80%

Total votes: 20
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 225

Re: Day 6 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by DrWilgy »

Ricochet wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:So... MM is an independent... Last time I was "indy" I rode to end game and won as mafia... But marmot is my friend. I will not vote for him.
You seem to be riding along the phases now as well. What does that make you, this time?
Someone who has too much homework due tonight :P luckily I'll have tomorrow to take a coporeal form.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Post by Ricochet »

DrWilgy wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:So... MM is an independent... Last time I was "indy" I rode to end game and won as mafia... But marmot is my friend. I will not vote for him.
You seem to be riding along the phases now as well. What does that make you, this time?
Someone who has too much homework due tonight :P luckily I'll have tomorrow to take a coporeal form.
Phases, as in plural, my man. Like, 7 of them Day ones.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 236

Post by Draconus »

Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hey Ricochet, when does the show start?

Also, I'm thinking about doing a Undertale Mafia.
No idea, I blew my weekend up.

Me too.
Long Con wrote:Ok, I'll add the fruit thing to my Ignore List.
Right, because Shinigami being imported is ignorable, but Tricksters pitting David Bowie next to shitty pop in order to bait votes and mafia revealing their own roles on purpose have to be right.
So do you think that night poll was manufactured by a player? Do we know anything about position 4? I think it was the 4th choice... can't remember now.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Draconus wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hey Ricochet, when does the show start?

Also, I'm thinking about doing a Undertale Mafia.
No idea, I blew my weekend up.

Me too.
Long Con wrote:Ok, I'll add the fruit thing to my Ignore List.
Right, because Shinigami being imported is ignorable, but Tricksters pitting David Bowie next to shitty pop in order to bait votes and mafia revealing their own roles on purpose have to be right.
So do you think that night poll was manufactured by a player? Do we know anything about position 4? I think it was the 4th choice... can't remember now.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Throw me a bone here. I've been sick for 4 days now.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Well:

-- zebra was a position 4 baddie
-- during the last two polls, some have stipulated that position 4 is the safest position we can bank our votes on, because there's either one less baddie with position 4 powers or no baddie left with them
-- last Night's poll had Bowie as the most popular option smack on position 4
-- I'll let LC tell you his Trickster theories and such, though, he knows them best
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Ricochet wrote:Well:

-- zebra was a position 4 baddie
-- during the last two polls, some have stipulated that position 4 is the safest position we can bank our votes on, because there's either one less baddie with position 4 powers or no baddie left with them
-- last Night's poll had Bowie as the most popular option smack on position 4
-- I'll let LC tell you his Trickster theories and such, though, he knows them best
Thank you for the recap, Rico. Much appreciated.

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S was the Trickster in Mafia: A World Reborn. She had the secret power to create Night Polls for certain effects. I know she enjoyed the role very much, so it's not crazy to think she might have included it in this game.

We believe the Night Polls are controlling the Positions, 1 thru 5. The Night Polls also have added effects, such as making Tranq post Brangelina pics or me put a Sonny and Cher lyric in each post. If I had failed at my Sonny and Cher curse... well, the first time I missed it my vote was null, and another miss would have resulted in me getting roleblocked that night. So these Night Polls have additional, negative effects, which makes them look more like Trickster-style effects and less like Random Host Fun.

Maybe the Trickster is controlling the vote of everyone who voted David Bowie, or something. Or he's immune last night or tonight from powers from Bowie voters. :shrug: If he even exists.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

What happened to curses in this game?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:What happened to curses in this game?
Dunno. Only the questions one from D1 is unrevealed, right? The Brangelina and Chersonny ones seem to have stemmed from the night poll - although, why only those two?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

What happened to me being killed for voting for you? :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:
Dunno. Only the questions one from D1 is unrevealed, right? The Brangelina and Chersonny ones seem to have stemmed from the night poll - although, why only those two?
Who has had the questions one? Draconus, and someone else, right?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
It's a slow death. :feb:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Draco seemed to be dealing with it, yes. I don't think it showed up again when position 4 was re-chosen. The only roles with secrets were the Llepig and Tranqden.

Speaking of, I don't think the two Indy's secrets have been fully revealed, once llama was lynched, the way the Monopoly duo's secrets were, when Tranq was lynched. What's up with that?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Maybe BR has the question curse from a Pikmin and that was the only instance of it. :shrug:
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Ricochet wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Phases, as in plural, my man. Like, 7 of them Day ones.
:ponder:
:faint:
:ninja:
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Long Con wrote:S~V~S was the Trickster in Mafia: A World Reborn. She had the secret power to create Night Polls for certain effects. I know she enjoyed the role very much, so it's not crazy to think she might have included it in this game.

We believe the Night Polls are controlling the Positions, 1 thru 5. The Night Polls also have added effects, such as making Tranq post Brangelina pics or me put a Sonny and Cher lyric in each post. If I had failed at my Sonny and Cher curse... well, the first time I missed it my vote was null, and another miss would have resulted in me getting roleblocked that night. So these Night Polls have additional, negative effects, which makes them look more like Trickster-style effects and less like Random Host Fun.

Maybe the Trickster is controlling the vote of everyone who voted David Bowie, or something. Or he's immune last night or tonight from powers from Bowie voters. :shrug: If he even exists.
Seems reasonable to assume the Trickster is back in this game, then. Hopefully there's no major vote manipulation today. We'll see I guess.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Who has had the questions one? Draconus, and someone else, right?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
It's a slow death. :feb:
Yes. Myself and Boomslang. All yes/no questions.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Boomslang?
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Dom »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dom wrote: Day 3?
Okay.
This is so desperate.
Why is this desperate?
Hey everyone, is Day 3 early in a game of 30 people?

DrWilgy wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
You have all this time to tell us that you're not up to speed but none to tell me why you voted me.

Actually last game, Star Wars, you were BAD and did things liek that too. Pretending how busy you were and just couldn't keep up. And you won because I never NK'd you and nobody wanted to waste a lynch on you. :ponder:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ok, here we go, but I'm not staying a minute past 2am, so I won't end up far today. Any typos or mistakes, too late the hour to care much...
Spacedaisy*/ bea

*notes on Spacedaisy in spaghetti vermilion; notes on bea in regular boring color

Sparing or fighting attitude vs. the great Papryco
D1 flabbergasted by amount of pages written within first phase and a half, finds Rico all over the board and blatantly trying to get lynched; does not invest further in the subject
bea never witnessed the great Papryco's rise, but that's forgivable

Spacedaisy/bea - zebra
nothing from Daisy
nothing from bea either, because she only subbed in on Day 3.0

Spacedaisy/bea - LoRab
nothing from Daisy
D3.0 comments (in her ketch-up phase) on a vocaroo by JJJ discussing LoRab, but she only comments on vocaroos being a no-no
appreciates Mac telling her of people that are currently suspected (LoRab included), but unsure of his advice to look into others as well
comments on LoRab buddying to "civvie-like perceived players", when bad; doesn't have a developed read on LoRab
questions Sorsha's suspicions of LoRab
D3.5 questions LoRab for thoughts on her wagon voters
later, curious to hear from LoRab
slightly critical of JJJ, knowing he'd survive D3.0, pushing FZ. to vote LoRab, a player she [FZ] felt better about, compared to Sorsha
agrees with BR on what I can assume are multiple issues, including LoRab's D3.0 wagon feeling like a push, but LoRab being suspicious nonetheless
agrees with Dom about the "suspish" usage (and history), doesn't find either LoRab or Dom suspicious for it
questions Golden which of JJJ's 3.0 voters might have been LoRab savers
D4 yays LoRab lynch, likes JJJ's theory linking llama, dom and LoRab
N4 questions if LC's case on JJJ is conviction or baddie tactic, referencing Sorsha and BR's prior conviction on LoRab
references possible LoRab mood facing potential lynch and considers her not wanting to answer any of bea's questions
D5 reads Ninja's vote for LoRab in positive light (if only one baddie team)

---

LoRab only replied to bea's inquiry on suspects D3.5, naming JJJ (civ), motel (TBA), tranq (civ)

votes
D1 missed
D2 earned some LV by voted sig, late EoD vote; no reasoning
D3.0 earned more LV by voting JJJ, late EoD vote, based on Mac's and DH's arguments
D3.5 voted MM, late EoD vote, no prior mentions I think
D4 voted Llama, late stage vote, liking JJJ's case
D5 returned to MM with her vote for civ-unfriendliness

other notes
D1 in reply to MM: denies being mafia; confused about "confirmed baddies" talk in her catchup
D3.0 feels good about FZ and DH; vouches for BR's conviction in voting LoRab; likes DH's points on Sorsha
pitches on JJJ's reads: llama-Golden spat genuine on both sides; juliets characteristic in allowing herself time to read defenses, not so much doign ISO's; agrees with JJJ's ISO on boom, but unnerved by speed with which case is picked up; unnerved by tranq, but only because he's tranq; ok with LC's points
D3.5 questions if civvie or baddie JJJ would leave no legacy, knowing it's pointless; calls her vote "pretty much GTH"
doesn't get why DH looks bad to HB, after the D3.0 lynch
justifies JJJ vote due to Mac's argument reasoning with JJJ's content, not volume; on the fence with JJJ, would rather focus on someone else
something something about Dom standing up for her
D4 views on JJJ improve, agrees with FZ, talks about civs having positions, agrees her vote isn't looking good, votes llama for best case around
reads Dom asking questions as unindicative of alignment
N4 strengthens good view on JJJ based on FZ. (and Rico) taking down LC's stance on him; focuses on whether to trust LC or not
reads BR and Sorsha good, if baddies are one team
D5 reads FZ and Sorsha ok, DH is "sympatico", motel and Draco time-constrained; unsure whether to call bads on LC; Mac is lulzy but characteristic(?!); reads on tranq, ninja, Matt, everyone else being a ?
in reply to Dom and Sorsha, pitches in on old and new Matt (not very clear from her posts how she feels about him, tbh)
votes MM again for "bad, Death Notey-like mood", stays on MM despite his claim due to civ-unfriendliness
some debate with Wilgy
N5 ketch-up banter

Nothing to ascertain or imply about either Daisy's or bea's level of participation. I no doubt find it genuine that both Daisy couldn't keep up with the game (especially in its papryka-flavoured explosive state) and that bea is doing her best, day by day. In fact, to her credit, bea's input is mostly focused (even if coming in waves, due to time constraints) and it never reads like she had any moments of pressure or wobble in covering the issues, with her own ideas added to the mix.

That being said, some of her votes weren't always the best and meatiest (at best, borrowed from others's perspectives) - plus, she was also quick to confirm that herself, after her JJJ and llama votes. Didn't exactly made a strong stance on LoRab, at any point, commenting instead more on her huntressess, such as Sorsha or BR. Her first MM vote appears to be unreasoned, only the second time she returns with a full pitch as to why MM looks nefarious. The greatest arc in how she related to someone that I could spot was with JJJ: no prior signs of finding JJJ suspicious before voting him D3.0, then gradually warming up to his cases, doubting any sneaky intents behind his non-lynch or claims, even turning a bit on LC's for his constant push. Could be slightly tinfoiled as reaching an arm around his shoulders, in the eyes of the public, if (or whenever, as sadly is the case already) JJJ might flip victim. But it's not that much to conclude.

Note to self: if DH or Dom flip bad, bea's interaction with them is worth a re-study. I mean, it will happen anyway, but I didn't pick up on her saying a single bad word about either of them.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Ricochet wrote:Boomslang?
Yes. I believe it was Boomslang who was forced to post in yes/no questions 1 or 2 Day phases after I had to do it.

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Draconus wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Boomslang?
Yes. I believe it was Boomslang who was forced to post in yes/no questions 1 or 2 Day phases after I had to do it.
Found it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 960

Post by MacDougall »

I'm gonna change my username to ZacDougall so that I'm always the bottom of any alphabetically influenced ISO analysis because nobody ever gets all the way through or if they do they are so over it by then that they phone it in. :shifty:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MacDougall wrote:I'm gonna change my username to ZacDougall so that I'm always the bottom of any alphabetically influenced ISO analysis because nobody ever gets all the way through or if they do they are so over it by then that they phone it in. :shifty:
I do tend to never reach the end of a full scan or skip over the suicidal tier ISOs, but I'd never phone it in, just to get it over with quicker.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I'm gonna change my username to ZacDougall so that I'm always the bottom of any alphabetically influenced ISO analysis because nobody ever gets all the way through or if they do they are so over it by then that they phone it in. :shifty:
I do tend to never reach the end of a full scan or skip over the suicidal tier ISOs, but I'd never phone it in, just to get it over with quicker.
Lol I always get to S and go UGHHHH THERE ARE SO MANY S's... and then just give them one word reads. Full scale analysis ain't my thing. I'm guts man.

Speaking of being guts man, anyone else find it strange that MM is catching heat for indy claiming but LC isn't?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

LC indy claimed?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Aaand time!
Boomslang

N0 Compliments Rico on a majestic comeback line against the baddie zebra. :beer:
then again, agrees with DH that indy roles shouldn't be let to coast in the game
talk about indy roles and such (alas, I was bantering)
comments on Rico's post history being on-topic; in fact, questions Mac denying the majestic quality of Rico's posts
doesn't believe Rico is Mafia
pleased with result, for confirmed civ potential

Boom - zebra - Boom
nothing on zebra whilst alive; D2 pinged by Matt trying to devalue JJJ's reads based on zebra interactions

worth noting zebra had him at the top of his Night 0/Day 1 six suspects list, playing around for a while with the notion, including moving a vote off and on him

Boom - LoRab - Boom
D1 comments on Mac adding nothing new to his LoRab suspicion
ends Day without giving any thought to the LoRab arguments
D2 reads LoRab's defense genuine
D3 something about JJJ raising the case in light of the LoRab wagon falling flat (...?)
D3.5 likes Rico's suspish theory, although not pinged by the detail itself as much
comments on Sorsha noting the D3.0 LoRab wagon has nearly evaporated; thinks either LoRab's voters are not JJJ teamies or baddies are spreading
N3 admits never suspecting LoRab, post-lynch

nada from LoRab

votes
D1 votes Mac, late EoD vote, due to dissension with him
D2 earns LV by voting sig, mid-tally vote, for flippancy, emoji-use and bad vibes
D3 misses vote?
D3.5 votes FZ, very late tie-phase vote, in disapproval of her Tranq stance
D4 votes Tranq, early on, to flush him out
D5 re-votes Tranq, early on, never leaves the spot

other notes
N0 interested in poll mechanics, considers the poll open to interpretations
banter reply to Mac suspecting him off the bat
takes heat for some Tranq positive stance, apparently (from MM and DH), claims he would encourage Tranq to post more if teamies
eyeballs sig for loosening his focus on serious talk
D1 engages again with Mac; calls Mac hypocrite for criticising MM's unreasoned baddie calls (after Mac did the same with Boom)
notes LC taking a cold stance on him being lynched or deemed suspicious
D2 pitches on Matt-Draco interaction around Draco's D1 cursed activity; more talk
ends Day by finding Draco feedback disappointing, JJJ case overblown (first time mentioning it, though), LoRab genuine, sig flippant
N2 comments on chances he might have switched from sig
rebuttal to LC calling him a bandwagoner, says the timing of his vote doesn't justify the accusation
D3 engages further with LC and Mac
D3.5 criticises FZ's "last baddie standing" viewpoint, due to the angle that a baddie lurker could still use powers
ends the Day by feeling unsure about JJJ wagon, might add to a Tranq push, disapproves again FZ's stance on Tranq; reads HBB the strongest
D5 ok with lynching Tranq or juliets

First off, Boomslang sussers, old and new, need to remind me what they found on him and when, because I can't cross-check his ISO with others' case atm. Just fyi. Gimme an update on him, if you have any.

His interaction with LoRab didn't leave me very content and that D2 sig vote is definitely a stinker, in light of commenting on him, with just minor eyeballing in the past, and treating LoRab as genuine, without much investigation, all in the same post, not to mention after a Day in which he rather sunk his teeth into something about Matt and Draco, and not much else. Next Days gets even more fragmented - the stance on tranq is the strongest, he focuses a bit on FZ and keeps pressure in his relations with LC and Mac.

Zebra's "hateful six" list currently has only sig having flipped out as a civ, so no idea how much civ-paint or baddie-bluff zebra put into the list. Normally, it would make me doubt she's emphasize Boom, as a teamie, as her "top" suss, complete with shenanigans. Then again, Boom gave no reaction to it, whilst responding to Mac's or MM's suss's.

Boomread at face value reads slighty untrustworthy, due to input and bad vote moves, but not incredibly conclusive either. Boomread with tinfoil reads like he could have afforded a LoRab uncomitted defense move (although his sig vote would then stick out in a very risky way, as a teamie), distancing from any JJJ sussing, convenient tunneling on a few feuds, sinking Tranq with civ arguments and coasting with not much depth to his activity throughout several phases.

Does that "strong civ" sudden mention of HB read to anyone as intriguing in any way?

Follow up questions:

Mac, how do you feel about Boom lately?
FZ., Boom almost sunk your ship on the four-tie Day? How do you feel about him, overall?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Day 5 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote:MM is neutral with a Win Condition unrelated to Civs and baddies? Well damn, what a coincidence, so am I! :ponder:
Yes, he did.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Is your banter reception setting on low, TARS?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:Aaand time!
Boomslang

N0 Compliments Rico on a majestic comeback line against the baddie zebra. :beer:
then again, agrees with DH that indy roles shouldn't be let to coast in the game
talk about indy roles and such (alas, I was bantering)
comments on Rico's post history being on-topic; in fact, questions Mac denying the majestic quality of Rico's posts
doesn't believe Rico is Mafia
pleased with result, for confirmed civ potential

Boom - zebra - Boom
nothing on zebra whilst alive; D2 pinged by Matt trying to devalue JJJ's reads based on zebra interactions

worth noting zebra had him at the top of his Night 0/Day 1 six suspects list, playing around for a while with the notion, including moving a vote off and on him

Boom - LoRab - Boom
D1 comments on Mac adding nothing new to his LoRab suspicion
ends Day without giving any thought to the LoRab arguments
D2 reads LoRab's defense genuine
D3 something about JJJ raising the case in light of the LoRab wagon falling flat (...?)
D3.5 likes Rico's suspish theory, although not pinged by the detail itself as much
comments on Sorsha noting the D3.0 LoRab wagon has nearly evaporated; thinks either LoRab's voters are not JJJ teamies or baddies are spreading
N3 admits never suspecting LoRab, post-lynch

nada from LoRab

votes
D1 votes Mac, late EoD vote, due to dissension with him
D2 earns LV by voting sig, mid-tally vote, for flippancy, emoji-use and bad vibes
D3 misses vote?
D3.5 votes FZ, very late tie-phase vote, in disapproval of her Tranq stance
D4 votes Tranq, early on, to flush him out
D5 re-votes Tranq, early on, never leaves the spot

other notes
N0 interested in poll mechanics, considers the poll open to interpretations
banter reply to Mac suspecting him off the bat
takes heat for some Tranq positive stance, apparently (from MM and DH), claims he would encourage Tranq to post more if teamies
eyeballs sig for loosening his focus on serious talk
D1 engages again with Mac; calls Mac hypocrite for criticising MM's unreasoned baddie calls (after Mac did the same with Boom)
notes LC taking a cold stance on him being lynched or deemed suspicious
D2 pitches on Matt-Draco interaction around Draco's D1 cursed activity; more talk
ends Day by finding Draco feedback disappointing, JJJ case overblown (first time mentioning it, though), LoRab genuine, sig flippant
N2 comments on chances he might have switched from sig
rebuttal to LC calling him a bandwagoner, says the timing of his vote doesn't justify the accusation
D3 engages further with LC and Mac
D3.5 criticises FZ's "last baddie standing" viewpoint, due to the angle that a baddie lurker could still use powers
ends the Day by feeling unsure about JJJ wagon, might add to a Tranq push, disapproves again FZ's stance on Tranq; reads HBB the strongest
D5 ok with lynching Tranq or juliets

First off, Boomslang sussers, old and new, need to remind me what they found on him and when, because I can't cross-check his ISO with others' case atm. Just fyi. Gimme an update on him, if you have any.

His interaction with LoRab didn't leave me very content and that D2 sig vote is definitely a stinker, in light of commenting on him, with just minor eyeballing in the past, and treating LoRab as genuine, without much investigation, all in the same post, not to mention after a Day in which he rather sunk his teeth into something about Matt and Draco, and not much else. Next Days gets even more fragmented - the stance on tranq is the strongest, he focuses a bit on FZ and keeps pressure in his relations with LC and Mac.

Zebra's "hateful six" list currently has only sig having flipped out as a civ, so no idea how much civ-paint or baddie-bluff zebra put into the list. Normally, it would make me doubt she's emphasize Boom, as a teamie, as her "top" suss, complete with shenanigans. Then again, Boom gave no reaction to it, whilst responding to Mac's or MM's suss's.

Boomread at face value reads slighty untrustworthy, due to input and bad vote moves, but not incredibly conclusive either. Boomread with tinfoil reads like he could have afforded a LoRab uncomitted defense move (although his sig vote would then stick out in a very risky way, as a teamie), distancing from any JJJ sussing, convenient tunneling on a few feuds, sinking Tranq with civ arguments and coasting with not much depth to his activity throughout several phases.

Does that "strong civ" sudden mention of HB read to anyone as intriguing in any way?

Follow up questions:

Mac, how do you feel about Boom lately?
FZ., Boom almost sunk your ship on the four-tie Day? How do you feel about him, overall?
Lurky, coasting, hasn't stuck his head up since people stopped wanting to lynch him. Typical scum.

But he was cursed which seems like something the scum team would be doing not a civ/rogue ... and tbh I haven't had my hunting cap on lately because I am currently building a 7 figure web project at work and it's pretty important. I'd rate Boomslang high on my list of possible scum still.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:Is your banter reception setting on low, TARS?
Which part of that comment is anybody supposed to take as a joke? Is it the ponder smiley? The lack of sarc font? Or is it the fact that it's an entirely believable claim with no trace of banter or sarcasm in or around it?

Why do you think he wasn't serious?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

I disagree, there have been plenty civ cursers in games, so it's not a significant factor. If zebra was confirmed emoji curser, the question curser could well be civ, for balance. It's a mild curse, in fact, so it could be on the civ side even more.

linki: The part that is the entirety of that comment? It doesn't always need to be in sarc to be sarc, but at least judging by tone, I never took that comment by LC to be a serious claim. Wasn't it followed, soon afterwards, by the "you voted me, you die or pay money" comment? (Don't recall by heart...) That wasn't sarc'd either, yet I'm supposed to believe it? Anyway, it struck me as calling bullsuit on MM's claim, by messing around with the claim concept.

Why is LC's claim "entirely believable" for you and MM isn't?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ricochet wrote:I disagree, there have been plenty civ cursers in games, so it's not a significant factor. If zebra was confirmed emoji curser, the question curser could well be civ, for balance. It's a mild curse, in fact, so it could be on the civ side even more.

linki: The part that is the entirety of that comment? It doesn't always need to be in sarc to be sarc, but at least judging by tone, I never took that comment by LC to be a serious claim. Wasn't it followed, soon afterwards, by the "you voted me, you die or pay money" comment? (Don't recall by heart...) That wasn't sarc'd either, yet I'm supposed to believe it? Anyway, it struck me as calling bullsuit on MM's claim, by messing around with the claim concept.

Why is LC's claim "entirely believable" for you and MM isn't?
When did I say that MM wasn't believable dude?

When I say believable I mean, his claim doesn't seem to be so outlandish that it can be assumed to be a joke. I don't see why it's automatically assumed to be a joke. I certainly thought he was being genuine about it. Why don't we just ask him? LC were you joking?

Valid points on the curser topic though.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Holy posts Rico.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Mmmm, joking? About what again?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Are you indie?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Rico got the gist and subtext of my post a lot better than you, Mac.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 47

Post by Boomslang »

Long Con is bad, and you have to trust me on this. I've made some bad calls this game, but this one is different.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

What makes you think he is bad Boom?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Boomslang wrote:Long Con is bad, and you have to trust me on this. I've made some bad calls this game, but this one is different.
Spicy!
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Boomslang wrote:Long Con is bad, and you have to trust me on this. I've made some bad calls this game, but this one is different.
Long Con isn't bad, and you have to trust me on this. I've made some bad calls this game, but this one is different as well.
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dom wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Okay.
This is so desperate.
Why is this desperate?
Dom, you aren't very good at answering questions directly (if at all). Why do you act so incredulous when people don't answer yours?

Can you offer an alternative to a player that Hamburgerboy might have hidden behind?

Also Rico, I will do some research on your question when I get the chance. I've written that in my notebook.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

MacDougall wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Lol I always get to S and go UGHHHH THERE ARE SO MANY S's... and then just give them one word reads. Full scale analysis ain't my thing. I'm guts man.

Speaking of being guts man, anyone else find it strange that MM is catching heat for indy claiming but LC isn't?
I thought he was being sarcastic.
I agree with this statement.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dom wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Okay.
This is so desperate.
Why is this desperate?
Dom, you aren't very good at answering questions directly (if at all). Why do you act so incredulous when people don't answer yours?

Can you offer an alternative to a player that Hamburgerboy might have hidden behind?

Also Rico, I will do some research on your question when I get the chance. I've written that in my notebook.
Because you're the one answering my questions with questions, my friend. ;)

Day 3 is very early in the game and does not meet your qualifications of not doing so early. I don't have to offer you an alternative. That's ridiculous.

How can you be serious?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I agree with this statement.
MM why do you agree? What do you see in LC that looks bad?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Juliets, my gut says trust LC, my head says be wary of LC. Where do you stand?
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 175

Post by Sorsha »

Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:For reference, I wouldn't imagine HB intentionally role-checking a player as potential baddie by kamikaze'ing, except if he'd leave major "X is my friend, I'mma stick around with him tonight" type of breadcrums (which I don't recall in this case). It's obvious we're not getting any closer to figuring out who he might have hidden behind, so his attempt would most likely go to waste, if he would try it out like that.
By all means, if you can find a better alternative to a player he may have hid behind on Night 3.

It is most likely he hid and died behind somebody.
I didn't mean that, Captain Obvious! I meant intentionally hiding behind a prime suspect, to test if he really is bad. I'm more of the belief it was a deadly accident.

Who would you say HB might have cleared, based on hiding behind without trouble on previous Nights?
My opinion on HB: I agree that he was hiding behind someone he thought was a civ and to see who he might have hidden behind on the nights previous to his death I'd look to his rainbow list.

I don't think it would be odd for him to put a successful hiding target high on his list.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DrWilgy wrote:
Long Con isn't bad, and you have to trust me on this. I've made some bad calls this game, but this one is different as well.
But what's Boomslang's angle here?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

LC, what do you make of Mac and his subdued game?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dom wrote:LC, what do you make of Mac and his subdued game?
It's a way to play. Difficult to analyze, and I don't particularly know his meta to any degree.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”