80%

Total votes: 20
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Re: Day 2~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Ricochet »

Golden wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I would have done it tonight or tomorrow, after returning from my trip, but nicely done. Like my noble title, too.

Hey Golden, remember when you had a giggle at my exchange with zebra about his six suss names? How are we on that? What to make of it? Feels like MacDougall releasing his scumlist before getting offed, back in THM. Would zebra be the kind of player to distance herself from teamies or put them in a susslist, for Wife-Ohms?
One difference is that zebra probably did not know she was going to die, whereas Mac, I assume, timed that scumlist at a point in time where he suspected he might be lynched.

Besides that, though, I doubt zebra's list is entirely devoid of teammates, but I'm not sure we can be certain enough to do much based on it.
That's true. Although I'm still unnerved a bit by her starting to say her goodbyes, 30 minutes before the gunshot. What do you think? Night kill victims being told they're going to die in advance? Since when?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 353

Post by Golden »

Ricochet wrote:
Golden wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I would have done it tonight or tomorrow, after returning from my trip, but nicely done. Like my noble title, too.

Hey Golden, remember when you had a giggle at my exchange with zebra about his six suss names? How are we on that? What to make of it? Feels like MacDougall releasing his scumlist before getting offed, back in THM. Would zebra be the kind of player to distance herself from teamies or put them in a susslist, for Wife-Ohms?
One difference is that zebra probably did not know she was going to die, whereas Mac, I assume, timed that scumlist at a point in time where he suspected he might be lynched.

Besides that, though, I doubt zebra's list is entirely devoid of teammates, but I'm not sure we can be certain enough to do much based on it.
That's true. Although I'm still unnerved a bit by her starting to say her goodbyes, 30 minutes before the gunshot. What do you think? Night kill victims being told they're going to die in advance? Since when?
Bizarre. It's why I say 'probably didn't know' instead of 'didn't know'.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Post by Ricochet »

Half into Day 2 and pretty low activity, overall. Should I just bogus call out more mafia members for the Papermache player to do the civvie's work for them? :suspish:
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 441

Post by FZ. »

JJJ, thanks for those ISOs. DH feels the worst for me after reading the conversations between zebra and the rest, not even sure why.

Julliets' interactions with zebra feel genuine, while the issues I'm having are related more to what zebra said about her. I've only played with civvie Julliets, but when I first played with her, like Mac, I felt she wasn't being genuine too. Very agreeable, asking a lot about other people's thoughts and stuff like that. I thought it was too good to be true, but I've learnt that this is how she really is. She's a really nice person. Mac, Is this your first game with Julliets? If not, what about her behaviour strikes you as not genuine enough?

Matt is also intriguing me. First, there's the theory that Drac is faking it because there couldn't be two curse roles. Then, he suggests that Julliets is zebra's team mate because she's faking not knowing her gender. Now that I think of it, this fits more with civvie Matt.

I feel like if I don't go back and read everything I've missed, I'll be in the dark about people, but I don't have the time.
Hopefully, I'll have more time tomorrow.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 12

Post by timmer »

But... what am I????? :huh: I'm not on the poll, either...? Catching up needs to be done, apparently.
My siggie.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 135

Post by S~V~S »

Attention~

Bass the Clever has asked to be replaced, and motel room has graciously volunteered to replace him. He cannot be voted for today, and cannot be targeted tonight.

Please give him a warm welcome :cloud9:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 275

Post by a2thezebra »

Welcome, motel room!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 429
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

timmer wrote:But... what am I????? :huh: I'm not on the poll, either...? Catching up needs to be done, apparently.
Oops. Looks like I need to do your review too. About to go to bed though, maybe tomorrow.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 135

Post by S~V~S »

timmer wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Alive:

*snip*
But... what am I????? :huh: I'm not on the poll, either...? Catching up needs to be done, apparently.
You have been added to the Post Link list :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 51

Post by motel room »

hi Champions. I have a shitton of catching up to do.
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

motel room wrote:hi Champions. I have a shitton of catching up to do.
Hey Kiji. My suggestion is to do what I suggested to FZ. Start from Rico's lynch post, and read from there. Anything before that point, only bother about if you are isoing particular individuals. It's dominated by rico's attempts to get lynched, so a lot of it isn't of much value.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 117

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Hey Kiji. My suggestion is to do what I suggested to FZ. Start from Rico's lynch post, and read from there. Anything before that point, only bother about if you are isoing particular individuals. It's dominated by rico's attempts to get lynched, so a lot of it isn't of much value.
Might want to pay a little attention to a2z's posts though. :suspish:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
Not so difficult to do with JJ's isos. The point I made to FZ is that suspicions and analysis that are still relevant now have still been talked about since that point, and you can then pursue those backwards as needed.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Old mate wanted to get lynched, got lynched, is now a permanent but limited part of the game or something? Two nightkills, one town one scum? Day 2 motel room arrives crowd goes nuts? Is that about right?
ImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

motel room wrote:Old mate wanted to get lynched, got lynched, is now a permanent but limited part of the game or something? Two nightkills, one town one scum? Day 2 motel room arrives crowd goes nuts? Is that about right?
Possibly one indy one scum. Not even out of the question its 2 scum. Interesting that we were told with DF that we couldn't know anything about the death.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
Not so difficult to do with JJ's isos. The point I made to FZ is that suspicions and analysis that are still relevant now have still been talked about since that point, and you can then pursue those backwards as needed.
Dude, I'm still on the last page. I just saw this and had to respond. :beer:
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Boomslang »

I'm all caught up now as well. People are doing a good job following up on the Rico and Zebra aftermath (skimming through JJJ's posts in particular, dude put in a load of work. Must be working out the frustration over that Bengals game... I'm from Cincy, and my heart is utterly broken.) So I want to poke at the issue Matt raised about Draconus faking the curse.

Matt definitely raised that suspicion midway through Day 1, so it's not a random shot in the dark.
Matt wrote:
Anyone notice that Draconus has posted in nothing but questions since the Day started? Another curse?

So either there are two curse roles, or one of Drac and 3J are faking. Or it's just wildy coincidental that Drac has posted in all questions since Day started. I guess he can clear that up with his next post.
He then asks Drac who could have cursed him. Drac responds with what I read as an honest and reasonable post, based on evidence from before the curse could have happened:
Draconus wrote:Just scrolled the last page and saw this. Good question, Matt. I haven't the slightest clue. But it may have something to do with me saying "I already know what I'm going to say on Day 1" during Night 0. So maybe they wanted to make me look bad by preventing me from getting my thoughts across. Just speculating here.
However, the first post he makes after that response, Matt talks right past Draconus. He doesn't engage the point about Draconus's Day 0 post, instead taking what seems to me like an arbitrarily skeptical stance:
Matt wrote:I disagree with 3J and think we should look at Draconus next. In the signup thread, SVS said there were up to 60 roles, so when it came down to cutting thirty of them, she and Turnip decided to keep TWO curse roles?

Eff that, lynch that Drac!
So, two questions:
1) To Matt: what makes you so sure the hosts didn't use two curse roles? Why would Draconus intentionally draw attention to himself through odd posting behavior, especially given the timing of JJJ's first smiley post?
2) To Draconus: what would you have said Day 1 had you not (presumably) been cursed? Or is that still relevant?
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

any worth in asking what that day 0 poll was about?
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Boomslang, another potential scenario I thought of was that we have one of those roles in the game that does something different every night. One night you curse, one night you are night protected, one night you block, one night you protect, etc. I have seen that type of role in games before (but I don't remember if they were 2015 games) but I think it's at least a possibility in this case. In fact, it's the only way I can make two cursors make sense in my mind. Draconus could have been cursed by a role like that.

(And I have to say my heart bleeds for AJ McCarron...my husband and I are Alabama alums so we were really rooting hard for Cincy)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

juliets wrote:Boomslang, another potential scenario I thought of was that we have one of those roles in the game that does something different every night. One night you curse, one night you are night protected, one night you block, one night you protect, etc. I have seen that type of role in games before (but I don't remember if they were 2015 games) but I think it's at least a possibility in this case. In fact, it's the only way I can make two cursors make sense in my mind. Draconus could have been cursed by a role like that.

(And I have to say my heart bleeds for AJ McCarron...my husband and I are Alabama alums so we were really rooting hard for Cincy)
We do know that positions have at least some presence in this game, as per Recruitment. Did you play that?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Golden wrote:
juliets wrote:Boomslang, another potential scenario I thought of was that we have one of those roles in the game that does something different every night. One night you curse, one night you are night protected, one night you block, one night you protect, etc. I have seen that type of role in games before (but I don't remember if they were 2015 games) but I think it's at least a possibility in this case. In fact, it's the only way I can make two cursors make sense in my mind. Draconus could have been cursed by a role like that.

We do know that positions have at least some presence in this game, as per Recruitment. Did you play that?
Yes I did. Maybe that's one of the games I recognize that kind of position from. My memories of past games and the roles in each game are all muddled.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

juliets wrote:
Golden wrote:

Yes I did. Maybe that's one of the games I recognize that kind of position from. My memories of past games and the roles in each game are all muddled.
For a lot of roles that gave a different ability for each 'position', so I think that could make two cursers possible.

I think Draconus was being truthful about his curse. I don't see any reason for him to have faked it.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Golden wrote:
juliets wrote:
Golden wrote:

For a lot of roles that gave a different ability for each 'position', so I think that could make two cursers possible.

I think Draconus was being truthful about his curse. I don't see any reason for him to have faked it.
Yes I agree.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Boomslang »

Juliets and Golden, I agree. The question that follows, then, is why Matt doesn't seem to agree with this line of reasoning.
Matt wrote: I disagree with 3J and think we should look at Draconus next.
This bit suggests to me that Matt's looking to devalue JJJ's analysis of Zebra interactions. Perhaps he's worried that JJJ will dig something up that could damage him or his team?
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 308

Post by Matt »

Boomslang, I find it unlikely that there are two curse roles in a game where there were up to 60 roles (and I'm assuming, role powers) originally but was cut to 30. No doubt our hosts have all kinds of cool shit planned for this game, so why would they keep two roles, one that curses in smilies and the other that curses in questions? Overkill for a champions game, I think.

As for positions, I dunno. I didn't play Recruitment and my role has nothing to do with positions, but I suppose it's possible given Zebra's flip.

Why are so many against looking at Draconus? :ponder:

juliets, were you faking your confusion earlier or was it legit?
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Matt wrote:Boomslang, I find it unlikely that there are two curse roles in a game where there were up to 60 roles (and I'm assuming, role powers) originally but was cut to 30. No doubt our hosts have all kinds of cool shit planned for this game, so why would they keep two roles, one that curses in smilies and the other that curses in questions? Overkill for a champions game, I think.

As for positions, I dunno. I didn't play Recruitment and my role has nothing to do with positions, but I suppose it's possible given Zebra's flip.

Positions aren't 'possible' given zebra's flip.

They are 'confirmed' given zebra's flip.

Not sure if you meant positions or the existence of two cursers, though.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 308

Post by Matt »

Um Golden, it's not confirmed that every role is a position role, that's what I meant by "it's possible, that if someone DID curse Draconus, it's a positions role". Again, my role isn't a positions role.

Derp, am I making sense here?

I just reread this post 5 times and I don't think I would get what I'm saying if I didn't already know. Haha let me know.
Image Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I doubt that Draconus faked a curse. It doesn't give him any particular cred to do so. Maybe if we see no more curses then it could be something to look into, but even then, it's weird.

If there ARE Positions for multiple roles, and two different roles have the ability to curse on one of the Positions... I doubt that the hosts would make it on the SAME Position. So I don't think that's a likely idea.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Lol, yeah that wasn't clear at all. Obviously not all roles are position roles (see: Rico). As for whether or not whoever cursed Draco is a position role... :shrug: I think we are most likely to resolve this by whether or not it happens every day, so there probably isn't a lot of merit in speculation when proper evidence ought to present itself. Zebra's cursing function existed in 4/5 positions.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 225

Post by DrWilgy »

Howdy everyone, Sorry about my non involvement, the game was moving too fast for me to be too involved (also my dad's birthday just passed and we were partying :beer:). Now that I have abit more time I figured I'd do an ISO or two and here's what I got:

SIG!
sig wrote:I want an apology also, I'm not sure what I want it for, but by God I want one!

So I read the back and forth between Ricohet, Mac, and Zebra and honestly most of it went in one ear and out the other. I think Llama raises an interesting point about Mac, Zebra seems to be acting like Zebra. Rico seems to be posting a good amount of stuff.

What does everyone think of JJJ? He posted those voice messages, but after I raised my concern of them I don't recall anymore of his posts.

MacDougall wrote:Yes Ricochet is most certainly bullshitting hard. This is not my beautiful Ricochet.
Mac has a role from the TH game, :ponder: or I'm getting my old people bands mixed up? :P

thellama73 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Zebra (who is a girl)

Zebra (who is a girl)
I think that you think that I take myself more seriously than I actually do. Yes, I identify as a girl, no, I'm not going to antagonize anyone that doesn't agree.[/quote
I'll be the judge of that.

Well I mean she hasn't threatened to sue you, or accuse you of using improper pronouns, or kidnap you, lock you in a hole, keep you there for about 3 to 5 days, hang you from her second story house when she tells you that she is taking you upstairs to get a shower, and then after hanging you skin you to make a man suit for her to wear. (I in no way mean to be offensive so I hope nobody takes it that way, I truly doubt Zebra is a Serial Killer, BUT if she is I just want you to know Zebra I wouldn't make a very good victim at all and I'd never turn you in to the police when Llama's skinned body turns up in a river with a cocoon shoved up his throat :nicenod: )

So I'd say she was okay. :beer:
So... First eye catch! the post that mentions Zebra from Sig happens to have way more smileys than what I'm used to from Sig. I know he splashes maybe one smiley into a post here and there, but this just feels unnatural to Sig. His reactions to Zebra seems non-committal, kinda there just to be there. I find it odd that his concern was raised, but he doesn't remember those concerns.
sig wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote: Nice fluff post here, broseph. (In reference to the post quoted above)
It is a good fluff post isn't it? I'm quite proud of it one of my better jokey/fluff posts.
thellama73 wrote:Right now I want to vote for SIg though, for that obvious fluff I pointed out earlier, and DH is pointing out now.
So I didn't take Dh post that serious, however know llama has also brought it up. What is wrong with some fluff day 1? I see lots of fluff day 1 this is quite suspicious to me. If I were to vote I'd consider Llama.
Sig brushes off DH, stating that it is fluff but fluff is OK. Is this a NO U?
sig wrote:I see, I wouldn't' say it appears contributory at all, minus my one line about Llama. I mean the entire post was basically about Zebra and a book series. I have however, made a few on topic posts. Not many, but when I saw something worth pointing out I did. Which was mainly the video thing, besides that I can't think of anything else big. This phase has been fast with lots of pages, but a good portion doesn't seem to be note worthy. So the fact you point out one fluff post of myself when several people have fluff posts or almost no posts is strange.

:eye:
Yes it was a NO U. It's interesting that at this point in the game (Day 1), all we had from Sig were two "I'll be suspicions of you if you are suspicious of me" conversation kill tactics, Zebra hunky pokeyness, and awkward fluff.
sig wrote:I still disagree with this DH, even if a player skims my post which I'd say isn't that big they'd see the first line.
sig wrote:I want an apology also, I'm not sure what I want it for, but by God I want one!
This is obviously a starting fluff, if anything it would make people skip the rest of my post.

I had a few OT lines then this.
sig wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Yes Ricochet is most certainly bullshitting hard. This is not my beautiful Ricochet.
Mac has a role from the TH game, :ponder: or I'm getting my old people bands mixed up? :P
Another obvious fluff portion. Anyone skimming would see the quotations breaking up the post and at the very least I'd think they would read what I was quoting. Then another quote this time from Llama, and his thing with Zebra, which was done in good fun.

So I highly doubt anyone skimming my post would think it had any OT stuff since the OT stuff was between much more noticeably fluff.
Not to mention like I said in my above post it was Night 0 and like many people I was messing around. I still find it very odd that you single out this post, and make it seem like a bigger deal then it is. Not to mention the fact that Llama quickly agrees with you about it.
I mean he could just be doing that since I made light of a post which he didn't want me to joke about and he was mad that I did this, however I don't know his personality enough to know if that is the case or not, and I doubt a mature adult would get pissy that I made a joke about how he was referring to Zebra. This leads me to think he is either budding up to you for an unknown reason, he is mafia and thought this was good to mention, or he wanted to appear like he was more involved in the game and this was a safe way to do so.

I think it is semi likely that either DH or Llama are mafia.
I also still have some reservations about DH/JJJ for the audio posts.

I notice DH mentions my fluff post after I brought up the points about the audio posts, I don't recall him ever directly answering me about my theory on this while I do remember JJJ doing so. This is another ping for DH in my book.
This was the post I read while skimming that made me want to ISO Sig over anyone else today. The main argument of this post I feel is "HEY! I know I posted something, but everyone should have just ignored it and moved on with their lives!" Sig, still pushes a NO U from previous, "still ha some reservations about DH/JJJ for the audio posts", even though he states that he didn't recall the contents of the posts just 4 posts prior. Now that I think about it.... Why did he include the question about JJJ in his massive fluff post if he didn't think people would read it? unless he was just wanting to look like he was contributing while not actually doing anything?
sig wrote:and I'm not a fart :puppy: YOU'RE A FART :P

Y'know... I'm tone reading this as bad. Yup, I don't care what others have to say about this point. Tone reading Sig as bad for this one.

Hmmm... interesting thing is, Sig hasn't used a font color for his jokes... He normally does if I recall correctly. Meh, probably being over speculatory at this point.

sig wrote:@BK I agree that my one post (not posts) wasn't contributory, however I disagree with DH and Llama that I purposeful did a post in this way to make it appear like I was contributing, thus looking scummy since I appear to be contributing but I'm not. Which I wasn't doing I was just being jokey to be jokey.

This is a lie, Sig wouldn't have asked about JJJ in the non contributory post if this were true.

sig wrote:Well he is voting for me isn't that enough? :shrug2:

thellama73 wrote:Yeah, I'm voting for Sig after that crazy misrepresentation of my point.

I don't particularly want to see Ricochet lynched, but I guess it will at least make reading the thread easier.

I don't like his reasoning for voting for me, especially since it seems like he agrees with me here.

thellama73 wrote:
Sorsha wrote: Stop with the vocaroo. This is not a vocaroo Mafia.

This. Some of us are in places where we can't play sound, and it's not fair to hide your content from us in that way. Very suspish.

Yet he doesn't mention my post about vocaroo, only my fluffy post. This is suspicious.

He mentions Mac once as suspicious yet hasn't mentioned it again and has said a few times he doesn't think Rico is mafia yet hasn't tried to defend him or switch his vote to himself to try and save Rico :ponder:

These are all small reasons, but those along with my gut read makes me think he would be a better day 1 lynch then Rico.

linki: I'm pretty sure I mentioned being suspicious of you before, but maybe I didn't.

What are your current thoughts on Mac?

So... the part in pink is odd to me, why would he state that it seems someone agrees, rather than ask and have them agree with you directly or indirectly.

sig wrote:So zebra was mafia, that most likely means JJJ wasn't on her team. I did see the idea that she picked him, but this makes little sense for day 1. I think it is worth looking into the players who after Rico flipped made comments, like saying how they hope he isn't as spammy or it would be better to have lynched a baddie. I find the first group to almost be trying to weaken Rico's credit thus giving him less of an opinion and basically neutering him, and the second group to just be scummy.

I think a few mafia members were on the Rico wagon, however I also think there is a good chance that either LoRab or Llama are scum.

I don't have many civ or scum reads right know, but I do think Long Con is a civilian, and I'm leaning scum on Llama. Know here is my question do you think the early snipping that Llama and Zebra did was fabricated? It was only a little bit, but I'm curious what people think of it.

I think with Zebra's lynch it also makes it less likely that Mac is on her team.

One last thing, if Roger Rabbit was a civ role last game wouldn't it be odd for it to be a scum role this game? Could this be some sort of seemer/prankster thing? Remember Night 0 scum was able to do actions in theory they could have targeted Zebra and then killed her today. This could be a seemer role where it replaces the scum who used it, just switched the alignment, or let the seemer pick a role.
I think the chances of this are low, but then again the chances of hitting a mafia night 1 is also small.

Where does the LoRab suspicion come from?

sig wrote:
Golden wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:
sig wrote:
juliets wrote: I am not Zebra or any other baddies teammate and I am not an indy or an SK.

I actually think this part is more important then the rest of juliets post, if we think there is a lie detector this would be quite a good statement to check. Know there might not be one, but the scum wouldn't know that and I doubt they would say something that could be checked so easily.

Roughly what percentage of Syndicate games have lie detector roles?

I would be surprised to see one in an SVS game. Can't guarantee it, but I think it is less likely.

Okay thanks, do you think Zebra is indeed scum or was it some form of trickery?
It just seems odd for a baddie to be shot on night 1, I don't recall something like that to ever happen. Unless she was just killed for her skill which also makes little sense, she is usually mislynched early to mid game. Know if she was killed by a mafia team for her skill then it could be she was onto something about that team. Thoughts?

link: Okay Epi thanks for clarification.
Mac right know they are both null, I think HB is being genuine in his defense of juliets, however, I guess he could be scum buddies and still be genuine.
What do you think of Llama?

Sig's insentience on seemers being in play seems silly. What would pondering this do? I need to check how often Sig states "What do you think of X?" as a civ...

sig wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
sig wrote: One last thing, if Roger Rabbit was a civ role last game wouldn't it be odd for it to be a scum role this game? Could this be some sort of seemer/prankster thing? Remember Night 0 scum was able to do actions in theory they could have targeted Zebra and then killed her today. This could be a seemer role where it replaces the scum who used it, just switched the alignment, or let the seemer pick a role.
I think the chances of this are low, but then again the chances of hitting a mafia night 1 is also small.

I hit a mafia with my wii vigi gun on Night 1 in the Donner game (from which my role is). :mafia:

Why would a non-mafia seemer role choose to show up as mafia? Besides, her role (powers) still sounded scummy. She would have been able to screw up with a (presumably cop's) alignment checks. The insanification part can usually be attributed to both town and anti-town (if the question-ifier is town, it makes sense for balance purposes), but her "position 4" is the biggest indicator that she was up to no good.

Or are you saying her killer can change how he shows up? Is this a reference to the Trickster or any other role this past year? What did the Trickster do in WR?

The only thing I don't get is how come zebra acted cognizant within minutes of her death. Night victims don't usually get told they're going down (except if you're watching footie at Epig's home while he's hosting). Strange near-death behaviour.

I was saying her killer might be able to change her role or alignment, I haven't seen a role like that on TS yet, but I've played on other sites that have such a role. I think the chances of it happening is low, but figured it was worth mentioning.

Sig, do you think that there are any roles in this game that are from outside TS?

To sum up my thoughts, I think Sig is scumdoodlin, but I don't have a point of reference due to... well... not paying attention for awhile. What do others think of this? I'm going to drop my vote on him, and look at some others.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: [Night 0] 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
bcornett24 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Maybe we should quote the entire thing again.
How do you currently feel about being red on multiple rainbow lists?
I care so much less than I have cared in years. It's a liberating feeling. I don't think I've done anything remotely suspicious, but I'm probably biased, yanno? I'm me.
Apethetic Jay has arrived... FIREBALL! :flamed:
I just realized what this post refers to. As some may recall, bcornett is a high school chum of mine. We and our other chums played D&D often (insert Homer Simpson neeeerd picture). One time we were playing after I'd completed a miserable double shift on two hours of sleep, and I was obviously exhausted. I could barely tell what was going on in the game, and bcornett the DM decided to obstruct my wizard's passing with a large crowd of civilians. So in my fatigued stupor I slaughtered them all with a fireball and forever turned the course of our group in the eyes of the 5-0 forever. /end silly story
You should hear what I accomplished with Acid Splash. :|
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 686

Post by DharmaHelper »

Hot damn am I off the poll? I've been busy all day.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Matt wrote:Boomslang, I find it unlikely that there are two curse roles in a game where there were up to 60 roles (and I'm assuming, role powers) originally but was cut to 30. No doubt our hosts have all kinds of cool shit planned for this game, so why would they keep two roles, one that curses in smilies and the other that curses in questions? Overkill for a champions game, I think.

I was confused about whether Keterman was male or female. You said male. I believe JJJ said female. Or maybe I misunderstood what one of you said but I don't think so. I understood from before this game started that zebra identified as female. This was the first I'd heard that Keterman and zebra were the same person. I still don't know for sure how Keterman identified - I thought it was as male. I'm still confused but not about zebra, about Keterman.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm voting Lorab again. For now.

Thanks 3J for that...whatever it was.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

I'm about halfway through. I'm about halfway gone.
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote:

I was confused about whether Keterman was male or female. You said male. I believe JJJ said female. Or maybe I misunderstood what one of you said but I don't think so. I understood from before this game started that zebra identified as female. This was the first I'd heard that Keterman and zebra were the same person. I still don't know for sure how Keterman identified - I thought it was as male. I'm still confused but not about zebra, about Keterman.
I love you, juliets. Your confusion is tickling me immensely.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123

Re: Night 1~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Black Rock »

Ricochet wrote:ZEEEEEEEEEEEBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I fuken called you out, night zerone!! The magic works!!

Also, I want to formally apologise to Eloh for most likely driving her away.

Also, positions?? That doesn't sound good at all...

Do you think that baddies might have positions?

I am a full 24 hous behind or so technically. Damn.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

a2thezebra wrote:What a wonderful thing, to live. You get to eat, you get to sleep, you get to cry, you get to make friends...I hope I live for a long, long time.
lol, just because... you know... lol
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Sorsha wrote:The positions set up was from Recruitment Mafia- each role had a different power each night depending on what position everyone votes on the previous night.
:noble:
pure genius is you ask me!
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

S~V~S wrote:In other news~

dfaraday was quietly lurking about as he is wont to do, watching quietly and waiting for something to catch his eye. Generally he lasted deep into games as he was so, so blendy. Not this time.
Barry Allen - Flash~ A CIVVIE
Every Night, Barry Allen chooses a character from a 2015 Job or Side Mission. If that character is included in this game, their role will be revealed on the front page.

dfaraday has been killed by someone. Can't tell you who. Literally

Well, when I checked up on the night results I did not see this. RIP DF.

I would have loved this role. It's too bad it didn't survive.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:No wonder Zebra was having the most fun observing my emoji frustration. :P

Should be some great opportunities for finding her team mates. She was highly vocal.
Having said that, as I noted yesterday, when I isoed her I found very little, despite a high post count. A lot of sparring with rico, but not a whole lot of interaction beyond that. Of course, that was up to the point in time at which I did the iso.

I had come in here intending to make zebra my first suspect today, so I need to refocus I guess.
I must have missed where you suspected her before.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Golden wrote:Anyone play a game where paper rock scissors was relevant? It's not ringing bells with me.
I hosted one.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:AAAAAHHHHH WHOOOOO DEEEEEEEEEY
Now I feel bad for voting you.

Actually no I don't. :D
I just voted for LoRab... because she is bad. I see you have switched your vote to yourself. I hope in my future reads I see a damn good reason.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Sorsha wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Thoughts on you posting a lot around the time of these deaths, actually. ;)
I post when I have time to post. "These deaths?" Do you just mean DF? Or are you accusing me of killing zebra the baddie?
Sorry Sorsha, I do not like this post. Just because a baddie is killed doesn't mean another baddie didn't do it. So, what's your point?
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

HamburgerBoy wrote:Here's my rainbow so far, people in black don't have enough content for me to judge. Far from definitive though, I expect by tomorrow many of those yellows will be in green or orange, and a couple of oranges in red.

Ricochet (in the clouds strumming his harp)

RadicalFuzz
Draconus
golden

LoRab
Epignosis
Matt
MacDougall
Boomslang
MetalMarsh
sig
Elohcin/FZ
juliets
thellama73
nijuukyugou
Dom
DrWilgy

Long Con
DharmaHelper
Sorsha
JaggedJimmyJay
Black Rock

bcornett24
Bass_the_Clever
Spacedaisy
Timmer
Tranq
I missed you mentioning me before and yet appear at the bottom of the orange list. WTF?
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

This whole post seems to overlook a lot of options. Like a role that can use/borrow/steal other roles, as an easy example. Maybe he was faking it, or maybe there actually are more than one spell roles (perhaps on different teams), or maybe there is a role that can use other powers. I think it is short-sighted to assume that 2 people cursed means that there are 2 identical roles.

I also think it's suspish to raise this question and perhaps try to draw attention away from the curser that we know existed and from speculation about how someone else appeared to be cursed.
Epignosis wrote:I'm voting Lorab again. For now.

If you would like to elaborate on your suspicion, that would be great.
Black Rock wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I just voted for LoRab... because she is bad. I see you have switched your vote to yourself. I hope in my future reads I see a damn good reason.
No, she is not. If you could make a case on me, so that I can explain my actions and defend myself, please do. If you think you have info on me, it isn't accurate. I'm not bad, and I'd like to be able to defend.

As for the Zebra gender question, I think it is kind of bull that someone's questions about another's gender is making them suspicious (this is a greater question than the particular question, so I'm not naming names--it's not important. It's a relevant discussion, though, so I'm not making it green. We are on a forum in which people have names that are not always typically connected to gender We all have certain assumptions about what behaviors appear to be connected to a gender. As one whose gender is frequently mislabeled, I'm attuned to that. When someone refers to me on here as he, it doesn't bother me. But I know that it can be more bothersome for others.

But why is someone's gender at all important to this game in the first place? And why do we need to be so tied to a gender binary as to think that someone has to be male or female...or to tease people for misgendering another or for being misgendered...or suspect people for not knowing the gender identity of another player.

Matters like that, in my experience, aren't often discussed in BTSC. So, a player making a false assumption about another, or using the wrong pronoun, or whatever...that doesn't make me question if they are making up a confusion that they feel. Or that they are making it purposefully seem like they don't have a connection to another player. They're just using the wrong pronoun. (which could be problematic in terms of assumptions and other matters, but has nothing to do with mafia and suspicion).

This is not to defend or suspect anyone. It's just something I've noticed that has utzed me at the moment. Maybe it's because I've spent my weekend on a seminar with 400 teenagers, preparing them to lobby on capitol hill tomorrow and be advocates for social justice, so I'm particularly noticing things. But, yeah, just wanted to say that I'm not sure why this is even a conversation.

And yes, this could have probably been green, but because it relates to a non-green conversation, I've kept it white.
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:
juliets wrote:@sig - I can't say for sure that Elo was or wasn't bad but she generally doesn't like big games where there are a lot of posts and it's hard to keep up with. I haven't noticed her alignment when dropping but that's usually the reason. Epig could speak to this issue better than me I think.
She can't keep up with the posts. The volume of posts makes it impossible for a cake-making mother of three to keep up. It isn't fun for her.

I'm at my computer quite a bit, and I just now caught up to this page. It's ridiculous.

I get why Ricochet did what he did, but damn dude, there's five hundred other ways to get lynched Day 1, and none of them involve spamming to the point where there's TWENTY pages of reading to do on a NIGHT ZERO, when ordinarily, that is the time when people are checking in and voting. I lost interest my damn self. It's a chore, and now I know that your posts were just to get yourself lynched, so it sucks having spent my evenings after work reading it all to get to page forty-fucking-six for the beginning of Day 2.

A high post count for the sake of a high post count sucks, and some people don't enjoy that.
You seem bitter this game.
ImageImage
RadicalFuzz
The Mark
Posts in topic: 55

Post by RadicalFuzz »

Just so everyone is aware of my situation, I'm going to be hosting a 24-hour charity stream on Tuesday 6 PM Central to Wednesday 6 PM Central so I'll be completely unavailable during that time and about 10 hours on either end.

And I'm relatively new here, but doesn't Epi always seem bitter?
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

LoRab wrote:

This whole post seems to overlook a lot of options. Like a role that can use/borrow/steal other roles, as an easy example. Maybe he was faking it, or maybe there actually are more than one spell roles (perhaps on different teams), or maybe there is a role that can use other powers. I think it is short-sighted to assume that 2 people cursed means that there are 2 identical roles.

I also think it's suspish to raise this question and perhaps try to draw attention away from the curser that we know existed and from speculation about how someone else appeared to be cursed.
Epignosis wrote:I'm voting Lorab again. For now.

If you would like to elaborate on your suspicion, that would be great.
Black Rock wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

No, she is not. If you could make a case on me, so that I can explain my actions and defend myself, please do. If you think you have info on me, it isn't accurate. I'm not bad, and I'd like to be able to defend.

As for the Zebra gender question, I think it is kind of bull that someone's questions about another's gender is making them suspicious (this is a greater question than the particular question, so I'm not naming names--it's not important. It's a relevant discussion, though, so I'm not making it green. We are on a forum in which people have names that are not always typically connected to gender We all have certain assumptions about what behaviors appear to be connected to a gender. As one whose gender is frequently mislabeled, I'm attuned to that. When someone refers to me on here as he, it doesn't bother me. But I know that it can be more bothersome for others.

But why is someone's gender at all important to this game in the first place? And why do we need to be so tied to a gender binary as to think that someone has to be male or female...or to tease people for misgendering another or for being misgendered...or suspect people for not knowing the gender identity of another player.

Matters like that, in my experience, aren't often discussed in BTSC. So, a player making a false assumption about another, or using the wrong pronoun, or whatever...that doesn't make me question if they are making up a confusion that they feel. Or that they are making it purposefully seem like they don't have a connection to another player. They're just using the wrong pronoun. (which could be problematic in terms of assumptions and other matters, but has nothing to do with mafia and suspicion).

This is not to defend or suspect anyone. It's just something I've noticed that has utzed me at the moment. Maybe it's because I've spent my weekend on a seminar with 400 teenagers, preparing them to lobby on capitol hill tomorrow and be advocates for social justice, so I'm particularly noticing things. But, yeah, just wanted to say that I'm not sure why this is even a conversation.

And yes, this could have probably been green, but because it relates to a non-green conversation, I've kept it white.
You've played with me before right? I do not have info or access to info.

Linki: He seems more bitter than usual.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:I'm still on Lorab. I said she cracked under pressure. I applied pressure. She disappeared. When she came back, she was sweet as sugar. I think her twirly behind got the jitters when I called her out so early.
*thumbs up*
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”