Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 13

Moderator: Community Team

Have you cleaned up your sock account and returned it unharmed to your Hosts?

Yes
75%
No, not yet but will soon
No votes
Nope cuz we hosted/Bea/Roxy/Ser Sockinthestone
25%

Total votes: 16
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 3

Post by Operator »

I apologize for not participating much today; work has been brutal, and I haven't been able to give the game as much time as it deserves. I've read through and enjoyed the eloquent, well-thought out recent posts. Unfortunately, and this could also have to do with my shattered confidence -- I really believed Jorhan would flip bad -- I'm still not getting any strong pings. What also makes my hands a bit shaky as I move it towards the vote button is Bac's idea that there may be another secret baddie team lurking. If this is correct, then our situation looks very bleak indeed, and we most certainly need to choose our target wisely today.

Right now, I'm fairly certain that Gobnait is a townie (else, he's the best baddie I have ever played against), and I'm feeling good about Bac as well. Despite the Jorhan debacle, I still feel uneasy about Queran, but that may just be because of his style. His eloquence and verbosity I appreciate more than anyone else's in the game, and at the same time, it's these same qualities that also make me a bit apprehensive about his agenda. I certainly don't have anything concrete against him though, and while I don't feel comfortable voting for him today, my eyes are ever set on him.
Ameerah Frolicstag wrote:Mainchin - Table switcher. First to propose the idea that there is at least one mafia at each table and that the hosts may have decreed that. Says he will likely randomize Day 1, then ultimately decides to vote for a low poster, Gaerwen. He defends Laine here when Laine began taking heat for his posts and vote Day 1. He has a couple of posts defending Gobnait (maybe buddying up to him??). And I was somewhat bothered by his post here. At the end he says he will try to find some time to read back and form some opinions of his own, but barring that will vote for "the most satisfactory argument from my esteemed fellow creatures." To me this reads like a nice little set-up for being able to place the blame on someone else's case if a civvie gets lynched again.
Thank you for the synopses Ameerah, that helped me a lot. I've my eyes on all the three players you mention (Mainchin, Laine, and Carmen). Of the three, I find Mainchin the most interesting at this point, especially coupled with the point that Rhinfrew brought up earlier. Mainchin voted for Miyuki at a point when Jorhan was all but sure to be lynched. This could be a simple baddie tactic to stay out of trouble, knowing (as only a baddie can know) that the town would come after the Jorhan-voters when, eventually, it would be revealed that Jorhan was good. This is a minor ping, however, and truth be told, I'm almost as lost today as I was on day 1. I do have to vote soon because I don't know if I will be able to get on the internet before the poll closes. I will give it another hour or so, and hopefully a second read will bring something to my attention that I might have missed in my first. Failing that, I'm leaning towards a Mainchin vote today.
Management
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Lunatella »

Etain Royalskull wrote:
Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:I was sleeping so magnificently until that insolent cat rubbed against my lamp! :evileye:

Oh, not you Etain, the thrice-eyed! :blush:

I see there is much interpretation to be done, and much that requires my wisdom. Give me time.

Insha'Allah, a foe will fall this Day.
*meow meow meow*
You really haven't said hardly anything at all so far in this game and as far as I can tell you haven't voted in a lynch yet. Anything to add to the game in the way of thoughts?
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Shand Azureye wrote:I apologize for not participating much today; work has been brutal, and I haven't been able to give the game as much time as it deserves. I've read through and enjoyed the eloquent, well-thought out recent posts. Unfortunately, and this could also have to do with my shattered confidence -- I really believed Jorhan would flip bad -- I'm still not getting any strong pings. What also makes my hands a bit shaky as I move it towards the vote button is Bac's idea that there may be another secret baddie team lurking. If this is correct, then our situation looks very bleak indeed, and we most certainly need to choose our target wisely today.

Right now, I'm fairly certain that Gobnait is a townie (else, he's the best baddie I have ever played against), and I'm feeling good about Bac as well. Despite the Jorhan debacle, I still feel uneasy about Queran, but that may just be because of his style. His eloquence and verbosity I appreciate more than anyone else's in the game, and at the same time, it's these same qualities that also make me a bit apprehensive about his agenda. I certainly don't have anything concrete against him though, and while I don't feel comfortable voting for him today, my eyes are ever set on him.
Ameerah Frolicstag wrote:Mainchin - Table switcher. First to propose the idea that there is at least one mafia at each table and that the hosts may have decreed that. Says he will likely randomize Day 1, then ultimately decides to vote for a low poster, Gaerwen. He defends Laine here when Laine began taking heat for his posts and vote Day 1. He has a couple of posts defending Gobnait (maybe buddying up to him??). And I was somewhat bothered by his post here. At the end he says he will try to find some time to read back and form some opinions of his own, but barring that will vote for "the most satisfactory argument from my esteemed fellow creatures." To me this reads like a nice little set-up for being able to place the blame on someone else's case if a civvie gets lynched again.
Thank you for the synopses Ameerah, that helped me a lot. I've my eyes on all the three players you mention (Mainchin, Laine, and Carmen). Of the three, I find Mainchin the most interesting at this point, especially coupled with the point that Rhinfrew brought up earlier. Mainchin voted for Miyuki at a point when Jorhan was all but sure to be lynched. This could be a simple baddie tactic to stay out of trouble, knowing (as only a baddie can know) that the town would come after the Jorhan-voters when, eventually, it would be revealed that Jorhan was good. This is a minor ping, however, and truth be told, I'm almost as lost today as I was on day 1. I do have to vote soon because I don't know if I will be able to get on the internet before the poll closes. I will give it another hour or so, and hopefully a second read will bring something to my attention that I might have missed in my first. Failing that, I'm leaning towards a Mainchin vote today.
I have never ever voted for Myuki! :eye:
Lunalee
nutella
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Mainchin Ironbeast wrote:I have never ever voted for Myuki! :eye:
Good sir, I owe you a sincere apology! I confused you with the other M -- Miyuki, who was the one who voted for you, not the other way round! You indeed voted for Jorhan on day 2, and I take back what I mentioned in the previous post.
Management
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Shand Azureye wrote:
Mainchin Ironbeast wrote:I have never ever voted for Myuki! :eye:
Good sir, I owe you a sincere apology! I confused you with the other M -- Miyuki, who was the one who voted for you, not the other way round! You indeed voted for Jorhan on day 2, and I take back what I mentioned in the previous post.
That is quite alright dear fellow. :)
Lunalee
nutella
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Saito »

Laine Crystalsteam wrote:
Bronwyn Mightyfeet wrote:Thank you Ameerah for that synopsis. Maybe it would be helpful to know why Laine is still pinged by Queran when he even admits the case against her/him was based on Jorhan being bad, which he of course wasn't. Laine, what else are you seeing there?

And thank you Gobnait for answering my question. I am starting to lean civv on you.
Firstly, I'd just like to inform everyone that I am female.

As you say, and as I have said in my post, I don't think my suspicions of Queran are valid due to the Jorhan vote and realised that even as I was writing my post.
I'm glad I know to say "she" now - I'm so tired of him/her, s/he. I apologize because I misread your post. I didn't realize you were saying your suspicions weren't valid.
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

EBWOP: Not your post Laine, the summary post that I think Ameerah provided.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Ned Flanders »

Shand, you did have us switched, it was I who voted Mainchin. You said 'you had your eye on him all game, especially coupled with' the rhenfew post, which was of course misunderstood. Why had you been looking his way prior to that?

I did find the indecisiveness in his posts to be pingy, but he has been more forthright in this day. He indicates that he wants the votes to be spread a bit more today, so that if a townie is lynched, it may reveal the baddie. I am worried that if they are spread too much, Rumplestiltskin will be able to use his power to his advantage?
What say you all to this?
Assault
Saito
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Saito »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:Shand, you did have us switched, it was I who voted Mainchin. You said 'you had your eye on him all game, especially coupled with' the rhenfew post, which was of course misunderstood. Why had you been looking his way prior to that?

I did find the indecisiveness in his posts to be pingy, but he has been more forthright in this day. He indicates that he wants the votes to be spread a bit more today, so that if a townie is lynched, it may reveal the baddie. I am worried that if they are spread too much, Rumplestiltskin will be able to use his power to his advantage?
I'm still trying to figure out how spreading the vote would reveal the nefarious ones. How would that work exactly? Usually spreading the vote is to the nefarious one's benefit because people can be lynched with just a few votes. I have an open mind, I'm just still trying to figure out how it would work. Some days I am just dumb.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Bronwyn Mightyfeet wrote:
Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:Shand, you did have us switched, it was I who voted Mainchin. You said 'you had your eye on him all game, especially coupled with' the rhenfew post, which was of course misunderstood. Why had you been looking his way prior to that?

I'm still trying to figure out how spreading the vote would reveal the nefarious ones. How would that work exactly? Usually spreading the vote is to the nefarious one's benefit because people can be lynched with just a few votes. I have an open mind, I'm just still trying to figure out how it would work. Some days I am just dumb.
I am not sure why Mainchin suggested this, but maybe he thinks it would be easier to pin down who voted a possible townie out by looking at posts and comparing them to votes. I am not sure it would be helpful at all, due to the interference of Rumpel.

I have spent my day searching posts for leading questions that would require the use of repetition of certain words in a reply, but to no avail. Other than common mafia words, I've seen nothing.

I have noticed that both Lyle and Grutfud have been conspicuously silent today. Our townie silencer is gone, and I am not sure what to make of this.
Assault
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:

I am not sure why Mainchin suggested this, but maybe he thinks it would be easier to pin down who voted a possible townie out by looking at posts and comparing them to votes. I am not sure it would be helpful at all, due to the interference of Rumpel.

I have spent my day searching posts for leading questions that would require the use of repetition of certain words in a reply, but to no avail. Other than common mafia words, I've seen nothing.

I have noticed that both Lyle and Grutfud have been conspicuously silent today. Our townie silencer is gone, and I am not sure what to make of this.
I'm not sure I suggested spreading the vote. I merely commented that the vote may be spread due to what seems to be a lack of good suspects. I think a vote spread too thin would probably be bad. Or wouldn't it? I guess you'll be voting me again or has someone else caught your eye?
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Gosh time is running out and I am really not quite sure where my vote is going. Didn't get the time to study many posts. Will have to go on gut feeling I think.
Lunalee
nutella
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Kent Brockman »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:
Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:Miyuki, a moment of your time?

I understand your Day 1 vote for Mainchin Ironbeast. I do not understand your Day 2 vote. You made three posts during Day 2. Here they are in order:
Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:I am saddened by the loss of our fair sleeping beauty.

I must join the imps awaiting me in the woods, frolicking by the blossom streams, yada yada
Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:Rumple may well be a killer, but the nixie has secrets. The results of the first night poll may have played into the lack of a nightkill, but it seems more likely that one of those who neglected his civic duty found himself powerless. My vote will probably go to Jorhan today, unless a sound reason is put forth for the spreading of votes. In which case, I will look towards Carmen Brightsun.
Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:The imps want the divine mother nature's festivities to commence so I must vote.

No one is escaping my eye, but the waters of the cauldron are murky at present, and I must wait for them to clear. Meaning some folks talk alot. I tend to trust the more talkative players though, so it may be best if I stick with my day 1 suspect for this lynch. I looked at Carmen briefly for throwing the third vote on Caillic, but she also brought up suspicion against Jorhan, so I am backing off this for now.

vote Mainchin again
In the second post, you note that those who failed to vote lose out on power- a possible reason for the no kill Night 1. You say you would vote for Jorhan unless someone gave a reason to spread out. And if someone did that (I checked- no one did), you would "look towards" Carmen.

But then in the third post you voted Mainchin and implied that Mainchin is less talkative than Jorhan (which is demonstrably untrue), and strange to me since, at the hour of his death, Jorhan had said more than you had.

To put it another way, Witch, everything you've done seems to indicate that your statement "I tend to trust the more talkative players" is false...unless "talkative" has a meaning that this Djinn is unfamiliar with. :ponder: The most talkative among us (unfortunately) elected Jorhan to mount the pyre. You, late in the Day, voted again for the centaur without giving a clear reason for doing that. You only said why you didn't vote for Carmen (who, I believe, has had even less to say than Jorhan or Mainchin).

Your record makes no sense to me, unless Mainchin Ironbeast is foul, and when he is shown to be foul, you can point to when our enterprise was young as you assert your own innocence.
I will try to answer your questions, as I understand them. In the second post, I was responding to someone else who put forth the idea that people who missed the vote had also lost their night power. While that could have been true, the results of the night poll may have played into the lack of a kill. Meaning that using the no vote/no night power evidence as a reason for voting Jorhan could be okay, but not proof-positive.

Since I was not sold on Jorhan, I looked towards Carmen. While reading her posts, I came upon one where she also seemed to be looking to 'clear' Jorhan in her own mind. It seemed more like a townie thing to do at the time, so I dropped her as a vote choice for that day as well.

I returned to my day 1 ping of Mainchin, for his indecisiveness in voting. When I posted about this, he replied with a joke, and never really explained anything afterwards. It was not a major suspicion, but he did create doubt in my mind, that is still there.

As far as trusting the more vocal players, keep in mind that I am not speaking of players who are only posting jokey "I'm here!" kind of posts. While amusing, they don't inspire trust. Players who are actively questioning and putting forth possible cases, do tend to make me think they are actively hunting the bad.

I hope this answers you, if not, please ask again.
This Djinn appreciates your prompt response. I still have some lingering doubts about you, but for now let us sip the tea of harmony. :coffee3:

Only answer me this:

You said, "I was responding to someone else who put forth the idea that people who missed the vote had also lost their night power. While that could have been true, the results of the night poll may have played into the lack of a kill. Meaning that using the no vote/no night power evidence as a reason for voting Jorhan could be okay, but not proof-positive."

Do you have information regarding the Night poll, or is this mere speculation? If someone who could kill on Night 1 missed the vote, then that individual would lose the kill, correct? So would it not be prudent to scrutinize those who failed to vote on Day 1, especially those who have spoken but said little of substance?
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

The first thing that caught my eye way back on day 1 was Mainchin hoping that there was at least one mafia on each table. While not a big cause for suspicion, I think, it's worth keeping in mind. The hypothesis is that our enchanting hostesses informed team Rumpel to pick tables such that there's at least one on each, and Mainchin may have feigned ignorance in the thread by praying for something that he already knew to be true. It's interesting also that it was Queran who posted a defense for Mainchin regarding this. It was a solid, logical defense as Queran is indeed one heck of a speaker, but I still found it odd that someone else came to Mainchin's defense when quite a few people were pinged, and the original suspicion itself did have some merit, and was by no means illogical. But then, it's also worth mentioning that Mainchin has disagreed with Queran a few times since, and it doesn't appear they have BTSC.

The other thing on day one, and again this is a minor ping at best, was Mainchin's resistance to the idea of speaking in a foreign tongue to circumvent Rumpel's ability. In principle, I agree that doing so would have hurt open discussion in the thread, but the fact that he brought it up as soon as the idea was proposed is noteworthy, if not ping-worthy.

Thirdly, the indecisiveness that you mention, especially with regards to his vote on day one. First, it was going to be a random vote. Then Mainchin mentioned to Lyel that he was ready to vote for her, though, as far as I could see, he hadn't spoken of her before. It was you who called him out on this. Finally voting for another player entirely.

Long story short, I am on the border about Mainchin at this point, especially after I got your names mixed up. Suspicious enough to keep an eye on him, but not enough to vote.

I am sorry if you explained your vote on day two before, I might have missed it. Why did you think it a good idea to vote for someone who you knew was not going to get lynched? If you thought the case against Jorhan had no merit, why didn't you also try to convince fellow townies of your belief? I am not overly suspicious of you, but I will certainly appreciate if you respond to this little thing.
Management
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Celeste »

Mainchin Ironbeast wrote:
Etain Royalskull wrote:
Rhinfrew Flowingrass wrote:I was sleeping so magnificently until that insolent cat rubbed against my lamp! :evileye:

Oh, not you Etain, the thrice-eyed! :blush:

I see there is much interpretation to be done, and much that requires my wisdom. Give me time.

Insha'Allah, a foe will fall this Day.
*meow meow meow*
You really haven't said hardly anything at all so far in this game and as far as I can tell you haven't voted in a lynch yet. Anything to add to the game in the way of thoughts?
I have only been able to actually actively play since yesterday which consisted of trying to do a reread and trying not to become completely lost by the names. How are you folks doing that?

Like I said earlier, my only *ping* has been Carmen, as her reaction to the second civ death seems false to me. I'll go back and read her again if I have a chance before the lynch but I cant make any promises, as I'm also catching up at work which unfortunately has to take priority. Quite frankly, I'm happy to even have a ping to throw out there at this point.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Mainchin Ironbeast wrote:
Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:

I'm not sure I suggested spreading the vote. I merely commented that the vote may be spread due to what seems to be a lack of good suspects. I think a vote spread too thin would probably be bad. Or wouldn't it? I guess you'll be voting me again or has someone else caught your eye?
I just reread your wording, and I owe you an apology. It was my mistake, for thinking you were suggesting it rather than just making a comment. But no, I wasn't thinking of voting your way today, because you have been more open. I'm still reading and considering the cases made by others right now.

linki with Rhenfrew- no info, but I thought it worth considering that one group had a majority of votes and may have benefitted somehow. Or if a 'proper choice' had been pre-selected by the hosts, that group may have benefitted, or any group may have received punishments of sorts. I feel the polls are there for some reason. And yes to the next question as well, it would be wise to keep note of all who miss the votes. The missing kill could be directly attributed to that. But I wouldnt know how to consider either choice as proof-positive of anything, just things to keep in mind.

linki with Shand- I could easily see that Jorhan was going to be voted out, and there was a possibility that he could have been bad. So my vote was not necessary to lynch him, and since I had no way of knowing whether he was definitely good, I could not argue for him either. I also had no way of knowing whether Mainchin was definitely good or bad, but I still thought it wouldn't hurt to vote my own ping. It was my way of saying 'I am watching you Mainchin.'
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

You do bring up a good point about Queran defending Mainchin. :ponder: I missed that apparently, so I'm going to go back and look at that, while I'm here.
Assault
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Night 2

Post by Operator »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:RIP Jorhan, I will look back at the people you mentioned in your posts, with a better perspective.
Related to my previous question about your vote for a player who wasn't getting lynched, I also found the above post interesting. You posted this right after the lynch post. This seems to me to be a calculated move, deliberately not voting for a townie, and then when the lynch is done with, get right back at the townies for lynching one of their own. What were you, for example, hoping to get by looking back at people who Jorhan mentioned? Jorhan didn't have any BTSC.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:You do bring up a good point about Queran defending Mainchin. :ponder: I missed that apparently, so I'm going to go back and look at that, while I'm here.
But I also mention right after that Mainchin and Queran have disagreed over certain things on multiple occasions, and despite Queran's defense, they don't seem to have BTSC.
Management
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Well, it's getting near the time I need to vote and with no clear consensus yet. I think Carmen and Finnian are equally good candidates for a lynch at the moment. It worries me a bit that no one has defended either of them, because I can't help but wonder if someone with BTSC would be getting support from their team in this situation. However, on the merits of their own play (Carmen's inconsistencies and Finnian's 'cavalier' (good word, whoever that was!) disregard for polls), they could each merit my vote. I find the discussions around Laine and Mainchin interesting as well, though neither of them is likely to receive my vote today.

I also wanted to mention that Dallon has been MIA recently. I don't think it portends evil on his part, but someone had mentioned today's inactives and I thought he should be included.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Unfortunately I have run out of time, and need to vote now. I don't have any solid leads, and I will go with my gut, and the minor pigs I have about Miyuki for voting Mainchin in day two, steering clear of Jorhan. I am assuming this was done to use the "I didn't vote a townie, you did" argument. I admit I don't feel as confident about my vote today as I did on day two, and I was completely wrong on that one. I can only hope the town chooses well today.

I vote Miyuki.
Management
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

I just realised the poll was ending in one minute so voted Etain in a panic. Sorry, it was your low posting and no voting.
Lunalee
nutella
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Night 2

Post by Ned Flanders »

Shand Azureye wrote:
Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:RIP Jorhan, I will look back at the people you mentioned in your posts, with a better perspective.
Related to my previous question about your vote for a player who wasn't getting lynched, I also found the above post interesting. You posted this right after the lynch post. This seems to me to be a calculated move, deliberately not voting for a townie, and then when the lynch is done with, get right back at the townies for lynching one of their own. What were you, for example, hoping to get by looking back at people who Jorhan mentioned? Jorhan didn't have any BTSC.
The reason for this statement was because two other players had already commented on searching the posts of players who were dead. I agree with it. It's helpful to reread posts relating to dead people, but not always immediately. Do you disagree with this?
Assault
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Hang on the poll hasn't ended? Are my settings wrong?
Lunalee
nutella
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Mainchin Ironbeast wrote:I just realised the poll was ending in one minute so voted Etain in a panic. Sorry, it was your low posting and no voting.
I do believe the poll closes in another six hours. :haha: :D :)
Management
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Shand Azureye wrote:
Mainchin Ironbeast wrote:I just realised the poll was ending in one minute so voted Etain in a panic. Sorry, it was your low posting and no voting.
I do believe the poll closes in another six hours. :haha: :D :)
Yes. I had my timezone set incorrectly. Bugger. I would have had time to read more posts later and instead I probably made a bad vote. :WTF:
Lunalee
nutella
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Shand Azureye wrote:Unfortunately I have run out of time, and need to vote now. I don't have any solid leads, and I will go with my gut, and the minor pigs I have about Miyuki for voting Mainchin in day two, steering clear of Jorhan. I am assuming this was done to use the "I didn't vote a townie, you did" argument. I admit I don't feel as confident about my vote today as I did on day two, and I was completely wrong on that one. I can only hope the town chooses well today.

I vote Miyuki.
I don't mind the vote, but I should point out that no where have I said "I didn't vote a townie, you did". We can all mistakenly vote townies. I just try very hard not to, by sticking with whatever pings me.
Assault
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Have I been voting super early all game then? :disappoint:
Lunalee
nutella
Julinook
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 57
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Ameerah Frolicstag wrote: Carmen - Day 1 she seems to be defending Jorhan because she doesn't like the "random" votes for him and votes Caillic. Day 2 she says she wasn't defending Jorhan by voting Caillic and proves that by voting Jorhan. Then posts that she thought "we had this one right" re: Jorhan which seems odd based on her Day 1 votes. She later explains when questioned that she thought the cases seemed fair. The flip flop on Jorhan seems abrupt considering she explicitly stated she was leaning good on him Day 1...but she doesn't have many posts so it's hard to get a solid read on her.

It doesn't matter who was in the place Jorhan was. I thought it was crazy that players kept saying they were voting randomly but kept coming up with Jorhan. No flip-flopping here.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I just need to decide. Going with Finnian, because his total unwillingness to provide any suspicions whatsoever reminds me a lot of Queran. Speaking of whom, he never did come back and mention those other names he said he'd bring up, despite the fact that this lynch is vital if Bac's numbers are right and has required a lot of discussion.

I'm holding onto hope that Carmen may say something useful once the rl concerns she mentioned clear up.

Linki: Oh no, Mainchin! If you're civ we can't afford to have you throwing away panic votes because of clock errors! Can you give further insight into what made you go with Etain, who just joined us, rather than someone about whom we have information to go on?

Linki x2: Carmen, I think others found random votes for Jorhan strange as well. If I'm understanding Ameerah's point here, I think she's asking why vote him on Day 2 if you thought he was the target of a plot on Day 1, as you are implying?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Hmm, and Fane slipped a vote in there for Carmen while I was Linki'ed. Fane, I wish you'd have said something. I may have been persuaded to join you in voting Carmen, if only to avoid spreading votes too thin.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:I just need to decide. Going with Finnian, because his total unwillingness to provide any suspicions whatsoever reminds me a lot of Queran. Speaking of whom, he never did come back and mention those other names he said he'd bring up, despite the fact that this lynch is vital if Bac's numbers are right and has required a lot of discussion.

I'm holding onto hope that Carmen may say something useful once the rl concerns she mentioned clear up.

Linki: Oh no, Mainchin! If you're civ we can't afford to have you throwing away panic votes because of clock errors! Can you give further insight into what made you go with Etain, who just joined us, rather than someone about whom we have information to go on?

Linki x2: Carmen, I think others found random votes for Jorhan strange as well. If I'm understanding Ameerah's point here, I think she's asking why vote him on Day 2 if you thought he was the target of a plot on Day 1, as you are implying?
I had I thought but seconds to go and I had been considering voting Etain earlier due to not voting and not saying much. She since replied that she? had been busy and was trying to catch up. The name was still on my mind so I voted Etain. I was not too happy with the vote but panic does strange things.
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:Hmm, and Fane slipped a vote in there for Carmen while I was Linki'ed. Fane, I wish you'd have said something. I may have been persuaded to join you in voting Carmen, if only to avoid spreading votes too thin.
I briefly considered a Carmen vote. You are right, the votes are very spread at the moment.
Lunalee
nutella
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Celeste »

OMG. I wasn't here. Srsly. People don't follow this. Why would I not post if I was around to post?
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 2

Post by Ned Flanders »

bea wrote:Attention:

The hostesses have learned via their mystic spells and crystal balls that Etain Royalskull is currently having internet connectivity issues. It is our understanding that Etain is working frantically to correct this issue as he is really looking forward to playing this game. Please be patient with him while he gets this issue resolved.

Thank-you so much for your understanding. You may all enjoy some wine for your patience. :)

see...I can share.....sometimes.....
Assault
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 2

Post by Lunatella »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:
bea wrote:Attention:

The hostesses have learned via their mystic spells and crystal balls that Etain Royalskull is currently having internet connectivity issues. It is our understanding that Etain is working frantically to correct this issue as he is really looking forward to playing this game. Please be patient with him while he gets this issue resolved.

Thank-you so much for your understanding. You may all enjoy some wine for your patience. :)

see...I can share.....sometimes.....

Oh well. I forgot about that. All these long names.
Lunalee
nutella
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Mainchin's panic vote for Etain does not sit well with me. I understand having the wrong time settings (daylight savings always catches me up) but voting a low poster on Day 3 seems very weak. On top of him voting a low poster who the host said was having computer issues and that player just showed up to post during this day phase! Even doing a light reading of the thread I'd think that was hard to miss. And if you're going to go the low poster vote route, why not a low poster who has been around all game but won't contribute, like Finnian?

Just seems very odd to me.
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Ameerah Frolicstag wrote:Mainchin's panic vote for Etain does not sit well with me. I understand having the wrong time settings (daylight savings always catches me up) but voting a low poster on Day 3 seems very weak. On top of him voting a low poster who the host said was having computer issues and that player just showed up to post during this day phase! Even doing a light reading of the thread I'd think that was hard to miss. And if you're going to go the low poster vote route, why not a low poster who has been around all game but won't contribute, like Finnian?

Just seems very odd to me.
As I said quite clearly I thought I didn't have the time to go through the posts. I do now but it is too late. If you can't accept my mistake then I don't know what I can do.
Lunalee
nutella
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Young Lady »

Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:I just need to decide. Going with Finnian, because his total unwillingness to provide any suspicions whatsoever reminds me a lot of Queran. Speaking of whom, he never did come back and mention those other names he said he'd bring up, despite the fact that this lynch is vital if Bac's numbers are right and has required a lot of discussion.

I did say I'd offer my thoughts this afternoon, which it is now. But you know, you've not let faulty information stop you thus far so why start now :P
Supervisor
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Carmen Brightsun wrote:
Ameerah Frolicstag wrote: Carmen - Day 1 she seems to be defending Jorhan because she doesn't like the "random" votes for him and votes Caillic. Day 2 she says she wasn't defending Jorhan by voting Caillic and proves that by voting Jorhan. Then posts that she thought "we had this one right" re: Jorhan which seems odd based on her Day 1 votes. She later explains when questioned that she thought the cases seemed fair. The flip flop on Jorhan seems abrupt considering she explicitly stated she was leaning good on him Day 1...but she doesn't have many posts so it's hard to get a solid read on her.

It doesn't matter who was in the place Jorhan was. I thought it was crazy that players kept saying they were voting randomly but kept coming up with Jorhan. No flip-flopping here.
You went from saying you thought Jorhan was civvie and implied people were faking their randomly voting Jorhan Day 1, to pretty quickly voting for him on Day 2--seems like flip-flopping to me.

Also, only 2 players randomized their votes and got Jorhan on Day 1. And of those players, Fane's vote didn't even count because Jorhan wasn't at the table of people he was allowed to vote for. You make it sound like tons of people randomized and happened to get Jorhan. There were only 7 people at Jorhan's table, so it's not like the randomizing occurred out of 24 people.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Gob is right, the votes as they are now, are a field day for Rumpelstiltskin. :sigh:
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

I liked Dierdre's straightforward case on Laine, she found a ping and stuck with it. I don't totally trust Mainchin (I was trying until the vote on Etain), and he defended Laine earlier in the game, and because I don't want to spread the votes out further by voting Mainchin again, I'm going to vote Laine too.
Assault
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:I liked Dierdre's straightforward case on Laine, she found a ping and stuck with it. I don't totally trust Mainchin (I was trying until the vote on Etain), and he defended Laine earlier in the game, and because I don't want to spread the votes out further by voting Mainchin again, I'm going to vote Laine too.
That error may cost me dear.
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Hold your vote on Laine. I am sure she is civ.
Lunalee
nutella
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Sockys2023 »

Bac Wunderelin wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Bac Wunderelin wrote:たぶん、あなたはこの 1 つを試みる可能性があります:

http://imtranslator.net/

ホストはこれを投稿できない可能性があります言っていないので、 :shrug:
:(
プライベート メッセージにも言わない言っていません 場合はそれをやった私はしなかっただろうに :sigh:
Translates:
"I've done it I would not do if I'm not saying it is not said to be a private message :sigh:"
Bac Wunderelin wrote:
Gobnait Gingeruite wrote:Thanks for that translation, Eurolyvn. Bac, are yoy trying to say you think there are 2 civvies, and indie, and four baddies among the secret roles? If you're allowed, quote this paragraph if I'm right.

If that's true we are in big, big trouble. 8 baddies and 2 sk's, with 10 surviving civs (or 9 and an indy) by my count. We shouldn't be able to swing a stick without hitting a baddie right now. Numbers like that may make it hard to get consensus without baddie influence. Maybe it would be useful to talk about who does seem trustworthy as well, instead of just who to lynch

Queran, interesting that you're unwilling to mention other pings beside me.
それは推測です。しかし、はい、それはなぜ私は何度も繰り返して言っています。2 つの悪役チームと思います。

私はまた 2 つの民間人と民間人は可能性があることを同意します。
Translates:

"It's a guess. But, yes, why I'm telling you again and again it. I think the villain two teams.

Civilians and civilian The two agree that there is a possibility I also."
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Spooky Ghost »

I am likely leaning towards a Carmen vote again today myself, for the reasons others have mentioned.

I am open to other options, if a stronger case steps forward, but that is likely where my vote will go. I will be able to be here before the poll ends, so I can wait and see if anything else more noteworthy happens.

Lots of linki, let me catch up again...
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Mainchin Ironbeast wrote:Hold your vote on Laine. I am sure she is civ.
Ok. Thats pretty straightforward too. Anyone else who already has a vote that you would look at, besides me or Etain?
Assault
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

What about Grutfed Orangesprite? Not much from t5hat player besides a few non committal posts
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:
Ok. Thats pretty straightforward too. Anyone else who already has a vote that you would look at, besides me or Etain?
Carmen of Finnin maybe?

And even though Etain didn't have internet doesn't mean she can't be bad.
Lunalee
nutella
Lunatella
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Lunatella »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:
Carmen of Finnin maybe?

And even though Etain didn't have internet doesn't mean she can't be bad.
Lunalee
nutella

Return to “Previous Jobs”