Dutchies (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 20
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 308

Re: Day 3.5 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Matt »

If Rico wasn't a confirmed civ, I'd probably eye him for suggesting Dom is bad because of the word "suspish". However, fun story, and Long Con can concur. In AWR, one of the reasons I guessed Dom was the Living Statue was because in btsc he said "tbqh", and in the game, he was literally the only person to use "tbqh" haha. So maybe you have a point. :ponder:

Nah. If Dom was bad, he would've ripped Boomslang a new one for daring to suspect him. That's what I've seen bad Dom do in multiple games, just FREAK OUT on the person suspecting him.

I like Golden's vote and just may join him. ;airguitar:
Image Image Image Image
HamburgerBoy
The Mark
Posts in topic: 201

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Someone (maybe SVS?) said at the end of A World Reborn that it was their third time seeing angry/aggressive Dom as scum Dom, but at least based on that one game, he tended to get more aggressive only when under serious pressure, like day 1 which was a narrow three-way lynch, or towards the end of the game. Boomslang's basically just +1'd Rico's suspicions. Plus, since people have called him out on that, he may be conscious of his meta this game.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Llama, are you and 3J in cahoots? :eek:

I've actually been feeling better about 3J but your last two posts defending him, somethin' feels off.

Like, it sounds as if 3J actually got a PM from the hosts telling him "yes you can roleclaim" and that you know about it, as opposed to 3J just seeing Turnip's post quoting the front page.
Image Image Image Image
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

Matt wrote:Llama, are you and 3J in cahoots? :eek:

I've actually been feeling better about 3J but your last two posts defending him, somethin' feels off.

Like, it sounds as if 3J actually got a PM from the hosts telling him "yes you can roleclaim" and that you know about it, as opposed to 3J just seeing Turnip's post quoting the front page.
What do you mean "just seeing"? Turnip made that post just a couple posts prior to Jimmy's roleclaim. I don't see how it makes a difference if he sent a PM to the mods anyways for clarification.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

HamburgerBoy wrote:
Matt wrote:Llama, are you and 3J in cahoots? :eek:

What do you mean "just seeing"? Turnip made that post just a couple posts prior to Jimmy's roleclaim. I don't see how it makes a difference if he sent a PM to the mods anyways for clarification.
As in "just seeing" Turnip's post and deciding to roleclaim.

The way Llama words his posts defending 3J, it feels like Llama is saying 3J got confirmation directly through the hosts (like through a PM) saying "yes you can roleclaim" as opposed to 3J just responding to Turnip's post.

Again, I'm probably bein' a weirdo as usual, but just something I felt.

Anyway, it doesn't make a difference if 3J actually sent a PM to the mods, but IT DOES make a difference if Llama knows that. Ya see?
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Golden, you keep saying you don't know why, if 3J was bad, why would he try to push the lynch away from his main competition, Llama, onto someone new. Is this correct?

If my gut above is right (which it's prolly not XD ), would that make sense then? Say they're partners, and say 3J knows he's not going to be lynched because of his save. Then why not try to push the lynch onto someone other then your teamie?

Then again, I have no idea how 3J plays baddieville, he may bus the heck out of teammates for all I know, but what do you think?
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 429
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:So you'd actively start a bandwagon against someone you read as civ as a civ?
I don't buy it.
I didn't say that. FZ didn't do that. This is irrelevant.
Start a bandwagon was not good word choice.
Actively campaign is better.
That's a bad word choice too because FZ didn't do that either. I've made that more than clear. You seem to be consciously manipulating the course of events to fit your suspicion.
Dom wrote:Why are you defending FZ?
Because DH made a terrible, crap, worthless case and some people actually accepted the points as good. It's mind-boggling. FZ is a strong town read, and I will always defend strong town reads when they're being suspected for stupid reasons. I think DH is plain bad for it, there's no way he has paid so little attention. I'm also starting to think I gave you too much benefit of the doubt for the "shot at bea" thing, because your recent conduct is awful.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Post by MacDougall »

God damn it...

Jimmy I read FZ's posts around the vote and I feel like she's a civ. It really was the motel and tranq votes that made it look like an attempted save and neither of them have said anything about it and neither have really been pressured. Without those two votes being tossed on the way they did the whole thing wouldn't have looked so bad and I definitely wouldn't have reacted the way I did. I did have suspicions of you, but the way that Lorab wagon came together really pushed my hand.

I cannot see how we can let it slide. Tranq especially. You shouldn't either because it was their haphazard votes that have really made you look bad. I need to know why Tranq did this. Motel Room at least had displayed a civ read on you. Tranq needs to explain. I am with Ricochet, you can't put a vote down like that and not explain it and then get away scot free.

I think we need to vote Tranq and see if he talks with lynch pressure on him.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:Well you're all losers.

FZ. is not Mafia because she replaced Elohcin.

Elohcin loves BTSC. She wouldn't quit if she had it. She'd be in there talking about...kids and bedspreads or some shit.

But the fact is she's out.

FZ. is a alone.

You're welcome.
I can't confirm this, based on past experience. Then again, maybe I wasn't the right person for her to talk about that. :shrug:

Also, alone =/= civ. Are you saying there are no indy aligned players in this game?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

LoRab wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I did a search of Dom's entire post and have found only a dozen of posts in which the word suspish appears. He himself has used it only once before, in Star Wars.

I now believe Dom is in team with someone who is inadvertedly influencing his word use during their private chatter.

Players who so far who used this word in this game are llama and LoRab.
I don't have BTSC with Dom. We are not on a baddie team together. If he is civ, then we are on the same team.

I will say that suspish is a word that was used a lot on LP and TP, which is where Dom learned to mafia. So it doesn't strike me as odd language from Dom. He also could have picked it up from me during our BTSC time in the last game.

All that said, it's not a word I'd expect to hear from Llama...so...an interesting note to keep in mind.
Civs are not a team.

Dom has used it a whooping one time on Syndicate in three years of being on this site (oh, to the day! :beer:). His LP/TP background doesn't matter. You are clearly in BTSC, talking about how to feign that you find X or Y "suspish", or actively talking through which players could be "suspish" as a second mafia output (if there is a second team).

You defending this and bringing up background from the B.C. of mafia playing, when the guy obviously didn't keep the word in his language for the past three years, doesn't make me feel any better about this.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Boomslang wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I did a search of Dom's entire post and have found only a dozen of posts in which the word suspish appears. He himself has used it only once before, in Star Wars.

I now believe Dom is in team with someone who is inadvertedly influencing his word use during their private chatter.

I... kind of like this theory. It's just crazy enough to make sense, and I know I often find myself using the language of the group I'm talking with. Does this necessarily make him bad, though? I'm not pinged super hard either way. On the civ end, I like his pressure on Tranq and the way he's been skeptical of Mac throughout the game. On the mafia end, I don't like the way he's expressed support for off-wagon candidates and then circled back to the main wagon for all of the lynches thus far; feels just a touch too blendy.

GTH, I guess I'd say bad. The connection of "suspish" with Lorab, combined with his consistent but low levels of aggro toward her, could make the case for mafia teammates.
Well, if he'd be in "a group", using "the language of the group", what kind of group is that supposed to be? A civvie one? Not so likely.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Black Rock wrote:
Boomslang wrote:

I... kind of like this theory. It's just crazy enough to make sense, and I know I often find myself using the language of the group I'm talking with. Does this necessarily make him bad, though? I'm not pinged super hard either way. On the civ end, I like his pressure on Tranq and the way he's been skeptical of Mac throughout the game. On the mafia end, I don't like the way he's expressed support for off-wagon candidates and then circled back to the main wagon for all of the lynches thus far; feels just a touch too blendy.

GTH, I guess I'd say bad. The connection of "suspish" with Lorab, combined with his consistent but low levels of aggro toward her, could make the case for mafia teammates.
Or I could comment on this.

It sounded like a nice loaded thought. Then I shook my head and said "BR Suspish is far too common for this to be a thing" and moved on.
You, LC, Canuck, LoRab, bea and a few others I (very superficially) checked having "suspish" in their vocabulary would not be uncommon at all. Dom using it for the second time ever - the first being a game he won as indy bad - is uncommon and fully supports my theory.

---

Finally, I notice nobody payed attention to my Brutal Executioner warning. Don't come crying on my shoulder if we lose and he ends up existing and being powered up by receiving no votes and coasting through the game.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet what's the better vote right now in your opinion out of these three options?

Jimmy
Tranq
or one of your "suspish" suspects?

I think Tranq because;

a) Jimmy's last days play hasn't looked fake
b) Jimmy already has votes on him
c) Tranq needs pressure to get him talking, and if he doesn't talk he needs to get lynched
d) Your "suspish" theory, while intriguing, can be explained by other things... like a non scum btsc, him picking it up in another game, from post quoting, from reading it on other forum

Now, I actually think your idea has merit, but I can't see you drumming up a lynch wagon on anyone because of it alone, especially since you don't even have your own vote to kickstart it. So if I were you, I would be looking for other evidence of them being bad.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sorry Rico I read it on my phone at my kids bday party the first time and forgot to go back to it.
Ricochet wrote:And my last idea for today:

There are several players who have yet to receive a vote and/or have yet to perform at a good pace or contribue in a substantial way. Names like Wilgy, Bloopers come to my mind, judging by my spreadsheets. Players like Matt or MM have also been kinda discrete so far, compared to expectations at least, but they've received votes during the past phases (or even self-voted, lol).

My point is, the role I have in mind is the Brutal Executioner from Recruitement. He became an SK unless unrecruited within 5 days and he became NK immune if he didn't receive any votes during a four-cycle period. His owner, reywaS, disappeared off the face of the earth in order to achieve the latter. Of course, the Executioner is not the only potential SK/rogue killer candidate to be included in this game - certainly not comparable to the mighty Psycho Killer (on which nobody comments, after the N2 kills!!), but he could be.

So how 'bout someone volunteers to push each player's vote button once (he can return to his original choice, afterwards), so that we avoid potential shenanigans from this role? In a changeable setting, a non-permanent vote should still count as a vote received.
So with this Brutal Executioner role, does the vote need to be locked in at the end of the day or just cast?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I've been leaning already on finding JJJ's claim (that he has a passive one-time survival) to make the most sense, out of every angle. I still haven't checked the list of 2015 survival roles, so I still can't tell if this role would make him civ or rather an indy. Then again, if JJJ's claim is fake, all this judgement becomes moot.

I'd welcome votes being placed on Tranq, at least to get a reaction out of him. I can't put a civ tag on what Tranq is doing, out of sheer principle - although, unfortunately, I've seen a civ do this kind of game before (Bass).

My suspish theory on Dom, at the very least, can denote non scum BTSC, but that's like a lottery draw in which he ended up in civ BTSC with a person who highly uses the vocabulary. I don't think "picking it in another game", "post quoting", "reading it elsewhere" explains it.

I've said in the last paragraph that, normally, a player receiving any vote, whether a temp vote or one that'll stick through the phase, would mess up with his no-vote condition, if he has one (like the Brutal Executioner did in Recruitment).
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Actually, I should have said, "My suspish theory on Dom, at best*, can denote non scum BTSC", but it seems the headaches and pills don't allow for very coherent writing or proofreading this morning. :sigh:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, you guys should totally pressure players like Wilgy and MM into doing anything, like, substantial.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mac, I'm willing to pressure Tranq. I might have to move my vote to a stronger suspect though before I leave for the day. What do you think of the notion that it was LoRab who was saved and not me? Follow the end day votes.

Rico, do you think temporary votes affect the Brutal Executioner role or would they have to be final votes?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

It'll now be the third time me saying that yes, temp votes should normally affect players who need not receive votes to be empowered.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:It'll now be the third time me saying that yes, temp votes should normally affect players who need not receive votes to be empowered.
I just recall in World Reborn my votes needed to be locked in at the end of the day to count towards my win con.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Mac, I'm willing to pressure Tranq. I might have to move my vote to a stronger suspect though before I leave for the day. What do you think of the notion that it was LoRab who was saved and not me? Follow the end day votes.

Rico, do you think temporary votes affect the Brutal Executioner role or would they have to be final votes?
Well considering I voted for you it's very easy for me to give a pass to those that voted for you after Lorab took over as the vote leader because I can rationalise their vote with my own rationalisation. I will take a look and see if anything stands out.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:It'll now be the third time me saying that yes, temp votes should normally affect players who need not receive votes to be empowered.
I just voted for every player that hasn't already received a vote today and then returned to Tranq. I have no idea whether the hosts even have a way to track that, but I did it so there you go.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:I've been leaning already on finding JJJ's claim (that he has a passive one-time survival) to make the most sense, out of every angle. I still haven't checked the list of 2015 survival roles, so I still can't tell if this role would make him civ or rather an indy. Then again, if JJJ's claim is fake, all this judgement becomes moot.

I'd welcome votes being placed on Tranq, at least to get a reaction out of him. I can't put a civ tag on what Tranq is doing, out of sheer principle - although, unfortunately, I've seen a civ do this kind of game before (Bass).

My suspish theory on Dom, at the very least, can denote non scum BTSC, but that's like a lottery draw in which he ended up in civ BTSC with a person who highly uses the vocabulary. I don't think "picking it in another game", "post quoting", "reading it elsewhere" explains it.

I've said in the last paragraph that, normally, a player receiving any vote, whether a temp vote or one that'll stick through the phase, would mess up with his no-vote condition, if he has one (like the Brutal Executioner did in Recruitment).
I have no reason to doubt that his claim is true. There's no reason to lie about that imo. It doesn't make him any more civ looking. I don't think you looking at 2015 survival roles to check alignment will help because while some people claim that they have civ roles and are still civ, we have evidence of a civ role being bad in this game. We saw Duncan Idaho on the day 1 poll, JJJ didn't vote for that option, but he probably wouldn't have it was him either. Duncan was from a recent game, and he was a champion character and the way he worded his survival sounds like Duncan. I think he's Duncan. I don't think it necessarily makes him civ.

I have wavered on my read of him though, mostly because upon looking the Lorab wagon in each individual vote doesn't look as malevolent as I first imagined it did. FZ being bad was crucial to my initial reaction because on first look the way she arrived on the vote was bizarre but upon revision her behaviour around it looked okay. Motel Room had a civ read on Jimmy but Tranq cannot be explained hence my vote being there right now.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm not sure why bea chose me as her vote. juliets was placing her trust in Mac's read. DH I've already covered and heavily suspect. ninja's vote can be called a little suspicious because she seemed to waffle around when she talked about me while having been more clearly suspicious of LoRab.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

I'll switch back to Tranq too then. Worth noting that if he was silenced 3.0, that he hasn't voted yet could mean he doesn't even know he can talk now.
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Day 3.0 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Returning this post for a moment:
nijuukyugou wrote:I’m able to look back and understand what’s being said about LoRab a bit better now (I’ve been wondering about the suspicion on her for a while, but am just now getting to it). Very gut-related on BR’s part (although she said she feels slightly better after LoRab’s comments on HB’s buddying up to her), and then tone-based and BR-trust based on Epi’s part, then someone else (this switching back-and-forth from computer to phone is annoying, so some of you may become “someone” unspecific, sorry) commented that she got very defensive at first, then went all IDGAF with the swirly smileys, and has since dropped the hyper-defensiveness. So, it’s tone based, mostly. Possibility. What gets me is BR’s comment that LoRab (who I haven’t played with much, as far as I can remember) does an excellent job of evading suspicion and votes, and is doing just that right now - gets talked about, and then the discussion gets derailed or pulled away to another more noticeable candidate. I’ll come back to this.
nijuukyugou wrote:I’m finding JJJ to be floundering a bit under pressure. Of course, I said this about sig, and I was so very wrong, but I don’t think I’ve seen this side of JJJ, which makes me think (I’ll go back to that). I think LC’s made good points about him, and JJJ’s especial emotional reaction to two things pings me greatly: a) the accusation of his going after llama for being cursed (which he first backtracked and said he “was absolutely not sure it was llama” when he sure seemed it from his post) and b) the “accusation” that he was using an emotional defense to gain sympathy by saying he’d be gone from the thread (overreaction, for reasons others have said, that what JJJ wasn’t the kind of emotional appeal that JJJ is “morally against,” but rather a way to pull suspicion off of him subtly. Funny, too, that the reaction he’s having to this accusation is a rather emotional appeal). But I’m torn two ways with this. His reactions stand out to me so strongly that I can’t ignore them, but like I said before, I’ve also never seen this before from him. When I’ve played in games with his being bad, he’s rather calm and collected the whole time, which gives me pause, because I feel like I’m going after the easy candidate again like I have the last two lynches.

Aaaaaand since I've been writing this and checking back and forth, the votes have...changed. Quite drastically. Hmm. But the two highest vote-getters (JJJ and LoRab) are people I'm willing to vote, so...Hmm. UGH DAMN YOU PEOPLE I REQUIRE SUSTENANCE decisions decisions...Guess I'll make it interesting, then. I do so enjoy people's reactions when I'm able to get them, and it seems JJJ not as easy a vote as I thought. Let's see what happens.
I think ninja does express clear suspicion of both LoRab and I, but there's an important difference. With LoRab, she seems willing to nod to Black Rock's case and affirms its validity. There are no caveats in which she speaks about potential non-mafia angles for LoRab to do what she's done. With me, there are multiple caveats in which she expresses doubts about the suspicion. But she voted for me in the end. And she said this. Eek.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I just voted for every player that hasn't already received a vote today and then returned to Tranq. I have no idea whether the hosts even have a way to track that, but I did it so there you go.
You could have bolded every player's name in your post. :p

But, I'll take it as official. Get dunked on, BE, if you're out there.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

HamburgerBoy wrote:I'll switch back to Tranq too then. Worth noting that if he was silenced 3.0, that he hasn't voted yet could mean he doesn't even know he can talk now.
That'd be like the cringiest excuse ever. It's a new Day, none of the powers linger on. Plus, if he's heart would be in the right place, he could easily ask the Hosts. Instead, he's just showing up every two Days to punch his vote card.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
You could have bolded every player's name in your post. :p

But, I'll take it as official. Get dunked on, BE, if you're out there.
Can you show me a game when a passing vote activated or deactivated an ability like that? Surely it'd have to be locked in?
HamburgerBoy
The Mark

Post by HamburgerBoy »

In A World Reborn, timmer had his vote on SVS for only a couple minutes, but it allowed MM to nightkill him.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

HamburgerBoy wrote:In A World Reborn, timmer had his vote on SVS for only a couple minutes, but it allowed MM to nightkill him.
Really? That's ... not cool considering I didn't have that luxury in the very same game. But thanks for that.

You suck LC.
Tranq
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Tranq »

I've spent pretty much all of my free time playing The Binding of Isaac recently. Sorry. Rather than wasting a vote, i've decided to give my vote to Ricochet until i'm able to make informed decisions. Ricochet, my vote is yours. Who should i vote for?

Oh and don't Arya me :p
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Tranq wrote:until i'm able to make informed decisions.
Do you think it's realistic that you'll ever reach this point?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 211
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:"Tranq - good"

bro
When I have absolutely no clue, I default to good. I don't know how to have a clue about Tranq. Can it be done? Is it possible in this universe?
I'm pretty sure the answer to your questions is no. Even if Tranq were here and posting like 11tymillion times. I've played games with Tranq when we were both bad, when we were both civs, I've HAD both baddie AND civie bts with Tranq and I can't read that squirelly fuck any more now than I could when I started playing with him. He's either that good at mafia, I'm that bad at mafia or both. :sigh:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Tranq wrote:I've spent pretty much all of my free time playing The Binding of Isaac recently. Sorry. Rather than wasting a vote, i've decided to give my vote to Ricochet until i'm able to make informed decisions. Ricochet, my vote is yours. Who should i vote for?

Three votes receives and he finally speaks. :eye:

Oh, so the previous Day you didn't "waste your vote"? That was strategic and reasoned?

Just concede, baddie. That's what you should do.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:
Tranq wrote:I've spent pretty much all of my free time playing The Binding of Isaac recently. Sorry. Rather than wasting a vote, i've decided to give my vote to Ricochet until i'm able to make informed decisions. Ricochet, my vote is yours. Who should i vote for?

Three votes receives and he finally speaks. :eye:

Oh, so the previous Day you didn't "waste your vote"? That was strategic and reasoned?

Just concede, baddie. That's what you should do.
Agreed and him trying to hand his vote to you makes me feel like none of his team are your major suspects.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
juliets wrote:As i said in the beginning I don't know why you are so quick to call me bad when I feel like I'm giving you every opportunity I can to prove yourself not-bad. Maybe you could explain that to me since I answered your post.
I did "gun to head reads" on every player. All that means is that I made a quick gut judgment -- it's not a condemnation or a call to lynch you. Or a vote for you. I was more perturbed by your vote for me than I was of some others because I didn't expect it. Most of them were not surprising to me, but yours was. I wouldn't have anticipated you'd trust Mac enough to allow his unverified comments about my style as a player to be the deciding factor in your decision. Indeed, his comments were incorrect (the same incorrect comments he made in our last game together).

Mac is accustomed to a JJJ who plays at a maximum level of effort at all times and under all circumstances. Many others here saw that to a ridiculous extreme in the Talking Heads game. This has led to me being held to a higher standard of contribution than anyone else, and perhaps I deserve that, but it's just not reasonable. I said before the game started that I won't be posting that much. I made it clear early in the game that I'm not as invested in this game as I normally would be. I have to step back and chill out, because my conduct in Talking Heads was over the top and frankly obscene.

I knew people would suspect me, but I didn't anticipate quite this.

FWIW JJ - I don't expect maximum TH efforts at all times to see "civ JJ." That's an impossible standard to hold anyone too. I honestly could only play like that if I didn't work and if my hubby were out of town for like a month or however long the game lasted. My RL obligations will always come first. I don't expect anyone else to behave any differently.

For me, personally, at the end of the last cycle, where Mac's argument had weight was in content. Not volume. There were lots of posts before you *did* leave the thread then the bullz case, and given the curse, you have to admit the bullz ISO and gone looks kinda weak. IF another player besides yourself had done what you did, would you think they were civ? If you read your own posts and Epi's name, DH's name, LC's name, my name, blooper's name was the one attached to them, how would civ jj read them?

In hindsite, I can believe your claim that you had a one off kill protect. I've hosted with SVS before. More than once. I know the sorts of roles she likes and she's given that power to civs and baddies. Usually in the same game for the sake of balance. And that could explain why you were not reading as invested in *your own lynch* last phase as it came off to me. You knew you wouldn't die. Therefore you could say "I"m going to bed now." Just a short couple hours before the lynch results. IF you didn't think you would survive, I think you would have been there at the end of your lynch fighting. Baring a physical limitation to being there. If I were you, being lynched, only work would have kept me out of the thread.

The tl:dr (Just in case Tranq ever actually fucking plays again.)

I believe your role saved you. I am not sure if I believe that you are a civ. I hope you can understand why I'm sitting here unsure of if if you are civ or not. This is my Day 2. My mind isn't made up. And also - because it's day 2 for me, you are a bit doubly cursed. Your recent posts have read more like what I expect from you. The easy (your words not mine) gun to head etc. The things you yourself set up for "civ behavior" that I would have liked to have seen last cycle. And that lack of that was why my vote went to you. Now there's always a niggle of that feeling of "He's doing it cuz he was asked to."

BY all means, I don't want you to not talk or give up.

I'd honestly at this point, rather talk about anyone else but you. Just cuz we have time to explore other options and I'd like more than 2 day cycles to figure out what I think of you. And I felt like stating my thoughts on you was important to, at the very least, me. So I did.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 117

Post by Epignosis »

Ricochet wrote:

Elohcin loves BTSC. She wouldn't quit if she had it. She'd be in there talking about...kids and bedspreads or some shit.

FZ. is a alone.

You're welcome.
I can't confirm this, based on past experience. Then again, maybe I wasn't the right person for her to talk about that. :shrug:

Also, alone =/= civ. Are you saying there are no indy aligned players in this game?
Did I say FZ. was a civilian? I said that I agree with 3J that FZ. is my strongest candidate for being one, and that I disagreed with DharmaHelper for saying FZ. is mafia.
Unless the hosts are online and monitoring the thread at all times, there is no way to keep track of such a thing.
MacDougall wrote:I have no reason to doubt that his claim is true. There's no reason to lie about that imo. It doesn't make him any more civ looking. I don't think you looking at 2015 survival roles to check alignment will help because while some people claim that they have civ roles and are still civ, we have evidence of a civ role being bad in this game. We saw Duncan Idaho on the day 1 poll, JJJ didn't vote for that option, but he probably wouldn't have it was him either. Duncan was from a recent game, and he was a champion character and the way he worded his survival sounds like Duncan. I think he's Duncan. I don't think it necessarily makes him civ.
What if Duncan Idaho, when lynched or killed the first time, returns as a ghola? :eek:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 135

Post by S~V~S »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Yes, TH & I are in here 24/7 staring at the poll & constantly refreshing, our eyes held open by toothpicks. And caffeine, lots of caffeine. We saw all those votes, we see EVERYTHING :eye: :eye:

:haha:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Dom wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Except that's not at all what occured. You were likely to be lynched. Not two people, just you buddy. FZ actively participated in saving you by bussing onto someone she FULL ADMITTED she thought was being genuine. Civs do not bus other civs to save other civs. The math on that does not compute any way you try to spin it.
Except I absolutely do that all the time. So you're full of shit. :)

Not all civ reads are the same. Some are stronger.
You wouldn't choose someone else in that scenario? Like someone who you don't think is civ?
If it's late in the phase and only two people have enough votes to be realistic final choices, I will usually pick one of them -- even if I read both as civilians. I think it's usually pointless to defiantly vote for one's own pet suspect when that vote has no chance of amounting to an actual lynch. Townies need to have accountability and responsibility for moving the game as a team.
So you'd actively start a bandwagon against someone you read as civ as a civ?
I don't buy it.
You are purposefully misrepresenting my sentiments. I am not supposing someone might choose to vote someone they may think is civ over someone else they think is civ. I am supposing someone actively started a bandwagon and campaigned for their lynch.

Those are different things and you are purposefully conflating them.
Ricochet wrote:
Dom wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Any non-long-con player, your thoughts on what LC inquired.
I'm leaning civ ATM.
I ask about what LC inquired, you tell me what you think of LC himself.

Ok.
Ah... I thought it said thoughts on LC are inquired. :p

I don't think he's suspish for that.
thellama73 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Are you fucking kidding me right now.
This post from DH pings me a bit. For context, it was posted right after JJ was allowed to role claim and did so. To me it reads like DH had built his case counting on the fact that JJ wouldn't be able to be too specific about his role, and the hosts ruling threw a monkey wrench in his plans. Almost this exact thing has has happened to me before when I was bad: an unexpected host decision exposing the flimsy nature of my case. It's a small thing, but it caught my eye.
Except:
1) not his case
2) JJ's badness is not connected to this claim
3) case isn't flimsy

bro
this tbh
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

bro
When I have absolutely no clue, I default to good. I don't know how to have a clue about Tranq. Can it be done? Is it possible in this universe?
Have you read anyone's thoughts on Tranq?
I think dom makes a fair point in the underlined bits. That was the part I wanted to quote and highlight my most vocal agreement of. But, TBH, i like this post by him lots so I'm just leaving all of it. Also I can't be assed to try to detag all that and keep the formating right. Sorry. But the major reaon is cuz I agree with him :D

linki - I see I'm STILL behind. but crapweasle!!! if that's how svs runs games these days I might have to rethink stoners. :p
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dom's point is very poor. He asserts FZ campaigned for a LoRab lynch. She did nothing of the sort. She begrudgingly placed her vote after I pushed her in that direction.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm away for the day most likely. Voting for DharmaHelper.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:In which JJJ shows how FZ absolutely did not start the bandwagon on LoRab:
FZ. wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Golden wrote:I'd actually be ok seeing Sorsha or LoRab lynched.
I agree with 50% of this statement. Voting LoRab again.
I don't like this vote. Because you just ignored all discussion and just voted for someone else.
FZ. wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
FZ. wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I really have to go. I'm set for 6 hours of sleep if I can fall unconscious right... now.

Nope.

Anyway, I'm going to leave my vote on Boomslang. I've decided I prefer him over llama, and I think he's a more viable candidate right now than LoRab (I'd support her lynch too). I encourage y'all to continue having this productive discourse all the way to the final buzzer of the phase. Make EOD exciting, that's when people crack. :)

G'night folks. Beware shenanigans.
If Golden feels Boomslang is a civ, maybe we should switch to someone else? If you split your votes, you'll end up being lynched
LoRab?
After Sorsha's vote, maybe her?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
FZ. wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
FZ. wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I really have to go. I'm set for 6 hours of sleep if I can fall unconscious right... now.

Nope.

Anyway, I'm going to leave my vote on Boomslang. I've decided I prefer him over llama, and I think he's a more viable candidate right now than LoRab (I'd support her lynch too). I encourage y'all to continue having this productive discourse all the way to the final buzzer of the phase. Make EOD exciting, that's when people crack. :)

G'night folks. Beware shenanigans.
If Golden feels Boomslang is a civ, maybe we should switch to someone else? If you split your votes, you'll end up being lynched
LoRab?
After Sorsha's vote, maybe her?
Just the first in a wave of late drive-bys, I imagine. Doesn't really make me feel anything about Sorsha. I'll go LoRab. Okay really now, sleepy time.
FZ. wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Sorsha wrote:No i didnt. I've discussed things and I've discussed players up for vote right now. I've been suspicious of LoRab and I've stated why.
This is in response to fz
But right now there are 3 people who have votes. Do you have opinion on any of them? are you interested to see any of them lynched? If not, are you interested to save one of them that might be lynched of you keep your vote that way? Discussing before and discussing now, during the money time are two different things.

linki: Fine
The last linki was directed at me. She wanted to lynch Sorsha. I pushed her to LoRab. This case is bullcrap.
Ok. So you pushed her to vote lorab. Why lorab over her preference to Sorsha? Why as a civ, who knew he'd survive would you push her to vote someone she'd had better feelings over vs someone she actually suspected?

I'm legit asking why this is an acceptable civ behavior since you were a civ who knew he'd survive (again your words, not mine).

HEY FZ!!!!!!!!

I'm curious about what YOU think of this. Since in Death Note, you were actually a civ that had a lynch/kill protect and I remember your fight then.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

sounds made up
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Black Rock wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Black Rock wrote:I'm so behind. Life kicked my ass yesterday and I just got time to post this today.

I just wanted to say that I didn't miss the vote yesterday, I was unable to vote at all. I will do a big catch up after my three year old goes to bed, he's being a demanding... and is requiring I move away from the computer as I type this. Because he's being rude to mommy I think I will take my time.
Ok, so that's the late sig, Golden and BR being incapacitated so far - I don't remember Boomslang or LoRab having voted on 3.0 though. Is it possible to start correlating who might have wanted one less vote on the tally from these three players? Who do you think w/could have incapacitated you, BR?
I felt like the person who blocked my ability to vote was afraid I was going to vote for LoRab, I'm on the fence if it was a baddie power or a civvie one. I would have likely voted for JJ, but I'm not completely caught up so that may have changed.
So far from page 70-74, I am completely ok with a JJ lynch and would have for sure voted for him because it does look like a push for LoRab.

Not saying I don't suspect LoRab still. They are likely on two different teams.

I'm also ok with a Tranq lynch. I'm not going to give him a pass, by saying that's just Tranq. He's much more devious than that.

Golden, why do you feel so strongly about JJJ?
Oh god girl! so glad you showed to the party!!!

Also yes. yes and yes. And tranq? more yes.

Bitch hasn't even said nub to me yet. That in and of itself deserves a vote. :pout:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Why to both of these assertions.
No, no. I want to see if someone can work out why. It's quite simple really.

And vacuums use an air pump, specifically a centrifugal fan, which enables them to suck.
FZ wouldn't go through all that to save a baddie teammate who she knew wouldn't die anyway. She'd have voted him. I agree with you if I got it right. Still curious about my question to FZ. :)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

FZ. is a alone.

You're welcome.
a) it's my day 2
and b) I thought we weren't supposed to rely on your meta of your wife? I thought we (I mean you) were bored with that?
and c) I've had bts with Eloh. that's a fair point. We always have a grand time not playing mafia. :p
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Black Rock wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

FZ. is a alone.

You're welcome.
I'd kick you in the ass if I were your wife.
It's true though. :shrug:
So was what I said. :p
In this fight, the wives win. Just accept it Epi. Also, I'd completely kick your ass too. Remember how I was about the dishwasher? :p
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Turnip Head wrote:
sounds made up
:shrug:
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

FZ. is a alone.

You're welcome.
Ah yes, FZ is good because Elohcin is your wife.

Hang on a tick, did anyone else get deja vu just now?
I think his opinion is valid. All though I can think of one instance where she did have BTSC and quit. So it's not fool proof.
It is a fine opinion. I would just prefer something remotely tangible or thread related.
Why?
Because basing a person's guilt or innocence on another persons willingness to talk outside of the thread about laundry is almost as dumb as me having to type this out.
also there is one one one only one bit of meta that MIGHT make me think twice about tranq. And I don't live with him. I don't claim he is my one true love and I know him better than anyone else. That person is BDH.

But I know this one thing about tranq.

He hates to be bored.

So either he's a civ with a nilla role card and he can't get into the game, he's busy, or he's playing possum cuz he's bad.

either way, i'm half drunk and half commited to voting him till he says hi to me and remembers he's playing a CHAMPIONS game and might be out played by the queen nub. :p
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Dom wrote:
Boomslang wrote:

I think LoRab put the context quite nicely, regardless of alignment.

i agree. Tbh - suspish is shorthand from LP and TP and I even saw it on and used it on rev often. Fuck, I used that shit on HV.

I use it mostly because i can't be assed to type it all out. :P
IF BR or LC or JC disagree, but I'm willing to back up both lorab and dom that it was common usage in our old forums even if dom hasn't often used it here.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”