Thomas the Tank Engine [Night 9]

Moderator: Community Team

What winter activity should the passengers take part in?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:20 pm

Ice skating
No votes
Tubing
No votes
Snowboarding
No votes
Skiing
14%
Sledding
29%
Moving the Island (Host, etc.)
57%

Total votes: 7
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 210

Re: Thomas the Tank Engine [Day 2]

Post by Snow Dog »

reywaS wrote:I don't have a real strong feeling on anyone yet. And I don't feel anything strong towards llama or DP. I'm voting Snow Dog. While reading through the posts today, the only person I felt any kind of off vibes about was him. It's not anything major, but it's all I have for today.
You seem to have a "thing" for me! :ohyeah:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 12
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Hmmm. Well this definitely made Day 2 a lot more interesting, and in my opinion has given us a lot more leads than we had before. If you do die, thanks for that llama. I'm still not sure if your plan was brilliant or boneheaded.

My question to you if you manage to answer is: why single out DP for your plan? If I'm understanding correctly, you had no more reason to believe DP was bad than anyone else. He almost got killed, too, which would have given us much less info than you dying on purpose and would have turned out really bad if he was civ.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 95

Post by Nevinera »

thellama73 wrote:Now that all the votes have been cast, I can reveal the patented "Llama Gambit."

Knowing that most of the time baddies try to act helpful and logical to blend in with the civvies, I decided to act crazy and illogical. A baddie would have to be nuts to act the way I've been acting, and I was counting on the civs realizing that. Therefore, civs would be unlikely to vote for me, but baddies would see an opportunity. They could vote for a civ and when my affiliation is revealed excuse themselevs by saying "well, he was acting really crazy."

However, by revealing my strategy in the thread, one of two things will happen: Either I get lynched, in which case the civvies have good info on who the baddies are based on who voted for me, or I survive and still have good info based on the votes for me. Either way, my team is aided substantially towards victory.

This is the "Llama Gambit." I hope you are sa impressed with it as I was when I came up with it.
An interesting tactic, and you certainly sparked some complications..
But I don't think your conclusion is particularly valid, especially since you (rightly) encouraged everyone to focus their votes together. You gave civs a pretty compelling reason to vote for you too. A *civ* would have to be nuts to act the way you've been acting as well, unless he was in some fairly specific circumstances.

I still generally think you're both a civ and somewhat lying about your plan though.
Or at least your intent to martyr yourself for it :-)
There is a lynch redirect lying around out there, so someone could still save you
without affecting the validity of the information you've gathered for us, right?
A Thomas vote for DP would present the same way.

And there is still that one character that would just shrug it off..
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

While Llama appears to be noble it is only a good strategy if you don't actually want to continue playing. So didn't you want to play anymore llama old buddy?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Bullzeye »

Snow Dog wrote:While Llama appears to be noble it is only a good strategy if you don't actually want to continue playing. So didn't you want to play anymore llama old buddy?
That's what I don't get about the whole thing. Either he wants out, knows he won't be lynched, is a civvie who made a mistake and is trying to cover it up as intentional, or he's a baddie trying to cause confusion. I'm not even sure which I think is most likely.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Bullzeye wrote: That's what I don't get about the whole thing. Either he wants out, knows he won't be lynched, is a civvie who made a mistake and is trying to cover it up as intentional, or he's a baddie trying to cause confusion. I'm not even sure which I think is most likely.
There's no way he's stupid enough to try this as a baddie.
He had to know it would get him lynched, and this is far enough out there to rule out 'mistake' I think.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 75

Re: Thomas the Tank Engine [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Who scrapped S~V~S?

Poll ended at Wed May 29, 2013 10:39 pm

A Person
No votes

Andrew
No votes

birdwithteeth11
No votes

Bullzeye
Russtifinko (8)
5%

DharmaHelper
No votes

DisgruntledPorcupine
thellama73 (3), McViper (10), Hedgeowl (14), Nevinera (16)
20%

Lizzy
No votes

Hedgeowl
Snow Dog (11)
5%

Krissy
No votes

McViper
DisgruntledPorcupine (12), Simon (20)*****
10%

Mongoose
No votes

Nevinera
DharmaHelper (5)
5%

reywaS
No votes

Russtifinko
No votes

Simon
No votes

Snow Dog
Mongoose (7), reywaS (19)
10%

thellama73
Lizzy (6), Andrew (9), Bullzeye (13), birdwithteeth11 (17), A Person (18)
25%

The Others (Host, etc.)
Epignosis (1), Grutfud Orangesprite (2), MovingPictures07 (4), S~V~S (15)
20%

Total votes : 20

*****Simon's vote was in fact for Lizzy*****

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 53

Post by thellama73 »

Bullzeye wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:While Llama appears to be noble it is only a good strategy if you don't actually want to continue playing. So didn't you want to play anymore llama old buddy?
That's what I don't get about the whole thing. Either he wants out, knows he won't be lynched, is a civvie who made a mistake and is trying to cover it up as intentional, or he's a baddie trying to cause confusion. I'm not even sure which I think is most likely.
I do want to kep playing and I hope I am not lynched, but more than that, I want my team to win, so it is worth it to me.

I am an experimental player, and while it would have been easy to play slow and logically, carefully deflecting suspicion away from myself and seeking out baddies, I found trying a different approach more fun. My vote for DP was a blind. It might as well have been anyone. It was designed to look irrational for the purposes of my plan. Perhaps I did err in urging vote consolidation, but I did not anticipate so many people following my vote. I thought Nev was most likely to be lynched behind myself, honestly.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 has been decommissioned. He was Sir Handel.

It is now Night 2. You have 24 hours to send in your PMs.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Night 2

The Island of Sodor is preparing for Sodor Day. Cranky the crane is cross because he never gets to attend any parties with The Others on the island. Despite his gruff nature, Cranky always keeps things moving at Brendam Docks. He often works with Harold, a good hearted helicopter who brings supplies to the island from the mainland.

Today, Harold is trying to figure out how many boxes of balloons the event planners will need for the Sodor Day celebrations, but no one is there to give him advice, and Cranky is too cross to tell him. The pilot, Frank, warns him not to take too many because Harold has a fuel leakage.

How many boxes of balloons should Harold take?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 53

Re: Thomas the Tank Engine [Night 2]

Post by thellama73 »

What a world, what a world! Avenge me, friends!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Nooooo! RIP llama and thank you for your noble sacrifice. You will be avenged sir! :knight3:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Epignosis wrote:thellama73 has been decommissioned. He was Sir Handel.
That is definitely not who I thought he was :-\
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm gonna say 16 for this poll, it's neither too many nor too few, so Harold won't be troubled by his fuel leakage and everyone will get some balloons! I may have overthought that.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 20

Post by reywaS »

I picked 15 because it was Sawyer's number. :D
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
McViper
Posts in topic: 97

Post by McViper »

See what you people have done to poor Llama? Another goodie off the tracks!
McViper

Post by McViper »

Nevinera wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: That's what I don't get about the whole thing. Either he wants out, knows he won't be lynched, is a civvie who made a mistake and is trying to cover it up as intentional, or he's a baddie trying to cause confusion. I'm not even sure which I think is most likely.
There's no way he's stupid enough to try this as a baddie.
He had to know it would get him lynched, and this is far enough out there to rule out 'mistake' I think.
Llama has played this enough to not be stupid, I think he was just trying a different strategy to make it more interesting. I shall miss him.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I think 16 should be sufficient for a party. I can't see how 1 extra balloon would be too many, so 15 seems pointless.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

I picked 23. I didn't choose 42 (sorry Adams fans) because it seemed too big and the other options seemed too small. Plus, it was Michael Jordan's number (and also my number when I played soccer).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:What a world, what a world! Avenge me, friends!
Tragic! Gone before your time.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Russtifinko wrote:My question to you if you manage to answer is: why single out DP for your plan? If I'm understanding correctly, you had no more reason to believe DP was bad than anyone else. He almost got killed, too, which would have given us much less info than you dying on purpose and would have turned out really bad if he was civ.
He might have been playing on the fact he usually seems to find me bad. :p
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 38

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I pick 16.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nevinera wrote:I think 16 should be sufficient for a party. I can't see how 1 extra balloon would be too many, so 15 seems pointless.
It is boxes. So it's an extra box of balloons. I don't know how heavy it is of course.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 45

Post by DharmaHelper »

So as I tried to say earlier I think there is a baddie in the Snow Dog/Neverina back and forth.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

DharmaHelper wrote:So as I tried to say earlier I think there is a baddie in the Snow Dog/Neverina back and forth.
I don't know, I kind of thought he was just irritated with me for the ending of the Twin Peaks game. (Sorry again!)
I'm keeping an eye on him, but I still like McViper or Bullzeye better.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nevinera wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:So as I tried to say earlier I think there is a baddie in the Snow Dog/Neverina back and forth.
I don't know, I kind of thought he was just irritated with me for the ending of the Twin Peaks game. (Sorry again!)
I don't think either of us are baddie. And the TP game is all in the past and has no bearing on this game I promise. :)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Snow Dog wrote: I don't think either of us are baddie. And the TP game is all in the past and has no bearing on this game I promise. :)
I still feel awful about that. I really wish I'd gone with my original plan and abstained :-\
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Snow Dog wrote:
Nevinera wrote:I think 16 should be sufficient for a party. I can't see how 1 extra balloon would be too many, so 15 seems pointless.
It is boxes. So it's an extra box of balloons. I don't know how heavy it is of course.
How heavy can a box of balloons even be? You'd need hundreds of balloons before they start getting too heavy to carry.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
How heavy can a box of balloons even be? You'd need hundreds of balloons before they start getting too heavy to carry.
I'm betting there are a lot of balloons in one box. The box is probably quite heavy on it's own though. I'm thinking big crate size like. ;)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Bullzeye wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Well I totally missed that it was whole boxes. Though in retrospect it seems rather obvious that you wouldn't ship 16 individual ballons by train.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nevinera wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Well I totally missed that it was whole boxes. Though in retrospect it seems rather obvious that you wouldn't ship 16 individual ballons by train.
Yeah......imagine that. :haha:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Nevinera wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
A sensible person wouldn't. I might, if I were feeling particularly bored and had a small fleet of trains at my disposal with nothing better to do :p (I imagine the balloons would be inflated and tied to the roof of the train).
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

@Nev your whole "I'm not claiming to be a narrow gauge guy, so don't bother NKing me baddies! And also if someone could protect me that would be swell!" post rang as not genuine to me.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:
Nevinera wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
A sensible person wouldn't. I might, if I were feeling particularly bored and had a small fleet of trains at my disposal with nothing better to do :p (I imagine the balloons would be inflated and tied to the roof of the train).
How sweet.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Not "not genuine" in the sense that I think you might actually be a narrow gauge train, but not genuine in the sense that it read to me as a not so clever way of implying civiehood on your part.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 12
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

I'll go with 23. I'm hoping the boxes are filled with inflated balloons and thus will help him float safely home if he runs out of fuel.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Also I went with eight boxes because it's not too much, and yet not too few.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

DharmaHelper wrote:@Nev your whole "I'm not claiming to be a narrow gauge guy, so don't bother NKing me baddies! And also if someone could protect me that would be swell!" post rang as not genuine to me.

Not "not genuine" in the sense that I think you might actually be a narrow gauge train, but not genuine in the sense that it read to me as a not so clever way of implying civiehood on your part.
I'm sorry?
It *was* genuine, in the sense that I thought that both the logic was relevant and that communicating it would get me killed.

I don't feel a need to 'imply' civ-ness; I've never even really felt a need to *state* civ-ness. Which has gotten me lynched before. To my mind, there's no point in communicating information that people will simply ignore - everyone in the game is claiming to be a civ, so doing so myself shouldn't be necessary.

But I *am* fairly clever (ask anyone), and I generally try to avoid not-so-clever actions. Like bringing myself to everyone's attention immediately, just so I can 'imply' that I'm a civ.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Well what I mean is it read as a statement you made assuming everyone is just supposed to accept you're a civvie.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

I am going with 15 because even one box more can be too much.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

DharmaHelper wrote:Well what I mean is it read as a statement you made assuming everyone is just supposed to accept you're a civvie.
God I wish. The only game I've survived long in is the one where I (roughly speaking) pretended to *not* be a civvie :-\
I apparently talk like an evil mastermind or something; experienced players in every game I'm in are all 'pinged by my playstyle'. I think they're getting used to it a little or something, since I haven't been lynched yet. I was kind of hoping that would eventually happen.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Lizzy »

Now I feel awful! But darn it, Llama! ...experimenting when there are so many newbies. :\

Also, do these polls actually do something? I guess I'll go with 15 because it's closest to the mean of the first 5 options.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Lizzy wrote:Now I feel awful! But darn it, Llama! ...experimenting when there are so many newbies. :\

Also, do these polls actually do something? I guess I'll go with 15 because it's closest to the mean of the first 5 options.
They do something, yes. I had an outcome from the first one and not the last one. Mildly beneficial, no info.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Lizzy »

Nevinera wrote:
Lizzy wrote:Now I feel awful! But darn it, Llama! ...experimenting when there are so many newbies. :\

They do something, yes. I had an outcome from the first one and not the last one. Mildly beneficial, no info.
Oh! I had no idea. It's really frustrating when you are absolutely clueless of what's going on around you, but there are others who seem to know more than the rest of us. And at the end of the day you still vote at random, even though you're desperately trying to look for clues in what people are saying or how they are voting. :\
McViper

Post by McViper »

Nevinera wrote:

Not me. I am an honest hard working train
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 20

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

RIP Llama! It seems I was completely wrong about you! :(

I'm going with 15 boxes. I don't see much of a difference between 15 and 16, so if there's 1 less box I have to carry, that could save me in the long run on transportation costs and possibly other fees.

No, that's not a nerdy response. What are you talking about? <_<
McViper

Post by McViper »

Well, who knows what the outcome of this or any other vote is? Not me.
I'll go with 16 because it is the day of the month that my birthday is on.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

McViper wrote:Well, who knows what the outcome of this or any other vote is? Not me.
I'll go with 16 because it is the day of the month that my birthday is on.
I think you are one of my favourite new players. Glad to have you along for the ride. Now I must kill you.

Only kidding. :D
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 36

YO SUP ERRBODY

Post by A Person »

I think it depends on how big the boxes are and how many balloons are in one.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”