[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 502

Re: [DAY 6] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I have a very clear understanding in my head of why Ricochet wants to lynch Mac.

I have a decent understanding of why Matt F wants to lynch Mac.

I have a decent understanding of why DrWilgy wants to lynch Mac.

I don't know much about why Metalmarsh wants to lynch Mac.

I don't know much about why Epignosis wants to lynch Mac.

I don't know much about why Elohcin wants to lynch Mac.
I've told you why twice now. You made a rebuttal, but I don't agree with your points.

Add to it that he knows I'm the serial killer and I can't have him around. :scared:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 449

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I have a very clear understanding in my head of why Ricochet wants to lynch Mac.

I have a decent understanding of why Matt F wants to lynch Mac.

I have a decent understanding of why DrWilgy wants to lynch Mac.

I don't know much about why Metalmarsh wants to lynch Mac.

I don't know much about why Epignosis wants to lynch Mac.

I don't know much about why Elohcin wants to lynch Mac.
I've told you why twice now. You made a rebuttal, but I don't agree with your points.

Add to it that he knows I'm the serial killer and I can't have him around. :scared:
:omg:
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Wow, votes are moving around. Hmmm.

I'd still slightly prefer a BR vote, but I'm also less convinced than before that JJJ is right about Mac.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I imagine the mafia team views Mac as easily lynchable. Might have even drugged him.

I think some people are suspicious of him because of his [deliberately] volatile behavior, and are morphing the evidence to convince themselves it's more than a gut read.

I think other people are probably capitalizing on his style. Maybe Epi, since he seems to be interested in a contest of testicle mass as much as pursuing an actual case.
JJJ, you're partly correct. I'm suspicious because of his behavior, but not because of what He's been doing the past two D/N cycles. He was playing completely normal (compared to other players - not his meta, which I know nothing about) until the end of D4, at which point he said a number of things (will pull upon request) that read extremely scummy to me. Basically any of his posts at that time seem awful to me, so pick a few to read. I came after him, and he's been chaos posting since. It's not the chaos posting that gets me, it's the D4 posts and then the sudden style change when I brought it up.

You saying he always plays like this has been staying my hand on it, because I don't see any reason whatsoever for you to play how you have as a baddie. I'd really appreciate it if you could reread his stuff specifically at the end of that Day and let me know, isolated from the rest of his content, what you thoughts are on it.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I've told you why twice now. You made a rebuttal, but I don't agree with your points.
True.

I think I keep forgetting this happened because it's been drowned out by the more recent one-liner duel.

I have a decent understanding of why Epignosis wants to lynch Mac.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 306

Post by motel room »

RadicalFuzz wrote:Motel, since you're familiar with the series, let's play a game. If I was L, who would Near be?
as in, who would take over investigation after you die? Uh i actually have no idea. I don't see anyone else posting as level headed as you and I'm too flaky (i barely touch the computer on weekends) to be Near. JJJ maybe, I think he's legit.
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
motel room wrote:alrighty, Black Rock
I'd recommend keeping your finger near the trigger in case it doesn't happen.
i'll be here til end of day
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Russtifinko wrote:Wow, votes are moving around. Hmmm.

I'd still slightly prefer a BR vote, but I'm also less convinced than before that JJJ is right about Mac.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I imagine the mafia team views Mac as easily lynchable. Might have even drugged him.

I think some people are suspicious of him because of his [deliberately] volatile behavior, and are morphing the evidence to convince themselves it's more than a gut read.

I think other people are probably capitalizing on his style. Maybe Epi, since he seems to be interested in a contest of testicle mass as much as pursuing an actual case.
JJJ, you're partly correct. I'm suspicious because of his behavior, but not because of what He's been doing the past two D/N cycles. He was playing completely normal (compared to other players - not his meta, which I know nothing about) until the end of D4, at which point he said a number of things (will pull upon request) that read extremely scummy to me. Basically any of his posts at that time seem awful to me, so pick a few to read. I came after him, and he's been chaos posting since. It's not the chaos posting that gets me, it's the D4 posts and then the sudden style change when I brought it up.

You saying he always plays like this has been staying my hand on it, because I don't see any reason whatsoever for you to play how you have as a baddie. I'd really appreciate it if you could reread his stuff specifically at the end of that Day and let me know, isolated from the rest of his content, what you thoughts are on it.
:sigh:

I'm going to need you to show me these supposed posts that read extremely scummy to you. Basically any of my posts seems like a massive cop out and an extremely weak attempt at getting my lynch wagon back on track.

I don't even recall you coming after me. You have been the least of my concerns, so if you are trying to connect that you coming after me lead to me "chaos posting" I'd love to see your rationale there, because I don't even remember the post you came after me in.

My "sudden style change" coincided with me realising that I was going to get night killed if I didn't start acting like a crazy person and drawing attention to myself in the thread.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Choutas wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Epignosis wrote: WHY do you think I'm a serial killer?
Just a meta thing. Every single game I've seen with you, you go after people HARD. When you're civ it's because you feel like the righteous right hand of a vengeful god bent on bringing destruction to evildoers, and when you're bad it's because you have the confidence of someone with a team backing them up. I'm not seeing that level of confident Epi right now.

Plus Mac is after you hard for being the SK, and I think he might be evil. You said yourself that baddies have the biggest incentive to get the SK out, so it makes sense.

Linki: Yeah, I do think that's rare. Opportunistic bussing is way more common.

If Mac turns out to be bad, then Russ' theory could be true. I agree that Epi has been less confident this game. He himself said he was being more "observant". But didn't Epi go after Mac as being the SK first and try to get him lynched for that? I don;t think that would be smart move on Epi's part b/c he wold be untrusted once Mac was proved to not be the SK.

And now I will vote Mac. His responses to the accusations against him continue to ping me.
No. I think MacDougall is a co-conspirator with Long Con. I don't think serial killers can be caught in the first half of a game outside of luck, so I don't bother hunting them until Mafia are eliminated.
This actually makes a lot of sense. We definitely have more chances of lynching a mafia over the rogue. A case of a possible scum is more likely to be true than a theory of someone being a rogue so they should take precedence.
linki: McBaddie the kangaroo rider who chases crime.
Hence me not actively promoting Epi as a lynch candidate. SKs, as he himself pointed out, are there to balance in the civs' favor. I think that even if he is the SK, he's worth keeping around for a bit. He has every reason to hunt baddies with us, if not more reason.

Elo, thanks for your input on Epi's style this game. I find it very informative. Did Epi go after Mac as the SK? I don't remember. Will have to read back to check. Or if you could point me to where, that would be lovely. However,
Epignosis wrote:Third, there was no mention of a Psycho Killer kill at all in the host post Night 5, meaning there was no attempt made at all.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Matt F wrote:HOSTS - If the Mafia or Serial Killer is prevented from making a kill for whatever reason, do you still show their kill attempt in the Night Post? If the Mafia or Serial Killer simply don't make an attempt, do you completely ignore them in the Night Post?

Thank you
Yes to both questions.
I had forgotten completely that no SK kill attempt was posted last night. Meaning Mac taunting Epi for missing his kill is likely contrived. Meaning my that part of my theory about Epi is stupid. :disappoint:

I feel even worse about Mac for this, and better about Epi.

Linki: Ok, repost of Mac's D4 behavior incoming....
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 210

Post by RadicalFuzz »

See, motel, one of two things is going to happen regarding me and J3. One of us is going to be killed, and the other is going to be proven either Light or Near. The impostor, or the successor.

I'm assuming J3 will be killed before I will be, since I've decreased my credibility this phase in any situation that doesn't end in Wilgy flipping.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Russtifinko wrote:JJJ, you're partly correct. I'm suspicious because of his behavior, but not because of what He's been doing the past two D/N cycles. He was playing completely normal (compared to other players - not his meta, which I know nothing about) until the end of D4, at which point he said a number of things (will pull upon request) that read extremely scummy to me. Basically any of his posts at that time seem awful to me, so pick a few to read. I came after him, and he's been chaos posting since. It's not the chaos posting that gets me, it's the D4 posts and then the sudden style change when I brought it up.

Understand that you're asking a person who spent the final two or three hours of Day 2 in total chaos mode to critically assess someone else who went into chaos mode. This would be easier for me to discuss with you if you'd reference a specific post that pinged you so strongly. I'll try at least one I guess, but I really have no idea what specific posts you're talking about.
MacDougall wrote:Should I just vote somewhere else so we have a lynch coin flip? I feel like that'd be fun.
Here's a post that might strike certain people as a scumtell I guess. He was behaving like a goofball quite intentionally, and things like this read to me like a player trying to work the thread into a frenzy to inspire reactionary content and affect his own standing in the game on purpose. Like I did on Day 2.

I need you to show me specific posts though or this conversation will be inherently limited.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I've told you why twice now. You made a rebuttal, but I don't agree with your points.
True.

I think I keep forgetting this happened because it's been drowned out by the more recent one-liner duel.

I have a decent understanding of why Epignosis wants to lynch Mac.
Rico raised this point and I don't think it's being talked about enough:

bcornett24
FZ. (19), Sorsha (21), Epignosis (26), bea (27), Golden (36), Long Con (38) 16%

Everybody in here except me is dead. Everybody in here except Long Con is a dead civilian.

Long Con wasn't being saved by his team. His team, if paying attention, was orchestrating business elsewhere. You kind of poo-pooed my idea that Long Con was setting up a scheme (and you still maintain he was just trying to get something going on bea, which, I don't agree with: bea doesn't get lynched Day 1. People like playing with her too much). This was a ruse, one that has gained plenty of mileage.

Long Con
Choutas (12), sig (16), seaside (17), DrWilgy (18), motel room (31), bcornett24 (32), JaggedJimmyJay (34), Russtifinko (35) 21%

Every last one of these is alive. If Long Con wasn't being saved, then was he being thrown under the bus?

Or did his teammates scatter, hedging their bets.

I just don't understand why you think MacDougall, who smelled so good after the Long Con lynch according to you, suspected Long Con but didn't actually vote for him.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

seaside wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
seaside wrote:you know the rules of this game
I didn't even know until now that the rules of this game are relevant to what you're saying. I don't have X-ray vision into your head.
you are better than this, don't tell me that you have been making this multi paragraph responses to people and you havent considered something so obvious.
was it you who i saw earlier who said something about 'the evidence we have in this thread' like that is all we should be going off here? we gotta have some trust, if you don't think i'm scum, why not try a little trust?
What game is seaside even playing? I don't understand at all, and I don't like these riddles.
Choutas wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Gonna GTH the whole mafia team without thinking about it a ton (can't at work):

Black Rock
Diiny
Choutas
motel room
Metalmarsh89
Russtifinko (I know this contradicts my prior thing, oh well)
I was OK for five days and five nights straight and now I'm mafia without a single post as to why I am one.

JJJ you're trippin' seriously you just jumped from a green to neutral read what the heck.
:srsnod:

Yeah, me too. What gives, bro?
Epignosis wrote:"There's no alternate bandwagon, so Mac must be good. Let's make an alternate bandwagon"

:rolleyes:
:haha:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

RadicalFuzz wrote:See, motel, one of two things is going to happen regarding me and J3. One of us is going to be killed, and the other is going to be proven either Light or Near. The impostor, or the successor.

I'm assuming J3 will be killed before I will be, since I've decreased my credibility this phase in any situation that doesn't end in Wilgy flipping.
heh i dont know why we're doing this but I'm down with mythologising the narrative of the game this way :beer:

You sound very certain though.
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

RadicalFuzz wrote:J3, those are my suspicions against him. They're amplified because I know he doesn't believe in playing town like he currently is, however. I don't expect other players to have that coefficient due to familiarity, but I'll offer a substitution. Wilgy stated that he and I play very well off of each other. Has he made attempts to reach out to me in the thread, or has it been me attempting to work with him?
I do grant that you're much more familiar with Doc than I am. This is my second game ever with him. I don't think he's going to be lynched today, but I'll try to make a point of contrasting his content in this game with what he put up in Recruitment IV. Hold me to it.

In fact, you could do your own case a solid by referencing a game in which Doc was town and put forth what you felt was a more sincere effort. Provide a link to his post history in such a game even.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And since I brought it up earlier:

To anyone here who has hosted me, do I miss PMs?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:And since I brought it up earlier:

You did this on purpose imo. You would have assumed a roleblocker was targeting you that night after there was a serious discussion about your viability as the SK and then chose not to send in your kill to throw us off.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

And you riding that reason like a crutch makes me even more sure.

I think it's more likely, by sheer weight of numbers, that the SK intentionally failed to send in their kill. There are only 1, or 2 at most posters that I could see having forgotten to or not bothered from apathy. If the SK is any one of the remainder of the game then it was intentional and the only person who had any reason to withhold their kill would have been you and it was exactly so you could defend yourself this way.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

No. I think Jay would have a low-posting game before you would miss a PM or lynch-vote.

Linki: Mac, Epignosis would still send a PM in saying he wouldn't kill if he is the PSK.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:

You did this on purpose imo. You would have assumed a roleblocker was targeting you that night after there was a serious discussion about your viability as the SK and then chose not to send in your kill to throw us off.
This is ridiculous, IMO. Not on board, Mac.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:

No. I don't miss PMs. On principle. Missing your PMs is like missing the vote or not posting. It isn't playing the game, and as a host, I hate it when people don't play.

Spin that.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And how in God's name would I have known a blocker was going to target me? :huh:
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Ugh, today's too crap of a day to indulge my self upon wave upon of text.

Cheers, Fuzz, thanks.

BTW, what's with all the sudden load of votes for Mac?
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Two possibilities in my mind.

1. Intentionally withheld - Certain to be you
2. Roleblocks cause a different outcome than protection and MP has not addressed this question and I believe quite intentionally so. - Certain to be you

I am absolutely certain you are the serial killer. It's okay, we'll find out at the end regardless. Sounds to me like townies are happy to keep you around anyway.

linki: How is it ridiculous? It's a game with huge amounts of roles, inventions and a literal town roleblocker. Doing that would have been a very easy way to "prove" it wasn't him by doing exactly what he's doing. If I was a roleblocker, I would have targeted you for obvious reasons. I assume many would have.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:And you riding that reason like a crutch makes me even more sure.

I think it's more likely, by sheer weight of numbers, that the SK intentionally failed to send in their kill. There are only 1, or 2 at most posters that I could see having forgotten to or not bothered from apathy. If the SK is any one of the remainder of the game then it was intentional and the only person who had any reason to withhold their kill would have been you and it was exactly so you could defend yourself this way.
This makes no sense. I, as a serial killer, win by killing everybody. You're saying I would refrain from doing that...because somehow I arrive at the conclusion that that particular night I'm going to be blocked, so that I could set up this elaborate defense?

Someone please show this gentleman to Dorthea Dix.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mac, you voted for thellama73 on the day when Long Con was lynched.

During the GTH reads, you labeled llama as "good".

Why?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

No. I think Jay would have a low-posting game before you would miss a PM or lynch-vote.

Linki: Mac, Epignosis would still send a PM in saying he wouldn't kill if he is the PSK.
I've missed two lynch votes in my career. One because of traveling (I was literally five minutes late- stupid computer took forever to boot), and a recent one you know about. :suspish:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:linki: How is it ridiculous? It's a game with huge amounts of roles, inventions and a literal town roleblocker. Doing that would have been a very easy way to "prove" it wasn't him by doing exactly what he's doing. If I was a roleblocker, I would have targeted you for obvious reasons. I assume many would have.
I don't know how you're even typing this with a straight face, honestly.

You're asking me to believe that Epi anticipated being roleblocked and then skipped his own kill because he knew the host post would reflect a non-attempt which he could then use to defend himself.

I don't think any human being on Earth has this idea and then puts it in motion.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Gotham folks.

See you in an hour and during words from their sponsors.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Point at a player who would have "accidentally" missed a PM to send in a fucking rogue night role?

I reckon even Floyd would have done it if he were the SK. It's a role that you get involved and excited in. I would be extremely surprised if it wasn't an intentional move.

linki: Jimmy, you will see that I explained that after Long Con got lynched.
MacDougall wrote:As much as I hate going back on a read Llama and Long Con were there to be lynched and a scum got lynched. Unless we had two scum players on the grill then I'm flipping the script and I have Llama as hugely trusted megatown. If this were an old school RYM game I would role reveal to you and tell you all the stuff I'd learned from BTSC communications.
linki: Metalmarsh, if he sent in a PM saying he wouldn't kill, how does that explain anything? Who said that it was a definite missed PM?

linki: Well Jimmy, we shall see. I absolutely do believe it.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:linki: Jimmy, you will see that I explained that after Long Con got lynched.
I see you suggesting you felt it was "unlikely" that both LC and his counterwagon were mafia.

Problems:

1.) This is bad logic in general.

2.) The counterwagon was bcornett, not llama.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I've missed two lynch votes in my career. One because of traveling (I was literally five minutes late- stupid computer took forever to boot), and a recent one you know about. :suspish:
Oh, that's right. I forgot about that one. :haha:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DrWilgy »

RadicalFuzz wrote:Wilgy you, as a Mafia player who understands the game, are aware of something. Information is king. Suspicions, reads, inklings, any game-relevant information helps town (barring extremes like knowing who Medic/UC are), and every civilian should aim to increase the total knowledge base of the town by giving their information as best they can. Your contributions have been raw vote data, trying to get bcornett to answer a question, and now implying you believe I'm dirty. If this is all you have to your name after six days, you are not helping the town win.

I thought my stance on Floyd was clear earlier but I'll reiterate. He looks bad, for the most part completely objectively. The logical conclusion if he looks objectively bad is that he is most likely bad. I will not be voting for him for illogical reasons. The reason I'm not going over any other players for the particularly same reason as you, Wilgy, is because I don't know them. I'm not going to assume that I know what Roxy believes to be good town play. I know that you're aware of your low contribution, but rather than trying to fix the problem you're attempting a No U, and that's not the correct move for town Wilgy here.

Motel, since you're familiar with the series, let's play a game. If I was L, who would Near be?

Epi, I'm trying to stress that ease of lynching is a minimal factor for my decision making process. Blame me for suggesting a Chinese fire drill, as I did, but don't omit that I wanted a Chinese fire drill onto my suspect in Wilgy.

J3, those are my suspicions against him. They're amplified because I know he doesn't believe in playing town like he currently is, however. I don't expect other players to have that coefficient due to familiarity, but I'll offer a substitution. Wilgy stated that he and I play very well off of each other. Has he made attempts to reach out to me in the thread, or has it been me attempting to work with him?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DrWilgy »

Ugg... It ate my post
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:linki: How is it ridiculous? It's a game with huge amounts of roles, inventions and a literal town roleblocker. Doing that would have been a very easy way to "prove" it wasn't him by doing exactly what he's doing. If I was a roleblocker, I would have targeted you for obvious reasons. I assume many would have.
I don't know how you're even typing this with a straight face, honestly.

You're asking me to believe that Epi anticipated being roleblocked and then skipped his own kill because he knew the host post would reflect a non-attempt which he could then use to defend himself.

I don't think any human being on Earth has this idea and then puts it in motion.
I am asking you to consider the possibility, that Epignosis has chosen not to send in a night kill on a night following there being a serious case made against him being the serial killer to avoid being found out to some degree. I fail to see how this is such a strange thing for you to consider. Especially when he is now using "I never forget PMs" like that's a reason, when he could just as easily have literally PMd the mods with a choice not to kill.

linki: You really should check again, llama had shitloads of votes on him at the time. At one point he was definitely a lynch contender.

Espers agrees;
espers wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:I would say that analysis makes espers look significantly worse.
If you mean his vote, I agree. Assuming I'm right about Russ, and the mafia went with what I think they did, then another mafia member would spread his vote elsewhere. He voted llama after LC voted bcornett, and either way, that's a cop out vote.

linki: Will reply after
i don't agree with this assessment. the tally was tied at 5 each for bcorn, lc and llama when i left, he felt like a legit contender.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Re: [DAY 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Russtifinko »

MacDougall wrote:
Matt F wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Floyd has been going through some shit. Let him figure out the game and learn how to play before you make him regret playing dude.
So you believe I should let him be?

Oh shit, I just came out from the clouds again. Sorry bro. :beer:

Anyway, I'm out for a few hours. I may check the thread out when I get home, if not, see ya all tomorrow!
Defensive when no need to be.

He's barely played on the first four days and making votes is about the easiest thing to imitate. He might be scum, but it'd be impossible to tell. Your reasons for thinking so are based on your own meta.

We should lynch sorsha today based on the fact that sorsha got unlynched yesterday and golden (who is basically confirmed town) was the other candidate along with rico who is apparently unlynchable today.

Sorsha is my vote.
MacDougall wrote:Nothing has happened to unmake her a scum but all other candidates from yesterday look town ergo I am inclined to believe she was saved by le scum making her mega scum like a megazord.
Mac starts off the day using the Duality System (TM). "So-and-so almost got lynched yesterday but someone else did instead, ergo so-and-so is bad." Many people have pointed out that this is an atrocious way to approach lynches. Doing something dumb =/= being scum, but JJJ, if Mac is anywhere near as good as you say he is, he's better than this.

Here is his first attempt at discrediting Golden, who was all but confirmed civ and now is confirmed civ. He also says he doesn't really care if Sorsha is bad, but oh wait, he still thinks she's bad.
MacDougall wrote:I think we really have to lynch sorsha. I feel like it's the key to breaking the game open today. She either flips scum and leaves behind a tasty breadcrumb trail, or flips town and leaves behind a tasty breadcrumb trail. Trusting Golden again seems like a nice way to get another townie killed. We've got a scum dead inside the first four days in a large game. We can afford a tactical lynch. Sorsha is a good lynch candidate for up front scum play as well as being the best possible lynch from a tactical perspective. Short of someone saying "I am scum" my vote won't be changing today.

Sorsha's play being scum is well documented, you only have to look at her recent posts to get a sense of posting nervously as scum playing poorly with a lynch on them tend to do.
Then...
MacDougall wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
bcornett24 wrote:
Sorsha wrote: Explain how me flipping civ is going to help anything?
How does flipping town help? What will it reveal?
That's what I'm asking him. What knowledge does he think he is going to be graced with when I flip town?
I would then look at everyone who tried to keep you lynched over golden in light of the fact that golden had been talking like scum were going to be damaged by lynching him. You town plus his lynch being scary equals your wagon yesterday is full of scum.

Or you are scum and then you look at people who had their votes on the other recipients.
He lays out his plan for D5 already. Again, not a 100% baddie thing, but a terrible way to approach lynches with a closed mind, and something he seems too smart to do as a civ.
MacDougall wrote:If I feel more pressured I can point out half a dozen other things that make it impossible for me to be scum, but for now suffice to say I think you're just overreacting to your possible lynch and jumping at shadows.
Impossible, eh? :huh:
MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:voting macdougall.

Hey, MattF, I might try giving you a cogent Long Con sometime TokyoRose macaronic Map actually understand Valentine. OK?
Hey check it out. If everyone follows you today another townie gets lynched just like yesterday.
Second attempt at discrediting Golden, which seems like something a baddie would have a ton of interest in doing.

By the way, around this time the chaos posting has begun, and he's throwing out names more or less at random. He'll proceed to move his vote around a few times to stir things up. This was before I made my original case against him at the end of D4, so maybe I was giving myself too much credit there. It seems the weirdness was just a new play style. Regardless, the other points in here about what he's said still stand.
MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:optimates sugarplum old macky is back!

MacDougall wrote:Your scum radar sucks and you should post less unless you want the town to lose.
thellama73 wrote:Golden once again blew me away with his civilian play. That guy is epic.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Golden was SPOT ON about everything. I tried so hard to convince him and everyone else...
HamburgerBoy 5939358]Most of the actual IDs were thanks to the rest of the players, especially golden8 who blew holes in both enemy factions on first try.
Before talking about my scum radar, perhaps misclassified should Dusty Spoon to know me.
:clap: Congratulations man. Truly a mafia master.
Tries to discredit Golden for a third time. I didn't notice this on D4, but Golden posted the video above, "Mack the Knife". Predictably, about a bad guy named Mac.
MacDougall wrote:Ok sorry I was a little bit drunk and it maybe magnified my assholishness a bit.

Matt I have had minor pings on you for a few days but it's always been countered by genuine townie reactions. I felt like if I started going random ape shit at you you scum stuff could fall out. Your reaction has been quite genuine so I'm not really @ u m8.

The sorsha lynch bothers me. But with so few alternatives it must have scum on it and I really doubt scum would consider bussing another teammate so it puts me in two minds is all.

I will revisit some more players throughout the day while my boss isn't looking at me hahaha.

I know my change of behaviour comes across as bizarre but it is what it is.
seaside wrote:What does everyone think of jjj, diiny and espers?
Ok I must still be drunk.
I know he was chaos posting at this point, but the above post read genuine to me. At the beginning of Day, he was absolutely convinced Sorsha was bad. Now suddenly he has doubts? Could it be distancing himself from a bad result?
MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:
Black Rock wrote:Something about Sorshas posts just read genuine to me. I'll be surprised if she flips bad.
I uninured agree. I unwarmed don't me in charge buddy! be very surprised.
I agree with golden. He is the best townie in the world after all.
Tries to discredit Golden for a FOURTH time! Again, something ONLY a baddie would have any interest in doing whatsoever.
MacDougall wrote:Image
And finally, say what you will, but this is just overdramatic and contrived.

Linki: And now Mac is coming at Epi with the most ridiculous theory of the game (and that is saying something). He intentionally missed a PM because he knew he'd be blocked? Silly.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:linki: You really should check again, llama had shitloads of votes on him at the time. At one point he was definitely a lynch contender.

Espers agrees;
espers wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Rbzmncaeaei wrote:I would say that analysis makes espers look significantly worse.
If you mean his vote, I agree. Assuming I'm right about Russ, and the mafia went with what I think they did, then another mafia member would spread his vote elsewhere. He voted llama after LC voted bcornett, and either way, that's a cop out vote.

linki: Will reply after
i don't agree with this assessment. the tally was tied at 5 each for bcorn, lc and llama when i left, he felt like a legit contender.
I wish I could verify this, but there's no good way to do that as far as I know. I don't spreadsheet votes.

Why do you think it's so unlikely that LC and his counterwagon were both mafia?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Russtifinko wrote: Linki: And now Mac is coming at Epi with the most ridiculous theory of the game (and that is saying something). He intentionally missed a PM because he knew he'd be blocked? Silly.
*assumed he would be watched, tracked, blocked, or otherwise prevented.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:
Russtifinko wrote: Linki: And now Mac is coming at Epi with the most ridiculous theory of the game (and that is saying something). He intentionally missed a PM because he knew he'd be blocked? Silly.
Pretend scenario:

Matt F is accusing MacDougall of intentionally skipping the SK kill because you anticipated being targeted by preventive/investigative roles.

Simulate your reaction.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't know much about why Metalmarsh wants to lynch Mac.
I've mentioned at one time or another why I've wanted to lynch MacDougall.

Day 5 was when I first voiced my suspicions.

Also, I have commented many times on you two reading each other town, as you have probably noticed. I am certain (at least) one of you is mafia. I keep going back in forth between one, or the other, or both.

Then today, there was your "Don't Lynch List". After townreading MacDougall for so long, you suddenly dropped him off of your list. You said it was a ploy to test MacDougall's townieness. I don't buy it. I think you were, and still are, trying to distance from MacDougall.

I don't know if I can explain this one really, but I do get the feeling from this post that MacDougall is speaking to Ricochet in a scum-town interaction.

Linki: I'm posting this first.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Pretend scenario:

Matt F is accusing MacDougall of intentionally skipping the SK kill because you anticipated being targeted by preventive/investigative roles.

Simulate your reaction.
"Are you fucking serious MattF, holy shit you come up with some stupid shit but this one takes the cake."
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote:Point at a player who would have "accidentally" missed a PM to send in a fucking rogue night role?

I reckon even Floyd would have done it if he were the SK. It's a role that you get involved and excited in. I would be extremely surprised if it wasn't an intentional move.

linki: Jimmy, you will see that I explained that after Long Con got lynched.
MacDougall wrote:As much as I hate going back on a read Llama and Long Con were there to be lynched and a scum got lynched. Unless we had two scum players on the grill then I'm flipping the script and I have Llama as hugely trusted megatown. If this were an old school RYM game I would role reveal to you and tell you all the stuff I'd learned from BTSC communications.
linki: Metalmarsh, if he sent in a PM saying he wouldn't kill, how does that explain anything? Who said that it was a definite missed PM?

linki: Well Jimmy, we shall see. I absolutely do believe it.
I was answering Epignosis's question about missing PM's. I guess it doesn't explain anything.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Well, I've convinced myself (with some help from Mac's behavior)....Mac
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I like my theory about the PSK better.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Maybe he has the option to nightkill twice in one night but must forgo a nightkill the following night.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Then today, there was your "Don't Lynch List". After townreading MacDougall for so long, you suddenly dropped him off of your list. You said it was a ploy to test MacDougall's townieness. I don't buy it. I think you were, and still are, trying to distance from MacDougall.
You don't think I was well aware that I was excluding the player I'd been so loudly town reading from my own public town pile without a word of explanation? You think that's distancing? Do I even try?

I even refused to answer you when you asked me about it because it would have screwed up my ploy. It's not uncommon at all for me to test my town reads like that, especially when my town reads are unpopular. I've spent a great deal of energy defending this guy, so if I'm mafia then I have no idea point there'd be in trying to "distance". That ship has sailed.

I'm doing my best to shake the potential that I am towntunneling Mac. I am questioning him now in lieu of the point made by Rico and repeated by Epi.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Russtifinko wrote:Well, I've convinced myself (with some help from Mac's behavior)....Mac
:beer:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Pretend scenario:

Simulate your reaction.
"Are you fucking serious MattF, holy shit you come up with some stupid shit but this one takes the cake."
Agreed.

Are you suggesting then that the argument isn't as weak as it would look to you if it were being used against you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mac:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Why do you think it's so unlikely that LC and his counterwagon were both mafia?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall, state and explain your current read of JaggedJimmyJay. Go.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Pretend scenario:

Simulate your reaction.
Agreed.

Are you suggesting then that the argument isn't as weak as it would look to you if it were being used against you?
I would say that whether I was town or whether Matt was right. It's a far fetched theory that'd be very easy to dismiss on face value.

linki: I think that it makes more sense that the counterwagons that were being created to disrupt a day 2 lynch would be influenced by the scum to try to save him. As Epi has pointed out, everyone who was on the LC lynch aside from him is dead and they were all town. It stands to reason that the 7 scum votes that were there at the time were being used to try to prevent him being lynched and the townies not on that wagon were likely just being led astray.

linki: I'm certain Jimmy is not scum. He's had too many genuine interactions with too many players. Has too many in game posts with not a single scummy look to me. Very small possibility that he's the serial killer, because his being alive still is about the only mark against him.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Diiny then
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”