Tree Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

What say you?

I enjoyed this game.
16%
I thought the tree I received in my role PM was beautiful.
14%
I didn't get a role PM, but the trees were still wonderful.
No votes
Why are you such a tree-hugging marmot?
16%
Thanks for hosting.
19%
I like beer and want to play Beer Mafia.
16%
I also like wine and think you should do Wine Mafia.
3%
This poll really needs an option with Ricochet's name in it.
16%

Total votes: 37
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 114

Re: Tree Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by DrWilgy »

Enrique wrote:this is me rn

Wilgy you're full of shit and I look forward to lynching you tomorrow. I'm out rn but I'll be back in like an hour prob.

Anyway, you're full of shit.
Lol, does this mean you aren't NK'ing me?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 125

Post by Epignosis »

Diiny wrote:EBWOP: scratch that, all he said about floyd was a joke post about him saying he wouldn't be playing mafia. It's weird.
I wasn't joking.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 59
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Just a friendly reminder that the day period ends in 2 hours. Get your votes in!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Enrique »

If Wilgy dies tonight I'll allow myself to be lynched without any opposition tomorrow. It's not gonna happen, of course, because Wilgy is baaad to the boooone. Either that or he's actually the worst civ ever. I'll give him a little more credit than that.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 125

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:In fact Epignosis, I would state that your own reasoning for a Floyd vote is not far removed from randomization, something you openly loathed on Day 1 of Talking Heads (rightfully so in my opinion). I don't think you have the content at your disposal to make a confident read on Floyd, and that means you're intention is to punish him for chronic inactivity instead of his actually being suspicious -- the result of that lynch is left to chance just like a randomized vote because there could be no conviction (as far as I can see) for either a mafia or town read on Floyd at the time of your vote.
I don't agree with your assessment of my vote. Have you ever voted someone to get that person to post more content?

There you go. M.O. solved.
FZ. wrote:Now, looking back at everything that has transpired, the person that worries me the most is Epi. At the risk of alienating the only person that seems to defend me this game, there was something about his defence that felt like he knew defending me might come handy later on, while not really getting involved in the Diiny lynch either way. I also think the Floyd lynch is too easy, but I was too engrossed in the Diiny debacle to pursue another line.

So for now, I'm moving my vote to Epi.
Why would I defend you if a defense of you wouldn't come in handy?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, I'm back, and actually awake. Going to try re-reading from the beginning now, though it'll have to be quick.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DrWilgy wrote:Also, you non-cops, shouldn't listen to MP. I'm assuming he's scum along with Diiny, so anyone who accidentally gives a "fake" green check on a mafia member gets cleared as not a cop, or someone they won't kill. Cop hunting 101. Regardless, I'm right here and I wonder if they will kill me N1.
Shouldn't listen to me?

I said this:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Yay game!

Who wants to throw out peeks?
Intended to discuss whether we should throw out peeks.

So... what do you mean?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 114

Post by DrWilgy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Also, you non-cops, shouldn't listen to MP. I'm assuming he's scum along with Diiny, so anyone who accidentally gives a "fake" green check on a mafia member gets cleared as not a cop, or someone they won't kill. Cop hunting 101. Regardless, I'm right here and I wonder if they will kill me N1.
Shouldn't listen to me?

I said this:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Yay game!

Who wants to throw out peeks?
Intended to discuss whether we should throw out peeks.

So... what do you mean?
Continue reading friend. If you still don't understand afterwards I will adress.

Enrique your wine... Get that away from me! Too sour and not classy!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Got it. Think I'll finish reading before I respond to any of these posts, since I still have a lot to go.

Normally, I'd love the shit out of this activity (we've already beaten Pet Sounds!), but I hate that I haven't had the time to take part in it.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I'm 100% serious btw. If Wilgy dies tonight I will ask to be replaced. I won't make another post on the thread. I'm out completely. I feel stupid for even entertaining the idea that he was trying to do something good. Wilgy is the worst of the worst.
ImageImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 232

Post by Diiny »

Here and not here. Enrique, you're certain about wilgy but your vote's on me. We know he's not cop or at least that his read isn't real because there's no such thing.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

And I'm really loving the melodrama btw
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

If lynching him becomes a real possibility, I'll gladly change my vote.
ImageImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

I want to understand what you think wilgy's plan/particular brand of scumminess is, help me out. Because his plan seems bizarre from any angle, scum or town.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Man, MP's day one really is full of nothing. I appreciate that real life can be a bitch but I'll be much happier if there's something substantive before the deadline.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Diiny wrote:Man, MP's day one really is full of nothing. I appreciate that real life can be a bitch but I'll be much happier if there's something substantive before the deadline.
:(

I know; I feel terrible about not being able to play remotely to my full potential. Hopefully Day 2 will be much better, assuming I'm around and not too busy.

I probably should have not signed up and waited until the following game after I was officially done for the semester, I guess.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

I'd throw Jay in with FZ about be kinda wishy washy with their read on me but he feels a tad more genuine, plus he sounds a lot more like he's defending me at times which makes it less likely that he's bad.

One thing that stood out to me: When analysing floyd, jay said he'd 'take whatever he cool' for a town floyd read. I'd like him to explain this before I comment on it. I know he won't be back before the deadline but it's not THAT pressing.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Diiny wrote:Man, MP's day one really is full of nothing. I appreciate that real life can be a bitch but I'll be much happier if there's something substantive before the deadline.
:(

I know; I feel terrible about not being able to play remotely to my full potential. Hopefully Day 2 will be much better, assuming I'm around and not too busy.

I probably should have not signed up and waited until the following game after I was officially done for the semester, I guess.
Real life is always gonna get in the way ;_; I think you should ask yourself how to use this small amount of time to its full extent, though. I think it would help town out if you just got down some stances firmly.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:At a glance, I think I award more town points to Zebra than Diiny in light of their exchange so far. I pointed to one ping for Diiny already, and Zebra's hardball and narrow interrogation/accusation methods are key to her early game town style (in my limited experience playing with her at least).
GTH I disagree. I'm feeling better about Diiny than zebra so far.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I'm trying to decide whether DrWilgy or Enrique should be my pre-game peek. I don't want to lynch either of you guys.
I mean, you may just get a green check.

I'd go with me though, Gambler's Fallacy, but Enrique was Mafia last hiest... I don't think he's mafia again.

My check order right now is:
Diiny
Checking MP Night 1
Checking Mac Night 2
Wait, what?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique wrote:
motel room wrote:
Enrique wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:And the answer is...

BECAUSE HE'S SCUM!

woo!!
If you say so.

DrWilgy
what does he stand to gain by lying right here on Day 1? Or do you think he's bussing?
Fishing out the real cop, would be my guess. Either way I seriously doubt that

1) He got to choose his peek.
2) He got a scummie.
3) It happened to be Diiny.

He's lying, and I don't see any way it's civ-motivated. I say lynch him today, worry about Diiny later.
Enrique wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Enrique wrote:I think Zeeb got him completely off-balance and he didn't know how to deal with the heat. I'm changing my vote back. Either way I feel like he's the safest option.

Diiny.
What makes Diiny the safest option?
He looks bad and he's not claiming a power role. If you were saying something before, and if I understood it right, then I definitely think this is the way to go.
Enrique, what changed your mind between these posts?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Couldn't help myself from responding as I go, apparently. Still more to read.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DrWilgy wrote:Diiny before you go, do tell me what you think of MP's plan.

I agree with Zebra, FZ you are bad.
Why do you keep calling the peeks/fake peeks my plan? XD
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I thought he was hinting at actually being the doctor, which he pretty much just straight up denied ("nonsense lyrics") and leaves me exactly where I was before. DrWilgy is a liar and he's bad.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:Wilgy has a 3.85% chance of being a cop.
Yay, math Epi is back!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm irritated at Bluehost.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique wrote:I thought he was hinting at actually being the doctor, which he pretty much just straight up denied ("nonsense lyrics") and leaves me exactly where I was before. DrWilgy is a liar and he's bad.
DrWilgy seems to always say "I am most certainly (not) a doctor!" every game; is that what you're referring to?

I've never heard of a n0 peek being red, so I don't know why anyone would entertain Wilgy to be telling the truth.

I'm confused as to why FZ. followed it. I'm also confused as to why FZ. thinks I would put in more effort so far as mafia, despite her second post saying I've been "caught" posting too much as mafia before. My posting frequency is not indicative of my alignment.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Enrique
Diiny wrote:I want to understand what you think wilgy's plan/particular brand of scumminess is, help me out. Because his plan seems bizarre from any angle, scum or town.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

lol how am I winning this lynch, I honestly think some of you guys are just stubborn
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm voting FZ. for now, still catching up though. I don't like what I'm seeing from her so far.
FZ. wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
FZ. wrote:Wilgy, I think that if you're lying and you're not bad, it is seriously fucked up to lynch someone like you're doing now.
Even if I did think Diiny was bad?
You never gave any reason to why you thought he was bad, and I'd get it if it went just so far, but most of the day has revolved around this issue. I think it's coloured every decision made in the game. If you were lying as a civ, and a civ is lynched, the next people to get lynched are civvies as well, I'm pretty sure about it, and we end up getting 3 civvies dead by the end of next day. I think that's a lousy risk.
Please tell me if you were lying. I think the "scheme" has been going long enough.
To take a page out of the Epi book, why is "I think" there in the underlined sentence? Either Wilgy's behavior has colored her decisions made or not, and I think (lol) she would which is the case.

Then there's her response to zebra:
FZ. wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
FZ. wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
FZ. wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:And I need to make it clear and more vocal that there's a difference between being wrong for being wrong and being wrong for being bad.
WTF does that supposed to mean?
You're only trying to justify your Diiny vote as being based on Wilgy's claim because it's easier to pull off as genuine than faking a reason why you think he is actually bad or at least inconspicuously parroting everyone else that does.
This is ridiculous. Either Wilgy is telling the truth or not. If he is, then I find trusting him to be the best thing to do. Since you're not voting Wilgy, I'm assuming you think he's lying about knowing for a fact Diiny is bad. If that's the case, you should be a lot more worried about him than you are me, but don't let logic confuse you.
It is not ridiculous, and you demonstrated why my suspicion of you is warranted in this very post. Your trust in Wilgy is an act. If I disagreed with it and nothing more then that's what I would be talking about, but I'm not talking about that. You say that if Wilgy is telling the truth, then trusting him is the best thing to do. Right. If he's telling the truth. It doesn't make sense to trust someone if you're not sure whether or not they're telling the truth, yet not only do you trust him, you're not even trying to make the case here that it's more likely that he is in fact telling the truth than not. Sure there's been discussion that you've been a part of as to what his motivations could be, but at the end of the day you're willing to admit that you don't know. I agree; either Wilgy is telling the truth or not. I'm undecided on the matter, and as I mentioned earlier, I'm not interested in the wine overload. If you were saying that you're willing to trust Wilgy because you think he is telling the truth, that would be different. If you were saying that you're not willing to trust Wilgy because you think he isn't, that would also be different. But you're putting your trust in him despite not knowing that he is being truthful or not, and that's scummy. Here's why.
FZ. wrote:Whoa, you people managed to talk a lot while I was sleeping. It's a good thing it's internet pages and not real paper. So many trees would die...

I have no idea what the hell Diiny wants from zebra. At some point, I lost interest in that conversation. I'm not sure I find Diiny suspicious for that, but this whole Wilgy Diiny craziness is interesting.
DrWilgy wrote:Also, for those of you who think I wouldn't use my check on Diiny vs someone else, Diiny killed me in TH. That was my reason for the check.

Ok Diiny. Since you can't get the fact that I checked you, what do you think of MP's plan?
Last game I was the cop and MP didn't ask me who I wanted to target on day 0, I just got a name and alliance. This is a MM game, so I'm not sure they work the same though.

But if Wilgy is the cop, I can't see him outing himself so blatantly, unless he figures that one in the bag is worth the risk, and if he tries to hint with subtlety, the mafia will know who he is anyway. This way, if there's a doctor out there, he'll know who to protect.
Not sure I buy this theory myself, but the other possibility is that Wilgy is just trying to stir the game and encourage conversation. In any case, I like it a lot better than the Diiny-zebra back and forth
This is your first post. You express a lack of interest in my back-and-forth with me and Diiny as well as some waffliness about whether his responses are alignment-indicative...the same ones you lost interest in. Right. This pinged me a bit, but by itself it's far from damning. I think what's more worth noting is that this is the only post where you even mention Diiny until your fourth post where you decide for vote for him based on Wilgy's claim, and even in this post, you openly express seeing more value in analyzing Wilgy's big bowl of WIFOM. Considering that you're trusting Wilgy enough to vote for Diiny, you would think that you would at least show some amount of interest as to why and how Diiny might be bad, yet you are not only disinterested in this apparently confirmed scum's content, you are actively ignorant of it. And then there's the post that more or less confirmed your alignment:
FZ. wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:I did say he is my night 2 check didn't I?
Sorry, I missed that. I'll be voting Diiny for now. It sucks to go out this way, so I feel for him if he's really mafia, but I think this is a chance we need to take.
Even after your unwarranted trust in Wilgy, you still express waffliness in Diiny's alignment as you vote for him. A chance we need to take? That's what this boils down to. You're trying to give the impression that your faith in Wilgy is justified not because you actually think it is, but because that justifies your otherwise completely unjustified vote.
This is bullshit. I think I've made it pretty clear why I'm choosing to trust Wilgy. I think that all your theories make no sense, and it makes no sense for him to make something like this up. The more we discussed it, the less it made sense for him to fake it. His last two posts gave me a little scare, but his last one made me feel better again. Unless he's a crazy bastard, I don't see how this is fake, hence I'm following his vote.

You on the other hand, I have no idea what you're doing.

linki: Yeah, I'm an eager to buss baddie, you caught me
How would it NOT be fake? I believe that FZ. following Wilgy so blindly is disingenuous; it's unlike a civilian FZ. to blindly trust something that I've never heard of happening.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Thinking about it, FZ reacting the way she did to Wilgy is kinda scummy; she's scared of the cop, mafia doesn't want to get involved with that shit. Especially when it's a red read on a townie.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra wrote:Okay FZ, I was reluctant to call you out on misrepresenting my argument when it comes to what exactly I think Wilgy is doing in this game in the last post I made, because I feel like I call people out on that too often when it's not true and/or warranted. But this is just too much. Let me go back and take a look at your magnificent concoction of assumptions and straw man arguments.
FZ. wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
FZ. wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:And I need to make it clear and more vocal that there's a difference between being wrong for being wrong and being wrong for being bad.
WTF does that supposed to mean?
You're only trying to justify your Diiny vote as being based on Wilgy's claim because it's easier to pull off as genuine than faking a reason why you think he is actually bad or at least inconspicuously parroting everyone else that does.
This is ridiculous. Either Wilgy is telling the truth or not. If he is, then I find trusting him to be the best thing to do. Since you're not voting Wilgy, I'm assuming you think he's lying about knowing for a fact Diiny is bad. If that's the case, you should be a lot more worried about him than you are me, but don't let logic confuse you.
Alright, so your assumption (and you even admit, it is in fact an assumption) that I think Wilgy is lying stems from me not voting for him? I could write a piece that Ayn Rand fanboys would appreciate based on how illogical that assumption is, but I'll move on instead.
FZ. wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:This is most likely because he's your teammate but it's still a valid hypothesis even if he's somehow not.
I must be really dense today, because I swear to god, I'm not understanding half the players this game.

Two options I've seen brought up:

1. Enrique: Wilgy and Diiny are bad. The former is throwing the latter under the bus by fake claiming something that the real cop knows is not true.

2. Zebra: Wilgy is lying, and taking the most stupid risk I've ever seen someone take (it's not like he can use some excuse that his actions got redirected or whatever) which will be discovered the minute Diiny is lynched, and I'm following him because it's easier to show I'm trusting him instead of finding a real reason to suspect someone.

I'd like to call at least one of you bad, but these theories seem so far fetched that I can't possibly think a baddie would be that crazy to try and pin them on people.
So to recap, you've gone from an assumption about one of my hypotheses based on me not voting for a particular player, to representing that assumption that you have made as an "option" that you've seen me brought up. Calling this misrepresentation wouldn't even do this justice anymore. This is lying, plain and simple. I don't think Wilgy is lying and I don't think he's telling the truth either. As I've already made clear earlier, what Wilgy is doing is pure WIFOM to me that could go too many different ways to make any assumptions about, which makes it all the easier for baddies such as yourself to use a fake perspective on what he is doing to your advantage. And you are not following him, you are faking following him. If you can't see that aspect of my argument then that means you've most likely been caught red-handed, because bottom line, that IS the argument itself.
Elaborate upon this.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Crazy theory: I think zebra and FZ. are mafia teammates.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Crap, I'm running out of time, and I really need to get back to studying. Speedreading now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Look at me, I'm a lurker! What a wild new world!

Anyway, pre-game peeks are randomized and always on townies. Unless MM adapted some new variety of peek which can be chosen for this game, Wilgy is lying about his red peek. I am reading the thread to indicate however that his false red might have been correctly placed, because I have been pretty underwhelmed with the way Diiny has handled it. He's been tame -- patience isn't necessarily a problem, but there's been no bite in his fight. No exasperation, no frustration, no emotion -- not what I would expect from any townie being called a red peek before it's even possible to be a red peek.

The fun thing is: DrWilgy's lie doesn't preclude him from being the cop. Or from being vanilla town. This is a setup that promotes controlled lying from townies and I am struggling to find a realistic mafia angle to explain what he's done. Well that's why he's doing it, JJJ!. Could be, but I don't take that first step of WIFOM without inspiration.
Why would you expect exasperation given the italicized? I disagree. I think not only does this depend on the individual, but also that Wilgy's red peek is so apparently a gambit that it doesn't warrant any exasperation.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra wrote:Yup, definitely taking the role of observer for a while.
I don't like this post. At all.

If you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the kitchen. I struggle to see why a civilian zebra would want to dial back her participation.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:[
a2thezebra wrote:My work here is done. If the rest of town doesn't see the value in your lynch, that's their problem at this point.
Of what value is this post?

Finally, in the end of the zebrashit post, FZ. lays out a pair of scenarios and a2z calls her a liar. I don't understand that at all.
Precisely part of the reason I believe it is a fabricated (distancing) interaction.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Perhaps an important tidbit for those attempting to understand Wilgy MD: mafia private communication is only permitted during the night phase, meaning there has been none of it yet. If he's a bad guy who is just goofing around to see what he can get away with, he is doing so without giving his team mates any prior warning. They'd be forced to react live to his behavior just like the townies, and that's a difficult position to put them in.
While I don't disagree, could this not also be an advantageous mafia strategy? In a game such as this (13 players, 1 mafia team), perhaps the hardest aspect of the game for the mafia is keeping their reactions and posts as genuine-seeming as possible.

I remember rundontwalk saying he specifically avoids BTSC with his mafia BTSCmates for this reason.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

With that said, I'm tentatively town reading Wilgy as well.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Enrique wrote:I thought he was hinting at actually being the doctor, which he pretty much just straight up denied ("nonsense lyrics") and leaves me exactly where I was before. DrWilgy is a liar and he's bad.
DrWilgy seems to always say "I am most certainly (not) a doctor!" every game; is that what you're referring to?

I've never heard of a n0 peek being red, so I don't know why anyone would entertain Wilgy to be telling the truth.

I'm confused as to why FZ. followed it. I'm also confused as to why FZ. thinks I would put in more effort so far as mafia, despite her second post saying I've been "caught" posting too much as mafia before. My posting frequency is not indicative of my alignment.
No. Basically, I realized that DrWilgy being the Doctor was the only way his actions could make any sense while being a civvie. False claiming draws out the cop AND allows him to protect him, right? It's not a great plan but I literally can't think of any other reason a civ would lie so blatantly. He made some cryptic post about watching people in the night and I was like "huh, I get it." Turns out there was nothing to get.
Diiny wrote:Enrique
Diiny wrote:I want to understand what you think wilgy's plan/particular brand of scumminess is, help me out. Because his plan seems bizarre from any angle, scum or town.
The "crazy bastard" brand. Diiny, gonna be honest here, your reactions to Zebra on the first day looked bad as fuck to me. You took every single piece of bait anyone left, you had a pretty unsatisfying reaction to Wilgy's "outing" of you, and overall looked like a baddie that got got. You could be Wilgy's teammate and this could be some crazy tactic to get himself certified civ credit for the rest of the game, I don't know, but the only thing I'm sure about right now is that he's bad. I'm being very serious, and this goes out to you as well as MP, Sorsha and whoever else... if we can get enough votes on Wilgy, I guarantee you we will get a baddie.

linki- how?? How do Wilgy's actions make sense from a civvie perspective at all?
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:So I'm hitting 13 hours now that I've been working straight, and my stress levels are unreal (due to crunch of last minute stuff, Finals, trying to get an independent study class together, and frustration with one of my professors). I can't remember the last time I felt this overloaded (probably over the summer).

I'll see what I can do tomorrow, since I can't see myself quitting work tonight until I go to bed. Unfortunately my desire to play this game over Thanksgiving is being combated by sudden poor timing (and somewhat poor time management over Thanksgiving break) due to an incredibly stressful week or so ahead of me.
Do what you gotta do, mate. I don't have much time for this game either. Maybe it's for the best that this game be allowed to flourish without eight million MP/JJJ posts though, eh? ;)
Apparently, others are posting enough without us going all supatown!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

I think a push against a Diiny lynch here isn't a great idea. I and others had him as firmly scum well before Wilgy came along being Wilgy.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

MacDougall wrote:I think a push against a Diiny lynch here isn't a great idea. I and others had him as firmly scum well before Wilgy came along being Wilgy.
Which is why I'd much rather leave my vote there until I know Wilgy can be lynched. Because Wilgy is bad. Wilgy is very bad.
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

No. Basically, I realized that DrWilgy being the Doctor was the only way his actions could make any sense while being a civvie. False claiming draws out the cop AND allows him to protect him, right? It's not a great plan but I literally can't think of any other reason a civ would lie so blatantly. He made some cryptic post about watching people in the night and I was like "huh, I get it." Turns out there was nothing to get.
Diiny wrote:Enrique
The "crazy bastard" brand. Diiny, gonna be honest here, your reactions to Zebra on the first day looked bad as fuck to me. You took every single piece of bait anyone left, you had a pretty unsatisfying reaction to Wilgy's "outing" of you, and overall looked like a baddie that got got. You could be Wilgy's teammate and this could be some crazy tactic to get himself certified civ credit for the rest of the game, I don't know, but the only thing I'm sure about right now is that he's bad. I'm being very serious, and this goes out to you as well as MP, Sorsha and whoever else... if we can get enough votes on Wilgy, I guarantee you we will get a baddie.

linki- how?? How do Wilgy's actions make sense from a civvie perspective at all?
They don't make much sense to me personally; I would never pull such an obviously fake gambit, but that's just me. From what I've seen from hosting and playing with him, Wilgy likes to try new things, both as civilian and mafia.

So the gambit itself doesn't make me put him in one category or the other. Knowing that he purposefully has made such a gambit, GTH I see a genuine interest in Wilgy trying to solve the game, particularly when he was interacting with FZ. regarding his Diiny read.

I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm not rushing to condemn his actions as mafia. Old MP might have done that, but old MP learned a lesson the hard way earlier this year in Economics, where G-Man's behavior was so illogical (he posted only in pictures nearly the whole game, lied about being cursed to do so, finally stopped doing it and admitted he lied when I put enough pressure on him, but then continued to do it anyway, among other things). I branded him as 100% mafia and pursued him with the utmost confidence, only to find out he was civilian. My mind is still recovering from that crazy flip, and ever since it's made me hesitate to regard any crazy, illogical behavior as automatically mafia.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:I think a push against a Diiny lynch here isn't a great idea. I and others had him as firmly scum well before Wilgy came along being Wilgy.
Why are you confident in Diiny being mafia? I don't share your view.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

a2thezebra wrote:...

I think I've made my point with the FZ vote. Back to Diiny.
What point was that?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I don't have time to be analytic, but here's a rainbow based on my gut right now:

a2thezebra
DrWilgy
MovingPictures07

Sorsha
TheFloyd73
DFaraday
motel room
Enrique
MacDougall

Diiny
Epignosis
FZ

The names aren't in any order, just the colors.
Why were you town reading me based on my content at this point?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote:We interrupt this Mafia programme to bring you a special bulletin.

The MacDougall mega list of confirmed scum and confirmed townies

Confirmed townies;

1. Enrique
2. Zebra

Confirmed scum;

1. Diiny
2. FZ

Confirmed lame;

1. JaggedJimmyJay

Resume regular transmission.
Tell me this, Mac.

If you believe Diiny and FZ. are both confirmed scum, why do you openly support wagoning Diiny and not FZ.? Maybe I haven't caught up to a subsequent change of mind, but I'm asking nonetheless.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

I'm going to wait on my Motel Room ISO for a few reasons;

1. I am at work
2. I had a look at his ISO as much as I could and my scum read on him is really tone based and picky but I am quite confident in it so I have to try a bit harder when I have time
3. I won't be able to convince anyone to lynch him today based on this because if I'm right he's doing well
4. I want him to make more content
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Oh my god, the game develops.

;)

Enrique, look back. When zebra posted about the paradigm and I got mad, was that bait? Was I baited? Was she expecting someone to criticize her for talking about the paradigm? Was floyd being floyd bait? I appreciate that my interactions with zebra were bad and that it could seem like I didn't know how to react to wilgy. I've explained the latter and it's out of my hands whether you believe that. (that was me letting him have his ruse cruise before deciding that he wasn't doing what I thought he was doing/could have been doing).

I go hard often on day one. It's gotten me lynched as town (see the game I played before last, also it nearly happened in peanuts). I may have fucked up and overindulged in the tenet of antagonistic posting but I can't see the scuminess you're seeing.

Anyway, I was scared MP was gonna drift through this day and that ain't happening.

Return to “Previous Heists”