[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 215

Re: [NIGHT 12] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by DrWilgy »

Ricochet wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:I like the analysis Rico, I have one question though. What about "sinking Sig" looks terrible if I'm a baddie? Does it not look terrible because I'm a civ?
You had absolutely nothing on sig that I can recall. You voted him to backslide from a Fuzz lynch, due to a new perspective on him or something alike. For all I know, you could be a baddie waffling between two wagons you would have known are likely civs (non-mafia, anyway). You backsliding on an highly unreasoned vote makes it even worse.

I think my single voice of Sig may be civ, compared to the many, "I'm gut reading Fuzz as civ" should've sufficed. Simply put I wasn't going to let a lynch that seemed worse happen. Imma case my russ suspicions when I get home from twerk.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 464

Post by Diiny »

Can someone do a Diiny SK case so I can respond? Accepting piles of shit to my face atm. I don't want my inactivity to have cost town anything.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

DrWilgy wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:I like the analysis Rico, I have one question though. What about "sinking Sig" looks terrible if I'm a baddie? Does it not look terrible because I'm a civ?
You had absolutely nothing on sig that I can recall. You voted him to backslide from a Fuzz lynch, due to a new perspective on him or something alike. For all I know, you could be a baddie waffling between two wagons you would have known are likely civs (non-mafia, anyway). You backsliding on an highly unreasoned vote makes it even worse.
I think my single voice of Sig may be civ, compared to the many, "I'm gut reading Fuzz as civ" should've sufficed. Simply put I wasn't going to let a lynch that seemed worse happen. Imma case my russ suspicions when I get home from twerk.
No comprende.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

How do I look 'awful', MM?
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Oh... I will go through and quote for reference what I need to when I get off if you want.

I was stating that I think. I called sig civ twice only (if that), compared to at least 3 or 4 times of saying that I sae Fuzz as civvy Fuzzypockle
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Diiny wrote:Can someone do a Diiny SK case so I can respond? Accepting piles of shit to my face atm. I don't want my inactivity to have cost town anything.
I don't have a fully baked case, I admit. Time is short for me, until later this evening, maybe I'll have time to analyse some more, maybe not and I won't live either - so how 'bout you don't kill me? :p

Without having had a kill power, my experience of being an indy back in a previous game was not having one goddamn clue where my vote would land - it led to my lynch, too. Maybe you're better than that, who knows, but you've only lynched Floyd and most of your other votes (Llama on D2? me on Day 3? that banter vote on Golden Day 4? two Days on Fuzz and Wilgy each, recently) look like trying to grasp at something, but not quite reaching it. If you are SK, your game, otherwise, was laudably blendy and low on pinges, no doubt about that.

Your "please don't turn my inactivity into something that could cost town" is a good defense, but I think we're past that. I don't think there are any other candidates for an SK snoozer on Night 5 left. Epig was pretty logical in bringing this up - an SK would have no interest to miss a kill event, except if maybe he had absolutely no means to NOT miss a kill event. You fit the best in this category.

Bottom line, me discounting you as possible mafia (because of that D6) puts you in the SK corner likelihood. If Russ' wouldn't have completely complicated my calculations, it would have been simple deduction.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DrWilgy wrote:Oh... I will go through and quote for reference what I need to when I get off if you want.

I was stating that I think. I called sig civ twice only (if that), compared to at least 3 or 4 times of saying that I sae Fuzz as civvy Fuzzypockle
"My sig vote is civvish, because I townread civ less times than I did Fuzz"

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

"My Sig vote should be understandable, because I feel like I voiced my stronger opinion of Fuzz via quantity."
Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

"I voiced my stronger opinion of Fuzz (being civ) via quantity, so I went on the other wagon, that I didn't voice any strong suspicion on."

Com'on Wilgyson.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Ricochet wrote:
Diiny wrote:Can someone do a Diiny SK case so I can respond? Accepting piles of shit to my face atm. I don't want my inactivity to have cost town anything.
I don't have a fully baked case, I admit. Time is short for me, until later this evening, maybe I'll have time to analyse some more, maybe not and I won't live either - so how 'bout you don't kill me? :p

Without having had a kill power, my experience of being an indy back in a previous game was not having one goddamn clue where my vote would land - it led to my lynch, too. Maybe you're better than that, who knows, but you've only lynched Floyd and most of your other votes (Llama on D2? me on Day 3? that banter vote on Golden Day 4? two Days on Fuzz and Wilgy each, recently) look like trying to grasp at something, but not quite reaching it. If you are SK, your game, otherwise, was laudably blendy and low on pinges, no doubt about that.

Your "please don't turn my inactivity into something that could cost town" is a good defense, but I think we're past that. I don't think there are any other candidates for an SK snoozer on Night 5 left. Epig was pretty logical in bringing this up - an SK would have no interest to miss a kill event, except if maybe he had absolutely no means to NOT miss a kill event. You fit the best in this category.

Bottom line, me discounting you as possible mafia (because of that D6) puts you in the SK corner likelihood. If Russ' wouldn't have completely complicated my calculations, it would have been simple deduction.
Look at more than my votes. Look at what I've said and how I've played the game. We're all had shitty votes, but look at the content of my posts. I've clearly grasped things. They've been wrong (Fuzz, presumably; brian), but you can see my thinking. I've had clear ideas and when I've embraced cases you can see my thought process. Point out anything that looks overly convenient, opportunistic or blendy.

Town doesn't need a mislynch at the mo.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Wilgy, dude, what the fuck.

I told you we should've lynched this guy.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Diiny wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Look at more than my votes. Look at what I've said and how I've played the game. We're all had shitty votes, but look at the content of my posts. I've clearly grasped things. They've been wrong (Fuzz, presumably; brian), but you can see my thinking. I've had clear ideas and when I've embraced cases you can see my thought process. Point out anything that looks overly convenient, opportunistic or blendy.

Town doesn't need a mislynch at the mo.
It's not necessarily shitty votes - you only mislynched sig and BWT, after all. It's more an issue of loose votes.

Again, I don't mean to project my own experience onto you. By grasping things, it can certainly be true that you did a better job (than the one I referenced), as an indy.

And yeah, "blendy" has nefarious connotation, but what I meant is that, if you are the SK, you have played a very agreeable game devoid, most of the time, of suspicions and missteps. At least in my book. It's a game blend, nonetheless.

Also, "I told ya to vote Wilgy" and yet to moved to MM yesterDay. :rolleyes:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I don't know what more you want than that... Unless you think I should've let the civvier person die. I didn't have any real opinion on Sig, other than that I was soft reading him as civ.

What are you wtfing about?
Image Image Image
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Rico, this is why I think you should read my posts. Look through my PH and tell me I wasn't pushing wilgy hard. I felt good about mm but better about wilgy, wouldn't stop talking to him, and was clear that I was securing mm over motel. What would you have done differently in my situation? Let MM lead by a single vote in a game that will no doubt he remembered not only for poll shenanigans?

Your case on me isn't making sense or I don't understand it. You're calling me suspicious because I was blendy ie don't stand out as suspicious?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Diiny wrote:Rico, this is why I think you should read my posts. Look through my PH and tell me I wasn't pushing wilgy hard. I felt good about mm but better about wilgy, wouldn't stop talking to him, and was clear that I was securing mm over motel. What would you have done differently in my situation? Let MM lead by a single vote in a game that will no doubt he remembered not only for poll shenanigans?

Your case on me isn't making sense or I don't understand it. You're calling me suspicious because I was blendy ie don't stand out as suspicious?
I have no actual issues with your Wilgy switch, I was just poking at you giving us the "you should have done dat" pep talk. :p I don't read you as mafia, so I can't possibly interpret that as wanting to suddenly save Wilgy or anything. I don't know if vote switches are an angle by which to hunt for the SK. It can be, if we're talking a very indecisive indy, but it's not always the case. A good SK can be a consistent one.

At this point, you should probably file the "blendy" remark as a sort of compliment. I'll rephrase it, if you really need it. Diiny, you played a great game alongside the civs, if you are the SK.

Good? Moving on, then.

My case is your N5 missing, near process of elimination of you not fitting a mafia profile and some loose, drifting votes (regardless of how consistent or not they've been pushed) on the statistical radar of the vote tallies.

I really wish JJJ would be around to help me out with the profiling. :scared:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DrWilgy wrote:I don't know what more you want than that... Unless you think I should've let the civvier person die. I didn't have any real opinion on Sig, other than that I was soft reading him as civ.

What are you wtfing about?
You shouldn't have let EITHER civs die, at least as an open intention!

There is plenty more language at one's disposal in such situations. I don't recall how much time there was or how much time you still had, but from what you are saying, a "guys! I don't think Fuzz is bad, I don't really think sig is bad either. Let's lynch [insert player], this is who I think is bad!". Civs don't say they'll lynch civs for sake of saving civvier civs. Civs don't tend to say "oh I'll just lynch this guy over this guy, even though neither are really suspects of mine". It doesn't make sense as a primary motivation for a civilian.

Lynching someone you townread to save someone you townread (more) is either a total blunder of communication and intention, if you're town, or a bullsuit sloppy defense, if you're bad.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

EBWOP: a "guys! I don't think Fuzz is bad, I don't really think sig is bad either. Let's lynch [insert player], this is who I think is bad!" would have been a better choice of words*.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

You don't neeed papa JJJ to help push your half baked ideas. Bake them yourself, you're a big boy now. It's frustrating to know that this kind of attitude could easily cost town a very important lynch.

I'm not mafia because I'm town. I don't seem like the SK (or have played a 'great game' in your eyes) because I'm not the SK. My n5 is missing, and that's what seems to have launched the hordes against me. Read the explanation of my golden vote. Do you think the SK would make himself an stand out like that just in case he mislynches? As SK, why wouldn't I have just picked a side? I don't know what you mean by drifting votes, but if you're talking about me changing my vote that's a sign of me being concerned who is lynched. Concerned about mislynching town moreso than I imagine an SK really ought to care. I want to kill mafia. SK wants to kill mafia and town. I think my posts show the former, and I want you to point out where that isn't the case.

If that's not what you meant by drifting votes, tell me what you did mean.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Yeah, I'm bad at words, because I didn't mean "drifting" as in switching during a phase. I meant they drift (well, most of them) from the core wagons. Yes, I remember your motivation to vote Golden, it doesn't make it any less throwing your vote outside the Milky Way, whilst we were busy here on Earth with the main subjects.

"As SK, why wouldn't I have just picked a side?" How can an SK pick sides as a rogue solitary player? :confused:

I want to stress again that, if it weren't, sadly, for Russ not being who I initially thought he was, I would not have any kind of dilemma in reading you and Wilgy bad - meaning one is mafia, one is SK. Not one bit. Meaning baked cases or not, rebuttals or not, words wouldn't have mattered anymore to me, because the two of you would be bad by sheer deduction.

Here's three options in your "I'm not bad" favor:
1. Sell me your civvieness. "I want to kill the mafia" isn't good enough, because on paper you only lynched Floyd and advertised for Wilgy, who, granted, I also suspect of possible being mafia. This doesn't exclude you from a SK profiling.

2. If not for strong activity and such, give me subtle hints, then, so I can try to pick them up and assess them.

3. Here's an admittedly extreme thought: tempt the SK to kill you, if you're not it. That way, with no announcement afterwards that a bad/rogue faction has been eliminated and with only Wilgy and Russ left in the equation, I would personally have no problem returning to my previous, dilemma-free, deductions and we would no doubt win the game. Honest to God here.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I don't recall you clarifying if you had any means or not to, at least, log in to the site whilst you were gone during N5-D6 - and this is not the first time of asking. Why waffle on this issue?

Yes, it sucks that you didn't manage to show up during that time and that it gets you heat for it now, but it is still potential empirical evidence that the time the SK didn't send a kill would be because he was AWOL. Your prolonged inactivity, considering you didn't react one bit to your own freaking near lynch on D6 (to which the only logical explanation is that you had no means to do so), makes you the likeliest candidate.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Who do you think is SK, Diiny. Mind you, give me a read of any kind, not just a name throw.

And if you'll say me, what qualifies me as such?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I thought that my thinking it was a bad idea was implied on the basis of it being a save.

If I agreed with the Sig lynch, then I wouldn't had even declared it as a save, rather I would've just voted.

Seeing that I had my vote on Choutas for a majority of that day and me vocalizing my thoughts on him, until near EOD, my vote makes sense in the fact that it would've been a waste otherwise. At least with my vote on Sig, I was gambling on my belief that Fuzz wasn't a baddie.
Image Image Image
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

DrWilgy wrote:I thought that my thinking it was a bad idea was implied on the basis of it being a save.

If I agreed with the Sig lynch, then I wouldn't had even declared it as a save, rather I would've just voted.

Seeing that I had my vote on Choutas for a majority of that day and me vocalizing my thoughts on him, until near EOD, my vote makes sense in the fact that it would've been a waste otherwise. At least with my vote on Sig, I was gambling on my belief that Fuzz wasn't a baddie.
You never verbalized that.

You have your vote on Choutas for two hours and 42 minutes, during the late stages of the Day. I don't have an earlier vote from you on Choutas in my spreadsheets.

An hour before voting Sig, you said this:
DrWilgy wrote:Anyone willing to lynch JJJ today? I do not want Fuzz to be lynched at this point, and will save him if needed.
So you DID have an intent to rally people against someone you actually suspected. But then, you went with the save on a player you hardly mentioned, let alone suspected. Sorry, but you willfully contributed to a civ getting lynched, without suspecting said civ, only wanting to save another civ. It is what it is. It would look bad on anyone not saying the magic words "I suspect this player slightly more and also want to save the player he's pitted against", so I'm reading it as looking bad for you. That's my whole point.

You talked and sussed Choutas all day.
You suggested JJJ as counterwagon to Fuzz.
You voted the actual counterwagon instead of Fuzz.

Tell me where the consistency in all of this lies.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hi.

Long ass work day followed by long ass sleep. I've read everything. My head hurts. Who's bad? Let's kill them.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Just one question:

Why are we so completely certain that this mislynch wasn't caused by Drugs on motel room and Blind on Marsh? I am being asked to trust a player that I felt was 95% bad last phase and also survived a lynch via shenanigans. Help me.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Note: If Epi's 0 post theory is gospel (I do think it's logical), then that can still implicate Wilgy and Diiny. And if Wilgy is a SK candidate then that opens the door for Russ as a mafia candidate -- within the framework of Rico's web.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Just one question:

Why are we so completely certain that this mislynch wasn't caused by Drugs on motel room and Blind on Marsh? I am being asked to trust a player that I felt was 95% bad last phase and also survived a lynch via shenanigans. Help me.
That's a complex scenario you've offered.

There's probably simpler ones.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

That's a complex scenario you've offered.

There's probably simpler ones.
Occam's Razor is not a valid concept of logic and I don't like trusting it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Note: Bullzeye's only semi-meaningful contribution beyond self-defense over the last few cycles of his lifespan was to consistently toss shade at Russ. It doesn't look like deliberate distancing to me -- it looks like forced b/s to satisfy people's demands for content. Russ was not an uncommon target for shade.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

And I can't really be 95% bad. It's either 100% or 0%. :P

Linki: Well you're suggesting a theory that satisfies your suspicion rather than one that seems probable.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Because the shenanigans have an answer, that can be a very certain one, in MM being a certain role. Which is a civilian role.

Because MM being that certain role was proven to me due to the shenanigans. Why is that lynch result a certain proof for me of MM being that role? Reasons.

Because MM implying he didn't want to be lynched adds to the certainty for me, due to context, which is that he didn't want to face exposure.

I'd also add that I have my doubts Drugs is still alive, hence that anyone was drugged after Night 10. I don't think Strawhenge was bad (implicitly Drugs), so I don't think Drugs drugged and was killed afterwards. However, as opposed to MM's role, I cannot express any certainty regarding any of this.

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Note: If Epi's 0 post theory is gospel (I do think it's logical), then that can still implicate Wilgy and Diiny. And if Wilgy is a SK candidate then that opens the door for Russ as a mafia candidate -- within the framework of Rico's web.
True, but that's why I said Diiny is likeliest, because of the added D6 dimension. The only explanation to Diiny not making any gesture towards his near lynch - both addressing the process and the action of voting in self-defense - is that he was out of touch for the duration of N5 and D6.

Wilgy was not out of touch. The SK abstinence, on his behalf, can be intentional at best.

The SK abstinence, on Diiny's behalf, can be empirical.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

BWT I received semi-clearence, so far, on discussing who I think MM is, but I don't want to feed that info to players like Diiny, whom I suspect. :p
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:And I can't really be 95% bad. It's either 100% or 0%. :P

Linki: Well you're suggesting a theory that satisfies your suspicion rather than one that seems probable.
That's not why I'm suggesting it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Note: Bullzeye's only semi-meaningful contribution beyond self-defense over the last few cycles of his lifespan was to consistently toss shade at Russ. It doesn't look like deliberate distancing to me -- it looks like forced b/s to satisfy people's demands for content. Russ was not an uncommon target for shade.
It was consistent with Bullzeye's prior material too.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Note: Bullzeye's only semi-meaningful contribution beyond self-defense over the last few cycles of his lifespan was to consistently toss shade at Russ. It doesn't look like deliberate distancing to me -- it looks like forced b/s to satisfy people's demands for content. Russ was not an uncommon target for shade.
Dunno about shade, but I think Russ was not an uncommon target for being suspected (Epignosis, fingersplints). If Bullzeye throwing darts at Russ coincides, more or less, with those players suspecting Russ, it can be a well-adjusted distancing.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Just realized something. If Drugs did effect the Devin lynch way back when, then HamburgerBoy must be civilian.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:And I can't really be 95% bad. It's either 100% or 0%. :P

That's not why I'm suggesting it.
I understand why you are suggesting it. And yes, the two theories can eerily match. But I have certainty on which it's not your case, but mine. You just have to trust me on that.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Just realized something. If Drugs did effect the Devin lynch way back when, then HamburgerBoy must be civilian.
Ture.

Dunno why, but I have the hunch Matt was Drugs.

If not, then I guess he's still alive, but then how are we supposed to win anymore? :shrug:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:
Dunno about shade, but I think Russ was not an uncommon target for being suspected (Epignosis, fingersplints). If Bullzeye throwing darts at Russ coincides, more or less, with those players suspecting Russ, it can be a well-adjusted distancing.
My doubt stems from Bullzeye's general demeanor. If Russ is his team mate and there's only one mafia left, that means Bullzeye spent days doing this:

Screw this game, whatever, I don't care, I'm going to do nothing but connect myself to my last team mate.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Re: [NIGHT 10] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:If there is one area of hunting where I lack confidence, it's in identifying the SK. I don't have a great history for figuring out rogues, so I acknowledge that any read I provide is unlikely to account for the SK possibility a great deal because it just isn't my focus. Anyone out there is welcome to make him a priority if you think you have the skills to figure it out.

I'm going to write a Letter to the Serial Killer of my own, in memory of dear departed Choutas.

Dear serial killer,

You've been killing town reads all game long save perhaps for HamburgerBoy. You're going to need to stop doing that, not only for town's sake but also for your own. You're digging your own grave if you allow the mafia team to obtain a significant numbers advantage. Eventually they'll overwhelm you simply by virtue of voting advantage. So kill a mafia read already FFS.

Sincerely, JJJ
Hey Jay, when you wrote this letter to the PSK, why did you suggest that HBoy could be mafia?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'd rank the serial killer victims in likelihood to be mafia as follows:

1. RadicalFuzz
2. HamBurgerboy
3. Epignosis
4. FZ
5. Matt
6. Strawhenge
7. Golden

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
My doubt stems from Bullzeye's general demeanor. If Russ is his team mate and there's only one mafia left, that means Bullzeye spent days doing this:

Screw this game, whatever, I don't care, I'm going to do nothing but connect myself to my last team mate.
Well, MM just pointed that, if Drugs drugged Devin, Bullzeye couldn't have remained with his last teammate until N9 at the earliest. On D10 he refused anymore connecting with anyone. He even voted me not to add anything to the lynch progress.

So Bullzeye locking with Russ dates from way back and has several moments of interest. Read my day-by-day analysis and try to answer or analyse the stuff in pink.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'd rank the serial killer victims in likelihood to be mafia as follows:

1. RadicalFuzz
2. HamBurgerboy
3. Epignosis
4. FZ
5. Matt
6. Strawhenge
7. Golden
Dude, you said you read everything. Love for Sale is dead since N11.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, Epig mafia? King busser or what?

Aaand nope, FZ. was not mafia. Trust me on that as well.

Hamburger or Matt, as far as likelihood goes for me. Matt, if what MM pointed out checks out (i.e. Devin being drugged checks out - which mostly, it has to).
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'd rank the serial killer victims in likelihood to be mafia as follows:

1. RadicalFuzz
2. HamBurgerboy
3. Epignosis
4. FZ
5. Matt
6. Strawhenge
7. Golden
Dude, you said you read everything. Love for Sale is dead since N11.
Yeah.

And going back to the drugged Devin on Day 5, FZ. and Hamburgerboy cannot be mafia, because the only two unaccounted for mafia would have to have still been alive Night 4.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [NIGHT 10] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:If there is one area of hunting where I lack confidence, it's in identifying the SK. I don't have a great history for figuring out rogues, so I acknowledge that any read I provide is unlikely to account for the SK possibility a great deal because it just isn't my focus. Anyone out there is welcome to make him a priority if you think you have the skills to figure it out.

I'm going to write a Letter to the Serial Killer of my own, in memory of dear departed Choutas.

Dear serial killer,

You've been killing town reads all game long save perhaps for HamburgerBoy. You're going to need to stop doing that, not only for town's sake but also for your own. You're digging your own grave if you allow the mafia team to obtain a significant numbers advantage. Eventually they'll overwhelm you simply by virtue of voting advantage. So kill a mafia read already FFS.

Sincerely, JJJ
Hey Jay, when you wrote this letter to the PSK, why did you suggest that HBoy could be mafia?
It had been my only hunch for a mafia read among the SK's victims. I first mentioned it on Day 6:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Strawhenge wrote:There's been something bothering me. About Jay. Who am I, Sarah Koenig?

Okay, so, nightkills aren't revealed. There's an SK in this game. That means there's the possibility that some of the SK's kills have been scum. Possibility, mind you. It's also possible they could all have been town. However, there's a post Jay made—and fucked shit if I can find it—where he said exactly how many scum were left.

This could have simply been a slip in forgetting that the SK could have been killing scum without us knowing about it. It could also have been a scumslip.

I'm loath to believe that someone as thorough as Jay would scumslip, but I thought I'd voice the concern anyway.
I've had a town read on the people killed by the SK. If one of them was mafia I'd bank on HamburgerBoy.

But without any real evidence to the contrary, I'm assuming there are 6 left.

Take a stance: did I scumslip?
Epi brought it out later with a little supporting evidence:
Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Epi, could you give a summary of the thought process that caused you to suggest HamburgerBoy might have been a mafioso?
It was a hunch I had while looking back. An alcohol-related hunch surrounding these two posts:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 80#p182280
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 09#p181909

These posts in particular struck me as false is all. It was like he knew LC was bad but had to find a way to lynch someone else (bwt).
I thought it was a decent chance, but I never thoroughly looked into the idea.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:Dude, you said you read everything. Love for Sale is dead since N11.
I also said my head hurts. Give poor JJJ a break. :why:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Another note from Day 5: Marsh had his vote on espers, who finished with 8 visible votes.

Devin finished with 6 visible votes.

Devin died. Chew on that as it pertains to your Marsh read.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I do realize that part. I recall Epignosis suggesting that HBoy was mafia, and you agreeing it is possible.

But if you want the PSK to nightkill mafia instead of civilians, I think he'd be more likely to do so if he thought there were more mafia. Suggesting that HBoy was mafia would give him the idea (especially if he thinks you're a civilian) that mafia's numbers are actually dwindling, and that he still needs to kill civilians.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Another note from Day 5: Marsh had his vote on espers, who finished with 8 visible votes.

I did. It changes nothing. Who MM votes has nothing to do with who MM is. Are you thinking Blind again? :confused:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Another note from Day 5: Marsh had his vote on espers, who finished with 8 visible votes.

Chewing away. What do you take away from this event?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”