Moderator: Community Team

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 137
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: [DAY 2] Pikmin Mafia

Post by Marmot »

FZ. wrote:Okay, I guess. So you're genuinely suspicious of WIlgy? Any reasons? Because I wasn't seeing him as Supatown at all, which is why I was suspicious of him. The only thing he's done that looks like a civ, is his last few questions. I too am wondering whether this is genuine or not.
No. I'm not genuinely suspicious of Wilgy at all.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Boomslang »

Dr. Wilgy wrote:I got an excersize for everyone to partake in. If I were a protagonist, I would currently have _____
First of all, it's "exercise." Second of all, "If I were a protagonist, I would currently have a yellow Pikmin. Little guys are INVINCIBLE! (to electric hazards, and I'm in a Star Wars frame of mind so that seems the deadliest threat right now).

Kind of surprised no one took me up on looking at Sorsha, but oh well. Let the record also state that she hasn't checked in recently.

Of everything to emerge from the day's discussions, I was pinged most by this:
sig wrote:You're just mad I tricked you in Wild West game, ifyou aren't mad about it your carrying your suspicion to a paranoia level of fear. If anything is an indicator of my alignment it is the fact in WW I wasn't suspected by anyone, I slipped under the radar. Unlike this game I'm right in the middle of it.
Sig shrugs off a couple of Glorfindel's points by claiming they're based on raw emotion and meta. He doesn't address the sniping at Zebra, for example, and his response to the "conspiracy theory" claim is tangential at best.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 138

Post by FZ. »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
FZ. wrote:Okay, I guess. So you're genuinely suspicious of WIlgy? Any reasons? Because I wasn't seeing him as Supatown at all, which is why I was suspicious of him. The only thing he's done that looks like a civ, is his last few questions. I too am wondering whether this is genuine or not.
No. I'm not genuinely suspicious of Wilgy at all.
:sigh: Apparently, I don't understand you at all.

Epi, if Sig or Simon get lynched and come out good, will that change your perspective on the other one? If yes, who and why. Same question for a null answer.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey all, just a reminder of the rules (particularly the two specifying no role outing or infodumping). There's nothing incredibly over the line yet, but be mindful of them please. Thanks!
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 102
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Let's do the thing I proposed myself:

Wilgy: the guy seems to be playing similarly to how MM does. Which is really weird. He asked some useful questions in the game, and shows some mild interest in hunting baddies, but his methods are questionable. I don't get his exercise, it looks like an attempt of spotting protagonists, and honestly I think we should avoid that. I guess that's a neutral read.

FZ: I liked her way of playing until now, she has been agressive yet considering all options. Not much to say other than a civ read.

kneel4justice: similar to FZ, but with a bigger post volume. His posts are huge, he talks about everyone, he seems to be changing his opinions a lot. Also he voted Enrique but I haven't seen him talking about Enrique a lot in this day 2? Do you still read him as mafia? Anyway, he is playing the kind of game a baddie could hide behind, but that's a longshot. For now, slight civ read.

Metalmarsh: Between him and WIlgy, I think Wilgy is being the more productive one. MM has said barely nothing useful. But he looks suspicious every single game. That said, I've seen him make some productive posts before, and his last few seem to be an attempt at that. I need to see more. Neutral read for now.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm starting to feel tempted to grab Occam's Razor and use it to stab Sig's throat. Indeed, there are A LOT of contradictions in his posts. He changes his votes every time his reads seem artificial. If he is mafia, that's pretty sloppy mafia play, but hey, most games have one of those.

That, and I don't feel particulary good about this Simon vote, although I have logic supporting it.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Well, votes are changeable, so screw it.

Sig.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 65

Post by kneel4justice »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Let's do the thing I proposed myself:

Wilgy: the guy seems to be playing similarly to how MM does. Which is really weird. He asked some useful questions in the game, and shows some mild interest in hunting baddies, but his methods are questionable. I don't get his exercise, it looks like an attempt of spotting protagonists, and honestly I think we should avoid that. I guess that's a neutral read.

FZ: I liked her way of playing until now, she has been agressive yet considering all options. Not much to say other than a civ read.

kneel4justice: similar to FZ, but with a bigger post volume. His posts are huge, he talks about everyone, he seems to be changing his opinions a lot. Also he voted Enrique but I haven't seen him talking about Enrique a lot in this day 2? Do you still read him as mafia? Anyway, he is playing the kind of game a baddie could hide behind, but that's a longshot. For now, slight civ read.

Metalmarsh: Between him and WIlgy, I think Wilgy is being the more productive one. MM has said barely nothing useful. But he looks suspicious every single game. That said, I've seen him make some productive posts before, and his last few seem to be an attempt at that. I need to see more. Neutral read for now.
My vote was on Scotty (And would have preferred that but that wasn't going to stop Zebra's lynch), but last minute I changed it to Enrique because I starting seeing Zebra as a civilian (after she explained how her comments about the lynch of Simon/Sig would not give us baddies was actually a gambit - and I believed that because as scum it would have been a pointless move and only further cemented her lynch). One of Enrique's posts read to me as taunting (where he had said she only had 15 minutes to save herself, I found that suspicious because he at that point clearly wasn't changing his opinion). Later he explained that it was in reference to her changing her vote and noticed that the vote manipulation wasn't in play, so I was able to better understand the post. So as far as my opinion on him now, it could go either way.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Well, votes are changeable, so screw it.

Sig.
You should vote Epignosis. I'll share why soon.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Well, I have to go in a few minutes, and I have no idea who to vote for. It's not going to be Epi for reasons I've already explained. Sig has everyone suspecting him, but currently has 1 vote. I can see a bandwagon forming here after I leave, but I don't know if I should vote him. I think his behaviour on day 1 was not scummy, but the way he's worded himself today makes me doubt myself. After my last few games, and the lynch this game, I'm not feeling very intuitive. So might put a vote there after all.

Then, there's Simon who has 3 votes. Like I said, I found his reactions to Epi quite impressive and not what I would expect from an 8 year old caught in a lie. But Epi knows his kid better than anyone here and maybe we should listen to him. The one thing that has me a little worried about Epi is, that he used to read Eloh pretty well and he stopped doing it, because he felt it wasn't fair. I have to wonder why he's doing it to Simon. Him "giggling" at home is out of thread evidence, which is something only Epi is privy to. This whole situation is weird.

Then there's Matt who voted for Glorfindel after all the other votes. Looks like a vote meant to stay away from the real action. If both Simon and Epi are civvies, I can see Matt trying to avoid drawing attention with his votes. I find that vote suspicious. Not even sure what his reason was.

And there are people who I still find a little suspicious, like Wilgy, Scotty (who voted for Simon which is giving me another reason to fear voting Simon) and Sorsha, who I can't really see why she's suspicious of Epi.

Can the days start ending at this time. All the action happens after I leave.

I'm giving it 2 more minutes and I'll vote. Need to decide
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I'm starting to feel tempted to grab Occam's Razor and use it to stab Sig's throat. Indeed, there are A LOT of contradictions in his posts. He changes his votes every time his reads seem artificial. If he is mafia, that's pretty sloppy mafia play, but hey, most games have one of those.

That, and I don't feel particulary good about this Simon vote, although I have logic supporting it.
I feel myself agreeing with everything you're saying lately. I'm going to vote Sig too, and pray this is not a huge mistake. My gut feeling said he's not bad, but my gut sucks lately, and his actions this day remind me of a game where I was bad and came back after getting too defensive and said that I was trying to test reactions. I hope this is what he's doing here.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 57

Post by DrWilgy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Let's do the thing I proposed myself:

This is interesting... Why is it between MM and I? Why am I a point of reference when it comes to MM?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Okay, I've gotta hurry up and get to studying because I have places to be later, so I am going to go ahead and vote now in case I can't later
Voting Scotty
Because he's my strongest suspicion. Today only reinforced that with his favoring of Simon's lynch over Epi's. I just find it convenient that he was apparently rather open to the idea of voting both, but went with the clearly easier target. His 'defense' (which I didn't feel there was much of, honestly) didn't make me feel any better about his actions. A few people saw same things that I was seeing with him so hopefully that means I'm onto something and not getting caught up. I'd suggest people actually give this option some thought.
Marmot
Marmot

Re: [DAY 1] Pikmin Mafia

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
sig wrote:I'm glad to play along and answer your posts even though I suspect your trying to set me up for a lynch and am leaning scum on you. With only twenty four hours we need to have some good discussions.

Also I would hardly call my post over the top, your not trying to pull a Long Con move on me are your Epi? I'd be very sad if you were.
Let us dissect this post, shall we?

"Play along."

This implies my post is a joke. It isn't.

"your"

He meant "you're."

"trying to set me up for a lynch"

How did sig arrive at this?

" am leaning scum on you"

Why?

I say sig and Simon are teammates still.

Here's the Day 1 case against sig. Epignosis states that sig and Simon are teammates. Epignosis also called this reaction over the top. Why is the reaction over the top?

Epignosis wrote:
sig wrote:Voting your own son day 1 harsh Epi.

And I want to say, right now, he's not my son. He may be my enemy. :mafia:

He may be your enemy alright. No, I think Epignosis is a boss, and Simon is a civilian (Pikmin sympathizer).

Epignosis wrote:
Sorsha wrote:I feel like Epignosis is trying to set sig up for lynch because he knows how bad sig can make himself look. Anyone who played Dune or A World Apart knows how easily sig can get caught up defending and make everything worse for himself.

Voting Epi

:ponder:

But I voted for Simon. This suggests that you know either Simon is Mafia or that sig is good- else how can I set up sig?

Epignosis votes for Simon. Epignosis later on states that he knows Simon won't get lynched Day 1. :confused:

So why wouldn't Epignosis vote for sig instead? I think it's because sig is his teammate. Epignosis did move his vote to sig later on out of necessity, but that was the only thing that earned sig his vote.

Epignosis wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:The implication I get from this is that sig is not one of the team in this scenario, because sig did nothing but over-defend (as I now am willing to acknowledge) as he tends to do. It is more likely that Epi and Simon are on a team to perform the ultimate bus on Simon first (which explains why Epi voted Simon instead of sig based on a connection when Simon hadn't even posted yet) then sig who flips civ, then town is left with nothing to go on to far into the game to recover, while Epi and the third baddie (who I suspect to be Enrique, although it is not essential to this theory at all) coast to the endgame.

You think I'd throw my own kid under the bus the first opportunity he got to be bad?

I'm voting for you because I don't want to hear such nonsense anymore.

If you want to see sense and vote for Simon or sig, I'll move my vote.

Epignosis wrote:sig
No votes

Simon
No votes

Really, people wonder why civilians lose so much here. :disappoint:

Epignosis moves his vote off of Simon and onto zebra, then implies that the civilians are failures for not voting for Simon or sig. Epignosis didn't have a vote on Simon or sig at this time. This is a poor accusation and a hypocritical one.

Epignosis wrote:
sig wrote:Reading catch up and will respond to a few but this is my thought process right know. Epi wagons onto Simon, simon won't get lynched, I get lynched flip civ and Simon is then semi cleared by Epi since his Sig/Simon theory would be wrong.

EPi is so obviously scum this game, his posts are disingenuous and completely unlike the civ Epi I've played with before.

Obviously? Let's do this your way.

"Epi wagons onto Simon."

Wagons...I'm the only vote. What's a wagon?

"Simon won't get lynched"

Because I'm wagoning by myself.

"Epi is so obviously scum this game"

I'm amazed you are able to discern this Day 1.

"His posts are disingenuous"

My posts are often disingenuous. That doesn't mean they aren't serious. One may be disingenuous and still be serious.

"I get lynched flip civ"

Begging the question...

"and Simon is then semi cleared by Epi since his Sig/Simon theory would be wrong."

Ah, now we come to your conclusion, that Simon and I are on a team, and that I am calling for my own kids lynch to set you up so that Simon looks good.

You are bad.

Another dissection of sig's post.

Epignosis is "amazed that sig discerned he is scum on Day 1". Epignosis says he's discerned that sig was scum on Day 1 (as well as Simon). This response is also hypocritical, or Epignosis is acknowledging his own amazingness. I don't think he's doing the latter of these that he's doing.

Epignosis wrote:Weakest Day 1 I've ever seen. Get your heads out of your underwear.

Epignosis called Day 1 weak. His play played a part in it. Zebra was lynched, and Epignosis at one point had his vote there, and endorsed the lynch. Before this, Epignosis was talking about how awesome he is on Day 1. He assigned blame for the Day 1, but didn't state any names for it. Just a blanket accusation, of which he should be included if he's a civilian.

Epignosis wrote:SIMON

Are you bad?

Epignosis wrote:
Simon wrote::| I'm not SIG's teammate. I was confused before. But I know now.

You didn't answer the question. :ponder:

SIMON

Are you bad?

Epignosis wrote:
Simon wrote:

Are you bad?

No why

No reason.

Epignosis then drills Simon for a short while about whether he's bad. I didn't learn anything from this exercise.

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Epignosis, are you a member of mafia?

Mafia? I see no Mafia. I see bosses. And sadly, I am not a boss. :why:

I ask Epignosis if he's a member of mafia, and he responds with a joking answer.

He did answer the question, but he spun it into a joke (presumably because I was the one asking him). I don't buy it. I think this answer was meant to deflect my observation. I was not joking when I asked this question, and I think his response is showing.

Addendum: I think Epignosis is a Boss (whether he's sad about it or not).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Where the flubnarg is SIMON!!

*A tattoo of a penguin seems to have appeared on Scotty's neck. It burns on touch.*
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:Where the flubnarg is SIMON!!

*A tattoo of a penguin seems to have appeared on Scotty's neck. It burns on touch.*
Eating 72 ounces of wheaties.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

@MM: Some good points. The distancing Epi performs after the lynch result is pretty astounding, especially given his vote changes, especially especially given that he did that vote change out of necessity.

However, I'm curious what you think about the timing of the sig-Epi interactions. Especially the leap sig makes from "lynching Zebra is a waster of time" to "a Zebra lynch is good too" in the span of roughly 30 minutes.
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 36

Post by agleaminranks »

I also have to return to studying. Metalmarsh makes some decent points against Epignosis, something I would really like more time to consider, but I'm sticking with my thoughts on Scotty. So he gets my vote tonight.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

How much time do we have left? Epi, yell at Simon for me.
Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I tried to read MM's wall of text and...

I'm officially too sleepy to think. These days end too late.

I'll read it and see what I think tomorrow. For now, I'm sticking with my Sig vote.

Also regarding Wilgy's question, you guys are both players who make A LOT of joke posts and seldom contribute to the game, which makes it hard to read you.
Scotty
Jeff
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

MM makes some good points. I hope to come back to that later.
DrWilgy wrote:How much time do we have left? Epi, yell at Simon for me.
Poll runs till Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:13 pm est

It says it at the top of the poll

OWWW GET IT OFFFF
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Sorsha »

Ok, I slept all day :coffee3:

Catching up now
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Scotty wrote:MM makes some good points. I hope to come back to that later.
DrWilgy wrote:How much time do we have left? Epi, yell at Simon for me.
Poll runs till Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:13 pm est

It says it at the top of the poll

OWWW GET IT OFFFF
Be warned, Scotty, I think you haven't adjusted for daylight savings time.

End time is 8:13 Central time.
Scotty
Jeff
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

kneel4justice wrote:Okay, I've gotta hurry up and get to studying because I have places to be later, so I am going to go ahead and vote now in case I can't later
Voting Scotty
Because he's my strongest suspicion. Today only reinforced that with his favoring of Simon's lynch over Epi's. I just find it convenient that he was apparently rather open to the idea of voting both, but went with the clearly easier target. His 'defense' (which I didn't feel there was much of, honestly) didn't make me feel any better about his actions. A few people saw same things that I was seeing with him so hopefully that means I'm onto something and not getting caught up. I'd suggest people actually give this option some thought.
Tunneling much?

I guess I can't persuade you to take it off today since you've gone to bed, and I thought I explained my position enough on why I picked Simon over Epi. But I suppose not. I'll just take it like a turkey at thanksgiving, then. :fishslap:

linki- thanks MP!
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I tried to read MM's wall of text and...

I'm officially too sleepy to think. These days end too late.

I'll read it and see what I think tomorrow. For now, I'm sticking with my Sig vote.

Also regarding Wilgy's question, you guys are both players who make A LOT of joke posts and seldom contribute to the game, which makes it hard to read you.
It's not even that wall-of-texty.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Scotty wrote:MM makes some good points. I hope to come back to that later.
No time like the present!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 218

Post by Epignosis »

FZ. wrote:Epi, if Sig or Simon get lynched and come out good, will that change your perspective on the other one? If yes, who and why. Same question for a null answer.
It would be nice to say, "Yes, naturally," but those are my top two suspects, so it would be difficult to divorce myself from that notion, even if one of them were to come out civilian.

sig's revisionism and lining up lynches without providing reasons makes no sense if he's a civilian, but even moreso, sig keeps gunning for me, so I'm better off without him, I must say.

As for Simon, how do you explain this?
Simon wrote:
Epignosis wrote:HEY SIMON

Are you on sig's team?
I think so :shrug
I explain it this way: Simon forgets he's supposed to lie about being on a team (if he is on one), but didn't go back and check his PM to see who his teammates are.

That is the most likely explanation for his answer.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MM is assuming I'm bad first and then making the evidence fit his conclusion. That's clear enough to me anyway.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Spacedaisy »

I voted Simon, let's see how this shakes out, shall we? Tied it up for sig and Simon. :omg:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Simon
The Mark
Posts in topic: 19

Re: [NIGHT 1] Pikmin Mafia

Post by Simon »

Scotty wrote:
Simon wrote:

Are you bad?
No why
I imagine you both in the same room: Epi silently screaming and Simon heartily chuckling.
Simon wrote::| I'm not SIG's teammate. I was confused before. But I know now.
How would you know?

Would you vote for sig, Simon?
I don't know. He might be a good guy. I know I'm not SIG's teammate because I'm a good guy. I still have to read the posts and then vote.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 54

Post by Enrique »

Spacedaisy wrote:I voted Simon, let's see how this shakes out, shall we? Tied it up for sig and Simon. :omg:
Why?
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:MM is assuming I'm bad first and then making the evidence fit his conclusion. That's clear enough to me anyway.
Let's try again. Are you a boss?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Sorsha »

kneel4justice wrote:Sorsha, what is your opinion on Epi's opinion of Simon? Do you think they are teammates or that Epi is trying to take advantage of his own son?

Also - is it normal for Scotty to gloss over accusations as scum or civ? because he focused on my post about how people were treating Simon but not the one about why he chose Simon over Epi
I agree with the logic ddl has broken down for us here:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:On the Epi/Simon matter, there are 4 possibilities (thank God no SK):

They are both civs: and Epi is not as good at reading his son as he thinks he is. Can happen.

Only Simon is mafia: and Epi is right in his read. Can happen too.

Only Epi is mafia: eh... no. Like FZ pointed out, I can't see someone doing that with their own child. Maybe later in the game, but not on day 1. There is a line to be drawn on competitiveness.

They are both mafia: unlike the later, this one can be possible, because Simon actually benefits from it in a way, so it's not exactly a betrayal if they talk about it. My problem with it is that, unlike in Guess Who (where Epi was only arguing with me on day 1, and only make a strong push for a lynch after Roxy and G-Man did), in this game Epi can be easily pointed out as the main responsible for Simon getting any suspicion at all. He is even bringing RL evidence to support the case, showing how he is really determined to get Simon lynched, something a smart mafia player would actually avoid. This is looking less likely imo.

Either way, it depends on whether Epi can trust his own read on Simon or not. I dunno.
what happens if we lynch Simon and he comes back civ? Do we just move on to sig? Epi? I don't see epi doing this to his son if Simon was civ I guess. I don't want this thread to be focused on these three players forever and I haven't really been able to get past them so I'd like some kind of answer on the topic.

As for other suspects: I don't really have much at this point. Once I get to work I'm going to try to get some re-reading of day one/ the Zeebs lynch in to see if I come up with some. I'm getting some pretty good civ civs from a few players but I don't plan on spilling that right now. I'm just being too distracted by sig/epi/Simon right now.

Also I need some major caffeine, like in an IV stat!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Simon
The Mark

Re: [NIGHT 1] Pikmin Mafia

Post by Simon »

Scotty wrote:Simon, what is your favorite animal?

Is it this cute little guy?
http://s1.postimg.org/na4eh83vv/dog.png
No actually. It's a hedgehog. :)
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Spacedaisy wrote:I voted Simon, let's see how this shakes out, shall we? Tied it up for sig and Simon. :omg:
Let's play a game Daisy, what will you do now?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also, Simon, I'd reccomend voting Sig, otherwise you will surely die.
Image Image Image
Boomslang
Drug Dealer

Post by Boomslang »

I'm gonna tie this up based on the backpedaling of sig, which strikes me as a really bad move, and because I don't think Simon deserves the lynch quite yet. *votes sig*
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I don't like this.
ImageImageImageImage
Simon
The Mark

Post by Simon »

DrWilgy wrote:Hey SIMON, let's vote for your pop!

Simon, do you rat on your siblings? Are they older or younger than you?
I agree. I think Daddy's boss because he was quick in thinking that e and Sig are teammates.

I am the oldest sibling. I'm eight years old. My sister is six. She just had her birthday. My brother is three. I tell on them and boss them because I'm the oldest. :keys:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Enrique wrote:
Why?
Because I think Epi is civ who truly believes his son is bad. And I think there is some merit to his reasoning. And I also have mild suspicion of sig, so either way I think we might learn something.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Typhoony »

I'm saving my vote to create the biggest distance possible between Simon and Sig. I'd very much prefer a Sig lynch fwiw, but a close lynch is a useless lynch in this game imo.
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Simon wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Hey SIMON, let's vote for your pop!

Simon, do you rat on your siblings? Are they older or younger than you?
I agree. I think Daddy's boss because he was quick in thinking that e and Sig are teammates.

I am the oldest sibling. I'm eight years old. My sister is six. She just had her birthday. My brother is three. I tell on them and boss them because I'm the oldest. :keys:
This post is like the cutest thing ever and makes it so hard to vote Simon, but I'm going to leave my vote there... I'm an awful persooooooooon!
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Why?
Because I think Epi is civ who truly believes his son is bad. And I think there is some merit to his reasoning. And I also have mild suspicion of sig, so either way I think we might learn something.
So do I, but why would you tie it up?
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I just explained why, I'm ok with either one right now so I would like to see how this shakes out.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:MM is assuming I'm bad first and then making the evidence fit his conclusion. That's clear enough to me anyway.

That's a Boss. I'm a Brown. :noble:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

That's a Boss. I'm a Brown. :noble:
Did you move to Cleveland?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Simon lets have fun, vote for Scotty with me and make it a three way tie. I'll address some things in a moment. First off did I say I would vote for Scotty/DDL? No what I said was out of these two and Epi one is mafia. I was willing to go with the thought EPi wasn't mafia, however I'm more confident that this isn't the case. I've also considered that Simon is civ I've said he could be a civ and Epi is bussing him, however it makes more sense for them both to be mafia.
Typhoony wrote:So what you are saying is that you intentionally tried to dig your own grave to see who would bite? :confused2:

Can you point out in your posts where you tried digging your own grave, ie what part of your posts would have been different if you did not have this plan?

If I was scum, I wouldn't have gone after Epi. I'm not the most aggressive scum player,and I certainly wouldn't have targeted a high profile civ who could rip to shreds an argument against him. The digging of my own grave was targeting Epi and pursuing him, as well as the way I answered his accusation that Simonand I are teammates.

Epignosis wrote:sig's immediate reaction to me linking him and Simon together was to call me bad and say that I'm trying to set him up.

But why doesn't sig make the same allowance for Simon?

Doesn't happen. sig instead jumps to the idea that I'm on the same team as Simon, and that I'm throwing Simon under the bus.
sig wrote:Your trying to play the emotional card here. My point still stands your not really pushing for your own kids lynch, you're pushing for my lynch with the theory Sig/Simon are scum. I flip civ then Simon will look cleaner.

Also right back at ya about being confident people are baddie,you somehow nailed 2/3 of the scum team.

Linki: TAaaaaa Da I said this at the beginning of the phase, Epi would end this phase lynching me based on a weak reasoning or my reaction post, his lynch of Simon was a smokescreen vote.
At 8:35pm EST-
sig wrote:Epi is scum, lynching Zebra is a waste of time.
At 8:51pm EST-
sig wrote:It makes no sense what so ever for me as scum to target a player like Epignosis day 1.

Enrique I'm looking at my past meta and how scum react to my game play and how civs react to my gameplay. Epignosis is not reacting the same way as he usually does to my gameplay as he does when he is civ and people throw out such accusations against me.

My bet is Zebra and Epi could be on team team, if not both then one of them. I will also be keeping my eye on DDL.

Zebra's logic for voting for me is illogical she doesn't agree with EPi, yet she thinks I'm on a teamwith Simon and we are both scum and that I would make such a mistake.
My day 1 scum team
Simon
Epi
Zebra
At 9:10pm EST-
sig wrote:I'd rather lynch Epi today, but a Zebra lynch is good to. If she flips mafia or civ my opinion of Epi won't have changed that much.

linki: why Enrique?
At no point does sig entertain the idea that I could be bad and that I'm setting up two civilians. His theory is that I'm bad with Simon and we are setting up one civilian. Keep in mind in all of this, sig's first on-topic post was to say he would not vote for Simon. By the end of the day, he has zebra, Simon, and me on a team. Why would a civilian jump to that conclusion rather than give Simon the benefit of the doubt if he genuinely thought I was Mafia?
You are wrong here, never did I say you were throwing Simon under the bus. Your goal was to distance yourself from Simon and semi clear him. Never were you actually attempting to lynch him, I've said this many times and looking over your posts it is fairly obvious you had no intention of getting Simon lynched.

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I'm starting to feel tempted to grab Occam's Razor and use it to stab Sig's throat. Indeed, there are A LOT of contradictions in his posts. He changes his votes every time his reads seem artificial. If he is mafia, that's pretty sloppy mafia play, but hey, most games have one of those.

WHat is Occam's razor?

This is a lie, I've never changed my vote. I voted for Epi, said I would vote for Epi, and never switched from Epi.
He on the other hand has switched his vote multiply times, he has gone from thinking Zebra was a good lynch, to saying she was bad. As well as saying he wasn't pushing for my lynch, and then tried to get me lynched and dropped Simon.
Boomslang wrote:@MM: Some good points. The distancing Epi performs after the lynch result is pretty astounding, especially given his vote changes, especially especially given that he did that vote change out of necessity.

However, I'm curious what you think about the timing of the sig-Epi interactions. Especially the leap sig makes from "lynching Zebra is a waster of time" to "a Zebra lynch is good too" in the span of roughly 30 minutes.
Some of Zebra's posts changed my mind. Her posts about lynching me for flip value, then lynched SImon then lynching Epi seemed scummy. So yes I did change mymind about her.

I think Glorfindel is scum, his posts are off, his defense and his argument against me is based around Zebra being dead and flipping civ.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Psh Simon voted for me, kids these days no respect for their elders.

oh no I'm starting to sound like the old farts who actually know what Pikmin is :faint:

:P
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sig, why did you decide that zebra was not a good lynch choice and then change your mind?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Simon
The Mark

Post by Simon »

I vote for Sig because I had to break the tie. A lot of people are voting for me. I could almost get lynched.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”