Dutchies (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 20
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 441

Re: Day 3.0 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by FZ. »

I'm okay with a Boomslang vote, though it's kind of worrying that everyone is okay with a Boomslang vote
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I'd also like to point that I don't think I trust any of the JJJ voters, except for maybe LC. I think Wilgy is trying a different scum game where it's all jokes and no business from him. If not, he should start being more productive.

MM did not contribute anything to the game since I joined it, and Dom, well, I'm not sure what to make of him yet, but he's not on my highly trusted group for sure.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 429
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote:I'm okay with a Boomslang vote, though it's kind of worrying that everyone is okay with a Boomslang vote
Yeah that is a thing, isn't it. Off the top of my head...

JJJ
FZ
Golden
llama
LC
Epignosis (awaiting Boomslang response)

All have voiced willingness to lynch/suspicion of Boomslang since I put that case up. :ponder:

It should also be noted that only two people have actually placed the vote though (the two people currently at greatest risk of being lynched).
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote:I'd also like to point that I don't think I trust any of the JJJ voters, except for maybe LC. I think Wilgy is trying a different scum game where it's all jokes and no business from him. If not, he should start being more productive.

MM did not contribute anything to the game since I joined it, and Dom, well, I'm not sure what to make of him yet, but he's not on my highly trusted group for sure.
I've stated my misgivings about LC. I think Doc is more suspicious than MM at this point. At least MM has provided one good answer to an accusation in this game that I thought could evidence a town mindset (no time to reference specifics, it was just before the sig lynch was finalized). Doc has done essentially nothing in this game except talk about the now-deceased Fuzz, and a lot of that was just banter. I don't struggle at all to see him as a bad guy candidate -- especially if he doesn't do anything with that vote on me.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

First, i agree with FZ. regarding the JJJ voters. I was thinking about who I trusted out of that list when you posted.

Second, JJJ I am also willing to put in a Boomslang vote especially since two people I see as leaning good have already voted him. Like Epig though, I would like to see his response before I make a final decision. On the contrary side, like people are saying, this is beginning to look like a rush to Boomslang which makes me uneasy.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
FZ. wrote:I'm okay with a Boomslang vote, though it's kind of worrying that everyone is okay with a Boomslang vote
Yeah that is a thing, isn't it. Off the top of my head...

JJJ
FZ
Golden
llama
LC
Epignosis (awaiting Boomslang response)

All have voiced willingness to lynch/suspicion of Boomslang since I put that case up. :ponder:

It should also be noted that only two people have actually placed the vote though (the two people currently at greatest risk of being lynched).
I'm holding my vote until I go to sleep to see where it's needed. You'd be the last one I vote for out of the contenders.

I kind of lost the interest in the golden vs. llama debate. It kind of reminds me of the game where llama went against zebra head to head, and they were both civvies. They couldn't shut up about each other, and each felt the other is bad. I don't know if this is the case, because I'm still feeling wary of llama, but it's an option.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

juliets wrote:First, i agree with FZ. regarding the JJJ voters. I was thinking about who I trusted out of that list when you posted.

Second, JJJ I am also willing to put in a Boomslang vote especially since two people I see as leaning good have already voted him. Like Epig though, I would like to see his response before I make a final decision. On the contrary side, like people are saying, this is beginning to look like a rush to Boomslang which makes me uneasy.
It could be that there are mostly civvies there and maybe a baddie from a different team, if there are two.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote:First, i agree with FZ. regarding the JJJ voters. I was thinking about who I trusted out of that list when you posted.

I encourage you to do just that. I hope he shows up and offers some responses. I probably won't be here to see it though unfortunately.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 132

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:The more people talk, the more confused I get. llama has a way of making me go back on my suspicion. That said, no one really replied to what I asked about him before. I'll post it again:
FZ. wrote: I asked llama why he feels different to me than his normal civ game, and now I'll say what I think his civ game is like, and people can tell me if they see it or not.

Often, when llama is suspected he tends to disregard those accusations with a kind of condescending remark like "you don't scare me", and the likes. He similarly addresses his suspicions in that way as well. For example, I remember a game when he was very suspicious of me (I think it was death note), where he just said something like "nobody is buying what you're selling". When he builds a case, he quotes a lot and shows how those quotes lead to the person being bad. He tends to be cocky in his suspicions, thinking he can't be wrong, or even if he can be wrong, still push his suspicion until he gets his lynch, when he feels someone is bad.

I am not seeing any of that here. I've waited and waited, and even asked him if there's a reason he could think of, to why I don't feel he's being his usual civ. His answer that he's more busy does not explain the attitude. It can explain less posts and maybe less involvement, but I assume the attitude would still be there when he found something he didn't like. Right now, it just looks like he's leaning on what Golden says and replies to him, instead of leading the conversation and pushing him.

Can those familiar with llama's game please tell me if they see what I see?
My response to this is thta it was never my intention to push a case on Golden. The sequence of events was: 1. I said I wanted to look at people who painted a target on Fuzz's back. 2. Golden came at me hard. 3. I defended myself, and in the process saw some stuff that made me suspicious of Golden, but I am far from convinced that he is bad. I was much more confident about Sig.

Also, if you look at my recent games (which I don't really expect you to do) you will see that big case building llama hasn't been around for a while. It just takes more time and commitment than I have been able to muster in the last six months or so.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:
FZ. wrote:The more people talk, the more confused I get. llama has a way of making me go back on my suspicion. That said, no one really replied to what I asked about him before. I'll post it again:
FZ. wrote: I asked llama why he feels different to me than his normal civ game, and now I'll say what I think his civ game is like, and people can tell me if they see it or not.

Often, when llama is suspected he tends to disregard those accusations with a kind of condescending remark like "you don't scare me", and the likes. He similarly addresses his suspicions in that way as well. For example, I remember a game when he was very suspicious of me (I think it was death note), where he just said something like "nobody is buying what you're selling". When he builds a case, he quotes a lot and shows how those quotes lead to the person being bad. He tends to be cocky in his suspicions, thinking he can't be wrong, or even if he can be wrong, still push his suspicion until he gets his lynch, when he feels someone is bad.

I am not seeing any of that here. I've waited and waited, and even asked him if there's a reason he could think of, to why I don't feel he's being his usual civ. His answer that he's more busy does not explain the attitude. It can explain less posts and maybe less involvement, but I assume the attitude would still be there when he found something he didn't like. Right now, it just looks like he's leaning on what Golden says and replies to him, instead of leading the conversation and pushing him.

Can those familiar with llama's game please tell me if they see what I see?
My response to this is thta it was never my intention to push a case on Golden. The sequence of events was: 1. I said I wanted to look at people who painted a target on Fuzz's back. 2. Golden came at me hard. 3. I defended myself, and in the process saw some stuff that made me suspicious of Golden, but I am far from convinced that he is bad. I was much more confident about Sig.

Also, if you look at my recent games (which I don't really expect you to do) you will see that big case building llama hasn't been around for a while. It just takes more time and commitment than I have been able to muster in the last six months or so.
I realize that you've played less like your past self. I've seen it already in the games before you took a break. So yeah, I can accept that.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
HamburgerBoy
The Mark
Posts in topic: 201

Post by HamburgerBoy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:It's always possible that contextual details are overlooked in an ISO. It's a restricted view of thread content, deliberately. From the Boomslang ISO, it looked to me like he was frequently asking people to measure their read on him against the behavior of Tranq, and I think it's reasonable for me to find that suspicious. If I did miss important context, then could you please display it here instead of just talk about it? I don't remember each of these sectors of the thread clearly enough to follow your train of thought without quotes.
You quoted part of it:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Long Con wrote:*votes Boomslang*

Boomslang was the first vote I cast in the game, as I recall, because he made me suspicious back then:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Boomslang wrote:Tranq's slip of calling Finn McMissile mafia (the role was part of a second civ team) is too easily fact-checkable to be intentional, imo.
It wasn't a slip. It was Tranq being a nub. Hence my opening post.
What I'm seeing here is, on the surface, a possible Boomslang-Tranq baddie teamup. That's just surface though, and I don't really think that's what's going on here.

However, my ideal civ-mindset would hold back and wait to see if anyone jumps on Tranq opportunistically, rather than defuse the situation with some textbook "let's not get too finger-pointy" sanity. Short-term "obvious Civ" statements can be long-term "don't worry about me, I'm cooler than being cool" baddie groundwork.
And recently his sig vote twanged me in the twingiest of ways. So, Day 3 starts with a vote on him, foremost of my suspicions.

Never thought too much about it before, but Boomslang is a pretty kick ass handle.
Do you think Tranq is civ? Do you think his behavior over the past few nights has changed the value of that (very early) post of mine?
It's Day 3.0 and I'm still seeing this -- Boomslang asking people to read him based upon the behavior of someone else (Tranq). I do not like that.
But I think this shows fuller extent of the suspicion against him. I don't understand the purpose of an ISO if you deliberately don't try to find his apparent motive for saying the things he said.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Why are you OK with a Boomslang vote?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 353

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I have to go to sleep soon. The discussion has moved nicely but the tally remains particularly gross. If I get lynched that'll be two town lynches in a row for me, and that's not how JJJ plays ball. :disappoint:
I'm willing to shift to boomslang, but I'm not going to shift my vote if it puts you in jeopardy of a lynch.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I have to go to sleep soon. The discussion has moved nicely but the tally remains particularly gross. If I get lynched that'll be two town lynches in a row for me, and that's not how JJJ plays ball. :disappoint:
I'm willing to shift to boomslang, but I'm not going to shift my vote if it puts you in jeopardy of a lynch.
What do you think is the most compelling thing in favor of Boomslang being scum?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Why are you OK with a Boomslang vote?
Like I said, When I replaced Eloh, the first post that caught my eye and made me feel someone was bad, was his post after the first day lynch. Since then, he hasn't done much to make me feel better about him. I think he's saying obvious things just to seem like he's contributing. I prefer his lynch over JJJ for sure, and I think that over llama's as well at this point. I'd like to give llama more chance to prove himself, because even if both Boomslang and llama are civvies, I'd rather keep the one that is trying to help the game
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Re: Night 1~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by FZ. »

HB, my first post:

FZ. wrote:Hi :daisy:

I was really hoping that if I have to replace it will be when there are less players, because it's really hard for me to keep up with this level of reading and catching up. :sigh:
I can't promise to read back everything, but I'll try skimming. If anyone wants to summarize the important stuff, that would be great, but I'm not holding my breath.

I started reading from a little bit after the lynch.

This post caught my eye:
Boomslang wrote:Well, I had no idea this lynch result was even possible, but I'm pretty pleased by it. I think having a confirmed civ as a discussion resource is worth more than people realize: we all now know exactly where Rico's opinions are coming from, and the way people agree/disagree with his arguments take on a lot more meaning.

Regarding the night poll, I'm going to vote for Bos taurus because, like Boomslang, it starts with B. Disappointed there's no Dispholidus typus option :P
Blendy post, with what seems to be a logical and helpful point, when in fact, he's just stating the obvious and not really saying anything. I guess I'll have to go back and read Bullzeye now, but I had to react to that post.

When I saw what JJJ wrote about zebra and her enjoying his curse, my first reaction was exactly like HB's, thinking that he could easily be on her team. Give credit early on to someone while giving someone who is a very high poster a legit reason to post less, which is something I would appreciate as a baddie having to live up to the expectations people have of my civ persona. That said, I didn't read any day 1 discussion, so I don't know how much JJJ contributed to the discussion. If he was in fact limited in what he could say or convey, I'd expect him to come in full force when he was released from the curse and share his thoughts and ease his frustration. Has he done that? I'm still reading. So, for all of you who have been here on day 1, how does his behaviour fit in with what I said?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I just realised - Boomslang currently has the curse Draconus had on day one.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I just isoed boomslang and, honestly, I don't see as much there as I felt like there was. I think my suspicion of boomslang might be residual from being fooled before.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Dom »

DharmaHelper wrote:I'm not sure where I sit on the JJJ vs. Llama debate just yet. I was leaning JJ until his posts on Boom which read honest. And I haven't made heads or tails of the case on llama at all. So in the meantime I'm placing a token vote on Sorsha for her odd comments regarding Golden's culpability in Fuzz's death. :shrug:
If his posts on Boom are honest does that exclude him from being bad?
thellama73 wrote:
Golden wrote: I literally cannot conceive of any game scenario where calling people a civ is detrimental to my chances of winning as a civ.
In a game with multiple mafias, their night kills have a chance of taking out each other, making the civs' jobs easier. If instead they are able to target people they know are civs, that possibility goes away, making the civs' jobs harder. You literally cannot conceive of that? I literally don't believe you.
Why would any Mafia team avoid taking out an opposing voting bloc that also stops them from killing every night?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

To be more specific - I had the impression the boomslang was being blendy and not really doing much but agreeing with other people... but in iso, he has actually contributed a number of original thoughts.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Post by MacDougall »

I actually can see where HB is coming from. Plucking Boomslang's name out and making him the counterwagon makes me feel like you've done it quite deliberately because you know that there has been suspicion on him from other players so he's a very good chance to be counterwagoned.

Boomslang and I have been at odds in this game and my feeling is hard to put aside but I can't deny what I am seeing.

And you're going to sleep on a day where you are looking like a good chance to get lynched and you haven't left us with a legacy post either which is totally unlike you. You've picked a candidate to hang your counterwagon on and expect it will work. That doesn't sound like the actions of a civilian JJJ.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

MacDougall wrote:I actually can see where HB is coming from. Plucking Boomslang's name out and making him the counterwagon makes me feel like you've done it quite deliberately because you know that there has been suspicion on him from other players so he's a very good chance to be counterwagoned.

Boomslang and I have been at odds in this game and my feeling is hard to put aside but I can't deny what I am seeing.

And you're going to sleep on a day where you are looking like a good chance to get lynched and you haven't left us with a legacy post either which is totally unlike you. You've picked a candidate to hang your counterwagon on and expect it will work. That doesn't sound like the actions of a civilian JJJ.
:ponder:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

HamburgerBoy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:It's always possible that contextual details are overlooked in an ISO. It's a restricted view of thread content, deliberately. From the Boomslang ISO, it looked to me like he was frequently asking people to measure their read on him against the behavior of Tranq, and I think it's reasonable for me to find that suspicious. If I did miss important context, then could you please display it here instead of just talk about it? I don't remember each of these sectors of the thread clearly enough to follow your train of thought without quotes.
You quoted part of it:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Long Con wrote:*votes Boomslang*

Boomslang was the first vote I cast in the game, as I recall, because he made me suspicious back then:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Boomslang wrote:Tranq's slip of calling Finn McMissile mafia (the role was part of a second civ team) is too easily fact-checkable to be intentional, imo.
It wasn't a slip. It was Tranq being a nub. Hence my opening post.
What I'm seeing here is, on the surface, a possible Boomslang-Tranq baddie teamup. That's just surface though, and I don't really think that's what's going on here.

However, my ideal civ-mindset would hold back and wait to see if anyone jumps on Tranq opportunistically, rather than defuse the situation with some textbook "let's not get too finger-pointy" sanity. Short-term "obvious Civ" statements can be long-term "don't worry about me, I'm cooler than being cool" baddie groundwork.
And recently his sig vote twanged me in the twingiest of ways. So, Day 3 starts with a vote on him, foremost of my suspicions.

Never thought too much about it before, but Boomslang is a pretty kick ass handle.
Do you think Tranq is civ? Do you think his behavior over the past few nights has changed the value of that (very early) post of mine?
It's Day 3.0 and I'm still seeing this -- Boomslang asking people to read him based upon the behavior of someone else (Tranq). I do not like that.
But I think this shows fuller extent of the suspicion against him. I don't understand the purpose of an ISO if you deliberately don't try to find his apparent motive for saying the things he said.
That's definitely not what I do. Understanding motive is definitely important. What I'm saying is that within the limitations of an ISO, it can be easy to overlook context (not deliberately ignore context) because it's such a fragmented view of the game.

The Day 3.0 post you've referenced shows LC returning to his suspicion of Boomslang for a new reason (his vote for sig). In the process of stating that, he restated his earliest suspicion of Boomslang for the sake of a more complete post. So yes, there is at least a relevant reason for Boomslang to talk about Tranq, but I still think his focus on that perceived connection is too much. At every opportunity he seems to be trying to break that connection down, and every time he does so by talking about Tranq's content and not his own. "You shouldn't be suspicious of me because this other guy's behavior [lack of behavior] is indicative of our not having a team mate relationship". That doesn't look like an organic mindset to me, he isn't approaching his accusers' assertions with his own content -- the only content that truly matters when reading into his alignment.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

FZ, Is Boomslang usually a more active, aggressive, or otherwise notable presence when town?

Good call on the curse, golden, I hadn't noticed that.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:I actually can see where HB is coming from. Plucking Boomslang's name out and making him the counterwagon makes me feel like you've done it quite deliberately because you know that there has been suspicion on him from other players so he's a very good chance to be counterwagoned.

But JJ already had suspicion of llama. Why ignore the viable counterwagon that already exists and completely be consistent with JJJ's stated suspicions, instead turning it around in a completely different direction which risks his own lynch more?

I'm not sure I follow that logic from a baddie mindset.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If I want a counterwagon, why on Earth wouldn't I just go after llama, the very same guy I've been after for the whole game prior? He is tied with me. When I mounted that Boomslang case the thread was even more anti-llama in climate than it is now -- due in part to my own shift. That doesn't make sense.

You're gawd damned right I'm going to sleep. I don't have fucking time to leave you a legacy. I'm so sick of this crap -- it's not going to happen, I've said that eight hundred times. Me getting enough sleep on a work night is more important than staying a live in a bloody Mafia game. I would love to be a part of EOD, but I have to have priorities.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@JJ - ninjad you :p
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

What exactly is his curse again?

HB, I don't know. I don't think he's ever very vocal, but many times, his observations can be productive. I'm too tired to make an educated decision :sigh:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

If I want a counterwagon, why on Earth wouldn't I just go after llama, the very same guy I've been after for the whole game prior? He is tied with me. When I mounted that Boomslang case the thread was even more anti-llama in climate than it is now -- due in part to my own shift. That doesn't make sense.

You're gawd damned right I'm going to sleep. I don't have fucking time to leave you a legacy. I'm so sick of this crap -- it's not going to happen, I've said that eight hundred times. Me getting enough sleep on a work night is more important than staying a live in a bloody Mafia game. I would love to be a part of EOD, but I have to have priorities.
Jimmy how come every time I interact with you to put pressure on you you react like a scolded dog?

That is obviously the question, why wouldn't you just put the foot down on Llama's throat. Why haven't you? Was your previous suspicion of him disingenuous?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Golden wrote:I just realised - Boomslang currently has the curse Draconus had on day one.
I hadn't noticed this either. Good eye.

I'm willing to bet the question-curser is on a separate mafia team to Zebra's. Unless Boom was cursed by a team mate (here we go again), that'd be a tick in his favor at least for one side.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:Jimmy how come every time I interact with you to put pressure on you you react like a scolded dog?
I'm sorry, I shouldn't lash out like that. Forgive me. It's just frustrating to be held to the "massive legacy post/make posts from bathroom stalls/be a lunatic" standard all the time.
MacDougall wrote:That is obviously the question, why wouldn't you just put the foot down on Llama's throat. Why haven't you? Was your previous suspicion of him disingenuous?
I've talked about that in the thread recently, just have a look.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Golden wrote:I just realised - Boomslang currently has the curse Draconus had on day one.

I'm willing to bet the question-curser is on a separate mafia team to Zebra's. Unless Boom was cursed by a team mate (here we go again), that'd be a tick in his favor at least for one side.
Boomslang was being talked about and suspected. He had more to gain than you in terms of using the curse on himself if he's on that team. And again, what is the curse?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Mac, i notice you voted for Matt. Are you also recommending others vote for him and if so why? I haven't been able to look up your reasons just yet.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Jimmy how come every time I interact with you to put pressure on you you react like a scolded dog?
I'm sorry, I shouldn't lash out like that. Forgive me. It's just frustrating to be held to the "massive legacy post/make posts from bathroom stalls/be a lunatic" standard all the time.
MacDougall wrote:That is obviously the question, why wouldn't you just put the foot down on Llama's throat. Why haven't you? Was your previous suspicion of him disingenuous?
I've talked about that in the thread recently, just have a look.
Hey, JJ, I don't intend to hold you to any standard about legacy posts or posting a lot or posting from bathroom stalls :huh:

But from now on I intend to hold you to the standard of being a lunatic, ok?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

FZ. wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Boomslang was being talked about and suspected. He had more to gain than you in terms of using the curse on himself if he's on that team. And again, what is the curse?
Speaking only in yes/no questions.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Post by Ricochet »

What is it with good players and bathrooms?
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Golden wrote:
FZ. wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

You can still say whatever you want with a curse like that, can't you? So the curse shouldn't stop him from speaking his mind.

Theoretically, one can say, "Don't you think X and Y?" or stuff like that.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

FZ. wrote:
Golden wrote:
FZ. wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

You can still say whatever you want with a curse like that, can't you? So the curse shouldn't stop him from speaking his mind.

Theoretically, one can say, "Don't you think X and Y?" or stuff like that.
I wasn't intending to imply that I thought the curse should prevent him being lynched. Just stating a fact.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And in fact, your theoretical is pretty much how he has handled it.

Instead of saying 'what do you think of X' he just says 'do you think x could be bad'.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 211
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

omg! That was a lot of pages to cram into 3 hours reading.

I find myself agreeing a lot with both FZ and DH. I like the read of both of their posts and even the discussion of their disagreeing view points left me feeling better about both of them.

DH - the only thing holding me back with being right with you regarding BR is that it was said she has voted for LR two days in a row. I have to get ready and haven't checked it to verify for sure, but if true, I would say she has put her money where her mouth is with her vote. BR did something similar when I hosted her in Dr Who. No one was really listening to her so she just kept voting her suspicion till it gained traction. BR was civ in Who btw.

I get that is a little different from what you are saying. But it's the hang up I have with regards to thinking BR is bad at this moment.

I do think there is something with your point on Sorsha. I'd like to look at that more indepth when I'm not time pressed to vote and get ready for work.

I"m just going to split my posts based on topics because that seems the easiest to both compose and have to suffer reading.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'd actually be ok seeing Sorsha or LoRab lynched.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I really have to go. I'm set for 6 hours of sleep if I can fall unconscious right... now.

Nope.

Anyway, I'm going to leave my vote on Boomslang. I've decided I prefer him over llama, and I think he's a more viable candidate right now than LoRab (I'd support her lynch too). I encourage y'all to continue having this productive discourse all the way to the final buzzer of the phase. Make EOD exciting, that's when people crack. :)

G'night folks. Beware shenanigans.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 175

Post by Sorsha »

Golden wrote:I'd actually be ok seeing Sorsha or LoRab lynched.
I agree with 50% of this statement. Voting LoRab again.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I really have to go. I'm set for 6 hours of sleep if I can fall unconscious right... now.

Nope.

Anyway, I'm going to leave my vote on Boomslang. I've decided I prefer him over llama, and I think he's a more viable candidate right now than LoRab (I'd support her lynch too). I encourage y'all to continue having this productive discourse all the way to the final buzzer of the phase. Make EOD exciting, that's when people crack. :)

If Golden feels Boomslang is a civ, maybe we should switch to someone else? If you split your votes, you'll end up being lynched
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Golden wrote:But JJ already had suspicion of llama. Why ignore the viable counterwagon that already exists and completely be consistent with JJJ's stated suspicions, instead turning it around in a completely different direction which risks his own lynch more?

I'm not sure I follow that logic from a baddie mindset.
Weaken both wagons a little, so that the new target comes out ahead? Especially since now you publicly said that you'd unvote llama and vote Boomslang just to protect JJJ.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Sorsha wrote:
Golden wrote:I'd actually be ok seeing Sorsha or LoRab lynched.
I agree with 50% of this statement. Voting LoRab again.
I don't like this vote. Because you just ignored all discussion and just voted for someone else.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

FZ. wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I really have to go. I'm set for 6 hours of sleep if I can fall unconscious right... now.

Nope.

If Golden feels Boomslang is a civ, maybe we should switch to someone else? If you split your votes, you'll end up being lynched
LoRab?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
FZ. wrote:

Nope.

LoRab?
After Sorsha's vote, maybe her?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Not so much that Boomslang is civ... just that in review I'm not sure I see enough that I, personally, would vote for him today. I'd probably have him at a very mild anti-town read. His sig vote does stand out, for example.

But I just switched my vote to LoRab.

@HB - But why should he weaken the llama bandwagon?
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 175

Post by Sorsha »

No i didnt. I've discussed things and I've discussed players up for vote right now. I've been suspicious of LoRab and I've stated why.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”