[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 306

Re: [DAY 7] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by motel room »

Strawhenge wrote:Wai-wai-wait, so you just wanted me to make a mistake? Why?

You're not making any sense to me right now.

brb work or something
Dont overuse the not-confident\being confused card. That's why anyone pressures anyone. So we can read how they reacted.
ImageImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 286
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

You're dodging the question. What mistake did you want me to make, and if you didn't have a specific mistake, why did you want me to make a mistake?
Literally just some fucking guy.
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Strawhenge wrote:Floyd, you're online. Thoughts?
Sorry for taking a while, reading thread to catch up.

For the question for lack of inclusion, the honest answer is that I'm still in high school and I only go on here during school if I'm sneaky enough or if I've finished all my work.

Anyway, you and Matt F's brought up some interesting points, as has a couple of other people.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
TheFloyd73
The Mark

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Also, where's Night 6?
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 468

Post by Matt »

Straw - I read your answers, and I can see where you're coming from, but I still see it as scummy behavior.

Right now, though, I agree, Motel Room isn't making sense.

MetalMarsh - Honestly, you as well answered my inquiries earlier, however, I am still finding it really hard to reconcile you being a civvie and pretty much giving away your assistant CEO position. To be fair, though, your name should've been last on that list with 3J before you.

I will now ISO Floyd again because he is my number one candidate. However, I may be swayed to vote with Epignosis on 3J. 3J's literal "last minute" grilling of MacD is super effin' fishy, especially after painting him town all game.

Who replaced Llama? Sorry I'm bein' lazy, I'll check front page.
Image Image Image Image
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

fingersplints in the new llama, iirc.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Strawhenge wrote:You're dodging the question. What mistake did you want me to make, and if you didn't have a specific mistake, why did you want me to make a mistake?
Are you kidding mate? Because I thought you were staying away from the lynch intentionally. Because I wanted to force your hand and if you were scum you would already know how the lynches would result so would have to think about how you would appear on the other side and could then read that in your nervousness or your gung-ho-ness or your indecision or your misdirection. You stood your ground and did nothing. You didn't disappear from the thread, I think that's a good thing. You made some leaps in logic, like Matt pointed out, I think that's bad.

The only thing I wasn't counting on was Mac being scum. That screwed with my read.
ImageImageImage
TheFloyd73
The Mark

Post by TheFloyd73 »

TheFloyd73 wrote:Also, where's Night 6?
NVM, ignore that.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

And Matt, I see where you're coming from, wert scummy behavior. If I were you I'd think the same thing. Pretty much, whether for nefarious reasons or not, Jay and mo-ro put me in a rough posish.

Linki mo-ro: Alright, that answered my question. Thanks.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Strawhenge wrote:And Matt, I see where you're coming from, wert scummy behavior. If I were you I'd think the same thing. Pretty much, whether for nefarious reasons or not, Jay and mo-ro put me in a rough posish.

Linki mo-ro: Alright, that answered my question. Thanks.
Great. Now how did I do under your pressuring right then?

Cos I'm less than impressed with this blubbering post here and it's oscar-worthy spit-take
Strawhenge wrote:Wai-wai-wait, so you just wanted me to make a mistake? Why?

You're not making any sense to me right now.

brb work or something
ImageImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

You did fine. What's wrong with that post?
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Strawhenge wrote:You did fine. What's wrong with that post?
Have you seen Caddyshack? There's a scene where Rodney Dangerfield is driving his yacht all crazy and mowing down rich folk in smaller boats and one guy looks over, looks away, then does a double look with his eyes all HUGE before jumping into the water seconds before his boat gets crushed. This reads like you're acting that guy's scene out for office colleagues in the kitchenette, in that it feels like you're describing your confusion over the top. :nicenod:

At least I'm pretty sure that's Caddyshack.

And on that flowery post I'm out for a bit. Work's over.
ImageImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Well, it was surprising! That not only you wanted me to make a mistake, but that you wanted me to make any mistake. I was just confounded as to why. But now you've answered my question about it, and it made sense.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

First, I'd like to point out that Floyd nominated me for assistant CEO. I was confuzzled by his and Choutas' vote for me during that period because I've never played with either of them. However, Choutas' explanation, while somewhat lame, seemed lame enough to be true. Floyd never offered an explanation as to why he voted me. I think his Mafia team may have told him I was an easy lynch candidate (assuming there were Syndicateers on the Mafia ((and there was...Long Con)) ), so him voting for me would look suspect if he ever flipped.

Continuing on...

I'd like to point out that three out of five of Floyd's first posts contained off topic green. For a guy who's "got this" in pregame, but later has no idea how to play, and starts asking questions left and right about the game, he seems to have a pretty good grasp of the Off Topic button right as he starts even though he's brand new to the forum. But hey, this and the first paragraph are actually pretty lame and are just "add ons" to his real slips, so let's get going on those...
TheFloyd73 wrote:Can someone explain to me how to play this game? I actually have no idea.
This was asked on Day Four after several players were finding him suspicious. Days and Nights have already passed where he has voted for people in lynches and I'm going to assume he's been sending his Night PMs because hey, he was never punished once by MP. I'd also like to point out that later I recall my very first game where I was also a baddie, and I would ask questions just like this to throw off suspicion.
TheFloyd73 wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:Also placing my vote on Sorsha until I find someone more suspicious.
What exactly makes her suspicious?
Nothing big here, but wanted to quote because it's two potential baddie teammates talkin'. I believe later Strawhenge tells Floyd why he finds Sorsha suspicious.
TheFloyd73 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:I must say, I'm confused about the speculation surrounding me.
You're participating in the game by placing votes, but not really by involving yourself in the thread. Why have you voted for Elohcin?
I don't know, I can see it in their eyes (or rather... Text).
My lack of posts is from mental shit going on
Votes CIVVIE Elohcin and doesn't explain. Has also voted for me several times so he has wasted a few of his votes during Day Phases on absolute civilians. Anyone still asking me why Elohcin is civilian needs to pay attention to the game.
TheFloyd73 wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:Also placing my vote on Sorsha until I find someone more suspicious.
What exactly makes her suspicious?
Here's some light reading:
Strawhenge wrote:Sorsha Basement
Spoiler: show
1. Everything in my last read on her still sticks for me. Refer to that if you need to.

2. ...And then there's not much else, is there? Bit of skepticism about the Rico vote, and of JJJ, including some more suspicion of Golden, and, later, a halfhearted pledge to vote for Golden again.

I don't want to get on somebody's case for having a busy real life, since I have one too, so maybe that's the only factor. But my rating for Sorsha doesn't change.
Ah
If Straw and Floyd are teamies, this was a nice way for Straw to further the suspicion on Sorsha without having to hammer it out himself. Just get a teamie to ask and boom, he can tell us why Sorsha is a baddie (although TO BE FAIR, I voted Sorsha like three days in a row)
TheFloyd73 wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Floyd, I have a question. How much of the game have you read?
Do you mean the thread text?
HUGE SCUM SLIP # 1

First, what else could Fuzz have possibly been talking about? Two, I suppose Floyd thought maybe Fuzz meant his BTSC chats, as well.
TheFloyd73 wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:Forgot the poll ends earlier now. Will have to vote soon! Probably won't stick with Russ since he's unlikely to be lynched today. I still don't think Sorsha is bad. Will consider a Devin vote more strongly and see if I want to commit to that.
Shall we have a repeat of Recruitment IV old friend? :mafia:
Only difference is, I'm not bad :evileye:
No, surely not
Sarcastically tells civilian Devin he is surely not a bad guy. Also, awesome that Floyd knows how to use the sarcastic text font despite not knowing at all how to play, being brand new to the forum, and never once asking in the thread how to use sarcastic tags.
TheFloyd73 wrote:Also, Strawhenge, I find it amusing that we're rivals on here but kinda friendly on RYM.
HUGE SCUM SLIP # 2

Later on, he says "Whoops not the right word, I actually meant we were being competitive", and yet I don't see how they were being competitive at all. Also, even later still, when I question him about the word rivals, he says "What's weird about that?" Well he also must've thought it was weird to say rivals because earlier he corrected himself by saying competitive. It's all very effin' weird.
TheFloyd73 wrote:Hey, I'm not going to be able to post here for the next 36-48 hours, as I'm travelling somewhere for a couple of days. Please forgive me (blame my parents).
I'll try and post as much as I can before I leave.
Now then, I will admit I haven't PMd Floyd and I don't know what's going on in his life. Maybe this had something to do with that. However, since he was getting suspicion, I find it highly suspect that he was "going to be away" for a few days. Usually when people are going out of town, players don't lynch that player because they can't defend. I had an inkling that maybe Floyd's teamies let him know that, but then again, if this actually had to do with his mental shit, my apologies.
TheFloyd73 wrote:
Matt F wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:
Matt F wrote: I think Floyd needs to be looked at pronto. This deal with him "being gone" for several days after being suspected and saying some very odd things...I don't like it.
Very odd things, would you like to elaborate on this?
Okay
TheFloyd73 wrote:Can someone explain to me how to play this game? I actually have no idea.
You said this on Day Four. Day 1 - 3 you voted in lynches. I wasn't in the RYM thread, but I assume you voted in the Day 0 poll. You weren't punished or ever mod-killed for inactivity so I assume you sent in all of your night PMs...yet you have "no idea" how to play...and that's despite you saying you've "got this" in the sign up thread. That...is odd.
TheFloyd73 wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Floyd, I have a question. How much of the game have you read?
Do you mean the thread text?
What else could he have meant? Odd.
TheFloyd73 wrote:Also, Strawhenge, I find it amusing that we're rivals on here but kinda friendly on RYM.
:huh: Odd
1. No comment.

2. I have preference for things to be specific. Do you have a problem with that? If so, please PM me.

3. Really? How is that odd?
No comment? No comment?! Really? As I said in a previous response to him, that was like my biggest ping. NO COMMENT???

Not gonna quote it, but going to make mention that Floyd votes for Mac then quickly changes it to me. Later says he believes Mac and me (hey isn't that a movie???) are both scum but doesn't adequately explain why he changed his vote. I'm 100% certain that yes, Floyd was 100% certain that Mac was scum.

TheFloyd73 wrote:
motel room wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:My first lack of inclusion was genuinely from stuff going on in my life that was messing with my head. And I will say AGAIN that if you wish to discuss this further, please PM me.
Has anyone PMed you?
No, not about that topic anyway. would you like to be the first?
HUGE SCUM SLIP # 3

I mean, c'mon now. Really? Seriously? For reals?
TheFloyd73 wrote:BTW, what's with all the sudden load of votes for Mac?
Well you kinda sorta voted for him a few days ago, so why are you asking this?

Also, previously before this, makes a post to MacD saying "I'm going to guess you're from Australia like me". Niiice distancing, acting like you don't know where your baddie teammate is from. Also, how in the heck do you guess he's from Australia, simply because he makes a joke about Americans killing people?

Anyway, I dunno. I know he's new, but it's Day 7. Funny, I was lynched on Day 7 of my first game when I was a baddie. I think we've given him enough time to play. :nicenod:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Btw, I'm ecstatic to see that Strawhenge and Motel Room have worked out their differences and are peachy keen on each other again. Wonderful.
Image Image Image Image
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

I don't think he's peachy keen on me. I feel a little better about him, though.

Considering that probably no one will listen to me about Marsh, I'd be down for a Floyd lynch.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Strawhenge wrote:I don't think he's peachy keen on me. I feel a little better about him, though.

Considering that probably no one will listen to me about Marsh, I'd be down for a Floyd lynch.
Do tell about Marsh. He's the last of my suspects, but I don't like how he gave away his assistant CEO position. What are you thinking about the Marsh man?
Image Image Image Image
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

As I've said before, he's had relatively few casing posts, and when he does, they're really noncommittal and piggybacky. And he doesn't post rebuttals either, which is more weird than suspicious. A couple times--once recently--he has directly asked me about why I was suspicious of him, and when I've answered, he doesn't continue the discussion. His entire steez seems to be 'Seem Like I'm Involved.' And I don't like it.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

The reason Floyd hasn't hit the very tip top of my suspect list is because of his newness and his low volume of posts--coupled with the OT posts and the posts that just flat-out don't make sense. It's like, if he's posting stuff like this, it's hard to know if things like this are scumslips or just...I dunno, more weirdness.

But when you frame the Floyd case the way you have, it makes a lot more sense to lynch him than to lynch someone like Marsh, who has provided nothing concrete.
TheFloyd73
The Mark

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Explanation time. This may take a while.
Matt F wrote:I'd like to point out that three out of five of Floyd's first posts contained off topic green. For a guy who's "got this" in pregame, but later has no idea how to play, and starts asking questions left and right about the game, he seems to have a pretty good grasp of the Off Topic button right as he starts even though he's brand new to the forum.
Isn't the off topic button concept pretty easy to get a hold of anyway? Over speculative much.
I recall my very first game where I was also a baddie.
This, along with statements of claiming that certain players are townies, are all prodigious assumptions.
although TO BE FAIR, I voted Sorsha like three days in a row
I'll give you credit for being honest, but crucifying me for something you also did is rather needless.
First, what else could Fuzz have possibly been talking about?
I originally though Fuzz was relating to rules, roles, etc. There's nothing wrong with being innocently specific.
Now then, I will admit I haven't PMd Floyd and I don't know what's going on in his life.
And you haven't bothered to ask? Hmm, I might cut some slack if you did.
if this actually had to do with his mental shit, my apologies.
None taken.
Mac and me (hey isn't that a movie???)
Yes, don't watch it. I could see Mac was going to be overwhelmed with votes via his posts. But your targeting of me makes me suspicious that you're either the SK or No Compassion.
Also, previously before this, makes a post to MacD saying "I'm going to guess you're from Australia like me". Niiice distancing, acting like you don't know where your baddie teammate is from. Also, how in the heck do you guess he's from Australia, simply because he makes a joke about Americans killing people?
I noticed Mac's post this morning was at 6:23 am my time, in which he stated he just woke up.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

FLOYD
Image Image Image Image
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Matt, what do you think about what I said of Marsh? What's your take on him?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Night peeps, I iz tired.

A few notes:

Floyd - Good to have you playing Mafia. I saw you invited a few friends of yours to play in Epignosis' game. Hope you enjoy and whether you are civvie or scum, hope you are not discouraged from playing. This game is awesome!

Roxy - For realz, yo, you come back and I'll make a post calling myself a piece of shit a hundred times over. I'm pretty sure we can catch some bad guys together with the rest of the town! :beer:

3J - Thoughts on Floyd, Strawhenge, and Motel Room, whenever you're not constantly defending yourself from accusations today. Also, are you MacD's scummate? :workit:

Elohcin -

Boy: "Our principal is so stupid."
Girl: "Don't you know who I am?"
Boy: "No"
Girl: "I'm the principle's daughter."
Boy: "Do you know who I am?"
Girl: "No"
Boy: "Good" (walks away)

:haha:

Peace out peeps.

Linki - That's not the first time I've seen someone accuse Marsh of piggy backing and not responding. I think an ISO on him, Motel Room, yourself, and 3J are needed. Btw, I'm not beholden to all of you being Mafia, but my strongest pings so far.

Oh, and I forgot, at one point MacD made a big deal about not wanting to lynch LLama anymore because he found it "very unlikely" that he and LC would be on the same team and be the top two lynch candidates on Day 2. I think a reread on Llama/Splints would be a good idea, as well.

Peace out!
Image Image Image Image
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Goodnight. I've enjoyed watching the faces of Bernie Sanders and Angry Jon Hamm squabbling.
TheFloyd73
The Mark

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Triple J, sorry dude.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
TheFloyd73
The Mark

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Matt F wrote:Floyd - Good to have you playing Mafia.
Your nose is growing longer... :omg:

I've had enough for today, night all.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

What are you apologizing to JJJ for?
seaside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 137

Post by seaside »

JJJ strikes me as scum, there is just something bit different in his tone to normal. Combined with my early theory.
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Post by Choutas »

Matt's big post about Floyd along with my own suspicions of him have made me vote for Floyd again today.
I'll be studying all day. There is footy on tv around 10 so don't expect anything from me today. Tomorrow I'll try to contribute more.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Re: [DAY 6] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Ricochet »

Well, with a 7-6 tally (at least MacBaddie got his counterwagon wish :noble:), I'm glad to see the mafia's drug gambit failed. They probably drugged a player they couldn't build a strong counterwagon afterwards.

Maybe BR was the drugged counterwagon attempt? See below. Even JJJ acknowledged "motel and I" tried to "generate a Black Rock lynch" and it "didn't work out".

---

What does everyone think of that two-page long pressure put on Strawy to vote to save Mac? Worth looking for teammates there? A 50% chance of dying in a lynch tie would have been better than a 100% chance of dying as top wagon - even LC knew that, so teammates could have pushed for that. With Mac surviving this Day, regardless if he'd have been just as easy back on the chopping block on the next Day or not, it'd still be an extra Day won for them - with possibly two new victims (Diiny if civ, SK victim if successful) during the Night.

---
Ricochet wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Bullzeye
Motel room
Sig
Metalmarsh
Wilgy
Russ
Study material for post-flip. :mafia:
So let's go back to this. How many mates do you think MacBaddie (permanent name for the remainder of the game, btw) hid in this for WIFOM and how many did he spray paint on?

---

And now in today's lesson in chronology:
motel room wrote:Diiny
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:If we're not lynching Black Rock, which I strongly believe we should be, then:

DIINY > Mac > Doc
MacDougall wrote::shrug:

Diiny
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
motel room wrote:I could do a black rock vote. Dunno if it'd pick up enough steam
It can if you help me. There's still time to lynch anyone.

BLACK ROCK
motel room wrote:alrighty, Black Rock
Pause for some history search.
Search "BR" and "Black Rock" in motel's post history.
Results: going from "Black Rock is the next major lynch contender, what's the deal there?" to "I could go for Black Rock".

Ayyy

Resume chronology.
motel room wrote:Diiny then
Choutas wrote:I voted for Diiny.
Pause.
Search "Diiny" in Choutas' post history.
Results: "Diiny is neutral to me. I don't know what to think of him and the last days he's been very quiet. Could flip either way." > "Fwiw I'm down for a Wilgy or Diiny lynch. How long for the end of the day? Someone please answer me."

Resume.
Choutas wrote: @all rymers
#Save Macdougall.
In-your-face or foolish-looking-post-flip moment?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:DIINY
---
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I have a very clear understanding in my head of why Ricochet wants to lynch Mac.
Other than stating the obvious explanation - it being my 15 minutes of a Hall of Fame moment of master hunting, would you care to elaborate in any way?

---

Small talk moment:
Choutas wrote: linki @ Straw: I never noticed it Straw. The two players you're talking about are FZ and Hamburgerboy. Hamburgerboy looked good so for me at least only FZ looks like a possibility.
I brought up the idea that FZ or Zebra might have been Take Me the River, since the poll removals stopped for two Days already. If this is true for either of them, try next to think of a role who stopped "waiting for invitations" since N3.

All of this combined leads me to believe that FZ was anything but mafia.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Yeah I'm not lynching Mac.

If he's mafia then he has never fooled more thoroughly in any game we've ever played together -- and that's a lot of games. He and I have fought so many times and I'm just going to trust my instincts and my interpetation of the evidence.
I told you to buckle up and get your best firestorm coat on. :mafia:

You've had a few waffles in your stance on Mac throughout the Day. How's this for an incomprehensible post, considering you townreading Mac over and over.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:If we're not lynching Black Rock, which I strongly believe we should be, then:

DIINY > Mac > Doc
"I believe we should lynch BR, but if not, I believe Mac should be a runner up choice for today's lynch."
seaside
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 137

Post by seaside »

I was kinda surprised that he was so willing to change his vote. For someone who has been so involved in the game, I'd expect him to put his vote where he though it really needs to be, rather than looking for a possible 'better lynch'. It really seemed like last ditch effort on his part and not what i'd expect from JJJ. I think he would of put his vote on who he really thought was scum earlier in the day and been bit of a leader that way like he normally is.
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Diiny »

@Rico, because Choutas made it clear he was saving macdougall rather than advocating my lynch per se, I feel like it's not that bad that he's voting on someone he said was neutral. I need to look at just how much he stated he liked macdougall earlier in the game though to see if there's any evidence of him finding him town was a reaction to him nearly being lynched to justify saving a scumbuddy or something, which I'll do when I'm not on 3G
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

seaside, explain you voting for me and then citing me as a counter-bandwagon that proves that Mac wasn't about to be mislynched? Doesn't make sense to me
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 210

Post by RadicalFuzz »

I replaced Reywas.

I want to see Wilgy burn today, slightly more so after Mac had nothing to say on the topic.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Strawhenge wrote:As I've said before, he's had relatively few casing posts, and when he does, they're really noncommittal and piggybacky. And he doesn't post rebuttals either, which is more weird than suspicious. A couple times--once recently--he has directly asked me about why I was suspicious of him, and when I've answered, he doesn't continue the discussion. His entire steez seems to be 'Seem Like I'm Involved.' And I don't like it.
There is nothing to discuss. Up until this post, you've given me nothing to defend myself from. I also don't suspect you, so there's been nothing for me to pursue from engaging with you.

Do you think that being noncommittal and piggybacking are traits of a baddie? Case A, look at the man we just lynched, MacDougall. He was decisive and pretty original in his behavior. But hey, he was mafia.

I would also argue that you have been far more noncommittal lately than I have, especially after your behaviour at the end of Day 6. But, I would not declare that as inherently bad. Civvies don't have faith in every vote they make. That is just the way of life.

As for myself, I wasn't 100% sold on Mac. I thought he and Jay were backing each other up (or rather Jay was defending Mac), for them both to be civilian. I thought that Mac was being insincere and inconsistent. Finally the late formation of the wagon on Diiny didn't make sense to me, and I'll be curious to see if it gets pushed again today. Mac was still one of my stronger reads, but given the opportunity, I would have liked to lynch Jay first yesterday.

Piggybacking? I mean if someone makes a case, I'm allowed to agree with it, right? But I've brought my own points forward, and not only that, I brought them forward against a baddie and voted him early. I don't believe piggybacking properly describes my behaviour at all.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Choutas
The Mark
Posts in topic: 254

Re: [DAY 3] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Choutas »

Day 7 rainbow list

Epignosis

motel room
Ricochet
Metalmarsh89
Matt F

Russtifinko
JJJ
seaside
Bullzeye
Strawhenge
Roxy
Elohcin
RadicalFuzz
Diiny

bcornett24
DrWilgy
Black Rock

sig
fingersplints
TheFloyd73
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 140

Re: [NIGHT 5] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by bcornett24 »

@jjj on mobile too hard to quote

The first post where you say that you are not sure what I'm saying, in which I said, "interesting proposition" i was referring to the comment about how much time you had put into the game while on vacation in Sweden. The word proposition was poorly chosen on my part I was simply commenting on your continued posting.

The reason I voted for bwt was because he contradicted himself with what he was saying what and how he expected others to do based on early game rvs.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Re: [DAY 3] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Ricochet »

Choutas wrote: motel room
Ricochet
Metalmarsh89
Matt F
Oh, how nice of you. :beer:

Why do you green motel?

Or MM, for that matter?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Post by DrWilgy »

RadicalFuzz wrote:I replaced Reywas.

I want to see Wilgy burn today, slightly more so after Mac had nothing to say on the topic.
MacDougall wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Because he is obvscum. Bullzeye is scum. Fuzz is scum. Look to the throwaway votes imo.
You got me excited that you actually thought I was scum, but then you don't list me in your next post. I feel neglected. I also feel annoyed that you asked me to put in work on post analysis and then call the result of that post analysis a throwaway vote. Would you rather me ignore the conclusions I've come to?

You are correct, however, that the inverse is true for you. With so many players pushing your lynch that's a slight indication that you're not scum.
Well it is a throwaway vote in the sense that it was alone. I agree with your analysis of Wilgy though. I was just starting to just name people with few votes on them and then decided to look a bit closer. You town. He scum.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Diiny how is it going?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Hey bcornett, feel like answerin my question now?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

DrWilgy wrote:Hey bcornett, feel like answerin my question now?
What was your question? Remind me please.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

bcornett24 wrote:Diiny how is it going?
nae bad. had a nice day. going to see The Martian soon

Tasks 4 u:

Tell me how you feel about JJJ, who was your previous suspect, in light of recent events.

Tell me why you think I'm scum
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Re: [NIGHT 5] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Diiny »

bcornett24 wrote: The first post where you say that you are not sure what I'm saying, in which I said, "interesting proposition" i was referring to the comment about how much time you had put into the game while on vacation in Sweden. The word proposition was poorly chosen on my part I was simply commenting on your continued posting.
Yeah, you commented with genuine interest about a joke theory that J was scum because he was posting despite being on holiday iirc. Do you see why that's bad.
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Post by bcornett24 »

Diiny wrote:
bcornett24 wrote:Diiny how is it going?
nae bad. had a nice day. going to see The Martian soon

Tasks 4 u:

Tell me how you feel about JJJ, who was your previous suspect, in light of recent events.

Tell me why you think I'm scum
I think that there is a good chance that the previous ?????? Is Jay. If he is town he will be killed off shortly due to the sheer amount of content and analysis that he has done. That with his ability to influence how people vote makes him a huge threat to scum. It also makes me extremely wary of Jay at all times. I voted for him the previous day in hopes to get a response but i didn't manage to make it back to the thread to post more stuff. Metal said he pushed for my Lynch all Sunday.

Mac and Devin were my previous suspects, i unfortunately never made it around to doing an iso before he was lynched but we had argued for almost two days with me accusing him off being scum.

Devin had contradicted himself several times and didn't want to defend himself which i felt was scummy. So him I also completed a huge iso of all his posts showing this.

Hmm I just voted for you to see what you had to say, I have not had the chance to go back and check your content. I did have you marked as scum about 4 days ago, but as I had said those were gut reads except for the several I did an iso for. So to me this seems like you are looking at yourself from a scummy perspective.

Have fun at your movie!
DrWilgy

Re: [DAY 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by DrWilgy »

DrWilgy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I think we really have to lynch sorsha. I feel like it's the key to breaking the game open today. She either flips scum and leaves behind a tasty breadcrumb trail, or flips town and leaves behind a tasty breadcrumb trail. Trusting Golden again seems like a nice way to get another townie killed. We've got a scum dead inside the first four days in a large game. We can afford a tactical lynch. Sorsha is a good lynch candidate for up front scum play as well as being the best possible lynch from a tactical perspective. Short of someone saying "I am scum" my vote won't be changing today.

Sorsha's play being scum is well documented, you only have to look at her recent posts to get a sense of posting nervously as scum playing poorly with a lynch on them tend to do.

DrWilgy... Are you tunneling me because I said you were scum in that Jimmy's game? Oh my God, u suck brah.

Not tunneling, just asking and pointing out things of importance. Luv ya bruh <3

Ok then, lets set up a chain of events, based on Sorsha crumbs.

When Sorsha flips baddie, who would you vote the following day?

When Sorsha flips civ, who would you vote the following day?

Generating rainbow lists for both if Sorsha is bad or civ would be a good thing as well... Maybe abit much to ask for though.

Bcornett are you bad?
Image Image Image
bcornett24
Stool Pigeon

Re: [DAY 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by bcornett24 »

DrWilgy wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I think we really have to lynch sorsha. I feel like it's the key to breaking the game open today. She either flips scum and leaves behind a tasty breadcrumb trail, or flips town and leaves behind a tasty breadcrumb trail. Trusting Golden again seems like a nice way to get another townie killed. We've got a scum dead inside the first four days in a large game. We can afford a tactical lynch. Sorsha is a good lynch candidate for up front scum play as well as being the best possible lynch from a tactical perspective. Short of someone saying "I am scum" my vote won't be changing today.

Sorsha's play being scum is well documented, you only have to look at her recent posts to get a sense of posting nervously as scum playing poorly with a lynch on them tend to do.

DrWilgy... Are you tunneling me because I said you were scum in that Jimmy's game? Oh my God, u suck brah.

Not tunneling, just asking and pointing out things of importance. Luv ya bruh <3

Ok then, lets set up a chain of events, based on Sorsha crumbs.

When Sorsha flips baddie, who would you vote the following day?

When Sorsha flips civ, who would you vote the following day?

Generating rainbow lists for both if Sorsha is bad or civ would be a good thing as well... Maybe abit much to ask for though.

Bcornett are you bad?
Why are we back to sorsha, or is this just part of the quote and you randomly asked me if i was bad after?

No I'm not bad are you?
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

My bad Wilgy, I do indeed have short term memory. Mac moved to you as a possible self-preservation wagon and commented that I'm town and you're scum before moving off to Diiny.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Switching my vote to motel room for now.

For those of you who don't like to ISO players yourselves, here's some fun times with motel room lovin' him some MacDougall.
motel room wrote:well ok i voted Mac and Dr Wilgy cos whatever I guess
^---Dusk 0 Vote
motel room wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
motel room wrote:
thellama73 wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about this MacDougal character.
Seems genuine to me so far. What about him makes you feel otherwise?
His overall hostility requires evaluation. I'm not sure I think he's malevolent, but he's someone I definitely want to watch.
I hope a bit of friendly hostility isn't an alignment indicator over here.
Okey dokey
motel room wrote:Matt F's theory is sketchy and I don't why he's so confident about it.

Mac's theory on epi seems more likely and more based in evidence...

>SNIP<

Mac himself has mostly seemed towny to me, up until he jumped off his Sorsha wagon and started pursuing Matt F over what started as a mild ping or whatever he called it. After that it seemed like mac was in chaos mode and was less about "who is scum" and more about "what can I get away with". But I say "was" because I like how he responded to Matt F's accusation - I read some others are using this as evidence against but I see it as positive evidence.
My theory was sketchy (to be fair, it was) but I'm more interested in "Mac's maybe bad but no but maybe and oh yeah a few days later I will do my damndest to get Strawhenge to save Mac and then say I was trying to get him to slip up" ?!?!
motel room wrote:So reading all of this about how Long Con set up this big ol bus seems so far fetched to me. Remembering back to the day he was lynched, he was a contender but not the contender. I'm fairly sure that my return vote on him put him back in the lead and I know I did that from a genuine suspicion of him so I can't really get behind any of these "strategy" scenarios. He may have wanted out and told teammates not to fight it too hard but I really doubt it was a planned bus. My two cents, for the guy who is pretty sure Mac is scum cos of that idea. I still think mac is town.
Second theory in a row that makes Mac look bad that Motel Room says "NOPE NOT HAVIN' IT"

Towards the end of the Day Phase, Motel Room and 3J try their hardest to get Strawhenge to change his vote to save Mac. Later after lynch says he was tryinig to get Strawhenge to "slip up". Bogus. Bogus bogus bogus.

Day 2 Lynch Phase (Long Con Lynch)
motel room wrote:in fact yep Long Con for now
motel room wrote:
FZ. wrote:How is it, that not one regular syndicater voted for LC? How is it, that none of the Rym players don't take that into consideration? Are we missing something here?
I think he's suss but that translated into a vote from me because he kept being mentioned as suss back on day 1 but he was never a lynch contender, which is a thing that I feel scum can then point back at their posts and say "i thought he was suss, see". Anyway I had a vote on him for a good portion of today and he hasn't flinched or questioned it or brought it up, not sure what that says. And now he's lead lynchguy, there's even an unexplained vote from Choutas on him (or well, I havent seen him mention his vote in thread).

So like, I dunno are we missing something here?
At this point, has a conversation with Epi about the Long Con lynch. Epi doesn't want to lynch Long Con, motel room asks why, Epi explains, motel room does this...
motel room wrote:Alright, switching to Choutas, hi
What's hilarious about this, is after the lynch period is over, motel room immediately sets his sights on Sorsha (a civilian) and Epignosis...even though he was quite easily swayed by Epignosis to change his vote. motel room just comes off real bad here IMO. But no matter, eventually when people aren't feeling the Choutas lynch, motel room does this before Day 2 ends...
motel room wrote:getting back on Long Con for now. Not feeling the bcornett lynch, i believed his post just then I guess. Llama, yeah maybe.
Well, at least he got his vote back on Long Con and can look civvie for it.

Miscellaneous
motel room wrote:
Sorsha wrote:For the sake of putting the "Where did they get that Zebra=keterman" questions to rest, this is the post where Zebra acknowledges his previous names on other sites.... its down in the green text by the coffee cup emoticon:
yeah he outright said it. No one reading these posts? Everyone just skimming for their own name?
This is back when Sorsha pointed out my mistake in thinking Roxy and Zebra were on the baddie team together. What's interesting, is before this, motel room doesn't bother to tell anyone "yeah he outright said it", only waits until a civvie lets people know. It is important to note that motel room does previous say "oh Keterman = RBZ" but never stops me from making accusations at Roxy or RBZ because of it...not until Sorsha does anyway.
motel room wrote:
Diiny wrote:Not the time, I know, but it's annoying me. What's the floyd's deal? He's posting regularly on OT as far as I can tell so he's not exactly short on time. Even if he was it's in nobody's best interest to post one off topic thing. Probably some stupid gambit.
I get the feeling he's in a bit over his head, our Floyd.
Nice defense of baddie Floyd.
motel room wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:The thing about Sorsha is the second most pingy one. He was asked directly by another player, and gave a really dodgy response.
truthfact
Lookie there, teamies Strawhenge and motel room bullying poor innocent Sorsha (AGAIN TO BE FAIR I VOTED SORSHA LIKE HALF THE GAME)
motel room wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
motel room wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Guys, my vote is all alone at the bottom of the poll. :(
why were you keen on a Straw vote? I may have missed it.
It's an OMGUS vote.
might be why its all alone then.
Defending teamie Strawhenge
motel room wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:
motel room wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:My first lack of inclusion was genuinely from stuff going on in my life that was messing with my head. And I will say AGAIN that if you wish to discuss this further, please PM me.
Has anyone PMed you?
No, not about that topic anyway. would you like to be the first?
Oh ok, like just from teammates?

I hope your head's ok now man.
Doesn't pursue this at all. Says later he "felt bad".

:sigh:

I don't like this.
Image Image Image Image
RadicalFuzz
The Mark

Post by RadicalFuzz »

Matt you're saying that motel is bad for pushing Strawhenge to save Mac but then turning around and saying they're both scum. If they're both scum why would they risk that open conversation if Strawhenge wasn't going to change his vote regardless?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”