Re: Mafia: A World Reborn Game Thread - Day 5

Post by Marmot »

Canucklehead wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Canucklehead wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Spoiler: show
Canucklehead wrote:I'd be willing to switch my vote to Juliets for sure. Forgot that she had been the top (and only) name on my suspect list.:.
Day 4: Says she would switch to juliets for being her only suspect. Bad look. Why would she not vote her originally, how could she forget her one and only suspect, and what made her suddenly not interested in lynching Luke anymore?
It's a bit disingenuous to say that I avoided those questions, MM. The grammar of your post (addressing the questions in the third person rather than the second) casts them as rhetorical questions for you audience to consider, not actual questions for me to answer. Had you wanted answers from me, specifically, why did you not address the questions to me, specifically?
This looks like some opportunistic ret-conning on your part, MM. Trying to make me look badder than I already look by suggesting I am avoiding questioning. I am not avoiding questions, I just don't consider rhetorical questions to be ones that are looking in good faith for answers. Those questions, as posed, don't care about answers; they are concerned only with planting seeds of doubt in the readers mind, because the answer already implied in the question is "because Canuck is a baddie".
That's not a question, that's sophistry.
Now that I've pointed them out to you as questions directed at you, will you answer them?
Only if you first admit that you never really intended them as direct questions requiring a response. ;)
I did mean to ask them to you, but I did a poor job of showing that, I'll admit that.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 260
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matt F wrote:
LoRab wrote:Voted mac--my post reminded me of how suspicious I find him. I realize he likely won't be lynched this round, but putting a vote there as a statement of suspicion.

I'm comfortable with a juliets lynch, which seems to be where the thread is heading right now. K-nuk, also--I don't really trust indies, so...
Help me vote MM? I think he's a baaaaaaad indy.
I would love to hear more about this.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 319
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Sorsha wrote:TH do you... Or anyone else think that Tranq was Drezenstein and the reason TH is back is because Tranq died? Or was I the only one getting that vibe from the night post?
I was told as soon as I was "killed" that I would be brought back at the end of the Day, so if Tranq was Drezenstein, it's just a coincidence. It's possible that Drezenstein obtained a benefit from his experiment on me, but nothing changed for me other than I was taken out of the game for a Day and now have to deal with the subsequent doubt about it.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Golden »

Got any theories as to the identity of Dr Dre, TH?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:Got any theories as to the identity of Dr Dre, TH?
None that I'm willing to pursue at this time, but I have my eye on a few peeps.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Sorsha wrote: @LoRab- thanks for your post on Mac. I agree he has been doing some suspish things but I don't think voting for him is the great st idea at this point.
Why not?
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Sorsha »

Turnip Head wrote:
Sorsha wrote:TH do you... Or anyone else think that Tranq was Drezenstein and the reason TH is back is because Tranq died? Or was I the only one getting that vibe from the night post?
I was told as soon as I was "killed" that I would be brought back at the end of the Day, so if Tranq was Drezenstein, it's just a coincidence. It's possible that Drezenstein obtained a benefit from his experiment on me, but nothing changed for me other than I was taken out of the game for a Day and now have to deal with the subsequent doubt about it.
Ok thanks! There goes that theory, I thought we were done with him.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 176

Post by Sorsha »

LoRab wrote:
Sorsha wrote: @LoRab- thanks for your post on Mac. I agree he has been doing some suspish things but I don't think voting for him is the great st idea at this point.
Why not?
I don't know what his intentions are with trying to draw votes, if he's getting some sort of benefit from it or something... I'm not sure. I don't feel like he's being pro-civ though so I'd have no problem voting for him but I would only do so on a day that I think he'd actually get the most votes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Dom »

Voting Juliets
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Sorsha wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Why not?
I don't know what his intentions are with trying to draw votes, if he's getting some sort of benefit from it or something... I'm not sure. I don't feel like he's being pro-civ though so I'd have no problem voting for him but I would only do so on a day that I think he'd actually get the most votes.
gotcha.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 104

Post by sig »

I'd be willing to place my vote on Juliets, but I'm not sure some of the people on her wagon are suspicious to me.
I'd rather not lynch Cancuk today.

I think DF brought up some good points about Floyd and would be willing to pursue that lynch at some point.

Why is MM getting votes is there a case on him or just lack of posting about in game stuff?

@Epi why are you voting for Drac I didn't see your reasoning?
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

LoRab wrote:
Matt F wrote:
LoRab wrote:Voted mac--my post reminded me of how suspicious I find him. I realize he likely won't be lynched this round, but putting a vote there as a statement of suspicion.

I'm comfortable with a juliets lynch, which seems to be where the thread is heading right now. K-nuk, also--I don't really trust indies, so...
Help me vote MM? I think he's a baaaaaaad indy.
Can you summarize the case?
Hold that thought. Just for a bit.
Image Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote:I'd be willing to place my vote on Juliets, but I'm not sure some of the people on her wagon are suspicious to me.
I'd rather not lynch Cancuk today.

I think DF brought up some good points about Floyd and would be willing to pursue that lynch at some point.

Why is MM getting votes is there a case on him or just lack of posting about in game stuff?

@Epi why are you voting for Drac I didn't see your reasoning?
I think I got votes because I started participating.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

sig wrote:@Epi why are you voting for Drac I didn't see your reasoning?
Something about a link between myself, Luke, and Buglashithead.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 342

Post by Matt »

Draconus wrote:
sig wrote:@Epi why are you voting for Drac I didn't see your reasoning?
Something about a link between myself, Luke, and Buglashithead.
That doesn't quite do it justice.

sig - Buglabush and Luke were calling each other btsc partners in the thread. Luke was lynched, was mafia. Before Luke was lynched, Drac didn't seem to want to lynch him.

I don't think I quite did it justice either, I'm sure Epi can tell you more when he's here.
Image Image Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

If he responds. He still hasn't responded to my defense post.

Also, I was reluctant on 4.1 because of the quick succession of votes on Luke immediately following my vote. After the nutella lynch, though, I moved my vote back to Luke and left it there.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 408

Post by MacDougall »

I am heaps pro civ.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

MacDougall wrote:I am heaps pro civ.
You're a what?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Heaps pro civ.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Just replying to sorsha and LoRab who seem to think I am some kind of bad guy. I am heaps civ.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 89

Post by Typhoony »

Turnip Head wrote:Speaking of completely ignoring the points raised against you...
Typhoony wrote:There is a case on me? All I see is a bunch of my posts quoted with a "You're weirding me out".
Your "case" was serious?

For reference, here is his case.
You quote 5 posts where I talk about juliets (2 of which were spurred on because you asked me to talk about her, 2 of which were because I wanted to look indepth at juliets, as I've done with Bubbles and nutella before).

You then say this:
nub wrote:There's something fishy about how you're approaching juliets in this game Typh. You clearly want to talk about her, albeit through the lens of her being talked about by others, but in all of these posts, with all of these questions directed at other players' cases, I have no idea where you really stand on the subject of juliets. Your posts seem designed to either dispute the points made by others, or push them to reinforce their cases. While I appreciate you being so considerate, it feels like you're being a mediator rather than a participant in the discussion. It's weirding me out.
These are observations. There is no accusation. There is no question. Hell, later on you even say that your opinion of me is reliant upon juliets.

Which points (plural, please. You said points, give me multiple things) in your case against me would you like me to respond to TH? Come on, let's have some fun here.

For the record, I will not vote juliets. I do not think she is bad. I looked at her posts in the Champions game epi linked. When she was put under pressure, never did she go into panic mode like she did in this game. She made multiple long winded catch-uppy like posts talking about everything that had been going on, and she didn't seem to go to that much trouble in this game.
I see a lazy juliets who asks a shitload of questions to blend in, I see a juliets who mixes things up, who is iffy and uncertain, a juliets who seems disinterested at times. If she had teammates I don't think she would be playing like this.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote:I am heaps pro civ.
Sounds like an STD
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

MacDougall wrote:Just replying to sorsha and LoRab who seem to think I am some kind of bad guy. I am heaps civ.
Well, gee. That totes convinces me.

And pro-civ is not civ. Are you claiming indy now, too?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Typhoony wrote:You then say this:
nub wrote:There's something fishy about how you're approaching juliets in this game Typh. You clearly want to talk about her, albeit through the lens of her being talked about by others, but in all of these posts, with all of these questions directed at other players' cases, I have no idea where you really stand on the subject of juliets. Your posts seem designed to either dispute the points made by others, or push them to reinforce their cases. While I appreciate you being so considerate, it feels like you're being a mediator rather than a participant in the discussion. It's weirding me out.
These are observations. There is no accusation. There is no question. Hell, later on you even say that your opinion of me is reliant upon juliets.

Which points (plural, please. You said points, give me multiple things) in your case against me would you like me to respond to TH? Come on, let's have some fun here.
The underlined is specifically what I wanted you to comment on. Which you have just now done.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Typhoony wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Speaking of completely ignoring the points raised against you...
Typhoony wrote:There is a case on me? All I see is a bunch of my posts quoted with a "You're weirding me out".
Your "case" was serious?

For reference, here is his case.
You quote 5 posts where I talk about juliets (2 of which were spurred on because you asked me to talk about her, 2 of which were because I wanted to look indepth at juliets, as I've done with Bubbles and nutella before).

You then say this:

For the record, I will not vote juliets. I do not think she is bad. I looked at her posts in the Champions game epi linked. When she was put under pressure, never did she go into panic mode like she did in this game. She made multiple long winded catch-uppy like posts talking about everything that had been going on, and she didn't seem to go to that much trouble in this game.
I see a lazy juliets who asks a shitload of questions to blend in, I see a juliets who mixes things up, who is iffy and uncertain, a juliets who seems disinterested at times. If she had teammates I don't think she would be playing like this.
Lol no.

Linki: Yes I am indy civ scum.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Turnip Head wrote:

The underlined is specifically what I wanted you to comment on. Which you have just now done.
That's not a point raised against me.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hey LoRab. Why are you voting for me when I won't be lynched? You just hiding your vote from a definite scum lynch? Cool.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Typhoony wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

That's not a point raised against me.
If you say so... does that mean it's not worth responding to?
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

If you wanted me to let you know where I stand on juliets, you should've asked.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

That makes no sense. Are you incapable of having a discussion about it unless I word it as a question?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 136

Post by Bullzeye »

I am going to *Vote Canuck* based on the things I said about her in earlier posts. I think her indy claim is suspicious at best.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

It actually makes quite a lot of sense TH.

What you underlined was in the middle of your post, worded as an observation in a post that was only observations.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Well I've certainly been put in my place. Next time I'll know better.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

I agree. Let that be a lesson!
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

MacDougall wrote:Hey LoRab. Why are you voting for me when I won't be lynched? You just hiding your vote from a definite scum lynch? Cool.
I explained why I was voting for you when I voted.

And I don't know that anyone is a "definite scum lynch." I vote based on whom I find suspicious.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

I would actually urge everyone who is still waffling to read juliets' post in the Champions game, because they are genuinely different from her posts in this game.

link to her posts in the Champions game
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I would urge typhoony to self vote.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Typhoony wrote:I would actually urge everyone who is still waffling to read juliets' post in the Champions game, because they are genuinely different from her posts in this game.

If I wanted your opinion about juliets, I would have asked.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 337

Post by Dom »

LoRab wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Just replying to sorsha and LoRab who seem to think I am some kind of bad guy. I am heaps civ.

He's probably bad.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 90

Post by DrWilgy »

└(◉◞౪◟◉)┘
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

Turnip Head wrote:
Typhoony wrote:I would actually urge everyone who is still waffling to read juliets' post in the Champions game, because they are genuinely different from her posts in this game.

You should actually read her posts in the Champions game and see if you consider them the same.

Then, I will be the one to ask you about YOUR opinion on juliets :noble:
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Typhoony wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:

You should actually read her posts in the Champions game and see if you consider them the same.

Then, I will be the one to ask you about YOUR opinion on juliets :noble:
I'm going to.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote:
LoRab wrote:

He's probably bad.
Yeah probs
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am going to start night killing my own teammates if this game doesn't get less boring.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 293

Post by S~V~S »

Wow.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

MacDougall wrote:I am going to start night killing my own teammates if this game doesn't get less boring.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

There you go kids two scum confirmed.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist

Post by Typhoony »

MacDougall wrote:There you go kids two scum confirmed.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Cool use of the meme.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

This juliets bonfire lynch party is dead. I might go to the canucklehead one.

Return to “Previous Jobs”