Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 13

Moderator: Community Team

Have you cleaned up your sock account and returned it unharmed to your Hosts?

Yes
75%
No, not yet but will soon
No votes
Nope cuz we hosted/Bea/Roxy/Ser Sockinthestone
25%

Total votes: 16
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Night 6

Post by bea »

Cat and Mouse:

A cat and a mouse, contrary to the custom of their kinds, become friends, such good friends that they decide to share a home. That they might have something to fall back on in time of need, they buy a pot of fat and hide it away in a nook of a church for safekeeping. After a short time, the cat tells her housemate that one of her relations has given birth and that the mouse's friend has been asked to be godmother. Instead of going to a christening, though, the cat goes to the nook of the church and eats the top layer of the fat in the pot. When the cat returns home, the mouse asks the name of the kitten. The cat replies, "Top-off." The mouse remarks that she has never heard such a name.

Soon thereafter, the cat announces that she again has been invited to a christening. On the cat's return, the mouse asks what name was given to this kitten. "Half-gone," answers the cat. Again the mouse wonders aloud at the oddness of the name.

The cat goes a third time to the church, this time finishing off the fat. When the cat returns, the mouse asks the name given at this christening. "All-gone," answers the cat. Again the mouse shakes her head.

Winter arrives, and with it the lean times the friends had anticipated. The mouse proposes a trip to the church to retrieve the provisions stored there. When she beholds the empty pot, enlightenment dawns on the mouse: "First 'Top-off,' " she murmurs, "then 'Half-gone,' and then ..." The cat warns her to say no more, but the mouse persists. The cat pounces on the mouse and eats her up. "And that is the way of the world," the story closes.

Rhinfew has been killed by The Wicked One(s?)
Ameerah has been Killed by the Free Thinkers.

It is now day. You have 48 hours to Lynch yo'selves a Baddie!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 209

Post by Young Lady »

It's Day so... Vote Bronwyn
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 7

Post by Young Lady »

Also RIPIYWG Ameerah/Rhinefrew.
Supervisor
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Thumbling sets out into the world to seek his fortune. Before his departure, he is given a darning needle sword by his father and a final meal by his mother. The steam from the cooking pot carries Thumbling up the chimney and away from home. The little man goes to the house of a master craftsman, seeking to apprentice with him, but is displeased by the food there. He taunts the mistress of the house, who proceeds to chase him about the tabletop with a dishcloth seeking to strike or catch him like an insect. She eventually drives him from the house.

In the forest, Thumbling is found by a band of robbers, who recruit him help them rob the king's treasure chamber. Sneaking past the sentries, Thumbling begins to toss coins from the chamber window to the robbers. This perplexes the king and guards, as they cannot find the hidden thief but are certain they are being robbed. Thumbling mocks them as they chase the invisible intruder about the treasure chamber. He eventually rides down with the last of the coins and escapes. The robbers offer to make him their captain but he declines.

Thumbling next hires himself out as a servant at an inn but quickly annoys the maids, for he secretly watches them and reports back to the innkeeper when they steal from the food cellar. To get revenge, a maid mows him up with a patch of grass and feeds it to the cows. Thumbling is (once again) devoured by a cow and befuddles the innkeeper when his voice emanates from within it. The cow is slaughtered and though Thumbling tries to escape from its innards, he ends up being cooked into a black pudding with the meat. The pudding is eventually cut into slices by the mistress of the house and Thumbling once again barely escapes with his life.

Resuming his journey, Thumbling is next snapped up by a fox in the woods but manages to get himself caught in its craw. Thumbling convinces the fox to release him and rides the animal back to his father's house, done exploring the world. His father is so pleased to see him, he allows the fox to eat the chickens in the henhouse, for "he would surely love his child more than the fowls in the yard." Unfortunately the fox also ate little Browyn Mightyfeet. He was Tom Thumb.

Thank you so much for playing Browyn.

It is now Night. You have 24 hours to work your magics.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Yolo no consequences.
Supervisor
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Perd Hapley »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:Yolo no consequences.
You stink. Go back to your corner of the sand box.

*kicks sand at Quaren*
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Night 7

Post by Young Lady »

Well the good news is it's night again so we can all talk about how this makes us feel.
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

I voted for Sprite because I am thirsty though I may have misunderstood the question.
Supervisor
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Jack Shephard »

Amazingly quick day.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

In all fairness I did warn you that your plan would blow right up in your faces.
Supervisor
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:In all fairness I did warn you that your plan would blow right up in your faces.
Even you couldn't have expected this unless you did this. So I 'm still going to vote you tomorrow.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Yeah there's no way I voted for Bronwyn immediately after the night post went up anticipating a shortened day, thereby ensuring I stay alive and someone I do not want in the game is gone.

Nobody is that clever. It would take a near genius level intellect to concoct such a diabolical plan. NEAR GENIUS!
Supervisor
Kent Brockman
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Kent Brockman »

Farewell my friends! I have a callback for a Disney animated film now. Maybe there will be a Djinn in the next Star Wars feature. :jedi:

Insha'Allah you will all find what you are looking for. :noble:
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:Yeah there's no way I voted for Bronwyn immediately after the night post went up anticipating a shortened day, thereby ensuring I stay alive and someone I do not want in the game is gone.

Nobody is that clever. It would take a near genius level intellect to concoct such a diabolical plan. NEAR GENIUS!
Not really.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Gunther »

Thoose baddies, such cowards.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Golf »

This is very upsetting. We lose another three player, plus at least one more tonight without being able to lynch Queran (who has now tipped his hand that he is definitely bad.) It looks bleak for us indeed.
Fractal
sprityo
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Oh, and I'm vote for Sprite. Orangesprite! Yum!
Fractal
sprityo
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Fane Winebattle wrote:Oh, and I'm vote for Sprite. Orangesprite! Yum!
Ditto! :p
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Ned Flanders »

Well, we at least know that Tom Thumb was sure that Carmen needed to go. So after Queran, we go for for Carmen, yes?
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:Yeah there's no way I voted for Bronwyn immediately after the night post went up anticipating a shortened day, thereby ensuring I stay alive and someone I do not want in the game is gone.

wow, I've been trying to think who the person is that's this vain, but I'm having trouble with it. I may have guessed wrong in the contest.
Assault
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Nobody has a sense of humor anymore :haha:
Supervisor
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Pixie tbqh :)

And Miyuki, I think I knew who it was from his first post, lol. Being an outed baddie is an art form; gloating and making :feb: faces at the civs just pisses people off. If you act friendly and sincere, they more often than not let you stick around and even start treating you like a mascot lol. That won't be happening to Queran anytime soon :)
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Everybody seemed really sure of themselves just a mere 24 hours ago. Throw one little wrench into the machine and now everybody's up in arms. I don't get it..
Supervisor
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

We're still sure of ourselves; You're really freaking bad, we knew that 24 hours ago, we still know that now.

Nothing has changed.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Anchorete Playfulure wrote:Pixie tbqh :)

And Miyuki, I think I knew who it was from his first post, lol. Being an outed baddie is an art form; gloating and making :feb: faces at the civs just pisses people off. If you act friendly and sincere, they more often than not let you stick around and even start treating you like a mascot lol. That won't be happening to Queran anytime soon :)

ooooohhhhh- I thought he was being serious :bounce: like he was really vain and didnt care who knew :haha:

and I couldnt think of anyone that it could be :omg:
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

You know, stopping day is always a problem in anyday. Most of the time, whoever gets that abilty can only use it once, maybe twice. It still doesnt change anything. The baddies can do that whether or not we talk.

I still think we should skip speaking in the day. This power of Rump's is over-powering, and they have been steamrolling us so far.
Assault
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote: I still think we should skip speaking in the day. This power of Rump's is over-powering, and they have been steamrolling us so far.

Agreed. There's nothing to talk about at this point anyway, since Queran outed himself.
Fractal
sprityo
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

I have the same question for the hosts that Ameerah asked-

Do tooltips on images count as words in your post (for example, if I use this smiley and you put your mouse over it and it says "big grin" can Rumpel steal my vote if the secret word happens to be big or grin?
Assault
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Fane Winebattle wrote:
Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote: I still think we should skip speaking in the day. This power of Rump's is over-powering, and they have been steamrolling us so far.

Agreed. There's nothing to talk about at this point anyway, since Queran outed himself.
Agreed. The sooner he is lynched the sooner we can start to pay normally as he is probably Rumplestiltskin himself.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Dallon Redwarlock wrote:
Fane Winebattle wrote:

Agreed. The sooner he is lynched the sooner we can start to pay normally as he is probably Rumplestiltskin himself.
Yeah, we got it; you're really thirsty for Querans blood.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:I have the same question for the hosts that Ameerah asked-

Do tooltips on images count as words in your post (for example, if I use this smiley and you put your mouse over it and it says "big grin" can Rumpel steal my vote if the secret word happens to be big or grin?

I'm so sorry this got overlooked. Rox is again w/o power and very MIA - though I'm pretty positive she would agree with me on this - NO - if you use an image - and the hoverlink happens to have the word in it. - it would not count as usage.

Much like "naming" Rumpelstiltskin in the story, you don't get points for being near it dearies. You either say it or you don't ;) (BTW - I've been waiting sooo patiently ALL GAME - to throw in a "dearies" in regards to Rumple. :D VICTORY IS MINE!)
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Thanks Bea!
Assault
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Wait I'm confused are we going to lynch Queran or not?

RIPIYWG Bronwyn
Supervisor
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Yes, we are. And I know you are disappointed we aren't freaking out, but whatevs :)
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Lame, obvious baddies are lame and obvious. :rolleyes: Not that they weren't before... :haha:

Anyhoo - I'm going to vote Elf since no one else has yet, and Legolas was awesome. :noble:

Also - yes, killing Queran and Carmen still sounds good. Not sure we actually have a chance here, as you're right we've been steamrolled since the beginning... but hey at least we don't have to act like dicks about it. :D
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Spooky Ghost »

EBWOP - Oh yeah, RIP all deadies. :hugs:
Julinook
Hydra Account
Aka: Juliets + Nanook

Post by Julinook »

Wow. That was a short day.

RIP Rinfrew, Ameerah, and Browyn. :(

I will pick Sprite. :D
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

:overreact:
Saito
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 92

Post by Saito »

You can do it civvs! Bye everyone!
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

If our nightly choice has to do with players who have been deaded, then maybe its for a rezz. The elf is the only choice who is confirmed townie, I think? Although I trusted the pixie and I think the sprite also. The sprite did point fingers at Queran, and the Pixie got us looking at Carmen. I'll think on this one a bit.
Assault
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

RIP Ameerah, Bronwyn. RIP Rhinfrew too, I really dig your style, and it was fun playing with you, though you were clearly one of the Rumpletons.

Makes you wonder if we ever had a chance. The Witch and SKs have been killing at night, and Rumpel is killing during the day. I cannot, for a moment, imagine Roxy and Bea coming up with a game that was so unfair to the town. But I also don't know where we went so wrong. Maybe if we had trusted Gobnait, we could have gotten rid of Queran sooner. We've lynched townies, but Caillic and Jorhan were days 1 and 2, and it's always difficult to get baddies that early. Finnian was probably someone we could have given benefit of the doubt. But other than that I don't see what we could have done differently. To compensate, we also got some things right. We had Carmen as early as day 3. I certainly don't think we played *that* horribly to warrant being in a situation where a win might be all but impossible.

There are now 13 of us alive. Assuming that Rhinfrew was one of the Rumpies, there are three left in that team. Two SKs, one witch, and three secret roles (all probably on the Witch's team). That's 9 baddies left. Even if we assume a couple got NKed, that's still 7 baddies, and 6 townies. Oh well, we may still be able to pull this off. :knight3:
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote:If our nightly choice has to do with players who have been deaded, then maybe its for a rezz. The elf is the only choice who is confirmed townie, I think? Although I trusted the pixie and I think the sprite also. The sprite did point fingers at Queran, and the Pixie got us looking at Carmen. I'll think on this one a bit.
I'm voting Pixie. I hope your Rezz theory is correct. It would be nice to have Bac back with us, and might make things a bit more even.
Management
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

No need to be mean :(
Supervisor
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

Shand Azureye wrote:RIP Ameerah, Bronwyn. RIP Rhinfrew too, I really dig your style, and it was fun playing with you, though you were clearly one of the Rumpletons.

Makes you wonder if we ever had a chance. The Witch and SKs have been killing at night, and Rumpel is killing during the day. I cannot, for a moment, imagine Roxy and Bea coming up with a game that was so unfair to the town. But I also don't know where we went so wrong. Maybe if we had trusted Gobnait, we could have gotten rid of Queran sooner. We've lynched townies, but Caillic and Jorhan were days 1 and 2, and it's always difficult to get baddies that early. Finnian was probably someone we could have given benefit of the doubt. But other than that I don't see what we could have done differently. To compensate, we also got some things right. We had Carmen as early as day 3. I certainly don't think we played *that* horribly to warrant being in a situation where a win might be all but impossible.

There are now 13 of us alive. Assuming that Rhinfrew was one of the Rumpies, there are three left in that team. Two SKs, one witch, and three secret roles (all probably on the Witch's team). That's 9 baddies left. Even if we assume a couple got NKed, that's still 7 baddies, and 6 townies. Oh well, we may still be able to pull this off. :knight3:

I can tell you exactly where you went wrong. AND I can offer you a way to get it all back. Of course lynching me will only bring you some satisfaction, but Accepting my deal might net the civvies a win.
Supervisor
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:I can tell you exactly where you went wrong. AND I can offer you a way to get it all back. Of course lynching me will only bring you some satisfaction, but Accepting my deal might net the civvies a win.
Let me guess, we got to wait till daytime to talk about your "deal," correct?
Management
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Shenanigans; listening to you will gain is nothing :)
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

We can talk about it now if you want :D

Don't you people read your Grimm Fairy Tales?

Rumplestiltskin turns straw into gold for the millers daughter, does he not?

Sounds to me like you guys have a big ol heap o' straw on your hands.
Supervisor
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

You're so sweet. :D I'm all ears, go ahead, and entertain us a little. You owe us that much.
Management
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Young Lady »

You have straw, I have gold. :)
Supervisor
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Queran Gloomsoul wrote:You have straw, I have gold. :)
Still not getting it. But you already know how dumb we townies are. :(
Management

Return to “Previous Jobs”