Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Re: Day 3.5 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Ricochet »

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:FYI HB you literally let him buddy you into changing your vote. Kudos for being such a pussy.
Since when does roleclaim = buddying? What's the advantage to lynching him now even if he is scum? Can you agree that it seems like a waste for his own team to have saved him from death, if his claim is fake?
Come again?
If Jimmy is scum, it seems like there are two scum teams at play, one of them containing the person that cursed Draconus and Boomslang. They will be just as compelled as we are to kill Jimmy. Even if it doesn't happen right away, it presumably has to happen for that other team to win eventually.
They can still prey on everyone else and save JJJ for later, regardless if JJJ is civ or bad.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 132

Post by thellama73 »

Ricochet wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Are you fucking kidding me right now.
This post from DH pings me a bit. For context, it was posted right after JJ was allowed to role claim and did so. To me it reads like DH had built his case counting on the fact that JJ wouldn't be able to be too specific about his role, and the hosts ruling threw a monkey wrench in his plans. Almost this exact thing has has happened to me before when I was bad: an unexpected host decision exposing the flimsy nature of my case. It's a small thing, but it caught my eye.
How is a host decision/ruling that has been written in the beginning of this game "unexpected"? JJJ asking for it is not the same thing with JJJ not being allowed until the time of asking to do it.
He was obviously not comfortable being so explicit before the hosts said he could. DH sounds like he wasn't expecting that.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I agree that, if I were on a bad team with JJJ and the team would have a lynch pardon to use, given the circumstances (two Days in a row), I'd opt to let JJJ bite the dust and keep the lynch pardon for other times. This makes me feel JJJ claiming the power is ingrained in his role is closer to the truth. It doesn't automatically tell me his alignment, though. Lynch survival has shown up to be town or anti-town or indy, in the past - but I should fact check this.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark
Posts in topic: 201

Post by HamburgerBoy »

MacDougall wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:FYI HB you literally let him buddy you into changing your vote. Kudos for being such a pussy.
Since when does roleclaim = buddying? What's the advantage to lynching him now even if he is scum? Can you agree that it seems like a waste for his own team to have saved him from death, if his claim is fake?
The buddying was the part where he civ read you despite you "scum" reading him. Followed by your apparent scum read of him resulting in you now moving your vote.

Did you really just ask what the advantage was to lynching him now even if he is scum? Lynching a scum would result in the lynch of a scum. :suspish:

Also Jimmy's claim means his role passively caused the failed lynch, not anything his team did. There was no way to stop it. So whatever you're getting at is irrelevant.
He civ-read me on day 3.0 as well, and that obviously didn't help him any when I basically led the case against him.

Although now I think you're right about the team thing. I said I was going to sort things out in my Tranq vote but clearly I'm not thinking clearly as to the total consequences of this roleclaim. Blech. In any case I don't really mind a Jimmy lynch, I just think the roleclaim and other things at least gives a little reason to consider him as a civ, and to look for other candidates.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

thellama73 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
This post from DH pings me a bit. For context, it was posted right after JJ was allowed to role claim and did so. To me it reads like DH had built his case counting on the fact that JJ wouldn't be able to be too specific about his role, and the hosts ruling threw a monkey wrench in his plans. Almost this exact thing has has happened to me before when I was bad: an unexpected host decision exposing the flimsy nature of my case. It's a small thing, but it caught my eye.
How is a host decision/ruling that has been written in the beginning of this game "unexpected"? JJJ asking for it is not the same thing with JJJ not being allowed until the time of asking to do it.
He was obviously not comfortable being so explicit before the hosts said he could. DH sounds like he wasn't expecting that.
It doesn't mean "the hosts ruling threw a monkey wrench in DH's plans".

Everyone can be uncomfortable with not being explicit about his role. Who would ever be comfortable with role claiming intensely?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 429
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I bought a vacuum cleaner today and I'm pretty sure I just broke it. :suspish:
Oh, maybe I was supposed to charge it? :eek:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

I'd recommend a power steamer, not a vacuum cleaner, to remove blood from carpets.
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Ricochet wrote:I agree that, if I were on a bad team with JJJ and the team would have a lynch pardon to use, given the circumstances (two Days in a row), I'd opt to let JJJ bite the dust and keep the lynch pardon for other times. This makes me feel JJJ claiming the power is ingrained in his role is closer to the truth. It doesn't automatically tell me his alignment, though. Lynch survival has shown up to be town or anti-town or indy, in the past - but I should fact check this.
This touches closer to what I was trying to get at with Mac. Even before Jimmy's claim, it seemed difficult to believe that his team had protected him. Now that he has claimed, we can separate the lynch and team-indication. After all, if it's a passive ability then there's still no reason for scummates not to bus Jimmy. So Jimmy could still be scum for any number of reasons, but the fact that he survived a lynch doesn't seem like additional evidence towards that.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:You did a G2H on every player
Yanno what, I can do that much. Those are easy.

Black Rock - good
Boomslang - bad
DharmaHelper - bad
Dom - good
DrWilgy - bad
Draconus - good
Epignosis - good
FZ. - good
Golden - good
HamburgerBoy - good
juliets - bad
Long Con - bad
LoRab - bad
MacDougall - good
Matt - good
Metalmarsh89 - good
motel room - good
nijuukyugou - bad
Sorsha - bad
thellama73 - good
Tranq - good
bea - good

I'll try to provide a little analytic content before the day ends. I will have virtually no time tomorrow though. I'm spending it with friends.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I wish I was bad, it would be hilarious to see y'all sorting through all of this would-be anti-spew after the flip.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

"Tranq - good"

bro
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:"Tranq - good"

bro
When I have absolutely no clue, I default to good. I don't know how to have a clue about Tranq. Can it be done? Is it possible in this universe?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

bro
When I have absolutely no clue, I default to good. I don't know how to have a clue about Tranq. Can it be done? Is it possible in this universe?
He's not playing at all and bandwagons like cray.

Clues.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 686

Post by DharmaHelper »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Black Rock - good
Boomslang - bad
DharmaHelper - bad
Dom - good
DrWilgy - bad
Draconus - good
Epignosis - good
FZ. - good
Golden - good
HamburgerBoy - good
juliets - bad
Long Con - bad
LoRab - bad
MacDougall - good
Matt - good
Metalmarsh89 - good
motel room - good
nijuukyugou - bad
Sorsha - bad
thellama73 - good
Tranq - good
bea - good

I'll try to provide a little analytic content before the day ends. I will have virtually no time tomorrow though. I'm spending it with friends.
:clap:
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Post by MacDougall »

So I am good but I am insincere about my suspicion on you. Ok.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

bro

Clues.
What did you think of ninja's random huge ass post?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:So I am good but I am insincere about my suspicion on you. Ok.
Changed my mind. Congratulations! :beer:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

bro

Clues.
What did you think of ninja's random huge ass post?
Standard, intentionally ambiguous.

I'm not sure, not that you mention it. I think a player like her can make attempts to catch up, even if very late on during a phase. But I've seen baddies trying to appear eloquent in catching up, before. Overall, I'd yellow her until I look deeper into it.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

now that you*
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

I thought ninja's post looked very genuine and it was the first good ping I had of her, but :shrug2:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Anyway, I just can't see how Tranq can't bother to post at least once during the first part (earth day) of a phase, instead of showing up precisely at the end of a phase (so every two earth days). Either his schedule would, in theory, allow him to show up at the same time on each Night and at least say hi, or he's intentionally doing this ghost move shtick.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

DrWilgy - bad
nijuukyugou - bad

The ones I've left in your quote are the ones I'm most interested in hearing more from you about. I would G2H read Wilgy as bad as well and he is skating by with little to no effort (his evident sickness aside) and it is reminding me of his Star Wars game.

Niju seemed very sincere to me.

Linki: HB if I keep agreeing with you I believe you will have no choice but to civ read me. :shifty:

Linki Linki: What if his keyboard is broken but not his mouse! #conspiracytheories
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Day 3.0 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'll look at ninja's big ass post. I gut read her as bad but I don't really know why.
nijuukyugou wrote:I think I’ve seen a couple of comments about how the kills were “weird” and that perhaps a deal was made with hosts to kill those particular people, or that they were modkilled? I will echo the sentiment of preposterousness on this line of thinking. But I don’t think people who said it are bad for saying it. I just wanted to express my incredulity on having this idea at all.
Why?

This looks like filler.
nijuukyugou wrote:I’m able to look back and understand what’s being said about LoRab a bit better now (I’ve been wondering about the suspicion on her for a while, but am just now getting to it). Very gut-related on BR’s part (although she said she feels slightly better after LoRab’s comments on HB’s buddying up to her), and then tone-based and BR-trust based on Epi’s part, then someone else (this switching back-and-forth from computer to phone is annoying, so some of you may become “someone” unspecific, sorry) commented that she got very defensive at first, then went all IDGAF with the swirly smileys, and has since dropped the hyper-defensiveness. So, it’s tone based, mostly. Possibility. What gets me is BR’s comment that LoRab (who I haven’t played with much, as far as I can remember) does an excellent job of evading suspicion and votes, and is doing just that right now - gets talked about, and then the discussion gets derailed or pulled away to another more noticeable candidate. I’ll come back to this.
Agreeable perspective of LoRab I think, even if largely borrowed from Black Rock.
nijuukyugou wrote:llama’s always hard for me to read, but it’s kinda funny to me that Golden jumped on llama for jumping on people for painting Fuzz as SuperCiv and immediately called him bad for it. This comment of llama’s doesn’t make me think he’s bad; rather, I also agree with it, at least in some cases. I (and other even better, more talkative SuperCivs) were NK’ed by baddies in Watchmen; we were put at the top of people’s damned Rainbow Lists early on, and the mafia picked us off one by one. Now, granted, this was a rather inexperienced and disorganized (from what I hear) mafia team, so perhaps it’s only that sort of combination that causes that to happen, but it’s not unheard of, and is one of the reasons why I also don’t like these rainbow lists, at least early on in the game (mostly I just…gahhh how the hell do you even make a prediction of so many people so early?! My eyes…) Anyway, I’m not inclined to think llama’s bad because of saying that. Maybe other reasons that I have yet to look more deeply into, but not that.
More personal stance, seemingly. This is a more substantive explanation for a pro-llama perspective than I've seen elsewhere to my memory, and it's unique to ninja. So that's neat.
nijuukyugou wrote:I’m finding JJJ to be floundering a bit under pressure. Of course, I said this about sig, and I was so very wrong, but I don’t think I’ve seen this side of JJJ, which makes me think (I’ll go back to that). I think LC’s made good points about him, and JJJ’s especial emotional reaction to two things pings me greatly: a) the accusation of his going after llama for being cursed (which he first backtracked and said he “was absolutely not sure it was llama” when he sure seemed it from his post) and b) the “accusation” that he was using an emotional defense to gain sympathy by saying he’d be gone from the thread (overreaction, for reasons others have said, that what JJJ wasn’t the kind of emotional appeal that JJJ is “morally against,” but rather a way to pull suspicion off of him subtly. Funny, too, that the reaction he’s having to this accusation is a rather emotional appeal). But I’m torn two ways with this. His reactions stand out to me so strongly that I can’t ignore them, but like I said before, I’ve also never seen this before from him. When I’ve played in games with his being bad, he’s rather calm and collected the whole time, which gives me pause, because I feel like I’m going after the easy candidate again like I have the last two lynches.
Eh? I've only been mafia-aligned once ever on The Syndicate, and that was when I was roleplaying as S~V~S. I had like 80 posts in 6 game cycles.

Otherwise her beefs with me are a waffly rehash of LC's case and Dom's doubts about my non-willingness to use emotion strategically as a bad guy.
nijuukyugou wrote:Aaaaaand since I've been writing this and checking back and forth, the votes have...changed. Quite drastically. Hmm. But the two highest vote-getters (JJJ and LoRab) are people I'm willing to vote, so...Hmm. UGH DAMN YOU PEOPLE I REQUIRE SUSTENANCE decisions decisions...Guess I'll make it interesting, then. I do so enjoy people's reactions when I'm able to get them, and it seems JJJ not as easy a vote as I thought. Let's see what happens.
Ellipsis abuse. I might let this become my personal language-based ping like Epi's adverbs. That would be fun.

~~~

From her other posts, a bit of her other content also seems rather borrowed. That could be because she's in permanent catch-up mode and just can't get here fast enough to be the first to say something. I dunno. She did make one point about Mac that is original and looks organic.
nijuukyugou wrote:MacDougall:
Something isn't sitting right with me. His tone looks different from Star Wars, where he was good and I felt like he was civ the whole game. But I can't quite put my finger on it. I think it started with the interaction/semi-thread towards MM for throwing suspicion on him early on - it looked very defensive. And he looked to be using his "superpower" of finding baddies on the first day (he was right in Star Wars, granted), but it looked forced. More observation needed, and now that the thread has slowed down considerably, I may be able to accomplish this. But my vote won't go there today, as it's a tenuous suspicion at the moment. Also, I agree with his vote, so...there's that.
~~~

I wouldn't really say she looks insincere. I might say her posts are slightly bloated. I don't have a substantive read. I highlighted a couple things that either pinged me or confused me. I also think we generally need to be careful about being cool with people on the strength of reading them "sincere". If there are multiple mafia teams as most of us seem willing to assume, then everyone has plenty of capacity for sincere baddie hunting.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

@JJJ

In this quote JJJ says my vote looks like opportunism but he will wait to condemn me until I've answered. I noticed he published me in his list as bad - so much for waiting for my reply. And what else is there that makes me bad in your eyes Jimmy?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:juliets has been a model of carefulness all game long, and has conveyed a desire to communicate with people before she condemns them. When she communicated with me, the results were positive.

Then, with nothing but a meta read from MacDougall, she participates in my attempted murder -- after resisting the case against me consistently before I went to bed.
juliets wrote:
HamburgerBoy wrote:
juliets wrote:I am taking the position that Tranq is not silenced. I mean, who would silence him he's been silent all game. Now he comes in and votes for Lorab after being in no conversation about the dynamic of this lynch. I am voting him.
Place it where it matters, vote Jimmy to negate Tranq's vote.
Hmmmm - Mac who has played with Jimmy in over 50 games see's his behavior as scum. I said I wasn't going to vote for JJJ but Mac is pretty persuasive. And I don't mind changing my mind at the last minute so ok - I will negate Tranqs vote by voting Jimmy.
This looks like opportunism. I'd like to hear from juliets before I condemn her though. ;)
This is close to the position I was in yesterday. I am undecided about Lorab and had thought you were a civ up until the time someone else posted something I had not seen before. At that point my vote was on Tranq while everybody else (iirc) had a vote on either you or Lorab.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
If it's late in the phase and only two people have enough votes to be realistic final choices, I will usually pick one of them -- even if I read both as civilians. I think it's usually pointless to defiantly vote for one's own pet suspect when that vote has no chance of amounting to an actual lynch. Townies need to have accountability and responsibility for moving the game as a team.
Here is what was said about you last night that got me to change my mind. I had not seen this information before that time.
MacDougall wrote: I agree that the initial case against JJJ was weird as fuck, but his reaction to it seemed totally unlike him. He has been snarky as fuck. Every time I've pressured him he starts swearing at me and spitting chips, which is again unlike him. "Mac, I appreciate the attempt but you are wrong. Here are a few reasons you are. Take some time to understand and get back to me." THAT is JJJ civ. Not "Fuck I am sick of this shit blerughgfgfsg gooooooollllyyyyy" like the shit he is doing here. All this craziness around his lynch just makes me feel like scum desparate to not get lynched and teammies helping. I think Golden is a major patsy.
MacDougall wrote: I think I have a pretty good grasp of JJJ's games since I've played probably 50 mafia games with the guy. I am not seeing civilian JJJ here. His cases have lacked fire, his reactions to my pressuring him have been unusually aggressive and he walked away without leaving a legacy. I'm not seeing civilian JJJ.
I could not ask you about it because you were no longer in the thread but I had to make a quick decision.

Today I told you that the quotes above made the biggest impact on my vote and asked you to respond. Does that sound like someone who was immediately ready to vote you again? You're around so now I wanted to hear your side of the story which I couldn't hear last night.

As i said in the beginning I don't know why you are so quick to call me bad when I feel like I'm giving you every opportunity I can to prove yourself not-bad. Maybe you could explain that to me since I answered your post.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Dom »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Except that's not at all what occured. You were likely to be lynched. Not two people, just you buddy. FZ actively participated in saving you by bussing onto someone she FULL ADMITTED she thought was being genuine. Civs do not bus other civs to save other civs. The math on that does not compute any way you try to spin it.
Except I absolutely do that all the time. So you're full of shit. :)

Not all civ reads are the same. Some are stronger.
You wouldn't choose someone else in that scenario? Like someone who you don't think is civ?
If it's late in the phase and only two people have enough votes to be realistic final choices, I will usually pick one of them -- even if I read both as civilians. I think it's usually pointless to defiantly vote for one's own pet suspect when that vote has no chance of amounting to an actual lynch. Townies need to have accountability and responsibility for moving the game as a team.
So you'd actively start a bandwagon against someone you read as civ as a civ?
I don't buy it.
You are purposefully misrepresenting my sentiments. I am not supposing someone might choose to vote someone they may think is civ over someone else they think is civ. I am supposing someone actively started a bandwagon and campaigned for their lynch.

Those are different things and you are purposefully conflating them.
Ricochet wrote:
Dom wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Any non-long-con player, your thoughts on what LC inquired.
I'm leaning civ ATM.
I ask about what LC inquired, you tell me what you think of LC himself.

Ok.
Ah... I thought it said thoughts on LC are inquired. :p

I don't think he's suspish for that.
thellama73 wrote:
Except:
1) not his case
2) JJ's badness is not connected to this claim
3) case isn't flimsy

bro
this tbh
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

bro
Have you read anyone's thoughts on Tranq?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote:As i said in the beginning I don't know why you are so quick to call me bad when I feel like I'm giving you every opportunity I can to prove yourself not-bad. Maybe you could explain that to me since I answered your post.
I did "gun to head reads" on every player. All that means is that I made a quick gut judgment -- it's not a condemnation or a call to lynch you. Or a vote for you. I was more perturbed by your vote for me than I was of some others because I didn't expect it. Most of them were not surprising to me, but yours was. I wouldn't have anticipated you'd trust Mac enough to allow his unverified comments about my style as a player to be the deciding factor in your decision. Indeed, his comments were incorrect (the same incorrect comments he made in our last game together).

Mac is accustomed to a JJJ who plays at a maximum level of effort at all times and under all circumstances. Many others here saw that to a ridiculous extreme in the Talking Heads game. This has led to me being held to a higher standard of contribution than anyone else, and perhaps I deserve that, but it's just not reasonable. I said before the game started that I won't be posting that much. I made it clear early in the game that I'm not as invested in this game as I normally would be. I have to step back and chill out, because my conduct in Talking Heads was over the top and frankly obscene.

I knew people would suspect me, but I didn't anticipate quite this.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote:So you'd actively start a bandwagon against someone you read as civ as a civ?
I don't buy it.
I didn't say that. FZ didn't do that. This is irrelevant.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote:When I have absolutely no clue, I default to good. I don't know how to have a clue about Tranq. Can it be done? Is it possible in this universe?
Have you read anyone's thoughts on Tranq?[/quote]

Yes. I'm uninspired. His last vote wasn't great, but I don't know what I am supposed to expect a total lurker to do with his vote. :shrug:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

In which JJJ shows how FZ absolutely did not start the bandwagon on LoRab:
FZ. wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Golden wrote:I'd actually be ok seeing Sorsha or LoRab lynched.
I agree with 50% of this statement. Voting LoRab again.
I don't like this vote. Because you just ignored all discussion and just voted for someone else.
FZ. wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
FZ. wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I really have to go. I'm set for 6 hours of sleep if I can fall unconscious right... now.

Nope.

Anyway, I'm going to leave my vote on Boomslang. I've decided I prefer him over llama, and I think he's a more viable candidate right now than LoRab (I'd support her lynch too). I encourage y'all to continue having this productive discourse all the way to the final buzzer of the phase. Make EOD exciting, that's when people crack. :)

G'night folks. Beware shenanigans.
If Golden feels Boomslang is a civ, maybe we should switch to someone else? If you split your votes, you'll end up being lynched
LoRab?
After Sorsha's vote, maybe her?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
FZ. wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
FZ. wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I really have to go. I'm set for 6 hours of sleep if I can fall unconscious right... now.

Nope.

Anyway, I'm going to leave my vote on Boomslang. I've decided I prefer him over llama, and I think he's a more viable candidate right now than LoRab (I'd support her lynch too). I encourage y'all to continue having this productive discourse all the way to the final buzzer of the phase. Make EOD exciting, that's when people crack. :)

G'night folks. Beware shenanigans.
If Golden feels Boomslang is a civ, maybe we should switch to someone else? If you split your votes, you'll end up being lynched
LoRab?
After Sorsha's vote, maybe her?
Just the first in a wave of late drive-bys, I imagine. Doesn't really make me feel anything about Sorsha. I'll go LoRab. Okay really now, sleepy time.
FZ. wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Sorsha wrote:No i didnt. I've discussed things and I've discussed players up for vote right now. I've been suspicious of LoRab and I've stated why.
This is in response to fz
But right now there are 3 people who have votes. Do you have opinion on any of them? are you interested to see any of them lynched? If not, are you interested to save one of them that might be lynched of you keep your vote that way? Discussing before and discussing now, during the money time are two different things.

linki: Fine
The last linki was directed at me. She wanted to lynch Sorsha. I pushed her to LoRab. This case is bullcrap.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You also just highlighted her willingness to vote for someone she initially defended when placed under duress.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
juliets wrote:As i said in the beginning I don't know why you are so quick to call me bad when I feel like I'm giving you every opportunity I can to prove yourself not-bad. Maybe you could explain that to me since I answered your post.
I did "gun to head reads" on every player. All that means is that I made a quick gut judgment -- it's not a condemnation or a call to lynch you. Or a vote for you. I was more perturbed by your vote for me than I was of some others because I didn't expect it. Most of them were not surprising to me, but yours was. I wouldn't have anticipated you'd trust Mac enough to allow his unverified comments about my style as a player to be the deciding factor in your decision. Indeed, his comments were incorrect (the same incorrect comments he made in our last game together).

Mac is accustomed to a JJJ who plays at a maximum level of effort at all times and under all circumstances. Many others here saw that to a ridiculous extreme in the Talking Heads game. This has led to me being held to a higher standard of contribution than anyone else, and perhaps I deserve that, but it's just not reasonable. I said before the game started that I won't be posting that much. I made it clear early in the game that I'm not as invested in this game as I normally would be. I have to step back and chill out, because my conduct in Talking Heads was over the top and frankly obscene.

I knew people would suspect me, but I didn't anticipate quite this.
Ok, i get that now. I did not play Talking Heads so I don't have that reference point. I do remember you saying you wouldn't be posting that much I just didn't know "that much" mostly reference Talking HEads.

I understand how my vote was a complete surprise to you because you're right, I had stuck with my read throughout the discussions that had taken place before you left the thread. Hopefully, any other info that is going to come up does so today since you will be out of pocket tomorrow.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote:You also just highlighted her willingness to vote for someone she initially defended when placed under duress.
Yes. Someone she initially defended who was not me. She wasn't thrilled to vote for LoRab, but she preferred it over voting for me.

This just seems plainly obvious to me, I don't understand why this is a debate.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote:Ok, i get that now. I did not play Talking Heads so I don't have that reference point. I do remember you saying you wouldn't be posting that much I just didn't know "that much" mostly reference Talking HEads.
For your reference: I finished that game with 1,491 posts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dom wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Dom wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Any non-long-con player, your thoughts on what LC inquired.
I'm leaning civ ATM.
I ask about what LC inquired, you tell me what you think of LC himself.

Ok.
Ah... I thought it said thoughts on LC are inquired. :p

I don't think he's suspish for that.
Suspish, ey?

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I did a search of Dom's entire post and have found only a dozen of posts in which the word suspish appears. He himself has used it only once before, in Star Wars.

I now believe Dom is in team with someone who is inadvertedly influencing his word use during their private chatter.

Players who so far who used this word in this game are llama and LoRab.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I bought a vacuum cleaner today and I'm pretty sure I just broke it. :suspish:
Why would you buy a vacuum cleaner if you are changing continents of residence?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hmmm I had a theory that FZ might have been bad because of her slipping her vote onto Lorab despite earlier defense of her but upon analysis FZ's behaviour does not have the smell of cautious scum about it. I don't think she is bad.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I need to clean this house thoroughly before I leave it behind. My old vacuum was broken. I'm bad at vacuums.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:I did a search of Dom's entire post and have found only a dozen of posts in which the word suspish appears. He himself has used it only once before, in Star Wars.

I now believe Dom is in team with someone who is inadvertedly influencing his word use during their private chatter.

Perhaps he saw the :suspish: smiley in posts he quoted and was influenced due to it being : suspish?

Fair reach, but if you are right it's pretty impressive.

Birthday party time. Bye.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:I did a search of Dom's entire post and have found only a dozen of posts in which the word suspish appears. He himself has used it only once before, in Star Wars.

I support this observation. Stay determined. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MacDougall wrote:

Perhaps he saw the :suspish: smiley in posts he quoted and was influenced due to it being : suspish?

Fair reach, but if you are right it's pretty impressive.

Birthday party time. Bye.
There's none in his big quote...

First mafia lesson the great Roxy taught me was never use words heavily used by a teammate, but which don't show up in my own post history that much, because it can set alarms to the others.

Tough luck for Dom, but it can happen. He cum.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

I support this observation. Stay determined. :beer:
Yeah, well, what else do you have to contribute with these days? :suspish:
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 123

Post by Black Rock »

I'm so behind. Life kicked my ass yesterday and I just got time to post this today.

I just wanted to say that I didn't miss the vote yesterday, I was unable to vote at all. I will do a big catch up after my three year old goes to bed, he's being a demanding... and is requiring I move away from the computer as I type this. Because he's being rude to mommy I think I will take my time.
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

And my last idea for today:

There are several players who have yet to receive a vote and/or have yet to perform at a good pace or contribue in a substantial way. Names like Wilgy, Bloopers come to my mind, judging by my spreadsheets. Players like Matt or MM have also been kinda discrete so far, compared to expectations at least, but they've received votes during the past phases (or even self-voted, lol).

My point is, the role I have in mind is the Brutal Executioner from Recruitement. He became an SK unless unrecruited within 5 days and he became NK immune if he didn't receive any votes during a four-cycle period. His owner, reywaS, disappeared off the face of the earth in order to achieve the latter. Of course, the Executioner is not the only potential SK/rogue killer candidate to be included in this game - certainly not comparable to the mighty Psycho Killer (on which nobody comments, after the N2 kills!!), but he could be.

So how 'bout someone volunteers to push each player's vote button once (he can return to his original choice, afterwards), so that we avoid potential shenanigans from this role? In a changeable setting, a non-permanent vote should still count as a vote received.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Black Rock wrote:I'm so behind. Life kicked my ass yesterday and I just got time to post this today.

I just wanted to say that I didn't miss the vote yesterday, I was unable to vote at all. I will do a big catch up after my three year old goes to bed, he's being a demanding... and is requiring I move away from the computer as I type this. Because he's being rude to mommy I think I will take my time.
Ok, so that's the late sig, Golden and BR being incapacitated so far - I don't remember Boomslang or LoRab having voted on 3.0 though. Is it possible to start correlating who might have wanted one less vote on the tally from these three players? Who do you think w/could have incapacitated you, BR?
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Ricochet wrote:
Black Rock wrote:I'm so behind. Life kicked my ass yesterday and I just got time to post this today.

Ok, so that's the late sig, Golden and BR being incapacitated so far - I don't remember Boomslang or LoRab having voted on 3.0 though. Is it possible to start correlating who might have wanted one less vote on the tally from these three players? Who do you think w/could have incapacitated you, BR?
I felt like the person who blocked my ability to vote was afraid I was going to vote for LoRab, I'm on the fence if it was a baddie power or a civvie one. I would have likely voted for JJ, but I'm not completely caught up so that may have changed.
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Black Rock wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

I felt like the person who blocked my ability to vote was afraid I was going to vote for LoRab, I'm on the fence if it was a baddie power or a civvie one. I would have likely voted for JJ, but I'm not completely caught up so that may have changed.
So far from page 70-74, I am completely ok with a JJ lynch and would have for sure voted for him because it does look like a push for LoRab.

Not saying I don't suspect LoRab still. They are likely on two different teams.

I'm also ok with a Tranq lynch. I'm not going to give him a pass, by saying that's just Tranq. He's much more devious than that.

Golden, why do you feel so strongly about JJJ?
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 117

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:If you guys don't feel like JJJ has tipped his hand (which I do, for the record) at the very least vote for his teammate FZ. who has made it perfectly crystal clear she is bad as fuck.

1. What civ minded person would participate in the lynching of someone they FULLY ADMIT THEY BELIEVE TO BE A GENUINE CIV

2. What civ minded person says "Sure JJJ *could* be bad, and if he flips bad, don't look at the people that saved him, look at the people that voted to lynch him"

What a joke that is.
I don't agree with you.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:FZ is my strongest town read. :)
Mine too. Simple reason. Any guessers want to have a go at why?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I need to clean this house thoroughly before I leave it behind. My old vacuum was broken. I'm bad at vacuums.
Vacuums are supposed to suck. :shrug:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 686

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:If you guys don't feel like JJJ has tipped his hand (which I do, for the record) at the very least vote for his teammate FZ. who has made it perfectly crystal clear she is bad as fuck.

1. What civ minded person would participate in the lynching of someone they FULLY ADMIT THEY BELIEVE TO BE A GENUINE CIV

2. What civ minded person says "Sure JJJ *could* be bad, and if he flips bad, don't look at the people that saved him, look at the people that voted to lynch him"

What a joke that is.
I don't agree with you.

Mine too. Simple reason. Any guessers want to have a go at why?

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Vacuums are supposed to suck. :shrug:
Because you're compulsively contrarian?

Because FZ. hasn't used any adverbs?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Black Rock
Loan Shark

Post by Black Rock »

Yeah juliets, I'll definitely expand. Long story short: his grasp of my meta is eroded, and he made many of the same points erroneously in Trees Mafia. I doubt he simply failed to learn his lesson.

Awesome! I can't imagine why FZ would be your strongest town read. :haha:
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”