nominate Wilgy.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MacDougall wrote:So how long til I am lynched?
ugh 4:36am so four more hours, goddamn these late EDT deadlines
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

RadicalFuzz wrote:Actually, that could work.

How about we stay put? Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You Americans and your death penalties. Another in a long line of innocents put to death by a disgusting and stupid system.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Actually, that could work.

How about we stay put? Image
Silence! Fiend! Allow me to experience a modicum of freedom before I am wrongly removed from society.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matt F wrote:To be clear, I'm not trying to paint JJJ town or scum either way because of this.

But as my own selfish self, as a civilian, I would not put my vote on another player who has a chance to beat me, when I don't know what their alignment is. I'd rather my civvie self get the position in order to better help the town.
To be honest, I was waiting until the player from the Syndicate reached 7 votes, then I was going to pull my vote off of Jay.

Unfortunately, this happened when I wasn't around, so Russti beat me to it and gave Jay the deciding vote. :sigh:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote:You Americans and your death penalties. Another in a long line of innocents put to death by a disgusting and stupid system.
:shrug:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 306

Post by motel room »

I'll get on Epi if you go back to voting there.

Not anti wilgy atm. Out of the other 2-vote "wagons" I'd go Diiny or I guess Black Rock.

No one wants to stacks-on Choutas with me? Carn. :noble:
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 306

Post by motel room »

Strawhenge wrote:I voted Marsh because I still don't trust him, and I'm stupid.
mate what
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Strawhenge wrote:I voted Marsh because I still don't trust him, and I'm stupid.
GTFO!

Don't vote me just because you're stupid, dammit. :doh:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

motel room wrote:

Not anti wilgy atm. Out of the other 2-vote "wagons" I'd go Diiny or I guess Black Rock.

Why?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

Ah, the deadline is in four hours, my mistake.

I understand that you've put a lot of work into getting the lynch wagon on Mac going, and I respect the effort, but let me put it a different way.

I think Wilgy is dirtier than Mac. My preference would be to lynch the player I am most confident in being scum. In addition, Mac is a strange individual that I am unfamiliar with, while I've known Wilgy for years. Speaking for myself, I'd rather lynch Wilgy, because he's aware of the responsibility to play correctly that all civilians have. He hasn't been contributing what he should be contributing as a townie if he is one, and that leads me to believe that he's not. The Mac lynch is more complex, both the case and the player (to me), so I'd rather take the action that I believe to be more correct with the information I have available to me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

motel room wrote:

:omg:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:
motel room wrote:

Why?
Probably because you are the serial killer and you missed your kill last night.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote:I would say the scum are just hiding their votes on non viable candidates and lying low mostly. I would say there are two scum at most voting for me, a serial killer, two OMGUS votes and elohcin.
I'm not a scum, serial killer, OMGUS, or Elohcin.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
motel room wrote:

Why?
Probably because you are the serial killer and you missed your kill last night.
Bitch, I don't miss PMs. :mafia:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”