Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 13

Moderator: Community Team

Have you cleaned up your sock account and returned it unharmed to your Hosts?

Yes
75%
No, not yet but will soon
No votes
Nope cuz we hosted/Bea/Roxy/Ser Sockinthestone
25%

Total votes: 16
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 97

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 2

Post by Kent Brockman »

Vote for bea. She's the, alcoholic.

*hic*
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 16

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Night 1

Post by Chuck »

Dierdre Wonderbird wrote:So reading back and catching up, I noted a few little things, nothing big but enough to make a note of them for later.

First off, the only real topic of discussion on Day 1 was Rumpy and potential ways around his power. While I applaud discussion, and I think the back n forth was good, it inevitably led to one of the thing i hate about Day 1s which is that someone got lynched for something they said about a side topic which everyone seemed to admit could have been said by a civ.

With no real case or suspicion, it feels to me like the idea of finding someone in the Rumpy discussion to lynch would be a good move for the mafia, but more than that, a smart mafia would promote the idea in theory, let it take root, and then back away from it to avoid being attached to the lynch.

I don't have as much of an issue with the first part tbh. While it would certainly have been nice to have discussions on other topics, the fact that there was discussion at all is definitely much better than how many Day 1's have gone. I do agree with the second part though. It does strike me as a discussion that could have been mafia-led or mafia-influenced.

So I'll say that I've got my eye on Laine Crystalsteam. This progression of posts is ping-y to me. It's all promoting voting for people who had certain kinds of posts about Rumpy and then BAM, I'll just vote for this guy who said he'd vote for the lowest poster but then didn't quite vote for the lowEST poster. It smells.
Laine Crystalsteam wrote:I think I may vote for Gaerwen Gleamingrace, as I found it weird that he/she was against using foreign languages to circumvent Rumpelstiltskin's ability. I know it's not much of a reason, but it is Day 1 and that's all I have to go on.
Laine Crystalsteam wrote:
Dilan Bluemoss wrote:
I was against it as well, because it would have mad communication impossible.
Yes, I suppose you're right. It would be difficult. I just don't really have a reason for voting anyone.
I agree with what you said about Caillic. Seems like a good way to go. It is very odd that he/she would not try to find a way around the ability. If she/he is on Rumpelstiltskin's team and knows that there are consequences, he/she might be faking civvieness by alerting us to consequences from the hosts. Though, it's very tricky to get a read on people right now.
Laine Crystalsteam wrote:I am thinking of voting for Bac because he/she claimed that he was going to vote for the lowest poster, which is Etain Royalskull (0 in-game posts) but Bac voted for Jorhan Poisondart who had one post at the time.
Laine Crystalsteam wrote:The Flying Satyrs have decided that our vote shall go to Bac Wunderelin, Rajah of the Twilight Pixies for his/her contradictions in his/her vote.
I do agree that Laine's vote was a bit odd. It sounded like he was trying to be very opportunistic and latch himself onto a vote for me. When I and whoever else it was (still trying to figure out names, but I think it was the elf guy. Starts with a 'D' I believe) mentioned the foreign languages thing might not be very effective, he seemed to drop his suspicion of me altogether. But to jump from me, to Caillic, to Bac the way you did, and have the "it's very hard to read people right now" disclaimer at the end of 2 of those seems disingenuine to me. Like you were trying to throw some random names out there for small pings and hope other people latched onto the idea.

My fellow Puppet Magicians and myself will keep a close :eye: on you today.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:
bea wrote: see...I can share.....sometimes..... [/b][/color]
The hell she can! Share, she can! Bollocks!

You wanna hear what she did to me, this bea? She had me head off, she did!

And then she brought me back to life...

...when I had a store of her favorites from the Plutonian shore....

Let me think about this...
:haha:
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:On another note, I'm admittedly quite curious about last nights poll. The similarity with the lynch poll prior is curious. Yet I don't see any immediate effects. Thoughts?
In what way is it similar? I must have missed something. I'll go back and re-read both of them in the meantime.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:Vote for bea. She's the, alcoholic.

*hic*
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Young Lady »

Gaerwen Gleamingrace wrote:
Queran Gloomsoul wrote:On another note, I'm admittedly quite curious about last nights poll. The similarity with the lynch poll prior is curious. Yet I don't see any immediate effects. Thoughts?
In what way is it similar? I must have missed something. I'll go back and re-read both of them in the meantime.
Dividing everyone across locations, though the first set of locations (tables) served a much more obvious purpose. :/
Supervisor
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Fane Winebattle wrote:I had to check and vote and I read I had to vote for Table of Peace so I am sorry. All the names are confusing me but I decided to try a mafia game.
Blunders don't trouble me none. I've made blunders...Ha!...blunders've made me, you could say!

Is this some tongue I do not know? What is "Mafia game?"
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Ameerah Frolicstag wrote:Sorry for not being around. I've been dealing with some righteous headaches for days now and it's addled my brain.
I've had some bad headaches myself. Can't figure out why.

But something else you said before that...
Ameerah Frolicstag wrote:Love the twist to the day one poll! This will making voting very interesting indeed!
I like a twist myself. A twist of lime or lemon. Sure.

Thing is, I don't get the interesting part from you. You got one vote (from our dear princess, who woke up for the sole purpose of voting for you!) and you didn't defend yourself or vote at all.

Finally, there's this damning piece of evidence:
Ameerah Frolicstag wrote:I choose Table of Happiness! :bounce:

The seating chart diagram is the best thing ever!

Feel better Roxy! I'm sending big hugs your way!
bea wrote:OMG - I *just* now realized! You even sat me on the correct side of the table!!!!!! I am left handed so I always have to sit at the far end so I don't bump elbows whilst I'm eating. :fiesta: :faint: :notworthy: :hug:
Lefties unite!
You chose happiness and yet you're left handed?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:
Dividing everyone across locations, though the first set of locations (tables) served a much more obvious purpose. :/
True. I'm sure it has some meaning behind it, but it might be one that none of us (or only a lucky few) know.

For now though, it seems we are free to vote for whomever we wish, regardless of location.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Operator »

That was one cool story Bea!

I, too, have had an eye on Laine because of what I perceived to be throwing names around hoping for one to stick. First it was Gaerwen (against speaking in a foreign tongue), then Caillic (playing the cards we are given), before, in a final turnaround voting for someone else entirely for (what I think is) a weaker reason (Bac, voting for a low-poster against no-shows). It's very possible that once the idea that Caillic was probably up to no good had taken firm roots in the thread, Laine decided to take her business elsewhere, in the process conveniently dissociating herself from Caillic's lynch. At the same time, I can't help but wonder why a mafia would go around calling names as early as day 1. Could Laine be just an enthusiastic -- but just as confused as everyone else on day 1 -- townie? I don't know. At this point, while highly suspicious of Laine, I'm not entirely convinced she is mafia. I would love to hear more from her.
Management
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

Bac Wunderelin wrote:
Dierdre Wonderbird wrote:So reading back and catching up, I noted a few little things, nothing big but enough to make a note of them for later.

First off, the only real topic of discussion on Day 1 was Rumpy and potential ways around his power. While I applaud discussion, and I think the back n forth was good, it inevitably led to one of the thing i hate about Day 1s which is that someone got lynched for something they said about a side topic which everyone seemed to admit could have been said by a civ.

With no real case or suspicion, it feels to me like the idea of finding someone in the Rumpy discussion to lynch would be a good move for the mafia, but more than that, a smart mafia would promote the idea in theory, let it take root, and then back away from it to avoid being attached to the lynch.

So I'll say that I've got my eye on Laine Crystalsteam. This progression of posts is ping-y to me. It's all promoting voting for people who had certain kinds of posts about Rumpy and then BAM, I'll just vote for this guy who said he'd vote for the lowest poster but then didn't quite vote for the lowEST poster. It smells.

Laine Crystalsteam wrote:I think I may vote for Gaerwen Gleamingrace, as I found it weird that he/she was against using foreign languages to circumvent Rumpelstiltskin's ability. I know it's not much of a reason, but it is Day 1 and that's all I have to go on.
Dilan Bluemoss wrote:
Yes, I suppose you're right. It would be difficult. I just don't really have a reason for voting anyone.
I agree with what you said about Caillic. Seems like a good way to go. It is very odd that he/she would not try to find a way around the ability. If she/he is on Rumpelstiltskin's team and knows that there are consequences, he/she might be faking civvieness by alerting us to consequences from the hosts. Though, it's very tricky to get a read on people right now.
Laine Crystalsteam wrote:I am thinking of voting for Bac because he/she claimed that he was going to vote for the lowest poster, which is Etain Royalskull (0 in-game posts) but Bac voted for Jorhan Poisondart who had one post at the time.
Laine Crystalsteam wrote:The Flying Satyrs have decided that our vote shall go to Bac Wunderelin, Rajah of the Twilight Pixies for his/her contradictions in his/her vote.
After Dilan responded to my post, I thought about it and realised that Gaerwen and Dilan were right and that communicating in another language would not work, thereby negating my reason for the vote. I then looked and noticed the contradiction in Bac's vote and voted for him. I don't see anything wrong with that.
I do :)

I did not do so, I never mentioned "no shows"; I mentioned people who low posted. You extrapolated. You were reaching, very much so.

I must say I agree with Diedres analysis; I think Laine wanted to vote for me for whatever REAL reason s/he had, and made up a reason.
If that is the case, then I apologise. Clearly, my reason was wrong. I do not have anything against you. It was Day 1 and I was trying really hard to find a reason to vote for someone.
To be recycled
Quokka
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 58
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Quokka »

I don't have as much of an issue with the first part tbh. While it would certainly have been nice to have discussions on other topics, the fact that there was discussion at all is definitely much better than how many Day 1's have gone. I do agree with the second part though. It does strike me as a discussion that could have been mafia-led or mafia-influenced.

Dilan Bluemoss wrote:
I do agree that Laine's vote was a bit odd. It sounded like he was trying to be very opportunistic and latch himself onto a vote for me. When I and whoever else it was (still trying to figure out names, but I think it was the elf guy. Starts with a 'D' I believe) mentioned the foreign languages thing might not be very effective, he seemed to drop his suspicion of me altogether. But to jump from me, to Caillic, to Bac the way you did, and have the "it's very hard to read people right now" disclaimer at the end of 2 of those seems disingenuine to me. Like you were trying to throw some random names out there for small pings and hope other people latched onto the idea.

My fellow Puppet Magicians and myself will keep a close :eye: on you today.
As I have said, Day 1 votes are difficult as I barely know anyone it is difficult in coming up with a reason. After Dilan explained about the foreign lanuage thing, I realised that my reason was wrong, as it would have been difficult to communicate. Therefore, I could not vote for you for that. Also, I could never vote for Caillic anyway. Caillic was on a different table to the one I needed to vote for. Sorry that you think my vote is odd. I was just looking at people on the list and looking for reasons. As I have just posted, it looks like my reason for my vote is wrong.
To be recycled
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:Vote for bea. She's the, alcoholic.

*hic*
I am most certainly NOT an alcoholic!

Alcoholic's go to meetings.

Just you remember Mr. I can have your head again anytime I want. :srsnod: :feb:

Gaerwen Gleamingrace wrote: Image

Yay! Spidey!!! I looooooooooove Spidey!! (Srrsly, he's mah fav-o-rite super hero :D )

Here you can have more :wine: for being awesome! :D
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Ms. bea, do you have any riesling available? We gargoyles prize the mineral undertones of this wine above all other flavors of "people food".
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Lunatella »

I can understand Laine Crystalsteam's problem. Unfamiliar names. Not much given away. You have to vote someone right? All I see is a player wanting to get involved in the game and finding difficulty deciding. At least laine didn't lynch Sleeping Beauty! At least there was involvement with discussion!
Lunalee
nutella
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:Ms. bea, do you have any riesling available? We gargoyles prize the mineral undertones of this wine above all other flavors of "people food".

By all means. Of course I have Riesling. I am officially "The Keeper of the Wine Cellar" In Illy's Army of the Apocalypse. :noble:

I should ask if you prefer a dry or a sweet Riesling, but I'm going to guess that you prefer a dry one as you talk of the mineral undertones of the wine and I think that would be lost in a sweet wine. ;)

This is a very fine moderately priced wine I think you would enjoy:

http://www.wine.com/V6/Chateau-Ste-Mich ... g&state=AZ
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Yay for no NK!!

I have spent the morning looking at the lynch results, and the more I look the more I'm convinced the lynch was steered by baddies. First of all, Caillic was good and died. Secondly, all but 1 of the first 11 votes went to different people (and the 12th was Fane's illegal vote for Jorhan). I realize that this is partly because of the table system (lots of people couldn't vote for people who already had votes). However, as I mentioned during the lynch, spreading that much makes it really easy (especially on Day 1!) for baddies to come in a drop a deciding vote without looking any worse than anyone else. Caillic got 3 of the last 6 votes, which seems an unlikely high proportion to be civ-related, given how spread the rest of the votes were.

The three who voted for Caillic at the end were Queran, Carmen, and Bronwyn, in that order. I reread these three looking for their thoughts around lynch time. We'll start with Carmen, because I think Queran and Bronwyn need to be discussed together.
Carmen Brightsun wrote:These "random" votes for Jorhan don't sit right with me. Especially this one:
Fane Winebattle wrote:I haven't been feeling well and the names are confusing me lol.
I will randomize my vote and I got Jorhan.
According to the chart, Fane, you are seated at the table of Happiness, and therefore you could not have voted for Jorhan.

This makes me think Jorhan is likely good. And because I'm beginning to trust Shand, I am going to vote for Caillic Lustroushair.
I actually didn't understand why Jorhan receiving an illegal vote would make him good, though I didn't ask at the time. Carmen, could you explain your train of thought there? And did Fane's vote make you think he was bad if Jorhan was good?

Her given reason for voting Caillic was beginning to trust Shand. Carmen, I'd caution that trust is a dangerous thing in mafia. I am also leaning somewhat civ on Shand, which makes me feel a little better about your vote, but it's still extremely early in the game.

Moving on to Queran:
Queran Gloomsoul wrote:Attention: The Illustrious Me, King Regent of the Moonlit Krackens, Protector of the (table of) Peace, Conqueror of Squidmark the Malignant, Defender of the Crowned Jewels of His Majesty Don Cheadle-Kracken, Singer of Hyms, Rhymer of Rhymes, Maker of Lists and Rambler in Charge of the Doctrines of our Holy and Most Serene Kingdom of the Moonlit Krackens, do so cast my vote for Callic Lustroushair, Deeming the persons herein named to be of ill repute and dangerous intent. I declare this with all the sovereignty of the Kingdom of the Moonlit Krackens, from this Moon till our last, Praise be to Don Cheadle-Kracken.
Buried somewhere in this gem is his vote for Caillic, with no reason attached. When he was later questioned about why he voted Caillic by Bronwyn, he replied:
Queran Gloomsoul wrote:Delightful Bronwin Mightyfeet:

The Illustrious Me, etc. etc. Decided to vote for Callic Lustroushair after reading over their posts as I promised I would read over all posts. After doing so I noticed their post stating their vote for for Ameerah Frolicstag, with the expressed hope that Ameerah was not lynched for such an unhappy reason.

Where I come from, we Moonlit Tropics Krackens are taught by the mighty Don Cheadle-Kracken that if you truly do not wish for someone to get lynched, you will vote for someone else. :shrug:
This seems, at first glance, to be a solid-enough reason to vote for someone on Day 1. As many of us have noted, pings tend to be small for the first lynch. Now we know the Caillic was just expressing uncertainty about his vote, which was totally innocent.

However, the timing of this explanation pings me pretty sharply. Again, no reason was given for the vote, and this was produced when asked for. It concerns me quite a bit. Now for Bronwyn's response, with a bit of setup. In a previous post, Bronwyn had mentioned her intent to randomize among possible candidates unless something else came up, then after Queran gave his reason for her vote, this:
Bronwyn Mightyfeet wrote: O Great Illustrious You, etc. etc. I did notice the expressed hope that Ameerah was not lynched and thought it very odd. I also noticed s/he did not respond to the vote placed for her earlier, giving us her side of the story. In gypsy land the innocent always defend themselves. As a member of the Table of Peace I look toward Caillic Lustroushair for a vote, unless the votes come in for me or do not come in before i have to vote from the two missing Table of Happiness voters. Without knowing how they will vote or if they vote for me I will be forced to vote for Poisondart in defense. We shall see how it goes, and again Praise to your leader!
She says Ameerah would have defended herself if she were innocent, implying that she believes Caillic voted for a baddie. Then she agrees completely with Queran and says she'll vote Caillic unless she needs to save herself! The strategy here is truly mind-boggling. If Caillic truly voted for a baddie, as she seems to believe, why on Earth (or whatever planet we all come from) would he be baddie himself? That just wouldn't make sense on Day 1, as Ameerah had virtually no chance of being lynched anyway. Thus, she implies Cailllic is good while also voting him. She throws in a bit about saving her vote for self-preservation, which again doesn't make much sense as no particular suspicion was directed at her.

The back-and-forth between her a Queran, and even the similarity in the style of their posts (throwing titles back and forth, etc.), looks very much like something cooked up in BTSC to me. I believe that, with so many candidates to choose from, Queran picked one he knew was good and saw whether he could pick up a few easy civ votes. I've done this before as a baddie, and when the victim flips civ it's easy to later accuse your followers of bandwagon voting to make them look bad instead of you. I'm not sure yet whether Carmen fits the duped civ profile yet, I'll want to hear her response to what I said about her first. Bronwyn's vote interests me the most of all. Her going along with Queran's reason so easily after never mentioning Caillic before looks very bad indeed to me, but her strategy just seems so bad if I imagine her as bad or civ that I'm really not sure what to make of it. When she voted she decided Caillic over Jorhan, so I think if she's bad then Jorhan is too and she was protecting him. If she's civ I doubt it says anything about Jorhan.

I'm sorry for this book, I know you're busy people. To summarize, based on the above evidence I believe very strongly that Queran is bad, and I don't exactly feel great about Bronwyn either. If they do both prove bad, Jorhan is a likely compatriot, but that's still extremely speculative. Thoughts?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Linki: Mainchin, you summarized my thoughts on Laine exactly there.

And Ms. bea, your truly are the Good Witch of the Wines! Correctly surmised that we gargoyles abhor sweet wines of any type, and that one sounds delightful! We'll be tramping off to our Underworld Liquor Eporium to sample a bottle sometime soon.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Ben Linus »

Wow, lots of great analysis this morning, particularly from Gobnait. The attention to detail is commendable. I will confess that I have had bad feelings about Queran since the beginning, although I cannot as yet pin down why, and my vote for Bronwyn shows how I feel about her, although I have softened a bit after the explanations. Today will be spent rereading people and trying to come to an educated and thoughtful vote. We do not want a repeat of yesterday's result.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

To the Esteemed Pile of Rocks With An Amusingly Large Set of Reading Glasses:

The Illustrious Me....actually I'll skip the formalities and jump right to the point
This seems, at first glance, to be a solid-enough reason to vote for someone on Day 1. As many of us have noted, pings tend to be small for the first lynch. Now we know the Caillic was just expressing uncertainty about his vote, which was totally innocent.

However, the timing of this explanation pings me pretty sharply. Again, no reason was given for the vote, and this was produced when asked for. It concerns me quite a bit. Now for Bronwyn's response, with a bit of setup. In a previous post, Bronwyn had mentioned her intent to randomize among possible candidates unless something else came up, then after Queran gave his reason for her vote, this:
"This seems, at first glance to be a solid enough reason to vote for someone on Day 1". Well, thank you. I thought it was a much better reason than say, randomizing or something. Though the phrase "at first glance" seems to segue into "Now we know Caillic was just expressing uncertainty about his vote which was totally innocent." You seem to be holding me accountable for hindsight? We Moonlit Tropics Krackens are a powerful bunch, but clairvoyant? No. We know now things about Caillac we did not know then. For example, we now know Caillac was a civvie.

As for my style of posting and my lack of reason giving for my vote:

You once again make it sound like it took me a while to give my vote a reason, like it was a swim-by vote. I was asked almost immediately after voting "why" and I almost immediately provided my reason. Two or three posts apart, I think.

I cannot speak for Mightyfoot, but my posting style is just to add flavor to the game. I had heard you gargoyles were a little "stiff", but I had thought the concept of fun was universal. I'm sure Mightyfoot emulated my behavior for kicks and giggles, though I cannot speak for her as I said.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Dilan Bluemoss wrote: I will confess that I have had..... feelings about Queran since the beginning, although I cannot as yet pin down why,

I am honored, yet I do not think I am your type.
Supervisor
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Brilliant analysis Gobnait!
Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:I have spent the morning looking at the lynch results, and the more I look the more I'm convinced the lynch was steered by baddies. First of all, Caillic was good and died. Secondly, all but 1 of the first 11 votes went to different people (and the 12th was Fane's illegal vote for Jorhan). I realize that this is partly because of the table system (lots of people couldn't vote for people who already had votes). However, as I mentioned during the lynch, spreading that much makes it really easy (especially on Day 1!) for baddies to come in a drop a deciding vote without looking any worse than anyone else. Caillic got 3 of the last 6 votes, which seems an unlikely high proportion to be civ-related, given how spread the rest of the votes were.
I thought this was very interesting, and you inspired me to go back and take a closer look at the poll, and the order in which the votes flew in. Half of the last six votes for Caillic is certainly cause for suspicion, and a major one. However, I do wonder if the mafia would take the risk of so blatantly band-wagoning on day 1. It seems a pretty desperate move, and the only reason I can think of would be to save a fellow baddie. Jorhan had three votes (one of them illegal), and Gaerwen had two at the time. I don't think I'm ready to put either of them down as mafia at this point, but it's certainly worth keeping an eye on them.

I'm sorry for this book, I know you're busy people. To summarize, based on the above evidence I believe very strongly that Queran is bad, and I don't exactly feel great about Bronwyn either. If they do both prove bad, Jorhan is a likely compatriot, but that's still extremely speculative. Thoughts?[/quote]
Extremely well summarized, and I think you have built a fairly strong case against Queran and Bronwyn.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Sorry, I messed up the quote! :|
Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:I'm sorry for this book, I know you're busy people. To summarize, based on the above evidence I believe very strongly that Queran is bad, and I don't exactly feel great about Bronwyn either. If they do both prove bad, Jorhan is a likely compatriot, but that's still extremely speculative. Thoughts?
Extremely well summarized, and I think you have built a fairly strong case against Queran and Bronwyn.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Sorry for the triple post, but Gobnait's analysis has got my adrenaline flowing! :D

Another point about Bronwyn that I thought was worth mentioning. At the beginning of night 1, she urged the princess to check her statements (that she had no BTSC, wasn't a baddie, etc.) At the time, it seemed a very civilian thing to do. However, after reading up Gobnait's argument, I got to wondering: why would a townie want another townie to waste their power checking a townie, instead of suspected mafia? It also comes across as a preemptive defense, since I don't recall Bronwyn being top of anyone's list at the time. She had voted for Caillic, and Bronwyn's post came soon after it was revealed that we had lynched the sleeping beauty.
Management
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:To the Esteemed Pile of Rocks With An Amusingly Large Set of Reading Glasses:

The Illustrious Me....actually I'll skip the formalities and jump right to the point

"This seems, at first glance to be a solid enough reason to vote for someone on Day 1". Well, thank you. I thought it was a much better reason than say, randomizing or something. Though the phrase "at first glance" seems to segue into "Now we know Caillic was just expressing uncertainty about his vote which was totally innocent." You seem to be holding me accountable for hindsight? We Moonlit Tropics Krackens are a powerful bunch, but clairvoyant? No. We know now things about Caillac we did not know then. For example, we now know Caillac was a civvie.

You once again make it sound like it took me a while to give my vote a reason, like it was a swim-by vote. I was asked almost immediately after voting "why" and I almost immediately provided my reason. Two or three posts apart, I think.

I cannot speak for Mightyfoot, but my posting style is just to add flavor to the game. I had heard you gargoyles were a little "stiff", but I had thought the concept of fun was universal. I'm sure Mightyfoot emulated my behavior for kicks and giggles, though I cannot speak for her as I said.
Queran, my concern was primarily that your reason wasn't in your vote post, as is customary, and that it wasn't posted until after you were asked. Although you are correct that you posted your reason shortly after voting, I am still worried that it may have been produced after you were asked for it.

And let it never ever be said that the Lady of the Gargoyles, Scarer of Birds from Battlements, Reader of Large-Print Books, Granite Gargling-Gargoyle, was ever against fun! I appreciate your and Bronwyn's humorous contributions. I just thought, given the way Bronwyn's vote went, that mentioning all similarities between you may have been of use. I forget who it was, and for that I apologize, but I believe that as early as Day 1 you were accused of having a high post count but contributing little of substance. I'm somewhat inclined to agree with that person.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

An observation from the Purple Sea Elves: The rush to sacrifice Caillic by those at the Peace Table came shortly after Jorhan received his second vote. It is therefore possible that Jorhan is one of our enemies, and that some or all of Queran. Bronwyn and Carmen (all of whom I found somewhat shady on Day 1) intervened to protect their fellow fiend. Far from certain, but a possibility nevertheless.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Linki with Shand: I hadn't thought of that, but having the Princess check a townie on purpose does seem a waste of time. On the other hand, why ask to be checked if you are bad? You'd be caught right away! Another instance where I'm flummoxed by Bronwyn's strategy no matter what side she's on. That does make for two preemptive defenses in a row though (the first being holding her vote on Day 1 despite being unlikely to be lynched). If nothing else she seems confused and paranoid to me.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:
Queran Gloomsoul wrote:To the Esteemed Pile of Rocks With An Amusingly Large Set of Reading Glasses:

Queran, my concern was primarily that your reason wasn't in your vote post, as is customary, and that it wasn't posted until after you were asked. Although you are correct that you posted your reason shortly after voting, I am still worried that it may have been produced after you were asked for it.

And let it never ever be said that the Lady of the Gargoyles, Scarer of Birds from Battlements, Reader of Large-Print Books, Granite Gargling-Gargoyle, was ever against fun! I appreciate your and Bronwyn's humorous contributions. I just thought, given the way Bronwyn's vote went, that mentioning all similarities between you may have been of use. I forget who it was, and for that I apologize, but I believe that as early as Day 1 you were accused of having a high post count but contributing little of substance. I'm somewhat inclined to agree with that person.
I think I've contributed a great deal more since. And I promise I'll keep my voting reasons inside the voting posts from now on. :lorab:
Supervisor
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:Linki with Shand: I hadn't thought of that, but having the Princess check a townie on purpose does seem a waste of time. On the other hand, why ask to be checked if you are bad? You'd be caught right away! Another instance where I'm flummoxed by Bronwyn's strategy no matter what side she's on. That does make for two preemptive defenses in a row though (the first being holding her vote on Day 1 despite being unlikely to be lynched). If nothing else she seems confused and paranoid to me.

I found Bronwyn's defensiveness after receiving a single vote odd as well. Almost everyone received a vote on Day 1 and no one else responded with such vigor.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Ameerah Frolicstag wrote:Sorry for not being around. I've been dealing with some righteous headaches for days now and it's addled my brain.
I've had some bad headaches myself. Can't figure out why.

But something else you said before that...
Ameerah Frolicstag wrote:Love the twist to the day one poll! This will making voting very interesting indeed!
I like a twist myself. A twist of lime or lemon. Sure.

Thing is, I don't get the interesting part from you. You got one vote (from our dear princess, who woke up for the sole purpose of voting for you!) and you didn't defend yourself or vote at all.

Finally, there's this damning piece of evidence:
Ameerah Frolicstag wrote:I choose Table of Happiness! :bounce:

The seating chart diagram is the best thing ever!

Feel better Roxy! I'm sending big hugs your way!
bea wrote:OMG - I *just* now realized! You even sat me on the correct side of the table!!!!!! I am left handed so I always have to sit at the far end so I don't bump elbows whilst I'm eating. :fiesta: :faint: :notworthy: :hug:
Lefties unite!
You chose happiness and yet you're left handed?
The Day 1 poll was interesting--only being allowed to vote a specific set of people is unusual and thus interesting to me. 'Twas a shame I wasn't around to participate in the Day 1 discussion.

As for receiving a vote Day 1, I was not around at all. I made a post early in the day, became very ill and missed all of Day 1 and part of Night 1 (today is actually the first day since Monday that I haven't had a headache). When I read back, I saw the reason Caillic voted for me was simply because I was the last to sit at the Happiness table...not sure what I need to defend there?

And are you saying lefties aren't happy!? Lefties rule!
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Ameerah Frolicstag wrote: And are you saying lefties aren't happy!? Lefties rule!
Let's just say there's a reason why the Latin word for "left" is "sinister."
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Dilan Bluemoss wrote:
Ameerah Frolicstag wrote: And are you saying lefties aren't happy!? Lefties rule!
Oh, lol, I didn't think of that reason. :haha:
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Ameerah Frolicstag wrote:
Dilan Bluemoss wrote:
;)

Will you tell us whom would have gotten your vote?
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Dilan Bluemoss wrote:
;)

No idea, to be honest.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Dilan Bluemoss wrote:
;)

The Purple Sea Elves are offended at the Djin's incorrect use of "whom" and suggest he should stick to the more crude language his kind seem comfortable with ;)
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 10

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Dilan Bluemoss wrote:
Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:Linki with Shand: I hadn't thought of that, but having the Princess check a townie on purpose does seem a waste of time. On the other hand, why ask to be checked if you are bad? You'd be caught right away! Another instance where I'm flummoxed by Bronwyn's strategy no matter what side she's on. That does make for two preemptive defenses in a row though (the first being holding her vote on Day 1 despite being unlikely to be lynched). If nothing else she seems confused and paranoid to me.

I found Bronwyn's defensiveness after receiving a single vote odd as well. Almost everyone received a vote on Day 1 and no one else responded with such vigor.
That's what I've been saying as well. Good points on the princess checking, too. Also, there's this:
Actually, as the gypsies well know, it is the mafia who wants the vote as spread out as possible so that it only takes a few votes to lynch a civv.
Which seems to sync up with her vote-holding behavior from the first lynch. If votes were spread out, her vote for me may have been enough to push me over the edge and save herself.
dunya
Turnip Head
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Dilan Bluemoss wrote:
Dilan Bluemoss wrote:
;)

The Purple Sea Elves are offended at the Djin's incorrect use of "whom" and suggest he should stick to the more crude language his kind seem comfortable with ;)
I beg your pardon, elfish one, but if I spoke the language of my people, all within earshot would perish.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Jorhan Poisondart wrote: Which seems to sync up with her vote-holding behavior from the first lynch. If votes were spread out, her vote for me may have been enough to push me over the edge and save herself.
But Bronwyn didn't vote for you, she voted for Caillic, perhaps in an effort to protect you.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

We do rule, but we're also unhappy! Lefties tend to fall on either end of the IQ bell curve. There's also evidence we're more cretive and that our brain halves work better together than righties'. However, we have higher rates of depression, alcoholism, suicide, and deaths by accident than righties.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:
We do rule, but we're also unhappy! Lefties tend to fall on either end of the IQ bell curve. There's also evidence we're more cretive and that our brain halves work better together than righties'. However, we have higher rates of depression, alcoholism, suicide, and deaths by accident than righties.
:sigh:
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

Dilan Bluemoss wrote:
;)

No idea, to be honest.
Do you have an idea for today, especially since we are evidently free to vote as we like?

Speaking of no voting restrictions, what was the purpose of the night poll? I must admit to being a little nervous seeing that I was one of only three people to go to grandma's house.
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Kent Brockman »

EBWOP: My second question is for anyone.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

I suspect the castle won the poll, since the most people voted for it. The host post was a story having to do with castles. The Purple Sea Scribes have been combing the message for some sort of clue, but as yet have come up empty handed.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Saito »

Dilan Bluemoss wrote:

I am in the car so this will be short. I am used to games where you expected to respond if you are voted for with reason. The vote for me was not random. Also I am not paranid or cofused. Someone said I was shady and I'd appreciate pulling a quote that illustrates that because I dont understand that comment. Finally I only offer my statement for the princess to show I'm telling the truth. She need not check it if there is someone more suspicious.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

That was certainly a very insightful post, Gobnait! I will be spending most of the day reading over Bronwyn, Carmen and and Queran to see which of the 3 stands out to me the most.

And based on Dilan's mention of it, I think Jorhan will also be reread by the Puppet Magicians today to see what we uncover on him. But needless to say, it seems we have much more to go off of today than we did yesterday. And I applaud that.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

The more I think about it, the more Jorhan seems like the obvious candidate to vote for. It would be foolish for the wicked among us to draw attention to themselves by voting for the same person unless they had to in order to shield one of their own. Therefore, if Jorhan is not evil, it seems unlikely that Bronwyn, Carmen and Queran would be evil either.

Does this make sense, or am I way off base?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

It makes sense to me. But like I said, the Puppet Magicians have decided that it would be best to read over each of these individuals again before we come to a decision. I do agree your logic is sound though.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

So I've been making a game of guessing who all of your real identities are and so far I'm not doing too shabby. :feb:

Anyway, I'm really here to just say, yes, I am alive, even though I am very busy, so if you have any concerns at all that you feel would best be handled by me, please do not hesitate to send me a PM. :) And that I am sad I have to miss out on all this fun because this game seems to be a blast!
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Dilan Bluemoss wrote:The more I think about it, the more Jorhan seems like the obvious candidate to vote for. It would be foolish for the wicked among us to draw attention to themselves by voting for the same person unless they had to in order to shield one of their own. Therefore, if Jorhan is not evil, it seems unlikely that Bronwyn, Carmen and Queran would be evil either.

Does this make sense, or am I way off base?
I think this makes a lot of sense. If I remember correctly I mentioned Jorhan briefly in my first post. I would say that personally I'm way less sure of him than Queran or Bronwyn, because I haven't found any thread evidence against him like I have against those two, but I do think that based on the votes alone he's very likely to be bad if some of them are.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Snapshot »

the case against jorhan is very strong. vote orders for the win!
Reporting

Return to “Previous Jobs”