Tree Mafia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

What say you?

I enjoyed this game.
16%
I thought the tree I received in my role PM was beautiful.
14%
I didn't get a role PM, but the trees were still wonderful.
No votes
Why are you such a tree-hugging marmot?
16%
Thanks for hosting.
19%
I like beer and want to play Beer Mafia.
16%
I also like wine and think you should do Wine Mafia.
3%
This poll really needs an option with Ricochet's name in it.
16%

Total votes: 37
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 125

Re: Tree Mafia [DAY 4]

Post by Epignosis »

I have 50% shot at being right at this point. No one will lynch Floyd. So motel room it is.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:I have 50% shot at being right at this point. No one will lynch Floyd. So motel room it is.
I could be convinced to lynch Floyd man. He's totally not trying at all. Hell it'd be less anxious because if we're wrong we can just blame him. :haha:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I have 50% shot at being right at this point. No one will lynch Floyd. So motel room it is.
I could be convinced to lynch Floyd man. He's totally not trying at all. Hell it'd be less anxious because if we're wrong we can just blame him. :haha:
U bad?
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 38

Post by sig »

MacDougall wrote:So lylo huh. This is pretty fucked hahaha.
No he said we weren't at lylo, that means we have another phase before that. I need to think some things over I really thought 3J was mafia.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
U bad?
No just honest lol.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 76

Post by motel room »

MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:And I'm voting motel room.
Me too.
No to both of you im not scum get in the sea

Its busy at work today but this being potentially lylo i'll be back to fight cos I'm not keen on being the goat that gets lynched and loses it for town. Again. :sigh:
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

motel room wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:And I'm voting motel room.
Me too.
No to both of you im not scum get in the sea

Its busy at work today but this being potentially lylo i'll be back to fight cos I'm not keen on being the goat that gets lynched and loses it for town. Again. :sigh:
You sound honest. Changing my vote.
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

sig wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:
Diiny wrote: Floyd, say something game relevant please :D
Because this is surely game relevant.
Diiny wrote:If a tree wins a poll in the forest but nobody is around to hear it, does it get lynched?
Dinny
I don’t understand this post at all. Youranswer to Dinny asking you to make a game post is to give a sarcastic answer and vote for him?
You're kidding, right? I gave a more detailed reason to vote for Diiny than some players (both in this game and in other games).

For example:
a2thezebra wrote:
Diiny wrote:If a tree wins a poll in the forest but nobody is around to hear it, does it get lynched?
I don't know, Diiny.
I'm not pinging Zebra as scum, but I clarifying that voting in this way is alright with some players, but not me apparently.
sig wrote:Quick thought Mac is calling Floyd inexperienced, I disagree compared to some of you yes, but if we are comparing like that then I'm also inexperenced and should be able to get out of lynched/posting.
Have I ever mentioned that I should get out of being lynched? I understand that even with my lack of skill, if I get lynched, wether it's day one or day twelve, it's the way of the game. What the fuck are you implying?
Diiny wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:Diiny
This man has voted for me three times. Once for alleged hypocrisy. Once for a self preservation vote despite me explaining to him why townies self preserve. And here again. Who knows why?

Floyd, why don't you explain your votes? Why do you have so little content on anyone else? Why are you so reluctant to play mafia? Don't give me anything about you being bad at mafia, because you're not incapable of explaining yourself. I'd be willing to believe you were a struggling townie if I saw any real struggle or drive from you to grapple with the game.
Why doesn't everyone explain their votes? When did I ever vote for you as self preservation? I've voted for you again because it's simple, you're scum.

I'm not reluctant to play Mafia, have I not explained this before?

What is that meant to mean?

Isn't it funny that Diiny has voted for the three civilians that have been lynched?
MovingPictures07 wrote:Day 2 EOD MP rainbow list:

No strong town reads

Epignosis
MacDougall
DrWilgy

Diiny
motel room

TheFloyd73
DFaraday
JaggedJimmyJay

a2thezebra
FZ.

No strong mafia reads

Players are NOT arranged alphabetically within groups; they are arranged by read.

Ugh, there was some movement, but my strong reads at both ends of the spectrum are gone. I'm not sure what to do with zebra; I didn't move her for now since I have no reason to, but I still find FZ. more suspicious than her.
MP's ranked Zebra the lowest out of anyone. This was day two. Plus, MP's comment after Triple J was lynched (whom he voted for, with pretty good intent) was less than sentimental.
MovingPictures07 wrote:Well, that sucks ass. RIP JJJ.

In other news for those of you who aren't in Star Wars, I destroyed my final. :slick:
does anyone reckon Mp might be scum?

I loathe these long posts, I agree with Epi on that one.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Uh perhaps also quote where yours was more detailed than theirs. You only quoted a blatant no u.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 255
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, this sucks. I'm going to reevaluate my suspicions completely, since with zebra's death I was obviously wrong about her.

Going to be grading all of my students' final exams, but then I'm free to analyze to my heart's content.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 187

Post by a2thezebra »

TheFloyd73 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
I don't know, Diiny.
I'm not pinging Zebra as scum, but I clarifying that voting in this way is alright with some players, but not me apparently]
Gee I hope not.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Diiny
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 232

Post by Diiny »

I've thought Floyd was bad for a while, I could vote him. He's a better choice than motel.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Spoiler: show
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

MacDougall wrote:
If we're wrong we can just blame him. :haha:
I laughed, but I do want to know how strong your read of floyd is.
"I'm not 100% sure that Diiny isn't the last scum playing the best scum game of anyone's career ;)" --Job "sleepystalinist" May
"The serial killer has made it clear that he doesn't want to win this game at all and is instead interested in killing town reads exclusively. Whoever he is, he has no idea what he's doing and is probably going to blow the game for himself." --JaggedJimmyJay
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Diiny wrote:
I've thought Floyd was bad for a while, I could vote him. He's a better choice than motel.
Why is he a better choice than motel room?
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

TheFloyd73 wrote:
sig wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:
Diiny wrote: Floyd, say something game relevant please :D
Because this is surely game relevant.
Dinny
I don’t understand this post at all. Youranswer to Dinny asking you to make a game post is to give a sarcastic answer and vote for him?
You're kidding, right? I gave a more detailed reason to vote for Diiny than some players (both in this game and in other games).

For example:
a2thezebra wrote:
I don't know, Diiny.
I'm not pinging Zebra as scum, but I clarifying that voting in this way is alright with some players, but not me apparently.
You voted for realises. Zebra was baiting. If I believed that Zebra's vote for me was genuine and designed to stay there instead of a regular ol' day 1 shitfling I would've taken issue. You gave a horrible reason and stuck with it despite it being proven wrong. Also lmao at italics. Stop trying to deflect from the valid accusations that your votes are shallow and bad and actually attempt to refute them please.
Diiny wrote:
TheFloyd73 wrote:Diiny
This man has voted for me three times. Once for alleged hypocrisy. Once for a self preservation vote despite me explaining to him why townies self preserve. And here again. Who knows why?

Floyd, why don't you explain your votes? Why do you have so little content on anyone else? Why are you so reluctant to play mafia? Don't give me anything about you being bad at mafia, because you're not incapable of explaining yourself. I'd be willing to believe you were a struggling townie if I saw any real struggle or drive from you to grapple with the game.
Why doesn't everyone explain their votes? When did I ever vote for you as self preservation? I've voted for you again because it's simple, you're scum.

I'm not reluctant to play Mafia, have I not explained this before?

What is that meant to mean?

Isn't it funny that Diiny has voted for the three civilians that have been lynched?
Your votes require explanation. Stop deflecting and do it. If you think there's any scummy votes that require explanation from anyone still alive, point them out, please. AFTERWARDS.

You never voted for me in self preservation. You voted for me for voting Enrique, and THAT was a self preservation vote. Remember? I'm not scum. floyd, and you've yet to explain properly why you think I am. For bonus points, try to do it without piggybacking. Yes, I've voted for three townies. Well done. I've voted for Wilgy because I thought he was scum. So did other townies. I've HAD to vote for the other two townies, one of whom (JJJ) I actually thought was town to save my own skin because YOU'VE put me in a situation when I have to with your stupid votes.

You've attempted to justify not playing mafia because you're new etc. Should that give you any kind of pass for your scummy behaviour? No, and certainly not at this stage.

The green means exactly what it means. It's as if you haven't read the thread half of the time. You barely post, and when you do you deflect, misstate and don't make me feel any better about you.

I'm going to look at MP and see if you've just picked another player to deflect to or if you actually are playing mafia.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Epignosis wrote:
Diiny wrote:
The stuff that looks bad about aokiji floyd does worse in my book. aokiji has more than a near-insignificant amount of content in his posts.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

sig wrote:
No he said we weren't at lylo, that means we have another phase before that. I need to think some things over I really thought 3J was mafia.
We don't have another round after this one if we mislynch, I don't think. Do we? I think it's just because of the 'hypothetical' doctor thing which means that there's a chance the doc could block the NK if they bother enough to exist
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

TheFloyd73 wrote: MP's ranked Zebra the lowest out of anyone. This was day two.
I want to hear from you why this makes him bad, please.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Diiny wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Diiny wrote:
The stuff that looks bad about aokiji floyd does worse in my book. aokiji has more than a near-insignificant amount of content in his posts.
What stuff? And how does a near-insignificant amount of content make anyone bad?
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Floyd was online when I left. No comment? Alright, bro.
Epignosis wrote:
Diiny wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Diiny wrote:
What stuff? And how does a near-insignificant amount of content make anyone bad?
Content as opposed to bullshit, of which he has enough. But anyway I do think there's a point when a small amount of content becomes suspicious; moreso when it isn't well explained, justified, and when you get the feeling that the guy whose content it is just wants to survive another day and doesn't engage with the thread. He's attempted to justify it by saying he's inexperienced and bad etc. Plus, if that were the case I think I'd see a different floyd. A floyd who wants to get better and engages with the thread but asks lots of questions. I think that whole confession was just to get some pressure off of him because iirc he used that point in a reply to a question of mine which he didn't answer.

I've accused aokiji of coasting as well, but it's nothing like floyd. His posts have substance and they engage with the thread. He brings things up that he doesn't like. It just feels like sometimes he's not as involved as he could be while it's constant with floyd and to a much bigger degree.

Why are you voting motel over floyd?
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm going to reevaluate my suspicions completely
Sloonei said this in Moomin and it pinged me. He was scum.

Jay said this in talking heads iirc and he was town.

MP, do you 'read reset' a lot/have you done so before? Because it pings me out when people say that. It's so easy for scum to 'reset' and get read fluidity again, and that's particularly troublesome in lylo.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

My vote's on floyd. This guy has no business being alive.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Diiny wrote:Why are you voting motel over floyd?
I'm not. :confused:
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

Kek, my bad. Why aren't you keen on floyd anymore? I seem to recall a fascination with typing the word floyd in bold on your part
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

And supposing you're not baiting me right now, why do you want to throw this game away to type the word diiny in bold
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Diiny
TheFloyd73 (4), Enrique (5), a2thezebra (8)
19%

Enrique
JaggedJimmyJay (11), DrWilgy (12), MovingPictures07 (13), MacDougall (15), Diiny (16)
31%

Epignosis
sig (10)
6%

sig
motel room (6), Sorsha (7)
13%

TheFloyd73
Epignosis (3)
6%

++++

DFaraday
motel room (3)
7%

Diiny
TheFloyd73 (5), DrWilgy (8)
13%

DrWilgy
Diiny (6), sig (9), a2thezebra (12)
20%

Epignosis
MacDougall (13)
7%

sig
MovingPictures07 (11), JaggedJimmyJay (15)
13%

MacDougall
Epignosis (14)
7%

++++

Diiny
a2thezebra (2), TheFloyd73 (5), JaggedJimmyJay (11), motel room (12)
31%

JaggedJimmyJay
sig (3), MovingPictures07 (4), Epignosis (6), MacDougall (7), Diiny (13)
38%

++++

On two of three occasions, MP and MacDougall both voted in a way that could keep Diiny from being lynched.

Ordinarily, one might think Mafia MP would throw Diiny under the bus, but without knowing the state of the existence of a doctor, the Mafia would surmise that lynching 3J would put them on the fast track to the final stage.

Four confirmed civilians have voted Diiny over the span of three Days.

TheFloyd73 has voted Diiny early every Day. I am struggling to understand how Floyd, with a team, would continue to do that- because if we're going by Talking Heads, I did not see that kind of voting from him. For that reason, and the fact that 3J ended up civilian, I don't see Floyd being on a team. I see him coasting in a genuine manner.

More later. Supper and band practice now.
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

I'm bad because people think I'm bad? Civilians vote for other civilians. It's probably why I'm alive right now. Why do you think I'm bad based on my content? Because this is lylo, and I'm going to be a bit pissed off if you vote for me and end up losing town this game without even reading my content.

What prevented you from thinking that floyd was 'coasting in a genuine manner' when you saw him as scummy enough that you were demanding his lynch exclusively? Floyd's votes last game weren't anything to write home about either. He had a team then. They weren't as disgustingly tunnely but they were just as shallow and meaningless.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

sig wrote:
It's basically lylo ffs.
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Where did you pull this percentage from? Especially now that I see your vote is elsewhere anyway.

Also, why do you think no one will lynch Floyd?
ImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

a townie at this point has a 50% chance of voting for scum if they don't vote for themselves is the idea I think
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

TheFloyd73 wrote:Why doesn't everyone explain their votes? When did I ever vote for you as self preservation? I've voted for you again because it's simple, you're scum.
^ @Diiny, then
TheFloyd73 wrote:does anyone reckon Mp might be scum?
You seem dead certain that Diiny is scum but floating the idea at no one in particular that MP might be scum based off a isolated rainbow MP did on Day 2 where he puts zebra low. I remember doing a thing like this as scum when I was newer because you can be rock solid on a scum read when you Know you're right but then have to drum up a case so that it looks like you have more than one in the works. Like if anyone is accusing you of not shifting your reads since page 2.

i agree Diiny seems scummy but why are you so sure? I don't know what your reason is. Humour me here
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Diiny wrote:a townie at this point has a 50% chance of voting for scum if they don't vote for themselves is the idea I think
I see.

Why are you answering for him?
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

i dont trust my read of MP right now he feels like a blind spot
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Diiny wrote:Civilians vote for other civilians. It's probably why I'm alive right now.
what
ImageImageImage
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

motel room wrote:
Diiny wrote:a townie at this point has a 50% chance of voting for scum if they don't vote for themselves is the idea I think
I see.

Why are you answering for him?
because it's obvious
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

motel room wrote:
Diiny wrote:Civilians vote for other civilians. It's probably why I'm alive right now.
what
I assume I've not been NK'd because people suspect me and have voted for me and scum hope they will again. What's not to get?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Lynch Floyd. It's our best chance at continuing the game. If he turns out to be a civilian well that's tough.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Re: Tree Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by motel room »

Epignosis wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I would prefer a Diiny lynch over JJJ because I think that JJJ is more likely to be misunderstood (and extremely unlucky) this game, but I'm content with either lynch and I'm willing to switch to JJJ if there's a CFD on a player I'm less confident about than the two currently leading the votes.
I don't see how 3J is more likely to be misunderstood. Diiny has been in the hot seat for a while now. I understand 3J a hell of a lot better than I understand Diiny. You were, after all, comfortable enough a moment ago to call 3J Diiny's teammate, yet you'd only switch to 3J under certain circumstances?

That has me wondering about you now.
page later
Epignosis wrote: On two of three occasions, MP and MacDougall both voted in a way that could keep Diiny from being lynched.

Ordinarily, one might think Mafia MP would throw Diiny under the bus, but without knowing the state of the existence of a doctor, the Mafia would surmise that lynching 3J would put them on the fast track to the final stage.

Four confirmed civilians have voted Diiny over the span of three Days.

TheFloyd73 has voted Diiny early every Day. I am struggling to understand how Floyd, with a team, would continue to do that- because if we're going by Talking Heads, I did not see that kind of voting from him. For that reason, and the fact that 3J ended up civilian, I don't see Floyd being on a team. I see him coasting in a genuine manner.

More later. Supper and band practice now.
fucking cirque du soleil. And none of that second part is actually anti-Diiny. It's a defence of Floyd and a soft suggestion of a MP\Mac suspicion.

Epi rising.
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epi started the day lamenting the fact that nobody would lynch Floyd with him and now we have two voters on Floyd and he is not one of them. Perhaps he wasn't being honest about his feelings on Floyd at all.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

MacDougall wrote:Lynch Floyd. It's our best chance at continuing the game. If he turns out to be a civilian well that's tough.
maybe later

Epi
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

motel room wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Lynch Floyd. It's our best chance at continuing the game. If he turns out to be a civilian well that's tough.
maybe later

Epi
Hmmm
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You just found a really round about way to put your vote on someone who is almost certain not to get lynched. You are 100% definitely bad.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Which of them are you trying to save though...
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I think Diiny. So there's my vote.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

MacDougall wrote:You just found a really round about way to put your vote on someone who is almost certain not to get lynched. You are 100% definitely bad.
why is he not getting lynched? and why do you think its staying there? sometimes you just have to try a thing
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

motel room wrote:
MacDougall wrote:You just found a really round about way to put your vote on someone who is almost certain not to get lynched. You are 100% definitely bad.
why is he not getting lynched? and why do you think its staying there? sometimes you just have to try a thing
There's an hour left, 2 other players on 2 votes and you put your vote on Epignosis. Bad look. I'd love to lynch you but I'm not voting you right now because there's nobody else here to vote you with me. I think we owe it to the many dead civilians to lynch Diiny anyway. He live too long.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

There's about 24 hours left
ImageImageImage
TheFloyd73
The Mark
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by TheFloyd73 »

Diiny wrote:
I saw no one else with any motivation for Zebra to be exterminated or lynched. I'm not claiming for certain MP is scum, it's only a theory that I've created.
Winner:
Tree Mafia (MVP)
Lost Again Mafia (Season One)
Haiku Mafia
Game Of Champions 2016

Host:
Currents Mafia
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

motel room wrote:There's about 24 hours left
I like that aokiji is exploring his options. this is LYLO. There's no reason not to give everyone a bit of pressure for anything that bugs you. Although yeah I'd be mad if it was as near the deadline as you thought
Diiny
Drug Dealer

Post by Diiny »

TheFloyd73 wrote:
Diiny wrote:
I saw no one else with any motivation for Zebra to be exterminated or lynched. I'm not claiming for certain MP is scum, it's only a theory that I've created.
Why does having someone as a suspect that nobody else does make someone bad

Return to “Previous Heists”