NANANANANANA_BANANA
6%
nijuukyugou
No votes
Sorsha
No votes
TheFloyd73
No votes
Francesca Annis (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
38%

Total votes: 16
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 93

Re: Dune [Day 3]

Post by S~V~S »

Well, Epi DID reopen the poll for me and DID say it was a misunderstanding.

Hi is a gracious host :)

So :shrug:
Linki~ holy cow, you didn't? I think alcohol is a much more pernicious drug than pot, tbh.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 326

Post by Golden »

Mooby?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Elohcin »

I will be leaving shortly for band practice. Please y'all, try not to spread the votes.

linki: Nope, I didn't. :) haha. And I agree with you btw. Pot just stinks, imo.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 18
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

FINALLY caught up. Seriously, if we're all just saying no ;) , then just say no to leaving over ten pages to read in one sitting. Ugh.

While I'm usually wary of trying to get a bunch of people to vote one direction or another (leaving the vote binary, for easy thread manipulation), I agree that votes for sig look forced (yes, I know I'm late as hell to the party and will be commenting on stuff from days ago since I just read three days' worth of posts in an hour). Problem is, I don't have a baddie read on either zebra 2.0 or Golden. A conundrum. I'm here for a little bit (maybe like half an hour-ish) for discussion, though, FINALLY, in real time, so there's that.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quick poll - do people feel bad about sig being lynched because they don't think he is bad, or is it only because of the circumstances?

For me, it's the latter.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 223

Post by a2thezebra »

For me it's both. Also ni, I think town is making this harder than it is.

Golden, Elohcin, or Floyd. Pick one and lynch them. It's not that hard. Golden would be easiest statistically but I understand that most of you don't agree with my read on him so do what thou wilt.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Golden wrote:Quick poll - do people feel bad about sig being lynched because they don't think he is bad, or is it only because of the circumstances?

For me, it's the latter.
Circumstances. I may have had a weak vote explanation last time, but it was a ping from the beginning nonetheless. But the supposed vote forces/manipulation on him definitely make me itchy about it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Yeah, I noticed a lot of suspicion being thrown on Floyd, but people seem wary to vote him (I assume because he hasn't responded?).
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

FZ. wrote:TH, will you vote zebra?
I would but I wouldn't feel great about it.

Linki: Ninja what do you think of Floyd?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I know this is a little less meaningful coming from one of the two options, but I don't think any 'save sig' train comes down to me or zebra... we are only one vote ahead of the pack.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Re: Dune [Day 2]

Post by a2thezebra »

Well you could lynch Luke, too. No civ-aligned player feels the need to say "I don't know who to vote for" this much.
Luke11646 wrote:
FZ. wrote:So Luke, if you're finished reading, what do you think of everything that's going on? Any thoughts? Who do you plan to vote for?
I don't really know who to vote for but I'm leaning towards voting for Mac, he hasn't done much at all recently and I don't know who else I should vote for.
Luke11646 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Golden wrote:Marmot barely posted in this thread for days, and then suddenly appeared when people said it was suspicious. I don't think lynching him would be unfair - that's very odd behaviour for a marmot.
If I'm not going with Eloh, I could go with MM. What's your opinion of Eloh? You said that if zebra 1 comes out civ, you might change your opinion on Eloh. Did you?

What about Floyd?

Linki: Luke, if you go by who hasn't done much lately, there are plenty of people to lynch before Mac. What about Banana, Drac and some others? Does low posting equal being bad in your opinion? If that's the case, does it mean you're bad too?
I don't know who to vote for and I might just vote for someone who isn't going to get lynched, I don't want to miss two votes in a row.
Luke11646 wrote:The poll is about to end so I'm just going to vote for banana, he's only posted once and I don't know who to vote for, don't take this personally banana.
Luke11646 wrote:
sig wrote:I don't like Luke's vote at all he completely avoids both wagons and doesn't comment on either.
@Luke thoughts on MM/Floyd?
I'm new and I don't know who to vote for, I'll get back to you after I've re-read.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 206

Post by FZ. »

LOL zebra. I don't mind lynching Luke. It's not like he's helpful. And like I said, if Floyd is good, Luke knew he might be the one lynched, an only after deadline said he doesn't know why Floyd got all those votes.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Golden wrote:I know this is a little less meaningful coming from one of the two options, but I don't think any 'save sig' train comes down to me or zebra... we are only one vote ahead of the pack.
True. I think that's also in my head because that's what been discussed in the last two pages.
Turnip Head wrote:
FZ. wrote:TH, will you vote zebra?
I would but I wouldn't feel great about it.

Linki: Ninja what do you think of Floyd?
I'd be more inclined to vote him than the others that have votes, I suppose. His self-vote and subsequent explanation Day 1 for doing so didn't look good, and his explanation of "he's baseless" for voting MM was weak, but I'm looking at the timing of votes and it just seems weird that MM and Floyd voted for each other if they're on the same team. I'm not saying that's out of the question (mafia will do anything), but it's also the timing (Floyd voted in the middle, and MM tied it up with him in the middle). Maybe I'm overthinking.

I still want to vote Eloh (my mind hasn't changed about her), and her name is another thrown around without much actual voting going on with her.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Luke or Floyd (though I'm less confident about my reads of them then I am with Golden and Eloh) would probably be the easiest lynches to come to a consensus to that are justified.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Golden wrote:I know this is a little less meaningful coming from one of the two options, but I don't think any 'save sig' train comes down to me or zebra... we are only one vote ahead of the pack.
You know what bugs me about all those who have placed a "forced" vote? You're leaving all consequences to us. Okay, say you had no choice. At least say who you think we should vote for. If I vote for a civ, I'll be looked at badly, while you all escape unscathed from this because you had no choice
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

nijuukyugou wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Linki: Ninja what do you think of Floyd?
I'd be more inclined to vote him than the others that have votes, I suppose. His self-vote and subsequent explanation Day 1 for doing so didn't look good, and his explanation of "he's baseless" for voting MM was weak, but I'm looking at the timing of votes and it just seems weird that MM and Floyd voted for each other if they're on the same team. I'm not saying that's out of the question (mafia will do anything), but it's also the timing (Floyd voted in the middle, and MM tied it up with him in the middle). Maybe I'm overthinking.
But where else would you expect them to vote in that situation? MM voted to save himself, and if Floyd had not voted for MM he may have been lynched instead of MM, with Sorsha still on MM's case the next day.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Okay, I need to go, and I need to go now. Since no one is going to be the one to make the decision here, I'll do it. I'm going with Floyd. I think we learn more from lynching him, then we do Luke. If Floyd comes out civ, Luke looks worse in my eyes, for saying what he did after the deadline last day.

voting Floyd
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

FZ. wrote:
You know what bugs me about all those who have placed a "forced" vote? You're leaving all consequences to us. Okay, say you had no choice. At least say who you think we should vote for. If I vote for a civ, I'll be looked at badly, while you all escape unscathed from this because you had no choice
I don't think that's fair. I have stated who my suspects are for today, but I can't vote for any of them, nor can I tell you who you are to be suspicious of.

I've said I'm comfortable with a floyd vote. I'm comfortable with a luke vote too. Or a banana vote. I also think sig could be bad and I think it's the circumstances more than his actual affiliation that has us feeling bad (for most people). As far as zebra goes, it's risky to claim House Fremen when her first role was Atriedes, for all she knew fremen could have been a team with btsc, so I would prefer not to see zebra lynched, because I think the claim is likely true.

And it is no-ones fault that we are in the position we are, so I don't think anyone being apportioned blame for saving sig is fair.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

FZ. wrote:
Civvie FZ does not care what she looks like, imo.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Turnip Head wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Linki: Ninja what do you think of Floyd?
But where else would you expect them to vote in that situation? MM voted to save himself, and if Floyd had not voted for MM he may have been lynched instead of MM, with Sorsha still on MM's case the next day.
It's probably because I'm looking at straight up numbers rather than the real-time conversation at the time for the voting, but the numbers/timing don't suggest that was the only option. MM had three votes on him before another vote was even placed on Floyd, and that's still only 2 vs. 3 at the time, so it's not like it was a runaway (again, according to the numbers and not perhaps the emotional factor of real-time). But yes, it is the perfectly logical option for MM to have voted for the person with the next highest number of votes to save himself, and a helluva baddie strategy to see that the top two vote getters are baddies so someone can get some civ cred. Am I making sense, or am I being jumbled?

Linki @ Golden - I got the idea that zebra was being facetious with that post, in regards to Epi's warning about role-claiming.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 220

Post by MacDougall »

Elohcin is best lynch candidate. Do her.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Screw it. I'm hungry and I want to get some writing in before trivia. I see FZ bit the bullet and voted Floyd, and while I agree with this:
MacDougall wrote:Elohcin is best lynch candidate. Do her.
(except the second part - that's Epi's job :P ) it doesn't seem like it'll gain traction today. I'd rather vote Floyd than anyone else with votes right now, and I suppose we'll see if that baddie strategy I mentioned was implemented.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 84

Post by Sorsha »

Sorry I fell asleep then had to start getting ready for work.

I'm down for the Floyd lynch I guess :shrug:
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

nijuukyugou wrote:Yeah, I noticed a lot of suspicion being thrown on Floyd, but people seem wary to vote him (I assume because he hasn't responded?).
I've been busy doing class work. What exactly do you want me to specify?
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 128
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

FZ. wrote:At the rate this is going, Sig will be the one lynched.

At the risk of annoying SVS even further, what's her story. Is she just a pissed civ, or is there anything else behind that Matt vote?
Except it looks like it's a sig vote....unless I'm lame? Sorry at work my insider called off and I have to stay over. Trying to catch up npw.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

bea wrote:
FZ. wrote:At the rate this is going, Sig will be the one lynched.

At the risk of annoying SVS even further, what's her story. Is she just a pissed civ, or is there anything else behind that Matt vote?
Except it looks like it's a sig vote....unless I'm lame? Sorry at work my insider called off and I have to stay over. Trying to catch up npw.
You'll see as you catch up. SVS originally voted Matt but was actually, well, it's up for debate.
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 37
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

I'm don't really think that sig is scum, but I'm pretty much gonna vote for him to save myself.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

FLOYD
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I voted matt initially, because I think he is bad. i think he is MMs teammate, tbh.

BUT then our gracious host helped me to see the error of my ways, and helped me out of a potentially fatal mess :D

So why the debate? The HOST let me change my vote. The host does not generally collude with people. I am not sure how/why anyone could try to make this seem like anything other than what it was.
Luke11646
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Luke11646 »

I'm voting banana because he hasn't posted much and I don't know who to vote for
If you can't fix it with duct tape, your not using enough duct tape.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And I know you guys are trying to save sig, but really you should consider votes for Matt or FZ next time.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Yea.....I caught that. I'd rather luke than floyd. I am struggling to see him bad twice in a row, but I guess it's not imposisble.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Ok. Floyd it is then. I hope he's bad in that case...
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Luke11646 wrote:I'm voting banana because he hasn't posted much and I don't know who to vote for
Wow :|
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 218

Post by Matt »

S~V~S wrote:I voted matt initially, because I think he is bad. i think he is MMs teammate, tbh.
:faint:

I'm not MM's teammate. Why do you think I am?
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Luke11646 wrote:I'm voting banana because he hasn't posted much and I don't know who to vote for
Another one for my collection, thank you Luke!
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

AND IT'S DAY 3.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@Matt~ this:
S~V~S wrote:It is possible. Although in Mafia structure, the Emperor could be another baddie, since he was against both Atreides & Harkonnen. It actually makes more sense, now that I am thinking about it, for him to be bad than for him to be indy. Although both night kills were house Harkonnen. Gah.

I am going to skate on thin ice here and hope not to annoy Skeletor~ based on his role, and based on something I know about my own role, , and based on my knowledge of the book, I think MMs power was as a poisoner. Based on my knowledge of Metalmarsh, I would not be at all surprised if he tried to poison me Night One. And I think Matt knew about it, based on his question to me about feeling safe. And I think he is target painting with both of those questions, the one to me and the one to Sorsha. I had not seen that question he posed to Sorsha, I am glad you pointed it out Bea. One question of that nature, OK, but two?

I overslept and will have to devote time to the other game when I get home tonight, so I am going to vote now.

*Votes Matt F*

Linki, BR suspected him based on something to do with the items, I don't recall exactly. Then she died. I have been frying my own fish, and tend to think sig just "sounds" bad most of the time and gets mislynched alot for it.
Although tbh if I were to be able to change my vote again, i would vote for FZ.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Fucking tie.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 220

Post by MacDougall »

Does anyone not have a scum read on Elo?

It seems like everyone thinks she is a badder, Metalmarsh kept serious distance between them and she somehow got zero votes.

If that ain't a scummer I dunno what is.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Alright then, let's discuss it then.
S~V~S wrote:@Matt~ this:
S~V~S wrote:It is possible. Although in Mafia structure, the Emperor could be another baddie, since he was against both Atreides & Harkonnen. It actually makes more sense, now that I am thinking about it, for him to be bad than for him to be indy. Although both night kills were house Harkonnen. Gah.

I am going to skate on thin ice here and hope not to annoy Skeletor~ based on his role, and based on something I know about my own role, , and based on my knowledge of the book, I think MMs power was as a poisoner. Based on my knowledge of Metalmarsh, I would not be at all surprised if he tried to poison me Night One. And I think Matt knew about it, based on his question to me about feeling safe. And I think he is target painting with both of those questions, the one to me and the one to Sorsha. I had not seen that question he posed to Sorsha, I am glad you pointed it out Bea. One question of that nature, OK, but two?

I overslept and will have to devote time to the other game when I get home tonight, so I am going to vote now.

*Votes Matt F*

Linki, BR suspected him based on something to do with the items, I don't recall exactly. Then she died. I have been frying my own fish, and tend to think sig just "sounds" bad most of the time and gets mislynched alot for it.
Although tbh if I were to be able to change my vote again, i would vote for FZ.
Up above you have me pegged as The Emperor team, yet you seem to be not sure whether they are bad or indy. On top of that, you even struggle with this decision because it is Harkonnen who is making kills. Now you have me on Harkonnen as MM's teammate. Is that correct? Or do you think I'm on team Emperor?

I don't see how I target painted you. I asked you an admitted weird question, and I don't see how that question has to do with my alignment either which way. That is to say, I don't think you should be able to call me a civ, baddie, or indy simply because of that question. As for "target painting" Sorsha, there was speculation long before I said anything that she may have an info role. I think, at one point, she even comments on how she will probably be dead later that night!!

Also, has anyone answered my question? I've asked it about four times. If you've played in an Epignosis game, does he show failed NK attempts in his night post? SVS, I'm sure you've played an Epi game or two. Do you know the answer to this question?

I ask this because I truly believe no one tried to kill you on Night 1 SVS, or otherwise, it would've been shown. My question had ZERO to do with someone targeting you. I'm sorry I can't go into it more then that, but that's the best answer there is, it's the truth. I still don't see how this target paints you??

Lastly, WIFOM comin' up, but I simply wouldn't ask you a question like that had I tried to kill you. Straight up.

But I'm glad you're looking at FZ, because she's been my top suspect since MM flipped. We can agree on something! :workit:
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

No I don;t have you as Emperor team, i have you on Harkonnen.

And poisoning is a cumulative effect. It piles votes on you. It is not a direct kill. I am fairly sure there is a poisoner in the game because i have reason to be ;)

And Pieter Dr Vries would be the perfect poisoner role since he, um, poisons people in the books. So yeah.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

nijuukyugou wrote:Linki @ Golden - I got the idea that zebra was being facetious with that post, in regards to Epi's warning about role-claiming.
It came before epi decided that role-claiming was not ok.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

S~V~S wrote:No I don;t have you as Emperor team, i have you on Harkonnen.

And poisoning is a cumulative effect. It piles votes on you. It is not a direct kill. I am fairly sure there is a poisoner in the game because i have reason to be ;)

And Pieter Dr Vries would be the perfect poisoner role since he, um, poisons people in the books. So yeah.
Okay, you have me on Harkonnen. Now walk me through how I'm teammates with MM.

Also, how did I target paint you?

Also, would you agree that anyone discussing Sorsha in the thread also had her pegged as an info role before I asked her to check me out?

Also, let's walk through this. I asked if you felt secure in the knowledge you wouldn't be killed Night 1. HOW does that correlate with you being slowly poisoned throughout the game?

I'm finding a lot of fault with your case. Do you also see the flaws?
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Talking to me like I am an idiot does not help.

Personally, I think my theory is flawless. Based on what I know, that is. I don;t know what you may or may not know. The person who poisoned me would have known it failed. And with the semi closed set up, trying to put out feelers as to why could not hurt, right?

Why did you ask me if i felt safe that night?
Luke11646
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Luke11646 »

FZ. wrote:Okay, I need to go, and I need to go now. Since no one is going to be the one to make the decision here, I'll do it. I'm going with Floyd. I think we learn more from lynching him, then we do Luke. If Floyd comes out civ, Luke looks worse in my eyes, for saying what he did after the deadline last day.

voting Floyd
What did I say that is so bad.
If you can't fix it with duct tape, your not using enough duct tape.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

S~V~S wrote:Talking to me like I am an idiot does not help.

Personally, I think my theory is flawless. Based on what I know, that is. I don;t know what you may or may not know. The person who poisoned me would have known it failed. And with the semi closed set up, trying to put out feelers as to why could not hurt, right?

Why did you ask me if i felt safe that night?
I don't think of you as an idiot and never have, honest to goodness. If it comes across that way, I apologize.

So are you saying someone did poison you? Is that what I'm taking away here? I had no idea that you were when I asked that, for real.

As to why I asked you that question, I'm not going to answer that. Sorry. But I'm not MM's teamie and I'm a townie. Swearsies! :beer:
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Again, though, if you continue to pursue me, I'm going to have to repeat the following questions...
Matt F wrote:Okay, you have me on Harkonnen. Now walk me through how I'm teammates with MM.

Also, how did I target paint you?

Also, would you agree that anyone discussing Sorsha in the thread also had her pegged as an info role before I asked her to check me out?

Also, let's walk through this. I asked if you felt secure in the knowledge you wouldn't be killed Night 1. HOW does that correlate with you being slowly poisoned throughout the game?
Image Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 67

Post by sig »

I could really consider voting Luke, i haven't seen his reasoning yet, but the fact he once again voted for banana and not for a main wagon.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 67

Post by sig »

If I survive the tie I'll also be looking again at Blooper/Elohcin less likely to think Elohcin is mafia after today.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”