[END] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

How would you rate Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)?

5 stars
45%
4 1/2 stars
20%
4 stars
20%
3 1/2 stars
No votes
3 stars
No votes
2 1/2 stars
No votes
2 stars
No votes
1 1/2 stars
No votes
1 star
5%
0 stars (I didn't play!)
10%

Total votes: 20
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: [DAY 14] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by Russtifinko »

Oh! And just to be sure MM gets to see that, I rescind my permission for Day 14 to end early.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1041

Post by Ricochet »

Morning. Fell asleep again. Grabbing my cup of Pepsi and making myself an omelette and will reply afterwards.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Day 14 continues.
And the heat goes on. :workit:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 959
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Russtifinko wrote:(1) I played the worst baddie game in history, bussing teammates left and right when it stopped me from using my role power and made no sense to do so. Rico also played a pretty terrible game as a civ.
Russtifinko wrote:(2): Rico played a prototypical baddie game where he bussed teammates only when he thought it was absolutely necessary, and did an damned impressive job keeping us guessing up until this point. I played a pretty solid civ game with a few notable holes (e.g. tunneling motel and missing Floyd). You guys can decide which is more likely.
I'm not buying what you're selling Russ. You and Ricochet are in the exact same scenario right now, with the only difference being your role. Yet it's amazing the difference in outlooks you've provided in these two alternative possibilities here.

You have done an impressive job to make it to this point in the game, whether you are civ or mafia. I'm just certain that you are drugging us all you bastard. :mafia:

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:Morning. Fell asleep again. Grabbing my cup of Pepsi and making myself an omelette and will reply afterwards.
Pepsi doesn't go well with omelette. Image

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Morning. Fell asleep again. Grabbing my cup of Pepsi and making myself an omelette and will reply afterwards.
Pepsi doesn't go well with omelette. Image
Everything must go well with Pepsi in the morning or else I won't go well with anything.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

There is water underground.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Russ' first post

Ok, so as soon as I started since the name Wilgy popping up and Russ making Rico-Wilgy connections, I started wondering what? huh? que-ce que c'est? Is Russ making a case on me and Wilgy teammates? How does he know Wilgy was bad? How can you make a baddie interaction projection when neither members have flipped visible to the thread as such?

If the general equation is that TWO people in a group of A, B and C are the last two baddies and B gets eliminated and no bad faction (SK or Mafia) was eliminated, it does not result that B was bad. This must be some kind of a bad fallacy. It also makes me think that, in the likelihood of Wilgy being bad, which Russ would know as mafia, he's skipping logic and doing these projections.

Ok, so basically my brain started looking for Russ' reason for building this angle, since it's so illogical ("distancing from a player that... I'm not even saying is bad or am able to say so?") and oh here it is
Russtifinko wrote:I realize it looks like I harped on the Wilgy thing a lot here. I realize that a connection to Wilgy in and of itself is not the strongest part of my case. However, I fixated on it a bit because it's just mind-boggling to me that his case on me is "You voted with Wilgy to get 3 baddies" when, if you count the one-off nothing vote as "with Wilgy", 6 times! (5 if you don't count it). He got one baddie, but again, he's awful proud of it. Two of the other times he voted for Wilgy, and not once did he voice any nervousness about voting repeatedly with a guy who ostensibly remained a suspect all game long but was never pursued. To reiterate, his case is "Russ voted with Wilgy to kill baddies 3 times and has no other similarities with Wilgy", while his own votes show a relation to Wilgy a remarkable 75% of the time Wilgy was alive.
Russtifinko wrote:his case on me is "You voted with Wilgy to get 3 baddies" when, if you count the one-off nothing vote as "with Wilgy", 6 times! (5 if you don't count it).
Stop fixating on a case that you either clearly don't understand or you intentionally misinterpret! I've explained already the purpose of my end of Night 12 analysis and you keep being one-note about it. I did not make the end of Night 12 vote analysis to reach such a conclusion, as the one you state. I did not reach any conclusion off of it, so how can you say it's "my case on you". I can't reach a conclusion in an analysis that is about how extremely difficult it is to reach a conclusion in this analysis. Snake eating its own tail faulty logic.

If this is really your actual angle, then it's completely flawed or intentionally misconstrued and you need to go revise your entire Wilgy angle post or it doesn't count for anything.

So yeah, I see no incentive for the moment to reply to this post bit by bit, because:

a) it projects a baddie interaction (distancing) between two players in which none have been proven to be bad
b) it stems from reflecting back on me what Russ believes to have been a conclusion of an analysis I did, in the same terms, on him, but that was neither an actual conclusion, nor was that my entire case, throughout the game, on what would make Russ look bad

You can't build such a case unless you're skipping logic or are nefarious with good intent.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ok, the next post at least has a confirmed baddie in the equation (Mac), so there's reason to offer rebuttals here. It's way more undercooked than the Wilgy interaction angle, however, and here's why:
Russtifinko wrote:4:21am on Tesday, Oct 13, soft defense of Mac from Golden (and a criticism of a towered of JJJ thrown in for good measure)
Russtifinko wrote:Less than an hour later, 2:01pm Tuesday, Oct 13th, soft defends Mac from Golden again:
Asking people to justify their votes towards a player is soft defending, once that player flips mafia. Tinfoil. Probably meant to serve your smear intentions.
Russtifinko wrote:1:19pm on Tuesday, Oct 13th, suspects Macdougall, or at least the point I brought up about Mac saying lynching townies is ok:
I can't remember off the top of my head who acted surprised or was wary of MacDougall's Sorsha lynch mentality first, but yeah, what you quoted was exactly me being unnerved by Mac suddenly bringing up such an argument on the table. It's a normal reaction.
Russtifinko wrote:Day 5, he spent a lot of time defending Mac from Matt F's theory, which I think we can now all agree was baloney but was actually getting some amount of heat onto Mac.
Again, not defending as much as keeping grasp on logic when assessing what suspicions in the thread are based on. Matt's SK theory on Mac did not hold much ground, which even you agree on. The interpretations that it was "defending" and "desire to get heat off a baddie" are just convenient post-flip misconstruing on this. Even JJJ, on Day 6, despite his strongest townread on Mac, criticised him at a point when Mac had gone off rails with a theory not making sense, making JJJ say "nope, that's a stretch and I can't work with that or accept it". Does it make him bad? No, it makes him having followed logic in assessing what is thrown in the talk bowl. Same as I did. I never accepted or hunted Mac for Matt's angle, so how can this say anything of me being bad or not?
Russtifinko wrote:Day 6, however, he was suddenly second to hop on the lynch train.
Here's where I think you get a bit slimey. You only interpret only the timing of my vote, but disregard everything I did on that Day. I did not "hop on a lynch train". I pushed that lynch train further from where it was stationed, since the previous Days, as soon as that Day phase broke. This is entirely incompatible with you claiming I judged a right timing when to hop on a bus to squash Mac as a teammate.

Not to mention, my 100% turn on lynching Mac D6 has a clear explanation to anyone who can figure it out, just like my 100% turn on lynching Diiny and you D13 has the same explanation. And it ain't no switcherooing. It ain't no cozy blending. It ain't no fooling around.

For a player who accused me of baseless accusations, you sure removed all the base from my D6 hunt on Mac down to being a bunny hopping on his lynch. Actually, you removed everything. :confused:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Russtifinko wrote:Maybe "do it fast and hard" is a bit dramatic there, since Rico only actually truly bussed once. I got a little caught up in the case, and I rescind it. To clarify, I think he lightly bussed Wilgy and truly bussed Mac when it was clear Mac was going to go down within the next 1-2 days for the credit.
Rico bussed Wilgy requires confirmation or an actual case from you on Wilgy being bad. Where is that knowledge or where did you extract it from?
Russtifinko wrote: Keep in mind, Rico also only voted a baddie who had an actual chance to be lynched on one even Day. If he's Drugs, that makes good good sense.
It doesn't make any sense. The first sentence is not entirely true, because Mac being up for lynch was not a given until on D6 (to which, ahem, I contributed) and because Mac still had a counterwagon shot of surviving until the bitter end of that D6. The Drugs association in the second sentence makes no sense.
Russtifinko wrote: I think there's plenty to go on here, but if I had more time I'd do a more extensive analysis of his recent stuff, like how I think he's using credit from the Diiny lynch to present himself as civ and win your trust so he could have a shot at winning in exactly this lylo situation.
My call on Diiny, just like my call on Mac, is precisely the proof by which the others should trust me and to carry on with the plan in order for town to win this lylo.
Russtifinko wrote: Further evidence he's trying to ride the cred wave: his case on me is about as lazy and weak as you can get for a guy who's written 25 pages of stuff in a game.
Same faulty argument as it ever was. If you're so desperately cling on to it, it's lazy and weak on your behalf.
Russtifinko wrote: I'm gonna close here because I desperately need to sleep, but I'll say this to JJJ and MM as a final point
Can't help noticing JJJ is finally back in the circle of people you care about. Back 6 or 7 hours ago it was "MM's vote is the only one that matters.
Russtifinko wrote: You both know Rico and I to some extent as mafia players. To me this comes down to one of 2 theories: (1) I played the worst baddie game in history, bussing teammates left and right when it stopped me from using my role power and made no sense to do so. Rico also played a pretty terrible game as a civ.
Sorry, but that's not true. I think you played an excellent baddie game by king bussing. Yeah, I get what you're saying, I'm not insensitive to someone using the "would I be this dumb" argument, even I used it when faced with accusations about hard defending LC or going cannibal on Mac as my own teammate.

On the contrary, you did not do dumb moves. You did the right moves that, should this lylo be between vanilla (or lesser powered civs) and mafia, would make it genuinely touch to assess whether you are the last baddie or not. As hard as it kinda was back in Watchmen, in fact (although back there you mostly coasted on good looks to finish the job as SK).

Just like with Diiny, I will say the same to you: it is unfortunate that your game crumbled due to role deductions leaving only you as possible candidate. But it's also a misfortune of leaving Deductions Man survive for so long as to have it all figured out. Which is what I've been here to do, in a decisive way, since N12. It is what it is, it's no less part of how a mafia game can unfold.

Also, the night skips stopped everyone from using their role power. No reason to victimise yourself or anyone else.
Russtifinko wrote: Or (2): Rico played a prototypical baddie game where he bussed teammates only when he thought it was absolutely necessary, and did an damned impressive job keeping us guessing up until this point. I played a pretty solid civ game with a few notable holes (e.g. tunneling motel and missing Floyd). You guys can decide which is more likely.
What's stopping me from playing the "how dumb would I be, as baddie, to have never bussed Floyd and Bullzeye when I had potential decisive votes on them" card, just like you did?

Besides, this "bussing only when necessary" theory does not hold ground, because bussing c/would have been necessary on the Day LC was lynched, on the Days Floyd was near lynched or lynched and on the Day Bullzeye was lynched. Those were, in fact, more predictable lynches than Mac was on D6, so in theory a bussing would have been required on any of these more than on the only bussing you accuse me of having done.

It's hard to hold on to the ground. :workit:
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 1491
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Look at them, fighting for my love.

Still at work.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Yup, my vote's not moving. Russtifinko is definitely bad, and the final one.
Marsh, could you point to the moment in Russ's posts which inspired this confident statement from you? You've been at least entertaining alternative possibilities, so I'd just like to see what pushed your confidence to this level.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Quick reply as I'm headed out the door to work. Rico, the idea that Wilgy isn't proven bad is a major point in your posts above, but you yourself started from this assumption in your case on me earlier today. Make the assumption or don't, but don't say you can make it to case me and I can't make it to case you. You've also made the assumption (as has MM) that Drugs is the final baddie role, so I went from that starting point as well. Doesn't make it true, but since you and MM are free to assume it, don't tell me doing so makes me bad.

Alternative possibilities: HamburgerBoy was bad, or both you and JJJ are. I find those both substantially less likely than that Wilgy was, as I think everyone not trying to use the point to kill me does.
Ricochet wrote:My call on Diiny, just like my call on Mac, is precisely the proof by which the others should trust me and to carry on with the plan in order for town to win this lylo.
What??????? Again, this is EXACTLY my point. EVERYONE wants the SK dead, so the fact that you helped get him says nothing whatsoever about your alignment. That you're presenting it as such is ludicrous and you know it. And your Mac "call" was one baddie in a game with 7. What do you want, a medal?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Russtifinko wrote:Day 2, he voted Wilgy alone. To me, that vote looks super bad for two reasons, and I'm surprised I didn't see it before. I wasn't looking all that closely at Rico, and it's looking to me now like I should have been. (1) It was obviously a nothing vote, in a very tight lynch where we ended up getting a baddie. That looks bad in and of itself, but (2) it was on Wilgy, which looks like one of the best chances for a meaningless distancing vote I've seen. If Wilgy got lynched later, he could say "Oh, look, I suspected him on D2, so it doesn't matter that I didn't vote for LC that day." It also doesn't match his apparent Day 0 trust of Wilgy. To be fair, it did come from this post:
Ricochet wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Before any quotes, I'd like to point out an initial suspicion. It never sits right with me when someone claims that they will be changing and/or playing with a different style after role cards have already been distributed. This applies to Rico, and BWT. I'm not going to go back and try to quote the comment because I'm pretty sure it was Day 0. Rico stated that he'd be more zany and BWT followed suit, almost immediately after Rico. I do not recall BWT's reasoning for claiming a more zany (zanier? zaniest? are those actual words? they don't sit right with me.) and would like to hear about this. Also, someone correct me if my memory of Day 0 events are failing me.
I try to make myself clear. I didn't outright claim from the beginning how different I'll play, what I did was explaining myself after the differences were picked up on by others, both in the Day 0 thread and here. I don't know what was I supposed to declar before the beginning of the game, although even in sign ups I gave a first taste of this.

I can't comment on BWT's choice, so far he's not even too focused on this, pulling nothing more than a few quotes, from the same highly popular songs. Epigone, at best. :workit:
in which he doesn't like that Wilgy voted BWT on D1. However, he never pursues this further, never develops the suspicion, and it comes off slightly NO U-y, so it's reasonable to assume he never planned on trying to get Wilgy lynched for it. His D2 vote looks weak as a result, hence my theory that it was distancing.
I think it's fair to say his Day 2 vote for Wilgy is suspicious. Its throwaway placement is similar to Bullzeye's solo vote for MM on the same day in that it was removed from the primary wagons in a close tally that resulted in a mafia lynch.

My problem with this perspective is that you seem to be taking it for granted that DrWilgy was mafia-aligned, and that this vote can then be qualified as "distancing" -- a separate accusation to the one I've just allowed above. I don't know that DrWilgy was mafia. Maybe RadicalFuzz was. Maybe two mafia are alive now and we've been screwed all along. Please explain what brings you to associate Doc closely enough with the mafia team that you'd convey this perspective indirectly in this accusation of Rico.
Russtifinko wrote:Day 8, he voted MM in a very tight lynch - with Floyd and Wilgy. This one is interesting, because barring any influence by Drugs (and it seems most likely Drugs had only managed to drag Devin at this point), those 4 votes look tied with Floyd for the lead but they really aren't, a point which makes his vote look somewhat less bad.
I don't follow you on this point. Why does it look better for Rico to have been in a wagon with one confirmed mafia and another player you seem to think was mafia -- particularly a counterwagon to the lynch of that confirmed mafia?
Russtifinko wrote:He voted with Wilgy again on Day 9, for sig, and then made a nothing vote for Wilgy on Day 11, when we got Bullzeye, which again looks very much like distancing. Day 12 he also voted with Wilgy, who was once again one of his top suspects, for MM, who we now know to be super important.
You think he elected to softly distance from one team mate while a different team mate was lynched? If town credit is the treasure, then I'd think the bus would be more productive -- or at least seem that way to a person with a mafia mindset. I suppose it's debatable.
Russtifinko wrote:He did vote Diiny, and early, yesterday, but he's sure crowed about how civ it makes him a lot, hasn't he? Both baddies and civs wanted someone with 2 NK's dead - it'd be too much of a wild card (and have too high a chance of winning on its own) to be allowed to survive.
Yes, this is true enough. Rico's moves against Diiny on Day 13 do nothing at all to affect my read on him -- both townies and mafia have the same motives and methods at their disposal to hunt for the serial killer.
Russtifinko wrote:I realize it looks like I harped on the Wilgy thing a lot here. I realize that a connection to Wilgy in and of itself is not the strongest part of my case. However, I fixated on it a bit because it's just mind-boggling to me that his case on me is "You voted with Wilgy to get 3 baddies" when, if you count the one-off nothing vote as "with Wilgy", 6 times! (5 if you don't count it). He got one baddie, but again, he's awful proud of it. Two of the other times he voted for Wilgy, and not once did he voice any nervousness about voting repeatedly with a guy who ostensibly remained a suspect all game long but was never pursued. To reiterate, his case is "Russ voted with Wilgy to kill baddies 3 times and has no other similarities with Wilgy", while his own votes show a relation to Wilgy a remarkable 75% of the time Wilgy was alive.
You don't seem to think his case, at least the portion based on your voting connection with Wilgy, is a strong one. His voting connection with Wilgy is the primary basis of this first post you've made to build a case against him. I can understand if you wish to highlight examples of hypocrisy, but that doesn't seem to be your primary objective here. You're casting suspicion upon him at least in part due to his connectivity with Wilgy -- suggesting the hypocrisy might be two-way.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Russtifinko wrote:Quick reply as I'm headed out the door to work. Rico, the idea that Wilgy isn't proven bad is a major point in your posts above, but you yourself started from this assumption in your case on me earlier today. Make the assumption or don't, but don't say you can make it to case me and I can't make it to case you. You've also made the assumption (as has MM) that Drugs is the final baddie role, so I went from that starting point as well. Doesn't make it true, but since you and MM are free to assume it, don't tell me doing so makes me bad.
Drugs performed the most recent kill attempt, so that role is surely still in this game. Thus it is the final baddie in all scenarios in which there is only one baddie remaining. This is a logical deduction, not an assumption. If there are two baddies remaining, then Drugs must still be alive albeit not as the "final" baddie.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: [DAY 4] Talking Heads Mafia (RYM #90)

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Russtifinko wrote:Day 4, Rico had Mac and Wilgy as his top two town reads.

4:21am on Tesday, Oct 13, soft defense of Mac from Golden (and a criticism of a towered of JJJ thrown in for good measure):
I do not agree that Rico's question to Golden was a soft defense. I do not think his criticism of me (which isn't quite criticism) is relevant to this discussion -- for what good measure have you deemed it necessary for inclusion?
Russtifinko wrote:So, to reiterate, according to Rico Wilgy was good Day 0, bad Days 1-2, his second highest skittle civ read Day 4 and at least good enough to vote with 6 of the next 7 days, and then bad from that point on, when other people, led by JJJ, were starting to eye Wilgy pretty hard. Mac was not commented on until he was Rico's top skittle civ read on Day 4 (again, see the link), but over the next 24 hours Rico both said he was kinda suspicious and defended him (softly) from Golden. He kept defending him (again, softly), through Day 5 from Matt, but then voted to lynch him early on Day 6. Both of these interactions to me read absolute textbook baddie: lightly distance when possible, without creating any real pressure, defend without drawing attention to yourself when a buddy takes any heat, and when things start to look like they're headed the wrong way, bus, and do it fast and hard.
I believe it's possible for Russtifinko to genuinely feel this way about Rico's treatment of Mac and Wilgy. Two problems hinder me from accepting this as a genuine case though:

1. The DrWilgy issue from before persists. That angle is only relevant if Doc was mafia which I cannot know.

2. You've identified a clear top suspect among the three options you're currently faced with. You don't seem willing to assign a role to me but you have called it "impossible" for MM to be mafia-aligned (an assertion that I don't believe can be confidently made from a townie mindset). I ask you this then: in your efforts to sell MM and I on the notion that Rico is a bad guy -- where is your mind for alternatives? From your perspective, there should be reason to worry about JaggedJimmyJay too. You've suggested I might be a mafia team mate of Rico, but I don't think you've explored the possibility that I am the lone remaining mafioso. Have you discarded that possibility without doing the legwork you've done for Rico? If so, why?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Russtifinko wrote:Quick reply as I'm headed out the door to work. Rico, the idea that Wilgy isn't proven bad is a major point in your posts above, but you yourself started from this assumption in your case on me earlier today. Make the assumption or don't, but don't say you can make it to case me and I can't make it to case you.
Is this still about the vote placement analysis on Night 13. Because if so, of course I started with the assumption that Wilgy could be bad. I was not able to tell which one of you or Wilgy might be bad, so I tried that analysis. I didn't manage to figure it out solely based on that analysis - hence my posted frustration.

However, once Wilgy was dead, I no longer had any more dilemma, because you were the only baddie left.

Did I make more connections that this between you and Wilgy? I honestly can't understand. What I certainly didn't do is profile you as badbased on interactions with a Wilgy I had no alignment clue of - which is what you just did!
Russtifinko wrote: You've also made the assumption (as has MM) that Drugs is the final baddie role, so I went from that starting point as well. Doesn't make it true, but since you and MM are free to assume it, don't tell me doing so makes me bad.
If you're thinking there's only one baddie left and implying Drugs isn't the last one, that quoi????

If you're thinking there's more than two baddies left, then you're free to suspect any two players, but as far as I am concerned, my deductions makes it impossible. I'm good, I'm certain MM is good, I believe JJJ is good = you are Drugs.
Russtifinko wrote:
Ricochet wrote:My call on Diiny, just like my call on Mac, is precisely the proof by which the others should trust me and to carry on with the plan in order for town to win this lylo.
What??????? Again, this is EXACTLY my point. EVERYONE wants the SK dead, so the fact that you helped get him says nothing whatsoever about your alignment. That you're presenting it as such is ludicrous and you know it. And your Mac "call" was one baddie in a game with 7. What do you want, a medal?
This is not just about Diiny. This is about all my confident calls and why they're so confident.

And, yes, I woudn't mind a medal for Mac. It was my most confident call at that time and that's precisely the point. It also helped correct the course of the game, for that time being; we were going from mislynch to mislynch, with the main wagons also being civs. I flipped the perspective and a baddie emerged.

Rico in real live wire mode is towniest Rico possible on the face of the planet.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

vote placement analysis on Night 12*, sorry
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JJJ, I think I mentioned it before, but just so it can help you again to project which of the SK victims might have been also bad, I think it's pretty clear Fuzz was Love for Sale.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rico, you were willing and eager to engage alternative prospects to a Diiny SK flip during Day 13 -- including asking me to case Russ as a possible SK based on the victims. While your language might have been confident, I'm not sure I can associate that confidence with anything other than your mentality and morale considering this.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Rico, you were willing and eager to engage alternative prospects to a Diiny SK flip during Day 13 -- including asking me to case Russ as a possible SK based on the victims. While your language might have been confident, I'm not sure I can associate that confidence with anything other than your mentality and morale considering this.
That is true. My confidence in Diiny and Russ being the last two baddies, cemented after Wilgy's death, which stems from my deductions, is not the same thing with my belief that Diiny was SK, purely based on reads and him fitting the profile the most.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Russtifinko wrote:I'm gonna close here because I desperately need to sleep, but I'll say this to JJJ and MM as a final point: You both know Rico and I to some extent as mafia players. To me this comes down to one of 2 theories:

(1) I played the worst baddie game in history, bussing teammates left and right when it stopped me from using my role power and made no sense to do so. Rico also played a pretty terrible game as a civ.
If you're bad then you're playing in a dramatic endgame scenario with just three other players -- it's not a poor performance. It's quite a strong performance really. Also, when you assert that you "bussed teammates left and right" I think your language is too strong. You took part in three mafia lynches, the mafia team is seven deep. Why do you suppose these LC, Mac, and Bullzeye votes would have prevented you from using the Drugs power?

Similarly, if Rico is town then he has not played a "pretty terrible" game. He'd have played a very strong game as a townie. It's a massive thread and he has built over a ninth of it on his own. A large number of reads are present in his history -- some good and some not. That would be the way Mafia tends to go, eh? His voting record is not stellar, but his content can't fairly be assessed only on that front. There are nearly 1,000 posts.
Russtifinko wrote:Or (2): Rico played a prototypical baddie game where he bussed teammates only when he thought it was absolutely necessary, and did an damned impressive job keeping us guessing up until this point. I played a pretty solid civ game with a few notable holes (e.g. tunneling motel and missing Floyd). You guys can decide which is more likely.
Let's examine the final voting records one more time since that seems to be your point of emphasis:

Russtifinko:

Day 1 -- Matt F
Day 2 -- Long Con
Day 3 -- Sorsha
Day 4 -- Devin
Day 5 -- espers
Day 6 -- MacDougall
Day 7 -- seaside
Day 8 -- motel room
Day 9 -- motel room
Day 10 -- motel room
Day 11 -- Bullzeye
Day 12 -- motel room
Day 13 -- Diiny

Ricochet:

Day 1 -- bea
Day 2 -- DrWilgy
Day 3 -- Golden
Day 4 -- Devin
Day 5 -- espers
Day 6 -- MacDougall
Day 7 -- Choutas
Day 8 -- Metalmarsh89
Day 9 -- sig
Day 10 -- motel room
Day 11 -- DrWilgy
Day 12 -- Metalmarsh89
Day 13 -- Diiny

What are my thoughts?

1. Both vote records are mafia-compatible. Both vote records are town-compatible.

2. If I ask myself which voting record would be most like my own if I were mafia in this game, I answer with "Russtifinko's". I probably wouldn't get through Day 13 with only one mafia lynch on my resume unless my team was enjoying an absolute massacre.

3. When I look at both vote records combined, I struggle to find a more likely Drugs target than motel room (other than Devin).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Why should your call on Mac be of major significance eight game cycles after his lynch?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I may have the post record now, but is Rico now soundly in the top 3?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

As a side note, if two mafia are alive right now then I think these are the most likely combinations:

1. Russtifinko and MM (allows for the motel room lynch to be explained with Drugs/Blind)

2. Ricochet and MM (explains the effort to "confirm" MM and isolate a single foe to secure the win)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Yup, my vote's not moving. Russtifinko is definitely bad, and the final one.
Marsh, could you point to the moment in Russ's posts which inspired this confident statement from you? You've been at least entertaining alternative possibilities, so I'd just like to see what pushed your confidence to this level.
Yes.

Russtifinko suggested you are not Blind, and could easily be bad.
Russtifinko wrote:Also, Blind does NOT have to be JJJ. You're only assuming that because he told you he thought he'd be around to endgame. That could also easily be because he and/or you are bad.

Linki: Provide evidence on the Wilgy thing, please, or at least list the baddies you're talking about. That's not a case, that's a baseless accusation.
Blind is still alive. I am not Blind based on the Day 12 lynch. Russtifinko most likely isn't Blind after all of the close lynches he's voted in that have gone his way. Ricochet probably isn't Blind either, but if he is, that makes Russtifinko's accusation false, and not because someone else is mafia, but because Russti is.

That leaves you as this specific role.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

If there are two mafia alive, we've already lost. I think DrWilgy was mafia, and Drugs is the last one.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 314
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I may have the post record now, but is Rico now soundly in the top 3?
Top 10 posters in this thread:

JaggedJimmyJay 1440
Ricochet 974
Metalmarsh89 900
Epignosis 491
Matt F 459
Diiny 445
MacDougall 432
a2thezebra 316
motel room 305
Strawhenge 284
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Why should your call on Mac be of major significance eight game cycles after his lynch?
A while ago, when I was asked what's the strongest town evidence, I referenced my call and hunt on Mac. Now I've got the calls on Diiny and Russ as well. Nothing specific about Mac lingers on right now, eight cycles after he was lynched, but the common factor I've done back then and what I've been doing N12 through right now are: quick reaction, undeterred hunting, immediate results, absolute trust going in the right direction.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I may have the post record now, but is Rico now soundly in the top 3?

JaggedJimmyJay 1440
Ricochet 974
Metalmarsh89 900
Epignosis 491
Matt F 459
Diiny 445
MacDougall 432
a2thezebra 316
motel room 305
Strawhenge 284
I think he meant top 3 all time. I remember Turnip stopping a few posts short of 1K - more specifically, winning the game 10-15? posts short of 1K, then symbolically refusing to pass the threshold, simply by posting post-game.

That being said, I wouldn't mind the #2 spot. :slick:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

JaggedJimmyJay 1440
Ricochet 974
Metalmarsh89 900
Epignosis 491
Matt F 459
Diiny 445
MacDougall 432
a2thezebra 316
motel room 305
Strawhenge 284
I think he meant top 3 all time. I remember Turnip stopping a few posts short of 1K - more specifically, winning the game 10-15? posts short of 1K, then symbolically refusing to pass the threshold, simply by posting post-game.

Oh, that makes sense.

I am not sure what top 3 of all time are... Let me get back to you on that.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

JaggedJimmyJay 1440
Ricochet 974
Metalmarsh89 900
Epignosis 491
Matt F 459
Diiny 445
MacDougall 432
a2thezebra 316
motel room 305
Strawhenge 284

Oh, that makes sense.

I am not sure what top 3 of all time are... Let me get back to you on that.
Tony R 18381375704873761488582 posts
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, so here is the Top 10 "posts in thread" of all time at The Syndicate... but, as Rico noted, these are including post-game posts for all non-Talking Heads games:

1. JaggedJimmyJay 1440 [Talking Heads]
2. Turnip Head 1001 [Death Note]
3. Ricochet 976 [Talking Heads]
4. Chris 952 [Doctor Who]
5. Metalmarsh89 900 [Talking Heads]
6. MovingPictures07 858 [Doctor Who]
7. DharmaHelper 822 [Death Note]
8. Metalmarsh89 719 [Death Note]
9. Sloonei 705 [Bullets Over Broadway]
10. Golden 692 [Bullets Over Broadway]

Honorable mention to:
Epignosis 673 [Death Note]
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, so here is the Top 10 "posts in thread" of all time at The Syndicate... but, as Rico noted, these are including post-game posts for all non-Talking Heads games:

Honorable mention to:

Ooh, so TH did pass the 1K post-death-game...

[quote]4. Chris 952 [Doctor Who] [/quote]

Who dat?

[quote]5. Metalmarsh89 900 [Talking Heads] [/quote]

Whoa hey! Congrats MM! :clap:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Chris was banned in the aftermath of the Doctor Who game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Interestingly, all of those games have taken place roughly in the past year or so.

Before any of these games occurred, I think Masters of the Universe and the Champions '13 games would produce most of the Top 10.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

On a game-related note, I'll be busy until a half hour or so before the deadline, so at this point I will not be ending Day 14 early.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Four hours and a half left for me in my chase for the Turnip. :srsnod: I have to study right now, but in an hour or so, if anyone wants to talk, let's talk. :srsnod:

I'm considering posting any post-game related thought in the spectators thread, as to not spoil whatever my final count here will be, will that be possible? Or a special post-game thread?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, so here is the Top 10 "posts in thread" of all time at The Syndicate... but, as Rico noted, these are including post-game posts for all non-Talking Heads games:

Honorable mention to:
You forgot these two.

JaggedJimmyJay 769 [Economics]
MovingPictures07 722 [Economics]

And two more Honorable mentions.

zeek 683 [Dr. Who]
Metalmarsh89 662 [Flash]

And that's everything over 600.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Tfw I had a synthesizer today at a rehearsal, but we got started right away and there were too many musicians around, ensemble or otherwise, to try to improv some TH tunez. :(
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 221

Post by Golden »

My performance in this game would be on that list if I were still alive. I'm not sure I'll ever hit 1000 in a game though. That's too intense for me!

Rico... catch that turnip.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

How many posts did I get? 120 or something?

Triple J, you have too much time in your hands.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:My performance in this game would be on that list if I were still alive. I'm not sure I'll ever hit 1000 in a game though. That's too intense for me!

I wanna, but it also feels like semi-cheating, because it's OT and small talk instead of intense talk. :noble:

Then again, considering how much TH spammed in Death Note to climb his way up there... :haha:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

TheFloyd73 wrote:How many posts did I get? 120 or something?

Triple J, you have too much time in your hands.
You have 89 posts right now.

I was going to answer to this in the previous post I made, but then I forgot, I swear. :grin:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
Golden wrote:My performance in this game would be on that list if I were still alive. I'm not sure I'll ever hit 1000 in a game though. That's too intense for me!

I wanna, but it also feels like semi-cheating, because it's OT and small talk instead of intense talk. :noble:

Then again, considering how much TH spammed in Death Note to climb his way up there... :haha:
Would you believe me if I told you I had less than 100 posts at the start of Day 5?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Ricochet wrote:Then again, considering how much TH spammed in Death Note to climb his way up there... :haha:
These are outrageous allegations
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Would you believe me if I told you I had less than 100 posts at the start of Day 5?
Yes, you always lose ground by missing a phase or a cycle due to rocks.

Would you believe me if I told you you were ahead of me around D8-9? :dark:

This page is almost entirely OT.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Just another 1.5 hours until that day phase ends.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Then again, considering how much TH spammed in Death Note to climb his way up there... :haha:
These are outrageous allegations
Not to mention you would have died on D4, if only you were bulletproof... ;)

My 1K would be genuine survival mode. :noble:

linki:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Just another 1.5 hours until game ends.
Well, hopefully, that is.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

That's not what I said. :omg:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I fixed it. :noble:

15 more posts, now's the time to ask me to commit suicide, MM.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”