[END] Pikmin Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 65

Re: [DAY 1] Pikmin Mafia

Post by Glorfindel »

Epignosis wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:May I ask...? Is there some kind of timer that is used on this site to indicate the ends of Phases? Please forgive me if there is and I overlooked it...
Top of the poll, underneath the question, "Who is an evil boss?" Make sure your time zone and DST information is correct in the user control panel.
Thank you kindly :) I checked my time zone and I think at least it's close so all good :)
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Re: [DAY 0] Pikmin Mafia

Post by Glorfindel »

Enrique wrote:
FZ. wrote:I love that Matt has all the mafia figured out. :clap:
I always wanted to play a game where everyone names who they think the mafia members are on the first day, based on gut feeling of day 0 or day 1, and then we look at the list at the end of the game and see who's intuition we should rely on in the future.
For the fun of it.

Glorfindel
Matt
sig
Four posts in almost 48 hours and the justification for his vote on me is "For the fun of it"? This was followed by Matt inviting Boomslang to join in on a vote on me and after being challenged by Spacedaisy, Matt changes his vote TO Boomslang. I don't like what I'm seeing here and I'm wondering if this exchange was an indication of something more sinister? I may change my vote later but for now, I'm prepared to vote for Enrique. I think that if he should turn out to be Mafia, it may give us something more to work with.

Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I can see the point on Zebra. Last game I played with her she was all over the place, while here she doesn't seen to be making a lot of effort. She is a lot more friendly, and that other version of Zebra was engaging and accusing everyone.

As for Enrique, he has barely done anything. He came in, threw a random vote and disappeared. But that looks more like the behavior or someone not having the time/motivation to play, than someone trying to hide their intentions as a mafia player. I mean, it's too obviously suspicious. I don't like how fast the bandwagon is forming on him. Looks like an incoming disaster, where someone dies with 7+ votes and people are left wondering how that even happened.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

And apparently Zebra is on that bandwagon I just called suspicious.

Well then...

*votes Zebra*
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 218

Post by Epignosis »

Who was the other sig voter that moved?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

You people should host more games with vote changing allowed.

It isn't as fun if I can't dramatically change my vote 5 times per day phase.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Epignosis wrote:Who was the other sig voter that moved?
Scotty. Changed to Soneji as part of his "lynch inactives on day 1" policy.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Funny how my two trusted people are both voting the same way.
Scotty
Jeff
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:Who was the other sig voter that moved?
Twas I.
Until I hear from Soneji, my vote stays put.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Why do you trust me, Epi?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Why do you trust me, Epi?
Not telling.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Enrique »

glorfindel u little poo poo
ImageImageImageImage
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I can see the point on Zebra. Last game I played with her she was all over the place, while here she doesn't seen to be making a lot of effort. She is a lot more friendly, and that other version of Zebra was engaging and accusing everyone.

As for Enrique, he has barely done anything. He came in, threw a random vote and disappeared. But that looks more like the behavior or someone not having the time/motivation to play, than someone trying to hide their intentions as a mafia player. I mean, it's too obviously suspicious. I don't like how fast the bandwagon is forming on him. Looks like an incoming disaster, where someone dies with 7+ votes and people are left wondering how that even happened.
I take your point on Enrique my friend and potentially the subsequent exchange to which I referred could be unrelated to Enrique himself...

As for Zebs, I'm still reluctant to vote for her. I have only limited experience of her playstyle but from what I've seen I'm not getting Mafia vibes. As I said, I'd consider an alternative vote if I saw a reasonable case.

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Enrique wrote:glorfindel u little poo poo
Well, I'm appalled! :haha:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Glorfindel wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I can see the point on Zebra. Last game I played with her she was all over the place, while here she doesn't seen to be making a lot of effort. She is a lot more friendly, and that other version of Zebra was engaging and accusing everyone.

I take your point on Enrique my friend and potentially the subsequent exchange to which I referred could be unrelated to Enrique himself...

As for Zebs, I'm still reluctant to vote for her. I have only limited experience of her playstyle but from what I've seen I'm not getting Mafia vibes. As I said, I'd consider an alternative vote if I saw a reasonable case.
To you, what case is reasonable on Day 1?
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

FZ. wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:
FZ. wrote:I need to go. The only one of the four who currently have 2 votes, which I think could be bad, is Dragon. Since I feel Epi is genuine, I'm going to hold off on Dragon for another day and see what happens. Still, I can't vote for Sig. My gut tells me he wouldn't be voting Epi if he were bad.

I'm going to go with my other choice which is Zebra. K4J feeling the way I do about her makes me feel good about my suspicion.

linki: I agree that Scotty is not looking great at the moment, but I think zebra looks worse.
How many games have you played with Zebra? I am hesitant to vote for her based on any differences I see, because I've only played in Talking Heads, even though the differences at the moment seem to be credible
Recently, I think there were at least 3, all of which she was a civ in.
She was aggressive, passionate about her opinions and pushed people (even though I didn't like it when it was turned against me). It doesn't matter if she was right about the people she suspected, she always got into some kind of fight with them very early on. I don't see any of it now. All I see for now is her joking around A LOT, voting for silly reasons (I doubt she would disagree with this), and saying how much she's enjoying the game.

In my eyes, she's the logical vote here, while most of the votes are nonsense votes.

And now, I really have to go. Won't be back until the end of the day. People can vote for whoever they want, but at least pretend to have good reasons. This goes for Scotty, MM and Wilgy as well.

linki: I disagree. I think that it's easy for the baddies to just let anyone get lynched while being afraid to be the one responsible for it. Now bye
Well, your experience (and now DDL's co-sign) makes me feel a bit more confident in suspecting zebra's lack of involvement. The thing that makes me hesitate is comparing behavior got us into trouble in Talking Heads when we took Epi's different approach as suspicious, but he turned out to be a civilian. So, I'm not quite sure what to do yet. But, when you list the things she has done as far as joking and poor vote reasonings, it does make me more inclined to believe she is bad.
Scotty wrote:
kneel4justice wrote:Thanks for the input on Sorsha. With the feedback I've gotten, I can't say that I am suspicious of her. Plus, while I disagree with her opinion on Epi, she at least has a valid reason..I was just thrown off because I didn't expect it from her.

I will say that Scotty caught my eye. He bandwagoned off of Epi's ideas, and said that he thought he might be onto something (in regards to sig/Simon). Which, I cannot understand because I felt that Epi's posts were so obviously not to be taken seriously?? At first I thought Scotty's vote was a joke, but then I saw he stood by that later on. The fact that he suspects sig for not voting for Simon because he laughed at his joke is beyond me.....I seriously don't see how that is scummy.
Also..his talk about how he might vote for low posters instead is concerning to me, but that might just be a personal thing. I just think - if you are truly suspicious of sig, why aren't you sticking with that?

I agree with what FZ (BTW, I am so happy to play with you again too :D) said about zebra, though I was hesitant, because I've only played one game with her. But, it appears to be night and day, she was so heavily invested and posting in Talking Heads....and now appears to be on the quieter, less involved side, but yeah, I'm definitely hesitant to base a suspicion off of only one game.

Oh - and thanks MP for adding an official gender guide!
How did I bandwagon on Epi's ideas? I was first to vote for sig, and for a reason separate to what Epi brought up.
"Epi's Posts so obviously not to be taken seriously"? Nothing is obvious when it comes to Epi.

Also, I'm sorry you don't see how giving immunity to another player for basic reasons is scummy. It could and could not be. I say time and time again that I hate day 1's because there's going to be flimsy reasoning behind votes.

Why is voting low posters concerning to you?

More specifically, I target no-posters on the whole. It's a philopshy that I think make sense from the civilian perspective.
You stated that Epi might be onto something, and referenced sig saying that he would not be voting Simon as the reasoning behind your vote. That to me seemed like you were following the idea that they were teammates, which was brought up by Epi, hence why I said 'bandwagoned'.
As for not finding the immunity thing suspicious - I personally just did not take it as sig being serious. I took it as a joke. Those kind of comments (from my experience on this site) seem to be frequent. So you seriously suspecting someone for them was what I could not understand as a valid reason. It just seemed like you were making something of nothing IMO
I thought since you seemed to have had a serious suspicion of sig, it was weird that you would rather vote someone who was a low poster. But, I understand what you are saying about Day 1. Still, I can't see your suspicion of sig in a good light. But if I misunderstood something - please feel free to correct me
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 98

Post by a2thezebra »

Enrique wrote:glorfindel u little poo poo
u bad
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Hmm, no, I don't think so. But that 3rd vote stacked on me is hella convenient, and he seems to be deliberately misinterpreting everything on the thread. Is he trying to protect you, Zeeb?
ImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Sorsha »

I still think epi was trying to get sig into over defensive mode, knowing how sig reacts to suspicion on him. This is from someone who said in A World Apart that if anyone can dig his own grave, sig can dig two.

I might change my vote to someone else, zebra and Scotty both jumped on Epi's sig suspicion quickly and then changed votes when it got some push back. I might vote for one of them.

And Epi- No, I don't know if sig is civ... or Simon either. This is based purely on you making an accusation based on sig saying he wouldn't vote for Simon because Simon laughed at something sig said. Really? That makes them teammates? And then saying his reaction was over defensive. I didn't think it was overly defensive at all.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Epignosis wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:

To you, what case is reasonable on Day 1?
Precisely my point! Comparatively something more substantial than what I've seen in relation to Zebs. I could be wrong but I just can't see her being Mafia at the moment from my (admittedly limited) experience of having played with her in Star Wars.

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Enrique wrote:Hmm, no, I don't think so. But that 3rd vote stacked on me is hella convenient, and he seems to be deliberately misinterpreting everything on the thread. Is he trying to protect you, Zeeb?
My vote on you my friend was based on my interpretation of YOUR comments and YOUR actions - not "For the fun of it!"

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sorsha wrote:I still think epi was trying to get sig into over defensive mode, knowing how sig reacts to suspicion on him. This is from someone who said in A World Apart that if anyone can dig his own grave, sig can dig two.

I might change my vote to someone else, zebra and Scotty both jumped on Epi's sig suspicion quickly and then changed votes when it got some push back. I might vote for one of them.

And Epi- No, I don't know if sig is civ... or Simon either. This is based purely on you making an accusation based on sig saying he wouldn't vote for Simon because Simon laughed at something sig said. Really? That makes them teammates? And then saying his reaction was over defensive. I didn't think it was overly defensive at all.
You...bewilder me with your conclusions.

If sig can dig his own grave, I don't need to do anything.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

You seem pretty good at stripping things out of context entirely. You can pretend I wasn't responding to a different post there, but where do you get the idea that people were voting for sig for making a spelling mistake? Did you just happen to miss all the paragraphs surrounding that one tiny correction? The newbie card only gets you so far, I know you can read.
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Enrique wrote:Hmm, no, I don't think so. But that 3rd vote stacked on me is hella convenient, and he seems to be deliberately misinterpreting everything on the thread. Is he trying to protect you, Zeeb?
He as in the one you voted for literally reason and after responding rationally you are now using to justify your phony suspicion of him?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

a2thezebra wrote:
He as in the one you voted for literally reason and after responding rationally you are now using to justify your phony suspicion of him?
yea, except you got the second part backwards
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Enrique wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
If anyone's deliberately misinterpreting things it is you, sir.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Epignosis wrote:
Sorsha wrote:I still think epi was trying to get sig into over defensive mode, knowing how sig reacts to suspicion on him. This is from someone who said in A World Apart that if anyone can dig his own grave, sig can dig two.

Except throw out a lame accusation and let him get to work :shrug:
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

a2thezebra wrote:
Enrique wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Care to explain?
ImageImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

This does give me a pause when it comes to Epi. I can see better where you're coming from now, and this is something I could definitely see him doing. However, I can see him doing this as a civ, too. So I need more time to judge his alignment.

Between my two main suspects, zebra and Scotty, I'm going with Scotty for now. Because I feel like he was trying to take advantage of the sig suspicion and (to me) making something of nothing (the not voting for Simon comment/joke, whatever you want to call it). If he gives me reason to change, then I will consider it.
But, the recent posts from zebra, while I prefer the person I saw in Talking Heads, I am starting to think that what she is doing would be self-destructive if mafia.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Enrique wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Enrique wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Care to explain?
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... 9&sr=posts
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sorsha wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

"Lame accusation"...what have you done today besides react to my lame accusation?
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

kneel4justice wrote:

This does give me a pause when it comes to Epi. I can see better where you're coming from now, and this is something I could definitely see him doing. However, I can see him doing this as a civ, too. So I need more time to judge his alignment.

Between my two main suspects, zebra and Scotty, I'm going with Scotty for now. Because I feel like he was trying to take advantage of the sig suspicion and (to me) making something of nothing (the not voting for Simon comment/joke, whatever you want to call it). If he gives me reason to change, then I will consider it.
But, the recent posts from zebra, while I prefer the person I saw in Talking Heads, I am starting to think that what she is doing would be self-destructive if mafia.
Opps. Vote: Scotty
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

a2thezebra wrote:
Enrique wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Enrique wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Care to explain?
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... 9&sr=posts
Helpful...
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Explain your Glorfindel vote, Enrique.
Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Simon »

Epignosis wrote:HEY SIMON

Are you on sig's team?
I think so :shrug
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Simon wrote:

Are you on sig's team?
:eye:
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

He was acting funny, it was early into Day 1, I could change my vote. Now I'm more than happy to leave it there because he jumped into the opportunity to kill me so easily.
ImageImageImageImage
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Hey Simon, why did you vote for Scotty?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
Simon wrote:

Are you on sig's team?
Really?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Epignosis wrote:
Simon wrote:

Are you on sig's team?
:haha:
ImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Epignosis wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

"Lame accusation"...what have you done today besides react to my lame accusation?
I re-read day one.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Enrique wrote:He was acting funny, it was early into Day 1, I could change my vote. Now I'm more than happy to leave it there because he jumped into the opportunity to kill me so easily.
Convenient that your unjustified temporary vote turned into an unjustified permanent vote. I'm not convinced that you actually believe he was acting funny (that's not what you said when you initially voted for him, nor did you even imply it at the time) and if you think his OMGUS is baddie-motivated, that is, assuming it even is an OMGUS, you're not just kidding yourself, you're trying to deceive everyone else. You saw Glorfindel in Star Wars so you know just as well as I do that he has yet to do anything questionable. You're the one doing what some are accusing Epi of doing.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:If I left my vote on Simon, then my vote would be like the cheese- standing alone.
:clap:

:drums:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

My vote stays.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

a2thezebra wrote:
Enrique wrote:He was acting funny, it was early into Day 1, I could change my vote. Now I'm more than happy to leave it there because he jumped into the opportunity to kill me so easily.
Convenient that your unjustified temporary vote turned into an unjustified permanent vote.
For someone that hasn't been in any danger? You think that's convenient? :confused2:
I'm not convinced that you actually believe he was acting funny (that's not what you said when you initially voted for him, nor did you even imply it at the time) and if you think his OMGUS is baddie-motivated, that is, assuming it even is an OMGUS, you're not just kidding yourself, you're trying to deceive everyone else. You saw Glorfindel in Star Wars so you know just as well as I do that he has yet to do anything questionable. You're the one doing what some are accusing Epi of doing.
I'm just saying it's silly to act like most players have a good reason to vote on Day 1. I don't understand the second part (re: Glorfindel in Star Wars, I didn't follow after I died and don't see the relevance). And for the record, Epignosis is my only real civvie read so far.

I was actually under the impression that your vote for me was random, and well, of course now it's permanent. I spy a little projection.
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

It's convenient for the justification, yes, and also to make Glorfindel look more suspicious than he really is. My vote for you was not random because I saw the phony justification coming from you a mile away.
Simon
The Mark

Post by Simon »

If Dr.wilgy is voting for SIG, then I'all vote for him. :srsnod:
Simon
The Mark

Post by Simon »

kneel4justice wrote:Hey Simon, why did you vote for Scotty?
It was an accident.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Should I ask you to justify your vote for sig then? That was like... my first post. Explain to me the difference.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Simon wrote:If Dr.wilgy is voting for SIG, then I'all vote for him. :srsnod:
DrWilgy is voting for Matt, Simon :p
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”