Tree Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

What say you?

I enjoyed this game.
16%
I thought the tree I received in my role PM was beautiful.
14%
I didn't get a role PM, but the trees were still wonderful.
No votes
Why are you such a tree-hugging marmot?
16%
Thanks for hosting.
19%
I like beer and want to play Beer Mafia.
16%
I also like wine and think you should do Wine Mafia.
3%
This poll really needs an option with Ricochet's name in it.
16%

Total votes: 37
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Tree Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by Ricochet »

holi shit
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 232

Post by Diiny »

a2thezebra wrote:The linkitis is in that last post I responded to is especially damning. You're trying to make it out like I'm certain that you are simply wrong as opposed to being certain that you're being deceitful. It makes you look better that way.
Or I interpreted your language in the way I thought would be most fitting with the way you've treated me thus far.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Spoiler: show
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Oh, and the formatting messed up. :mad:
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

motel room wrote:some things:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:*prolonged fart noise*

Good night y'all.
^ this was the same response JJJ had in RYM #82 after working a bullshit case on me, we argued, then I flipped town. Lest we forget.

Mac's hunger feels genuine to me.

My back is killing me, i must have slept on it wrong.
Wow, good spot. Eerily similar.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Motel room I feel like you're coasting

Gibe scum reads and town reads, and general reactions
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

I'm gonna see if he does stuff like that as town.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Man the zeb post is more broken that I realised. Can a mod fix it? I don't want to EBWOP it because it'll take up a bunch of room. I needed to take a small breather from the zeb situation but yeah I feel like there was a lot of deflecting onto me and shouting about me being scum instead of addressing my points and trying to really explain why I'm wrong. I don't like it.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

"balls"

--JJJ after town motel was lynched in peanuts

Ping fades away into the earth
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Just skimmed two pages of jay's posts backwards because I forgot it's like that here after trudging through rym

I think it's beddy byes for me!
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 76

Re: Tree Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by motel room »

a2thezebra wrote:This post, MP. WIFOM is a bridge, and when the WIFOM ends you're either on the side with town or the side against town. I saw this post and concluded that Wilgy was on the wrong side.
DrWilgy wrote:So I'm still out of town and don't have time to catch up before EOD. I have suspicions towards Diiny and FZ still. I don't feel comfortable with how close I am to being lynched, Diiny would you be willing to change off me to FZ? I will as well
zebra can you have one more go at explaining this? None of this reads like WIFOM to me. I don't get your explanation.

And Diiny, I see one actual point (that zebra switched vote to Wilgy) and a shitload of arm-waving.
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

Motel room who is bad who is good?
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

there's a lot of little separate shit going on that I want to get my head around but I'm somewhere like this right now:

MacDougall
MovingPictures07
Epignosis
sig
a2thezebra
TheFloyd73
JaggedJimmyJay
Diiny
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

sig wrote:
motel room wrote:
FZ. wrote:zebra, care to place a bet on me being scum? If you win, name your prize :p
FZ
Good to be playing another game with you motel don’t lynch me this time. Speaking of lynched why did you vote for FZ?
hi sig.

I voted FZ cos that seemed like a rash defence at a weird time and thought more pressure was the way to go.
sig wrote:
motel room wrote:
Enrique wrote:Any other thoughts, motel room?
I will say that I agree with you that I think it's unlikely that there was a successful scum peek. I will also say that I'm considering voting for you today.
Why?
He seemed like he was thrown at the "cop" reveal by Wilgy and read it as scummy. Turns out he was thrown but because he Was the cop.

You said in your other post that it was obvious he was the "seer". What do you mean by that? Did you actually see clues or are you just saying that to seem on the level?
sig wrote:
motel room wrote:
Enrique wrote:
motel room wrote:
Enrique wrote:Any other thoughts, motel room?
I will say that I agree with you that I think it's unlikely that there was a successful scum peek. I will also say that I'm considering voting for you today.
:flamed:

Anything else? On, you know, anything that's being discussed.
you don't want to know why I'd be suspicious of you?
Why not just say why your suspicious of him?
On day 1 I have two things - my rolecard and the penis swinging between my legs. Sometimes I just throw shit at ppl to see how they react and when he didn't seem to want to hear what he'd done to get me suss of him I figured he wasn't in a rush to get whatever potentially damning evidence I had seen in to the thread.
ImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 187

Post by a2thezebra »

I don't want to turn Diiny's shtick into a back-and-forth that clogs up the thread. His most recent response is not making me feel better about his alignment because he hasn't said anything new.
motel room wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:This post, MP. WIFOM is a bridge, and when the WIFOM ends you're either on the side with town or the side against town. I saw this post and concluded that Wilgy was on the wrong side.
DrWilgy wrote:So I'm still out of town and don't have time to catch up before EOD. I have suspicions towards Diiny and FZ still. I don't feel comfortable with how close I am to being lynched, Diiny would you be willing to change off me to FZ? I will as well
zebra can you have one more go at explaining this? None of this reads like WIFOM to me. I don't get your explanation.

And Diiny, I see one actual point (that zebra switched vote to Wilgy) and a shitload of arm-waving.
That's the point, the post I quoted was when Wilgy STOPPED doing the WIFOM, and it pinged me because it didn't feel natural. You know how scum often have a hard time easing into a game at the beginning? That's what it felt like to me, only extremely delayed because he hadn't posted much of anything that wasn't for the purpose of gauging reactions and analyzing those reactions to that point. Hence me not being able to properly read him one way or the other for a while.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I would prefer a Diiny lynch over JJJ because I think that JJJ is more likely to be misunderstood (and extremely unlucky) this game, but I'm content with either lynch and I'm willing to switch to JJJ if there's a CFD on a player I'm less confident about than the two currently leading the votes.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:I would prefer a Diiny lynch over JJJ because I think that JJJ is more likely to be misunderstood (and extremely unlucky) this game, but I'm content with either lynch and I'm willing to switch to JJJ if there's a CFD on a player I'm less confident about than the two currently leading the votes.
I'm the other way. Jimmy is the scummiest player in the game and he hasn't even bothered answering to his sins. For a civilian Jimmy I find that incredibly hard to take. Civilian Jimmy would be supatowning on his phone trying to hunt the real scum in the toilet at this point imo.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I agree that he looks bad, I'm just more sold on Diiny.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:I agree that he looks bad, I'm just more sold on Diiny.
:ponder:

Do you have Diiny and JJJ as scum together?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 173
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:I'm the other way. Jimmy is the scummiest player in the game and he hasn't even bothered answering to his sins. For a civilian Jimmy I find that incredibly hard to take. Civilian Jimmy would be supatowning on his phone trying to hunt the real scum in the toilet at this point imo.
lol

I told y'all I'm busy in the sign-up thread and that I'd be gone yesterday. I'm at work now so the wait continues. I'll be back this evening.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I homestly feel bad that the mafia team in this game gets to enjoy this phantom version of me, but nothing can be done.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

A likely story. Civilian Jimmy would call in sick.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 38

Post by sig »

By seer I meant cop, I think the way he was reacting to Wilgy claim was a tip off, that he was the cop. True I had knowledge of the flip when I was reading the thread so that helped me, but even without that Enrique wasn't reading as mafia to me.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, this unfortunately will be the last time I check in before my big final tomorrow morning. I still have a lot more studying to do, and my stress levels are through the roof right now.

I guess I'll be keeping my vote on JJJ, although I still suspect sig because I suspected FZ. (though sig has warranted some movement up the list), and I still have my eye on zebra, although I'm not ready to vote for her because I feel as though my suspicion is grounded too heavily in gut versus substantiation (whereas JJJ is a mix of both).

I'm sorry for the brevity, but I really just don't have time for anything more this Day period. I promise I'll supatown the hell out of this thread if I'm still alive for Day 4.

Here's hoping we catch a mafia flip today. Feeling good about it.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 38

Post by sig »

Good luck on your final MP
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Okay, I'm here.

FYI: I'm going to spend a little time doing my thing in here, as much as I have to spare at least. If any of you attempts to disturb my groove by talking at me, expect me to ignore you. If time permits when I'm finished, I may return to you then. The deadline is well after my bed time, and I have other things I have to get done this evening too.

I don't know if I am going to have the freedom I need to evade this lynch, so I suggest anyone among you who is fully content with it begin preparations for a 4v3 LyLo. Votes will be locked and tension will be high, so if you want to have any chance whatsoever then you need to start early.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Moving to FZ

Don't want to lynch Doc
TBH I totally expected you to take your vote off Epignosis. You made him unlynchable and you've now gone to red and my argument has even more credibility. If you wanted to save Doc, you could have voted for Diiny. See you tomorrow scumboy.
I don't care where I stand in your rainbow. Epignosis was always unlynchable. Only two people supported that lynch at any juncture (you and I) and three votes were always needed. So yes, I moved my vote to someone else I thought stood a better chance of being lynched that I suspected nearly as much. To be continued in response to your next accusation.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I want to remind the folks watching at home that Mac said I am responsible for people thinking Floyd is civilian, and that Floyd and I are teammates, yet he won't pull the trigger on Floyd first.
Why should Floyd go first?
That's a bizarre question coming from you. You said I'm on a team with Floyd. Mac said I'm on a team with Floyd. I suspect Floyd. Yet you two seem okay lynching me even though I'm participating heavily and Floyd has 12 posts.

That doesn't look good for either of you.
This post is bullshit. Epi thinks his post count is good enough to necessitate Floyd's lynch over his own -- and even disparage other players who prioritized his lynch first. Floyd's post count is not important, nobody ever expects him to put up a ton of content. Epignosis is signifcantly more suspicious to me and the only reason I was entertaining Floyd as his team mate was Epi's arbitrary Day 1 crusade on him (nothing Floyd actually did himself). To lynch Floyd first within that mindset would be totally stupid, and Epignosis is capable of figuring that out without needing me to tell him.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sig wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I would encourage those who've already voted for Diiny to at least pause for a moment and carefully consider their vote and their mindset, because this is one of those wagons that could easily drift into a lynch while everyone complacently just waits. That's rarely ideal -- critically assess the situation and ensure you're really giving him a fair opportunity.

I wish I had more time to personally address this in a thorough way instead of just rendering advice, but yanno. I gotta get to sleep now, but I'll be back tomorrow with plenty of time to spare. I hope it continues to be an active discussion.
Woot woot! Was looking for something like this if Diiny is scum so is JJJ this seems like a scum attempt to save their buddy. I will be curious to see JJJ role ingetting Enrique lynched.
I don't fault you for thinking this. It's a totally obvious thing and you don't know me very well, so sure. Some players here do know me well though and haven't made any effort to counter this, and that's silly. People who know me are well aware that I promote a culture of constant reassessment and objectivity, and that this post does not mean anything about my association with Diiny. I'd have made the exact same post if any other player was in his position instead.

Epignosis, Mac, Diiny, MP, and motel room would all be very hard-pressed to accuse me of this. Someone among them is likely enjoying my predicament, and apparently none of them is willing to stand up when a faulty point is made about me and say it.

I'm going to make a friendly suggestion, sig. You can ignore it if you please. If you're town, I think you're too absorbed with people defending each other. Almost everything you have to say in this big post is in some way associated with that concept, and at least in every case involving my name, you're wrong. I think you'd be wrong most of the time with this mindset. Mafia-aligned players are going to dupe you frequently if you don't adjust. If I'm wrong about your mindset or you think I'm just wrong in general, very well.
sig wrote:Enrique’s lynch was just smh, I’m quite surprised I’m guessing at least two scum on that wagon.
I don't regret it. Talk to the other four that helped.
sig wrote:Not lynching Diiny (former top scum read who escaped the lynch or FZ same as diiny?) But instead going after Epi?
Another understandable beef, also raised by Mac. FZ was my choice though, and my posts at the end of the day support that. I called for a lynch of either FZ or Epignosis. It eventually became clear that an Epi lynch wasn't going to develop. I thought an FZ lynch could, because pretty much nobody was calling her a town read. I probably waited too long. Shit happens.
sig wrote:Who is James? Also how did Diiny go from scum to civ?
"James" was me. My name is actually Jay, but Mac can call me that if he likes.
sig wrote:You don’t seem to be pushing for anyone else, or really caring that Wilgy is about to be lynched even though you think he is scum?
Well none of this sentence is true. I'll start with the back half since it's easiest: I did not think Wilgy was scum. Huh?

As for my "not pushing for anyone else", nah. I pushed for an Epi lynch quite a lot at the beginning and end of the day phase. I endorsed an FZ lynch well before placing my vote.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Well the current course is a Wilgy lynch given Zebra's abitrary drop. I think FZ or Epignosis would be the best choices.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I can join in applying pressure on JJJ for now. Curious to see what he has to say.
"Pressure vote" on the most vocal Mafia player on the Internet when he already has a decent pile of votes on him "to see what he has to say". That's... weak.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Explain more. Your vote decided the lynch. What about that post drove you to a Doc vote which you never abandoned?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:If Jimmy flips scum I will be looking deeper into Diiny too. And Floyd's Diiny vote today looks like distancing to me. I still think it's possible that Epi and Jimmy were staging a shit fight but in the harsh light of day it's highly unlikely they were. And I am now capable of aligning all of epi's behavior to civ so he is looking better to me.
What changed in your mind to alleviate your concerns about Epi?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:Sucks that you can't be here because you have to explain why you voted the way you did at the end of the day phase.

Situation:

JJJ has bad read on FZ, Diiny + Epignosis
Wilgy has 3 votes on he, Jimmy not scum reading he
Epi has 2 votes, including Jimmy
FZ has 1 vote, MP
Diiny has 2 votes, including Wilgy

Problem:

Doc is nearly lynched and Jimmy not want

Solution:

Jimmy moves vote from Epi (2 votes) to FZ (2 votes) instead of Diiny (3 votes) which would have at least put Wilgy in a coin flip with a scum read.

Other concerns:

It was so late that you gave Wilgy only the option of changing his vote from Diiny to FZ at the last minute to self preserve, but your vote was so late that you gave him non ample time to do so. Also had he come in at the same time as your vote to self preserve vote he would have voted for Epignosis, another scum read of yours to do so, putting Epi into a coin flip, but then your vote would have moved it to FZ. Time was of the essence so this delay could have been crucial to him being lynched. However he did not self preserve vote Epignosis, so that clusterfuck unfortunately did not eventuate.

How this looks:

It looks like your read on Diiny was baloni and that you moved your vote to FZ instead of to Diiny because you didn't actually want him lynched at all.
I was suspicious of Diiny and FZ. I was more suspicious of FZ than Diiny. Nobody seemed to be reading FZ town, and I thought her lynch was viable enough to pursue. I probably waited too long to actually place the vote, but I did endorse the lynch with enough time to spare. DrWilgy's vote did not have to be the important variable. I was actually concerned with your vote. I thought there was a good enough chance you'd help lynch FZ (yellow in your rainbow) over Diiny (green).

Instead, you sat there with your vote on someone who was never getting lynched even if I wanted it and pushed for it. I don't necessarily think you're bad for it, rather I think you were so focused on what I was doing that you allowed yourself to sink into conviction about me thoroughly enough that your trigger finger didn't even budge.

Oh shit, look at JJJ being scummy, I got it! I got it! I'm on to him! I'm going to shit in his cereal bowl in just a few moments! Here it comes!

It's fair to say I should have voted for Diiny instead. That's probably true, especially considering where the tally stands now (with him as my only counterwagon). I made a call in the heat of EOD and I thought I could get your vote with me. It didn't work.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Explain more. Your vote decided the lynch. What about that post drove you to a Doc vote which you never abandoned?
I've explained it about six times by now.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Something I did in Talking Heads which I'll bring back for this game, at least for my own sake, is:

"What do you think is the best indicator in your post history that you're town?"

In this game, I think it's my discovery of an important connection in motel room's cross-day mindset that evidenced he is town. If I'm mafia then I just wasted a great opportunity to let y'all go after a very lynchable player. His posts have mostly been brief, and his tone always seems to rub some people the wrong way. That was one of the easiest mislynches on the table if I'm right about him being town, and I took it off the table.

Because I don't want mislynches.

You folks can take that however you will.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: I'm going to make a friendly suggestion, sig. You can ignore it if you please. If you're town, I think you're too absorbed with people defending each other. Almost everything you have to say in this big post is in some way associated with that concept, and at least in every case involving my name, you're wrong. I think you'd be wrong most of the time with this mindset. Mafia-aligned players are going to dupe you frequently if you don't adjust. If I'm wrong about your mindset or you think I'm just wrong in general, very well.
What you say about Sig is true. He's looking entirely for connections and hasn't actually said why you were scummy. He's given one reason as far as I can see: that your reaction post was scummy. I did the research and found out you do this when you mislynch as town, but whatever. I have an issue with this, but I also have an issue with your reaction. I'm undecided on you, Jay, and whilst on the most part I'm seeing the JJJ that's only gotten himself lynched as town a couple of times with your most recent bout of posting, this seems like you're trying to emulate polite JJJ too much instead of being the aforementioned not-lynched-as town J. This man has constructed a case against you that doesn't actually accuse you of scummy behaviour, only connections that are based on you being scum. And instead of blowing it out of the water you politely suggest he think about the case in a different way if he wants to.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

motel room wrote:some things:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:*prolonged fart noise*

Good night y'all.
^ this was the same response JJJ had in RYM #82 after working a bullshit case on me, we argued, then I flipped town. Lest we forget.
Let's go on a wild adventure into Mafia threads past.

RYM #82 (JJJ is mafia)

RYM #84 (JJJ is town)

Recruitment IV (JJJ is at the time unrecruited neutral)

Economics Mafia (JJJ is town)

Bullets over Broadway (JJJ is town)

Let's face it... I like saying that. :nicenod:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Diiny, please fix that big post you made with the broken quote. I'm having trouble translating it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Sig, why is JJJ scum outside of potential connections? Why am I scum outside of potential connections? Connections are useful as fuck in catching scum, and the spew review played a big part in last game's proceedings, but the connective element there was only useful because we'd already caught scum. Your scum read of certain players must be pretty strong to start making other people scummy by connection, and you've said next to nothing outside of connections. Why are your scum reads scummy in the first place?

linki: ugh, only if you reply to my reply to you first ;)
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

I wouldn't need to if you weren't trying to make my vote for him look like a flip when it wasn't. I wouldn't need to say I was never a fan of him if you weren't the one trying to make it look like I was. You don't think it looks objectively like you had a town read of the guy? Why does MP agree with me here? I'm sure others do. Bullshit. How? Again, it should be obvious. Telling someone who votes that they're making the game easier for scum is clearly indicative of your stance on the guy. I've been over this three times already. Wilgy's content at that point was nothing but WIFOM, and Wilgy himself agreed so don't try to deny it please. For me, WIFOM means just as likely bad as good. You've voiced your disagreement with that opinion, I'm aware. But you're acting as if my perception of how WIFOM should best be interpreted is the same as yours, that way my vote for Wilgy looks more like a flip than it actually is. Splitting this one into two because it's long. I'm not questioning your stance on wifom if that isn't clear. Maybe flip isn't the right word, if you're adamant that he was a neutral read. It was an unsubstantiated, unevidenced and unexplained by express posts or through anything in your post history vote jump to someone you were quite clearly defending. "THE NEXT DAY PHASE" Give me a break. You know I'm not what you're making me out to be, both in my opinions and with my actions. Therefore, you are not simply mistaken about my motivations. Therefore, you are being opportunistic. Therefore, you are scum. It's not me looking for things to disagree with you, it's you making arguments that you yourself don't believe. Fabricated. Disingenuous. Mafia. It's flat-out absurd that you haven't been lynched yet when this was apparent from the beginning of the game. Thanks for confirming that you didn't say anything before the next day phase. Don't deflect from that point by shouting that I'm scum over and over because that's not going to make it true. It's not a flip. Look at the post that Wilgy made that resulted in me voting for him. I even quoted it for you but you are deliberately ignoring it so your all-caps "nothing" makes more sense to anyone who isn't paying enough attention. THAT'S your evidence? You literally quoted it and typed ugh. No reasoning, no content, no explenation, nothing. It wasn't until the next day that you elaborated, you just swooped in and despite being questioned on it left it at that. Why? I also extrapolate from the questioning of your vote that I wasn't the only one with no idea what the hell was behind it at the time. That is because, again, as I have already friggin' said three times before this post, the post that sealed my vote was Wilgy's post right before it. There's no "progression" because Wilgy had given no reason for me to think he was good or bad before that post. It was the first post that struck out as neither genuine nor overtly WIFOM-y, so it was all the progression I needed. Hence. My. Vote. How is this not apparent when looking at my vote post in context itself? I don't believe for a second that you don't understand it.From yellow to tip top scum read because of one post literally discussing self preservation that both townies and scum do? No, I don't understand at all. I suspected Wilgy and that post didn't ping me. Bullshit [...] That was me accommodating those that skimmed through the context of my vote post to read your scummy misrepresentation of it.. I genuinely think I'm missing a post in your PH. You said 'ugh' in reply to a post and voted someone who was previously a 'yellow read'. Nothing since after the day phase. Are you genuinely telling me that this is what I'm looking for and that everyone who wondered what the fuck your vote was about should have looked at and realised everything? Because that's insane. Lots of people saw it and nobody understood what was going on. Yet again, it wasn't a flip. A flip would be if I town read him before and scum read him later. My vote was the first time I read him as anything other than neutral. And this was clear WHEN IT HAPPENED.why are you banging on about this point when 'yellow' (despite public defence) to red in one post that's unexplained despite requests is just as bad?My read of Wilgy was developed more organically than anyone else in this game, even if it was wrong.. It doesn't show. I'm 100% sure people will back me up on this.Bullshit.. There's isn't anything like that there. Scumhunting, real scumhunting that is, is genuine. If anyone is accused of being opportunistic the implication is that there is an ulterior motive behind insert suspicion here. Don't try to play semantics just because you have no real defense for your disingenuous behavior.. I'm not. I've seen scum caught by townies by being opportunistic. Thank you for explaining to yourself why my vote on Wilgy was justified.. I can't believe this is a post. You call me opportunistic, then I describe what a good opportunistic townie is you simeltaneously accuse me of being disingenuous AND attempt to agree with me by justifying your own behaviour with the same brand of townie strats you called scummy? Right because your back-and-forth with me here is totally taking into account everything else the thread as to offer. Oh and your Floyd suspicion as well. Totally not fabricated one bit.If you expected me to take 'ugh', literally three letters, as making your vote change acceptable you were wrong.

Because it's fake. You're misrepresenting your own perspective. Consistency has nothing to do with being genuine here.. You're shouting about me being disingenous a lot but you're not telling me why. You're not telling anyone why. You're just shouting. It's the same thing in all of his games. The best way to catch Floyd is to catch him scumslip. He did that in Talking Heads more than once, have you seen him do it here? I don't think so. I don't need to. He's piggybacking opinions, lurking, being reticent, timid, not making sense with his arguments and barely replying to numerous requests for him to talk. That's scummy. Meta or no meta. Again, have you seen him do it here? Nope.I've seen him flounder, which apparently he wouldn't do with BTSC (can't recall off the top of my head if you asserted this or someone else.) Tell me what he's shown you that makes him scum. No one's lynched just because they're not overtly town, players are lynched because they are outright scummy. Already said above. Nonsense [...] Then make a case for why is he bad. If it's based on him using the excuse that he's inexperienced with the game as an indicator that he's scum, then it's nothing. If anything that's an indication that he's town because he would not get away with posting the way he is (that particularly) with BTSC buddies to advise him to do otherwise. I've talked about why I think the guy's scum both before in my PH and now. You can profess to have a town read of him all you want, but you can't invalidate anyone else's reads.
I should have left my original sentences that zeb's red replied to and made my new posts in a new colour.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll expand on why I completely dismissed Epignosis when he questioned Mac and I for being unwilling to lynch Floyd before him. It's an important component of why I still have a mafia read on Epi. Some people brought up RYM #82. I think only motel room (underlined to get his attention) played in it, so I'm going to need you (aokiji) to help me out here by confirming or denying what I say. I'm going to draw a parallel.

In that game, my mafia strategy was very simple -- make people think I'm MrMungbean's team mate (he was town), and always keep him one step ahead of me on the tally. The benefit was two-fold. First, if Mungbean is lynched and flips town, that suspicion evaporates. Second, if I am lynched before Mungbean, then my mafia flip will be all people need to lynch him next. Toward the end of the game, I shifted to a position that'd facilitate him going before me because it'd force town into an early LyLo or near-LyLo scenario from which they couldn't recover.

They lynched him at LyLo and lost the game.

In this setup, we're never very far from LyLo. 10 vs 3 to start is already a daunting ratio, and two mislynches leaves us at LyLo eve if a townie is lynched again (as we're on course for currently). Epi's insistence that Floyd should be lynched before him, and that people who don't acknowledge that are inherently suspicious for it, looks to me quite a lot like what I pulled in RYM #82. Epi has noted that some players (Mac and I) associated him and Floyd as team mates, and he's playing into it by doing nothing to argue the notion and keeping Floyd one step in front of him in the tally -- or at least he's trying to.

This might be an overly personal parallel to draw. I don't know. But it's in my head and it's affecting my read. I'll allow you folks to judge as you may, and I do reiterate that I need motel room's input especially because he's the only player who can really understand what I'm trying to say unfortunately.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

motel room wrote:there's a lot of little separate shit going on that I want to get my head around but I'm somewhere like this right now:

MacDougall
MovingPictures07
Epignosis
sig
a2thezebra
TheFloyd73
JaggedJimmyJay
Diiny
Wait since when am I your scummiest and why? Last you said about me as far as I can tell from ctrl f is saying you didn't think I was scum. What the fuque.

You have 2 posts about J as far as I can tell and said you didn't particularly want to lynch floyd.

There's so little in your ph. Why are your baddies bad.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

motel room wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Diiny wrote:lmao is it confirmed that wilgy's bullshitting now? talking about a thought process that mechanically couldn't have happened?
No fuckin shit.
So, concession? :nicenod:
Coy.
Also I'm gonna come right the fuck out and say I'm not sure what jay's post or motel's post mean here. Someone explain. Was concession supposed to read confession?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

This would be a neat time for GTH reads. I'd prefer more than two people take part. I'm not even sure what my reads are on everyone, and allowing my gut to speak might be a good way to find direction.

OMG JJJ doesn't have reads?????!!!!!11111

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Nobody's here. this would be a neat time for you to reply to that post tho
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

motel room wrote: And Diiny, I see one actual point (that zebra switched vote to Wilgy) and a shitload of arm-waving.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm down for G2H.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

I see a point that still hasn't been addressed properly, hence everyone asking what's going on with it.

I never expected to have to spend so much time on that point, but I'm not going to let bullshit fly by unchecked.

linki: I want to do it but when more people are here, it's a waste of a good technique otherwise. If a few more people come on I'm down 2 clown
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Oh fine.
Diiny wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: I'm going to make a friendly suggestion, sig. You can ignore it if you please. If you're town, I think you're too absorbed with people defending each other. Almost everything you have to say in this big post is in some way associated with that concept, and at least in every case involving my name, you're wrong. I think you'd be wrong most of the time with this mindset. Mafia-aligned players are going to dupe you frequently if you don't adjust. If I'm wrong about your mindset or you think I'm just wrong in general, very well.
What you say about Sig is true. He's looking entirely for connections and hasn't actually said why you were scummy. He's given one reason as far as I can see: that your reaction post was scummy. I did the research and found out you do this when you mislynch as town, but whatever. I have an issue with this, but I also have an issue with your reaction. I'm undecided on you, Jay, and whilst on the most part I'm seeing the JJJ that's only gotten himself lynched as town a couple of times with your most recent bout of posting, this seems like you're trying to emulate polite JJJ too much instead of being the aforementioned not-lynched-as town J. This man has constructed a case against you that doesn't actually accuse you of scummy behaviour, only connections that are based on you being scum. And instead of blowing it out of the water you politely suggest he think about the case in a different way if he wants to.
I don't think you're judging his case fairly. I even said "I don't fault you for thinking this." to at least one of his points. He's wrong, and I think his approach is a bad one, but that doesn't mean he has ulterior motives. I actually appreciate the enthusiasm he showed by jumping into this thread with a bone to pick, even if it's misguided. I get the impression he was spectating a bit before joining (he can refute that if necessary) and thought I was mafia as a neutral observer. I bet a solid few of those in spectator heaven think I'm mafia, it'd be understandable.

I even said earlier that I feel similar to how I felt in the Champs Finale, when I was mafia. This effort from me has not been to my standard and I would expect people to suspect me. I'm not quite the sleepless robot that many think I am, but based on the body of work people have observed before this game -- I understand.

I am suspicious of sig only in that he is the progeny of FZ.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

a2thezebra wrote:I'm down for G2H.
Good enough for me if you're in Diiny. Three out of however many ain't bad.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Earth2Diiny, G2H

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Heists”