80%

Total votes: 20
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Re: Day 3.0 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by MacDougall »

timmer wrote:rip me! :(
Argh avatar and post combo is giving me acute depression.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:Three civilians in a night?

:( that is not good.

I wonder if Ghost Illyria is responsible for the death of DF.

And, Bea :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: welcome!
I reckon that's a pretty good assumption tbh. The way the kills came out it looked like the main kill was Zebra and then Faraday was like an afterthought or something.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote:3 kills on night 2 is weird. Surely the scum don't have 3 kills on a single night? :ponder: The flavour makes it sound like one role was responsible for all three kills. What kind of role would be able to kill three people in a single night this early in the game? I've played with the demo man role before but that wouldn't have been able to kill that many people yet.

I wonder if those three players all did something to trigger their demise. I will take a look.
I think that there were probably three different killers, and each of them were given a Shadowsock to send as an Anonymity Assassin.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote:
Golden wrote:Three civilians in a night?

:( that is not good.

I wonder if Ghost Illyria is responsible for the death of DF.

And, Bea :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: welcome!
I reckon that's a pretty good assumption tbh. The way the kills came out it looked like the main kill was Zebra and then Faraday was like an afterthought or something.
That is my assumption as well.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 686

Post by DharmaHelper »

Long Con wrote:Metalmarsh has voted for JaggedJimmyJay without posting, so maybe he's silenced.

That's also a lynch I would be happy to support.

To clarify, you'd support a MM lynch or a JJJ lynch?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 353

Post by Golden »

Long Con wrote:
MacDougall wrote:3 kills on night 2 is weird. Surely the scum don't have 3 kills on a single night? :ponder: The flavour makes it sound like one role was responsible for all three kills. What kind of role would be able to kill three people in a single night this early in the game? I've played with the demo man role before but that wouldn't have been able to kill that many people yet.

I wonder if those three players all did something to trigger their demise. I will take a look.
I think that there were probably three different killers, and each of them were given a Shadowsock to send as an Anonymity Assassin.
I agree with this. I think the Shadowsocks were probably flavour. But Mac's idea cant' be ruled out.

HB, you felt that sig might have stopped a kill on night one, and said something about evidence pointing that way. Can you be more specific about what you were referring to?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Long Con wrote:Metalmarsh has voted for JaggedJimmyJay without posting, so maybe he's silenced.

To clarify, you'd support a MM lynch or a JJJ lynch?
JJJ please!
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I wonder if Brian's death was related to the fact that he missed the vote? Not a mod-kill but perhaps someone has the ability to somehow kill no voters.

I recall in TH we had a role that forced people to multiply their post count or be killed if they failed to meet their post count limit. Perhaps there is a scum or rogue role that makes it so if a person misses a vote they can be hit or you target them and if they miss a vote after that at any point they die. Could be a neat way to get rid of non contributors. Has there been a role like this before? I can see why RadicalFuzz was hit on account of bossing but Brian was barely around and neither was timmer so they seem like less tactical, more "because I can" type kills.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:Has there been a role like this before?
I recall something like that this year but I can't remember the game, possibly it was Biblical.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 117

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:I wonder if Brian's death was related to the fact that he missed the vote? Not a mod-kill but perhaps someone has the ability to somehow kill no voters.

I recall in TH we had a role that forced people to multiply their post count or be killed if they failed to meet their post count limit. Perhaps there is a scum or rogue role that makes it so if a person misses a vote they can be hit or you target them and if they miss a vote after that at any point they die. Could be a neat way to get rid of non contributors. Has there been a role like this before? I can see why RadicalFuzz was hit on account of bossing but Brian was barely around and neither was timmer so they seem like less tactical, more "because I can" type kills.
It's a neat way to get rid of busy moms too.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I wonder if Brian's death was related to the fact that he missed the vote? Not a mod-kill but perhaps someone has the ability to somehow kill no voters.

Lol people who can't post heaps can still vote.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Dom »

LC, summary on JJ pls
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Lol people who can't post heaps can still vote.
People who can't read heaps can't cast an informed vote.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:

Eloh, you could say, was gotten rid of by a role being used to its potential (Rico's). I'm sorry Eloh couldn't keep up and enjoy the game, because it is much funner when she can.

But I'm not sure what your point is.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I'm not sure what the point of engaging in that discussion in the game thread is.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:I'm not sure what the point of engaging in that discussion in the game thread is.
The question is - why three kills.

And in some ways I agree with you, in that we can speculate all we like but we don't have any evidence (that I can see).
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote:
Dom wrote:I'm not sure what the point of engaging in that discussion in the game thread is.

And in some ways I agree with you, in that we can speculate all we like but we don't have any evidence (that I can see).
That's not the point I was talking about.

But also valid.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dom wrote:
Golden wrote:

That's not the point I was talking about.

But also valid.
Well, what point were you making? Because all the stuff about Eloh comes directly from Mac's speculation of there being a role that can kill for non-participation.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I just feel like Brian would have been a really weird choice for a kill otherwise, he hasn't done anything, he hasn't even voted. I know some mafia players like killing lurkers to get around potential protects so that's obviously the more likely answer.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Eloh, you could say, was gotten rid of by a role being used to its potential (Rico's). I'm sorry Eloh couldn't keep up and enjoy the game, because it is much funner when she can.

If you'll look at what I was talking about, I wasn't talking about this game. I was talking about Talking Heads.

That's a lot of talking.

In Talking Heads, Eloh had trouble keeping up. Then she ended up having to make like 30 on-topic posts or something like that. She tried, but could keep up, and got killed for it. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. That's all I was referring to.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

*couldn't
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

If you'll look at what I was talking about, I wasn't talking about this game. I was talking about Talking Heads.

That's a lot of talking.

In Talking Heads, Eloh had trouble keeping up. Then she ended up having to make like 30 on-topic posts or something like that. She tried, but could keep up, and got killed for it. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. That's all I was referring to.
Oh right, I get it now.

Yeah, I can see how someone might be attracted to writing that kind of role if they have a history of people not really participating in your games. On the other hand, I don't see SVS including a role like that, tbh.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't either.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 132

Post by thellama73 »

The RadicalFzz kill was obviously because so many people were calling him a definite civ. Today I intend to look at those who were eager to paint a target on his back.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

thellama73 wrote:The RadicalFzz kill was obviously because so many people were calling him a definite civ. Today I intend to look at those who were eager to paint a target on his back.
Bullsuit.

Voting llama

I was waiting to see who ran that argument first. I find it much more likely that RadicalFuzz would be killed by someone who wanted to run that argument. I was wondering if it might be DH. I've never been part of any mafia team that has talked about killing someone because others are reading them as civ, nor have I ever hosted a mafia team having that discussion.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:
Golden wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

That's a lot of talking.

I understand now.

Llama, who's your biggest suspect?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Golden wrote:
thellama73 wrote:The RadicalFzz kill was obviously because so many people were calling him a definite civ. Today I intend to look at those who were eager to paint a target on his back.
Bullsuit.

Voting llama

I was waiting to see who ran that argument first. I find it much more likely that RadicalFuzz would be killed by someone who wanted to run that argument. I was wondering if it might be DH. I've never been part of any mafia team that has talked about killing someone because others are reading them as civ, nor have I ever hosted a mafia team having that discussion.

If I might have run the argument first, or if I might have been involved in Fuzz's death? Or both, I guess.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

That's even ignoring that fallacy that baddies would put a target on his back only to then kill him. It's like the chicken and the egg.

@DH - yeah indeed. As a rainbow hater I mean.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark
Posts in topic: 201

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Do me first, do me first!
Golden wrote:Bullsuit.

Voting llama

In fairness on RYM that kind of stuff has definitely come up in scumchats before. It's just long-term planning; the further the game goes, the less chances you have of eliminating the townlier folk come lylo. I disagree with llama regarding painting targets since it also provides a target for protection, but in absence of role info, and without a good blackmail plan or similar, it seems pretty reasonable for scum to kill the guys that would be hardest to lynch.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I don't get your point at all Golden. I think supertown players who are being civ read by everyone almost always come up as kill targets in scum chats for being unlikely to be lynched. And I also said it in different words when I said I feel like he was killed for bossing it.

Have you genuinely never discussed killing a player in a game who wasn't attracting suspicion? I find that extremely hard to believe.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:I don't get your point at all Golden. I think supertown players who are being civ read by everyone almost always come up as kill targets in scum chats for being unlikely to be lynched. And I also said it in different words when I said I feel like he was killed for bossing it.

Have you genuinely never discussed killing a player in a game who wasn't attracting suspicion? I find that extremely hard to believe.
I mean, getting close to end game/lylo you need to take out people who are obviously town, for whatever reason. But I tend to find those decisions much more complex than solely who seems to be a top town read.

Taking out someone solely because a handful of people are putting them as a high town read? No. And especially it doesn't seem likely to me by night 2. The game turns around all the time, you don't know if the person town read today will be lynched tomorrow. Much more likely is who is linked to who, who seems like they might have what ability, who can read me well, whose kill do we look least connected to.

Even if 'who is most civ' comes up (and I honestly can't remember it ever coming up in a mafia chat I was in... much more focus on who seemed most dangerous, not who was most town read), it is hardly in a vacuum as the factor that determines the kill.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Re: Night 2~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Epignosis wrote:That's not the only reason I suspect Lorab. I also suspect her because Black Rock came out early against her, which I would not expect if Black Rock were bad and trying to set Lorab up. Her suspicion of Lorab would be subtler, and as I said if you are reading the thread and paying attention to people's posts, please take the opportunity to include a number, whether spelled out or not, in your next post- I would appreciate that very much. As I said, if Black Rock is bad and setting up Lorab, I would be surprised, because I don't see her doing that if she is bad.
But her thing against LoRab seemed mostly built on your and Sorsha's cases against her, so I don't know if I'd call that early as much as a convenient, off-bandwagon pick. I don't know Black Rock's meta, but agreeing with a couple townies with a case against another townie doesn't sound outlandish for any scum to me.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Night 2~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Epignosis »

HamburgerBoy wrote:But her thing against LoRab seemed mostly built on your and Sorsha's cases against her, so I don't know if I'd call that early as much as a convenient, off-bandwagon pick. I don't know Black Rock's meta, but agreeing with a couple townies with a case against another townie doesn't sound outlandish for any scum to me.
Her reason for voting Lorab was independent of mine. That's because you think tone = wording. :meany:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

HamburgerBoy wrote:I disagree with llama regarding painting targets since it also provides a target for protection.
This point too. I've been in chats where expressly staying away from killing the least suspected person has been discussed.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'll get my JJJ case together, just got back and wanted to say two things:

1. I think Fuzz very likely got killed for being Everyone's Favourite Trusted Civ. Maybe next time, tone down that talk, because it does paint a target. Do baddies need to paint targets on people like that?

2. Do we get two lynches in a row?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Long Con wrote:Do baddies need to paint targets on people like that?
Precisely.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Referring to this:

timmer has died. He was Michael Bay, a civilian.

Michael Bay - Film Directors
A hack director known for explosions and getting his way. Every time two baddies are lynched consecutively, Bay may force the game into the Position of his choice. If he is lynched, there will be two Nights in a row. If he is killed at Night, there will be two lynches in a row.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Good point, and I just noticed the 3.0 in the title; implies there will be a 3.1 as well.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm not actually silenced, I was just being lazy. :blush:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Golden wrote:HB, you felt that sig might have stopped a kill on night one, and said something about evidence pointing that way. Can you be more specific about what you were referring to?
It was Turnip's "At least there was only one death!" shortly followed by DFaraday's death, which seemed like a nod that the latter was for some unrelated reason. Additionally, if there's only one mafia team, it would imply that the intended mafia kill was blocked unless Zebra was forced to shoot herself or something like that.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Golden wrote:HB, you felt that sig might have stopped a kill on night one, and said something about evidence pointing that way. Can you be more specific about what you were referring to?
It was Turnip's "At least there was only one death!" shortly followed by DFaraday's death, which seemed like a nod that the latter was for some unrelated reason. Additionally, if there's only one mafia team, it would imply that the intended mafia kill was blocked unless Zebra was forced to shoot herself or something like that.
Oh, I just took that as evil host being evil because he knew DFs death was about to be posted by SVS.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Oi real quick before I clock out tonight, Anybody wanna talk about why the fuck the thread says "Day 3.0" and not "Day 3"

ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote:Oi real quick before I clock out tonight, Anybody wanna talk about why the fuck the thread says "Day 3.0" and not "Day 3"
LC and HB do.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

What's with the hesitation on Lorab? I suspect her because of her wording regarding Ricochet, and her response was too measured, too kind. Black Rock claims to read Lorab well and says she's bad (and I believe her, because Lorab's tone is a mystery to me and I've only played a handful of times with her). Is that not a one-two punch? What's the deal? Lynch her already and be done. Then see where we stand.

That's my position. Still.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 429
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm in for a really busy day, so this might be a quiet phase for me. I'm changing my continent of residence in a few months.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Epignosis wrote:What's with the hesitation on Lorab? I suspect her because of her wording regarding Ricochet, and her response was too measured, too kind. Black Rock claims to read Lorab well and says she's bad (and I believe her, because Lorab's tone is a mystery to me and I've only played a handful of times with her). Is that not a one-two punch? What's the deal? Lynch her already and be done. Then see where we stand.

Even her very first post regarding LoRab is actually one of suspicion built on agreeing with Rico's case on her, and as you have said yourself, Rico was spewing bullshit. BR's next post was basically (if indirectly) agreeing with your case on LoRab. She then said a couple things about wanting to see LoRab address points to her, and then ignored that LoRab actually did later. After that, she then proceeded to agree with Sorsha's post against LoRab. Sorry, not a one-two punch to me, it looks like for the better part of day 1, her only concern was agreeing with people that found LoRab suspicious.

In fact, in light of the Rico-LoRab thing I had overlooked before, what do you think of the possibility that Black Rock was bussing? I don't find BR's case on LoRab to be coming from anywhere genuine.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

DharmaHelper wrote:Oi real quick before I clock out tonight, Anybody wanna talk about why the fuck the thread says "Day 3.0" and not "Day 3"
you could read the thread and find out! :grin:
Epignosis wrote:What's with the hesitation on Lorab? I suspect her because of her wording regarding Ricochet, and her response was too measured, too kind. Black Rock claims to read Lorab well and says she's bad (and I believe her, because Lorab's tone is a mystery to me and I've only played a handful of times with her). Is that not a one-two punch? What's the deal? Lynch her already and be done. Then see where we stand.

I suspected LoRab earlier, so I'll look into those reasons again.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Boomslang »

Long Con wrote:*votes Boomslang*

Boomslang was the first vote I cast in the game, as I recall, because he made me suspicious back then:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Boomslang wrote:Tranq's slip of calling Finn McMissile mafia (the role was part of a second civ team) is too easily fact-checkable to be intentional, imo.
It wasn't a slip. It was Tranq being a nub. Hence my opening post.
What I'm seeing here is, on the surface, a possible Boomslang-Tranq baddie teamup. That's just surface though, and I don't really think that's what's going on here.

However, my ideal civ-mindset would hold back and wait to see if anyone jumps on Tranq opportunistically, rather than defuse the situation with some textbook "let's not get too finger-pointy" sanity. Short-term "obvious Civ" statements can be long-term "don't worry about me, I'm cooler than being cool" baddie groundwork.
And recently his sig vote twanged me in the twingiest of ways. So, Day 3 starts with a vote on him, foremost of my suspicions.

Never thought too much about it before, but Boomslang is a pretty kick ass handle.
Do you think Tranq is civ? Do you think his behavior over the past few nights has changed the value of that (very early) post of mine?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dom wrote:
you could read the thread and find out! :grin:

I suspected LoRab earlier, so I'll look into those reasons again.
Sassy fucker.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

:grin:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”