Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Re: [Night 0] 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Ricochet »

MacDougall wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
And even if I am wrong about it, I'm damn glad I'm rattling both your cages because you're both the kinds of players who need your damn cages rattled or you'll just coast your way to late game on the back of a huge post count.
Oh please, you exited THM with 500 posts and that was only halfway through the game. I had to survive a near lynch by then. Hardly coasting.
You also weren't scum in that game.
And? Your point was how I should be treated, as a player, not rattled as scum. You coasted halfway into your existence, due to a massive buss move, until some players started picking up vibes and I completed my check on you. By comparison, I had to bark at everyone on Day 3 to get on with lynching me or leave me the fark alone. How was that me "coasting my way to late game on the back of huge post counts"?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Post by MacDougall »

a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote: So let me get this straight.

Not when I'm involved, capiche?

You and Rico are in the throes of an epic war.

Yes.

I look at it cockeyed and call it contrived.

Yes.

You stop.

Yes.

I point out that you've stopped, which indicates that you really both aren't committed to your case, and you further that point by choosing to make a sarcastic swipe at me rather than continue what was moments ago a huge meat covered bone for you?
Fail fail fail fail fail. First of all, us stopping does not indicate that either of us aren't committed. I stopped because the last thing Ricochet responded to me with did not involve anything worth responding to. It wasn't even an accusation, it was just a comment about how he caught a baddie (me) by apparently getting me to vote for the option that will lead to my baddie downfall. Not exactly an epic war at that point. If Ricochet wants to give me something to actually respond to or at least dissect internally then I'll be happy to continue. My swipe at you was a point in its own, by the way. Not only do you not decide who should be fighting when, you also don't decide that the lack of a fight continuing is or isn't an indication that the fight was staged. Even if we were teammates, that's a weak reason to think so.
Why pink. You trying to make your points seem super important.

What a bizarre thing to conclude. I decided to make my points pink because of the first point I made, and because I had to use SOME color to distinguish from your white text. Is that interpretation not over-thinkingy enough for you? Of course it isn't, and this is coming from someone who overthinks as well.

This might as well be a day 1 ISO on every player, it's from the same cloth. :haha:

???How???

Zebra, I'm not deciding shit I am seeing what I believe to be a staged argument falling apart. What you have stated is exactly the same type of argument Dom has used in two games as scum to discredit me, misrepresenting me as trying to control the dialogue when I am expressing my read of the play.

So I'm Dom now. Neat. How am I misrepresenting you? How am I controlling the dialogue? From my point of view I am seeing what I believe to be an unwarranted accusation and I'm calling it out for the meatless nonsense I believe it to be. Don't dish it if you can't take it.

I got a ping that your argument was contrived, based on your willingness to be nasty towards Ricochet who seemed to be playing the role of the sarcastic punching bag. It felt contrived. Once I get a ping like that, if I see other things that lend it credence I fucking pounce on them. You know that. You've seen it.

My willingness to be nasty pinged you? Have we met before?

And even if I am wrong about it, I'm damn glad I'm rattling both your cages because you're both the kinds of players who need your damn cages rattled or you'll just coast your way to late game on the back of a huge post count.

I have never "coasted" my way to late in the game as bad OR good. Not one game, ever. You know that. You've seen it.

And that sort of activity is definitely not beyond you. Don't think I've forgotten the fact that you bussed Enrique and Brian in Star Wars. You fuck with teammates hard.
That I do. So how do you explain to Rico that we're not teammates and I'm not fucking with you? When I'm bad I fuck with teammates, and I fuck with everyone else too. Don't start tunneling me based on your own misplaced observation please.
Top point was a joke. The Dom point you misunderstood. You told me that it's not up to me to decide this and that, like you are accusing me of trying to control the dialogue. I'm not saying you are. I'm saying you seem to be saying that of me. Hell I might be misunderstanding you. Doesn't matter. The coasting thing is probably just a case of us having different interpretations. I would read your arrival late game into Star Wars as just coasting on sheer volume. But I didn't say you do it, I said you're the kinds of players who can. I expect both of you would put up big numbers as scum (I know for a fact you do) and in my experience, big numbers = people tentative to lynch you. It's that simple. Post lots and you'll live longer. :beer:

I'd like to grind this negative interaction to a halt because I'm a little bit over 200 post arguments with people I actually don't have scum reads on (see Golden vs. Mac, Star Wars). I've seen enough out of you to change my tune.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Correction: massive distancing move, gah. I'm hitting the submit button way too fast.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Oh look. Zebra and Mac are continuing to engage in debate, even after I pointed out they could be staging different routes of jumping on me, as teamies. :omg:

I have to go soon, but only for a few hours. :dark: Peace out.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote: You did misread LoRab's post. You considered that she implied everyone is playing a role they've played before, and that she would know this by playing herself a role she played before, whereas she only asked if the five options on the poll are played by someone in here (the way Boomslang, Timmer AND YOURSELF confirmed, so far). Sounds like a misrepresentation to me.

Zebra is caught doing little to nothing, showing up with another slacker, in an effort to appear more engaged, and flipping the hell out at my astute observations of her baddieness.
MacDougall wrote:
Ricochet wrote:What if...

!

What if Mac and Zebra are both bad, Zebra took the "I'll overreact the hell out of everything Rico accusses me off" out of self-preservation and Mac's taking the "oh look they're faking a fight" high-ground stance? :omg:
The thing that makes me most certain that you are bad, is that you are so excellent and obvious when you are a civilian. Like, this is fucking just beyond weird. You must have starkly different quality scum games vs. civ games because I cannot see the civ that fucked with me so hard in TH here at all. I'm just seeing a floundering scum. How many times have you been scum before?
Pure-blood mafia? 3 times, my record being 2-1.

Non-civvie anything, overall? 5 times, my record being 4-1.

You don't know what my meta baddie is, because you didn't join Syndicate yet.
You should read her post again. She literally did not ask what you are saying she asked at least in the post that I made that you are building your entire bullshit around.

I'll tell you what sounds like a misrepresentation, you discrediting me by saying I don't know your baddie meta when I all but said that I don't in the post you quoted.

I didn't ask for your record, so for you to add that tid-bit in there just for light reading is interesting. Why would you do that? To refute my argument that you aren't good at being mafia? But that is based on the fact that I am saying you seem to not be your usual good civvie self here. So why are you showing me your impressive record as Mafia? So you are subtly trying to tell me that you are in fact actually just a suck civilian here? That's pretty self deprecating man don't beat yourself up. :haha:
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 275

Post by a2thezebra »

[quote="Ricochet"]Zebra is caught doing little to nothing,

Yeah little to nothing on Night 0, fuck me I'm sooooooooooooo lazy. You're really trying to push this "effort good, non-effort bad" gimmick as hard as you can push it, yet you have put far less effort than you would be putting in if you actually believed this to be true. You've failed to properly address suspicions against you instead choosing to be coy with your "defenses" and your "effort" is nothing more than misrepresenting others to the nth degree, making charts and lists that mean nothing and are nothing, and feigning confidence because you already know who's good and who isn't. You're not fooling me and I pray to the mafia gods you're not fooling everyone else.

showing up with another slacker, in an effort to appear more engaged,

Wow. Just wow. If this is ACTUALLY genuine, someone else must be using your account for this game.

and flipping the hell out at my astute observations of her baddieness.

Remember Talking Heads? Of course you do, you used it in a laughable attempt to use my own meta against me. I flipped out at you then too, and we were both civ that time. If you actually think me "overreacting" is a ping, wake up. But of course, I don't think you think that. I can safely say that your civ game is significantly more rational than that.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MacDougall wrote:
Ricochet wrote: You did misread LoRab's post. You considered that she implied everyone is playing a role they've played before, and that she would know this by playing herself a role she played before, whereas she only asked if the five options on the poll are played by someone in here (the way Boomslang, Timmer AND YOURSELF confirmed, so far). Sounds like a misrepresentation to me.

Zebra is caught doing little to nothing, showing up with another slacker, in an effort to appear more engaged, and flipping the hell out at my astute observations of her baddieness.
MacDougall wrote:
Ricochet wrote:What if...

!

What if Mac and Zebra are both bad, Zebra took the "I'll overreact the hell out of everything Rico accusses me off" out of self-preservation and Mac's taking the "oh look they're faking a fight" high-ground stance? :omg:
The thing that makes me most certain that you are bad, is that you are so excellent and obvious when you are a civilian. Like, this is fucking just beyond weird. You must have starkly different quality scum games vs. civ games because I cannot see the civ that fucked with me so hard in TH here at all. I'm just seeing a floundering scum. How many times have you been scum before?
Pure-blood mafia? 3 times, my record being 2-1.

Non-civvie anything, overall? 5 times, my record being 4-1.

You don't know what my meta baddie is, because you didn't join Syndicate yet.
You should read her post again. She literally did not ask what you are saying she asked at least in the post that I made that you are building your entire bullshit around.

I'll tell you what sounds like a misrepresentation, you discrediting me by saying I don't know your baddie meta when I all but said that I don't in the post you quoted.

I didn't ask for your record, so for you to add that tid-bit in there just for light reading is interesting. Why would you do that? To refute my argument that you aren't good at being mafia? But that is based on the fact that I am saying you seem to not be your usual good civvie self here. So why are you showing me your impressive record as Mafia? So you are subtly trying to tell me that you are in fact actually just a suck civilian here? That's pretty self deprecating man don't beat yourself up. :haha:
LoRab wrote:<snip> Can anyone else say if they were one of the roles in this poll?
"In this poll"

I added all the info on me being a mafia because it's cool to read it. :slick:

How am I a suck civilian. I just caught Black Rock, Long Con, zebra and b24 on Night Zero. :shrug2: Possibly timmer, too, I'll have to assess him further.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Oh please, you exited THM with 500 posts and that was only halfway through the game. I had to survive a near lynch by then. Hardly coasting.
You also weren't scum in that game.
And? Your point was how I should be treated, as a player, not rattled as scum. You coasted halfway into your existence, due to a massive buss move, until some players started picking up vibes and I completed my check on you. By comparison, I had to bark at everyone on Day 3 to get on with lynching me or leave me the fark alone. How was that me "coasting my way to late game on the back of huge post counts"?
Ricochet as scum completely survives on misrepresenting every single thing he reads. Understood.

I said, you are both the kinds of players who could coast into late game on the back of large post counts. I meant as bad guys. I said I was glad I was rattling your cages because if you are bad, I think rattling your cages is necessary... I think that was pretty clearly insinuated, again.

OTHERWISE YOU CAN COAST ON LARGE POST COUNTS. One example of you as a civilian "ALMOST" getting lynched, but then not getting lynched in which you in fact survived the entire game is not a refute to the point Ricochet.

Also I didn't "massively bus" LC. I didn't even vote for him. We had a big old set to early game, like the one you and I are having right now. :beer: That's not bussing. That's distancing. Get your mafia terms right you're in the Game of Champions.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:
LoRab wrote:<snip> Can anyone else say if they were one of the roles in this poll?
"In this poll"

How am I a suck civilian. I just caught Black Rock, Long Con, zebra and b24 on Night Zero. :shrug2: Possibly timmer, too, I'll have to assess him further.
She also asked this very same question... which is the one I was answering...

"So that's 2 (I think, may have missed another) folks who have said they were one of the roles named in the prior game. Perhaps the game roles are the roles that people had in the game in which they won?"
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Paging Sorsha to the thread to tell everyone that she is reading this as civ on civ. :haha:
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 225

Post by DrWilgy »

Daily reminder: Lynch Fuzz

Hello everyone!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'm gonna go make ramen. Probably won't be back til tomorrow.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

MacDougall wrote: I'd like to grind this negative interaction to a halt because I'm a little bit over 200 post arguments with people I actually don't have scum reads on (see Golden vs. Mac, Star Wars). I've seen enough out of you to change my tune.
Works for me, but I have to address this:
MacDougall wrote:Post lots and you'll live longer.
For you, and for many people, this is true to an extent. For me, helllllll no. I got as far as I did in Star Wars by the skin of my teeth and a shit-ton of luck. When I speak my mind and play a strictly genuine game - regardless of my alignment - you can guarantee that I will be lynched (not night-killed, LYNCHED) by Day 3. So I don't do that anymore - regardless of my alignment. People think my observations and conclusions are either too strange to be town-motivated or outright fake. They just do. So my mafia persona has incorporated much more deceit and much more manipulation then when I started out. For me, this is a necessity to survive. I NEVER coast, because I simply can't. It's not in me to be a minimal poster, I'm not synchronized with everyone else enough to state my mind 24/7, and I can't even coast with sheer posting magnitude because even when I keep certain things from others there's still enough posts where someone will call me out on something by reading it the wrong way. Even when I AM bad I'm more often than not read as bad for incorrect reasons, such as misinterpreting my intentions or thinking that my activity is effected by my alignment when it literally never is. That makes the game fun and challenging for me, but I have never coasted in any game ever.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MacDougall wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
"In this poll"

She also asked this very same question... which is the one I was answering...

"So that's 2 (I think, may have missed another) folks who have said they were one of the roles named in the prior game. Perhaps the game roles are the roles that people had in the game in which they won?"
And? How did you reach the conclusion she should know the answer to this, by virtue of her own role here?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

No, dammit, let's continue. Image

Yeah, I'm off.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Ricochet wrote:How am I a suck civilian. I just caught Black Rock, Long Con, zebra and b24 on Night Zero. :shrug2: Possibly timmer, too, I'll have to assess him further.
Ricochet wrote:I just caught Black Rock, Long Con, zebra and b24 on Night Zero. :shrug2: Possibly timmer, too, I'll have to assess him further.
Ricochet wrote:Black Rock, Long Con, zebra and b24 on Night Zero. :shrug2: Possibly timmer
Ricochet wrote:Black Rock, Long Con, zebra and b24
Ricochet wrote:zebra and b24
Ricochet wrote:b24
That's it, you're trolling. This is pure unadulterated WIFOM. Civilian Rico does not believe that b24 is actually "caught" by a connection with me that can only be described as abysmal and can only be justified as being posted in the first place for the sole purpose of reaction-gauging, NOR does mafia Rico believe that this act will actually convince anyone that they're putting in an honest scum-hunting effort while claiming that b24 is caught for the very same reason. So, we're left with WIFOM. And when in doubt with WIFOM, it's coming from a baddie.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Worth adding that it can't be the reaction-gauging kind of WIFOM that myself, Wilgy, and Epi have indulged in before because reaction-gauging WIFOM doesn't jump to conclusions nor does it misrepresent posts to such an extreme yet at the same time not intentionally transparent way. So if it's a civilian-motivated WIFOM that isn't reaction-gauging, then I can't think of any other way to interpret it. Ergo baddie.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

a2thezebra wrote:
Ricochet wrote:How am I a suck civilian. I just caught Black Rock, Long Con, zebra and b24 on Night Zero. :shrug2: Possibly timmer, too, I'll have to assess him further.
Ricochet wrote:I just caught Black Rock, Long Con, zebra and b24 on Night Zero. :shrug2: Possibly timmer, too, I'll have to assess him further.
Ricochet wrote:Black Rock, Long Con, zebra and b24 on Night Zero. :shrug2: Possibly timmer
That's it, you're trolling. This is pure unadulterated WIFOM. Civilian Rico does not believe that b24 is actually "caught" by a connection with me that can only be described as abysmal and can only be justified as being posted in the first place for the sole purpose of reaction-gauging, NOR does mafia Rico believe that this act will actually convince anyone that they're putting in an honest scum-hunting effort while claiming that b24 is caught for the very same reason. So, we're left with WIFOM. And when in doubt with WIFOM, it's coming from a baddie.
if youd be civ youd trust my calls this time but this only adds to confirmation youre not (sorry about speling on mobile)
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Trust your calls that I'm bad, as well as being teammates with b24 because we posted for the first time around the same time?

SO MUCH WINE, I'M FEELING BUZZED BRUHHHHHHHHHH
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

If I was civ, I would trust your call that I'm not civ. Brilliant, I love it.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I could exonerate you and bring you to the log
ight side just comfess
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

dat mobeil
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 132

Post by thellama73 »

Wow, okay, there is a lot of noise to cut through in this thread. Weirdly, I don't have bad feeling about Ricochet this game, although I do enjoy the back and forth between him and Zebra (who is a girl).

The person I a starting to have bad feelings about is MacDougall. He started off basically accusing a bunch of people of being bad, including Ricochet, in a jokey fashion, which felt like a distractionary tactic, and then he allowed his jokey attack on Rico to morph into a real one, joining Zebra (who is a girl). It feels like opportunism to try to eliminate a dangerous rival early, and I'm not reading his attacks as wholly sincere.

But then again, it's not even day one yet, so all this could change.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

thellama73 wrote:Zebra (who is a girl)

Zebra (who is a girl)
I think that you think that I take myself more seriously than I actually do. Yes, I identify as a girl, no, I'm not going to antagonize anyone that doesn't agree.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

a2thezebra wrote:

Zebra (who is a girl)
I think that you think that I take myself more seriously than I actually do. Yes, I identify as a girl, no, I'm not going to antagonize anyone that doesn't agree.[/quote
I'll be the judge of that.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

[YouTube W5FfJ89rGPc]
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Whoops too much RYM
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Mac is my green peen though lama cant have you want to lynch him
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

thellama73 wrote:Wow, okay, there is a lot of noise to cut through in this thread. Weirdly, I don't have bad feeling about Ricochet this game, although I do enjoy the back and forth between him and Zebra (who is a girl).

The person I a starting to have bad feelings about is MacDougall. He started off basically accusing a bunch of people of being bad, including Ricochet, in a jokey fashion, which felt like a distractionary tactic, and then he allowed his jokey attack on Rico to morph into a real one, joining Zebra (who is a girl). It feels like opportunism to try to eliminate a dangerous rival early, and I'm not reading his attacks as wholly sincere.

Horseshit!

I started off accusing a bunch of people with THE EXCEPTION of Rico, who I actually did not get pinged by and said as much when he asked if I also thought he was bad.

I didn't make a "jokey" accusation until ages later. And it was indeed a joke.

It was then another long period before I came back and saw posts that actually pinged me.

To say that I "allowed" my joke scum read on him to morph into a real one is a misrepresentation of what actually occurred as all three engagements occurred very much separate of one another. I quite clearly started out with no ping. Later on made a joke post. Then was pinged even later on that led to now.

As for saying my accusations felt like a distractionary tactic I'm not even sure what you're getting at. For what purposes do scum engage "distractionary" tactics on day 0? Are you suggesting that there was actually something I was distracting everyone from seeing?

You didn't even bother to quote posts and if you had have you'd have realised your case was flawed as you were doing it. So did you intentionally leave out the quotes so you could make up a story about me that's not true? Or are you just being a lazy civ posting based on chopped up memories of what you think happened?

I await my apology.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

:offtobed:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I await mine as well.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 49

Post by sig »

I want an apology also, I'm not sure what I want it for, but by God I want one!

So I read the back and forth between Ricohet, Mac, and Zebra and honestly most of it went in one ear and out the other. I think Llama raises an interesting point about Mac, Zebra seems to be acting like Zebra. Rico seems to be posting a good amount of stuff.

What does everyone think of JJJ? He posted those voice messages, but after I raised my concern of them I don't recall anymore of his posts.

MacDougall wrote:Yes Ricochet is most certainly bullshitting hard. This is not my beautiful Ricochet.
Mac has a role from the TH game, :ponder: or I'm getting my old people bands mixed up? :P

thellama73 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

Zebra (who is a girl)
I think that you think that I take myself more seriously than I actually do. Yes, I identify as a girl, no, I'm not going to antagonize anyone that doesn't agree.[/quote
I'll be the judge of that.

Well I mean she hasn't threatened to sue you, or accuse you of using improper pronouns, or kidnap you, lock you in a hole, keep you there for about 3 to 5 days, hang you from her second story house when she tells you that she is taking you upstairs to get a shower, and then after hanging you skin you to make a man suit for her to wear. (I in no way mean to be offensive so I hope nobody takes it that way, I truly doubt Zebra is a Serial Killer, BUT if she is I just want you to know Zebra I wouldn't make a very good victim at all and I'd never turn you in to the police when Llama's skinned body turns up in a river with a cocoon shoved up his throat :nicenod: )

So I'd say she was okay. :beer:
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Been watching too much Silence of the Lambs eh sig?
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 49

Post by sig »

The book was better then the movie, but yes. :P .
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I think the movie is a mess tbh
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:I see a winning option has been strengthened in votes. That is very good.
Epignosis wrote:My top suspect is Sorsha. I found her Ricochet comment superfluous and without adding anything to the conversation (not that the bar was set real high).
My suspect #14 is Epignosis, for not letting players comment on me and suspect me as they please.

He is also my suspect #10 for not sending me a copy of his third album.
Aren't you also telling players to

You should only confirm that I'm top civ and work on your concession speach instead, tbh.[/quote]
]read you as top civ
?
Ricochet wrote:
LoRab wrote:So that's 2 (I think, may have missed another) folks who have said they were one of the roles named in the prior game. Perhaps the game roles are the roles that people had in the game in which they won? Not necessarily the same powers/alignments (I'm still not necessarily thinking these are the same) but the same role names? Can anyone else say if they were one of the roles in this poll?
In case you really don't remember the Champies mechanics in previous years (which I doubt, but whatever), then it is near certain the roles (characters) in this game are a mashup of roles (characters) that appeared in the games played throughout 2015.

Just like you, I don't believe that means every role will necessarily have exactly the same power they were designed with in their original game. I'm less sure about alignments, because I don't remember roles being converted to an opposite alignment compared to their original one in previous Champies. Then again, it all depends on how wicked our Hosts this year can be in design- oh wait so that's like 200% possible. Heh.

One other thing you asked above and I want to answer to is that the roles imported in this game are not necessarily the roles with which players have won in previous game. For instance, Ezekiel, Xander Crews and Watari were civilian roles in games in which the civilians did not win. So while we are champions fighting it off based on having won games, the roles don't necessarily follow the same rule.
Mac says that Idaho is a civ role.

Also Finn was a civilian sympathizer.
Ricochet wrote:Yes, I am flooding the thread, why do you ask!

I'm not in the mood to update my rainbow list this morning, the version that MM corrected is fairly accurate.
Lulz
Golden wrote:
LoRab wrote:So that's 2 (I think, may have missed another) folks who have said they were one of the roles named in the prior game. Perhaps the game roles are the roles that people had in the game in which they won? Not necessarily the same powers/alignments (I'm still not necessarily thinking these are the same) but the same role names? Can anyone else say if they were one of the roles in this poll?
It was LoRabs theory.
I realize this is a closed setup, but I disagree with this theory being true for reasons.
Ricochet wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I get a rush of energy when I elaborate on what I believe to be opportunistic behavior. If you've seen me in any game ever for even a day, you know this. Doesn't mean I'm good, but it also doesn't mean you rustled anyone's jimmies. Get off your high horse. Nice continued lack of defense to a legitimate and shared suspicion by the way.
Surely you wouldn't be this adversarial off the bat if there wasn't an underlying intention. You are posting like a parody of yourself right now. :ponder:
Dios mio, a warranted suspicion! You're still wrong however, quite often I am adversarial off the bat. In fact if I'm a parody of myself right now then I'm a parody of myself in every game I've ever played. Which might very well be the truth.
"Quite often I am adversarial off the bat".

First real post of the game:

"*buddies Ricochet*"

Heavy artilleries there, m8.
I'm over it.
MacDougall wrote:Yes Ricochet is most certainly bullshitting hard. This is not my beautiful Ricochet.
This is a beautiful statement.

Also, Ricochet has been shrugging his shoulders when accused of bullshitting. Ohmygoodness, suchwildandlameaccusations.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 55

Post by RadicalFuzz »

I'm glad I'm here to watch this. Aside from the humor of being referred to as a "champion" after one game where I did little of consequence aside from screw with J3's paranoia, this is a lot more entertaining than I expected.

Also, rebuttal to his daily reminder, Lynch Wilgy.

Zebra I understand your frustration at seemingly being misrepresented, but you're committing the same premature conclusion fallacy you're accusing Rico of.
I like to save my conclusions for when I'm given enough meat to form a conclusion
In a single post you pretend that my response was a deflective defense when it's not, while at the same time using deflection as your own defense because you don't have a reasonable answer as to what I accused of...because I hit the nail on the head
What exactly was his supposed defense against "you're trying to look as town as possible?" Did you expect him to refute that point, that he isn't trying to look town?

Something that concerns me, however, is this post you make shortly after the above. You say the following:
Nice continued lack of defense to a legitimate and shared suspicion by the way.
Nobody else has commented on your suspicion, it's literally two posts after you initially stated it, so how is it "shared?"

Ease in reaching out: 4
Timely response to your inquiry: N/A
Friendly & courteous service: 3
What level of civvieness would you rate his services? 3
What level of baddieness would you rate his services? 3
How satisfied are you with his products or services? 4
What aspect of his product or service could be improved? Doesn't talk about me enough, my ego will shrivel up without that
Overall experience: 3
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:Daily reminder: Lynch Fuzz

Hello everyone!
Hello Dr Wilgy. It is currently still a pleasure to play in this Champions Game with you.

Would you like a cup of tea? :tea:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote: I'd like to grind this negative interaction to a halt because I'm a little bit over 200 post arguments with people I actually don't have scum reads on (see Golden vs. Mac, Star Wars). I've seen enough out of you to change my tune.
Works for me, but I have to address this:
MacDougall wrote:Post lots and you'll live longer.
For you, and for many people, this is true to an extent. For me, helllllll no. I got as far as I did in Star Wars by the skin of my teeth and a shit-ton of luck. When I speak my mind and play a strictly genuine game - regardless of my alignment - you can guarantee that I will be lynched (not night-killed, LYNCHED) by Day 3. So I don't do that anymore - regardless of my alignment. People think my observations and conclusions are either too strange to be town-motivated or outright fake. They just do. So my mafia persona has incorporated much more deceit and much more manipulation then when I started out. For me, this is a necessity to survive. I NEVER coast, because I simply can't. It's not in me to be a minimal poster, I'm not synchronized with everyone else enough to state my mind 24/7, and I can't even coast with sheer posting magnitude because even when I keep certain things from others there's still enough posts where someone will call me out on something by reading it the wrong way. Even when I AM bad I'm more often than not read as bad for incorrect reasons, such as misinterpreting my intentions or thinking that my activity is effected by my alignment when it literally never is. That makes the game fun and challenging for me, but I have never coasted in any game ever.
To be fair, I think I have only ever voted for you once, and that was in a game where I was bad, and it was still a joke vote on Day 1. :noble:

So I can wash my hands of this.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I see a winning option has been strengthened in votes. That is very good.
Epignosis wrote:My top suspect is Sorsha. I found her Ricochet comment superfluous and without adding anything to the conversation (not that the bar was set real high).
My suspect #14 is Epignosis, for not letting players comment on me and suspect me as they please.

He is also my suspect #10 for not sending me a copy of his third album.
Aren't you also telling players to
Ricochet wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Zebra is confirmed caught, I have not much else to add.
:haha:

I'm bad-reading you pretty damn hard right now and even I wouldn't go nearly as far as to call you "confirmed caught." Your feigned confidence is so transparent. Saying you already know Golden's role and all this gobbledy-gook here. I'm glad when I first called you out as faking it I put the word effort in seven quotation marks.
You should only confirm that I'm top civ and work on your concession speach instead, tbh.
read you as top civ?
No, I'm telling baddies to stop struggling. ;)
MetalMarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
In case you really don't remember the Champies mechanics in previous years (which I doubt, but whatever), then it is near certain the roles (characters) in this game are a mashup of roles (characters) that appeared in the games played throughout 2015.

Just like you, I don't believe that means every role will necessarily have exactly the same power they were designed with in their original game. I'm less sure about alignments, because I don't remember roles being converted to an opposite alignment compared to their original one in previous Champies. Then again, it all depends on how wicked our Hosts this year can be in design- oh wait so that's like 200% possible. Heh.

One other thing you asked above and I want to answer to is that the roles imported in this game are not necessarily the roles with which players have won in previous game. For instance, Ezekiel, Xander Crews and Watari were civilian roles in games in which the civilians did not win. So while we are champions fighting it off based on having won games, the roles don't necessarily follow the same rule.

Dunno where you're getting at, but ok. Mac won Dune, right? Don't recall Finn, but civs won Cars too, overall.
MetalMarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I get a rush of energy when I elaborate on what I believe to be opportunistic behavior. If you've seen me in any game ever for even a day, you know this. Doesn't mean I'm good, but it also doesn't mean you rustled anyone's jimmies. Get off your high horse. Nice continued lack of defense to a legitimate and shared suspicion by the way.
Surely you wouldn't be this adversarial off the bat if there wasn't an underlying intention. You are posting like a parody of yourself right now. :ponder:
Dios mio, a warranted suspicion! You're still wrong however, quite often I am adversarial off the bat. In fact if I'm a parody of myself right now then I'm a parody of myself in every game I've ever played. Which might very well be the truth.

"*buddies Ricochet*"

I'm over it.
Is there any point to this comment? :eye:
MetalMarsh89 wrote:
This is a beautiful statement.

Also, Ricochet has been shrugging his shoulders when accused of bullshitting. Ohmygoodness, suchwildandlameaccusations.
:shrug2:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

RadicalFuzz wrote: Zebra I understand your frustration at seemingly being misrepresented, but you're committing the same premature conclusion fallacy you're accusing Rico of.

I've been trying not to be too hypocritical because I thought of this very point you're making, which is why I'm trying to be open to the possibility that Rico is being WIFOMy for town-motivated reasons. It's why when he said that I'm confirmed bad I did not throw the same statement back at him, even though my gut said I should. Perhaps I'm being premature regardless, but really, can you think of a town-motivated justification for his behavior?
I like to save my conclusions for when I'm given enough meat to form a conclusion
In a single post you pretend that my response was a deflective defense when it's not, while at the same time using deflection as your own defense because you don't have a reasonable answer as to what I accused of...because I hit the nail on the head
What exactly was his supposed defense against "you're trying to look as town as possible?" Did you expect him to refute that point, that he isn't trying to look town?

I expected him to elaborate, at least a little, on why he's acting the way he's acting. Or at the very least, provide a believable reason for not elaborating.

Something that concerns me, however, is this post you make shortly after the above. You say the following:
Nice continued lack of defense to a legitimate and shared suspicion by the way.
Nobody else has commented on your suspicion, it's literally two posts after you initially stated it, so how is it "shared?"

Because I'm not claiming it as my suspicion. By "shared" I meant to re-iterate that I wasn't the first to be suspicious of Rico's behavior, because I'm not.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:
You know what's interesting about this whole thing?

1) The post Ricochet was talking about wasn't even your first post of the game. This one was.
2) Matt posted far closer to you in terms of time frame, but Ricochet never mentions Matt.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:To be fair, I think I have only ever voted for you once, and that was in a game where I was bad, and it was still a joke vote on Day 1. :noble:

So I can wash my hands of this.
This is true. I'm not trying to implicate anyone besides myself as the cause for my frequent early lynchings, apologies if I gave off a different impression. :noble:

linki - Haha, I didn't even bother to check that. All I knew was that even if it were true, it's not alignment-indicative regardless.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote: Also, Ricochet has been shrugging his shoulders when accused of bullshitting. Ohmygoodness, suchwildandlameaccusations.
:shrug2:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MacDougall wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Wow, okay, there is a lot of noise to cut through in this thread. Weirdly, I don't have bad feeling about Ricochet this game, although I do enjoy the back and forth between him and Zebra (who is a girl).

Horseshit!

I started off accusing a bunch of people with THE EXCEPTION of Rico, who I actually did not get pinged by and said as much when he asked if I also thought he was bad.

I didn't make a "jokey" accusation until ages later. And it was indeed a joke.

It was then another long period before I came back and saw posts that actually pinged me.

To say that I "allowed" my joke scum read on him to morph into a real one is a misrepresentation of what actually occurred as all three engagements occurred very much separate of one another. I quite clearly started out with no ping. Later on made a joke post. Then was pinged even later on that led to now.

As for saying my accusations felt like a distractionary tactic I'm not even sure what you're getting at. For what purposes do scum engage "distractionary" tactics on day 0? Are you suggesting that there was actually something I was distracting everyone from seeing?

You didn't even bother to quote posts and if you had have you'd have realised your case was flawed as you were doing it. So did you intentionally leave out the quotes so you could make up a story about me that's not true? Or are you just being a lazy civ posting based on chopped up memories of what you think happened?

I await my apology.

Ages later? The game has been in existence less than two days. Now calm down, we're all friends here.

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Are we llama? :sigh:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
MetalMarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Dunno where you're getting at, but ok. Mac won Dune, right? Don't recall Finn, but civs won Cars too, overall.[/url]

I think I misunderstood your intent. I thought you were declaring that Ezekiel, Xander, and Watari were the only civ roles in the poll.
Ricochet wrote:
MetalMarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

"*buddies Ricochet*"

I'm over it.
Is there any point to this comment? :eye:
Why yes! It means I don't believe in your accusation.

"Buddies Ricochet" is a post that I believe is a joke, and shouldn't be used against her.

Linki: Friendship is the theme of this Night 0.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

sig wrote: I think Llama raises an interesting point about Mac, Zebra seems to be acting like Zebra. Rico seems to be posting a good amount of stuff.
In what way is my point interesting? Or are you just saying things to look like you're saying things?

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
You know what's interesting about this whole thing?

1) The post Ricochet was talking about wasn't even your first post of the game. This one was.
2) Matt posted far closer to you in terms of time frame, but Ricochet never mentions Matt.
After clicking these links to verify, I think you got the first two switched. But you are correct, the one near bcorn's is not the first. I even "buddied" Rico before the post that he claims to be my first. :ponder:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
1) Tru. :shrug2:
2) The link I saw was Zebra and b24 both showing up with "omg all this talk, this is madness" posts, to make up for lack of activity. Matt seemed much more tuned, as proven by that post.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”