Tree Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

What say you?

I enjoyed this game.
16%
I thought the tree I received in my role PM was beautiful.
14%
I didn't get a role PM, but the trees were still wonderful.
No votes
Why are you such a tree-hugging marmot?
16%
Thanks for hosting.
19%
I like beer and want to play Beer Mafia.
16%
I also like wine and think you should do Wine Mafia.
3%
This poll really needs an option with Ricochet's name in it.
16%

Total votes: 37
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Tree Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm torn on Diiny. I've stated my misgivings. Here are my misgivings about my misgivings:

1.) DrWilgy asserts Diiny did not entertain the possibility that he is town despite his lie -- I disagree. I think Diiny's initial reaction could easily be described as exactly that. Maybe he's making a move here, obviously he's lying but I don't want to interfere with his maneuver immediately in case he has something up his sleeve. That is entertainment of a town angle.

2.) Diiny's responses to Wilgy changed with the passing of time. DrWilgy thinks this is unlikely town behavior, and again I am not sure I agree. It does fall in line with the prior point -- if some part of Diiny thought Wilgy might be employing a gambit that didn't necessarily have to end in a bandwagon on him, then his initial reaction could viably be to stand back and let it develop. But when that doesn't change after a day -- Doc is still making the false claim of a red peek and still endorsing a lynch, Diiny's patience would have to wear thin and so would his ability to have any trust in the guy who is screaming at the thread to slaughter him.

I think there's a town angle for Diiny here. I'm not sure he handled this perfectly, but I also wonder how any of us would have handled the same scenario had Doc red peeked us instead.

Doc, how do you think you'd have responded if I had opened this game with an immediate red peek on you?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote:Wilgy, I think that's a shit ass way to get to the end of the day.

If you're not lying now, you should have ended up this fiasco way sooner. I think it twisted things, but hopefully, something good will come out of it eventually. I didn't think Diiny is bad before you came along with your gambit, and it coloured everything for me, so I'm taking my vote off. If it comes down to me against him in terms of votes, I'll put it on him again, but if not, I won't be voting him. The way he's handled everything today makes me feel good about him, and you were the real reason I voted for him.

Now, looking back at everything that has transpired, the person that worries me the most is Epi. At the risk of alienating the only person that seems to defend me this game, there was something about his defence that felt like he knew defending me might come handy later on, while not really getting involved in the Diiny lynch either way. I also think the Floyd lynch is too easy, but I was too engrossed in the Diiny debacle to pursue another line.

So for now, I'm moving my vote to Epi.
While I haven't voted for you, I have placed you low in my rainbow so I'll try to explain my gut. I want you to have the chance to influence my read of you in direct dialogue. I think this post displays pretty clearly the concern I have with you -- that you've seen any glimmer of town in Diiny's behavior but were still willing to join his bandwagon based on a very dubious claim of a red peek by DrWilgy. This seemed opportunistic to me, almost transparently so I admit, and I struggled to reconcile it with a town mindset.

Could you try to describe why you felt there was any chance of honesty in Doc's conduct?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by FZ. »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
FZ. wrote:Wilgy, I think that's a shit ass way to get to the end of the day.

If you're not lying now, you should have ended up this fiasco way sooner. I think it twisted things, but hopefully, something good will come out of it eventually. I didn't think Diiny is bad before you came along with your gambit, and it coloured everything for me, so I'm taking my vote off. If it comes down to me against him in terms of votes, I'll put it on him again, but if not, I won't be voting him. The way he's handled everything today makes me feel good about him, and you were the real reason I voted for him.

Now, looking back at everything that has transpired, the person that worries me the most is Epi. At the risk of alienating the only person that seems to defend me this game, there was something about his defence that felt like he knew defending me might come handy later on, while not really getting involved in the Diiny lynch either way. I also think the Floyd lynch is too easy, but I was too engrossed in the Diiny debacle to pursue another line.

So for now, I'm moving my vote to Epi.
While I haven't voted for you, I have placed you low in my rainbow so I'll try to explain my gut. I want you to have the chance to influence my read of you in direct dialogue. I think this post displays pretty clearly the concern I have with you -- that you've seen any glimmer of town in Diiny's behavior but were still willing to join his bandwagon based on a very dubious claim of a red peek by DrWilgy. This seemed opportunistic to me, almost transparently so I admit, and I struggled to reconcile it with a town mindset.

Could you try to describe why you felt there was any chance of honesty in Doc's conduct?
Basically, I felt that if as a baddie, Wilgy had zero reasons to act the way he did, assuming he'd go though with it, and as a civ, I thought he'd put a stop to it way before. I have to say, and you can believe me or not, that if I were a cop that got a red peek in this setting, I might have done exactly that, trying to confuse the mafia and making them hesitate to try and NK me for the chance I might be saved by the doctor. In my experience, scum pick up on hints way faster than townies do because they know what to look for, so if there was really a red peek, and I would only try to hint it, I think they would NK and get me out of the way. I thought there's a merit to what assumed Wilgy was trying to do.
The fact that I saw Diiny as civ other than that means nothing to me after my last game of almost saving all baddies. :shrug:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

The if in the first line should be omitted
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ, what about Diiny's behavior today makes him look good to you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I'm going to try writing it again, because I made too many mistakes:

"Basically, I felt that as a baddie, Wilgy had zero reasons to act the way he did, assuming he'd go though with it to the lynch, whereas as a civ, I thought he'd put a stop to it way before.
I have to say, and you can believe me or not, that if I were a cop that got a red peek in this setting, I might have done exactly that, trying to confuse the mafia and making them hesitate targeting me for a NK, at the risk I might be saved by the doctor. In my experience, scum pick up on hints way faster than townies do because they know what to look for, so if there was really a red peek, and I would only try to hint it, I think they would find it, NK me, and get me out of the way without me making sure a baddie went down before. I thought there's a merit to what assumed Wilgy was trying to do.
The fact that I saw Diiny as civ other than that means nothing to me after my last game of almost saving all baddies. :shrug:"

There, I hope it's easier to understand.

linki: I think his reaction to Wilgy after his reveal, is what I'd expect of a frustrated civ. Plus, like I said, there was never anything that felt that scummy to me in the first place.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 114

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm torn on Diiny. I've stated my misgivings. Here are my misgivings about my misgivings:

1.) DrWilgy asserts Diiny did not entertain the possibility that he is town despite his lie -- I disagree. I think Diiny's initial reaction could easily be described as exactly that. Maybe he's making a move here, obviously he's lying but I don't want to interfere with his maneuver immediately in case he has something up his sleeve. That is entertainment of a town angle.

2.) Diiny's responses to Wilgy changed with the passing of time. DrWilgy thinks this is unlikely town behavior, and again I am not sure I agree. It does fall in line with the prior point -- if some part of Diiny thought Wilgy might be employing a gambit that didn't necessarily have to end in a bandwagon on him, then his initial reaction could viably be to stand back and let it develop. But when that doesn't change after a day -- Doc is still making the false claim of a red peek and still endorsing a lynch, Diiny's patience would have to wear thin and so would his ability to have any trust in the guy who is screaming at the thread to slaughter him.

I think there's a town angle for Diiny here. I'm not sure he handled this perfectly, but I also wonder how any of us would have handled the same scenario had Doc red peeked us instead.

Doc, how do you think you'd have responded if I had opened this game with an immediate red peek on you?
"Odd... I didn't think there were two cops."
Is how I would've responded.

Now back to what I was doing previous...
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Since I have no reason to find Diiny bad now, it paints everyone else in a different colour. I'll have to read back, but I don't have time. Even Wilgy needs to be re-examined
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Enrique
Enrique wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Enrique wrote:wilgy what
What do you mean what?
"wilgy what" is about right i guess
I get the wuts.
Enrique wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:C'mon people it's not hard. Little button next to Diinys name click that, then hit submit.
I have a real hard time believing the cop would start with a "red" ID.
Enrique was actually the first to question the fact that the check was red.
Enrique wrote:It's not like you decide to get a red ID. lol, can you imagine that? "Host I would like the name of a baddie."

I voted for Diiny almost from the start and his replies just make him look worse and worse but yeah you're so blatantly lying I'm just trying to figure out why.
Enrique wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Lol, pretend I'm Diiny responding to you Enrique.
Enrique wrote:Diiny, is DrWilgy telling the truth?
No, I don't really understand his angle. I already am receiving a lot of pressure from Zebra, but now DrWilgy is pretending to be cop and adding onto that. I wish I knew why he would choose me over any other player to pretend he got a red check on.
I have no idea what's going on but this is hilarious.
This includes something I wanted to comment about. The question Enrique proposed to Diiny, why? why would he ask that unless he was trying to convince Diiny to call me a liar along with Enrique... because that's the only real purpose I can see behind this post. It just doesn't make sense. My snarky response was made because of the pointlessness of it.
Enrique wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:And the answer is...

BECAUSE HE'S SCUM!

woo!!
If you say so.

DrWilgy
Actually votes for me because he thinks I'm lying, lol
Enrique wrote:
motel room wrote:
Enrique wrote:

BECAUSE HE'S SCUM!

woo!!
If you say so.

DrWilgy
what does he stand to gain by lying right here on Day 1? Or do you think he's bussing?
Fishing out the real cop, would be my guess. Either way I seriously doubt that

1) He got to choose his peek.
2) He got a scummie.
3) It happened to be Diiny.

He's lying, and I don't see any way it's civ-motivated. I say lynch him today, worry about Diiny later.
How hard did you try to look for civ-motivations for my lie Enrique? Also, this is interesting that you would say worry about Diiny later. It's almost as if you are wanting to quiet down the Diiny conversation, last time I checked, conversation was a good thing.
Enrique wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Also, if I were mafia, drawing out the real cop by these means would be such an absurd Idea.

If that's the angle, the only situation where I see that working are:
1. a cop who isn't me, checked Diiny
2. The Diiny check was green
3. The cop felt that the green check was worth exposing them self for...

~ Or
1. a cop who isn't me, checked someone
2. That cop got a red check
3. That cop counter claims to prevent a possible civ mislynch WHILE lynching a baddie.

Meaning, I'm not mafia trying to draw out cop, rather I'm cop who got a day 1 red peek.

Yeah, MM pm'd me when he was setting up the chat boards.

Actually securing a baddie? do you understand how frustrating Pet Sounds was?
No, what? You're failing to mention... every single other option. You're drawing out the cop one way or another by claiming a red peek that is obviously false. Even if you're right about Diiny, that's guaranteed civ cred for the rest of the game + possibly having the cop nailed. The Mafia absolutely stands to win in this case.
This post also pings me. The thing is, Enrique also fails to mention... every single other option. I never saw how I was drawing out the cop, considering I've already outed myself, plus you forgot to mention my high chances of getting lynched if another cop were to flip. If I were to somehow out the cop, for sacrificing my own teammate, and then we kill the cop and they flip, how would I survive? It would be a team of 9 civs vs 1 mafia... why would I do that? this angle doesn't make sense...
Enrique wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Yo what?!? "Even if I'm right about Diiny?" Does that mean I'm not scum? Scum aren't right or wrong, they know who is civ and baddie, lol
You're lying, and you're not protecting anyone except yourself.
How am I protecting myself?
Enrique wrote:DrWilgy it's Day 1, why'd you have to make my head hurt like that?
And this is the weird part... I wanna know how others feel about this, Enrique decides to flip sides here after I posted random song lyrics and instructed him to look at the bigger picture... What did you catch that I missed Enrique? do you like 156?
Enrique wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Enrique wrote:I think Zeeb got him completely off-balance and he didn't know how to deal with the heat. I'm changing my vote back. Either way I feel like he's the safest option.

Diiny.
What makes Diiny the safest option?
He looks bad and he's not claiming a power role. If you were saying something before, and if I understood it right, then I definitely think this is the way to go.
Here's something... Kinda outside the realm of reaction, but here it is, why should Diiny claim a power role? what purpose does that serve? are you trying to encourage role outing? especially when most players should have no knowledge of there even being roles in play?
Enrique wrote:Diiny was going one way or another, as far as I can tell you're the only one voting for him because Wilgy said so.

He's hooking the doctor. That's true. You don't need to be good to do that. If the Doctor protects a scummie, that gives them free reign to kill whoever they want that night, plus the cred of a claimed role.

DrWilgy is definitely lying.
And now I'm a liar again, but he still chooses to go with Diiny seeing it as inevitable. This contradicts the Wilgy now, Diiny later from earlier... I don't understand why.
Enrique wrote:I think "postpone LYLO" is a weird way to put it, btw. We're lynching baddies because that's the goal of the game... not to postpone anything.
Tis be a good point, but doesn't really change anything... another off reaction response here. Postponing Lylo is technically all we can do until there is one mafia remaining. It is only at that point we can win.
Enrique wrote:Because that draws out ALL the opposition. That civ cred will allow him to coast through the rest of the game unopposed, AND, he might just hook the real cop and get rid of him ASAP.

I think Diiny is bad so it's better we lynch him today anyway. The point is that, whatever Wilgy's trying to do, he's not being transparent.

linki- you're missing the point, FZ. Diiny was going one way or another. DrWilgy "outing" himself did nothing for that case, in fact, it's only looking to split the vote more.
Enrique wrote:I don't believe in red peeks. A cop coming out fully with a green peek on Day 1 would be straight up dumb. Wilgy is lie etc etc
More he's a liar liar
Enrique wrote:
Unless he's a crazy bastard
Boom.
kek
Enrique wrote:Diiny should still be lynched. But not because DrWilgy says so.
So something I've noticed here... Enrique states that Diiny is bad, more so than I even though I'm lying, but as I'm cruising through his posts... It seems that he's never explained his vote or why Diiny should be lynched over me.
Enrique wrote:I want to hear YOUR opinion on Diiny.

For the record, I've always been perfectly okay with a Diiny lynch. Wilgy did look more dangerous for a bit, but really, as long as we get a bad guy today there's no rush. Lynching DrWilgy is taking too big a risk atm when we know so little about what he's trying to do.

I think Diiny is scum. I think DrWilgy most likely is but until Diiny is gone, we don't want to lynch him.
This is unsettling... I can't imagine why you would see my lynch as a risk. Enrique, who has stated that I am a liar more than anyone else in this game so far, thinks that my lynch is risky for him.

Generally what I see in Enrique, is that he is willing to call out my shenanigans, but he won't commit to anything himself, other than "Lets lynch Diiny!" I can see a mafia angle in this, one where we lynch Diiny, Diiny flips green, and Enrique pushes my lynch after. Also, based upon this, and Enrique's obsession with the possibility of me lynching my own teammate, I don't think Enrique or Diiny should be given leniency if one of the two were to flip bad. I would be ok with an Enrique vote today, not as much as Diiny though.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm kind of annoyed you have come out so town, Doc. Makes my green peek on you seem less useful.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Doc's review of Enrique brought me to this post.
Enrique wrote:
motel room wrote:
Enrique wrote:u first tiger
right, i'm suss of you because of your little hop away from your Diiny vote to voting Wilgy after his cop claim, to getting back on Diiny. Reads like you didn't know where to sit and now have a theory involving them both being scum.
I want to hear YOUR opinion on Diiny.

For the record, I've always been perfectly okay with a Diiny lynch. Wilgy did look more dangerous for a bit, but really, as long as we get a bad guy today there's no rush. Lynching DrWilgy is taking too big a risk atm when we know so little about what he's trying to do.

I think Diiny is scum. I think DrWilgy most likely is but until Diiny is gone, we don't want to lynch him.
:ponder:

The highlighted bits seem a bit inflated to me -- as in they assign importance and seriousness to something that I don't think needs to be viewed that way. Why is lynching DrWilgy a "big risk" by comparison to lynching the guy he claimed to red peek when most of us thought it was a lie anyway?

Moreover, Enrique has been entertaining the notion that Doc and Diiny are both Mafia, which makes me wonder what he thinks Diiny's lynch would reveal about Doc that he hasn't already implied. If Diiny flips town, his suspicion of Doc can persist for obvious reasons (he lied about a red peek and pushed hard for an errant lynch). If Diiny flips mafia, then his suspicion of Doc can still persist based on his own exploration of the bussing possibility.

So I'm not sure this post aligns nicely with Enrique's own stated mindset.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Can I say that I'm now really not a fan of the fake peeks strategy? I think all it's doing it diverting conversation and attention from genuine feelings. We could just as well decide that every day, each of us names a person they trust. If the cop dies, we know who he trusted without him outing himself during the game. And we don't have to suffer the pain of your silly fake peeks.

By the way, wouldn't it be in the mafia's best interest to keep the cop alive as long as the other townies don't know he's the cop? That way, the civvies can't narrow things down...
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Arbitrary theory: the people who were the quickest to verbalize the assumption that Doc's red peek was a lie are more likely to be mafia than the ones who reacted slower. The former is representative of people who have a vested interest in determining who the cop is if anyone, and without any means of privately communicating with team mates the only thing mafia members can do to speculate about the cop hunt is literally do it publicly.

The ones who waited a bit longer would have been the ones giving Doc the space to employ his maneuver without interference -- this implies those people must see at least some town potential in the obvious false peek.

This does not account for the players who didn't think it was a lie though. motel room and FZ would seem to fall in this category.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote:Can I say that I'm now really not a fan of the fake peeks strategy? I think all it's doing it diverting conversation and attention from genuine feelings. We could just as well decide that every day, each of us names a person they trust. If the cop dies, we know who he trusted without him outing himself during the game. And we don't have to suffer the pain of your silly fake peeks.

By the way, wouldn't it be in the mafia's best interest to keep the cop alive as long as the other townies don't know he's the cop? That way, the civvies can't narrow things down...
It is never in the mafia's best interest to keep the cop alive. In the base champs setup (9 vanilla town, 1 cop, 3 mafia), the lifespan of the cop is often the deciding factor in who wins the game. Eliminating him is priority number one for any mafia team with experience in this setup because too many peeks from him/her can literally preclude them from winning mathematically.

I can understand the peeks being annoying, but I encourage you to give it a chance. My initial reaction was negative too, but I've seen how these games can be blown wide open with the objective evidence they produce. It isn't a perfect method, but it's proven and I support it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
FZ. wrote:Can I say that I'm now really not a fan of the fake peeks strategy? I think all it's doing it diverting conversation and attention from genuine feelings. We could just as well decide that every day, each of us names a person they trust. If the cop dies, we know who he trusted without him outing himself during the game. And we don't have to suffer the pain of your silly fake peeks.

It is never in the mafia's best interest to keep the cop alive. In the base champs setup (9 vanilla town, 1 cop, 3 mafia), the lifespan of the cop is often the deciding factor in who wins the game. Eliminating him is priority number one for any mafia team with experience in this setup because too many peeks from him/her can literally preclude them from winning mathematically.

I can understand the peeks being annoying, but I encourage you to give it a chance. My initial reaction was negative too, but I've seen how these games can be blown wide open with the objective evidence they produce. It isn't a perfect method, but it's proven and I support it.
I see what you're saying, but why is it better than just giving one name you trust? If I understood correctly, the idea of the fake peeks was to throw off the mafia while allowing the cop to leave his crumbs. Is that not right?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote:I see what you're saying, but why is it better than just giving one name you trust? If I understood correctly, the idea of the fake peeks was to throw off the mafia while allowing the cop to leave his crumbs. Is that not right?
It's a means of expressing trust for another player. That trust might be born of a typical read, or it might be born of an actual peek. It's imperative that the cop's peeks be plainly known to everyone in the event of his/her demise to prevent errant lynches on people who've been ID'd town. It's also imperative that the cop be able to leave that information in the thread without self-exposure.

Seriously, give me a hand here. :eek:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

There's been a lot of talk about Floyd's relative inactivity. I think we should acknowledge his more recent substantive post.

I do appreciate that Floyd seems to have enough conviction to state clear stances on players, even if he is seconding the stances offered by someone else before him. I think he looks comfortable in this post, and that's not something I would have said about his content in Talking Heads. It's a small point, but I'll take anything I can get mang.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
FZ. wrote:I see what you're saying, but why is it better than just giving one name you trust? If I understood correctly, the idea of the fake peeks was to throw off the mafia while allowing the cop to leave his crumbs. Is that not right?
It's a means of expressing trust for another player. That trust might be born of a typical read, or it might be born of an actual peek. It's imperative that the cop's peeks be plainly known to everyone in the event of his/her demise to prevent errant lynches on people who've been ID'd town. It's also imperative that the cop be able to leave that information in the thread without self-exposure.

But if so, what I'm suggesting is exactly the same. Do you read what I say? How about you give me a hand here?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

But if so, what I'm suggesting is exactly the same. Do you read what I say? How about you give me a hand here?
If we agree then there's not much else to say. :beer:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The site keeps crashing here, I'm not sure if it's just me.

I have to go soon, there's no way I'll be available at EOD. It's at 2:18 a.m. my time and I work day shift now. I'll leave the best reasoned vote I can manage but the rest is up to y'all.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:The site keeps crashing here, I'm not sure if it's just me.

I have to go soon, there's no way I'll be available at EOD. It's at 2:18 a.m. my time and I work day shift now. I'll leave the best reasoned vote I can manage but the rest is up to y'all.
It's not just you. The site does keep going down.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Yeah, it's not just you, JJJ.

I need to go to sleep too. I'll be here for only a few more minutes because I'm still waiting for a call. If anyone wants to ask something or discuss. I don't feel like Diiny is bad, but after last game, I have no idea what my feelings are worth. For all I care, you can all lynch me too. I feel like I'm speaking a different language than other people this game. :sigh:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Something to know FZ, it's not hard for a cop to claim when the game is solved. It was either I claim now and bank on doc helping me out while I check people, or I wait until the game is completely solved. Getting to a point where more green checks than non-checks/mafia so we can vote off the unchecked until we win.

Waiting to claim is too passive, so I chose the former rather than the later.

Motel Room and FZ are next... Not looking forward to yours FZ.

JJJ, and FZ, if you feel that we should Lynch Enrique, I'd join you.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny, inspire me before I leave if you're around.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:JJJ, and FZ, if you feel that we should Lynch Enrique, I'd join you.
How do you feel his behavior in this game compares with what he did in Pet Sounds? I ask because I didn't pay enough attention to that game to have my own opinion.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

They have been included in the OP.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

What a riveting turn of events.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:They have been included in the OP.
:clap: :beer:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DFaraday wrote:The conversation really hit the ground running in this game. And here I thought tree Mafia would be more easygoing. :p
DFaraday's contribution to Tree Mafia so far.

Yikes
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Friends can you please look at Motel Room's ISO and tell me it isn't the pingiest, short posty, pointless question psuedo effort ISO of all tahhhhm?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:JJJ, and FZ, if you feel that we should Lynch Enrique, I'd join you.
How do you feel his behavior in this game compares with what he did in Pet Sounds? I ask because I didn't pay enough attention to that game to have my own opinion.
My tunnel vision hat was on too much for me to have noticed him sadly. What I did notice post game is that he stated a lot of forgettable things, such as "everyone get in here and discuss" rallies. Also, I try to not meta players when it comes time to decide a lynch (this is coming from the guy who actively tries to abolish his own meta by doing stupid shit).

Linki - I can, something at least Motel Room is willing to do is put his opinions out in the open. Motel Room was the first to call out Enrique on some of the things we are noticing now.
Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Motel Room is the bad guy I am most sure of. DFaraday's 1 post is a scum not being bothered to get into the game yet. The third scum is either Diiny or Epi.

If I can get a posse to lynch Motel Room I would be pretty psyched.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, I'm mentally exhausted and super tired, but I need a break, so I'm here.

I'd love to talk with some folks in real time, since I can't take a break for TOO long, but I have a lot of thread to read so I'll catch up and post thoughts as I go as well.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm considering an Enrique vote. I think he owns the game's most suspicious post to this point (highlighted by Doc and me).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
My tunnel vision hat was on too much for me to have noticed him sadly. What I did notice post game is that he stated a lot of forgettable things, such as "everyone get in here and discuss" rallies. Also, I try to not meta players when it comes time to decide a lynch (this is coming from the guy who actively tries to abolish his own meta by doing stupid shit).

Linki - I can, something at least Motel Room is willing to do is put his opinions out in the open. Motel Room was the first to call out Enrique on some of the things we are noticing now.
I dispute that his opinions are genuine. Always saying the most obvious thing in an alien tone.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm considering an Enrique vote. I think he owns the game's most suspicious post to this point (highlighted by Doc and me).
I cannot dispute the read other than to say that this enrique reads different to scum enrique we lynched in Star Wars.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:Friends can you please look at Motel Room's ISO and tell me it isn't the pingiest, short posty, pointless question psuedo effort ISO of all tahhhhm?
I see a guy taking some stances, in some cases unpopular ones and/or with decent conviction. I don't think his effort bears the appearance of filler. If I were to put up another rainbow right now I might even green him.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Friends can you please look at Motel Room's ISO and tell me it isn't the pingiest, short posty, pointless question psuedo effort ISO of all tahhhhm?
I see a guy taking some stances, in some cases unpopular ones and/or with decent conviction. I don't think his effort bears the appearance of filler. If I were to put up another rainbow right now I might even green him.
Well he sure has you mooked. Nice play Room.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Well he sure has you mooked. Nice play Room.
:shrug:

Maybe you can rescue me from this savage mooking. Point to specifics in his ISO that bring you to your perspective.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Room's posts are grey and they smell like ashes.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I will Jimbob just gotta get ready for work.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I gotta go in like the next ten minutes. You should still do that, but I can't promise I'll be around to engage you on it before Day 2.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I gotta run. Posting now before it crashes again. :p

I endorse a lynch of Enrique.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, I started to read and I'm not absorbing anything I'm reading and I just dozed off for a minute, so be back in a couple of hours after a nap. Sorry folks. I'll make sure to be here before EoD.

Also, I realize the site has been acting up, so I've contacted Bluehost to figure out what's going on.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Motel Room
motel room wrote:
Enrique wrote:

BECAUSE HE'S SCUM!

woo!!
If you say so.

DrWilgy
what does he stand to gain by lying right here on Day 1? Or do you think he's bussing?
Motel Room starts with inquiry.
motel room wrote:We're not even 24 hours into Day 1. I don;t think a Diiny lynch was a "given" at a few hours into the game (before Wilgy's claim).

Wilgy, have you played an infodumping-allowed game before?
More inquiry.
motel room wrote:
Enrique wrote:Any other thoughts, motel room?
I will say that I agree with you that I think it's unlikely that there was a successful scum peek. I will also say that I'm considering voting for you today.
Points out that there's a good chance of me lying.
motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
motel room wrote:
Diiny wrote:Essay over, feeling GOOD. NO STRESS. let's GO, boys. I haven't read the thread. Ask me questions. throw your shit. Because you're not lynching me and wilgy's lying
Why would he be lying?
Does this revelation about peek mechanics mean anything to you:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Look at me, I'm a lurker! What a wild new world!

Anyway, pre-game peeks are randomized and always on townies. Unless MM adapted some new variety of peek which can be chosen for this game, Wilgy is lying about his red peek. I am reading the thread to indicate however that his false red might have been correctly placed, because I have been pretty underwhelmed with the way Diiny has handled it. He's been tame -- patience isn't necessarily a problem, but there's been no bite in his fight. No exasperation, no frustration, no emotion -- not what I would expect from any townie being called a red peek before it's even possible to be a red peek.

The fun thing is: DrWilgy's lie doesn't preclude him from being the cop. Or from being vanilla town. This is a setup that promotes controlled lying from townies and I am struggling to find a realistic mafia angle to explain what he's done. Well that's why he's doing it, JJJ!. Could be, but I don't take that first step of WIFOM without inspiration.
I think Wilgy seems town - cop claim legit regardless atm. If he's town and taking a stab in the dark, well then.

I want to know what Diiny does.
Motel Room's was short and sweet, from what I can see he seems to be interested in my play, and wanted to play off of it. His ideas so far have matched mine with few exceptions. Something that I'd point out here though, I get the feeling that his vote for FZ may have been a high tempo vote. Be it a high tempo vote for civ favor, or mafia favor, I'm not too sure. Maybe it's just a bad gut feeling though, I tend to read Room's posts in a scummy voice and that may be tipping me.

Zebra btw, nice avatar
a2thezebra wrote:DrWilgy, stop trying to intoxicate us with the wine por favor

@Diiny While I appreciate that you elaborated on your (supposed) thought processes with those posts I mentioned, I still don't buy it. Sorry. Bedtime for me too.
Zebra noting that my play is all WIFOM...

and...
actually that's it! woo! EZ!
Zebra denotes my play as WIFOM, and stays away from it. Rather get involved with me, Zebra looks at how players responded to my lie.
Zebra, you are a beautiful human.

Next up is... Sorsha? C'mon! I wanna do FZ!!!

Sorsha
Sorsha wrote:Ok.. I think I'm caught up.

I thought "peeks" for the cop were of another civ player or does it depend on the host? The rules of this game don't specify.
Questions Mechanics...
Sorsha wrote:
FZ. wrote:Out of all the votes on me, Sorsha's seems the most opportunistic. I said that the exact reason I'm choosing to trust Wilgy's information is the fact that in the game she's talking about, I almost saved the baddie because I was looking anywhere but the obvious information. It was a bad game on my part, but in my defence, the roles weren't as simple as this game. The fact that Sorsha chose to ignore my post and just latch on my other posts, makes me :eye: her big time.
:ponder: I suppose I should give you credit for not playing like you did in that game.

I don't believe that wilgy got a peek at a baddie though.
Rejects the idea of a baddie peek...

Sorsha... Sorsha, Sorsha, Sorsha... Basically there's not enough for me to judge here...
Carry on everyone!
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Ooh yay!! FZ is next! just in time for dinner... I'll be back!

Also... JJJ that's a death flag...
Image Image Image
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 232

Post by Diiny »

Show me this motel room post that pinged you out Mac
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Ok, back! Moving my vote to Enrique for now, and working on FZ.
Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Enrique »

this is me rn

Wilgy you're full of shit and I look forward to lynching you tomorrow. I'm out rn but I'll be back in like an hour prob.

Anyway, you're full of shit.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”