Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 13

Moderator: Community Team

Have you cleaned up your sock account and returned it unharmed to your Hosts?

Yes
75%
No, not yet but will soon
No votes
Nope cuz we hosted/Bea/Roxy/Ser Sockinthestone
25%

Total votes: 16
Sockys2023
The Mark
Posts in topic: 67

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 10

Post by Sockys2023 »

Carmen
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

DharmaHelper wrote:

:yay: :fiesta: :yay:
well look at that! You taught me to throw stars too!!!! :D
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Perd Hapley »

carmen
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by NurseWilgy »

bea wrote:6) Yoko Ono (I personally still think she got more blame for that one than she deserved.)
:srsnod:
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 98

Post by Gunther »

Carmen

Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Carmen
Management
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 104

Post by Spooky Ghost »

*Carmen*
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Snapshot »

Carmen
Reporting
Roxy
Hitman
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Lyel Lambboat wrote:
bea wrote:6) Yoko Ono (I personally still think she got more blame for that one than she deserved.)
:WTF: :haha:
;)
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Roxy wrote:
Lyel Lambboat wrote:
:WTF: :haha:

This is a debate I will take till the cows come home. Yoko didn't break up The Beatles. The Beatles broke up The Beatles. To give that kind of power to Yoko both over estimates her reach and under estimates theirs. :noble:

John was not some fool who was bewitched. He was a flawed man who found a woman who loved him flaws and all. The band would have broken up when it did with or without her. (see wot I did dere?) I find it ironic that NOBODY ever says Linda broke up the band. Maybe when Paul married her - that's when he got delusions of grandeur - Maybe that's why he was the first of them to put out a solo album? Because his ever loving wife said "You're better than this...."

No - Paul and Linda are the love story of The Beatles' Mythology and it's all that "awful Yoko's fault" It's poppycock I say.
John was never lead by anyone. He treated Yoko just as crappily as he treated everyone. He tried a bit harder with her and Sean at least he was more repentant when he hurt them than he was with Cynthia and Jullian. But it doesn't mean she is a witch woman who blinded him. It just means that right then he *finally* started to grow up some. And it's unfortunate that her vocal stylings are not popular with Americans. (I admit - I'm not the biggest fan ever of her vocal stylings - but I won't give her the "you broke up the Beatles" medal just because I don't think she can carry a tune ;) ) /rant

discuss at your leisure. :D

Oh - also - the 5th Beatle - GEORGE MARTIN. I am so right and everyone else is wrong. :nod:

also - by your laughing Rox - Methinks you might agree - but I've been at my cups and since Rinefew is dead my wine stock is again all mine - I'll just say - I like a drunken challenge!!!! :D
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Anchorete Playfulure wrote:Carmen

also - if only it were that easy - though I do have to admit - I wonder what the double fantasy album cover via the Taliban would look like.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 184

Post by Ned Flanders »

carmen
Assault
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Finally, but now what?

Once upon a time a miller lies to a king, telling him that his daughter can spin straw into gold. The king calls for the girl, shuts her in a tower room filled with straw and a spinning wheel, and demands that she spin the straw into gold by morning or he will cut off her head. She has given up all hope when an imp-like creature appears in the room and spins the straw into gold for her in return for her necklace.

When the king takes the girl on the next morning to a larger room filled with straw to repeat the feat, the imp spins in return for the girl's ring.

On the third day, when the girl has been taken to an even larger room filled with straw and told by the king that he will marry her if she can fill this room with gold or kill her if she cannot, the girl has nothing left with which to pay the strange creature. He extracts from her a promise that her firstborn child will be given to him, and spins the room full of gold a final time.

The king keeps his promise to marry the miller's daughter, but when their first child is born, the imp returns to claim his payment: "Now give me what you promised." The now-queen offers him all the wealth she has if she may keep the child. The imp has no interest in her riches, but finally consents to give up his claim to the child if the queen is able to guess his name within three days. Her many guesses over the first two days fail, but before the final night, her messenger (though he does not know the significance of his mission) comes across the imp's remote mountain cottage and watches, unseen, as the imp hops about his fire and sings. In his song's lyrics, he reveals his name.

When the imp comes to the queen on the third day and she, after first feigning ignorance, reveals his true name, Rumpelstiltskin, he loses his temper, his bargain and in his rage drove his right foot so far into the ground that it sank in up to his waist; then in a passion he seized the left foot with both hands and tore himself in two. Or herself b/c ya know Carmen is a girl.

Carmen has been lynched she was Rumpelstiltskin the Big Bad Baddies are all deaded. :mafia:

Thanks for playing so awesomely Carmen!

It is now Night 10 do your thang! :feb:
;)
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Night 10

Post by Perd Hapley »

Yay! But does that mean her team was not eliminated?
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Grutfud Orangesprite wrote:Yay! But does that mean her team was not eliminated?
It says something in the post about that <3
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Gaming Time!

Please caption the following picture or create your own Hed about it. Top 2 win something :dance:

;)
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Epignosis »

May I? :D
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 112

Post by Golf »

Hooray! BIH Carmen. Now I guess we just have to find the Wicked Ones, and maybe Snow White and Rose Red. I'm unsure if we can win with them or not.
Fractal
sprityo
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Fane Winebattle wrote:Hooray! BIH Carmen. Now I guess we just have to find the Wicked Ones, and maybe Snow White and Rose Red. I'm unsure if we can win with them or not.
Interesting point I hadn't thought of regarding sw and rr win conditions. But if they are sks most likely they are last men standing...
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

I think I will drink the potion. Glory to the brave, right?
Fractal
sprityo
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

My mafia mentor taught me never to take something unknown. So I'm trashing it.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Come to think of it, we haven't seen a second NK from the SKs for a while now have we? Last night there was no kill at all. Is it possible Snow White and Rose Red are already dead?
Fractal
sprityo
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

I think we would have been notified if they were eliminated. Unless I missed that too...
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Oh that's right. I forgot about that. In that case, I think it indicates that we should be looking for less active players, unmotivated to send in night kill PMs, don't you? I feel like they've been lurking in the shadows and picking us off like sitting ducks.
Fractal
sprityo
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

I'm throwing that shit out, who knows what it is?

Bye Carmen, you did an awesome job of staying alive so long, and were fun to play with :)

Burn in Hell Rumple :fishslap:

And I doubt SW/RR are dead, and I don't see any win conditions for anyone, so I am guessing they have to kill us, and we have to kill them.

It will be nice talking in the day again :)
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

No one has voted to give it away so I will toss a vote there.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Epignosis wrote:May I? :D
Yes if you would like :)
;)
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Woohoo! :lorab: It'll be nice to be able to talk whenever we want again. Though I'd say we did pretty darn well even with our silent days. :D One team down, that feels great!

I'll review the roles, but I'd also like to ask, because I looked yesterday and didn't see them...

@ our most excellent hostesses - What are the win conditions?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Oh, on the night poll, I'll vote give it away. I sure ain't gonna drink it, and if I see someone I think is evol I'd probably be tempted to give it to them - cuz that's just how I roll! :srsnod:
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 0

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Sorry for the triple post, I just got home and have a bit before I pass out into my bed.
Roxy wrote: Lyel Lambboat - NKed Night 8 by The Free Thinkers

Bac Wunderelin - NK'ed Night 5 by The Free Thinkers

Ameerah Frolicstag - NK'ed (Night 6) by The Free Thinkers

Etain Royalskull - NK'ed Night 5 by The Wicked Ones

*Rhinfrew Flowingrass NK'ed (Night 6) by The Wicked Ones

So, we still apparently have The Free Thinkers (Snow White & Rose Red) to deal with - or at least 1 of them. It doesn't say when they kill on their roles (that I can see) but their last kill was Night 8 and we are now on Night 10. They have killed on both even and odd nights. (But that could be some of that host error Roxy apologized for, because The Wicked Ones have killed on odd & even nights as well, as you'll notice.)

Also we apparently have The Wicked Ones to deal with still (or at least 1 of them). Their last kill was Night 6. In both cases, however, the lack of a NK doesn't necessarily mean they didn't try. They could have been blocked, or their target protected. (I'm also assuming there is some of that host error in there that Roxy mentioned, because one of their NKs was on an odd night rather than even.)

I just organized this in hopes that it might help narrow things down, especially for anyone keeping a SS this go 'round. (Not me :( I am usually disorganized when I sub into a game, and this one is no exception.) In looking at this, I'm not sure if going with an inactive player is wise or not, truly - because they have both had kills go through on many nights.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Thanks for posting those killing, Izett. I guess I haven't been very good at keeping track of them. So at the very least we have two baddies left to kill, probably more. I've asked twice, but still no one has been willing to give an opinion of Shand which makes me suspect him, and I feel like Eurolyn has been acting a bit strange. I will have to do a little more rereading before the day period, but I welcome anyone else's thoughts.
Fractal
sprityo
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

TBH, I forgot there was a kill on Night 8 as well, I barely recalled Lyel being alive, lol, much less dead. I hope he has the time to stop in and share with us over the next few days :)

And yeah, I reread Euro last night, and she has a few awesome posts and then filler, so not sure what to think of her. Shand has me a bit more curious as he started off strong, and has faded from view which piques my curiosity about him. Rounding out the "?" file is Fane. Having replaced in myself and read the thread as a whole, I can see how Fane1.0 was very suspicious, but he seemed less so after he replaced, so I am not sure if I am seeing the player or the role. I have to reread him next. As for Miyuki, I saw something in her posts that has given me pause, especially after comparing her in my mind to people I know who play a similar game. I still don't love the role hint push, BUT the alleged hinter did turn up bad, and her whole team is dead, so there is no nefarious intent in it that I can see, so I think I may have been mistaken there.

If any of Orange, Izett or Deirdre are bad, they are really good at it as I can see no reason to think they are.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

I wish there was an option to save it for a rainy day, but since there isn't, I'll give it away.
Assault
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROXY!! :yay: :wine: :DJ: :sax:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 34

Post by NurseWilgy »

BIH Carmen! Glad at least one baddie team is gone now!

I wish I could save the potion as well, so I had a bit more time to decide on it. I guess I'll give it away to someone else instead.

As for inactive players, somehow I doubt the remaining baddies aren't sitting around, not posting, and twiddling their thumbs. I'm thinking we probably need at least 2-3 more baddies lynched before we can be assured of a civ victory.

I will be taking a look at Euro as well once day rolls around.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

I believe the night should be over so I feel a bit safer talking right now. I think it is interesting that three people have been bringing me up all at the same time. One of which was rezzed in what I would bet was likely an attempt to rebalance for a team after a host mistake. Another of which has already had what appeared to be a slip up that may have indicated his having BTSC which I have been talking about from the start. I doubt these three talking about me now at the same time are a coincidence. It just confirms to me what I have already suspected. How am I blendy when all along I have been talking about Fane when no one else has? How is it blendy that I have gone along with the Carmen lynch because I believed her to be on Rumple's team? I think you need to take a look at those who are coming after me and ask yourself why now all of a sudden are three people coming at me at once? I will likely be voting for Fane in the next lynch poll because I believe wholeheartedly that he is bad.
Roxy
Hitman

Re: Grimm's Polls

Post by Roxy »

Oh look a magic potion do I

Poll ended at Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:10 pm

Drink it
Fane Winebattle (3), Dierdre Wonderbird (9), Shand Azureye (11) 23%
Give it away
Eurolyvn Blissfulone (7), Izett Cruelsinger (8), Miyuki Lovelymoth (12), Lyel Lambboat (13) 31%
Trash it
Grutfud Orangesprite (4), Anchorete Playfulure (5) 15%
Give it to Ser Sockinabox/ Hosts/ Deaded/ Nons
MovingPictures07 (1), Roxy (2), bea (6), Ameerah Frolicstag (10) 31%
 Total votes : 13
;)
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Euro, I brought up everybody in my post, not just you.

I think it is very possible that Fane is bad; I included him in my "Possibly Bad" section, along with you and Shand (and the super silent Lyel).

And if we lynch Fane, and he comes up bad, that will not clear anyone else from being bad as we also have a Serial Killer team with "secret" powers. And in many, many games that I have played, Serial Killer teams often have recruits. So :shrug:

Do you have any opinions on anyone other than Fane?
Roxy
Hitman

Re: Grimm's Fairy Tale Mafia - Day 11

Post by Roxy »

Short - yes, but very sweet

Once upon a time there was a night that led into a day. Everyone slept so soundly.

There were no deaths only snoring.

It is now Day 11.

Sorry about this short post but I am still celebrating my birthday :dance:
;)
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Perd Hapley »

Eurolyvn Blissfulone wrote:I believe the night should be over so I feel a bit safer talking right now. I think it is interesting that three people have been bringing me up all at the same time. One of which was rezzed in what I would bet was likely an attempt to rebalance for a team after a host mistake. Another of which has already had what appeared to be a slip up that may have indicated his having BTSC which I have been talking about from the start. I doubt these three talking about me now at the same time are a coincidence. It just confirms to me what I have already suspected. How am I blendy when all along I have been talking about Fane when no one else has? How is it blendy that I have gone along with the Carmen lynch because I believed her to be on Rumple's team? I think you need to take a look at those who are coming after me and ask yourself why now all of a sudden are three people coming at me at once? I will likely be voting for Fane in the next lynch poll because I believe wholeheartedly that he is bad.
I think that rezz is as dirty as a $3 wh...well I think its filthy. Why would anyone rezz Lyle unless he was bad? I can't think of any good reason. I have no idea which team he is one but I'd sure bet he's on one of them.

You were brave to say it before the post went up. I was itching to do it, but I'm a coward. :blush:
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

juliets wrote:HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROXY!! :yay: :wine: :DJ: :sax:
Aww Thank you so much Juliets! <3 :hugs: :wine: :coffee2:
;)
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

I think I missed this post from Izett-
Also we apparently have The Wicked Ones to deal with still (or at least 1 of them). Their last kill was Night 6. In both cases, however, the lack of a NK doesn't necessarily mean they didn't try. They could have been blocked, or their target protected. (I'm also assuming there is some of that host error in there that Roxy mentioned, because one of their NKs was on an odd night rather than even.)
The wicked team did attempt a kill on night 8. You only have my word for it, but for the sake of people figuring things out, (like roles and such), they did attempt a kill. Luckily for me, I like contests. :biggrin:
Assault
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Anchorete Playfulure wrote:Euro, I brought up everybody in my post, not just you.

I think it is very possible that Fane is bad; I included him in my "Possibly Bad" section, along with you and Shand (and the super silent Lyel).

And if we lynch Fane, and he comes up bad, that will not clear anyone else from being bad as we also have a Serial Killer team with "secret" powers. And in many, many games that I have played, Serial Killer teams often have recruits. So :shrug:

Do you have any opinions on anyone other than Fane?
I have lost this post twice, so I am going to try splitting it up into small segments so I am less likely to lose it.

I will first answer as to why I suspect you. First you seem to have either stolen Rumple's power or knew someone did. Either way I can't see a civ reason for you to then come into the thread and try to rouse conversation with some rather heated statements. Then I see you, one of the three trying to come after me out of the blue at the same time. It just strikes me as really off, but even if I dismiss the thing about you being one of those three, I still have the first reason to suspect you. If you can explain it to me, I would be glad to hear what was going on that day.

I already have explained my suspicion of Fane more than once, so I won't do that again.

Lyel is based entirely on the fact I do not think his rezz was A Civ one and he is again one of three people who suddenly started seeming to come after me at the same time.

More to come.
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Izzett, Diedre, Orangesprite have all remained neutral in my mind. By that I just mean, I have not felt particularly one way or another about them. I do think Diedre looking out for us as far as the day Queran had a posting curse was good, but someone on another team may have done the same thing, so I can't really say it makes me feel confident they are civ.

Shand. I honestly have felt civ from him all game, but now that we are in end game it is worrying me that I don't have a solid reason for feeling that way aside that he has been helpful. Even baddies can be helpful.

I think that covers everyone.

Right now I would be most willing to place a vote on Fane, Lyel or Anchorete. Probably in that order. But I really do want to hear back about some of this stuff and I also want to hear some thoughs on the people who have made no impression on me either way.
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Oh,I skipped miyuki. During the back and forth with anchorete the one thing that pinged me was her offer to be the back up if Carmen failed and replace a vote on herself. I found that weird and something about it felt off. Other than that nothing stood out as suspect in my mind, but I have a niggling doubt about her.
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

EBWOP: replace should be place.

Also, I guess what I was trying to say about Miyuki is I could see her as a possible SK, but not so likely to be on a Baddie team. That is kind of my over all doubt about her. But even that I don't know for sure.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote: The wicked team did attempt a kill on night 8. You only have my word for it, but for the sake of people figuring things out, (like roles and such), they did attempt a kill. Luckily for me, I like contests. :biggrin:
The Wicked Ones also attempted a kill on Night 10. Luckily, it did not go through. ;) They're still very much out there and active. (Or at least 1 of them.)

Eurolyvn Blissfulone wrote: Right now I would be most willing to place a vote on Fane, Lyel or Anchorete. Probably in that order. But I really do want to hear back about some of this stuff and I also want to hear some thoughs on the people who have made no impression on me either way.
Euro, I agree on those 3 names. I'm not sure if I agree with the order though. I actually might be more keen to go for Anchorete first. But I'm saying this pre-reread on any of them. I have a little work to finish up, and then I'll try to get some rereads in. We're definitely gonna need to talk this one out and do it together though, there's no denying that.

Linki.
Sockys2023
The Mark

Post by Sockys2023 »

Agreed.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Izett Cruelsinger wrote:
Miyuki Lovelymoth wrote: The wicked team did attempt a kill on night 8. You only have my word for it, but for the sake of people figuring things out, (like roles and such), they did attempt a kill. Luckily for me, I like contests. :biggrin:
The Wicked Ones also attempted a kill on Night 10. Luckily, it did not go through. ;) They're still very much out there and active. (Or at least 1 of them.)

Eurolyvn Blissfulone wrote: Right now I would be most willing to place a vote on Fane, Lyel or Anchorete. Probably in that order. But I really do want to hear back about some of this stuff and I also want to hear some thoughs on the people who have made no impression on me either way.
Euro, I agree on those 3 names. I'm not sure if I agree with the order though. I actually might be more keen to go for Anchorete first. But I'm saying this pre-reread on any of them. I have a little work to finish up, and then I'll try to get some rereads in. We're definitely gonna need to talk this one out and do it together though, there's no denying that.

Linki.
Is it anything you're allowed to say in the thread? Or was it the mention of the potential recruit?

Return to “Previous Jobs”